PDA

View Full Version : Is Pau Gasol quietly playing INJURED?

Hellcrooner
05-05-2011, 07:37 AM
If you see the games, something is not well.
He doesnt seem tohave the speed to post up his deffenders.
Its slow running the court.
He barely jumps for rebounds.
Something is not right.

In one of the last games of reg season he had some kind of trouble that was later dismissed to the media as "not important".

I knwo people decline, but people does not decline OVERNIGHT.

Remember in NOVEMBER he was putting like 25 ppg and 12 rpg.
Then he started to "fall into a funk".

So searching i realized that he INDEED ****ed up his hamstring in Decemebr

And he also missed 17 games the previous season beacuse of hamstring problem.

also this season at some point Phil gave out that Pau was dealing with some kind of issue withouth being specific of what it was.

Of course if he has been limping the whole season it probably has become even WORSE now, too many games.
Lakers probably ahve decided that withouth him theres 0 chance to win so he is forcing it, but have refused to go into the media about it in order to protect him from oponents trying to take advantage of it.

Hamstring are a real problem, Toronto fans know bout it.
Jose Calderon had problems with it 3 years ago and he really had a falldown on his play the first two seasons and has only been able to regain something similar to his true shape THIS season.

So what do you think?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-05-2011, 07:48 AM
I have no ****ing clue whats wrong with him:confused:

BALLER R
05-05-2011, 08:07 AM
no god only knows whats wrong

bigsams50
05-05-2011, 08:14 AM
I don't know whats wrong with him, but its starting to get embarrassing for him. If he doesn't play the way he did last year, it's going to be a short series against Dallas

krest213
05-05-2011, 08:39 AM
ill tell you whats a friend of mine that live next to Pau
told Pau doesn't want to play for LA anymore, that he would like to joins his brother
in Memphs
also Dirk and crew, putting a hurt on Pau

justinnum1
05-05-2011, 08:40 AM
He is just way to soft, mentally and physically

Crackadalic
05-05-2011, 08:45 AM
Probably. Toney Douglas has been injured all year and just got surgery that has him out for 4 months so maybe he is playing through it. We'll never know until he says it though

Hellcrooner
05-05-2011, 08:46 AM
told Pau doesn't want to play for LA anymore, that he would like to joins his brother
in Memphs

That would be a good start for an intersting story.

Trade Pau for Zach and see what happens.

An story that wouldnt end happilly for Lakers Imo.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-05-2011, 08:46 AM
in Memphs

totally believable:rolleyes:

eugene
05-05-2011, 08:52 AM
it doesn't mean he is soft only because he looks soft...

jrm2054
05-05-2011, 08:57 AM
he mihg tbe hurt that team looks bad all together

ttam68
05-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Somethings wrong with that whole team. You can blame chemistry or age, they've been shaky all season.

pacofunk64
05-05-2011, 09:18 AM
I voted for the 1st option. My sources are telling me he has Sissyitis. It's something that has plagued him his whole career. So don't expect it go away anytime soon.

mttwlsn16
05-05-2011, 09:22 AM
He is just way to soft, mentally and physically

bingo

DerekRE_3
05-05-2011, 09:41 AM
It's the playoffs. Everyone is hurting.

ULT WARRIOR408
05-05-2011, 09:45 AM
He aint hurt,both he and the Lakers are just simply being out played thus-far.

Tanakid777
05-05-2011, 09:48 AM
Wouldn't be the craziest thing I've ever heard

Tarheels23
05-05-2011, 09:51 AM
Gasol is the softest player in the NBA. I just think he is scared to go in the paint with Chandler and Haywood.

ChitownSports16
05-05-2011, 09:54 AM
It's the playoffs. Everyone is hurting.

This!!!! Theres gonna be least 1-2 players in every team playing hurt.

ShockerArt
05-05-2011, 09:55 AM
I think he's loudly playing like ****

Yanks All Day
05-05-2011, 09:55 AM
He is getting hit in the mouth and shying away. People seemed to drop the "soft" tag from him after one year, but he is still soft. All I know is that when Dirk is bullying someone, you know you're in for trouble.

JUMPMANxAIRS
05-05-2011, 10:06 AM
^ nice stats.

AntiG
05-05-2011, 11:16 AM
{|}

LakersIn5
05-05-2011, 11:23 AM
i guess he's just fine with having just 2 championship rings thats why he aint playing 100%

RaidersLakers24
05-05-2011, 11:42 AM
No he's playing like a ***** because he broke up with his girl!!

