PDA

View Full Version : Is Shaq's Career Over?

GiantsFan2000
05-05-2011, 07:37 PM
he said that he wants to play until he is 40, but with all these injuries, and the looming lockout, do you think he will come back after this season?

and if he doesnt, will you miss him?

One of the top 5 centers of All-time, probably somewhere in the top 10 Greatest Players of all time. 4 time champion, 3 time Fnals MVP, 1 League Mvp

i will miss him, i used to hate him when he was on LA, but who hasnt hated LA? LOL

is there anything left in his tank? i doubt he plays more than 15 minutes per game when he plays in the Heat series, if he plays. i dont know how effective he can be, and i wouldnt advise starting him with the likes of Illgalskus out there who is a jump shooter, and shaq probably isnt he best guy to guard him. Maybe he can play in the 2nd unit, provide a little scoring punch when most of the fantastic four are out.

i dont know if he can come back next year, even if he did, he probably would only play around 40 games. i know this isnt the way he wants to go out, i would have liked to see him be impactful and win another ring before he goes to even further cement his legacy as one, if not the most dominant big man in the history of the game

Shaquille O'neal, Shaq Diesel, The Big cactus, the big shamrock, the green monster, Nostradamus

he probably has been the most entertaining player in sports in recent memory

he and kobe combined for one of the greatest big man, little man combos in the history of the game. too bad it ended too short, they could have won a few more championships is they got along

I gained alot more respect for him in his old age, like i did when farve was near retirement. hes one of those players you want to see play forever you know? hes played against the best of the best, and dominated, he was unguardable in his prime. a superstar among superstars

he had rivals: Tim Duncan, Kobe. he was "the man" for his entire career prior to joining Miami

i hope he comes back for 1 more season, and wins 1 more ring

how about you guys?

blahblahyoutoo
05-05-2011, 07:44 PM
this thread is about 2 years late.
should've been created when he was in phoenix.

ShiroRX
05-05-2011, 07:46 PM
his career was over after we dumped him. the 2006 championship should've been his last year, but Shaq doesn't know when to quit. It would've been the perfect cherry for his career. He could've been on TNT by now showing Charles how to really be obnoxious.

GiantsFan2000
05-05-2011, 07:46 PM
this thread is about 2 years late.
should've been created when he was in phoenix.

oh come on now,lmao, he was still serviceable, just not a 70games per year player

MrfadeawayJB
05-05-2011, 07:53 PM
I think so... :(

SportsFanatic10
05-05-2011, 07:56 PM
his career should be over. i mean for a guy that big to try and play so long is too difficult its not like he can be grant hill when hes so tall and heavy. its hard to watch a guy who was so dominate play too long and become a shadow of what he was.

Geargo Wallace
05-05-2011, 08:05 PM
He wants the $$$ so he'll stick around I think/hope. We will miss him when he's gone, with that said, he'll be around even when he retires from the game. He's too big of a personality not to stick around.

Lakerhead4ever
05-05-2011, 08:06 PM
his career been over once he left the heat.

now he injuring his self for no reason, boston should have known better!!!!

what made them have faith in shaq? like really. he was bad with the sun, cavs, and now them. and they traded perk? and JO is their starting 5 center?

Boston should have known better, the team did not deserve that

ShiroRX
05-05-2011, 08:08 PM
He's gonna settle into a nice annoying commentator career. We'll be blessed with his wisdom for a while.

KingPosey
05-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Shaq's career was over after Phoenix. But he can still get picked up by teams for a few more years.

AKAYaReal
05-05-2011, 08:15 PM
The last man standing of the last era of the great centers of the 90's! With that said I felt for a while he should have retired when he was still somewhat at the top of his game. To me, him still playing is like when Jordan came back to play for the Wizards.

Shaq leaving the court doesnt mean he's leaving the game. I can see him sitting up there on TNT every Thursday with Chuck & Kenny.

Chi StateOfMind
Yes it's over. Sorry great guy and player but its time to hang up those 24' size shoes or whatever it is.

ShiroRX
The last man standing of the last era of the great centers of the 90's! With that said I felt for a while he should have retired when he was still somewhat at the top of his game. To me, him still playing is like when Jordan came back to play for the Wizards.

