PDA

View Full Version : Some notes on the Bulls &Should the Bulls try to move Carlos Boozer in the Offseason?

GiantsFan2000
05-05-2011, 10:22 AM
should the Bulls try and move boozer in the offseason for a Starting caliber shooting guard, one that doesnt need to hold the ball alot, and can create his own shots.

they can start taj gibson at the 4, he can develop into something really good, he is a really good defender, hard worker, "hard hat lunch pail" kind of guy as Stacey King says

Gibson is a much better defender than boozer, he also doesnt seem to play bad against the taller bigs in the league unlike boozer

gibson has a reliable mid-range shot, good rebounder

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/gibsota01.html

he is averaging 1.3 blocks in just 26 minutes of action, a defensive rating of 98

boozer is a great pf, but he and noah just dont seem to gel and boozer has soo many injury problems, hes a joke these days, hes turning into the power forward version of tmac

Injuries this season:

Tripping over a bag in his house, breaking his hand( a story i find very suspect, i have a feeling he was in a fight or something, like who falls over a bag and breaks their hand? what is his floor made out of, concrete?)

2 Sprained ankles

now turf toe(um...Derrick Rose has turf toe, which most bulls fnas know, i hear it is an injury that doesnt go away)

the guy is made out of glass (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU0OqVDl7kc&feature=related)

i was soo excited this summer when we signed him, i figured this would put us over the hump, he played great while noah was out, he even averaged 20 and 9 in december, while noah was out i might add

it seems all he does is grab rebounds(which is a huge help), and scream( gimme dat ****, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH)

too many of these high post catches, maybe he shld be set up deep in the post

maybe he needs more touches early in the game, idk

but look, hes 29 years old, and hes playing like hes 32, i think it would be a good idea to trade him for a shooting guard that can get you 20 points per game, and then start gibson, and throw the MLE at kenyon martin

even if the bulls win the championship this year, i think they should consider moving him

i mean, the way hes playing , the bulls might as well have chris bosh at the powerforward, wait, never mind that thought,lol, just remembered he just shoots jumpshots,lol

the bulls need a low post scorer, maybe boozer wasnt the guy?

maybe its rose's fault for not trying to get him in the pick and roll/pop early in the game

maybe the offense is too centered around rose?

i also feel that they should try and get deng into the low post a bit more as well, i think he can be effective

maybe a some pick and roll with noah as well

Rose is a tremendously great player, and i love the way he plays, but of late, hes taking too many shots from 3 point land

some of his attempts are just ridicolous,lol. maybe he should be limited by thibs to 3 3pt attempts per game, unless hes completely wide open

those possesions in which he fires up a three, could instead be used to try and utalize boozers "ability" to score in the low post

idk, just some ideas, you cannot have one player going for 30 each night shooting such a low percentage and expect to win a championship, he needs some more help

hes playing in a starting lineup of 4 all star caliber players(including rose), utalize them more

rose is a snake, he plays like a snake the way he slithers to the basket, but i think he needs to think more like a snake, or more specifically a black mamba!

kobe trys to set up his team mates most nights early in the game, and when the 3rd and 4th quarters begin, he releases his venom

rose needs to do this as well, he needs to set up more in the beginning, and then unleash himself in the end! it would also give his players more confidence late in games nd in the 4th quarter

rose has the weapons to win a title: low post defender(noah), rebounding big men(noah, boozer, asik, thomas), low post scorers(boozer??), wing player that can get you 15-18 ppg(deng), shooters(korver, bogans)

to win this year, boozer must be a 20/10 player, not some over payed 12-14/10 player

people make too many excuses in the league today, and this stupid

"Oh man, he hasn't been able to practice in like two weeks," Bulls guard Kyle Korver added. "He's playing in a lot of pain. He's doing everything he can just to be out there on the floor. He still got 11 rebounds. He doesn't have the lift that he really wants, but it means a lot for us just to have him out there."

i mean, he doesnt have much lift to begin with, he barely jumps unless hes dunking!

his presense does do alot tho, i give him a ton of credit for being a rebound machine, and being able to get doubled so our shooters can get open

but he was acquired to be the gasol to boozers kobe! not some little add on to help

he was brought over to complete a 1-2 punch, play like it!

hes getting 13,500,000 next season, he will probably play 50-60 games

this is not what we need, we need a healthy player, who can get 20/10

thoughts?

excuses?

GiantsFan2000
05-05-2011, 10:29 AM
i think i would give him until the half way point of next year or something, but he needs to step up

justinnum1
05-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Boozer is horrible.

taj>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>boozer

DaBUU
05-05-2011, 10:31 AM
Its going to be hard to move him even if they wanted to. But he's starting to get booed at home, which is never a good thing.

GiantsFan2000
05-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Boozer is horrible.

taj>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>boozer

i wldnt say horrible, hes still better than half the pfs in the league, gibson isnt better than him yet, on the offensive and rebounding fronts atleast

but the kid has potential, he is cheap as well

im not saying he will be an allstar, but i see him being a good player who contributes to a championship team

airronijordan
05-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Im not trying to be disrespectful, but I don't think theres any team that would be interested in Boozer's contract

twoearl
05-05-2011, 10:35 AM
I'll keep this short. Gibson + Boozer and pick for D12. The end.

GiantsFan2000
05-05-2011, 10:35 AM
Its going to be hard to move him even if they wanted to. But he's starting to get booed at home, which is never a good thing.

well, wen we went to utah, he said he doesnt hear "booooooooo" all he hears is "booooooooooooooz"

so it really doesnt effect them, he probably thinks they are saying boozer

for me:

Option A: keep everyone, sign jamal crawford, or J.R smith with the MLE

Option 1A: Move boozer, bobcats pick and brewer for monta ellis,david lee. the money works out

curry would need an inside scorer

GiantsFan2000
05-05-2011, 10:36 AM

i doubt orlando would take it, i think they would take noah, plus all our picks and brewer for howard

DeyAce
05-05-2011, 10:36 AM
His turf toe is really affecting his game. He has no lift. I look for him to be more effective next round againts Miami.

