PDA

View Full Version : ricky rubio/kyrie irving

smith&wesson
05-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Question, if your David Khan and you do land the first pick in the lottery do you pick Kyrie irving because he is the best talent available or do you pick someone else because you have Ricky Rubio coming. (if he does infact come)

can i get a poll in this pls ??? i dont know how to do this.

hawkeye i already know your answer my man :p this thread is dedicated to you.

GiantsFan2000
05-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Question, if your David Khan and you do land the first pick in the lottery do you pick Kyrie irving because he is the best talent available or do you pick someone else because you have Ricky Rubio coming. (if he does infact come)

i wld keep both, get rid of flynn

i wld play them like denver plays their pgs

at the end of the year, i would decide who is a better fit( probably irving caus word is that rubio doessnt even want to be in minni), and trade the other one for a shooting guard, or a center

hugepatsfan
05-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Most of the top players in this draft are PGs or PFs, so MIN is kind of ****ed. I'd look for them to try and trade their pick for a young player.

dwadefan03
05-05-2011, 08:48 PM
i would trade the pick, this years class isnt very good

mttwlsn16
05-05-2011, 08:50 PM
take irving and trade rubio. he seems to be all whiny about going to minny anyways, and im sure they could net another 1st rd pick in exchange for him

Krzyzewskiville
05-05-2011, 08:52 PM
Would any minnesota fans accept Landry fields and our number 1 pick which i believe is 17 or so for there pick?

FriedTofuz
05-05-2011, 08:53 PM
If Kahn lives up to his expectations and does get Rubio to finally sign with the timberwolves in the nba, Draft Kyrie Irving. Why Irving, one may ask? When your the worst team in the league, you take the best player available. Potentially, Kahn can trade Irving in a deal that could bring in another Piece to add to the Timberwolves Core. One may ask, Why trade Kyrie?
You trade Kyrie if your happy with Rubio being your point guard of the future/longterm.
Trade Irving For a piece that can help the timberwolves at another position that needs improvement.

hgtiger32
05-05-2011, 08:56 PM
draft irving, trade rubio to the clippers for deandre jordan, idk thought id make a crazy idea

Bulls_fan90
05-05-2011, 09:04 PM
Would any minnesota fans accept Landry fields and our number 1 pick which i believe is 17 or so for there pick?

:laugh:

JWO35
05-05-2011, 09:07 PM
By their GM judgement, there's a 80% chance they will swap the #1 pick for the 25th Pick

Slimsim
05-05-2011, 09:14 PM
1 Draft Irving if possible
2 Trade love and rubio to orlando for howard

idrinkpepsi
05-05-2011, 09:15 PM
Trade the pick, they could get a lot in return and besides its a weak class.

TomTerrific
05-05-2011, 09:16 PM
1 Draft Irving if possible
2 Trade love and rubio to orlando for howard

No...

SpeeMN
05-05-2011, 09:21 PM
My sig

FriedTofuz
05-05-2011, 09:24 PM

I Dont think that will be a fair value for kyrie Irving. Irvings potential is projected to be as good as chris paul. Fields has been solid and a steal for the knicks, but that trade wouldnt help the timberwolves.

John Walls Era
05-05-2011, 09:27 PM
Id take the C from Europe ( not kanter ). Irving isnt as dominant as the other top PGs in years past, Rubio is better.

CityofChaos
05-05-2011, 09:28 PM
I would not pass up Kyle Irving and I wouldnt care if Rubio is on his way in

John Walls Era
05-05-2011, 09:30 PM
draft irving, trade rubio to the clippers for deandre jordan, idk thought id make a crazy idea

And you call yourself BS 2.0? Thats a terrible trade. Jordan is still really raw.

FriedTofuz
05-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Id take the C from Europe ( not kanter ). Irving isnt as dominant as the other top PGs in years past, Rubio is better.

Kyrie Irving is the best player of the draft, why not take him , if hes available?

SluggeR
05-05-2011, 09:31 PM
Personally I think Irving fits the triangle better than Rubio does. From what I have seen of the two anyway.

