PDA

View Full Version : NBA Conference Semi-finals Scheduling?

minervamob
05-04-2011, 06:01 PM
Can someone explain why the heat/ celtics and grizzlies/ thunder series' get 3 days off while the Bulls/hawks and lakers/mavs are on a normal one day rest? This results in a thursday night with no nba games to watch and I think an unfair extra day of rest for the players on those teams. Is it because their series' started a day earlier than the other two?

ChiTownPacerFan
05-04-2011, 06:17 PM
Hmm... I don't know. That really makes no sense.

Purple&Gold24
05-04-2011, 06:21 PM
:shrug: oh well.

Klivlend
05-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Can someone explain why the heat/ celtics and grizzlies/ thunder series' get 3 days off while the Bulls/hawks and lakers/mavs are on a normal one day rest? This results in a thursday night with no nba games to watch and I think an unfair extra day of rest for the players on those teams. Is it because their series' started a day earlier than the other two?

Dude, the has to be the gayest pic of D. Rose out there. Why is that in your sig? It's embarrassing for him.

minervamob
05-04-2011, 06:38 PM
Borderline gay pic I know. Thats why I have it. Not that Im gay, but guys in the Bulls forum go gay for DRose. Not literally I hope, but we love the guy.

ChiTownPacerFan
05-04-2011, 06:48 PM
Borderline gay pic I know. Thats why I have it. Not that Im gay, but guys in the Bulls forum go gay for DRose. Not literally I hope, but we love the guy.

That's about as logical as the NBA not scheduling any games for Thursday night. This thread is making my head hurt.

Cano4prez
05-04-2011, 07:00 PM
I don't understand it either

Baller1
05-04-2011, 07:10 PM
That's about as logical as the NBA not scheduling any games for Thursday night. This thread is making my head hurt.

:laugh:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-04-2011, 07:14 PM
I'm not sure why they did the scheduling that way... This is like one of those crazy myth's of the world.

Big Zo
05-04-2011, 07:18 PM
It's all a conspiracy to help the Celtics.

bootsy
05-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Every year people complain about the playoff schedule and every year it is always the same. The schedule for the playoffs has been the same for about the last 10-15 years.

mzgrizz
05-05-2011, 12:34 AM
It's to have the Lakers on Sunday! And the Grizzlies played every other day until now but the Thunder haven't. Hmmmmm maybe an NBA conspiracy unfolds

BRICKCITYPIMP12
05-05-2011, 03:36 AM
rose looks like the gayest dude in the world in that pic....hahahahaha

daleja424
05-05-2011, 07:35 AM
My understanding is that it all has to do with tv ratings. Those two series started two days early to appease ABC and give them a high rating game last weekend, but then the schedule was messed up b/c ABC also wanted those game this weekend. It all comes down to tv scheduling. The first three games should have been Tuesday, Thursday, Weekend...but were moved up for tv ratings.

In the end I hate it as a HEAT fan. The HEAT were all over the Celts and wearing them out, and now the old Celtics have a chance to recoup before going home looking to get back in the series. Really sucks, but the TV ratings have given the Celtics an unfair advantage...

Shmontaine
05-05-2011, 09:26 AM
^^^ whatever their reasoning, it definitely favors the celtics this week... i still don't think it will help them... i heard on the radio somebody say, 'winning is the only difference between a veteran team and an old team'... i think that it applies in the heat/celtics series...

LakersIn5
05-05-2011, 11:12 AM
yeah it sucks cuz i dont have anything to watch tomorow. and im really excited to watch the grizzlies

Sadds The Gr8
05-05-2011, 11:35 AM
because the other 2 series' started a day earlier. it's stupid but w/e

Tarheels23
05-05-2011, 12:08 PM
My understanding is that it all has to do with tv ratings. Those two series started two days early to appease ABC and give them a high rating game last weekend, but then the schedule was messed up b/c ABC also wanted those game this weekend. It all comes down to tv scheduling. The first three games should have been Tuesday, Thursday, Weekend...but were moved up for tv ratings.