GiantsFan2000
05-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Im not trying to be disrespectful, but I don't think theres any team that would be interested in Boozer's contract

maybe a team like milwalkee, new jersey, charlotte, detroit, denver

some of these teams would take a chance at him i think

JordansBulls
05-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Yes, give up Noah, Boozer and Deng for Dwight and Turk.

GiantsFan2000
05-05-2011, 10:38 AM

no thank you, ill pass on that trade in a second, giving up wayy too much by giving up both noah and boozer

and any deal involving deng gets a no from me

Pierzynski4Prez
05-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Man, let the guy get healthy. Nobody was complaining when he was putting up like 17-11 or 18-11 while Noah was out, while shooting pretty decently. He is being hampered by his toe at just a bad time. People need some patience.

GiantsFan2000
05-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Lets not just focus on the boozer part i discussed, what do u think about my idea for Rose?

GiantsFan2000
05-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Man, let the guy get healthy. Nobody was complaining when he was putting up like 17-11 or 18-11 while Noah was out, while shooting pretty decently. He is being hampered by his toe at just a bad time. People need some patience.

we complained when he came back tho, when noah came back, they both played terrible

its like they dont play well with each other, caus there was a time, late in the year that noah was playing terrible, but now noah is playing great

now boozer is playing terrible

eugene
05-05-2011, 10:47 AM
Boozer+Noah for D12 :)

Pierzynski4Prez
05-05-2011, 10:52 AM
we complained when he came back tho, when noah came back, they both played terrible

its like they dont play well with each other, caus there was a time, late in the year that noah was playing terrible, but now noah is playing great

now boozer is playing terrible

Who complained? Boozer was playing great while Noah was out. When he came back, of course its going to take time to mesh together, and they still are. But were we losing games?

They are both very talented and would be very stupid to give up on the boozer/noah duo so quickly. Keeping Taj off the bench is critical for our 2nd unit as well.

twoearl
05-05-2011, 10:52 AM

Yeah this trade is a little TOO much for Dwight. I think ORL would settle for Noah and Boozer actually. Or actually Gibson and Noah, since Boozer's trade value is pretty low with his huge contract and the fact he is almost or is 30.

DeyAce
05-05-2011, 11:00 AM
Orlando would never accept Noah and Gibson for Howard

Tarheels23
05-05-2011, 11:01 AM
Werent these same Bulls fans telling people that Boozer was one of the best PF in the NBA just like 2-3 months ago? And that they were glad that Chicago missed out on all of the other free agents like wade, lebron, amare, bosh, joe johnson etc because Boozer was the perfect fit? Man you guys are some flip floppers

AIRMAR72
05-05-2011, 11:03 AM
ive already said on here that the man is useless on D and da bulls could still WIN without him but its not all his fault why his offense drop hes not playing with a TRUE pg he needs a playmaker around to make him(carlos) better like amare and dwight howard etc

Pierzynski4Prez
05-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Werent these same Bulls fans telling people that Boozer was one of the best PF in the NBA just like 2-3 months ago? And that they were glad that Chicago missed out on all of the other free agents like wade, lebron, amare, bosh, joe johnson etc because Boozer was the perfect fit? Man you guys are some flip floppers

No bulls fans were saying that at all. Some were maybe saying he was a better fit for us than Bosh was, but that's about it.

Look at Booz's production from December to February, when Noah was out. Boozer was playing pretty damn good and the Bulls were rolling. He has just been banged up lately.

Rehman2009
05-05-2011, 11:11 AM

I'd love that but didn't the Magic GM say they won't trade Howard or something? Or was that just talk?

Magic11
05-05-2011, 11:39 AM
I am a long-time Jazz fan. I have read your Boozer complaints. They are the exact same problems the Jazz had for years. Why didn't the Bulls learn from the Jazz? The Jazz never really made him an offer when he was a free agent. The national media made it look like the Jazz couldn't resign him, but the truth is we would rather have Millsap.

We do appreciate the trade exception you gifted us. I guess that is the least you could do after beating us in the finals twice.

hustleloyrspct
05-05-2011, 11:44 AM
I'll have to say i've loved Taj ever since his rookie year. I was extremely upset at the rumors of us trading Taj because I think he has a lot of potential. Boozer has to step up his game because he is not giving us what we signed us for. I love when he gets a rebound haha i don't know if anyone else noticed this but he always says "give me that ****".

GiantsFan2000
05-05-2011, 11:54 AM

well, i can only speak from my stand point, as well as a few bulls fans:

i never wanted lebron to come here, he would have stunted Roses development. rose didnt want lebron to come here because he wanted it to be his team

i wanted wade and boozer, i felt wade would have meshed alot better

rumor has it that rose wanted boozer and joe johnson

johnson was given a huge deal by the hawks, so that was out the window

boozer even on a bad day, even the way he plays now, is still a better fit than bosh. boozer does a bit more in the paint, and grabs a tom more rebounds

bosh is the RuPaul of big man in the sense that he is actually a small forward. how the heck can u play with a non rebounding center, and u still cannot fathom 10 rebounds

i mean, look at howard, he doesnt play with a rebounding 4, and he grabs 13+boards

boozer in freagency was the absolute best fit

even more so than stoudemire who cannot average 10 rebounds to save his life

the bulls wanted a 20/10 player, we paid for a 20/10 player, we got a 20/10 player in december, then it all went down hill

thats just my stand point. im not a fan of super teams, when i heard the prospect of both wade and lebron considering chicago, i didnt want it.

when i heard lebron, and bosh rumor in chicago, i didnt want it

when i heard wade and bosh, i wanted boozer, but i figured these butt buddys were going to be a package deal, either wade&bosh or lebron & bosh or lebron&wade

i wanted wade & boozer

we got korver&boozer&brewer

and 62 wins, i say we win this battle

but in the long term, i always considered boozers injury problems and his age, as well as not having a major scoring thread at the 2

i know we will solve this problem before the next season

GiantsFan2000
05-05-2011, 11:55 AM
I am a long-time Jazz fan. I have read your Boozer complaints. They are the exact same problems the Jazz had for years. Why didn't the Bulls learn from the Jazz? The Jazz never really made him an offer when he was a free agent. The national media made it look like the Jazz couldn't resign him, but the truth is we would rather have Millsap.