John Walls Era
05-05-2011, 09:31 PM
Kyrie Irving is the best player of the draft, why not take him , if hes available?

Cuz Rubio is better and its best not to piss him off by drafting ANOTHER PG. Trade down and draft a center.

FriedTofuz
05-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Cuz Rubio is better and its best not to piss him off by drafting ANOTHER PG. Trade down and draft a center.

Rubio needs to develop some maturity, but the timberwolves would be missing out if they didnt draft irving. Im sure they can convince Rubio, that they will draft Irving, and trade him for a better piece to add to the timberwolves core.

Master Mind
05-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Irving is the real deal...The string of dominant PGs continues

Hellcrooner
05-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Offer The first pick and Beasley for Marc Gasol. Randolph for Rudy F.

that ENSUREs rubio signing.

THE MTL
05-05-2011, 09:53 PM
I would draft Kyrie Irving and trade Rubio. Rubio has regressed in Euro this season and I would say Irving has a higher ceiling.

However, knowing the Wolves (Flynn-Rubio-Ridnour) in one offseason would just keep them both lol.

Master Mind
05-05-2011, 09:53 PM

:confused:

KnicksR4Real
05-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Come to NY Ricky!

Master Mind
05-05-2011, 10:01 PM
Come to NY Ricky!

Nice sig bro!

smith&wesson
05-05-2011, 10:14 PM

this thread is about irving, would you take him if you have rubio.

randolph for rudy f?

smith&wesson
05-05-2011, 10:15 PM
I would draft Kyrie Irving and trade Rubio. Rubio has regressed in Euro this season and I would say Irving has a higher ceiling.

However, knowing the Wolves (Flynn-Rubio-Ridnour) in one offseason would just keep them both lol.

yup

IndiansFan337
05-05-2011, 10:26 PM

You definitely take Irving. Rubio can't shoot at all. If he doesn't develop a J, he can handle and pass like Rondo, but shoots even worse, can't finish at the rim, and would be miles behind Rondo in terms of defense. Irving can be a quicker, more athletic Raymond Felton.

Hawkeye15
05-05-2011, 10:28 PM
You definitely take Irving. Rubio can't shoot at all. If he doesn't develop a J, he can handle and pass like Rondo, but shoots even worse, can't finish at the rim, and would be miles behind Rondo in terms of defense. Irving can be a quicker, more athletic Raymond Felton.

Rubio's defense isn't behind Rondo dude. Its one of his strengths.

Hustlenomics
05-05-2011, 10:32 PM
you definitely take irving. Rubio can't shoot at all. If he doesn't develop a j, he can handle and pass like rondo, but shoots even worse, can't finish at the rim, and would be miles behind rondo in terms of defense. Irving can be a quicker, more athletic raymond felton.

+ 1

believeinNYK
05-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Keep both and see which one fits in better, around trade deadline or next offseason trade one for another lottery pick or a starting caliber 2guard or center

THE MTL
05-05-2011, 10:56 PM
Seriously, if the Wolves actually do get lucky enough for Irving. I think they should really trade Rubio. He isnt going to be "Steve Nash" once he puts on a uniform. He is going to take time to adjust and he also has some real weaknesses to his game. I can see him disappointing alot of people actually and his trade value will probably fall along with it.

smith&wesson
05-05-2011, 11:09 PM
Seriously, if the Wolves actually do get lucky enough for Irving. I think they should really trade Rubio. He isnt going to be "Steve Nash" once he puts on a uniform. He is going to take time to adjust and he also has some real weaknesses to his game. I can see him disappointing alot of people actually and his trade value will probably fall along with it.

dont they have the best chance at landing the first pick ?

MrfadeawayJB
05-05-2011, 11:12 PM
I would draft Irving, because if you draft Williams, thats like getting beasley 2.0. If you draft Sullinger you get k-love 2.0. Just get irving, then keep or trade him

mttwlsn16
05-05-2011, 11:22 PM

nooooooooooooo lol :mad::mad::mad:

Sly Guy
05-06-2011, 09:51 AM
trade down in the draft. Between drafting flynn, rubio, and lawson, minny has seen enough talented youngsters come draft day, it's time they pick a horse and run with it. You can't simultaneously develop so many players at one position with because there's not enough minutes for them.

