PDA

View Full Version : Who still believes Bulls win it all in 2011

Il Mago50
05-05-2011, 02:00 AM
Simple enough, who thinks this team can get past the Heat and win the title against whoever comes out of the west?

Afridi786
05-05-2011, 02:03 AM
Our two best offensive players are playing hurt, and we're not a good offensive team to begin with, it's going to be real tough.

jimbobjarree
05-05-2011, 02:04 AM
what do you mean 'still'?

sargon21
05-05-2011, 02:08 AM
Depends on our health, basically if Rose can play like he has all year, which right now, he's not doing.

RZZZA
05-05-2011, 02:08 AM
I don't think even most Bulls fans ever expected us to win the championship this year. I always thought the expectation was to just win the East, and many bulls fans had us losing in 6 or 7 to the Lakers

Shalmibball
05-05-2011, 02:10 AM
Have not played great but its all matchups... we will see

itsripcity32
05-05-2011, 02:12 AM
I NEVER believed!

itsripcity32
05-05-2011, 02:13 AM
I don't think even most Bulls fans ever expected us to win the championship this year. I always thought the expectation was to just win the East, and many bulls fans had us losing in 6 or 7 to Joe Johnson

fixed :D

Bullsfan22
05-05-2011, 02:14 AM
random...

WHODAT8o8
05-05-2011, 02:16 AM
Simple enough, who thinks this team can get past the Heat and win the title against whoever comes out of the west?

First off the bos mia series isnt over yet.
Second, never believed the bulls would win the 2011 championship

Chacarron
05-05-2011, 02:16 AM
They way things are going, nobody can stop the Heat.

D1JM
05-05-2011, 02:19 AM
the bulls should first come out of the second round then we should talk. same thing with miami

RZZZA
05-05-2011, 02:20 AM

that can all change tomorrow...these things change on a dime

not so long ago the spurs were the best team in the NBA and the Heat were in the midst of a 5 game losing streak and crying in the locker room and the heat fans were walking around here with "fire spo!" sigs.

nysportsfan1025
05-05-2011, 02:23 AM
no way.. dallas heat final with dirk and kidd finally getting their championship.. chandler and haywood will clog the paint and force lechoke and dwade into tough jumpers while dirk fades away with clutch jumpers throughout the series.. dallas in 6

dnewguy
05-05-2011, 02:26 AM
that can all change tomorrow...these things change on a dime

not so long ago the spurs were the best team in the NBA and the Heat were in the midst of a 5 game losing streak and crying in the locker room and the heat fans were walking around here with "fire spo!" sigs.

this

SportsFanatic10
05-05-2011, 02:30 AM
the celtics and heat are playing for the right to represent the east in the finals right now in my opinion. as good as the bulls are they're not quite good enough. of course i know the bulls fans are about to go off on me with replies but remember its just an opinion.

ChiSox219
05-05-2011, 02:31 AM
I do, it's them or OKC, been that way since the Perkins trade

DamnGoat
05-05-2011, 02:36 AM
I think they can, but they definitely have to play better. They've shot poorly in most of their Playoff games, Boozer's been injured and/or ineffective most of the games & whether he'll admit it or not that ankle is bothering Rose.

It's a little absurd to assume the Heat are already in the Finals though...or at least that's the impression I'm getting from some of these posts. They're doing better than I expected against Boston, but that series isn't over yet. They're doing what you're supposed to do with HCA, there's a good chance Boston does the same thing.

FriedTofuz
05-05-2011, 02:36 AM
No. Derrick rose wont be able to carry them. Boozer needs to step up, because hes been terrible offensivly. Right now chicago is barely passing through this series. Miami has 3 go to options and will win.

da1nonlydre16
05-05-2011, 02:45 AM
no way.. dallas heat final with dirk and kidd finally getting their championship.. chandler and haywood will clog the paint and force lechoke and dwade into tough jumpers while dirk fades away with clutch jumpers throughout the series.. dallas in 6

"lechoke and dwade" are in the second round and up 2-0 on the celtics, something Melo, Stat and the Knicks couldnt do, they got swept, let the playoffs ride and quit the predictions. You probly were "lechokes" biggest fan before he joined the heat

DaBear
05-05-2011, 03:00 AM
The Bulls still have a good shot of winning it all. People should know by now they play down to their level of competition. They did it all year in the regular season, and when it came time to play elite teams they won most of those games. The Miami sweep was not an aberration at all. It just showed what this team could do. I'm sure most people would expect Miami to beat the Bulls at this point, but I still think the Bulls beat the Heat in a 7 game series and their front court and bench has a lot to do with that. Lets see how the second round plays out first.

TheRunKiller
05-05-2011, 03:05 AM
fixed :D

you're not very good at trolling that was weak

TheRunKiller
05-05-2011, 03:08 AM
No. Derrick rose wont be able to carry them. Boozer needs to step up, because hes been terrible offensivly. Right now chicago is barely passing through this series. Miami has 3 go to options and will win.

rupaul bosh is not a go to guy

itsripcity32
05-05-2011, 03:14 AM
you're not very good at trolling that was weak

bc i dont troll dawg. quit getting on my butt :(

cubswin25
05-05-2011, 03:40 AM

It's still possible, but first they need to get past the Hawks. One thing people need to realize is the Bulls win ugly a lot and win a lot of close games. They aren't a great offensive team, especially with Boozer struggling. So most of the games they are only going to score between 88-99 points. Yes they are capable of having big offensive games. But most of the time they are gonna be a high 80s to high 90s offense. So they need to keep teams they are facing scoring in 80s or 90 at most to win games most of the time. So when their defense is allowing 100 plus points like they did Monday and they aren't winning on the boards. Well they could be beat by just about any team.

The biggest mistake fans make when comparing the Bulls vs how they are playing vs one team and trying to compare how they would fair against another team. Well it doesn't work like that in the NBA. You can't say oh the Bulls only allowed 86 points to the Heat, so a bad team should only score 70. Or say oh wow the Pacers scored 95 points on the Bulls defense, the Celtics would have scored 110 if they were facing the Bulls. Well it just doesn't work like that in the NBA. Especially not with a team like the Bulls. Who success is how well they play on defense and rebound on that given day and how well their shooting the ball. It's not like their offense gets shut down by top defenses. It gets shut down by bad shooting, that happens against the good defenses and the bad defenses. So I dunno how far the Bulls could go or if they can beat the Heat/Celtics or win in the finals. I say we will see what happens if/when we get to that point. But I think fans are mistaken if they watch the Bulls play in the first two rounds and say well if our team was playing them we would blow them out. Because from what we have to go on in the regular season, the Bulls often play this same way against the good, average and even that way against the bad teams at times. So don't be surprised at all, if the Bulls/Hawks, Bulls/Pacers series look the same as a Bulls/Heat or Bulls/Celtics series(If the Bulls get past the Hawks) Just look at the regular season games vs the remaining playoff teams

Heat
W-99-96, Bulls obviously didn't play best defense with Lebron not playing
W-93-89
W-87-86

Celtics
L-110-105 in OT
L-104-92-both loses came early in season when this team was still gelling
W-90-79
W-97-81

Hawks
L-83-80- blew 17 point half time lead
W-94-76
W-114-81

Lakers
L-98-91(came early in the season when team was still gelling)
W-88-84

Mavs
W-88-83
W-82-77

Thunder
L-106-95-1st game of season, different Bulls team today
W-99-90

Grizzlies
W-96-84
W-99-96

So considering how these remaining playoff teams have played against the Bulls this year(pretty similar to Pacers/Hawks playoff games thus far). I don't think you can count the Bulls out from winning it all just yet. With their defense/rebounding they are capable of beating anyone if they have a good series shooting the ball.

Antipod
05-05-2011, 04:49 AM

this

ilovemyangel
05-05-2011, 06:19 AM
if it helps you sleep at night, then i would say......... no.

SANTHI
05-05-2011, 07:45 AM
I just don't think our team is ready to win it all. Before the season started I said "this year?? nah. Next year? probably"

Wasn't gonna be surprised if we made it to The Finals though.

kozelkid
05-05-2011, 08:13 AM
I just don't think our team is ready to win it all. Before the season started I said "this year?? nah. Next year? probably"

Wasn't gonna be surprised if we made it to The Finals though.

If we make it to the finals, we will win. I will make that guarantee. If Miami and Chicago end up playing in ECF, they will pretty much be the two teams that will likely win it all imo.

justinnum1
05-05-2011, 08:48 AM
Hell no. Miami's defense is better than the bulls and their offense is better than the bulls. Chicago would lose this series in 5 maybe 6 if they got lucky. But this is a much better heat team than even a month ago, and boston has really struggled to beat mediocre teams in the playoffs. the fact that rose isnt 100% and boozer is nowhere to be seen, the bulls should be lucky to get out of the 2nd round.

midwestmadman
05-05-2011, 09:08 AM
From watching virutally every Bulls game this season I am not shocked they have played close games and even dropped two so far. The Bulls always play to the level of thier competition, as most teams do. I do think healthy or not they can still beat the Heat, in fact how is Miami's record against Chicago this year again Heat fans.. that's right 0 for 4. I know you will say: Well the C's beat us 3-1 and we now lead them 2-0" there is a big difference there, the C's were 3-0 against you when they had Perkins and the size advantge, they traded that away allowing your bigs to play more physical against them. This isn't same C's team that owned you all year. By moving Perkins the C's lost thier toughness no one would argue that because it has been evident ever since they played thier first game without him. As for Chicago Vs. the Heat, I think it will be a good series, but what will the Heat do when they face adversity? Probably what they did during the regular season, choke in crunch time and complain that they didn't get enough whistles.

justinnum1
05-05-2011, 09:16 AM
From watching virutally every Bulls game this season I am not shocked they have played close games and even dropped two so far. The Bulls always play to the level of thier competition, as most teams do. I do think healthy or not they can still beat the Heat, in fact how is Miami's record against Chicago this year again Heat fans.. that's right 0 for 4. I know you will say: Well the C's beat us 3-1 and we now lead them 2-0" there is a big difference there, the C's were 3-0 against you when they had Perkins and the size advantge, they traded that away allowing your bigs to play more physical against them. This isn't same C's team that owned you all year. By moving Perkins the C's lost thier toughness no one would argue that because it has been evident ever since they played thier first game without him. As for Chicago Vs. the Heat, I think it will be a good series, but what will the Heat do when they face adversity? Probably what they did during the regular season, choke in crunch time and complain that they didn't get enough whistles.

:facepalm: This whole post is a massive fail, way to much bull ****. If the bulls/heat series started today, we would steamroll you guys, not being a hater just being real. And the bulls dont play up or down, they just dont have the extra gear that champions have.

and perkins never played agasint us, he was injured. Wade and lebron will attack the paint on boston all game long. If noah gets in foul trouble the series will be a sweep. If boozer continues to suc, it will be a sweep. Unless rose gives 30/10/5 it will be a sweep........

pacofunk64
05-05-2011, 09:23 AM
It's gonna be tough to get by the Heat (if they advance). They are playing the best of any of the playoff teams right now. If the Heat win this championship this year it could be a long run.

SteBO
05-05-2011, 09:23 AM

We've faced adversity all year bud, and we've overcome them to the point where we're playing great basketball right now. Perkins played in only one of the Celtics' wins this year, and that was the third meeting when they won @BOS 85-82. The other two meetings, Perkins was absent, so your logic is flawed on that front.