We do appreciate the trade exception you gifted us. I guess that is the least you could do after beating us in the finals twice.

u guys didnt use the exception i believe right?

maybe u can use it this offseason to acquire a good player, like a 2 guard or a 3

smith&wesson
05-05-2011, 12:02 PM
trade him for bosh.

pelmen84
05-05-2011, 12:13 PM
I think we should just have Boozer come out with a second unit and be a go to guy.

Noah and Taj together have been very solid...

So Bench line up would be:
CJ
Brewer/Bogans/Korver
Korver/Deng/Brewer
Boozer
Thomas/Asik

Defensively this lineup will not be as effective as our current bench lineup but offensively we should be able to dominate in the post, and if the other team decided to double Boozer he can pass pretty well...

Now the question is would u bench your 80$ million player? i think not

justinnum1
05-05-2011, 12:16 PM
I think we should just have Boozer come out with a second unit and be a go to guy.

Noah and Taj together have been very solid...

So Bench line up would be:
CJ
Brewer/Bogans/Korver
Korver/Deng/Brewer
Boozer
Thomas/Asik

Defensively this lineup will not be as effective as our current bench lineup but offensively we should be able to dominate in the post, and if the other team decided to double Boozer he can pass pretty well...

Now the question is would u bench your 80$ million player? i think not
Thibs would do it, but i think boozers wouldn't be able to handle it mentally.

cubswin25
05-05-2011, 12:38 PM
There's no reason to trade him, unless you can replace him with a better player. Taj Gibson is a good player and someone who can start on other teams. But lets not kid oursevles he's no Carlos Boozer. Any deal for Boozer right now is going to bring us much talent/value in return. It's important to get him right this off season and run more plays for him next season. But people shouldn't have such short memories and forget this guy had a allstar worthly first half. He put up 19/10 and everybody was happy with him. He hurts his ankle in February and hasn't been the same player since though. I don't think he all of the sudden lost it, so he probably can be fixed. It's funny, because Bosh was the PF wimping boy for most of the season around here. Now it looks like Boozer took this spot.

RZZZA
05-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Booz will be fine. He's injured and hit a slump at the wrong time, that's all.

Give him more time to gell with the team. Bulls fans don't want to hear it but we might have to lose in the 3rd round this year in order to heal up and gain better chemistry in the offseason...and come back stronger and better for it next year.

Lil Half Dead
05-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Boozer is the most frustrating player on the team, hands down. We need to be patient with him though, earlier in the year when he was healthy he was putting up impressive double double games, and I know you guys weren't complaining then. Also, EVERY single rebound opportunity Boozer gets, He screams "GIMME DAT ****!". You hear it 50+ times a game if you listen closely enough.

RZZZA
05-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Booz talks way too much....did I say talk? I meant screams. He has like 5 things he screams and he screams them over and over again.

He probably gets on all the refs nerves which is why they don't call fouls for him

THE MTL
05-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Chicago got 1st place in the whole NBA. Why would u trade anyone on the team? If it aint broke, then dont try to fix it.

210Don
05-05-2011, 01:58 PM
i think i found a great deal
richard jefferson for boozer
would help both teams rj needs a great passing pg like rose while we need that big man i think its a great trade

theheatles
05-05-2011, 02:05 PM
this poll is missing the option that says...boozer sucks and is a failed free agency pick up and now the bulls are stuck with his ****** contract because no team will trade for him

king4day
05-05-2011, 02:11 PM
I'd like to see one full season with Boozer. But even if they want to trade him, there's no team that will give up much for that contract.

Cano4prez
05-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Nobody would want that atrocious contract

RZZZA
05-05-2011, 02:19 PM

don't people say the same thing about Deng?

apparently all our players suck and nobody wants them:shrug:

Lil Half Dead
05-05-2011, 02:33 PM
i think i found a great deal
richard jefferson for boozer
would help both teams rj needs a great passing pg like rose while we need that big man i think its a great trade

What a great idea! We'll be even more undersized than the Warriors and have no post threat! Run n Gun baby! :pity:

Lil Half Dead
05-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Booz talks way too much....did I say talk? I meant screams. He has like 5 things he screams and he screams them over and over again.

He probably gets on all the refs nerves which is why they don't call fouls for him

I know it pisses me off just watching at home, I can only imagine what the refs think about him.

210Don
05-05-2011, 02:40 PM
What a great idea! We'll be even more undersized than the Warriors and have no post threat! Run n Gun baby! :pity:

lol boozer is 6'8''

CTCUBBIES
05-05-2011, 02:40 PM

I was thinking the exact same thing reading this thread. All this board did the las couple seasons was whine and complain about Deng and other fans made fun of his contract. Surprise surprise now he's healthy and really helping the team. When Boozer is healthy he will do the same thing.

Cano4prez
05-05-2011, 02:43 PM

Doesn't Boozer have 75 Million guranteed on his contract?

HesterTrain
05-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Doesn't Boozer have 75 Million guranteed on his contract?

Is Bosh still worth his contract?

Cano4prez
05-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Is Bosh still worth his contract?

Yes. He's playing better than Boozer and getting paid the same exact amount as him right now, he's also only 27

RZZZA
05-05-2011, 02:52 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing reading this thread. All this board did the las couple seasons was whine and complain about Deng and other fans made fun of his contract. Surprise surprise now he's healthy and really helping the team. When Boozer is healthy he will do the same thing.