Besides, with a weak draft class teams will want to trade up to get value for their pick, so I'm convinced there's a deal to be had. Teams like the Raptors or the Cavs are desperate for a point guard, so shop the pick, see if you can fill any other holes in your roster.

king4day
05-06-2011, 10:15 AM
It's clear that Rubio isn't keen on Minny. He is only considering coming this year because he sees what talent they currently have. But if they falter, he'll be the first one that wants out. So if I'm Minny, I pick Irving and trade Rubio's rights, knowing you'll get a solid return to help your team.

Added the poll

samevans7
05-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Ricky Rubio has almost no trade value.

Flynn would be smarter to move

jezzyman05
05-06-2011, 10:41 AM
Draft Irving and trade Rubio to the Spurs, he'll be a Star here since he is Spanish.

If Minny traded Rubio to the Spurs he will play no question, it's perfect for him good weather 75% of the population speaks Spanish, big big spanish market here, the future Spurs Point Guard is Spainsh --bigger than Manu and he is the most popular player in spurs history, imagine Rubio :)

badkins1121
05-06-2011, 10:49 AM
dont they have the best chance at landing the first pick ?

Yeah but its still only a 25% chance and the Wolves have the WORST luck in the draft, we have never even had a top 2 pick lol. And since 1990 only 3 teams that had the worst record actually got the 1st pick. So the Wolves will get the 3rd or 4th pick anyway. We have the best odds to get the 4th pick (35.7%)

jezzyman05
05-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Rubio needs to develop some maturity, but the timberwolves would be missing out if they didnt draft irving. Im sure they can convince Rubio, that they will draft Irving, and trade him for a better piece to add to the timberwolves core.

What better place for Rubio then the Spurs, he wants to go to a place where they speak Spanish.....you can't get better than San Antonio

Tarheels23
05-06-2011, 11:10 AM
I hate the Blue Devils but you take Irving and trade Rubio (hope to get a legit Center)

nycericanguy
05-06-2011, 11:35 AM

lol true... Rubio already seems lukewarm at best about going to MIN. He saw MIN draft 3 pg's and then sign a 4th in Sessions and then a 5th the next year in Ridnour!!...lol. All while somehow managing to miss out on the two best PG's in that draft who went later in the 1st round. (Lawson & Collison)

If they take another PG he might not come.

WSU Tony
05-06-2011, 11:36 AM
If Kahn lives up to his expectations and does get Rubio to finally sign with the timberwolves in the nba, Draft Kyrie Irving. Why Irving, one may ask? When your the worst team in the league, you take the best player available. Potentially, Kahn can trade Irving in a deal that could bring in another Piece to add to the Timberwolves Core. One may ask, Why trade Kyrie?
You trade Kyrie if your happy with Rubio being your point guard of the future/longterm.
Trade Irving For a piece that can help the timberwolves at another position that needs improvement.

You, my friend, are in the upper 1% of PSD NBA posters. Seriously, most people on here are so frustrating trying to carry on a conversation with because their minds are so one dimentional.

Thanks for being logical.

EVERYONE ELSE, READ THIS POST.

KingPosey
05-06-2011, 11:40 AM
I am not impressed with Rubio AT ALL from what I have seen. What a waste of a pick. He might not ever come, and if he does manage to fit his Euro Ego onto the plane, he wont be anything special. He is a less athletic Luke Ridnor with better defense. Book that.

Hawkeye15
05-06-2011, 12:17 PM
The Wolves won't get the #1 pick anyways. They have never moved up in the draft, and get continually screwed when positioned for a high pick. So this is a mute point. Since this is considered a 2 player draft (Irving, Williams), the Wolves will pick 3rd.

The Wolves will never get the #1 pick. And until they do, I don't even care to argue or debate a question like this, outside of saying, when you have 17 wins, you ALWAYS take best available and ask questions later.

