PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Poll: Which team is most likely to come back from an 0-2 Deficit?

D Roses Bulls
05-06-2011, 01:35 AM
Pretty self explanatory......

Laker? or Boston?

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/polls

Sadds The Gr8
05-06-2011, 01:39 AM
Lakers. Celtics have the refs against them, and they're old as all hell.

Chi StateOfMind
05-06-2011, 02:07 AM
Tough one but I think the Lakers have a better shot. Miami is just clicking right now and look pretty tough to beat.

gotoHcarolina52
05-06-2011, 02:32 AM
Lakers have communication, trust, and personality problems. Those are going to be difficult to overcome--especially on the road. Celtics could make a run at home and tie the series at 2 games a piece.

Avenged
05-06-2011, 03:31 AM
This one is tough.

The Lakers are a better road team than home, and you can't count them out in any scenario.

The Celtics have the next 2 at home..

50/50 but I'll go with Celtics simply because their next 2 games are at home.

thenaj17
05-06-2011, 06:03 AM
I'm hoping Lakers for sure but don't think either will do it. Voted Lakers because Heat don't look like being beaten at the moment as they have been so dominant whereas Mavs stole game 1 and 3 point shooting was the only difference in game 2. Heat and Mavs homing in on finals though!

eugene
05-06-2011, 06:07 AM
This!

This one is tough.

The Lakers are a better road team than home, and you can't count them out in any scenario.

The Celtics have the next 2 at home..

50/50 but I'll go with Celtics simply because their next 2 games are at home.

magichatnumber9
05-06-2011, 06:37 AM
Atlanta Hawks

ragee
05-06-2011, 06:55 AM
I voted the Celtics because at least they the losses they got were at the road... They still have a chance to even the series at home were they are really good at...

Antipod
05-06-2011, 07:36 AM
I think that both of them will win games 3...and on the entire series, i go with Celtics

SteBO
05-06-2011, 08:17 AM
I'll go with Boston only because their next two are at home. The Lakers can still win their series, but it's tougher since it's on the road.

Spencesc11
05-06-2011, 08:41 AM
It's the Lakers easily. A game 3 on the road at Dallas will get the Mavericks questioning themselves and they are the more talented team to begin with. So if Kobe, Pau, and Bynum all play strong they could even this series up pretty easily.

The Celtics are banged up and they don't trust their defensive rotations. It's not that Kendrick Perkins was that valuable but they're not used to playing with Jermaine O'Neil as the back line of defense. I would start Glen Davis if I were them and give him 30+ minutes as it would probably give them more of a spark.

dnewguy
05-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Went with Boston, I don't see why people are acting Like Miami beat them down. They tied the game at 80 and could have easily won game 2 if things went their way. They could win the next 2 games at home and steal game 5, something we can't say about the Lakers.

mttwlsn16
05-06-2011, 09:01 AM
C's have no chance

hugepatsfan
05-06-2011, 09:03 AM
I say the Lakers. I know they lost their 2 at home while BOS still has home games to play, but BOS is just being so badly outclassed right now. They can't score for ****.

KnicksorBust
05-06-2011, 09:06 AM
The issue of home court is the only thing that makes this close.

JordansBulls
05-06-2011, 09:13 AM
Boston because there next few games are at home.

m26555
05-06-2011, 09:15 AM
The Celtics, as they haven't lost a game at home yet. That said, I think they'll both come back and win their series.

WeBallin
05-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Lakers. Celtics have the refs against them, and they're old as all hell.

Funny thats the same feelin i have bout LA......lol people should not be Blinded with Kobe Blockers, He's declinin an now he pointin the finger, were do champions do that at??

RaidersLakers24
05-06-2011, 09:51 AM
For the sake of me and my heart I hope it's the lakers and I have always felt confident about them but I'm feeling Boston on this one!
But hopefully it is the lakers who come out on top!
I'm expecting the worst but hoping for the best! GO LAKERS! 3-peat!!

samevans7
05-06-2011, 10:28 AM
i want to know why people are saying trading Perkins was bad for Boston?

We got Jeff Green to guard LeBron. The Heat centers are averaging 3.8ppg in these playoffs. What good would Perkins do there?

And Delonte has been playing fine, so the whole losing Nate Robinson thing aint too big either.

And the C's were close with the Heat for most of game two, and with Ray, Jermaine, and Big Baby shooting poorly, we didnt so well.

And also, Shaq is coming soon too.

Celtics should be fine if Ray can score.

jezzyman05
05-06-2011, 10:34 AM
Im going with Boston

todu82
05-06-2011, 10:35 AM
The Celtics.

Baller1
05-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Boston with their next games at home.

TheRunKiller
05-06-2011, 11:04 AM
I'll go with Boston only because their next two are at home. The Lakers can still win their series, but it's tougher since it's on the road.

this

ohreally
05-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Boston.

Cubs Win
05-06-2011, 11:36 AM
I say Lakers by a slight margin. I still see them as a better team than the Mavs and I think it was Kobe who said something like, "We just need to win 2 straight," referring to the road games in Dallas. That's a good mentality to have IMO. The Celtics also have a decent shot at a comeback though. If they can pull out 2 straight at home, they'll have the momentum heading back to Miami.

SpeeMN
05-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Boston lost on the road, they were supposed to lose, they're the lower seed. They can still win, and they will.

Lakers lost at home, they are the higher seed, if they had lost one home game they lose the advantage. But they lost both home games! and Bynum opened him idiot mouth! Lakers are done.

kingkenny01
05-06-2011, 12:35 PM
neither, 94% percent of the time the team down loses, but if i had to pick one it is easily the lakers

koreancabbage
05-06-2011, 12:56 PM
The Celtics, as they haven't lost a game at home yet. That said, I think they'll both come back and win their series.

come on, they played against the Knicks.

good one-on-one players against one of the best team defenses. best team defences always wins out.

king4day
05-06-2011, 12:57 PM
I'd say Lakers simply because of Kobe.
Refs aren't an excuse. Refs aren't making Boston look slow.
If it's small things like a bad foul call at the end of the game that cost your team, then yea. But not when you get beat pretty good both games.

No excuses for either. They are playing better teams.

Yanks All Day
05-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Lakers. I don't care about home court advantage with these teams. We have seen that LeBron and Wade can both dominate games on the road, the Heat are playing the best ball of anyone in the playoffs, and the C's age is showing. They flat out can't keep up with the Heat in transition, especially with Rondo completely locked down. I'm also not sold on the Mavs until they close a playoff series. I do expect the C's to take 1 of 2 at home, but lose the 5th in Miami. Still think the Lakers-Mavs series goes 6 or 7.

ChicagoRox
05-06-2011, 01:02 PM
I voted Celtics cause they got 2 at home, But in reality, I don't see either team coming back. The Heat are just outclassing the Celts. Even though I think Kobe is a great player, there's just too much going on in that lockerroom for them to get it together. I know the Mavs have choked in the past but after gaining confidence in game 1. They aren't going to choke this time. But who the hell knows, it's the NBA where anything can happen.

theheatles
05-06-2011, 01:31 PM
i'm going with lakers because if it goes 7 (and either series will likely go 7 if either team does comeback) , game 7 is in LA

TylerSL
05-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Boston because they have the next 2 games at home, while LA has to go into Dallas and win the next 2 because I doubt either one of them can come back if they go down 3-0 or even 3-1..

SoxBearsBulls!
05-06-2011, 01:46 PM
The Lakers, gotta go with the champs til they are officially done...Boston can tie their series but Miami´s got the home court advantage.

justOmazing
05-06-2011, 01:48 PM
Celtics. simply because they still haven't played at home.

justOmazing
05-06-2011, 01:54 PM
The Lakers, gotta go with the champs til they are officially done...Boston can tie their series but Miami´s got the home court advantage.

Mavs have home court advantage now.

AIRMAR72
05-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Lakers have communication, trust, and personality problems. Those are going to be difficult to overcome--especially on the road. Celtics could make a run at home and tie the series at 2 games a piece.

i agree plus boston CARE for each other as friends and play D futhermore their battle tested and proven having these days off should help boston its going 7 games because of boston team 1st attitude and defense..they sure could use tony allen and perkins but the guys they have now should do da job

DamnGoat
05-06-2011, 01:56 PM
I'm gonna say Boston. They at least have a chance to get back into it with home games. The Lakers look done to me, but I guess anything's possible.

Tony_Starks
05-06-2011, 02:05 PM
Lakers. Lakers actually focus better on the road and they have the pieces to win. They were up on Dallas by 16 already in game 1.

Boston on the other hand is looking incredibly old. Homecourt is not going to change Miami's athleticism and Bostons lack of it.....

SportsFanatic10
05-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Lakers. Lakers actually focus better on the road and they have the pieces to win. They were up on Dallas by 16 already in game 1.

Boston on the other hand is looking incredibly old. Homecourt is not going to change Miami's athleticism and Bostons lack of it.....

this

the lakers still have a good young front court and kobe while boston has rondo and older guys. their execution is a bit scary though when they get it together in the halfcourt but miami so far is just too quick for them.

marlinsfan24
05-06-2011, 02:14 PM
I'd say Lakers simply because of Kobe.
Refs aren't an excuse. Refs aren't making Boston look slow.
If it's small things like a bad foul call at the end of the game that cost your team, then yea. But not when you get beat pretty good both games.

No excuses for either. They are playing better teams.

This.

Although the Heat haven't proved anything until they can beat Boston in Boston.

heathonater
05-06-2011, 02:20 PM
boston has a better shot right now in making a comeback in their series. you cant lose 2 in a row at home to start a series and expect to make a comeback. at least boston lost on the road and could take two at home. however, la has played worst on the road in the playoffs over the last few years, and they'll need to take both games at dallas to have a real shot.

JordansBulls
05-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Mavs have home court advantage now.

no they don't, they have home games, but the Lakers have HCA for the series.