I agree, people gotta give Boozer time. Its not like hes a sucky player, precedent doesn't indicate that at all. He's injured, hes in a funk and he doesn't have great chemistry with Noah yet.

Give him another season before we judge imo....

RZZZA
05-05-2011, 02:53 PM
Yes. He's playing better than Boozer and getting paid the same exact amount as him right now, he's also only 27

he's also not injured and had the entire season to gel with lebron/wade

Cano4prez
05-05-2011, 02:58 PM
he's also not injured and had the entire season to gel with lebron/wade

and Bosh is not injury prone like Boozer

Lil Half Dead
05-05-2011, 02:58 PM
lol boozer is 6'8''

He's 6'9 and 270 pounds. He's a big boy.

RZZZA
05-05-2011, 03:01 PM
and Bosh is not injury prone like Boozer

i dont really know what injury prone means...its just bad luck when a guy gets injured a lot during a season and its good luck when a guy like bosh doesn't.

Bosh is also primarily a jump shooter and Booz is banging in the low post area, so he's more likely to get injured. His last injury came from going up for a shot and somebody bumped into him in midair and boozer fell awkwardly with his leg bent under him.

Again this is deja vu, people said the same thing about Deng. He's injury prone, he stinks, trade him, etc.... but look at him this season. He's our best defender and most consistent player, pretty much all season long hes been great

DamnGoat
05-05-2011, 03:03 PM
The Boozer hate on this site is ridiculous. Has he played well in the Playoffs? Of course not, but that's no reason to dump him in the offseason for what probably won't be a good return.

And seriously, the people that think Taj is just as good or potentially better than Boozer are insane. I'd like to get a little more than dunks and inconsistent jumpers from my starting PF.

Crackadalic
05-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Why trade him? This team won 60+ games without a full year of actually playing together. The chemistry will get better next year. People overreact to much when a player isnt performing well

D1JM
05-05-2011, 03:13 PM
we are moving boozer for kobe. Hellcrooner co signs that trade

RZZZA
05-05-2011, 03:15 PM
And seriously, the people that think Taj is just as good or potentially better than Boozer are insane. I'd like to get a little more than dunks and inconsistent jumpers from my starting PF.

while you're probably right, I think you're under rating Taj. He has been very good in the playoffs, he brings hustle and energy, he plays well with the starters, he defends very well...

and the fact that he brings hustle and energy is so under rated because Boozer doesn't bring that same type of hustle, especially not on defense.

cubswin25
05-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Boozer was still basically a 18/9 player shooting 51 percent this year and he's been hurt in the playoffs. So it's not like he was terrible or wasn't what the Bulls expected this year. Obviously they were expecting better then 10/10 type numbers that we have seen in the playoffs. But factor that extra 7 to 8 points Boozer isn't getting could have to do with him playing hurt. So any talk of trading him is silly. Unless were getting someone like Gasol or Aldridge in return.

DamnGoat
05-05-2011, 03:30 PM
while you're probably right, I think you're under rating Taj. He has been very good in the playoffs, he brings hustle and energy, he plays well with the starters, he defends very well...

and the fact that he brings hustle and energy is so under rated because Boozer doesn't bring that same type of hustle, especially not on defense.
I'm not underrating Taj one bit. I didn't say anything about his defense, that's his obvious advantage over Boozer. But he's a bad offensive player, there's no way around that and I'm not sure how you think he's played well in the Playoffs. His numbers are all down across the board...TS%, eFG%, TRB%, PER. The only thing he's doing better in the Playoffs is blocking shots and that's just not enough to justify starting him over Boozer.

RZZZA
05-05-2011, 03:33 PM
I dont have any hard evidence to throw at you but I know what I see when I watch the games.

Taj has brought great hustle to the team and we barely lose a step when Booz has to come out for foul trouble and we bring Taj in. What he lacks in offense, he makes up for in defense and often this team in the playoffs at least just starts flowing better and crisper when he's out there vs. when its Booz.

stlbest5in2013
05-05-2011, 03:34 PM
His turf toe is really affecting his game. He has no lift. I look for him to be more effective next round againts Miami.

so turf toe is a short term problem, even though he is still playing on it?

good to know

tbone2171
05-05-2011, 03:36 PM
Bulls Forum?

daboywonder2002
05-05-2011, 03:40 PM
get rid of boozer?? are you crazy? you guys were an 8th seed before boozer came to the bulls. Is he the sole reason for the worst to 1st jump in the standings. of course not. but with him playing. bulls are a much better team. i dont care what the record says. you are not better with a taj gibson in the starting line up. And lets not act like this tibbs system is best suited for boozer's strengths. that utah system was tailor made for boozer. only issue in utah was that boozer started to fall in love with that jumper a little too much. i rarely see plays called for boozer. where's the pick and roll, where's the pick n pop??

mustaine
05-05-2011, 04:06 PM

If I'm sure of something after watching the NBA for about 20 years is that the most unreal trades do happen, almost every contract is movable. Wasn't long ago that people were saying nobody would take Gilbert Arenas and he got traded.

Anyway, the Bulls will hopefully sign J.R. Smith in the summer or trade for a good shooting guard, preferably someone who can create on his own, a good shooter that can also cut to the basket when needed.

I'm not the biggest fan of Boozer but he's a solid player, my Bulls could do worse, they could also do better but I don't know if anyone better is available out there.

jp611
05-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Are people really this dumb? The guy is injured first of all, second of all he's not going anywhere

minervamob
05-05-2011, 05:08 PM
Boozer is not going anywhere. Unless it was for dwight. Highly doubtful. And Rose is not Kobe. Kobe is a 15 year vet, Rose is 22. Hes the MVP but hes still young and still learning. Eventually with growth, experience and building long standing rationships on the court with his bigs, pick and rolls, pick and pops will become second nature. Doesnt help when they've only played 50-60 games together. Rose has that floor spacing relationship with Deng, it can only get better with Boozer.