LA IN 7

JordansBulls
05-05-2011, 11:45 AM
It's not Gasol, it is the team in general. When something goes wrong everyone points the finger at someone else. The fact Bynum said the team had trust issues shows this. Honestly, these guys may be at a point where they rather play elsewhere. Gasol very well could be pissed that he hardly gets any credit for anything and only gets criticism when the Lakers lose.

KingPosey
05-05-2011, 11:52 AM
It's not Gasol, it is the team in general. When something goes wrong everyone points the finger at someone else. The fact Bynum said the team had trust issues shows this. Honestly, these guys may be at a point where they rather play elsewhere. Gasol very well could be pissed that he hardly gets any credit for anything and only gets criticism when the Lakers lose.

did anyone else notice how annoying Bynum was during that interview last night? With that gum or whatever he was chomping on and the way he was speaking.

Hellcrooner
05-05-2011, 11:54 AM

Thats a storng posibility.

i wonder if we get eliminated if KObe tyring to put the **** on gasol and not him willl make a Trade Pau or Trade me tirade and commit a Fatal mistake like Trading Pau somwhere that later trade shim for Boozer

smith&wesson
05-05-2011, 12:01 PM
doubt it. he just isnt playing well. i think kobe and lamar are the only ones who showed up for this series.

MrfadeawayJB
05-05-2011, 12:10 PM
in Memphs

I honestly think Memphis fans would not trade Z-BO for Pau

Avenged
05-05-2011, 12:21 PM
These are just excuses now.

It's the playoffs, he's not the only one playing injured.

Hellcrooner
05-05-2011, 12:24 PM
I honestly think Memphis fans would not trade Z-BO for Pau

but Fo may do it specially if Marc told them to do so as a requirement for resigning.

Baller1
05-05-2011, 12:26 PM
He's just playing terrible... No other way to put it really.

MrfadeawayJB
05-05-2011, 12:30 PM
but Fo may do it specially if Marc told them to do so as a requirement for resigning.

thats possible, but i dont see fans being on board with that. Z-Bo's style of play is the epitome of the city of memphis. Plus, Pau left memphis as a pretty unpopular guy. Isn't Pau making like $2-3 mil more a year than Zach??

210Don
05-05-2011, 12:32 PM
werent there rumors that pau asked for a trade around teh trade deadline? then the lakers said no no no. maybe it was true, also hes just soft and tired

Hellcrooner
05-05-2011, 12:32 PM
thats possible, but i dont see fans being on board with that. Z-Bo's style of play is the epitome of the city of memphis. Plus, Pau left memphis as a pretty unpopular guy. Isn't Pau making like $2-3 mil more a year than Zach??

not sure how does zachs new contract look like.

MrfadeawayJB
05-05-2011, 12:35 PM
not sure how does zachs new contract look like.

I want to say it starts at $17 mil a year. 4yr $71 mil. is what it is

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6377990

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-05-2011, 12:37 PM
werent there rumors that pau asked for a trade around teh trade deadline? then the lakers said no no no. maybe it was true, also hes just soft and tired

it was Artest

Hangtime
05-05-2011, 12:39 PM
He's either injured or tired or both. The guy has played three years in the finals and summers in international leagues. He looks physically and mentally drained. But I don't think its just him. It wears anybody down over time. He also put in more work because of Bynum's absence earlier this season.

nycsports2
05-05-2011, 12:41 PM
looks very old so yes its possible

sep11ie
05-05-2011, 01:00 PM
in Memphs

I'm sorry, but I think I will go with more reliable sources...

Jack Daniels
05-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Think he's been diagnosed with a case of Vaginitis... and someone needs to get him some stick em for his hands...

MFFL==FML
05-05-2011, 01:07 PM
NOTHING is wrong with Pau Gasol.... I'd trade Haywood and my grandmother and virgin sister for Pau. He is a beast... rather than make excuses, why not admit Dirk has surprisingly played great defense on Pau, Dirk has did his job on the boards, and Chandler is a defensive beast when Dirk isn't on Pau...

As I said before, Pau is 2nd or 3rd best PF today... Only an idiot would trade Pau for ZBo (not saying ZBo sucks by any means). He doesn't look injured, he just looks shut down.

210Don
05-05-2011, 01:11 PM
z-bo> pau

MrfadeawayJB
05-05-2011, 01:21 PM
z-bo> pau

During the Post season, yes. Overall, No. But with that said Z-Bo is a better player for memphis than pau would be. If we had marc and pau they would prob pass up open shots like hot potatoes to each other until one was forced to shoot before a shot clock violation.