The Bulls can beat the Heat, no doubt, but that doesn't mean they will. Congratulations on beating the Heat 3-0 in the REGULAR SEASON. That doesn't prove anything in the "here and now" portion of the season. I could come back at you and say that Derrick Rose does practically everything for that team, and I can guarantee you MIA will come up with something to slow his down on a "team defense" front, something that ATL and IND simply don't have at this point. MIA hasn't once complained about FT's so I don't where you're getting this from. MIA won't have to worry about that anyway, because LeBron and Wade are both great slashers to the basket and will get to the line. Noone else on the Bulls outside Rose can so that consistently. I'm afraid.

Tarheels23
05-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Noone is beating the Heat.... throw wade or lebron on rose and that is that

mikealike305
05-05-2011, 09:52 AM
It's gonna be tough to get by the Heat (if they advance). They are playing the best of any of the playoff teams right now. If the Heat win this championship this year it could be a long run.

this

JUMPMANxAIRS
05-05-2011, 10:03 AM
never believed.

Big Zo
05-05-2011, 10:24 AM

Congratulations Chicago Bulls! 2011 Regular Season Champions! :win:

JordansBulls
05-05-2011, 10:38 AM
I don't think even most Bulls fans ever expected us to win the championship this year. I always thought the expectation was to just win the East, and many bulls fans had us losing in 6 or 7 to the Lakers

Not me. When you have HCA throughout I don't see why the hell you would doubt your team. You think Phoenix doubted themselves in 2005 when they had the best record or Detroit in 2006?

ManRam
05-05-2011, 10:40 AM
I thought they'd make it out of the East, but I can't see it happening now. Their offense isn't good enough, period.

I think Miami can topple them if they can consistently get to 90 points, which I think they can. They just need one other person (Jones in game 1, Chalmers in game 2 etc.) and they'll be fine.

d00d
05-05-2011, 10:42 AM

the Mavs did and can.

levignjw
05-05-2011, 10:47 AM
no

SteBO
05-05-2011, 10:47 AM
the Mavs did and can.

Mavs have really made me eat crow lately. They would definitely be a problem for the Heat. I don't think they can defend Wade and LeBron well enough, but nobody can match up with Dirk well enough either, and Jason Terry has a history of killing the Heat.

Eightyfive Y'aw
05-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Laker Fans go away. None of you ever thought the Bulls had a shot so you are troll baiting. You guys have been convinced of your 3peat all year while the rest of us have known better. I for one am not surprised at your series with the Mavs. And like SA your run is done. Time to retool Howard or whatever. PS I puke everytime you make MJ Kobe comparisons. Bahhahahahah.

Now about the thread!
I still think we can get to the finals. But I am doubting we win it all. Rose and Deng carry all the load and we truly need another weapon. So this year it is a toss up. Boozer does soo much bad it negates the good. Heat look real good and might be on that 8 ring run LBJ was talking about. LoL. I dont see the Celtics beating the Bulls, Heat, or Hawks. Honest the Celts are good but waning and looked done last year until LeBron went sissy about his momma's love life. So the Bulls have as good or better shot than the rest but my money if I had to would be on the Heat.

Cool007
05-05-2011, 11:08 AM
Right now, all things point to Dallas vs Miami finals. These 2 teams are playing at the highest level of any teams in the playoffs.

With that said, a lot can change in a week. I am losing my faith in the Bulls team. The injuries are really taking a toll on the team.

Our both 1st and 2nd options are hurt and playing worst stretch of the basketball since like forever. I have never seen Rose shoot this bad for this long EVER. He just needs a great shooting game to get out of this funk and get him going. He has hit a wall after carrying the team all year long.

Boozer's turf-toe is really limiting himself, I wish Bulls just sit him for a week and use Gibson or Kurt Thomas instead.

So no, right now all things point to Bulls not going anywhere. Let them win this round first and we will see what happens after that.

DITKA4GOV
05-05-2011, 11:25 AM
D. Rose and the bulls have been doubted all year. It is not going to change now. Heat fans are quick to forget the reg season. The heat played there ***** off, trying to beat the bulls. All they got was a couple of losses and cry-gate. The bulls all season have played to the level of there competition. One thing to note is they have not lost three in a row or lost two in a row at home all year. Its premature to talk bulls-heat, But heat fans getting ahead of themselves is funny. The bulls have yet to lose to the heat, so I reserve judgement until it happends. I think it would be a great series in which the bulls win in 6. To much ISO for the heat would play right into the bulls hands, like it did all year.

LakersIn5
05-05-2011, 11:29 AM
i neve believed that the bulls will win it all. i actually have them losing in the 2nd round

SteBO
05-05-2011, 11:31 AM
D. Rose and the bulls have been doubted all year. It is not going to change now. Heat fans are quick to forget the reg season. The heat played there ***** off, trying to beat the bulls. All they got was a couple of losses and cry-gate. The bulls all season have played to the level of there competition. One thing to note is they have not lost three in a row or lost two in a row at home all year. Its premature to talk bulls-heat, But heat fans getting ahead of themselves is funny. The bulls have yet to lose to the heat, so I reserve judgement until it happends. I think it would be a great series in which the bulls win in 6. To much ISO for the heat would play right into the bulls hands, like it did all year.

I beg to differ.

LakersIn5
05-05-2011, 11:36 AM
I beg to differ.

i agree cuz if the heat did then they would have won. heat > bulls. bulls fans stop talking about the regular season. its playoff time! and in the playoffs the heat are the best team right now. and the bulls are actually having a hard time beating their opponents. and dont even go to the DERRICK ROSE IS INJURED excuse because it would not make any difference. his playing like this right now because he really aint that good and he is overated. he is an iverson wannabe. AI>>>ROSE

DITKA4GOV
05-05-2011, 11:42 AM
i agree cuz if the heat did then they would have won. heat > bulls. bulls fans stop talking about the regular season. its playoff time! and in the playoffs the heat are the best team right now. and the bulls are actually having a hard time beating their opponents. and dont even go to the DERRICK ROSE IS INJURED excuse because it would not make any difference. his playing like this right now because he really aint that good and he is overated. he is an iverson wannabe. AI>>>ROSE

Yeah, your right. Most sissys cry after losing a game that didn't mean anything. Jeez people. The games in March were high intensity, regardless of what you want to believe.

justinnum1
05-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Yeah, your right. Most sissys cry after losing a game that didn't mean anything. Jeez people. The games in March were high intensity, regardless of what you want to believe.

Wake up, this is no the same heat team as a month ago. The sky is the limit for this team, while the bulls have hit their max gear. The bulls have yet to show they have a second gear. First we have to take care of the celtics, and you guys have to try and get home court back, so we can save the bickering for another time.

SteBO
05-05-2011, 11:47 AM

What does crygate have to do with the playoffs? Playoffs didn't start in march, we're now in May. Get past the regular season and focus on now.

Jaji
05-05-2011, 11:49 AM
Still? I don't know too many who thought they would in the first place. Sans the homers of course.

mttwlsn16
05-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Miami easily heading to the finals, beating dallas in 6 at best. Its not going to be close, IMO

justinnum1
Still? I don't know too many who thought they would in the first place. Sans the homers of course.

they played balls out all year, they maxed out, and they had great chemistry...but this is they playoffs.

JordansBulls

We were 3-0 against Miami this season, but other than that, good stuff here.

DITKA4GOV
05-05-2011, 11:54 AM
My point is for heat fans to say they breezed thru the bulls matchups during the season is illogical. The games in March were playoff atmosphere, high intensity games as everyone was jockeying for seed position. Obviously like I said before, this is all premature. Bulls do have to gain hc back. I still think bulls beat hawks in 5. Bulls heat series will be epic, 7 game series. Repeating myself but bulls have yet to lose three games in a row or two home games in a row. Defense is tough against ISO teams. Only time will tell if ring chasing superstars or a team team is the better route to go when building a championship caliber team.

mttwlsn16
05-05-2011, 11:55 AM

aka lebron would shut him down defending the iso, they he would own going at chicago iso

mikealike305
05-05-2011, 12:06 PM
D.Rose is not himself right now. if that ankle doesnt get better by the series with miami, the bulls are in trouble. their D won that game last night but that D will only take them so far

Hangtime
05-05-2011, 12:17 PM
I never had the Bulls winning it all to begin with even when Rose was healthy and spectacular. I was never concerned about Rose, it's the other guys.

Gibby23
05-05-2011, 12:22 PM
They better win it this year because they will not be a better team next year. Boozer isn't going to be better, Deng is playing his best ball in years, Noha is going to be the same, and Rose will be or should be alittle better.

cubswin25
05-05-2011, 12:31 PM
This whole post is a massive fail, way to much bull ****. If the bulls/heat series started today, we would steamroll you guys, not being a hater just being real. And the bulls dont play up or down, they just dont have the extra gear that champions have.

Keep running your mouth and you will likely continue to eat crow. Before the season started you were talking up the Heat like they were going to be unstoppable. Then you were saying the same crap at times during the season. Seriously how many times did you say the Bulls couldn't beat them this year? Or couldn't finish with a better record? Back in January you were trying to tell people the Bulls were going to finish 4th in the East. And all other kinds of crap like that. Then all of the sudden you shut up and were humbled. But I guess being 2-0 on the Celtics makes you feel the team is unstoppable again. I guess you haven't learned your lesson. So my advice for you is be quiet and see if your team can win in Boston. Then if it happens to be Bulls vs Heat in the ECF, how about you see if the Heat can actually beat the Bulls in a game first(something they haven't done this season). Rather then saying they would stream roll them by comparing the way you have played the Celtics compared to the way we have played the Hawks. Especially since that's a terrible way to judge how one team would fair against another team.

cubswin25
05-05-2011, 12:33 PM
They better win it this year because they will not be a better team next year. Boozer isn't going to be better, Deng is playing his best ball in years, Noha is going to be the same, and Rose will be or should be alittle better.

I disagree, I think Deng is finally coming into his own at 25-26 and guys like Noah/Rose haven't hit their prime yet. Boozer still in his prime, so we will see if he can rebound next season after finishing this year poor. But don't forget they will upgrade the SG position this off season. They didn't do it at the deadline, because they felt they would be good for a while and could upgrade the position better this off season.

Gibby23
05-05-2011, 12:40 PM
I disagree, I think Deng is finally coming into his own at 25-26 and guys like Noah/Rose haven't hit their prime yet. Boozer still in his prime, so we will see if he can rebound next season after finishing this year poor. But don't forget they will upgrade the SG position this off season. They didn't do it at the deadline, because they felt they would be good for a while and could upgrade the position better this off season.

They can upgrade, but so can Miami and they are going to be a monster for the next 5 years.

cubswin25
05-05-2011, 12:46 PM
They can upgrade, but so can Miami and they are going to be a monster for the next 5 years.

It depends on what they can get, they still have no cap space. If the NBA owners win, then they are totally screwed in the future. Even if everything stays the same, I dunno how much they can improve. They still don't have much money to bring in better players then they currently have on the roster. The Bulls have a little cap space and midlevel they can use this off season. They Heat are going to have neither and no first round draft picks.

still1ballin
05-05-2011, 12:48 PM
If Lakers don't win, I hope to God Bulls win it.

RZZZA
05-05-2011, 12:51 PM
why not just wait and see what happens? Bulls and Heat haven't played a single game yet in the post season and already the crap talking has begun.

Heat fans, show a little respect to the team that managed to beat you 3 times.

SteBO
05-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Keep running your mouth and you will likely continue to eat crow. Before the season started you were talking up the Heat like they were going to be unstoppable. Then you were saying the same crap at times during the season. Seriously how many times did you say the Bulls couldn't beat them this year? Or couldn't finish with a better record? Back in January you were trying to tell people the Bulls were going to finish 4th in the East. And all other kinds of crap like that. Then all of the sudden you shut up and were humbled. But I guess being 2-0 on the Celtics makes you feel the team is unstoppable again. I guess you haven't learned your lesson. So my advice for you is be quiet and see if your team can win in Boston. Then if it happens to be Bulls vs Heat in the ECF, how about you see if the Heat can actually beat the Bulls in a game first(something they haven't done this season). Rather then saying they would stream roll them by comparing the way you have played the Celtics compared to the way we have played the Hawks. Especially since that's a terrible way to judge how one team would fair against another team.