FriedTofuz
05-05-2011, 05:12 PM
The bulls are the best team in the league record wise. They dont need to move anyone and disturb what chemistry they have going. Boozer has suffered many injuries, and should be given a chance to improve. After another season, the Bulls organization can decide to move Boozer if he just isnt working out for them. As of now, Keep him.

SteveNash
05-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Since Boozer is going to be pretty hard to trade, they should work on upgrading their PG position.

Master Mind
05-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Boozer or Noah or any Bulls combination not involving Rose for Dwight is a laugher

jimbobjarree
05-05-2011, 05:18 PM
I dont have any hard evidence to throw at you but I know what I see when I watch the games.

Taj has brought great hustle to the team and we barely lose a step when Booz has to come out for foul trouble and we bring Taj in. What he lacks in offense, he makes up for in defense and often this team in the playoffs at least just starts flowing better and crisper when he's out there vs. when its Booz.

sounds just like what us Jazz fans used to say about Millsap backing up Boozer.

Look, injuries, him dissapearing in big games against elite players and questionable defense is what you get with Boozer, the Bulls should have known this before they signed him to that huge contract, so I fail to see why anyone should be suprised. They obviously looked past this and still wanted him, so I don't see why they would trade him.

justinnum1
05-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Boozer or Noah or any Bulls combination not involving Rose for Dwight is a laugher

If dwight were to be traded, the only way the magic do it is if someone takes arena also.

ChicagoJ
05-05-2011, 05:20 PM
The main thing that bothers me regarding boozer is how bad his shots look. It's either that rainbow jumper or a brick down low. He just doesn't look like he's got a solid go to shot.

I also think many people would see booz in a different light if he averaged his normal numbers and the combo of him and noah would dominate the boards together more. Once those 2 guys gel this team will be much improved.

jimbobjarree
05-05-2011, 05:34 PM
The main thing that bothers me regarding boozer is how bad his shots look. It's either that rainbow jumper or a brick down low. He just doesn't look like he's got a solid go to shot.

I also think many people would see booz in a different light if he averaged his normal numbers and the combo of him and noah would dominate the boards together more. Once those 2 guys gel this team will be much improved.

looks ugly as ****, but he is actually one the the best pick and pop players in the league. Well, he was last year, I havn't really watched him as much with the Bulls.

GiantsFan2000
05-05-2011, 05:42 PM
I appreciate the feedback guys, unfortunatly u guys arent paying attention to the 2nd topic im trying to discuss which is rose getting other players involved early

RZZZA
05-05-2011, 05:47 PM
I appreciate the feedback guys, unfortunatly u guys arent paying attention to the 2nd topic im trying to discuss which is rose getting other players involved early

well he is averaging 10 assists per game in this series so far, so I'd say he's doing pretty good. We could always use more Rose/Boozer plays though, fans have been saying that for a while.

Too often in the beginning of games the team comes out low energy, and Rose just hands it off to guys like Deng, Bogans and boozer only to have them clank jumpshots. I hate those starts, they're not good. Many Bulls fans say Rose should attack early and feed Booz early to get the whole team going.

1-800-STFU
05-05-2011, 05:49 PM
We trade him we re-open up the need for post scoring, stupid.

jp611
05-05-2011, 05:53 PM
We trade him we re-open up the need for post scoring, stupid.

I never knew you were a Bulls fan

MJ-BULLS
05-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Boozer is playing injured and he apparently isn't a good player no more?

His playoff career statistics have always been good.

TRB% 19.0 TRB 12.2 PPG. 18.9 TS% of .530

and i have no idea how someone can say Taj is better than Boozer right now. :rolleyes:

GiantsFan2000
05-05-2011, 06:11 PM
well he is averaging 10 assists per game in this series so far, so I'd say he's doing pretty good. We could always use more Rose/Boozer plays though, fans have been saying that for a while.

Too often in the beginning of games the team comes out low energy, and Rose just hands it off to guys like Deng, Bogans and boozer only to have them clank jumpshots. I hate those starts, they're not good. Many Bulls fans say Rose should attack early and feed Booz early to get the whole team going.

nah, well as i stated, i believe he needs some more pick and rolls with boozer and noah, get them going early, get deng into it, and then attack after halftime

to me, rose should have 10 pts at halftime, then explode in the 2nd half

but he needs to start off attacking from the standpoint that if he scores 10 pts in the first half by driving to the basket for layups, the defense will tighten in the paint, so when he drives in the 2nd half, he can drive in and dish out to other players

uprightciti
05-05-2011, 06:17 PM
chicago is pissed because they signed an injury prone cry baby to a $75 million dollar contract for 5 years BHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

RZZZA
05-05-2011, 06:23 PM
chicago is pissed because they signed an injury prone cry baby to a $75 million dollar contract for 5 years BHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

uhh...what are you so happy about? your highly paid star player was unable to complete the series against Boston due to back spasms.

jp611
05-05-2011, 06:30 PM

I hope you realize Amare's knees are going out and now he has back spasms and was unable to do anything against Boston... nice try at baiting though

GiantsFan2000
05-05-2011, 06:35 PM
I hope you realize Amare's knees are going out and now he has back spasms and was unable to do anything against Boston... nice try at baiting though

Agreed, at the halfway point of the year, stoudemire started wearing knee pads,lol

j11430
05-05-2011, 06:49 PM
uhh...what are you so happy about? your highly paid star player was unable to complete the series against Boston due to back spasms.

Agreed, at the halfway point of the year, stoudemire started wearing knee pads,lol

Ouch, talk about comebacks

South Sided
05-05-2011, 06:58 PM
I'm sure the Magic's front office would get a pretty good laugh out of that proposal. This is real life not NBA 2k11, STOP YOURSELVES w/ the dumb trade proposals. Nobody wants Booz's contract & the team wouldn't be where they are w/o him.

