PDA

View Full Version : Deron Williams looking into playing overseas if there is a lockout

spreadeagle
05-04-2011, 11:08 PM
Although the NBA's current collective bargaining agreement expires in nearly two months -- July 1, to be exact -- New Jersey Nets point guard Deron Williams is already considering taking his talents abroad.

"I'm already looking into playing overseas," said Williams, who was in Santa Monica, Calif., Tuesday taking part in an event featuring his favorite video game series, Call of Duty. "I haven't looked anywhere in general; I'm just looking into the possibility of playing over there. But I'm not going to make a decision until after the CBA."

In the meantime, Williams said he doesn't have a gauge on what other players are planning to do if there is a lockout. The idea of going overseas was his own. But one place you probably won't find him in is Greece.

"The economy is not too good in Greece right now," Williams said.

Would be super cool to see some big name NBA guys play overseas if there is indeed a lockout..get to see how they stack up against non NBA talent http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6473962

ULT WARRIOR408
05-04-2011, 11:13 PM
I don't blame him or anyone else in the league thats doing this.If theres a lockout next year why not go out to Europe & stay in shape plus make some tax free $$$ overseas.

spreadeagle
05-04-2011, 11:16 PM
I don't blame him or anyone else in the league thats doing this.If theres a lockout next year why not go out to Europe & stay in shape plus make some tax free $$$ overseas.

Imagine the amount of money that some of these owners would pay to have Bron,Wade,Garnett whoever on their team...

sixer04fan
05-04-2011, 11:27 PM
I guess if you think about it the NBA players have leverage that the NFL players don't, in that they could still make some serious dough playing overseas during a lockout, while the NFL players won't make jack playing football anywhere except for the NFL.

spreadeagle
05-04-2011, 11:30 PM
I guess if you think about it the NBA players have leverage that the NFL players don't, in that they could still make some serious dough playing overseas during a lockout, while the NFL players won't make jack playing football anywhere except for the NFL.

There isnt a salary cap overseas is there.....man they could offer these guys so much cash

NetsPaint
05-04-2011, 11:38 PM
As Robbobw241 said, who posts on the Nets forum, Prokhorov should offer him 100 million for one year to play for his Russian team and sign him for one million a year for the Nets. This would allow mega-cap space with already having a superstar.

Mishmin
05-04-2011, 11:38 PM
So does a lockout put all contracts on hiatus? Man imagine a star injuring himself out there.. team'd be pisssssed.

spreadeagle
05-04-2011, 11:39 PM
As Robbobw241 said, who posts on the Nets forum, Prokhorov should offer him 100 million for one year to play for his Russian team and sign him for one million a year for the Nets. This would allow mega-cap space with already having a superstar.

KILLER idea :clap:

Becks2307
05-04-2011, 11:41 PM
we could have an interesting year in bball next year haha

NetsPaint
05-04-2011, 11:43 PM
we could have an interesting year in bball next year haha
Just imagine NBA TV and TNT broadcasting overseas games and it being built up like NBA games:laugh2:.

Becks2307
05-04-2011, 11:48 PM
Just imagine NBA TV and TNT broadcasting overseas games and it being built up like NBA games:laugh2:.

we could have some really interesting teams, it would be like a fantasy draft.

i cant see how anyone wouldn't want to go to Europe. U get to experience a new culture in your prime while getting paid = much better than sitting here in the USA doing nothing

unless u have family obligations go abroad!!

JPHX
05-04-2011, 11:56 PM
So does a lockout put all contracts on hiatus? Man imagine a star injuring himself out there.. team'd be pisssssed.

thats interesting.

NetsPaint
05-04-2011, 11:58 PM
we could have some really interesting teams, it would be like a fantasy draft.

i cant see how anyone wouldn't want to go to Europe. U get to experience a new culture in your prime while getting paid = much better than sitting here in the USA doing nothing

unless u have family obligations go abroad!!
And imagine the TEAMS :O. And people think three superstars on one team is sick.......imagine eight.