True, but you have to admit Miami is playing better ball than they ever have all season long. The Bulls haven't faced this Heat team, with the focus and attention they have now. We have to get past BOS first of course, which is far from over, but MIA beating CHI isn't out of the realm of possibility, which is what some of the Bulls fans here seem to think, which is the Bulls would beat the Heat handily. Another thing, yeah we haven't you guys this year, so what? That doesn't mean anything. People were the saying the same thing in regards to our play vs. BOS, and look at us now.

Muttman73
05-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Miami looks like the team to beat right now

D-Block21-Chito
05-05-2011, 01:00 PM
We've faced adversity all year bud, and we've overcome them to the point where we're playing great basketball right now. Perkins played in only one of the Celtics' wins this year, and that was the third meeting when they won @BOS 85-82. The other two meetings, Perkins was absent, so your logic is flawed on that front.

The Bulls can beat the Heat, no doubt, but that doesn't mean they will. Congratulations on beating the Heat 3-0 in the REGULAR SEASON. That doesn't prove anything in the "here and now" portion of the season. I could come back at you and say that Derrick Rose does practically everything for that team, and I can guarantee you MIA will come up with something to slow his down on a "team defense" front, something that ATL and IND simply don't have at this point. MIA hasn't once complained about FT's so I don't where you're getting this from. MIA won't have to worry about that anyway, because LeBron and Wade are both great slashers to the basket and will get to the line. Noone else on the Bulls outside Rose can so that consistently. I'm afraid.

haha ok man whatever you say

Can you imagine if bulls got sweeped in regular season by the heat? Wow heat fans would be pissing on us with hate even though I can't imagine how bulls could get anymore hate than they already do.

That said I do believe heat will win the series in 6 but still you miami fans need a heat check and be more humble. Not that hard to hate you guys for the most part

SteBO
05-05-2011, 01:02 PM
haha ok man whatever you say

Can you imagine if bulls got sweeped in regular season by the heat? Wow heat fans would be pissing on us with hate even though I can't imagine you bulls could get anymore hate than they already do.

That said I do belive heat will win the series is 6 but still you miami fans need a heat check and be more humble. Not that hard to hate you guys for the most part

I gave the Bulls their props in my post, so I don't know why you're "haha"-ing me. The immaturity and hating has gone both ways, it was never a one-way street.

RZZZA
05-05-2011, 01:04 PM
yeah, its insulting to hear Heat fans say "so what? you beat us 3 times in the regular season, it doesn't mean anything. Heat weren't even trying."

you don't notice that subtle attempt to diminish Bulls accomplishments? I think Bulls fans just want a little respect. Most Bulls fans are saying "Heat will be tough" but most Heat fans are saying "Bulls won't be tough, we'll steamroll them"...and they're saying this after being swept by us in the regular season.

its just a little disrespectful

Hawkeye15
05-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Its too early to count them out in my opinion. If Boozer can figure it out, and their bench can return to being a dominant force, they should be fine. They have the defense to shut teams down, they just need to get on the same page again offensively.

Everyone is hurt at this time of the year. That is sports. But the Bulls have got to find a way to get Boozer easy shots in places he likes, and their defense has got to put the wraps on again.

Do I think they will win it all? No. I don't think they will represent the east in the Finals, I think the Heat will. But I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to see the Bulls click and they win it all either.

Anyone who doesn't think the Bulls can win it better not think they won't give you the most hard fought series imagineable. If you do, that is just underrating them.

D-Block21-Chito
05-05-2011, 01:09 PM
^ Yup whatever tho. Bulls would squash heat if rose had wade playing next to him so just the fact that we could do as well as we did against you so far should have earned us respect, but they just don't see that. At least Delonte did me proud

SteBO
05-05-2011, 01:09 PM
yeah, its insulting to hear Heat fans say "so what? you beat us 3 times in the regular season, it doesn't mean anything. Heat weren't even trying."

you don't notice that subtle attempt to diminish Bulls accomplishments? I think Bulls fans just want a little respect. Most Bulls fans are saying "Heat will be tough" but most Heat fans are saying "Bulls won't be tough, we'll steamroll them"...and they're saying this after being swept by us in the regular season.

its just a little disrespectful

I could give you a list of Bulls fans that do exact same thing. It's also insulting to hear Bulls fans say to the Heat fanbase, "well we beat you guys 3 times, you still can't beat elte teams, and then the most original complaint in the book, " the refs gave you that game", in every single gamethread. To get respect you have to give it as well. Again, it goes both ways, not one. Moving along.........

On topic, the Bulls can still win the title this year, because their defense is that good, not to mention the great player they were fortunate to get in Derrick Rose.

Lil Half Dead
05-05-2011, 01:11 PM
I'm a diehard Bulls fan and I never thought we were winning the title this year. I think we could make it, but we haven't been ourselves at all during the playoffs, and Rose and Boozer are banged up. There are plenty of obstacles standing in their path to the finals, but honestly, they deserve to win it if they can overcome the adversity.

JordansBulls
05-05-2011, 01:11 PM

This. Also it is our best chance unless we get another star because we may not get the best record in the league again.

D-Block21-Chito
05-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Wow ^ Stebo, Actually a decent post... I take my jab back about delonte lol. Well maybe not to your justin fan here on PSD but yeah good post

cubswin25
05-05-2011, 01:47 PM
True, but you have to admit Miami is playing better ball than they ever have all season long. The Bulls haven't faced this Heat team, with the focus and attention they have now. We have to get past BOS first of course, which is far from over, but MIA beating CHI isn't out of the realm of possibility, which is what some of the Bulls fans here seem to think, which is the Bulls would beat the Heat handily. Another thing, yeah we haven't you guys this year, so what? That doesn't mean anything. People were the saying the same thing in regards to our play vs. BOS, and look at us now.

I'm not sure if the Heat are playing their best basketball of the season or not. They had a lot of good stretches during the regular season and got on some nice winning streaks then too. But they also had some stretches were they struggled. So they could easily end up still getting beat in the playoffs. Plus yes the Heat have looked good at home for two games. But let's not forget they weren't exactly playing great basketball the final three games against the 76ers.

Also we really don't know how good the Celtics are at this point. Remember they were around a 500 the final two and half months of the season. So we don't know really how good they are right now. While the Bulls got better as the season went on. Which is another reason why you can't compare how one team would fair against another team. I don't think many Bulls fans are saying they could easily beat the Heat and if they are they don't really believe it. Most of that talk is due to Heat fans bashing the Bulls. So they fire back with comments like that. All I'm gonna say is, If they teams face each other we will have to see what happens. But any Heat fan who believes the Heat will streamroll the Bulls is just being silly and right there will Bulls fans saying they will easily beat the Heat because they were 3-0 in the regular season.

mdm692
05-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Why not bulls have owned the eastern conference all year as long as rose gets 100% nd boozer finds some rythm they will tough to beat

JordansBulls
05-05-2011, 01:52 PM

True, but the Bulls have guys that can shut down Lebron and Wade in Deng and Bogans. Well Bogans can't really shut down Wade, but Wade doesn't play great at the UC.

SteBO
05-05-2011, 01:53 PM
I'm not sure if the Heat are playing their best basketball of the season or not. They had a lot of good stretches during the regular season and got on some nice winning streaks then too. But they also had some stretches were they struggled. So they could easily end up still getting beat in the playoffs. Plus yes the Heat have looked good at home for two games. But let's not forget they weren't exactly playing great basketball the final three games against the 76ers.

Also we really don't know how good the Celtics are at this point. Remember they were around a 500 the final two and half months of the season. So we don't know really how good they are right now. While the Bulls got better as the season went on. Which is another reason why you can't compare how one team would fair against another team. I don't think many Bulls fans are saying they could easily beat the Heat and if they are they don't really believe it. Most of that talk is due to Heat fans bashing the Bulls. So they fire back with comments like that. All I'm gonna say is, If they teams face each other we will have to see what happens. But any Heat fan who believes the Heat will streamroll the Bulls is just being silly and right there will Bulls fans saying they will easily beat the Heat because they were 3-0 in the regular season.

This is a post I respect and 100% agree with. Honestly, dude, you're better off just ignoring the Heat fans that say we'll steamroll past the Bulls. I know they play better against top competition, which is why I don't read too much in the their struggles(maybe) against the Hawks and Pacers. I just think MIA is playing better than they have most of the year. A lot of us think that if we get by BOS, we have a good or great chance at beating you guys as well. All the 3-0 record shows me is that the Bulls proved they can beat the Heat. Nothing more. But it doesn't always, in fact, hardly ever, translate into a playoff series, where both teams can just focus on one another, and not any other team, which is a difference between the regular season and postseason, that a lot of posters in this thread just don't seem to understand.

SteBO
05-05-2011, 01:56 PM
True, but the Bulls have guys that can shut down Lebron and Wade in Deng and Bogans. Well Bogans can't really shut down Wade, but Wade doesn't play great at the UC.

He's played good at the UC this year. But in no way can Deng shut down LeBron James. Nobody can shut down LeBron. But I will tell you that Deng is the only player in the league that can really compete defensively with LeBron as well as make him work on defense. I was never sold on Pierce's defense.

cubswin25
05-05-2011, 02:23 PM
This is a post I respect and 100% agree with. Honestly, dude, you're better off just ignoring the Heat fans that say we'll steamroll past the Bulls. I know they play better against top competition, which is why I don't read too much in the their struggles(maybe) against the Hawks and Pacers. I just think MIA is playing better than they have most of the year. A lot of us think that if we get by BOS, we have a good or great chance at beating you guys as well. All the 3-0 record shows me is that the Bulls proved they can beat the Heat. Nothing more. But it doesn't always, in fact, hardly ever, translate into a playoff series, where both teams can just focus on one another, and not any other team, which is a difference between the regular season and postseason, that a lot of posters in this thread just don't seem to understand.
Yeah all the 3-0 stuff shows that the Bulls are capable of beating the Heat. In those games they shot the ball in the 40s, out rebounded them and contained the big 3 to around 70 points. While shutting down mostly everyone else on the team. Along with the Bulls being clutch late in the game and the Heat not. So all that shows if the Bulls do those things again in the playoffs that the Bulls could beat them. But you can't exactly count on all of those things happening four times in a playoff series either.

The Bulls need to play well on both ends of the count for that to happen and need to get big shots. So anyone who thinks they can easily do all of that four times is kidding himself. Yes it can be done four times in a seven game series, but it's going to be very hard. One thing Bulls fans should keep in mind is the Heat were 0-3 vs the Celtics this year and now are 3-3. That said I don't think the Celtics are the same team as they were earlier in the season and feel the Bulls are now a the better team.Who's defense will make things tougher on the Heat, then the Celtics have the first two games. The series(if it happens) is going to come down how well the Bulls shoot,how much thr Heat can score on Bulls defense and what team is hitting the clutch shots.

Lil Half Dead
05-05-2011, 02:28 PM
He's played good at the UC this year. But in no way can Deng shut down LeBron James. Nobody can shut down LeBron. But I will tell you that Deng is the only player in the league that can really compete defensively with LeBron as well as make him work on defense. I was never sold on Pierce's defense.

Something changes in Luol when he's guarding LeBron. He doesn't like that dude:laugh2:

SteBO
05-05-2011, 02:30 PM
Something changes in Luol when he's guarding LeBron. He doesn't like that dude:laugh2:

Deng always plays well against the Heat :pity: He's the only player in the league that gets fired up against LeBron. He's killed us in every game this year.