Everyone should stick to complaining about our buster baseball squads & not the playoff Hoops squad.

GiantsFan2000
05-05-2011, 07:20 PM
I'm sure the Magic's front office would get a pretty good laugh out of that proposal. This is real life not NBA 2k11, STOP YOURSELVES w/ the dumb trade proposals. Nobody wants Booz's contract & the team wouldn't be where they are w/o him.

Everyone should stick to complaining about our buster baseball squads & not the playoff Hoops squad.

i think they would take noah, gibson, asik, brewer, bobcats pick for howard and filler

RZZZA
05-05-2011, 07:25 PM
imo the Bulls can actually offer a really decent package for Howard...

toovey107
05-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Where is this notion that Taj has a jumper?

Honestly, Boozer has been pretty bad and Taj is much better defensively; that being said Boozer> Taj and it's not really debatable.

Pretty obvious Boozer is being hampered by his injury.

GiantsFan2000
05-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Where is this notion that Taj has a jumper?

Honestly, Boozer has been pretty bad and Taj is much better defensively; that being said Boozer> Taj and it's not really debatable.

Pretty obvious Boozer is being hampered by his injury.

have you ever seen him play? thats all he does!

John Walls Era
05-05-2011, 07:46 PM
As bad as Boozer has been, hes still playing like a decent starter. Hes just not playing up to what people expected. Taj at this point is not better than him. Maybe on D but thats it

jp611
05-05-2011, 07:48 PM
have you ever seen him play? thats all he does!

And he does it badly... Taj sucks horribly on the offensive end

GiantsFan2000
05-05-2011, 07:49 PM
And he does it badly... Taj sucks horribly on the offensive end

he doesnt even get alot of touches! he isnt horrible, this is his 2nd year!

jp611
05-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Taj sucks compared to Boozer, if I hear one more time that someone wants Taj to start over him I'm going to flip out... it will only make things worse... Injured Boozer>>>Taj

DamnGoat
05-05-2011, 10:25 PM
he doesnt even get alot of touches! he isnt horrible, this is his 2nd year!
He's a backup so of course he doesn't get a lot of touches. His offensive game is still pretty bad though. Unless he's dunking the ball, Taj doesn't offer much at all on the offensive end. His mid range game went south in a big way this season compared to his Rookie year. From 3-9 feet he shot 38% & from 10-15 feet he shot 28%. That's brutal.

I'm just not sure some of you realize how much more pressure we'd be putting on Rose to score if Taj is starting over Boozer. A hobbled Boozer is at least a threat on the offensive end, whereas Taj is pretty much worthless.

GiantsFan2000
05-05-2011, 10:32 PM
He's a backup so of course he doesn't get a lot of touches. His offensive game is still pretty bad though. Unless he's dunking the ball, Taj doesn't offer much at all on the offensive end. His mid range game went south in a big way this season compared to his Rookie year. From 3-9 feet he shot 38% & from 10-15 feet he shot 28%. That's brutal.

I'm just not sure some of you realize how much more pressure we'd be putting on Rose to score if Taj is starting over Boozer. A hobbled Boozer is at least a threat on the offensive end, whereas Taj is pretty much worthless.

are you aware that carlos boozer, in 31 minutes is averaging 10 points and 10 rebounds during the playoffs

what offensive game???

xbrackattackx
05-05-2011, 11:03 PM

He baited you and you bit. dont say nice try he got you.

akagiredsuns
05-05-2011, 11:05 PM

Biggest fail in a while JB. :facepalm: Seriously? Deng has been the dark horse on our team since the 1st round. And please? Turk is a joke. The guy just disappeared in the Hawks series. He's a far cry from the guy in the '09 playoffs.
We could get D12 without trading Noah. N13 to me is untradeable. Solid defender, great rebounder & hustler, & shoots a high FT% for a C.

Ty Fast
05-05-2011, 11:29 PM
trade him for bosh.

no thank you

koreancabbage
05-05-2011, 11:32 PM
Chicago got 1st place in the whole NBA. Why would u trade anyone on the team? If it aint broke, then dont try to fix it.

people will adjust to Chicago. this is one of those years that Chicago crept into first place quietly. I'm sure they won't get first place next year.

Corey
05-05-2011, 11:35 PM
Even with significant injuries to Boozer and Noah, alongside complete offensive ineptitude from the guard position, the Bulls finished first in the East. It makes NO sense to trade Boozer, regardless of how you think he's playing.

PlezPlayDKnicks
05-06-2011, 12:40 AM
Funny how every1 claims Amares knees are going out and he's arguably the second most explosive PF in the league behind Blake Griffin.. The back spasms were unfortunate due to an extremely heavy workload this season... Only on Psd can a guy have a great season and still people point to an injury years ago... Jkidd still plays on his knee and hasn't fallen apart.

cubswin25
05-06-2011, 02:02 AM
Zach Randolph is the perfect example of why you don't dump Boozer due to a poor second half and post season. Remember the Blazers didn't want him anymore, Knicks didn't want him anymore and neither did the Clippers. But the guy has played better and now carrying the Grizzlies in the playoffs. Boozer is capable of playing like Randolph at some point or next season. In fact Boozer is a better career percentage shooter and better rebounding with PPG around the same.

cubswin25
05-06-2011, 02:12 AM
people will adjust to Chicago. this is one of those years that Chicago crept into first place quietly. I'm sure they won't get first place next year.

