PDA

View Full Version : Riley wins Executive of the Year (Sporting News', not the real one)

SDBearsFan
05-04-2011, 03:28 PM
Derrick Rose named Sporting News' Player of the Year. Thibodeau Coach of the Year, Griffin Rookie of the Year, Riley Executive of the Year.

Chris DeLuca (http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisDeLuca)

As a Bulls fan, i wish they would have just waited to see who ended up advancing farther between us and Miami, but you've got to give Riley credit I guess for signing the three

daleja424
05-04-2011, 03:30 PM
Why would you want that? If the NBA waited to see that then rose wouldnt he the MVP...

justinnum1
05-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Riley wins this by a mile, the fact that others were considered is a joke. Just one of the many awards the heat will win over the next 6 years ;)

305sportsfan
05-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Why would you want that? If the NBA waited to see that then rose wouldnt he the MVP...

Exactly my thoughts... Guess we see who the real clown is now though haha.

mikealike305
05-04-2011, 03:32 PM

this
anyway, good for pat. hes the man. in pat we trust

daleja424
05-04-2011, 03:33 PM
I didn't mean that disrespectfully but rose has really been pretty bad in the playoffs...

jp611
05-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Good for Riley... he deserved it :clap:

Denvers executive had a pretty good year too

justinnum1
05-04-2011, 03:34 PM
I didn't mean that disrespectfully but rise has really been pretty bad in the playoffs...

I thin he's hurt...just like lebrons elbow, rose's ankle will prevent the bulls from advancing this year.

justinnum1
05-04-2011, 03:35 PM

yea he did, they bent NY over pretty good. NY wins the trade, but denver set them back 2 years.

smith&wesson
05-04-2011, 03:41 PM
you dont say

dnewguy
05-04-2011, 03:44 PM

As a Bulls fan, i wish they would have just waited to see who ended up advancing farther between us and Miami, but you've got to give Riley credit I guess for signing the three of those clowns.

I'll wait a min and see if the mods let you get away with that language, if they do, i'll respond and let you know what every NBA fans other than Bulls fans really think of Derrick Rose, Luol Deng and, well who else?

TboneM3
05-04-2011, 03:45 PM
You don't say? Congrats to Pat and Heat.

Raph12
05-04-2011, 03:46 PM
I gotta say, Riley pulled some random **** outta his ***, that's some ****ed up plan he had...

Cool007
05-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Congrats Pat Riley.

He totally deserves it along with D-Wade convincing his friends.

I just hope Heat don't win the next whatever many championships. I personally didn't like the "Joining up at your early age/prime years" thing.

But if they win it, I will congratulate them.

Big Zo
05-04-2011, 03:48 PM
No surprise at all here. He got them all discounted.

Slug3

As a Bulls fan, i wish they would have just waited to see who ended up advancing farther between us and Miami, but you've got to give Riley credit I guess for signing the three of those clowns.

What does advancing futher have to do with anything? Coach of the year, MVP, Etc all ahs to do with the regualr season and previous offseason. Nothing to do with the postseason. Otherwise Dirk would lose his MVP award.

SportsFanatic10
riley got them all! discounted! lol that never gets old.

haggis
05-04-2011, 03:51 PM
*SPORTING NEWS EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR*

not the official vote.

I wouldn't be shocked if Riley won the actual award too.

lvlheaded
05-04-2011, 03:51 PM
I thought the Cavs GM was gonna get it :shrug:

Well deserved, Pat did an excellent job

Hoopsadvocate
05-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Congrats Pat Riley.

He totally deserves it along with D-Wade convincing his friends.

I just hope Heat don't win the next whatever many championships. I personally didn't like the "Joining up at your early age/prime years" thing.

But if they win it, I will congratulate them.

:clap:

This is very respectable. While you disagree with the joining u do so respectfully and even go as far to congratulate them even tough u dont like their actions for your own personal beliefs. If only more people were like this on psd. Much respect.

Chacarron
05-04-2011, 03:57 PM
I think what made this a given was the signing of Mike Bibby.

mikealike305
05-04-2011, 03:58 PM

This is very respectable. While you disagree with the joining u do so respectfully and even go as far to congratulate them even tough u dont like their actions for your own personal beliefs. If only more people were like this on psd. Much respect.

this

idrinkpepsi
He'll probably win the actual award too.

Tmath
fixed

goeatfish63
05-04-2011, 04:05 PM
well this was inevitable

PatsSoxKnicks
05-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Should Riley really get this award? Or should Wade get it? :eyebrow:

jockrider
05-04-2011, 04:09 PM

what difference would that have made?

Chi StateOfMind
05-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Well deserved Pat.

This man signed LeBron-D-Wade-Bosh all at a discounted price. No one to me was even close to that. And if they win championships like there suppose to it makes those deals even sweeter.

FriedTofuz
05-04-2011, 04:44 PM
Riley aquired Two MVP caliber players, and an all star; at a discounted price. He aquired these players at a cheap price, and signed veterans for minumum contracts to fill up the roaster. Miami is one of the best teams in the league, thanks to his skills. Well deserved.

Alot can be said about the chicago bulls too. They aquired A post scorer who averaged 20/10, a few Defensive pieces, bench dept, and a great shooter in korver. They also aquired a great coach. The bulls also increased their win record by 21 wins. I think john paxon deserved some credit too. However, I still agree with Riley wining the award. Well done.

Bruno
05-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Gotta love Pat.

Cool007
05-04-2011, 05:43 PM

Thanks and Appreciate it.

Sometimes you don't like someone that they did but that doesn't mean you shouldn't recognize the achievement and accolades etc.

I love them as players and I enjoy them playing and how they go all out on the court. I would love to have them on my team any day.

But that doesn't mean I have to like all of their actions yet, that doesn't mean I don't respect it.

Hawkeye15
05-04-2011, 05:47 PM
To the OP. Why on earth would you wait until the playoffs are over the hand out awards? Last year it would have been:

MVP: Kobe
COY: Phil Jackson
ROY: whatever rookie went furthest in the playoffs and contributed
DPOY: Artest

blah, blah, blah. Also, Rose wouldn't end up winning MVP if they waited. So are you sure that is what you would like to happen?

As for Riley, he has spent a couple years orchestrating this. He created the strongest three man core in the NBA in a landslide, has them for 6 years, with the ability to fine tune around them. He absolutely, 100% deserves Executive of the Year for the NBA, if not for all sports. He turned a .500 ball club with one star into a contender for the next 5-8 years. That is called getting your job done

h2r09
05-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Riley aquired Two MVP caliber players, and an all star; at a discounted price. He aquired these players at a cheap price, and signed veterans for minumum contracts to fill up the roaster. Miami is one of the best teams in the league, thanks to his skills. Well deserved.

Alot can be said about the chicago bulls too. They aquired A post scorer who averaged 20/10, a few Defensive pieces, bench dept, and a great shooter in korver. They also aquired a great coach. The bulls also increased their win record by 21 wins. I think john paxon deserved some credit too. However, I still agree with Riley wining the award. Well done.

he lucked into getting the mvp of the league and boozer was about their 3rd choice if they could have had anybody for the same price, and he hasnt shown much this year other than he is a good but nothing special power forward.

Wade_County
05-04-2011, 08:58 PM

I concur.

KnicksR4Real
05-04-2011, 09:14 PM
I'll wait a min and see if the mods let you get away with that language, if they do, i'll respond and let you know what every NBA fans other than Bulls fans really think of Derrick Rose, Luol Deng and, well who else?

I agree with your point about the bulls, but clowns really ain't that offensive.

KnicksR4Real
05-04-2011, 09:15 PM
Denvers

Astronaut
05-04-2011, 09:25 PM
I thought the Cavs GM was gonna get it :shrug:

Well deserved, Pat did an excellent job

I know that's intended as sarcasm, but Chris Grant made a great trade when he acquired Baron Davis/a 1st for the overrated Mo Williams.

Really sped up the rebuilding process.. Cavs MGMT is one of the only bright spots of the organization right now... You may hate Dan Gilbert, but he proved by the trade that he's willing to spend the money in order to win.

Anyways, Riley deserved it, probably pulled off the best free agency in NBA History.

Ty Fast
05-04-2011, 09:47 PM
go heat be-otch

Jaji
05-04-2011, 09:52 PM
I didn't mean that disrespectfully but rose has really been pretty bad in the playoffs...

:confused:

He's averaging 27 pts, 7 ast and 5 boards a game in the playoffs.

Jaji
05-04-2011, 09:53 PM
I think it should go to LeBron and/or Maverick Carter.

Draco
05-04-2011, 09:55 PM
tampering, ftw!

John Walls Era
05-04-2011, 09:56 PM
Easily the executive of the year

knicks4life33
05-04-2011, 10:42 PM
dwayne wade should have won it