RZZZA
05-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Deng is amazing, but I honestly think our entire team gets fired up when they face the Heat

Something about knowing that you have to face Lebron and Wade makes them go "ok, we have to bring our A game"

SteBO
05-05-2011, 02:36 PM
It's why in actuality, I'm dying for a Heat-Bulls ECF to happen. It would be the best series in the entire playoffs imo. Even Charles Barkely during the year called it his dream ECF this year. Part of it being he wants to fly back and forth to Miami and Chicago, since TNT is covering the eastern conference finals this year.

brad33240
05-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Can't imagine the Bulls beating the Heat 4 games in playoff style basketball. And then after that, they would have to beat LA/Dallas/OKC, which I don't see either.

It's certainly possible--if not probable--, but I don't see it.

brad33240
05-05-2011, 02:38 PM
It's why in actuality, I'm dying for a Heat-Bulls ECF to happen. It would be the best series in the entire playoffs imo. Even Charles Barkely during the year called it his dream ECF this year. Part of it being he wants to fly back and forth to Miami and Chicago, since TNT is covering the eastern conference finals this year.

Won't he be in the studio in Atlanta either way? I guess if TNT is only covering the ECF, he could def. make each game, but who knows?

RZZZA
05-05-2011, 02:42 PM
oh man we'll get to see a lot of chuck, im so glad. dude cracks me up

did you see his golf swing yesterday? had me rolling for like 3 minutes

ChiSox219
05-05-2011, 02:47 PM

Heat already tried stopping Rose with Wade AND Lebron:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL4X8_B8pjo

JordansBulls
05-05-2011, 02:50 PM

You need to put Lebron and Wade on Rose to have a chance.

cubswin25
05-05-2011, 02:52 PM
Deng always plays well against the Heat :pity: He's the only player in the league that gets fired up against LeBron. He's killed us in every game this year.

I think Deng gets up to play Lebron because they were one time rivals. I believe Lebron was the top ranked High School player and Deng was the number two ranked High School player.

Yams
05-05-2011, 03:02 PM
HCA and the underdog now...I love it.

SteBO
05-05-2011, 03:03 PM
I think Deng gets up to play Lebron because they were one time rivals. I believe Lebron was the top ranked High School player and Deng was the number two ranked High School player.

Really? Never heard this. That would explain it.

northsid3r
05-05-2011, 03:06 PM
You need to put Lebron and Wade on Rose to have a chance.

Something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFanGHM1HyQ

TheRunKiller
05-05-2011, 03:08 PM
wow heat win 2 games at home and know they're unbeatable? it would be real funny if boston cameback and won that series....heat fans would :cry:

TheRunKiller
05-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Heat already tried stopping Rose with Wade AND Lebron:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL4X8_B8pjo

its funny heat fans think Dcline can guard Drose

kilgore2345
05-05-2011, 03:15 PM
I could give you a list of Bulls fans that do exact same thing.

He is talking about this thread, not about some jerks that rarely post. Where exactly in this thread are the regular Bulls posters saying this exact same thing. In fact, these posters are saying that the Heat are most likely going to win.
However, in this thread, there are some long time Heat posters that have downplayed the regular season match-ups, saying that the Heat didn't care.

You know who are serious posters and who are just trolls. Stop conflating the two groups in an attempt to make a dishonest attempt to make this argument. There is plenty of Heat arrogance in this thread - justly deserved - but, don't make this seem like there is an even amount of arrogance coming from Bulls's fans.

bulldog312
05-05-2011, 03:17 PM
So the Heat play 2 great games against the Celtics (who many have felt were done for months now) and all of a sudden they are unbeatable? I'm not buying it all. The Heat are going to look dominant in games. When you have Lebron and Wade both going off they aren't going to be beat. But that may or may not happen. It works the other way too, if one of them is struggling the other one has to carry a very heavy load. And just because they've had 2 straight great games against Boston doesn't mean they will come out on fire against Chicago (or Atlanta, or even the rest of the Boston series).

To answer the OPs question directly, yes, I think they still can win it all. I've never felt there was a favorite this year. I've thought there were about 7 teams that could win it all and it was going to be simply who was playing the best basketball at the right time.

mikealike305
05-05-2011, 03:20 PM
kilgore, read the 2 post above yours

TheRunKiller
05-05-2011, 03:21 PM
kilgore, read the 2 post above yours

what about them?

RZZZA
05-05-2011, 03:22 PM
bulldog is right, just because the Heat have played 2 great games against the Celtics doesn't mean they will necessarily destroy the Bulls.

Different team, different matchups. We can only wait and see what happens.

E.O.21
05-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Im sick of bulls and heat fans fighting in every thread, seriously its getting annoying

haggis
05-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Really? Never heard this. That would explain it.

Deng excelled (on and off the court), and was listed as a top-two player in the majority of high-school player rankings (behind LeBron James), as well as earning First Team All-American by both Parade Magazine and USA Today and playing in the McDonald's High-School All-American Game.

http://www.interbasket.net/players/deng.htm

Yep. Lebron was always #1 and Deng #2. Lebron went to the league and Deng went to Duke.

(Which is crazy, because if Lebron would have played college ball, he probably would have went to Duke. Deng at the 3, Lebron at the 4?)

RZZZA
05-05-2011, 03:31 PM
Im sick of bulls and heat fans fighting in every thread, seriously its getting annoying

but the weird thing about your post is that its remained more civil than usual in this thread so far

DamnGoat
05-05-2011, 03:32 PM

Yep. Lebron was always #1 and Deng #2. Lebron went to the league and Deng went to Duke.

(Which is crazy, because if Lebron would have played college ball, he probably would have went to Duke. Deng at the 3, Lebron at the 4?)
I remember watching Deng at Duke, he was ridiculously good as a Freshman. They played the Illini in the Sweet 16 that year and nobody could stop him.

RCarlson85
05-05-2011, 03:39 PM
rupaul bosh is not a go to guy

He's just as much of a go to guy as your boy Boozer, if not more. The difference is Bosh is our 3rd option and Boozer is your 2nd option.

mikealike305
05-05-2011, 03:39 PM

man what a drop off from 1 and 2, not that deng is terrible but hes certinlly no lebron. i wouldnt have guessed he was #2 only to lebron. i wonder did lebron get ridiculously better or did did just not improve to much? or was it not even that close in high school?

ChicagoJ
05-05-2011, 03:46 PM
There is no team in the East that is all that great tbh. The Heat and the Bulls both have their weaknesses and in previous years wouldn't even be primary contenders. So they are both beatable teams.

With that said, the bulls will struggle when they allow opposing teams to shoot a decent pct. They simply don't have the offense to win higher scoring games. They were engineered to win low scoring games which is where they excel. No matter who the bulls play, if they can't get hot and hit their jumpers they are most likely going to loose. This includes the Heat.

On the other hand, if teams can get past the bulls defense and find ways to keep scoring then the Bulls are in real trouble.

haggis
05-05-2011, 03:52 PM
man what a drop off from 1 and 2, not that deng is terrible but hes certinlly no lebron. i wouldnt have guessed he was #2 only to lebron. i wonder did lebron get ridiculously better or did did just not improve to much? or was it not even that close in high school?

It was kind of always that far. Lebron was the clear cut #1.

Their games are just so different, Lebron is dependent on athleticism, while Deng is reliant on fundamentals and footwork (mainly to cover up his lack of athleticism). Lebron is the pinnacle of a modern player, while Deng is much more of a "throwback" player.

The only thing they really have in common is their length.

haggis
05-05-2011, 03:54 PM
There is no team in the East that is all that great tbh. The Heat and the Bulls both have their weaknesses and in previous years wouldn't even be primary contenders. So they are both beatable teams.

With that said, the bulls will struggle when they allow opposing teams to shoot a decent pct. They simply don't have the offense to win higher scoring games. They were engineered to win low scoring games which is where they excel. No matter who the bulls play, if they can't get hot and hit their jumpers they are most likely going to loose. This includes the Heat.

On the other hand, if teams can get past the bulls defense and find ways to keep scoring then the Bulls are in real trouble.

I completely agree with this.

The Bulls have to grind out wins. It's been like that for most of the year, they'll rarely win the track meets.

cubswin25
05-05-2011, 04:00 PM
He's just as much of a go to guy as your boy Boozer, if not more. The difference is Bosh is our 3rd option and Boozer is your 2nd option.

Boozer hasn't been the Bulls second scoring option since early February. The Bulls have made Deng the second option or equal to Boozer. At least the shots they are getting per game show that.

Eightyfive Y'aw
05-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Congratulations Chicago Bulls! 2011 Regular Season Champions! :win:

:rolleyes:
Not too shabby for a team being run by the PG. It shows that we had the mental toughness to see through to the top seed. And it helps when we can rebound from a loss without crying. No quit in us. L2ms.

cubswin25
05-05-2011, 04:09 PM

Well Lebron was great in high school and everyone knew he would be one of the best players in the NBA within a year or two of entering the league. So there was a big gap between him and Deng. But Deng was better then everyone else at the time, because his game was pretty advanced at a young age. So while other players might have been more talented, Deng was the better player at the time. Well now in the NBA, Deng kinda hit his ceiling as a pretty good player but not star. Because his talent could only get him so far, while other more talented guys from that high school class are just advanced skills wise now.

Eightyfive Y'aw
05-05-2011, 04:39 PM

Well they went from one of the weaker team forums on PSD and empty seats at the games to the "We the best" bandwagon. Us Bulls fans are not overly cocky but when the league's best player leaves an adequate hometown team to go be a second fiddle Robin to get his ring and promises not 6 not 7... and then with all the Heat awesomeness one of their heroes has to bawl up and cry like a b-i-t-c- after a tuff loss. Had no problem with Wade until he misled the Bulls FO during the FA saying interview me I would be open to leaving. Come do your charity work in the Chi Wade but let me get that chain homey. L2ms. His actions were Makavellian in a sense but couple that with the obnoxious johnny-come-lately trolls that didn't have a pot to post in jump in Bulls threads to run their mouths. Now I see the Bulls doing things the right way and would no longer want LBJ on my team. I would prefer Howard who doesnt have any ***** in him. Boi dont worry about who yo mamma slept with. Don't cry cuz Beaz looks like him and dont talk out the side of your mouth when you should have beat that Celtic team last year. Wade will be gone long before not 6 not 7 and the trolling baiting & sense of newfound entitlement will stop.
The Boston NY hate is always alive. Even if NY is not even relavent.:rolleyes:
so why are you even talking.

SteBO
05-05-2011, 04:56 PM
He is talking about this thread, not about some jerks that rarely post. Where exactly in this thread are the regular Bulls posters saying this exact same thing. In fact, these posters are saying that the Heat are most likely going to win.
However, in this thread, there are some long time Heat posters that have downplayed the regular season match-ups, saying that the Heat didn't care.

You know who are serious posters and who are just trolls. Stop conflating the two groups in an attempt to make a dishonest attempt to make this argument. There is plenty of Heat arrogance in this thread - justly deserved - but, don't make this seem like there is an even amount of arrogance coming from Bulls's fans.
take mikealike305's advice and read the two posts above you. I'm right about this.

justinnum1
05-05-2011, 05:25 PM
wow heat win 2 games at home and know they're unbeatable? it would be real funny if boston cameback and won that series....heat fans would :cry:

There not unbeatable, but certainly look capable of beating a bulls team that lost at home to the hawks...

kilgore2345
05-05-2011, 05:34 PM
take mikealike305's advice and read the two posts above you. I'm right about this.

No, you are still wrong.