:facepalm:

What do you have to base that off of? Derrick Rose is really good and only going to get better. Noah is one of the better C in the league, Deng is a really good starting SF and Boozer when he's right is a allstar level PF. Then you factor in they have the best defense in the league and best rebounding team in the league. Not to mention they are likely to upgrade the SG position this off season. Remember they won 62 games with tons of injuries to Noah and Boozer this year. There's nothing to figure out, this team is just good and gonna get better.

cubswin25
05-06-2011, 03:24 AM
are you aware that carlos boozer, in 31 minutes is averaging 10 points and 10 rebounds during the playoffs

what offensive game???

Well to be fair, Boozer isn't getting the shots he normally gets either(only averages around 10 per game in the playoffs). Boozer has only got 71 shots in the first 7 playoff games. If you compare that to last year, Boozer got 120 shots the first 7 playoff games. So it shouldn't be surprise that his scoring is down. Even if Boozer was shooting and playing better on offense, he would probably only be giving the team around 14 PPG with the shots he's gotten. So there's no doubt Boozer hasn't played well in 4 of 7 games IMO. But lets not forget the guy is playing hurt and he's not getting nearly as many shots and not nearly as many good shots as he did a year ago either. So some of this is on the Bulls use of Boozer with lack of getting him the ball down low on the repost and some of it's on Boozer. But not all of it is on Boozer, like some fans want to be. Because the guy has also went from getting 17 shots a game, to 10. So that's part of the why there's such a big drop off from 20 points last post season to only 10 points so far this post season. So really he's only underachieving by say 4-5 PPG and being in foul trouble for a few of those games and playing hurt in 3 others probably has a lot to do with that.

eugene
05-06-2011, 06:15 AM
I would trade Boozer for more defensive minded G.Wallace and a decent starting SG like W.Chandler, RIP or S. Jackson. They are still tall having Noah in C and Gibson is doing just great from the bench...

Knickrocketsfan
05-06-2011, 06:27 AM
should the Bulls try and move boozer in the offseason for a Starting caliber shooting guard, one that doesnt need to hold the ball alot, and can create his own shots.

they can start taj gibson at the 4, he can develop into something really good, he is a really good defender, hard worker, "hard hat lunch pail" kind of guy as Stacey King says

Gibson is a much better defender than boozer, he also doesnt seem to play bad against the taller bigs in the league unlike boozer

he is averaging 1.3 blocks in just 26 minutes of action, a defensive rating of 98

boozer is a great pf, but he and noah just dont seem to gel and boozer has soo many injury problems, hes a joke these days, hes turning into the power forward version of tmac

i can only hope ur only comparing the injuries, b/c tmac never choked in the playoffs

KingPosey
05-06-2011, 07:23 AM

Injuries this season:

Tripping over a bag in his house, breaking his hand( a story i find very suspect, i have a feeling he was in a fight or something, like who falls over a bag and breaks their hand? what is his floor made out of, concrete?)

2 Sprained ankles

now turf toe(um...Derrick Rose has turf toe, which most bulls fnas know, i hear it is an injury that doesnt go away)

the guy is made out of glass (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU0OqVDl7kc&feature=related)

i was soo excited this summer when we signed him, i figured this would put us over the hump, he played great while noah was out, he even averaged 20 and 9 in december, while noah was out i might add

it seems all he does is grab rebounds(which is a huge help), and scream( gimme dat ****, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH)

too many of these high post catches, maybe he shld be set up deep in the post

maybe he needs more touches early in the game, idk

but look, hes 29 years old, and hes playing like hes 32, i think it would be a good idea to trade him for a shooting guard that can get you 20 points per game, and then start gibson, and throw the MLE at kenyon martin

even if the bulls win the championship this year, i think they should consider moving him

i mean, the way hes playing , the bulls might as well have chris bosh at the powerforward, wait, never mind that thought,lol, just remembered he just shoots jumpshots,lol

the bulls need a low post scorer, maybe boozer wasnt the guy?

maybe its rose's fault for not trying to get him in the pick and roll/pop early in the game

maybe the offense is too centered around rose?

i also feel that they should try and get deng into the low post a bit more as well, i think he can be effective

maybe a some pick and roll with noah as well

Rose is a tremendously great player, and i love the way he plays, but of late, hes taking too many shots from 3 point land

some of his attempts are just ridicolous,lol. maybe he should be limited by thibs to 3 3pt attempts per game, unless hes completely wide open

those possesions in which he fires up a three, could instead be used to try and utalize boozers "ability" to score in the low post

idk, just some ideas, you cannot have one player going for 30 each night shooting such a low percentage and expect to win a championship, he needs some more help

hes playing in a starting lineup of 4 all star caliber players(including rose), utalize them more

rose is a snake, he plays like a snake the way he slithers to the basket, but i think he needs to think more like a snake, or more specifically a black mamba!

kobe trys to set up his team mates most nights early in the game, and when the 3rd and 4th quarters begin, he releases his venom

rose needs to do this as well, he needs to set up more in the beginning, and then unleash himself in the end! it would also give his players more confidence late in games nd in the 4th quarter

rose has the weapons to win a title: low post defender(noah), rebounding big men(noah, boozer, asik, thomas), low post scorers(boozer??), wing player that can get you 15-18 ppg(deng), shooters(korver, bogans)

to win this year, boozer must be a 20/10 player, not some over payed 12-14/10 player

people make too many excuses in the league today, and this stupid

"Oh man, he hasn't been able to practice in like two weeks," Bulls guard Kyle Korver added. "He's playing in a lot of pain. He's doing everything he can just to be out there on the floor. He still got 11 rebounds. He doesn't have the lift that he really wants, but it means a lot for us just to have him out there."

i mean, he doesnt have much lift to begin with, he barely jumps unless hes dunking!

his presense does do alot tho, i give him a ton of credit for being a rebound machine, and being able to get doubled so our shooters can get open

but he was acquired to be the gasol to boozers kobe! not some little add on to help

he was brought over to complete a 1-2 punch, play like it!

hes getting 13,500,000 next season, he will probably play 50-60 games

this is not what we need, we need a healthy player, who can get 20/10

thoughts?

excuses?

ya. a lot of floors are.