Shaq leaving the court doesnt mean he's leaving the game. I can see him sitting up there on TNT every Thursday with Chuck & Kenny.

It's gonna be intolerable on TNT. Ernie Smith is gonna jump out the window.

GiantsFan2000
05-05-2011, 08:20 PM
He wants the $$$ so he'll stick around I think/hope. We will miss him when he's gone, with that said, he'll be around even when he retires from the game. He's too big of a personality not to stick around.

espn or tnt will be sure to pick him up

he already says he wants to replace kenny smith on tnt,lol

hugepatsfan
05-05-2011, 08:30 PM
his career been over once he left the heat.

now he injuring his self for no reason, boston should have known better!!!!

what made them have faith in shaq? like really. he was bad with the sun, cavs, and now them. and they traded perk? and JO is their starting 5 center?

Boston should have known better, the team did not deserve that

Where did this perception that JO is a scrub come from? This is a guy that got the full MLE for 2 years because that's what it was going to take. DAL wanted him to be their starting C next to Dirk. He is a VERY good defensive player and he's not a horrible rebounder.

GiantsFan2000
05-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Where did this perception that JO is a scrub come from? This is a guy that got the full MLE for 2 years because that's what it was going to take. DAL wanted him to be their starting C next to Dirk. He is a VERY good defensive player and he's not a horrible rebounder.

he is also a good low post scorer with his low post jumpshot

i wld start him

Mishmin
05-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Celtics got him a year late, would've closed it out last year if they had him.

dnewguy
05-05-2011, 08:36 PM
Can't be more happy that Doc will have him play in a must-win game for the Celtics, it'll be 5 on 4 on offense for us.

Lakerhead4ever
05-05-2011, 08:42 PM

im just saying bro. u guys went from perk to JO. imo, JO is better all around but chemistry wise, perk was the better fit, and he intimidated alot of ppl.

even though i hate the celtics i have the most respect for the franchise, and to see u guys mess up ur whole roster was disappointing. JO is not going to be able to hang with the better centers. and shaq is on and off. idk

Lakerhead4ever
05-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Can't be more happy that Doc will have him play in a must-win game for the Celtics, it'll be 5 on 4 on offense for us.

wouldnt be too happy if i were u, if the got him playing its because hes ready to go, not because their in desperate need of him playing.

Beside, theres not alot of centers in the league that would be able to keep up with the heats speeds anyways, so theres really no difference. once u guys are on a fast break its pretty much 2 pts

dnewguy
05-05-2011, 08:46 PM
im just saying bro. u guys went from perk to JO. imo, JO is better all around but chemistry wise, perk was the better fit, and he intimidated alot of ppl.

even though i hate the celtics i have the most respect for the franchise, and to see u guys mess up ur whole roster was disappointing. JO is not going to be able to hang with the better centers. and shaq is on and off. idk

When was the last time you watched JO? I'll take Darko over JO at this point.

ShiroRX
05-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Lets be real, Perk would've gotten shut down by The Warden too. We chant MVP when he goes to the stripe for a reason.

Lakerhead4ever
05-05-2011, 08:51 PM
When was the last time you watched JO? I'll take Darko over JO at this point.

im saying hes better than perk all around.

but he cant match the intensity perk had, and the toughness. thats what celtic basketball is all about.

mttwlsn16
05-05-2011, 08:54 PM
id LOVE to see one more year of healthy, fun, dominant Shaq

jrm2054
05-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Shaq has been done for a few years, now he is beyond done.

llemon
05-05-2011, 09:42 PM
I hope he gets out of basketball and shuts up about it, and gets into professional wrestling where he belongs.

But I'll expect him to keep threatening to come out of retirement, the way Wilt did.

Master Mind
05-05-2011, 09:44 PM
wouldnt be too happy if i were u, if the got him playing its because hes ready to go, not because their in desperate need of him playing.

Beside, theres not alot of centers in the league that would be able to keep up with the heats speeds anyways, so theres really no difference. once u guys are on a fast break its pretty much 2 pts

Correct me if I'm wrong but Shaq hasn't played since April in which his initial comeback (from weeks of being sidelined with injuries) was cut short 4 minutes in. Do you think his conditioning is playoff ready? Just asking...

AddiX
05-05-2011, 09:46 PM
Lets be real, Perk would've gotten shut down by The Warden too. We chant MVP when he goes to the stripe for a reason.

Wow, that is the one of the gayest comments ever.:clap:

ShiroRX
05-05-2011, 10:01 PM
Wow, that is the one of the gayest comments ever.:clap:

And every single word is true.

IndiansFan337
05-05-2011, 10:28 PM
He can still play, but obviously injuries continue to mount. I think he can play another year if he's willing to put in the work.

His bones/ligaments/muscles simply can't handle the load of stress that his muscle and body weight creates within his body.

Hustlenomics
05-05-2011, 10:31 PM
he's playing this Saturday

TheRunKiller
05-05-2011, 11:14 PM

he'll have more of a impact then Haslem

SportsFanatic10
05-05-2011, 11:36 PM
doubt it...just haslem taking the court would give miami a huge energy boost. still don't think he'll play though since spo doesn't wanna screw with the rotations when its working well. but haslem has been back-to-back practising for a few days now so he's close.

TheRunKiller
05-05-2011, 11:38 PM
doubt it...just haslem taking the court would give miami a huge energy boost. still don't think he'll play though since spo doesn't wanna screw with the rotations when its working well. but haslem has been back-to-back practising for a few days now so he's close.

ooook :rolleyes:

KingPosey
05-06-2011, 12:13 AM
The REAL question is how much weight will Shaq gain in his 1st year of retirement.

The Vegas over/under is at 65lbs.

Arch Stanton
05-06-2011, 12:16 AM
I like Shaq a lot but I think he's pretty much done. I hope he proves me wrong in this series.

salmonleg
05-06-2011, 12:53 AM
He was ballin' before he got hurt. The coaches said the team flowed better with him than Perkins. Now the durability? That's another issue.

midwestmadman
05-06-2011, 10:49 AM
It has been since 2008 he just doesn't seem to know it. I guess divorces are pretty expensive...

midwestmadman
05-06-2011, 10:50 AM
The REAL question is how much weight will Shaq gain in his 1st year of retirement.

The Vegas over/under is at 65lbs.

HAHA, as a fat man I find this hilarious :clap:

Super.
05-06-2011, 11:10 AM

Even an Old, and injured Shaq can still score at will against Big Z in the paint.

Big Z is not a banger, and will never be a banger

TheRunKiller
05-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Even an Old, and injured Shaq can still score at will against Big Z in the paint.

Big Z is not a banger, and will never be a banger

and he'll make lebron & wade think twice about going to the hoop.

Lim
05-06-2011, 11:31 AM
his career was over after we dumped him. the 2006 championship should've been his last year, but Shaq doesn't know when to quit. It would've been the perfect cherry for his career. He could've been on TNT by now showing Charles how to really be obnoxious.

pretty much this. i hate it when HOFamers play way longer then they should. if i was one of them i would go out on top, id have too much pride to play when i couldn't play anymore. a good example right now is tim duncan, he should retire now while he is still a legend, i don't want him to turn into shaq 2.0

ne3xchamps
05-06-2011, 11:34 AM
I think he is done after this year. IF he tries to comeback next year, it will be a huge letdown. I will miss seeing him play because he is such a character. One of the most dominant big men I've ever seen. You had a nice run shaq.. you will be missed.:(

Hangtime
05-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Nahhh......he's got at least five years left, ARE U KIDDIN ME? LMAO. Stick a fork in him....wait....stick two forks in him, Shaq is well done and he should have retired after his bandwagon ride with Lebron but he wanted one more chance to go ringchasin. He better give it up after this year.

Tony_Starks
05-06-2011, 02:14 PM
The fact that he couldn't recover in time for the playoffs after taking over half the season off is pretty disappointing. I'll still root for him until he's gone though, he helped us three peat so there's no taking that away from him!

boolish
05-06-2011, 09:10 PM
what a highly romanticized view of Shaq history!