What's your point? What exactly is the "disrespect" about the Heat in those posts? In neither of those posts are there implicit or explicit allegations that the Heat are chumps or that the will definitely not win a series against the Bulls. First he states there will at least some concern if the Heat drop the next two and then in the next post he states that Wade can't guard Rose. On top of that, these are two comments from the same person. Not exactly a great sample size even for this thread.

So your argument is that Heat fans wouldn't be whatever :cry: means if the Celtics won the next two? I think he has a point. Go back to this season when the Heat won 21 of 22 games then went on a 4 game losing streak, and then the 5 game losing streak - wasn't there much :cry: from the Heat fan base?

I have my doubts about the Bulls' chances right now, but I am also not foolish enough to disregard their chances. Likewise, the Heat are clicking and playing well, and I am certainly not going to downplay that. But, EVERYONE thought at the beginning of the season the Bulls would be at best the 4th or 5th best team in the Eastern Conference. This team has consistently been undervalued and has consistently defied expectations.

Before someone says something cliche like, "the Playoffs are completely different," I've heard it several thousand times in the last 20 years.

SteBO
05-05-2011, 05:40 PM
No, you are still wrong.

What's your point? What exactly is the "disrespect" about the Heat in those posts? In neither of those posts are there implicit or explicit allegations that the Heat are chumps or that the will definitely not win a series against the Bulls. First he states there will at least some concern if the Heat drop the next two and then in the next post he states that Wade can't guard Rose. On top of that, these are two comments from the same person. Not exactly a great sample size even for this thread.

So your argument is that Heat fans wouldn't be whatever :cry: means if the Celtics won the next two? I think he has a point. Go back to this season when the Heat won 21 of 22 games then went on a 4 game losing streak, and then the 5 game losing streak - wasn't there much :cry: from the Heat fan base?

I have my doubts about the Bulls' chances right now, but I am also not foolish enough to disregard their chances. Likewise, the Heat are clicking and playing well, and I am certainly not going to downplay that. But, EVERYONE thought at the beginning of the season the Bulls would be at best the 4th or 5th best team in the Eastern Conference. This team has consistently been undervalued and has consistently defied expectations.

Before someone says something cliche like, "the Playoffs are completely different," I've heard it several thousand times in the last 20 years.
First off, I said I could name quite a few fans that acted the same, if not worse and I'm not just referring to this thread. Just to let know that in case that's what you thought. Be happy about your team, be a fan of your team, but don't be trashing ours and vice versa. For the third time, to get respect, you have to give it. That's my point.

Moving on.......

cubswin25
05-05-2011, 05:43 PM
There not unbeatable, but certainly look capable of beating a bulls team that lost at home to the hawks...

Nobody said the Heat aren't capable of beating the Bulls. You were the one who came in this thread and started running yout mouth how the Bulls couldn't beat the Heat. Plus you bash the Bulls for losing to the Hawks at home. But who says the Hawks don't beat the Heat in that game with Joe Johnson and Crawford shooting lights out? Seriously they shot above 50 percent in that game as a team.The Heat would have had trouble winning that game too with the way they were shooting too. Yes the Bulls didn't play there best defense in that game. But it was still far from terrible defense, the Hawks shooters just made a lot of tough shots. Not to mention Jeff Teague has played very well in this series as well. It's not like the Hawks haven't beat the Heat this year, when those top Hawks players had big games.

SteBO
05-05-2011, 05:45 PM
When ATL is hot, it's very tough to beat them. They came back to reality in Game 2 though.

justinnum1
05-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Nobody said the Heat aren't capable of beating the Bulls. You were the one who came in this thread and started running yout mouth how the Bulls couldn't beat the Heat. Plus you bash the Bulls for losing to the Hawks at home. But who says the Hawks don't beat the Heat in that game with Joe Johnson and Crawford shooting lights out? Seriously they shot above 50 percent in that game.The Heat would have had trouble winning that game too with the way they were shooting. Yes the Bulls didn't play there best defense in that game. But it was still far from terrible defense, the Hawks shooters just made a lot of tough shots. Not to mention Jeff Teague has played very well in this series as well. It's not like the Hawks haven't beat the Heat this year, when those top Hawks players had big games.

No, the heat actually have a good offense, and have more than 1 guy they rely on for offense.

RZZZA
05-05-2011, 05:48 PM
and I never understood the logic in saying "Oh, team A looks great against team B so that means they'll easily beat Team C!"

Doesn't usually work that way.

SportsFanatic10
05-05-2011, 05:48 PM
When ATL is hot, it's very tough to beat them. They came back to reality in Game 2 though.

Very true...haha i think they might have the worst shot selection in the league. Certainly out of the playoff teams. When they're going in it looks all good and everything but wow they throw up some random ****. Josh Smith makes me laugh with his shots.

theheatles
05-05-2011, 05:52 PM
No, you are still wrong.

bulls overachieved...

kilgore2345
05-05-2011, 05:54 PM
First off, I said I could name quite a few fans that acted the same, if not worse and I'm not just referring to this thread. Just to let know that in case that's what you thought. Be happy about your team, be a fan of your team, but don't be trashing ours and vice versa. For the third time, to get respect, you have to give it. That's my point.

Moving on.......

The respect point was about this thread, not in the general PSD universe.

What is exactly trashing the Heat? For some reason, if any one is not highly deferential to the Heat, they are trashing them. They are trashing them if a Bulls fan reminds them of the regular season. They are trashing them if a Bulls fan thinks the Bulls will beat the Heat in a theoretical ECF match up.

jp611
05-05-2011, 05:55 PM
bulls overachieved...

no they didnt... they have the best defense in the league

cubswin25
05-05-2011, 05:56 PM
No, the heat actually have a good offense, and have more than 1 guy they rely on for offense.

Yeah let's ignore Luol Deng, Noah and the fact that Boozer shot well in that game too. Or the fact the Heat only averaged 4 ppg more then the Bulls and allows more points. So sorry the Heat would have lost 107 to 100 in that situation. Since that offense can score more points, but also gives up more points. Again with Lebron how many points did that good Heat offense score on the Bulls defense? Oh yeah 89 and 86 points. Just quit with your bias nonsense please. Haven't you learned your lesson this year? How many times have you ran your mouth this year and the Heat made you eat crow.

kilgore2345
05-05-2011, 05:57 PM
bulls overachieved...

So, in your expert opinion (because I'm sure you are one of the most respected pro basketball analysts on this planet) what should have the Bulls achieved?

SteBO
05-05-2011, 05:58 PM
The respect point was about this thread, not in the general PSD universe.

What is exactly trashing the Heat? For some reason, if any one is not highly deferential to the Heat, they are trashing them. They are trashing them if a Bulls fan reminds them of the regular season. They are trashing them if a Bulls fan thinks the Bulls will beat the Heat in a theoretical ECF match up.
You can appoint that to other Heat posters maybe. But not me. I don't take that stuff seriously enough to dwell into it. Fans are allowed to have their opinion, so that isn't an issue. I was referring to the general PSD universe. ;)

SteBO
05-05-2011, 06:03 PM
You guys have to give the Bulls some credit here. They were dubbed as a 4 seed, being called the "Utah Jazz" of the east, and they've well-exceeded that. That wasn't a fluke. The only concern I have for the Bulls is

1) Too much Derrick Rose

2) Carlos Boozer tends to check out mentally in big games, dating back to his Utah days. His numbers increased yes, but he really struggles against length.

3) Sometimes their offense becomes predictable.

The one guy I would deem dependable outside of Derrick Rose, is Luol Deng, and that's on both ends of the floor. That guy really grew on me. Seeing him compete on both ends against LeBron really impressed me.

cubswin25
05-05-2011, 06:08 PM
bulls overachieved...

How could they overachieve when they beat everybody this season? There's nothing lucky about going 12 and 1 vs the Heat, Celtics, Grizzlies, Lakers, Thunder, Mavs and Grizzlies since early December. People should talk if or when they get knocked out of the playoffs. Rather then bashing them when they don't look great but beat the Pacers in 5 games and tied are 1-1 with Hawks.

j11430
05-05-2011, 06:09 PM
With the Heat playing the way they are, it wouldn't suprise me if they beat the Bulls in the next round. If it comes down to that, I think we can all agree that will be a hell of a series

MJ-BULLS
05-05-2011, 06:12 PM

More like, when Joe Johnson is firing on all cylinders, he makes our SG's look like hot trash. but id give credit to ATL, they came out fighting and more hungrier.

You guys have to give the Bulls some credit here. They were dubbed as a 4 seed, being called the "Utah Jazz" of the east, and they've well-exceeded that. That wasn't a fluke. The only concern I have for the Bulls is

1) Too much Derrick Rose

I can agree with this to some extent. thats when he is take over mode and is our closer. who really else can close out games.

2) Carlos Boozer tends to check out mentally in big games, dating back to his Utah days. His numbers increased yes, but he really struggles against length.

Lakers are not in the East. So thats good. Injuries are the reason why he is not performing like his usual self right now.

The one guy I would deem dependable outside of Derrick Rose, is Luol Deng, and that's on both ends of the floor. That guy really grew on me. Seeing him compete on both ends against LeBron really impressed me.

When Rose isn't in, then yes. Sweet Lu has been great thus far.

jp611
05-05-2011, 06:12 PM
How could they overachieve when they beat everybody this season? There's nothing lucky about going 12 and 1 vs the Heat, Celtics, Grizzlies, Lakers, Thunder, Mavs and Grizzlies since early December. People should talk if or when they get knocked out of the playoffs. Rather then bashing them when they don't look great but beat the Pacers in 5 games and tied are 1-1 with Hawks.

The Bulls didnt win a game all season long, their opponents lost them

SportsFanatic10
05-05-2011, 06:13 PM
I don't wanna keep fanning the flames in here so i'm just gonna point one thing out for everyone so caught up in regular season games.

Dal lost to LA in season series
Mia lost to Bos in season series

it just doesn't matter period. the heat focused on D early in the season and were the best in the league for a while. then they focused on the offensive end and got the kinks mostly worked out but fell off on defense. now they put it all together and its looking lethal. i think i heard somewhere that the heat were the only team to finish in the top 5 in the league in both offensive and defensive efficiency. so yeah they're a better team now than at any other point in the season.

jp611
05-05-2011, 06:14 PM
I also heard a Heat fan say that they beat the Lakers twice in the regular season and that if they face them in the finals that they will win easily, it doesnt go both ways... got some hypocrites

SteBO
05-05-2011, 06:16 PM
More like, when Joe Johnson is firing on all cylinders, he makes our SG's look like hot trash. but id give credit to ATL, they came out fighting and more hungrier.

I can agree with this to some extent. thats when he is take over mode and is our closer. who really else can close out games.

Lakers are not in the East. So thats good. Injuries are the reason why he is not performing like his usual self right now.