DamnGoat
05-06-2011, 01:41 PM

what offensive game???
LOL...are you aware that Taj Gibson sucks offensively? The point is, even a hobbled, ineffective Boozer is more of an offensive threat than him. That's not exactly a ringing endorsement for Taj.

Pat Thetic
05-06-2011, 02:19 PM
You are also aware that the Bulls are tied 1-1 in the conference semis?

The Bulls are the #1 seed and you're suggesting they trade their second option for 40 cents on the dollar.

CRAZY

justinnum1
05-06-2011, 02:32 PM
You are also aware that the Bulls are tied 1-1 in the conference semis?

The Bulls are the #1 seed and you're suggesting they trade their second option for 40 cents on the dollar.

CRAZY

Better to trade him now...imagine what that contract will look like in 2 years, making 16 mil and very injury prone

cubswin25
05-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Better to trade him now...imagine what that contract will look like in 2 years, making 16 mil and very injury prone

Yeah smart idea there, I'm sure the Knicks and Clippers are glad they gave away Zach Randolph for nothing too. Oh wait, how is that working out for them? With Randolph playing great and carrying his team in the playoffs right now. That right there shows you, that you don't give up on guys who are capable of scoring and rebound like Boozer is. Especially since the guy put up numbers that matched his career numbers in the regular season. Despite often being the third scoring option for most of the second half of the season. So the only way you trade Carlos Boozer, is if you are getting an allstar level player in return that you might like more. For example if the Rockets wanted to swap Kevin Martin for Boozer and say Omer Asik. That might be something they would consider doing, especially if they can go out and add a guy like Kenyon Martin cheap to replace Boozer.

RZZZA
05-06-2011, 03:31 PM
what is this bullcrap about Boozer being injury prone? none of his injuries this season indicate that he's prone to get injuries. Its all happened to him falling down, that could happen to anybody. turf toe can happen to anybody.

I'll tell you who's injury prone. Amare. Dwyane Wade. Those people get chronic injuries that keep flaring back up no matter what happens. Amare with his spasms and Wade with his migraines.

those injuries are not a matter of just being unlucky and falling hard or something, they are inherent injuries that don't ever go away and tend to flare up at bad times

justinnum1
05-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Yeah smart idea there, I'm sure the Knicks and Clippers are glad they gave away Zach Randolph for nothing too. Oh wait, how is that working out for them? With Randolph playing great and carrying his team in the playoffs right now. That right there shows you, that you don't give up on guys who are capable of scoring and rebound like Boozer is. Especially since the guy put up numbers that matched his career numbers in the regular season. Despite often being the third scoring option for most of the second half of the season. So the only way you trade Carlos Boozer, is if you are getting an allstar level player in return that you might like more. For example if the Rockets wanted to swap Kevin Martin for Boozer and say Omer Asik. That might be something they would consider doing, especially if they can go out and add a guy like Kenyon Martin cheap to replace Boozer.

Randolph isn't 30 and injury prone...

justinnum1
05-06-2011, 03:39 PM
what is this bullcrap about Boozer being injury prone? none of his injuries this season indicate that he's prone to get injuries. Its all happened to him falling down, that could happen to anybody. turf toe can happen to anybody.

I'll tell you who's injury prone. Amare. Dwyane Wade. Those people get chronic injuries that keep flaring back up no matter what happens. Amare with his spasms and Wade with his migraines.

those injuries are not a matter of just being unlucky and falling hard or something, they are inherent injuries that don't ever go away and tend to flare up at bad times

He gets an injury every year, and take a long time recovering from injuries, not to mention his confidence is affected when he gets injured.

KnicksR4Real
05-06-2011, 03:43 PM
What if we traded him for Amare and also got a pick? This way we have more cap room and could sign cp3!

boolish
05-06-2011, 03:54 PM

otis smith called. he says he is laughing so hard he can't even get up off the floor.

boolish
05-06-2011, 03:55 PM
I love these amateur GM threads. If you know Boozer is no good, don't you suspect that every GM in the NBA knows it as well? or do you think it's some kind of secret? Not to mention, but I will anyway, that Booz contract is now one of the very worst in the entire NBA? He is also going to be 30 soon so he's not exactly in a great position to turn things around.

boolish
05-06-2011, 03:57 PM

you should do some homework. Boozer has a well earned reputation for being injury prone. It's not just this year.

boolish
05-06-2011, 04:00 PM
LOL...are you aware that Taj Gibson sucks offensively? The point is, even a hobbled, ineffective Boozer is more of an offensive threat than him. That's not exactly a ringing endorsement for Taj.

last I heard NBA was a "two way" league. so you don't just count offensive production. you count both sides of the ball and measure the Total effectiveness of a player. when you do that the decision is not so clear cut. luckily thibs does look at what players do on both sides of the ball, which is why I expect a reduction in Booz minutes as his career with the bulls progresses.

cubswin25
05-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Randolph isn't 30 and injury prone...

LOL oh boy, yes Randolph isn't 30, he's 29 and will be 30 in June. But guess what, Boozer is also 29 and won't be 30 until NOVEMBER. Also just so you know that Randolph played like 12 more games then Boozer over the past 5 years. Which is because Boozer had one season when he only played in like 37 games, while Randolph game low is 50. Overall Boozer has played 74,78 and 81 games 3 of the past 5 years. While Randolph has played 69 games or under 3 of the past five years. Yes Boozer only played 59 games this past year, but that has to do to a freak injury when he fell down this off season and not a basketball related injury. If he doesn't have that he probably plays in 74 games this year.

kozelkid
05-06-2011, 05:11 PM

You do realize you are pretty much bidding yourself. Just an offer of Noah is probably better than anything any team that Howard would want to join, could offer.

Noah + Boozer for Howard and some contract filler should get it done. There's zero point of adding Deng into the deal.