In the end I hate it as a HEAT fan. The HEAT were all over the Celts and wearing them out, and now the old Celtics have a chance to recoup before going home looking to get back in the series. Really sucks, but the TV ratings have given the Celtics an unfair advantage...

Miami fans should not be talking about conspiracies and unfair advantages lol

Its a scheduling issue that many people have a problem with. But it allows all of the series to stay on pace to end in a similar time frame. Also, it has to do with the networks that they are on. ESPN, ABC, and TNT are all major networks in the US. they have other contractual obligations to fulfil and they have to fit all of their programming in the times that they can get the best possible ratings for all of their shows and broadcasts, not just the NBA.

Hangtime
05-05-2011, 12:20 PM
TV networks are determining the scheduling. They dictates when the games are played.

Sadds The Gr8
05-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Miami fans should not be talking about conspiracies and unfair advantages lol

Its a scheduling issue that many people have a problem with. But it allows all of the series to stay on pace to end in a similar time frame. Also, it has to do with the networks that they are on. ESPN, ABC, and TNT are all major networks in the US. they have other contractual obligations to fulfil and they have to fit all of their programming in the times that they can get the best possible ratings for all of their shows and broadcasts, not just the NBA.

i know right? lol that's a joke

daleja424
05-05-2011, 12:29 PM
Get over it. Wade and Lebron attack. They get free throws. It has been that way their whole careers. Stop crying about. The HEAT are winning b/c they are dominating ALL aspects of the game. STOP HATING!

daleja424
05-05-2011, 12:39 PM
In Wade's playoff career prior to this year he averaged 9.0 FTA per game, and Lebron averaged 11.3 FTA per game. That is a total between JUST THOSE TWO of 20.3 FTA per game.

In the playoffs THIS YEAR Wade is averaging 8.4 FTA per game and Lebron is averaging 9.6 FTA per game. That is a total of 18.0 FTA from those two.

...and while you are complaining about Lebron and Wade getting FTs you are overlooking the fact that the other high usage players that have an attacking style are right in the same ballpark (Howard 14.7, Durant 11.1, Nene 9.6, Rose 9.4, Dirk 9.1, Melo 8.5, Manu 8.2, Paul 8.2, Westbrook 8.1)...yet none of you complain about conspiracies reguarding any of those players. Its simple. You attack...you get free throws. That is true for every hard attacking player in the league.

Lets be honest here, what you really want is for the league to show a bias against the heat...

Tarheels23
05-05-2011, 12:48 PM
^^ Nobody is hating, people are just speak the truth. Fact of the matter is that the Heat are outplaying the Celtics in every aspect of the game and they deserve to be up 2-0. The officiating is extremely in favor of wade and james, but it really isnt the reason the Heat are winning the series.

Celtics will lose the series. They are playing against 2 of the top 3 players in the leage. And it doesnt help that those two players get extra special treatment. And you are right, they have gotten this treatment for almost their entire careers so far.

hgtiger32
05-05-2011, 12:55 PM
It's all a conspiracy to help the Celtics.

HA! good one. trust me, if David Stern wants it his way, Miami will be playing LA in the finals.

sure it gives celtics rest but it also gives wade's body a rest too

boston sports fan/espn genius Bill Simmons tweet:

@sportsguy33
Bill Simmons
It will, but it's also going to help Wade like it did Game 1. RT @Keohane15 Do you think the 4 day layoff will help the C's? Look so tired.

KmB728
05-06-2011, 05:56 PM
I think it's because the Bruins need the Garden tonight?

bmd1101
05-06-2011, 06:54 PM

He looks like a sailor from one of those old John Wayne movies, borderline is being generous lol. or maybe one of the russian sailor's from Hunt for Red October.

Oh and the odd looking schedule is from the NHL playoffs.