Avenged
05-05-2011, 01:24 PM
During the Post season, yes. Overall, No. But with that said Z-Bo is a better player for memphis than pau would be. If we had marc and pau they would prob pass up open shots like hot potatoes to each other until one was forced to shoot before a shot clock violation.

Oh for sure. Personality has a lot to do with it.

Z-Bo is a cocky, aggressive player which is why you guys are tied 1-1 in the 2nd round. This is why the Lakers are Kobe's team and not Pau's.

Jenceman
05-05-2011, 01:34 PM
He needs to step up, big time, for the Lakers to even have a chance at coming back this series.

king4day
05-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Where the option for, "The teams they are playing match up far better with them this year then in years past"?

PLAYERS FAN
05-05-2011, 02:42 PM
i guess he's just fine with having just 2 championship rings thats why he aint playing 100%

Him, and many others.

John Walls Era
05-05-2011, 02:45 PM
in Memphs

:rolleyes: Thank you so much. You're so credible.

stlbest5in2013
05-05-2011, 03:37 PM
so when he is playing bad its because of an old injury. so when he is on fire is it because of PED's?

stlbest5in2013
05-05-2011, 03:39 PM
in Memphs

can i get this in english........................TRANSLATOR!?!?!?!?! ?

D1JM
05-05-2011, 03:48 PM
He was putting good numbers in November because they had the easiest schedule and Bynum wasn't playing yet.

Bruno
05-05-2011, 04:44 PM
I have no idea. It wouldn't surprise me; he's putting up the worst post-season of his entire career. This Laker team doesn't have a cemented second option any more, just three guys who take turns being the 2nd guy on any given night; it's terrible for the teams consistency and chemistry.

J4KOP99
05-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Injury, I don't think so? Fatigued and completely worn down after these past 4 seasons... much more likely.

Pau's a wannabe doctor and a huge *****, if he was hurt, he'd sit out and not risk anything further.

(btw, as a Lakers fan, I so badly want Pau to prove us all wrong, and he usually does... but it doesn't seem too likely this time around.)

Tony_Starks
05-05-2011, 05:09 PM
IMO it was a huge mistake putting him on Dirk. I would've put Artest on him from the jump. Let Dirk go for 50 and shut down everyone else. Putting Pau on him is a lose-lose. Dirk is still getting his points and meanwhile Gasol is expending too much energy defedning him. Whats Gasol putting up like 10 or 12 shots a game? Thats not going to cut it at all, he's gotta get up at least 16 shots.

sep11ie
05-05-2011, 05:25 PM
I dunno, but he sure is playin ugly.

jimbobjarree
05-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Hellcrooner is just making excuses for his boyfriend. Pointless thread.

this

Gibby23
05-05-2011, 05:27 PM
He was putting good numbers in November because they had the easiest schedule and Bynum wasn't playing yet.

Does JordanBulls help you write your posts? You make no sense.

SportsFanatic10
05-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Pauls not the most physical PF obviously but I'm pretty sure hes got some sort of leg/ankle thing going on. There's times he could dunk like normal and he weakly lays it up and misses. I think he is having trouble getting his usual lift in my opinion.

Jewelz0376
05-05-2011, 06:04 PM
I'm old school when it comes to injuries..

If your on the court playing there are NO EXCUSES...(obviously there are some exceptions to this)....

I find it hard to believe that Pau would have that bad of an injury and yet nobody in the teams media would know about it or say anything...At least to stick up for him since he's getting killed by everyone... You don't think anyone would see him getting treatment for this "injury"...

I believe Pau might be "hurt" but i don't think he's "injured"... There's a difference...Every1 is hurt this time of year...The great/tough players find a way to get thru it...

Pau just needs to man up...The series isn't over yet, so he still has a chance to come thru...but the way the playoffs have been going I doubt he will...

ShiroRX
05-05-2011, 06:06 PM
More like loudly playing ******.

CountSackula
05-05-2011, 06:53 PM
If he really is hurt then he should sit down, because he is hurting the team more than helping at this point. It would also save him some self respect because he looks like a 7' 260 lb. gine out there.

As for me, I think it could be chemistry issues with Andrew Bynum. What I don't understand is that when Pau is in there with Odom, he still refuses to go to the block. He's very frustrating to watch right now.