WSU Tony
05-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Lebron in Cleveland
Rose in Chicago
Griffin in LA

Stern is doing his best to grow his business....

alencp3
05-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Rubio
Wesley
Beasley
Love
Kanter

Hawkeye15
05-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Lebron in Cleveland
Rose in Chicago
Griffin in LA

Stern is doing his best to grow his business....

good news? None of the major markets are in the lottery...

Lil Half Dead
05-06-2011, 01:47 PM
I'd roll with Kanter if I was Kahn and I had the top pick. Love and Kanter would be dirty.

Blazers#1Fan
05-06-2011, 02:01 PM
1st miller/Rudy Fernandez for Irving

Camby/Oden/LA
LA/Camby
Wallace/Batum
Matthews/Roy/Williams
Irving/Roy/Johnson/Mills/Williams

alencp3
05-06-2011, 02:14 PM
1st + LA for Irving

fixed

smith&wesson
05-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Yeah but its still only a 25% chance and the Wolves have the WORST luck in the draft, we have never even had a top 2 pick lol. And since 1990 only 3 teams that had the worst record actually got the 1st pick. So the Wolves will get the 3rd or 4th pick anyway. We have the best odds to get the 4th pick (35.7%)

i think this is the year for you guys .. honestly i do.

smith&wesson
05-06-2011, 02:23 PM
thanks to who ever put up that poll for me. apreciate it.

Hellcrooner
05-06-2011, 02:25 PM
after the conflictive reports from today dont be too stranged if that Draft pick from wolves + other players end up in Lakers.

gilly
05-06-2011, 02:46 PM
All while somehow managing to miss out on the two best PG's in that draft who went later in the 1st round. (Lawson & Collison)

Holiday > Collison

SpeeMN
05-06-2011, 03:11 PM
We can't trade the number one pick if we get it. Our 1st pick next year is going to the Clippers. Can't trade your first rounder in consecutive years. or so i think

Lil Half Dead
05-06-2011, 03:25 PM
Holiday > Collison

Yeah it's easily Jrue for me as well.

Sly Guy
05-06-2011, 03:44 PM
We can't trade the number one pick if we get it. Our 1st pick next year is going to the Clippers. Can't trade your first rounder in consecutive years. or so i think

no, but a draft-day deal is still a possibility. A team wanting irving could say to minny management, we'll offer you this package if you draft him and trade him to them.

HT9Canada
05-06-2011, 03:47 PM
I think they need to pick either or. If you select Irving #1 you trade rubio. If you are confident with rubio going forward you trade the number one pick.

If they let them both play they will lose value on one of them forsure. There value is extremely high and after they decide who they want going forward, they trade the other one before the start of the season.

If they want to stick with rubio, they COULD trade #1 pick to toronto for their pick and a player. (calderon if they want to ease the transition for rubio) Then you draft a center with torontos pick (kanter or one of the others)

If they select irving, you trade rubio for as much as you can. Hes still got value. Then you use Ridnour or Flynn as his back-up. (probably ridnour who would fit better in that role and then trade flynn)

The t-wolves have some great young building blocks in k-love, wes johnson and the PG they choose. With a couple good trades, they can pick up a good young C (a la Deandre Jordan) and a couple vets to help this team and this year or next, this team makes the playoffs if they improve and gel together.

Blazers#1Fan
05-06-2011, 04:40 PM
fixed

Crack isn't a good drug I suggest you stop smoking it

VikesTwinsWolve
05-11-2011, 07:42 PM
lol true... Rubio already seems lukewarm at best about going to MIN. He saw MIN draft 3 pg's and then sign a 4th in Sessions and then a 5th the next year in Ridnour!!...lol. All while somehow managing to miss out on the two best PG's in that draft who went later in the 1st round. (Lawson & Collison)

If they take another PG he might not come.

Lol great post! Although I'm sure Rubio was hardly upset about having to beat out the likes of Sessions,Flynn,Ridnour, and Lawson. I'm not counting the stupidiy of drafting and tradeing Lawson. :facepalm: