PDA

View Full Version : Is Kobe delirious?

NYSpirit1
05-07-2011, 01:27 AM
His postgame press conference in the loss to the Mavs to put them down 0-3 was one of the weirdest press conferences I've ever seen. He was laughing, almost maniacally and kept calling himself "crazy".

He pretended he couldn't see who was asking the questions as he kept racing his eyes across the entire room and then said we got a game to win Sunday or "whenever the hell it is".

In my opinion, he's always been one of the most annoying interviewees. He pretends he doesn't care about anything, then when it goes his way, he admits it did matter. Like last year vs. the Celtics, he downplayed the entire rivalry at any chance he could, but then when the Lakers won, he talked up the rivalry like it was the greatest thing that ever happened to basketball.

Kobe isn't going to end his career like Michael Jordan (w/the Bulls). He's 32 and he's already way far off than Jordan was when he was 35. I'd even argue that before Jordan got hurt in 2001 (he was averaging 25, 5 and 5), he was playing just as good at 38 than Kobe is at 32.

I think we're finally starting to see the decline of Kobe Bryant. Each year his scoring average has declined and it's been odd that he just isn't taking over the end of the games anymore like he used to. He sounds like a player in denial.

Besides the point, I think the whole comparison of Kobe to Jordan was ESPN's way of attaining more viewers. I don't know how you could say he's even had a better career than Magic Johnson or Kareem. Kobe's made it to 7 Finals, but he's lost two and he's about to get swept in a point in his career that Jordan would have never allowed. I think this finally puts the end to the conversation, especially with the rise of the Heat in the East, who are only going to get better and win more championships.

Avenged
05-07-2011, 01:29 AM
Really?

So you're mad because he's not panicking and crying about it? I agree that their are reasons to hate Kobe but this isn't one of them.

Im glad that the leader of the team I root for isn't out there crying about it. He can weep all he wants when the series is officially over.

knightstemplar
05-07-2011, 01:31 AM
kobe's still confident, he says that he thinks that theyll still win the series, whats wrong with that?

silvTeg98
05-07-2011, 01:31 AM
what a stupid thread.

ElMarroAfamado
05-07-2011, 01:33 AM
grow up

JordansBulls
05-07-2011, 01:35 AM
Should go into the game thread.

naztrack
05-07-2011, 01:36 AM
Laker fight catty huh.........

NetsPaint
05-07-2011, 01:39 AM
Has more to do with Pau's play. Sure, he's not the same as he used to be, but he's dealing with a deep Mavericks team, and he did have a good game.

Analyzing his reactions to wins and losses? Come on, like him or not, his different reactions aren't dramatic.

Hellcrooner
05-07-2011, 01:46 AM
the funny think is lakers have played the worst they can play all of them and phil has coached his worst too.

and mavs have won CLOSE games.

if by some miracle lakers decide to go and play they can make it 4-0 with 4 20+ point differential trashings to overcome it 4-3.

too bad it wont happen.

giants73756
05-07-2011, 01:49 AM
I think we're finally starting to see the decline of Kobe Bryant. Each year his scoring average has declined and it's been odd that he just isn't taking over the end of the games anymore like he used to. He sounds like a player in denial.

Why? Because the Lakers lost 3 games in a row? For Christ's sake, it's 3 games. I hate how everybody overblows everything that happens in the playoffs. I dislike the Lakers, but stop with this garbage.

iggypop123
05-07-2011, 01:53 AM
you mean athletes play the media! wow what a novel concept

Jahari Kavi
05-07-2011, 02:00 AM
Don't agree with everything here but Kobes been declining for some time now...

Gators123
05-07-2011, 02:01 AM
grow up

The pot calling the kettle black...

ReppinDaNorth21
05-07-2011, 02:01 AM
Someones mad.

Supreme LA
05-07-2011, 02:04 AM
What did this guy expect?? You're talking about a 5-time champ and you think he is gonna cry and moan about it? It's not over til it's over and I wouldn't want my star player to tell the media he is gonna fold.

Lakers are gonna come out with everything they have and I just hope it's enough. Whether they win or not im not sure. The Mavs are moving and shooting the ball great. The lakers just really look mentally and physically tired from 4 straight finals appearances. If they lose, I have no doubt this team could recharge in the offseason and make another run. This postseason collapse is not like that of the Spurs or the C's.

LakersIn5
05-07-2011, 02:06 AM
LOL its just one playoffs! dirk and the mavs lost in the first round last season and people were already counting them out but they have come really strong this season. if ever the lakers gets eliminated expect them to be back at full strength next season

BULLSFAN0810
05-07-2011, 02:09 AM
Kobe is a GREAT PLAYER...Thats what they do...Do you think Mj would sit there down 3-0 and say its over? People forgot Mj was put out a few times,take it he after 2000 was a mainstay in the finals but prior he was put out also. great players are crazy,how do you think they are able to stand up and take pressure shots?You have to be crazy to repeatedly want to take the last shot and be the fall guy...all you that say you wouldnt mind taking the last shot because you are a "G" let you miss a few game winners and watch how fast you past the rock...Only great players wanna be the goat and the victor and to be that you must be delirious.

ReppinDaNorth21
05-07-2011, 02:09 AM
LOL its just one playoffs! dirk and the mavs lost in the first round last season and people were already counting them out but they have come really strong this season. if ever the lakers gets eliminated expect them to be back at full strength next season

uh..really? Your best player is on decline Gasol looks softer then ever. Bynum is your only strong point and he is like glass.

Thunder Grizzlies are two teams that would take LA easily.

AIRMAR72
05-07-2011, 02:16 AM
His postgame press conference in the loss to the Mavs to put them down 0-3 was one of the weirdest press conferences I've ever seen. He was laughing, almost maniacally and kept calling himself "crazy".

He pretended he couldn't see who was asking the questions as he kept racing his eyes across the entire room and then said we got a game to win Sunday or "whenever the hell it is".

In my opinion, he's always been one of the most annoying interviewees. He pretends he doesn't care about anything, then when it goes his way, he admits it did matter. Like last year vs. the Celtics, he downplayed the entire rivalry at any chance he could, but then when the Lakers won, he talked up the rivalry like it was the greatest thing that ever happened to basketball.

Kobe isn't going to end his career like Michael Jordan (w/the Bulls). He's 32 and he's already way far off than Jordan was when he was 35. I'd even argue that before Jordan got hurt in 2001 (he was averaging 25, 5 and 5), he was playing just as good at 38 than Kobe is at 32.

Besides the point, I think the whole comparison of Kobe to Jordan was ESPN's way of attaining more viewers. I don't know how you could say he's even had a better career than Magic Johnson or Kareem. Kobe's made it to 7 Finals, but he's lost two and he's about to get swept in a point in his career that Jordan would have never allowed. I think this finally puts the end to the conversation, especially with the rise of the Heat in the East, who are only going to get better and win more championships.

ive been around in this guy(kobe) presence multiple times he was younger back than the man is FAKE i wont get to details about it but ive been saying this since i join this sport forum for FUN since im bored at home i can NAME 8 others SG who are better than kobe skill wise not RINGS at 32 jordan was still a nightmare also bird,magic,karrem,joe dumars,mitch richmond played better than kobe at 32 i can name 8 SG WHO PLAYED BETTER THAN KOBE AT AGE 32.. kobe been lucky to play for one the best franches in league history kobe always had help(talent) i dont wanna hear smush parker this and that ITS kobe job as a leader to make those guys BETTER and he has NEVER made anyone around better sad but its true kobe is a self centered and WEAK minded and over confident he talks alot but dude(KOBE) is a true PUNK at heart

BULLSFAN0810
05-07-2011, 02:19 AM
the diff between Kobe and MJ is MJ is smarter and a better post player. MJ has more fire but Kobes fire is just as hot. Kobe has too many weapons and since he is declining he needs to delegate some responsibilities to other ppl. They need to trade Artest as much as i hate to say,or Artest needs to work on his jumper bc he is too wide open at times to miss some of the shots he misses...LA needs to post ODOM AND ARTEST MORE TO TAKE ADV of MIS MATCHES...KOBE needs to post more at the end of the game,thats how you run the triangle throuh him in end game situtation.and have Bynum and everyone else slash to the hole when Kobe gets doubled.

AIRMAR72
05-07-2011, 02:31 AM
the diff between Kobe and MJ is MJ is smarter and a better post player. MJ has more fire but Kobes fire is just as hot. Kobe has too many weapons and since he is declining he needs to delegate some responsibilities to other ppl. They need to trade Artest as much as i hate to say,or Artest needs to work on his jumper bc he is too wide open at times to miss some of the shots he misses...LA needs to post ODOM AND ARTEST MORE TO TAKE ADV of MIS MATCHES...KOBE needs to post more at the end of the game,thats how you run the triangle throuh him in end game situtation.and have Bynum and everyone else slash to the hole when Kobe gets doubled.
KOBE DOESNT have jordan strength MJ was one strong muther------ and born with stamina that you would see in horses

lakeshow3peat
05-07-2011, 02:35 AM
greatness comes with age simple as that kobe doesnt need to explode he has too many teammates with talent . He can do everything as any other player in the league and he is a winner and he knows he has a lot left in the tank . His shots are not just falling into the basketball . Kobe is struggling but that is a bad sign for the Mavs 3 is our magic number 3 for our 3 peat . As for the comparison to MJ i will say this great players and generations come with this debate .

Tanakid777
05-07-2011, 02:39 AM
SMH at this thread. I suppose he should've said, "Well we tried. We're gonna ,ail it in Sunday and get ready for next season." GTFO

da1nonlydre16
05-07-2011, 02:43 AM
its crazy, Kobe acts like it doesnt matter that their down 0-3 and wont take any of the blame, allows the media to tag gasol with everything,, if everything isnt la la in lakerland Kobe doesnt stick by his team, he acts like he's better than everyone and thats why i never liked the winning Kobe, i prefer the Kobe thats humble and fights for respect, (2007-2009 Kobe).

lakeshow3peat
05-07-2011, 02:51 AM
its crazy, Kobe acts like it doesnt matter that their down 0-3 and wont take any of the blame, allows the media to tag gasol with everything,, if everything isnt la la in lakerland Kobe doesnt stick by his team, he acts like he's better than everyone and thats why i never liked the winning Kobe, i prefer the Kobe thats humble and fights for respect, (2007-2009 Kobe).

Did he say that? what is he suppose to say yeah were down 0-3 better kick it into gear ? He knows this he doesnt have to show anybody but himself and his teammates i prefer the whole team doing there job everybody needs to wake up and realize we are one game away from not reaching out goal . Its not kobes fault at all . As a lakers fan i expected this to be really tough and it is but we going to do it one game at a time . Mavs struggles are coming the going to have off nights just like us lakers .

kArSoN RyDaH
05-07-2011, 02:53 AM
Kobe's a leader. If our players see him panicking and crying then who are we to look to?

He knows damn well that the Lakers can win. And he's going to do everything in his power to do so.

Don't get mad and start questioning Kobe's career by comparing him to MJ.

It seems like that's the only way people can diss Kobe today, by comparing him to MJ.

Seriously, get over it.

The fat lady isn't singing yet and Kobe knows it. Don't expect him to be any different until there aren't any more games to play.

Ebbs
05-07-2011, 05:09 AM
Lol just a straight hate rant lol

naztrack
05-07-2011, 05:13 AM
take note people this is the end of Kobe and he knows it, he is just trying to hold on, hype his self up. sad to even watch any more, he is better then that but father time has no mercy. BTW when will the hold Dirk?? is that in the scheme of things at all???

SP17
05-07-2011, 06:40 AM
You must reallty hate Kobe? LOL

and again wtf with the jordan comparison? Kobe will not be better than jordan just let him be Kobe Bryant for heavens sake..

magichatnumber9
05-07-2011, 06:50 AM
This is the perfect way to send Phil into retirement.

PHX2daDEATH
05-07-2011, 06:54 AM
ive been around in this guy(kobe) presence multiple times he was younger back than the man is FAKE i wont get to details about it but ive been saying this since i join this sport forum for FUN since im bored at home i can NAME 8 others SG who are better than kobe skill wise not RINGS at 32 jordan was still a nightmare also bird,magic,karrem,joe dumars,mitch richmond played better than kobe at 32 i can name 8 SG WHO PLAYED BETTER THAN KOBE AT AGE 32.. kobe been lucky to play for one the best franches in league history kobe always had help(talent) i dont wanna hear smush parker this and that ITS kobe job as a leader to make those guys BETTER and he has NEVER made anyone around better sad but its true kobe is a self centered and WEAK minded and over confident he talks alot but dude(KOBE) is a true PUNK at heart

this is what i have to say to people that say he should of won MVP for averaging 35 points a game..and is also the reason why he'll never be better then Jordan Magic or Bird..I'd put kobe top 10 maybe all-time but not top 5...he's had the best coach, the best center and now the so called best PF (two years ago) Lakers need to blow it up, they'll have a new coach next year with a different philosophy from PJ's.. unless they hire Shaw..and even that could be different..you don't wanna be Pete Myers and you don't wanna be the guy replacing Phil Jackson, my thoughts are that Fish retires too.. Lakers need a new PG, and with the league owning the Hornets I wouldnt be suprised if Kobe has Chris Paul Next year...

GspLAL
05-07-2011, 07:28 AM

God you're ignorant, Kobe is 32 but he has the same mileage as Jordan when he was 35-36, not to mention he's had countless injuries

tjlipford
05-07-2011, 08:01 AM
This does not hurt kobes legacy. He is a hell of a competitor & winner. They just don't have an answer right now for Dallas. He has played the most games in the league the last 3 years including the Olympics & the finals, & the playoffs. I think the series is over now, but he's not going to admit it to the world. No one would do that.

He's finally losing & it seems like people have been wanting to attack him for a long time now. It happens to everybody, he's older now. His age is 32, but the mileage on his body is if he were 35-36 so people should stop saying he's 32 and can't do this...... It's ****ed up that his whole team excluding Bynum is playing like a bunch of *******.

I watched that game & I knew it was only a matter of time before Dallas started making there open 3's. No perimeter defense at all for LA. Dirk is playing great & Kobe is in decline, but u can't deny what he has done in this league just because he is finally losing

assisi805
05-07-2011, 08:09 AM
"Finally the decline of kobe"

Never heard that before.

tjlipford
05-07-2011, 08:11 AM
This series may be over, but I won't believe it until it is officially over. LA may be able to make this a series

ne3xchamps
05-07-2011, 08:23 AM
Really?

So you're mad because he's not panicking and crying about it? I agree that their are reasons to hate Kobe but this isn't one of them.

Im glad that the leader of the team I root for isn't out there crying about it. He can weep all he wants when the series is officially over.

this.

ldawg
05-07-2011, 08:26 AM
Lakers had this game. Dallas made some big shots but the refs also helped with some bogus calls when lakers was putting them away. How does La shoot only 2 ft in the fourth when they were the ones pounding the ball inside to dallas jump shots? How did andrew get a foul call when Dirk did a moving screen on Odom when Bynum was not really in the play? no excuse but that changed the game right there, they started to argue who should come out and it was all down hill from there. I ask ask my friend early in the fourth why are the refs calling tick tack fouls on La and none on Dallas, the nba is rigged. Win or loose you can always see bias calls in the nba to favor players or teams. Lakers had their share now the tied has turn. Kobe know the Lakers can beat Mavs but the refs and the luck is not on there side this year. They had both game 1 and 3 they lost with a combo of refs regular season type calls and silly play. The nba need to do something about those refs or the game will always seem rigged.

ne3xchamps
05-07-2011, 08:27 AM

what an incredibly stupid, idiotic post. way to go as now you will forever be mocked and quoted as a complete moron. good job. :up:

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-07-2011, 08:49 AM
I just gotta say this out loud:

Kobe isn't getting too old, and the Lakers aren't beating themselves.

Dirk and this deep Mav's team are beating them. Plain and Simple.

They are making ridiculous shots and the Lake show can't do anything about it. They just ran into a hot team, and a player (Dirk) who is sick of being labeled a choker.

You can just see it with every shot he takes. He refuses to miss an important shot. He knows the Lakers can't defend him, and he is intent on getting his type of shot off, and nailing it every time.

Seriously, I haven't seen him miss one important shot in this series. Not a single one. This is the best he has every played, and he is a man possessed right now.

Sure LA could have executed better down the stretch in games 1 and 3...but that doesn't solve the problem that they can't do a damn thing to even slow Dirk down right now, and it doesn't mean that they would win this series, even if they had held on and won one of those games.

How are they gonna beat Dallas when they are going up against a machine like that...who just doesn't miss shots.

That is my analysis of this series so far. Dirk and his team are on fire and are making ridiculous shots in the 4th quarter and there isn't a damn thing anyone on LA can do about it.

LakersIn5
05-07-2011, 08:53 AM
if the lakers does lose why the **** do people bash kobe for losing in the 2nd round? duncan lost in the first round, dirk lost in the first round last year, pierce,ray lost 2 years ago in the 2nd round but people are not counting them out. but if its the lakers then they have no chance at all to come back strong the next year

JordansBulls
05-07-2011, 08:55 AM
Kobe's a leader. If our players see him panicking and crying then who are we to look to?

He knows damn well that the Lakers can win. And he's going to do everything in his power to do so.

Don't get mad and start questioning Kobe's career by comparing him to MJ.

It seems like that's the only way people can diss Kobe today, by comparing him to MJ.

Seriously, get over it.

The fat lady isn't singing yet and Kobe knows it. Don't expect him to be any different until there aren't any more games to play.

This.:clap:

dodie53
05-07-2011, 08:58 AM
this is isn't the 1st time kobe lost a series,
he's not crying about it

mttwlsn16
05-07-2011, 08:59 AM

this

da1nonlydre16
05-07-2011, 09:00 AM
Did he say that? what is he suppose to say yeah were down 0-3 better kick it into gear ? He knows this he doesnt have to show anybody but himself and his teammates i prefer the whole team doing there job everybody needs to wake up and realize we are one game away from not reaching out goal . Its not kobes fault at all . As a lakers fan i expected this to be really tough and it is but we going to do it one game at a time . Mavs struggles are coming the going to have off nights just like us lakers .

no he's supposed to start takin responsibility as a "leader", he acts like the lakers are beating themselves and that his teammates are making mistakes, NO, The mavs are flat out beating them. If the Heat were down 0-3 and Lebron was goin around acting like Kobe was right now, the sports world would be going in on him. But Kobe gets a pass. You laker fans need to wake up and realize that the Lakers and your precious Kobe Bryant are in a hole. Coming back from 0-3 has never been done, the lakers in my eyes can make the comeback. But they must first realize that their not playing like world champs and it wont be given to them.

Young and Stupid
05-07-2011, 09:18 AM
Honestly, I've grown to like Kobe Bryant more than I had in the past because of his press conferences and interviews. I love his confidence, his cockiness, and indirect insolence. Kobe's arrogant, but he's in a position where that's to be expected. Every individual at the top of their field is arrogant -- they need to be. It doesn't mean that they're not good people, it's just what comes with the territory.

I really don't understand the hate for Kobe -- he's one of the only throwback players the NBA has left -- he's an extremely hard-worker, a passionate player, a great leader and one of the league's most unique individuals. I think that a lot of people take Kobe for granted; when it's all said and done he'll likely go down as a top-5 player. I don't get it.

Then again, I don't understand the hate for LeBron James either, so maybe I'm just hate-deaf.

ilovemyangel
05-07-2011, 09:31 AM
You know, even as a Celtics fan, I can't hate Kobe for how great of a basketball player he is. So what? The guy did it his way and he lived with the results which is 5 championships. All good things come to an end man. At ppl comparing him to jordan: stop comparing will ya.

Young and Stupid
05-07-2011, 09:38 AM
Honestly, I've grown to like Kobe Bryant more than I had in the past because of his press conferences and interviews. I love his confidence, his cockiness, and indirect insolence. Kobe's arrogant, but he's in a position where that's to be expected. Every individual at the top of their field is arrogant -- they need to be. It doesn't mean that they're not good people, it's just what comes with the territory.

I really don't understand the hate for Kobe -- he's one of the only throwback players the NBA has left -- he's an extremely hard-worker, a passionate player, a great leader and one of the league's most unique individuals. I think that a lot of people take Kobe for granted; when it's all said and done he'll likely go down as a top-5 player. I don't get it.

Then again, I don't understand the hate for LeBron James either, so maybe I'm just hate-deaf.

And to add to that: using Jordan's career as a benchmark for Kobe Bryant is comical. Yes, Kobe Bryant idolized Jordan; yes, he's mirrored a lot of his tendencies; yes, he talks and has a personality similar to him; and yes, he measures himself against Jordan's career, but that doesn't mean we should.

Using the best player in the history of the NBA as a criterion for another player is completely unwarranted. To imply that Kobe's career has been a failure -- or more specifically, not a complete success -- because he hasn't matched Michael Jordan's ring count; or scoring record; or what have you, is laughable and unfair. He can measure himself against Jordan. We can't. It's human nature to measure yourself against the best in your profession, but to criticize Kobe because he hasn't proved himself to be as good (or better) than Jordan is ludicrous.

apope26
05-07-2011, 09:53 AM
You can't be serious... Kobe is declining get over it peeps. Stop sayin Kobe put in just as much work on the court as Jordan etc. Don't forget he didn't even start his 1st 2 yrs in the league. So please stop with the Jordan comparisons... It's rediculous. In Kobe 1st 3yrs he only started 57 total games... Lol that's not even a NBA season yet... Cmon now. Jordan left to play baseball in the PRIME of his career ... Then came back to dominate once again... Then later retired at 34... Not only to comeback and avg 22 6 n 5 at ages 38 and 39! Get real ... Came in killin and left killin. 15yrs of basketball vs kobe's 14th this year.... It's not a comparison... Not even close BoY STOP!

Back to the playoffs, let's blame Gasol... Why because Kobe can't shoot 40%? or the OTHER 7ft1 guy in Bynum don't get enough touches that matter? Orrrrr the best coach of all time arguably is gettin outcoached(never)? Orrrrr the 6'10 six man of the year who can go to any team and dominate and be an all star that he use to be (level of play)?? Orrrr simply because you've never see Kobe make ANYONE better? Gasol was already a dominant all star... U seem what happend when Kobe had Smush and the crew... He couldn't do anything. Wanted traded... Got bounced by the Suns... Was an 7 or 8 seed at best.. Quit durin the final series when he shot the ball 3 times in the 2nd half... Lol it's a joke. Yes he's great... A top 10 player of all time... But he's not better than Lebron or D Wade. Sorry. Will never be better than MJ.... The all 3 make their teams better and by scoring, rebounding, defending, and assisting. It's a joke to give a guy a pass like this bc he's 32?? Not like he's 38... Man up, demand the ball .. And take over like mike did- someone who he tries so hard to be like! Lebron took a garbage team to the finals... And dominated before then and still does today... D Wade did it wit a beat up Shaquille and bums around him... Why? Because they're better.

Now lebron and Wade get their chance to play with talent... Summin Jordan never had.... He made them players. Sorta what lebron did until this yr! Scottie was tough... Everyone else role players! If odom ran wit lebron he woulda been close to Scottie as u can get... Instead he got stuck with a ore madonna... Yet a good one, but someone who will never make u better! Class dismissed! ( go to basketballreference.com to look up and compare TRUE stats and accomplishments, Kobe don't even sniff jordan... and lebron is killin him)

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-07-2011, 09:55 AM
The comparisons to MJ are ridiculous.

It is ridiculous for Lakers fans to compare him to MJ as a way to brag about him, and it is equally ridiculous for Laker haters to compare him to MJ as a way to hate on him.

MJ is the GOAT. If you compare any player to him, they will come up short in comparison no matter what.

j11430
05-07-2011, 10:14 AM
I just went from the first page to this page, how did this turn into another Kobe vs. MJ thread?

Tanakid777
05-07-2011, 10:28 AM
lol @ the guy who basically pinned two of three Dallas wins on the refs

PrettyBoyJ
05-07-2011, 10:29 AM
nothing wrong with him staying strong and not let his emotions take over.. And the MJ comparisons gotta stop.. Kobe is Kobe.. MJ is MJ

AIRMAR72
05-07-2011, 11:32 AM
You can't be serious... Kobe is declining get over it peeps. Stop sayin Kobe put in just as much work on the court as Jordan etc. Don't forget he didn't even start his 1st 2 yrs in the league. So please stop with the Jordan comparisons... It's rediculous. In Kobe 1st 3yrs he only started 57 total games... Lol that's not even a NBA season yet... Cmon now. Jordan left to play baseball in the PRIME of his career ... Then came back to dominate once again... Then later retired at 34... Not only to comeback and avg 22 6 n 5 at ages 38 and 39! Get real ... Came in killin and left killin. 15yrs of basketball vs kobe's 14th this year.... It's not a comparison... Not even close BoY STOP!

Back to the playoffs, let's blame Gasol... Why because Kobe can't shoot 40%? or the OTHER 7ft1 guy in Bynum don't get enough touches that matter? Orrrrr the best coach of all time arguably is gettin outcoached(never)? Orrrrr the 6'10 six man of the year who can go to any team and dominate and be an all star that he use to be (level of play)?? Orrrr simply because you've never see Kobe make ANYONE better? Gasol was already a dominant all star... U seem what happend when Kobe had Smush and the crew... He couldn't do anything. Wanted traded... Got bounced by the Suns... Was an 7 or 8 seed at best.. Quit durin the final series when he shot the ball 3 times in the 2nd half... Lol it's a joke. Yes he's great... A top 10 player of all time... But he's not better than Lebron or D Wade. Sorry. Will never be better than MJ.... The all 3 make their teams better and by scoring, rebounding, defending, and assisting. It's a joke to give a guy a pass like this bc he's 32?? Not like he's 38... Man up, demand the ball .. And take over like mike did- someone who he tries so hard to be like! Lebron took a garbage team to the finals... And dominated before then and still does today... D Wade did it wit a beat up Shaquille and bums around him... Why? Because they're better.

Now lebron and Wade get their chance to play with talent... Summin Jordan never had.... He made them players. Sorta what lebron did until this yr! Scottie was tough... Everyone else role players! If odom ran wit lebron he woulda been close to Scottie as u can get... Instead he got stuck with a ore madonna... Yet a good one, but someone who will never make u better! Class dismissed! ( go to basketballreference.com to look up and compare TRUE stats and accomplishments, Kobe don't even sniff jordan... and lebron is killin him)

AMEN !! thats right brotha or sista PREACH the TRUTH

AIRMAR72
05-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Lakers had this game. Dallas made some big shots but the refs also helped with some bogus calls when lakers was putting them away. How does La shoot only 2 ft in the fourth when they were the ones pounding the ball inside to dallas jump shots? How did andrew get a foul call when Dirk did a moving screen on Odom when Bynum was not really in the play? no excuse but that changed the game right there, they started to argue who should come out and it was all down hill from there. I ask ask my friend early in the fourth why are the refs calling tick tack fouls on La and none on Dallas, the nba is rigged. Win or loose you can always see bias calls in the nba to favor players or teams. Lakers had their share now the tied has turn. Kobe know the Lakers can beat Mavs but the refs and the luck is not on there side this year. They had both game 1 and 3 they lost with a combo of refs regular season type calls and silly play. The nba need to do something about those refs or the game will always seem rigged.
HOW would you think da celtics fans feel about da lakers champioship lastyr those guys(boston) got RAPE and tortured by refs 21 FT for da lakers in last 6min of finals game ive NEVER seen or heard anything like that till it happen to boston

drobe86
05-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Uhhh yea Kobe is delirious. They've been competitive but gotten their **** handed to them in every 4th quarter. Kobe's not 1/2 the player he was, and Gasol is crap now. Bynum is the best player on the team at this stage and big men don't beat you. Just ask Dwight Howard... Nice run Lakers but rebuilding is upon you...

Hustlenomics
05-07-2011, 11:55 AM
HOW would you think da celtics fans feel about da lakers champioship lastyr those guys(boston) got RAPE and tortured by refs 21 FT for da lakers in last 6min of finals game ive NEVER seen or heard anything like that till it happen to boston

yea that was the only way the Lakers could have won that game 7 cause Celtics were too much

Mcdoh
05-07-2011, 12:02 PM
why do some people blame it on kobe's end.. when in fact it was gasol who's running out of gas.. plus kobe is kobe and mj is mj...nuff said

LakersIn5
05-07-2011, 12:12 PM
LOL @ those saying that the lakers should rebuild. MAVS lost in the 1st round last season but i didnt see them rebuild but instead they just improved w/o rebuilding and they came out better this season so i dont see why the lakers cant do that next season if ever they do lose the series

Giants-49ers-Ws
05-07-2011, 12:14 PM
no problem with kobe, used to not like the guy, but i now respect him for th great player he is and the passion and hard work he brings to the game

i got no problem with the confidence he still has in himself and team to comeback

and lastly, MJ is clearly the greatest ever.

topdog
05-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Kobe staying level is a good thing. Should he be like everyone else and say "this game is a must win." I'm so tired of guys putting everything on one game and then losing. I'm not a Lakers or Kobe fan at all btw.

fadedmario
05-07-2011, 12:24 PM
He's on the decline - it's as clear as day. Also - the Lakers are finished. I'm old enough to remember when the Lakers were terrible. Have fun with the rebuild LA - it's coming.

i'myourdaddy
05-07-2011, 12:26 PM
kobe is done...lakers is done...who care

RZZZA
05-07-2011, 12:28 PM

He wasn't pretending, a lot of interviewees seemed puzzled as to who was talking in that room. Tom Thibodeau's eyes were also darting around all over the place, trying to figure out who was speaking.

Kobes a Killer
05-07-2011, 12:28 PM

Dude I think you're delirious, Jordan never played with the type of talent lebron and wade are playin with now??????? Stupidest thing I've ever heard, you make dnewguy look smart! Jordan had hall of famers on his team idiot. Lebron and wade are better than Kobe?? So they are top 10 all time ahead of Kobe? Because you said Kobe is top 10 all time. Lebron took scrubs to the finals?? Ya they were pretty scrubby but about a 100 times better then the scrubs Kobe played with after shaq left, oh then lebron got swept idiot!!! Damn I don't ever remember Kobe getting swept. And for the record I know Kobe can't touch Jordan, and yes I know lebron is better than Kobe right now, key word right now. Kobes career>>>>>>>>>lebrons career

Damn man, haters gonna hate. Haters gonna hate hard son!!

MrfadeawayJB
05-07-2011, 12:30 PM
He isnt in denial. Yes he is on the decline, but he is still a top 10 player in the league. If he talks with too much panic that will lead to the team being to anxious and losing game 4

RZZZA
05-07-2011, 12:33 PM
I agree that people should stop with the Jordan comparisons. Nobody compares to Jordan, its unfair to compare anybody to Jordan because everyone will look inferior no matter who it is.

JasonJohnHorn
05-07-2011, 12:53 PM
I cant think of anybody who, with or without a 6th title, would say Kobe is equal to Jordan.

But that said, most every player has lost series late in their careers. Magic lost to the Bulls in the finals in 5 games. In 83, Bird, in his prime, with the Celtics got SWEPT by the Bucks, and still went on to win two more titles. Magic and the Lakers got swept by the 76ers and went on to still win three titles, and also lost 4-1 to the Rockets and still went on to win two more. Duncan and Robinson lost to the suns 3-1 in the first round to the Suns, then got swept by the Lakers, then lost 4-1 to LA, and then guess what. They won a title. And Duncan won two more still.

People make such a big deal about a series that goes 4-0. Championship teams have lost as badly. The Lakers could have easily won games 1 and 3 if a couple of bounces when one way or the other. It wasnt like they got blown out three striaght games. And lets face it: Dallas has a GREAT team! If Dallas and the Spurs and the Kings back in the day, and Phoenix for a long stretch over the last ten years, and the Hornets, and other such teams weren't all great, then it would mean nothing for the Lakers to win, or Boston to win. But the bottom line is the playoffs are interesting because Boston, Miami, Cleveland, Chicago, Detroit and other competative teams ARE GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN IT ALL!!!! Only one team can win each year, but that doesn't mean that the 5 or 6 other teams that were legit contenders dont have what it takes to win, it just means that that season somebody else is better.

Wizards Jordan is not as good as Kobe tight now, and of course Kobe's scoring average is going down because he's got a deeper team. Jordan's scoring average went down his last three seasons witht he Bulls, and continued to plumit in Washington, but he was still great. Bryants minutes have also gone down, but his steals, assists and rebounds are all very much near where they were over the last five seasons, and the same can be said of his percentages. In fact, if you look at Kobe's per-minute stats, THEY ARE ALL UP FROM LAST YEAR!