Lakerhead4ever
05-05-2011, 08:25 PM
People that are giving up on pau are ridiculous. and if u are a laker fan and your saying trade pau then u should be traded to another team.

people forget that even though hes soft, he still wins rings. *uck the label soft, being a tough guy doesn't win you a championship. this guy is a 20 10 guy. and when hes at his best, there not alot of PF's better than him.

phil already said he has some health issues in the NO series. and sorry but everyone isnt kobe, and can play injured.

us REAL laker fans know what the issue is..our bench, and (hate to say it phil jackson)

I support pau and will continue to do so as long as hes in a purple and gold jersey

Lakers + Giants
05-05-2011, 08:35 PM
If being a ***** counts as being injured then yes. I still wouldn't trade im though. Lets get Dwight. :sigh:

shep33
05-05-2011, 08:39 PM
Pau seems like he's physically and emotionally fatigued. 14 ppg in the playoffs is absolutely bizarre for a player of his caliber. People can say that he doesn't get enough shots, but I urge you just to watch the Lakers play. Pau gets his touches, but for some reason he isn't doing anything with them, I mean he's also shooting 45% which is bad for a big man, and defensively he's getting ripped apart. Landry owned him in round 1, i don't think he's hurt... I just think he's exhausted, he's not even coming close to his season averages.

--23--
05-05-2011, 09:30 PM
He's just soft and tired of Kobe hitting him upside his head lol

NBAfan4life
05-05-2011, 09:54 PM
He is playing like ish. He needs to step and play to half of his potential, we have not seen that yet in this series.

mzgrizz
05-05-2011, 11:36 PM
totally believable:rolleyes:

I don't quite believe any of that. Pau wanted so badly to leave Memphis and got his wish. Can't figure if anyone of his family are here(except Marc) anymore because the youngest brother Adria did not return to Memphis for his junior year in HS. Doubt his parents stayed either. No longer see them as regularly as they did at the games. OR..... maybe that is the reason he might want to come back. Who knows? I hate to see him decline for whatever reason.

mzgrizz
05-05-2011, 11:39 PM
Thats a storng posibility.

i wonder if we get eliminated if KObe tyring to put the **** on gasol and not him willl make a Trade Pau or Trade me tirade and commit a Fatal mistake like Trading Pau somwhere that later trade shim for Boozer

Whoa !!!!!!!!! Isn't that what happened with Shaq?

Kevj77
05-05-2011, 11:47 PM
Pau is not hurt. He is just softer than ever. Pau isn't even trying to fight for position in the paint and is settling for 15 foot jumpers. He looks mentally and physically exhasted.

Pau is the type of player that could never lead a team because of his softness, but he has been the perfect 2nd option in LA. Right now he isn't even playing good enough to be a reliable 2nd option and so the Lakers are in a world of hurt and most of it is on Gasol.

Raph12
05-06-2011, 12:19 AM
It's mental, no reason why he can't put up atleast 15-10 on Dirk...

sharqstealth
05-06-2011, 12:26 AM
Let's not make excuses here. Nothings wrong with Pau, he's just SOFT! Regular season is DIFFERENT from the playoffs. Playoff time, the big boys get tougher, and this is where Pau succumbs to to guys because he's just simply soft! Notice how he yells every time he makes a move inside to make him look tough, but still he looks like a marshmallow, falling down on his knees most of the time.

Kobes a Killer
05-06-2011, 12:40 AM
Whatever is wrong with him is killing us, literally destroying us. Him and our crap bench. I expect this series to go no less than 6 games. Mavs win in 6 or we win in 7

salmonleg
05-06-2011, 12:50 AM
He's not hurt.
Phil wouldn't be playing his mind games with him in the press if he was hurt.

CountSackula
05-06-2011, 12:56 AM
lol well here's your answer:

The Los Angeles Lakers are struggling big time…They are down 2-0 to the Mavericks and on the verge of having their threepeat dreams go down in flames…Now I know why… One of their star players has been playing extremely sub-par…We often don’t think athletes personal lives spill over into their work, but it happens just as often as regular folk…Case in point, Lakers Forward Pau Gasol…He’s been playing average at best the last few weeks, and my Lakers source is telling me Pau is in the middle of a bad break up with his girlfriend Silvia Lopez Castro…The Lakers fans have noticed Pau’s lack of energy and hustle…He was booed by the Staples Center crowd for most of the second half last night…My source goes on to say Pau is feeling seriously bad over Silvia dumping him…He’s not acting like himself and his teammates can see it on the court…It’s gotta sting getting dumped Pau, but getting swept will hurt a lot more. -TO

http://www.terezowens.com/paus-playoff-struggles-result-of-girlfriend-breakup/#respond

tredigs
05-06-2011, 01:54 AM
Interesting how the Laker can't compete when Gasol isn't playing out of this world, eh?

