PDA

View Full Version : Underdogs still???

mzgrizz
05-05-2011, 05:39 PM
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/may/04/geoff-calkins-griz-lull-cards-so-rebound/

Pretty good article by a local sportswriter who can usually make you want to go up side of his head sometimes..........but it turns out he REALLY REALLY loves the Grizzlies, so I forgive him for all the times I wanted to throttle him:o

Snakeyestx
05-06-2011, 12:39 PM
I don't think being labeled an underdog is necessarily a bad thing. You're always underestimated by your rivals. They don't watch as much tape, they don't plan as many defensive stops, or roster pairings. Then you blow them out and they're gone fishin' while you suprise the next team, and the next, and the next, until you're wearing rings and labelled the "historical underdogs of 2011." :D

Yep; in fact we're favored by 3.5 tomorrow and I NEVER like that. Hope the Grizz don't read it!

MrfadeawayJB
05-06-2011, 02:18 PM
^^^^^^^^^
I agree, we play better as a underdog

Soonerule
05-07-2011, 01:10 PM
I don't know how the Thunder view the Grizz, but they better be respecting them as a team that has won 4 of 6 against them this year.

Bottom line, this is probably the best series in terms of competitiveness in the 2nd round, especially at this point. The Laker haters are loving the Dallas series, but one team down 3-0 and barely exhibiting a pulse isn't competitive. The Bulls were stunned in game 1 but made short order of losing home court to the Hawks last night. That leaves the Heat/Celtics series and Thunder/Grizz. The Heat and Celtics may have more star power going for them, but the Heat can turn those games into track meets. The Celtics will, or may, win some games, but that series is not shaping into the battle the Thunder/Grizz series is. Memphis has proven they can win in OKC. They did it in game 1, they did it in the regular season. The Thunder have yet to win in Memphis this year. Those are the facts. I am a Thunder fan, but those are the facts. Memphis doesn't have to win in OKC again at this point, but the Thunder HAVE to take at least one game in Memphis. Strap up, this series is going to be a war.

mzgrizz
05-08-2011, 12:36 PM
I don't think being labeled an underdog is necessarily a bad thing. You're always underestimated by your rivals. They don't watch as much tape, they don't plan as many defensive stops, or roster pairings. Then you blow them out and they're gone fishin' while you suprise the next team, and the next, and the next, until you're wearing rings and labelled the "historical underdogs of 2011." :D

Yep; in fact we're favored by 3.5 tomorrow and I NEVER like that. Hope the Grizz don't read it!

SORRY snakeyes! I accidentally hit edit rather than quote!
My bad

MrfadeawayJB
05-08-2011, 01:46 PM
I don't know how the Thunder view the Grizz, but they better be respecting them as a team that has won 4 of 6 against them this year.

Bottom line, this is probably the best series in terms of competitiveness in the 2nd round, especially at this point. The Laker haters are loving the Dallas series, but one team down 3-0 and barely exhibiting a pulse isn't competitive. The Bulls were stunned in game 1 but made short order of losing home court to the Hawks last night. That leaves the Heat/Celtics series and Thunder/Grizz. The Heat and Celtics may have more star power going for them, but the Heat can turn those games into track meets. The Celtics will, or may, win some games, but that series is not shaping into the battle the Thunder/Grizz series is. Memphis has proven they can win in OKC. They did it in game 1, they did it in the regular season. The Thunder have yet to win in Memphis this year. Those are the facts. I am a Thunder fan, but those are the facts. Memphis doesn't have to win in OKC again at this point, but the Thunder HAVE to take at least one game in Memphis. Strap up, this series is going to be a war.

this series has been great so far! I look forward to seeing both teams in the championship pursuit for years to come