Now I am not even a Kobe fan, or a Lakers fan. I cant stand Kobe personally, I think he has some MAJOR personality flaws, but on the court as a player, he is amazing, and the Lakers, with the squad they have this year, will be contenders again next year. It is hard to make it to the finas four straight years, especially when you are playing a team like Dallas.

People overreact in the moment sometimes. In fact, they do it a lot. Trust me, Brian Williams (aka Bison Delay), Scott Williams, Robert Horry, James Posey, and many players have been given bigger contracts than they should have gotten because of a single good playoff performance. GMs do it as much as fans, but the bottom line is, Bird, and Magic, and Duncan, and Russell, and yes, Jordan (Orlando 4-2, and dont give me that the-bulls-werent-that-good-that-year, because that is EXACTLY why the lost), have all lost and went on to win multiple titles with the same core of players they lost with.

Seriously. Take the long view. Histroy will always see Kobe as the second best shooting guad in the history of the game until somebody better comes along, and that may never happen, and certainly won't happen anytime in the next ten years.

JasonJohnHorn
05-07-2011, 12:57 PM
He's on the decline - it's as clear as day. Also - the Lakers are finished. I'm old enough to remember when the Lakers were terrible. Have fun with the rebuild LA - it's coming.

Yeah, there's no way the Lakers could win with Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, Odom and Artest again. Its just like when Magic, Kareem, Worthy and company got swept by the 76ers. Time to rebuild because of one playoff series. It took them YEARS to get back to championship form, I mean, they only won three of the next five championships after that, and only went to the finals a half a dozen more times with Magic. Same with Duncan and Robinson, after they got knocked out by the Suns and Lakers, it took them years to win three more titles with Duncan. Or when Boston got swept by the Bucks. Time to trade Parish, Bird, Johnson and McHale. These guys are no winning ever again, well, maybe two or three more times.

:facepalm:

Hellcrooner
05-07-2011, 12:58 PM

yes its coming.

And this elimination ( if it happens) will be a belssing in disguise.

Bynum and Pau will get us a very nice value back.

Enoug to win again it all next year.

oak2455
05-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Really?

Totally agree would rather have that... than the Heat all crying midseason:eyebrow:

shep33
05-07-2011, 01:43 PM
He's still averaging 25+ at 48% shooting this series. He's gonna get the blame because he's the team's star, but he isn't the reason why they are losing.

Pau Gasol throughout the playoffs is averaging 13.4 ppg on 42% shooting. This postseason he's averaging almost 4 rebounds less than last postseason. I don't know if he's injured or what, but something is not right with him either physically or emotionally... this is the worst basketball he's played in his career.

Another thing to look at is bench play, that is really how Dallas is winning this series:

Game 1: Dallas' bench outscored LA's 40-25
Game 2: Dallas' bench outscored LA's 30-12
Game 3: the Lakers bench got outscored 42-15... thats ridiculous, Dallas is super deep, but it just shows how pathetic LA's bench is.

That comes out to Dallas' bench at a 112-52... that's a +60 advantage people.

Another thing, outside of Odom's game yesterday he was shooting 36% the first 2 games, still only at 42%.

Artest has given them nothing in 3 games. Didn't even play in game 3.

I understand that Kobe is going to get the blame because he's the star, but lets be real, if you look at whats going on, outside of Kobe and Bynum, nobody else is producing at any level offensively for this team.

TylerSL
05-07-2011, 01:53 PM
I dont see what is wrong with this, I dont see the Lakers win, but Kobe doesnt want to lose, I dont blame him. This is probably the Lakers last run with Phil and even with this team. I dont know what is going to happen to Pau in the offseason. This is really the last time this Lakers team could win and they are not coming back down 0-3. That said, I dont blame him for believing that it will be a storybook ending.

TylerSL
05-07-2011, 01:54 PM
He's still averaging 25+ at 48% shooting this series. He's gonna get the blame because he's the team's star, but he isn't the reason why they are losing.

Pau Gasol throughout the playoffs is averaging 13.4 ppg on 42% shooting. This postseason he's averaging almost 4 rebounds less than last postseason. I don't know if he's injured or what, but something is not right with him either physically or emotionally... this is the worst basketball he's played in his career.

Another thing to look at is bench play, that is really how Dallas is winning this series:

Game 1: Dallas' bench outscored LA's 40-25
Game 2: Dallas' bench outscored LA's 30-12
Game 3: the Lakers bench got outscored 42-15... thats ridiculous, Dallas is super deep, but it just shows how pathetic LA's bench is.

That comes out to Dallas' bench at a 112-52... that's a +60 advantage people.

Another thing, outside of Odom's game yesterday he was shooting 36% the first 2 games, still only at 42%.

Artest has given them nothing in 3 games. Didn't even play in game 3.

I understand that Kobe is going to get the blame because he's the star, but lets be real, if you look at whats going on, outside of Kobe and Bynum, nobody else is producing at any level offensively for this team.

this, I think the sole reason LA is down 0-3 is because bench differential

TylerSL
05-07-2011, 01:57 PM
^ Jason Terry is averaging 15.7 PPG off the bench and the entire LA bench is averaging 17.3. Jason Terry is almost averaging as many points as the entire LA bench.

TylerSL
05-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Totally agree would rather have that... than the Heat all crying midseason:eyebrow:

it shows that really care about what they are doing :shrug:

At least they werent crying about how its not fair, or about the refs. It was out of frustration of losing.