Food for thought.

Bruno
05-06-2011, 02:10 AM
Interesting how the Laker can't compete when Gasol isn't playing out of this world, eh?

Food for thought.

Every offense needs it's balance. Gasol plays a huge part in the triangle.

But to say "out of this world"? All the Lakers need from his is to post his averages; his PER is a full five points below his season average, and his TS% is nearly 10 full percentage points below what he posted in the regular season.

With that being said, if Gasol were playing at the level he should, and Bryant was posting a TS% ten points below his average, the team wouldn't stand a chance either. Every player needs to play to their abilities. But you're right; he's extremely important to the success of the Lakers.

Bruno
05-06-2011, 02:18 AM
^without Pau Gasol, who are the Lakers?

A team with an aging super-star, an injury prone center with all-star potential, a 6th man who is proving again this post-season why he's never been an all-star, an unpredictable starting SF who is seven years removed from a D.P.O.Y award, a 36 year old PG, and a mediocre bench at best.

The purple and gold need the big spaniard, and they need him to play like an all-star, that's for sure.

Hellcrooner
05-06-2011, 03:12 AM

Food for thought.

oh but hr was barely a role player and all the merit of the rigns belonged to "that dude" didnt you know?

mzgrizz
05-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Truth hurts

SteBO
05-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Pau needs to get his act together and play well tonight. No excuses. Kobe is doing all he can to keep his team in these games, but Pau needs to hold up his end of the bargain. He's too good a player to be performing like this.

DoJoTheSlasher
05-06-2011, 10:46 AM
If we can use that excuse for Gasol then we can use that excuse for Dirk vs. Golden State 4 years ago...

No he is playing like the player he is. Star of an 8th seed from years ago who is now going up against the best PF in the game and a top 5 Power Forward of all time.

Law25
05-06-2011, 10:53 AM

Food for thought.

:eyebrow: Jordan couldnt win without Pippen, West or Wilt without each other, Wade without the reffs, so on and so on. It takes more than one star to win it all. Thats why Boston formed the team they did in 08, the Heat and Knicks this year. Thats real food for thought. Pots and pans, ovenbaked knowledge. Not McDonalds.

DoJoTheSlasher
05-06-2011, 11:16 AM
lol well here's your answer:

http://www.terezowens.com/paus-playoff-struggles-result-of-girlfriend-breakup/#respond

Wanna compare? Dirk was going through the whole Crystal Taylor incident right at the Nuggets playoff series. How did Dirk respond?

5 games
34.4 ppg
11.6 rpg
4.0 apg

cwilson21
05-06-2011, 11:20 AM
No. He's just loudly playing soft.

Gibby23
05-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Wanna compare? Dirk was going through the whole Crystal Taylor incident right at the Nuggets playoff series. How did Dirk respond?

5 games
34.4 ppg
11.6 rpg
4.0 apg

That doesn't count. Dirk was with a hooker.

MrfadeawayJB
05-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Let's not make excuses here. Nothings wrong with Pau, he's just SOFT! Regular season is DIFFERENT from the playoffs. Playoff time, the big boys get tougher, and this is where Pau succumbs to to guys because he's just simply soft! Notice how he yells every time he makes a move inside to make him look tough, but still he looks like a marshmallow, falling down on his knees most of the time.

:laugh:

Jaji
05-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Yeah. His pride is hurting.

heathonater
05-06-2011, 02:25 PM
who knows. he's obviously healthy enough to play, so there's no real excuse for him to play this softly. kobe has played in the league for 15 years and has some wear and tear on his body, yet he keeps producing at the same level.

Hellcrooner
05-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Aparently the answer is number 4.

It seems the breakup thing has happend because of the wife of one of the teamates and that Pau and that Teamate have had a strong falling of.

Since bench players wifes matter 0 it means he is on troubel with kobe or odom.

Tarheels23
05-06-2011, 02:44 PM
I'm still in absolute shock that Gasol likes women!!!!

gsgs49
05-06-2011, 04:29 PM
I'm still in absolute shock that Gasol likes women!!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

COOLbeans
05-06-2011, 05:02 PM
N.O.

Stop making excuses, they're not the best team in the league anymore.

kArSoN RyDaH
05-06-2011, 09:32 PM
Pau is just being a ***.

He needs to man up and stop being so god damn sensitive and butt hurt to anything.

We're on a way to a 3peat and he's playing like he doesn't give 2 ***** about what's going on!!

JiffyMix88
05-06-2011, 09:38 PM
IDC If he is or isn't injuried he's in the game