When Rose isn't in, then yes. Sweet Lu has been great thus far.
Boozer hadn't been playing well even before we caught word about the turf toe injury. Still, the Bulls defense will win them games. Thibbodeau doesn't believe in winning pretty anyway. Defense wins championships at the end of the day, and CHI has that mastered already. They were iffy on that in the IND series, but outside a couple of those games, and game 1 vs. ATL, they've been good on that end, not to mention all season long.

cubswin25
05-05-2011, 06:17 PM

1) Too much Derrick Rose

With Boozer struggling and hurt. I think they should go to Deng more. It seems like if Boozer is struggling they go away from him, and Rose just takes more shots. Which is fine some games, but they should allow Deng to have some of those shots. Let him play some one on one basketball and allow him to have 17 or 18 shots in a game. If anything Heat fans should know that Deng is capable of going off and having a big series. Just like he did against them in 07.

what54!?
05-05-2011, 06:18 PM
well I gotta admit the bulls are so good on defense it makes up for their offense. the only bad thing I'm gonna say is they do look like and lebron and the cavs. Rose is gonna need more help. Deng needs to be more agressive

SteBO
05-05-2011, 06:19 PM
With Boozer struggling and hurt. I think they should go to Deng more. It seems like if Boozer is struggling and go away from him, and Rose just takes more shots. Which is fine some games, but they should allow Deng to have some of those shots. Let him play some one on one basketball and allow him to have 17 or 18 shots in a game. If anything Heat fans should know that Deng is capable of going off and having a big series. Just like he did against them in 07.
:pity: I don't need to be reminded of Deng.

jp611
05-05-2011, 06:20 PM
well I gotta admit the bulls are so good on defense it makes up for their offense. the only bad thing I'm gonna say is they do look like and lebron and the cavs. Rose is gonna need more help. Deng needs to be more agressive

They look absolutely nothing like the Cavs... The bulls have a better bench, they have guys like Deng, Noah, and Boozer who are much better than Mo Williams, Varejao, and Anthony Parker

what54!?
05-05-2011, 06:30 PM
They look absolutely nothing like the Cavs... The bulls have a better bench, they have guys like Deng, Noah, and Boozer who are much better than Mo Williams, Varejao, and Anthony Parker

I'm saying their not producing to abilites (except noah). I know they have better players but their not showing up consistently and rose has to take a lot of shots (like how lebron and the cavs were). If Boozer, Deng, and that someone on the bench played well every game I think the bulls would be the favorites out of the east.

cubswin25
05-05-2011, 06:32 PM
:pity: I don't need to be reminded of Deng.

LOL, well if the Bulls get past the Hawks they might need that Deng to get past the Heat, especially if there only getting 10-12 ppg out of Boozer. That said, I dunno if Thibs will give Deng more shots or responsibility on offense. He's basically had Rose or Watson just handle the ball all year, with guys running around to get open shots. Or passed the ball to Boozer or Noah down low. So I dunno if he would change any of that since playing that way has gotten them this far. As good of a coach Thibs is he's a bit stubborn and sticks with what has worked in the past and takes a while to change things up. The fact the Bulls have another offensive weapon in Rasual Butler on the bench who never gets into games shows that.

RZZZA
05-05-2011, 06:32 PM
our team is a lot like your team though in that we dont need every one playing great offensively every game in order to win.

If Bibby hits a bunch of 3's but chalmers and house dont contribute significantly, a heat fan would say thats good enough to win most games isnt it? assuming the big 3 give their average performance.

its similar for us. We're so deep that even if Kyle Korver goes 1 for 9 like he did yesterday...we can still win because someone else is likely to step up and have a great game.

MJ-BULLS
05-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Boozer hadn't been playing well even before we caught word about the turf toe injury.

yeah, he really wasnt playing well when the season was coming to a end. Since he did miss significant time with his injury, it has been a work in progress with him and noah gelling. One of the reason as to why he wasnt playing like his normal self when the season was ending. I wish i could of seen them play a whole season together.

Still, the Bulls defense will win them games. Thibbodeau doesn't believe in winning pretty anyway. Defense wins championships at the end of the day, and CHI has that mastered already. They were iffy on that in the IND series, but outside a couple of those games, and game 1 vs. ATL, they've been good on that end, not to mention all season long.

yep, Thibs is the man. only thing is, he needs to give korver some more minutes.

TheRunKiller
05-05-2011, 06:36 PM
our team is a lot like your team though in that we dont need every one playing great offensively every game in order to win.

If Bibby hits a bunch of 3's but chalmers and house dont contribute significantly, a heat fan would say thats good enough to win most games isnt it? assuming the big 3 give their average performance.

its similar for us. We're so deep that even if Kyle Korver goes 1 for 9 like he did yesterday...we can still win because someone else is likely to step up and have a great game.

this

SteBO
05-05-2011, 06:37 PM
LOL, well if the Bulls get past the Hawks they might need that Deng to get past the Heat, especially if there only getting 10-12 ppg out of Boozer. That said, I dunno if Thibs will give Deng more shots or responsibility on offense. He's basically had Rose or Watson just handle the ball all year, with guys running around to get open shots. Or passed the ball to Boozer or Noah down low. So I dunno if he would change any of that since playing that way has gotten them this far. As good of a coach Thibs is he's a bit stubborn and sticks with what has worked in the past and takes a while to change things up. The fact the Bulls have another offensive weapon in Rasual Butler on the bench who never gets into games shows that.
Rasual Butler is a very good player coming off the bench. I even ripped Pat Riley for letting him go in '05 after we made the ECF. He'd help your bench scoring pretty well. Him and Korver are lethal from three.

hugepatsfan
05-05-2011, 06:38 PM
I think that right now you have to say MIA is the favorite to win it all.

what54!?
05-05-2011, 06:39 PM

its similar for us. We're so deep that even if Kyle Korver goes 1 for 9 like he did yesterday...we can still win because someone else is likely to step up and have a great game.I guess so. you've watched a lot more bulls games than me.

hope our teams meet in the ECF

RZZZA
05-05-2011, 06:39 PM
they have been the favorite to win it all all season long. Vegas has them at -325 I beleive is the line now?

RZZZA
05-05-2011, 06:40 PM
oops, and i meant to say james jones...not house. Is house even still on your team? havent seen him in a while..

what54!?
05-05-2011, 06:41 PM
oops, and i meant to say james jones...not house. Is house even still on your team? havent seen him in a while..yea just not in the rotation. Spo likes chamlers defense.....

MacFitz92
05-05-2011, 07:08 PM

They've beaten the 76ers in a series and won two home games against the Celtics.

SportsFanatic10
05-05-2011, 07:10 PM
oops, and i meant to say james jones...not house. Is house even still on your team? havent seen him in a while..

house actually put up 32 points in the season ending game against toronto lol i did a double take when i saw the stat line since i missed that game.

TheRunKiller
05-05-2011, 07:25 PM
house actually put up 32 points in the season ending game against toronto lol i did a double take when i saw the stat line since i missed that game.

so last game of regular season and vs the raptors...that don't count:D

SportsFanatic10
05-05-2011, 07:28 PM
haha ya i'm not saying house will ever do it again especially in the playoffs. hes out of a rotation for a reason. i just thought it was amusing that he had a game like that period.

SportsFanatic10
05-05-2011, 07:30 PM
They've beaten the 76ers in a series and won two home games against the Celtics.

you're right dallas looks really good and they probably scare me more than anyone right now as a heat fan. dirk is a very tough cover.

GiantsFan2000
05-05-2011, 07:43 PM
I guess so. you've watched a lot more bulls games than me.

hope our teams meet in the ECF

be careful what you wish for

SportsFanatic10
05-05-2011, 07:59 PM
be careful what you wish for

wish for it or not i'd say its gonna happen reguardless if we get past boston i highly doubt atlanta is the team waiting for us in the ECF. should be fun.

theheatles
05-05-2011, 08:07 PM
you're right dallas looks really good and they probably scare me more than anyone right now as a heat fan. dirk is a very tough cover.

yeah, i'm worried about dirk and jj barea...matchup nightmares

Lakerhead4ever
05-05-2011, 08:08 PM
the heat are looking mighty good right about now. dont know if they can get past them

their in a fight with the hawks too, soooo

12evolution 9
05-05-2011, 08:15 PM
The Bulls still have a good shot of winning it all. People should know by now they play down to their level of competition. They did it all year in the regular season, and when it came time to play elite teams they won most of those games. The Miami sweep was not an aberration at all. It just showed what this team could do. I'm sure most people would expect Miami to beat the Bulls at this point, but I still think the Bulls beat the Heat in a 7 game series and their front court and bench has a lot to do with that. Lets see how the second round plays out first.

Sorry brah, but there aint not way you're going to be able to stop the HEAT and the way there playing. The Boston Celtics should be showing you that right now. The matter of fact is the HEAT's Team defense will be enough to stop Rose and therefore you will have to be heavily dependent your other players. Especially your starters. Boston has a better bench than Miami but Miami Starters is whats winning this series. By The time Miami plays Chicago, if they can even win there 2nd round series, they will have Udonis Haslem back with Dampier, Z, and The Warden(joel anthony) to work the paint, already along with Bosh.

jp611
05-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Sorry brah, but there aint not way you're going to be able to stop the HEAT and the way there playing. The Boston Celtics should be showing you that right now. The matter of fact is the HEAT's Team defense will be enough to stop Rose and therefore you will have to be heavily dependent your other players. Especially your starters. Boston has a better bench than Miami but Miami Starters is whats winning this series. By The time Miami plays Chicago, if they can even win there 2nd round series, they will have Udonis Haslem back with Dampier, Z, and The Warden(joel anthony) to work the paint, already along with Bosh.

Sorry brah, but Rose will absolutely torch Mike Bibby, injured or not... the Bulls team defense is better than the heat team defense and our bench is much better than the celtics bench and your bench... why don't you worry about getting past the C's first before you start spewing this garbage and we'll worry about the Hawks first too

SteBO
05-05-2011, 08:25 PM
Sorry brah, but Rose will absolutely torch Mike Bibby, injured or not... the Bulls team defense is better than the heat team defense and our bench is much better than the celtics bench and your bench... why don't you worry about getting past the C's first before you start spewing this garbage and we'll worry about the Hawks first too

That's debatable.

JWO35
05-05-2011, 08:26 PM
I never did, I think they have a little to no chance now...

jp611
05-05-2011, 08:26 PM
How is it debatable? The Bulls had the best defense in the league this season

SportsFanatic10
05-05-2011, 08:27 PM

not overlooking the celtics but just for the sake of the heat/bulls matchup yes rose will get his but wade and lebron will do the same. rondo hasn't really done that great yet which is surprising me with bibby/chalmers mostly on him so who knows. rose doesn't have the weapons to kick it to rondo does but rose is a much better scorer than rondo so its a trade off. in the end i think the heat can definately handle what chicago can throw at them but i guess we'll maybe get the chance to see soon. also no bulls defense isn't better than the heats at least not by much if any. and bench doesn't really matter as much in the playoffs.

SportsFanatic10
05-05-2011, 08:29 PM

any real heat fan knows they focused on D early in the season and were number 1 at that time. then they focused on offense and the d regressed. now its playoffs and they're putting it all together and allowing less points against per game than any other playoff team i believe so far. heats d is not to be overlooked they're as good or better than anyone in the playoffs.

RZZZA
05-05-2011, 08:29 PM

There's so much wrong about this post its hard to know where to begin. Just because the Heat won 2 games against the Celtics doesn't mean anythign for any other series. 2 different teams, 2 different match ups.

secondly, I think you'd have to be crazy not to think having Haslem back at this point could be anything other than a distraction and an impediment, not a strength. This guy hasn't played with the team all season and you think he can make a positive impact from the very first minute he's back from injury?

SteBO
05-05-2011, 08:30 PM
True, but this ain't the regular season. Have you seen the Heat defense lately? Not discrediting the Bulls defense at all if that's what you think I did, but I'm just saying. MIA's defense is right there with yours now imo.

jp611
05-05-2011, 08:32 PM
not overlooking the celtics but just for the sake of the heat/bulls matchup yes rose will get his but wade and lebron will do the same. rondo hasn't really done that great yet which is surprising me with bibby/chalmers mostly on him so who knows. rose doesn't have the weapons to kick it to rondo does but rose is a much better scorer than rondo so its a trade off. in the end i think the heat can definately handle what chicago can throw at them but i guess we'll maybe get the chance to see soon. also no bulls defense isn't better than the heats at least not by much if any. and bench doesn't really matter as much in the playoffs.

Rose is 10 times better than Rondo, and can actually shoot the ball... He will absolutely destroy Bibby... and Bogans and Deng have actually played good defense on Wade and Lebron this season so yeah they will get theirs, but it won't be as easily as you think... in the end the Bulls are a better team than the Heat and proved it this season by beating them 3 times and having a better record than them... they also had the best record in the NBA against elite teams and we all know what the heat did against good teams this season

DaBear
05-05-2011, 08:33 PM
I know everyone thinks Miami is the favorite with how they're beating Boston, but did everyone forget how badly the Bulls beat the C's just a few weeks ago?

RZZZA
I see Joel Anthony being a real anchor for your defense these days but are you confident he's enough to contain our bigs? Noah, Kurt, Asik...

SteBO
There's so much wrong about this post its hard to know where to begin. Just because the Heat won 2 games against the Celtics doesn't mean anythign for any other series. 2 different teams, 2 different match ups.

secondly, I think you'd have to be crazy not to think having Haslem back at this point could be anything other than a distraction and an impediment, not a strength. This guy hasn't played with the team all season and you think he can make a positive impact from the very first minute he's back from injury?
I said similar things regarding Shaq, but the difference here is the roles. Haslem is nothing more than tough, gritty rebounder that can hit the mid-range jumper with consistency. That won't affect MIA negatively at all, when you consider that he isn't the focal point of our offense. I agree with you on your other point. Those are two different series', and one has nothing to do with the other.

TheRunKiller
05-05-2011, 08:39 PM
I hope its a Bulls/Heat ECF :pray:

TheRunKiller
05-05-2011, 08:39 PM
I see Joel Anthony being a real anchor for your defense these days but are you confident he's enough to contain our bigs? Noah, Kurt, Asik...

Miami can't handle Chicago bigs...we would destroy them on the boards every night

SportsFanatic10
05-05-2011, 08:40 PM
Rose is 10 times better than Rondo, and can actually shoot the ball... He will absolutely destroy Bibby... and Bogans and Deng have actually played good defense on Wade and Lebron this season so yeah they will get theirs, but it won't be as easily as you think... in the end the Bulls are a better team than the Heat and proved it this season by beating them 3 times and having a better record than them... they also had the best record in the NBA against elite teams and we all know what the heat did against good teams this season

:laugh:ok i guess that would make him the best player in the league.

oh wait...he's not even the best point guard and hes injured to boot. oh and he can shoot? lol i hope he keeps jacking up those ridiculous 3s. and whos to say bibby will play much. the heat will have chalmers or wade mostly on rose and of course he won't be stopped completely but who cares if you give up 30 pts to someone who only gets 37% of his shots.

i like the constant bulls references to the regular season. didn't boston prove they were the better team 3-1. didn't lakers prove they were better than mavs. its the playoffs and its time you realize all that **** goes out the window.

SportsFanatic10

:laugh:ok i guess that would make him the best player in the league.

oh wait...he's not even the best point guard and hes injured to boot. oh and he can shoot? lol i hope he keeps jacking up those ridiculous 3s. and whos to say bibby will play much. the heat will have chalmers or wade mostly on rose and of course he won't be stopped completely but who cares if you give up 30 pts to someone who only gets 37% of his shots.

i like the constant bulls references to the regular season. didn't boston prove they were the better team 3-1. didn't lakers prove they were better than mavs. its the playoffs and its time you realize all that **** goes out the window.

SteBO

:sigh:

What does being 3-0 against the Heat mean now? Nothing. That's then. We are a way better team than before, and you're underestimating us greatly, which is not smart at all.

Your record against the elite teams in the NBA is impressive, yes. Still, that's the REGULAR SEASON. Having a better record means nothing as well. Spurs-best in the west; Grizzlies- 8th seed. Result: MEM wins series 4-2. This alone completely refutes your claim that regular season tells the story about who's better. That record only proves that the Bulls are capable of beating the Heat in a game. Three games serparated from each other during an 82-game season, is different from a playoff series. Seriously, this record thing is flawed and irrational thinking at this point in the season.

jp611
05-05-2011, 08:43 PM
It's pretty annoying how people keep saying regular season doesnt count... well it does, the Bulls matchup a lot better against the Heat than the Celtics do anyway, because we have better bigs than the C's do after getting rid of Perkins... and to act like you guys are going to win the series against the C's already because you're up 2-0 is ludicrous... theres more games to be played and the Celtics are going to win their 2 games at home... REGULAR SEASON COUNTS... they play it for a reason

SportsFanatic10
05-05-2011, 08:44 PM

that is a legitimate concern.

SteBO
05-05-2011, 08:45 PM
It's pretty annoying how people keep saying regular season doesnt count... well it does, the Bulls matchup a lot better against the Heat than the Celtics do anyway, because we have better bigs than the C's do after getting rid of Perkins... and to act like you guys are going to win the series against the C's already because you're up 2-0 is ludicrous... theres more games to be played and the Celtics are going to win their 2 games at home... REGULAR SEASON COUNTS... they play it for a reason
They do play it for a reason. Seedings. Nothing more.

jp611
05-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Bulls are 3-0 against the Heat right now... We've proved to be the better team than you guys, another thing is I've heard a Heat fan say that they were 2-0 against the Lakers in the regular season so they would win a finals matchup against them... So if it helps your team you can use that statement but if it doesnt than you disregard it

DaBear
05-05-2011, 08:46 PM
:sigh:

What does being 3-0 against the Heat mean now? Nothing. That's then. We are a way better team than before, and you're underestimating us greatly, which is not smart at all.

Your record against the elite teams in the NBA is impressive, yes. Still, that's the REGULAR SEASON. Having a better record means nothing as well. Spurs-best in the west; Grizzlies- 8th seed. Result: MEM wins series 4-2. This alone completely refutes your claim that regular season tells the story about who's better. That record only proves that the Bulls are capable of beating the Heat in a game. Three games serparated from each other during an 82-game season, is different from a playoff series. Seriously, this record thing is flawed and irrational thinking at this point in the season.

I don't think Bulls fans are taking the Heat lightly. Yes, we may take shots at each others teams, but that's just part of a rivalry that's heating up. No hard feelings. We know they're one of the best teams in the NBA. However, we're not going to crown them the best because they beat Boston in 2 games. The Heat have not beat the Bulls at all this year which does mean something, even if it is the regular season. I think both teams have a good shot of beating each other, and an ECF with the Bulls-Heat would probably go 7 games. However, I don't think either team would handle another. Matchups do play a key role here too. Boston does not have a good offensive PG or a C to exploit Miami's weak front court. The Bulls do. I think having Perkins was one of the reasons why the C's were able to beat the Heat earlier this year. Those are big advantages for the Bulls, but of course it will also come down to limiting LeBron and Wade in the playoffs. Any of those two can go off at any given time and make it almost impossible to keep up with. Either way, both teams are still in the second round and are far from finishing off their current opponents. We'll get back to this if our teams hopefully meet in the ECF.

TheRunKiller
05-05-2011, 08:47 PM

:clap: I wonder if they would still say regular season doesn't count if Miami would have swept Chicago

SportsFanatic10
05-05-2011, 08:47 PM
Miami can't handle Chicago bigs...we would destroy them on the boards every night

probably true but not many wing players rebound like wade and lebron and hopefully haslem will be able to play and help on the boards.

TheRunKiller
05-05-2011, 08:51 PM
probably true but not many wing players rebound like wade and lebron and hopefully haslem will be able to play and help on the boards.

deng is a real good rebounder and rose for a pg averages 4. bulls whole team can rebound not just the bigs

SportsFanatic10
05-05-2011, 08:52 PM
Bulls are 3-0 against the Heat right now... We've proved to be the better team than you guys, another thing is I've heard a Heat fan say that they were 2-0 against the Lakers in the regular season so they would win a finals matchup against them... So if it helps your team you can use that statement but if it doesnt than you disregard it

wow that one dumb*** heat fans post must of really made an impression with you. i've seen you reference that 2 times today hahaha whatever...

SportsFanatic10
05-05-2011, 08:53 PM
deng is a real good rebounder and rose for a pg averages 4. bulls whole team can rebound not just the bigs

well thats good because with how the offense is there is alot of misses to rebound.

jp611
You know that if the Heat were the team that was 3-0 in the regular season against the Bulls you would be using that too...I just find it hilarious how you can single out things that don't work in your favor but if they do work in your favor they are used

RZZZA
I seriously think the Heat management would be crazy to thrust Haslem into the lineup of this team now and expect him not to hurt the team. He hasnt played one game all season and to mess with team chemistry now, in the playoffs, when the team is already basically playing good?

SportsFanatic10
05-05-2011, 08:54 PM
damn i hope this matchup happens lol its gonna be killer.

cubswin25
05-05-2011, 08:54 PM
I know everyone thinks Miami is the favorite with how they're beating Boston, but did everyone forget how badly the Bulls beat the C's just a few weeks ago?

Yes and don't forget how bad the Celtics playing going into the playoffs as well. So I know Heat fans are getting all excited how the Heat played against the Celtics, but we don't know how impressive it is. Don't forget a lot of people were picking the Knicks to upset them. Yes the Celtics swept them, but the Knicks could have easily beat them the first two games. Plus the Knicks just didn't play defense on them in game 3 and 4 and then you gotta consider they didn't have Billups the final three games. Overall the Heat didn't look great in the final 3 games vs the 76ers. So I'm not ready to be anymore impressed with the Heat, then I was before the playoffs.

SteBO
05-05-2011, 08:59 PM
I don't think Bulls fans are taking the Heat lightly. Yes, we may take shots at each others teams, but that's just part of a rivalry that's heating up. No hard feelings. We know they're one of the best teams in the NBA. However, we're not going to crown them the best because they beat Boston in 2 games. The Heat have not beat the Bulls at all this year which does mean something, even if it is the regular season. I think both teams have a good shot of beating each other, and an ECF with the Bulls-Heat would probably go 7 games. However, I don't think either team would handle another. Matchups do play a key role here too. Boston does not have a good offensive PG or a C to exploit Miami's weak front court. The Bulls do. I think having Perkins was one of the reasons why the C's were able to beat the Heat earlier this year. Those are big advantages for the Bulls, but of course it will also come down to limiting LeBron and Wade in the playoffs. Any of those two can go off at any given time and make it almost impossible to keep up with. Either way, both teams are still in the second round and are far from finishing off their current opponents. We'll get back to this if our teams hopefully meet in the ECF.
Thanks for being sane and rational.

I agree that with Rose and Noah, you have guys that could tafull advantage of our flawed frontline. Getting Haslem would diminish that, but you'd still have a pretty fair edge in that department. We still have to take care of the C's first, which is far from over. Even with a 2-0 lead, they still scare me a lot. I'll leave with this, while the regular season may tell some things, it doesn't tell everything. All those games were close, and could've gone either. A loss is a loss, but we were one rebounding of winning the first meeting, one silly defensive lapse on you're notable Heat killer "Luol Deng" away from winning the second meeting, and one very questionable call away from the final meeting, all by a combined 8 points.

I've just had it up to here with the silly "regular season records" and all. It doesn't mean much, if anything at all. This is the playoffs. The regular season is over. That's my point.

RZZZA
05-05-2011, 09:01 PM
yeah, if anything the regular season record would likely make the Heat play us harder if we faced in a series.

SteBO
05-05-2011, 09:03 PM
yeah, if anything the regular season record would likely make the Heat play us harder if we faced in a series.
I wouldn't go that route, but I see your point. You better believe MIA's pissed about losing to you guys 3 times this year.

SteBO
05-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Listen guys, the second round isn't over yet. We should really be more respectful towards the Hawks and Celtics. I still need to see my guys win on the road in Boston before I feel good about the Heat-Celtics series.

RZZZA
05-05-2011, 09:07 PM
luckily there aren't any hawks fans here to offend :D

but i get the feeling if they manage to beat us a few more times we'll start seeing an influx of hawks fans here

cubswin25
05-05-2011, 09:07 PM
:clap: I wonder if they would still say regular season doesn't count if Miami would have swept Chicago

Yeah exactly, Heat fans who says it doesn't mean anything aren't correct and being hypocrites. Because you know if they were 3-0 vs Bulls and won 62 games they would be bragging about that. Now being 3-0 vs the Heat doesn't they will beat the Heat in the playoffs. But it shows they can beat the Heat, if they play the same way. So you can't say the samething will happen again, but the Bulls showed they can beat them. So Heat fans can't say the Bulls can't beat them, because they have and Heat haven't beat the Bulls. Sure things could be different if they face eachother in the playoffs. But way too many Heat fans are running their mouths about a team they haven't beat yet.

Hiphopopotamus
05-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Listen guys, the second round isn't over yet. We should really be more respectful towards the Hawks and Celtics. I still need to see my guys win on the road in Boston before I feel good about the Heat-Celtics series.

This.
I'd love a Bulls-Heat series. It'd just be fun and as much as we all bash each other on PSD I think both sides have respect, it's just fun gamesmanship to argue. Clearly the Heat are very good and could easily win the title. The Bulls IF healthy could be there too. But nobody should overlook the C's or Hawks both are far from dead and it could easily be a Hawks-C's ECF.

SteBO
05-05-2011, 09:11 PM
^Agree with you wholeheartedly sir :)

Night fellas.....This was a fun thread to comment in.......But I have work tomorrow and I'm tired......Enjoy the rest of your night :)

cubswin25
05-05-2011, 09:14 PM

Exactly, both teams could still lose those series if they don't play well. So we should wait for the actual Heat/Bulls match up to happen first, before we start talking so much about it. Lets not forget that the Cavs had a 2-1 lead on the Celtics last year and lost the series in 6. Heat fans should also know that these series aren't over yet. They won a championship after being down 0-2.

j11430
05-05-2011, 10:34 PM
Thanks for being sane and rational.

I agree that with Rose and Noah, you have guys that could tafull advantage of our flawed frontline. Getting Haslem would diminish that, but you'd still have a pretty fair edge in that department. We still have to take care of the C's first, which is far from over. Even with a 2-0 lead, they still scare me a lot. I'll leave with this, while the regular season may tell some things, it doesn't tell everything. All those games were close, and could've gone either. A loss is a loss, but we were one rebounding of winning the first meeting, one silly defensive lapse on you're notable Heat killer "Luol Deng" away from winning the second meeting, and one very questionable call away from the final meeting, all by a combined 8 points.

I've just had it up to here with the silly "regular season records" and all. It doesn't mean much, if anything at all. This is the playoffs. The regular season is over. That's my point.

I agree with this completely. Lebron James had one of the best quotes I've ever read saying "Playoff sweat is different than regular season sweat." That applies to all NBA teams, but the Heat in particular because they're coming together and playing to their full potential when it matters most.

So yes, those regular season wins for my Bulls were impressive. But this is a different Miami Heat then it was in November and December. Right now, they're down right deadly

cubswin25
05-05-2011, 10:53 PM
FWIW the Bulls beat the Heat in Jan, Feb and March not November and December. The Bulls are also a much different team then they were back in November.

nysportsfan1025
05-06-2011, 01:34 AM
"lechoke and dwade" are in the second round and up 2-0 on the celtics, something Melo, Stat and the Knicks couldnt do, they got swept, let the playoffs ride and quit the predictions. You probly were "lechokes" biggest fan before he joined the heat

nope never liked lebron since i saw his high school documentary and he was a cocky arrogant bastard so keep you false assumptions to yourself.. also this is a thread about predictions for the most part correct? finally i never made any comparisons between the knicks and heat or said any way the knicks were better than the heat did i? o and our entire team was injured for our series against the celtics .. not saying they would of won but i doubt they woulda got swept with chauncey and amare 100%

justinnum1
05-06-2011, 08:35 AM
FWIW the Bulls beat the Heat in Jan, Feb and March not November and December. The Bulls are also a much different team then they were back in November.

Yea, but they have maxed out, they have not shown that extra playoff gear. Maybe they have it, but until they show it...

mikealike305
05-06-2011, 10:08 AM
This.
I'd love a Bulls-Heat series. It'd just be fun and as much as we all bash each other on PSD I think both sides have respect, it's just fun gamesmanship to argue. Clearly the Heat are very good and could easily win the title. The Bulls IF healthy could be there too. But nobody should overlook the C's or Hawks both are far from dead and it could easily be a Hawks-C's ECF.

this. i really want to see that series. i think that can be the best series in the whole playoffs.

ChicagoJ
05-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Over the past 2 months the Bulls are 26-4. Sure, some games have been more difficult than expected recently, but I still think the bulls have a decent shot at making it past the next 2 rounds. It won't be easy, but it is possible.

Miami is a very good team, but people shouldn't over inflate them. They have their shortcomings just like the Bulls do. I think if the heat and bulls meet up next round it will be a much more difficult series than people think (for both teams) and most games will probably come down to the last few mins of the game just like it did in the regular season.

gotoHcarolina52
05-06-2011, 12:22 PM
I still think the bulls have a decent shot at making it past the next 2 rounds. It won't be easy, but it is possible.

It's definitely possible, sure, but unlikely nonetheless.

cubswin25
05-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Yea, but they have maxed out, they have not shown that extra playoff gear. Maybe they have it, but until they show it...

I'm sure your hoping they don't have it. But again you can't claim they don't have anything until they start losing more games. As someone just posted above the Bulls are 26-4 over their last 30 games and I'm willing to be almost 20 of those wins were ugly grind them out games. You don't get extra wins or style points in the playoffs either. So it doesn't really matter how the Bulls look against the Pacers or Hawks. Because it doesn't mean oh if the Bulls played against the Heat they would get killed. It doesn't work like that in the NBA, and there are reasons why in this season the Bulls lost to the Raptors one night and beat the Heat the next night. So all this bashing on the Bulls for not looking great is meaningless, as long as they win games. Now if they aren't able to finish the Hawks off in 5 or 6 games, or lose this series. Then go right ahead and bash the Bulls, they would deserve it. But winning is winning, it doesn't matter how impressive it looks. Plus it's not like the Heat looked good in the final three games against the 76ers either.

koreancabbage
05-06-2011, 12:48 PM
never thought they would win it. sure they got first overall but a team with no extended playoff experience (and playoff experience together) and injuries looking to decimate their frontline (boozer) and Rose, i think their chances of getting to the finals are slim.

I'm gonna say someone from the West is gonna win the championship cuz they all have size in the front court unlike the East where everyone is pretty thin up front. offensively speaking. and the west's chances would be better if Miami does not get into the finals. sorry but when you have TWO superstars in their prime taking at least 9-10 free throws a game and can overtake a game. its downright dirty. and they play good team defense. all i'm saying is that if Miami loses before the finals, i'd give it to someone in the West easily.

Miami doesn't really have a inside presence
Chicago does not really have an inside presense
Boston (only an aging KG, both Oneals are past their primes)
Hawks (nope)

and Chicago won't finish first place next year, but i think they could possibly make it to the finals with a little more experience. they caught everyone by surprise.

RaffyBoy
05-06-2011, 01:14 PM
even though i really hate that im saying this, but the heat are the team to beat right now.. everything is falling into place for them, they are putting it all together for the playoffs.. as of right now, if some how the lakers would pull it off and they meet the heat in the finals, i would choose the heat as favs to win it..

SoxBearsBulls!
05-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Letīs not crown Miami just yet...and I donīt think the Bulls will win it all, they need a SG and more experience...Iīm just happy that they are on the right path to contend the next few years barring injuries.

ackar
05-06-2011, 01:54 PM
I always believe each year the goal is the championship until they are eliminate which I do not think they will I believe!

BULLS 2011 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!

TheRunKiller
05-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Letīs not crown Miami just yet...and I donīt think the Bulls will win it all, they need a SG and more experience...Iīm just happy that they are on the right path to contend the next few years barring injuries.

miami won the first 2 games vs boston...i say lets name them champions already :rolleyes:

DamnGoat
05-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Any team left still has a chance. It's all about getting hot at the right time and taking advantage of matchups.

gotoHcarolina52
05-06-2011, 02:32 PM
miami won the first 2 games vs boston...i say lets name them champions already :rolleyes:

Can you imagine the reaction had the Heat lost those first two games? The masses would've been deeming Miami a glorified lottery team and proclaiming the demise of the Super Friends/Heatles/Run DLC/Two and a half Men/Miami Thrice experiment.

The fact that some are now saying the Heat are on an unstoppable march to the Finals is perhaps an appropriate corrective. Indeed, with all the vitriolic hate that's been spewed around this forum thus far, it's only fitting to see the Overreaction Pendulum swinging to the other extreme.

M.Bibby2.0
05-06-2011, 02:52 PM
IMHO the bulls have been getting the job done, but it hasn't been pretty. Although it's not perfect logic, if you struggle to win your games against the 8th and 5th seeds in the playoffs, that causes me to have my doubts about whether they can get past the Heat/Celtics.

thebet
05-06-2011, 02:55 PM
who cares? Who knew the Heat would play this well in the playoffs after playing terrible against "elite" teams during the regular season. This is the playoff's. Anything can happen... The Bulls could very well win it all. Or they can very well lose to Atlanta.

koreancabbage
05-06-2011, 03:09 PM
who cares? Who knew the Heat would play this well in the playoffs after playing terrible against "elite" teams during the regular season. This is the playoff's. Anything can happen... The Bulls could very well win it all. Or they can very well lose to Atlanta.

15 pages of posts says other wise. I think you'd be a fool if you thought that the Miami Heat would not play better basketball in the post season. They had a good portion of the season trying to find chemistry and balance- and now they have it. only reason why they got beaten by Boston in the first 3 games and other "good" teams in the league.

thanks captain obvious.

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-06-2011, 03:35 PM
First of all i hate how everyone is acting like the HEAT already swept the Celtics. We won our games at home, thats what we're supposed to do. The Celtics aren't panicking and they expect to make this a tough series. If the Celtics somehow come back and win this series you guys will rip us for acting like we won the series when in fact everyone else is doing that.

Anyway, the Bulls WILL get it together in round 3 against the HEAT/Celtics. They would beat the Celtics in 6. But regardless wether they are clicking or not, i dont think they can beat the HEAT in a 7 game series with essentially one player. Sooner or later we will be ale to slow him down.

thebet
05-06-2011, 03:52 PM
15 pages of posts says other wise. I think you'd be a fool if you thought that the Miami Heat would not play better basketball in the post season. They had a good portion of the season trying to find chemistry and balance- and now they have it. only reason why they got beaten by Boston in the first 3 games and other "good" teams in the league.

thanks captain obvious.

Thanks for that, Koreancabbagepatch. Let's see if your expert analysis (along with the 15 other posts whom "say other wise") has any direct correlation to the events bound to take place. I bet you also knew the Spurs would have been eliminated. I think you have too much hindsight bias shoved up your ***... But thank you for looking like an idiot.

Keep rubbing that crystal ball of yours!

JordansBulls
05-06-2011, 03:52 PM
It's definitely possible, sure, but unlikely nonetheless.

Can you explain why it is unlikely?

Gators123
05-06-2011, 04:22 PM
I thought the Celtics would win it all, but since they traded Perkins I think the Heat will.