Kashmir13579
05-07-2011, 02:07 PM
i hope they get swept, Bryant demands a trade, and he falls off the map completely playing for - oh i don't know... The Bucks - or something.

gaughan333
05-07-2011, 02:10 PM
The amount of Laker fans that are downplaying this makes me laugh. It may be one playoff series, but this team is old and getting older. They will also have to compete against the young teams in the west making their road even harder.

gaughan333
05-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Dude I think you're delirious, Jordan never played with the type of talent lebron and wade are playin with now??????? Stupidest thing I've ever heard, you make dnewguy look smart! Jordan had hall of famers on his team idiot. Lebron and wade are better than Kobe?? So they are top 10 all time ahead of Kobe? Because you said Kobe is top 10 all time. Lebron took scrubs to the finals?? Ya they were pretty scrubby but about a 100 times better then the scrubs Kobe played with after shaq left, oh then lebron got swept idiot!!! Damn I don't ever remember Kobe getting swept. And for the record I know Kobe can't touch Jordan, and yes I know lebron is better than Kobe right now, key word right now. Kobes career>>>>>>>>>lebrons career

Damn man, haters gonna hate. Haters gonna hate hard son!!
Are you like 12?

BigCityofDreams
05-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Why? Because the Lakers lost 3 games in a row? For Christ's sake, it's 3 games. I hate how everybody overblows everything that happens in the playoffs. I dislike the Lakers, but stop with this garbage.

Unfortunately he won't be the only one. I can already hear the Kobe isn't Jordan talk. I'll never understand the dislike ppl have for him in terms of his performance on the court. If you don't like him because he can be immature and arrogant but how can anyone deny what he has done on the court. Mark my words when the Lakers get bounced you will hear well we can no longer compare him to Jordan :facepalm: Folks Kobe legacy is set in stone. Everything he does from now now just adds to it. Losing is not going to take that away.

BigCityofDreams
05-07-2011, 02:27 PM

name them

BigCityofDreams
05-07-2011, 02:37 PM
The amount of Laker fans that are downplaying this makes me laugh. It may be one playoff series, but this team is old and getting older. They will also have to compete against the young teams in the west making their road even harder.

True they have things they have to fix there is no question about that. The bench and pg position need to be upgraded but at the same time ppl are making it seem like they're going to become one of the worst teams in the league.

uprightciti
05-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Kobe should split from la

krest213
05-07-2011, 03:06 PM
you know what's worse
is that yo guys making excuses for grown man

nickdymez
05-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Don't agree with everything here but Kobes been declining for some time now...

Show me proof

Supreme LA
05-07-2011, 03:24 PM
you know what's worse
is that yo guys making excuses for grown man

Who is making excuses? I haven't seen any. The question was do you think Kobe was delirious in his post game interview. I don't see how anybody can hate on him for that. The guy has ultimate confidence in his team and his abilities and you can't help but respect that. He didn't get where he is today by bowing his head and giving up.

What would you guys want from your own favorite team's star player?

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-07-2011, 05:52 PM
i hope they get swept, Bryant demands a trade, and he falls off the map completely playing for - oh i don't know... The Bucks - or something.

Right! Or even worse, the Knicks. Talk about NBA purgatory

ne3xchamps
05-07-2011, 06:43 PM

man, you have a big old bottle of that haterade huh?? :laugh: kobe is not leaving LA, so find a different way to hate on him.

TylerSL
05-07-2011, 06:50 PM
man, you have a big old bottle of that haterade huh?? :laugh: kobe is not leaving LA, so find a different way to hate on him.

this, Kobe is the type of player you cant see leaving his team. Kobe will always be a Laker, like Duncan will always be a Spur, like Paul Peirce will always be a Celtic, Wade with the Heat, or even Dirk in Dallas. It would just be a shame to see any of them in another uniform.

jockrider
05-07-2011, 07:18 PM
this, Kobe is the type of player you cant see leaving his team. Kobe will always be a Laker, like Duncan will always be a Spur, like Paul Peirce will always be a Celtic, Wade with the Heat, or even Dirk in Dallas. It would just be a shame to see any of them in another uniform.

except when the going gets tough and thus demands a trade that later he was talked out of.

CowboysKB24
05-07-2011, 07:22 PM

He is angry. He is trying to stay positive. He is on the decline, that is not new news. Stop comparing Kobe to Jordan. Jordan is Jordan. Kobe is Kobe.

Gasol is the biggest reason why the Lakers are playing so bad. They need him to play at a high level to win. Kobe is not losing the series himself.

You are just hating on Kobe. Magic had greats on his squad, better players then Kobe. The comparison between Kobe and Magic is close, but Kobe has the edge IMO.

CowboysKB24
05-07-2011, 07:24 PM
except when the going gets tough and thus demands a trade that later he was talked out of.

He wanted to get traded because for three year the Lakers were a 7th seed. His side kick was Odom with Kwame Brown, Luke Walton, and Smush Parker. I'd be pissed too. The bottom line is he stayed and won two more rings, two finals MVP, and a regular season MVP.

It's crazy how much hate there is on Kobe. His career was spectacular, one of the greatest in the history. He is a definite top 10 of all time. Top 5 in a lot of people's mind. Give him some appreciation. That is what he deserves. You can't win every year, Lakers just won back to back rings.

KnicksR4Real
05-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Wtf?

Anilyzer
05-07-2011, 07:53 PM

Knicks 1972. *wheeeeeee*

Kashmir13579
05-07-2011, 08:47 PM
Right! Or even worse, the Knicks. Talk about NBA purgatory
tell me about it.

people either love him or hate him. thats the way it is.

NBAfan4life
05-07-2011, 09:09 PM
So you guys all understand something at this point Kobe and Mike have played about the same Minutes for their careers. Wear and tear happens guys get used to it. We all remember how Mike was playing at this point in career minutes.