PDA

View Full Version : Who still has Boston for the series?

Shalmibball
05-04-2011, 01:54 PM
I got them in 7. your opinion?

Chi StateOfMind
05-04-2011, 02:08 PM
I dont' know bro. I hade Boston winning in 6 but Miami has just looked hungrier and better. Boston has to win these next two at home for sure and then this might be a different story.

geraptor
05-04-2011, 02:11 PM
i dont see them winning in miami.

Shalmibball
05-04-2011, 02:11 PM
i dont see them winning in miami.

If it gets to game 7 I believe anything can happen.

Lil Half Dead
05-04-2011, 02:15 PM
I want to say Boston takes it in 7, But I really don't know about that anymore.

Chi StateOfMind
05-04-2011, 02:16 PM
If it gets to game 7 I believe anything can happen.

That's the big question "IF" it even gets there.

mikealike305
05-04-2011, 02:17 PM
^exactly

king4day
05-04-2011, 02:22 PM
I didn't like them before the series. They struggled to put away a depleted Knicks team and aren't healthy.

Kashmir13579
05-04-2011, 02:23 PM
i've had Heat in 7 the whole time. still sticking to it.

with that said, i would NEVER be surprised to see Boston steal this series. It'd also be fitting if they lost game 3 then went on to win 4 in a row. why not, right?

Baller1
05-04-2011, 02:26 PM
I didn't like them before the series. They struggled to put away a depleted Knicks team and aren't healthy.

They were the only team to sweep this year, I don't think they had much trouble putting the Knicks down in any way.

hgtiger32
05-04-2011, 02:28 PM
in my pre playoff predictions i had Miami in 7 depending on 3 factors. 1: KG-Bosh matchup 2: health of Shaq & 3: Rondo.

*Bosh had played to KG's level. Or maybe it's other way around, idk

*Shaq is still banged up. I'd be surprised if he plays in game 3 to be honest

*Rondo played great vs. Knicks but the C's just can't get into transition and the Heat play good D.

I think it could still go 7 and that be an awesome game 7. Go Boston

ChicagoRox
05-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Boston needs to step up their game. This series is now Miami's to lose. If i had to put a % on who wins this series now. 75% for Miami and 25% for the Celtics.

DoubleDragon
05-04-2011, 02:30 PM
http://*************/2011/05/can-the-celtics-rebound/

Miami won the games they were supposed to. I HATE the Celts, but I wouldn't count em out just yet. If it goes to 7 games, The Celts will win I think. And I say that with an anti-green heart;)

IMO

Fnom11
05-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Honestly it all depends on Shaq, he's the Celtics only chance in my opinion.

Lim
05-04-2011, 02:34 PM
well since only 14 teams have come back from 0-2 out of 245 tries... i think you gotta go with miami

SportsFanatic10
05-04-2011, 02:35 PM
i'm gonna guess that with the rest before saturday that boston wins game 3 at home. but i think miami takes game 4 in boston and then closes it out in game 5 or 6. don't think it'll go 7 but hey boston can't be counted out.

Fnom11
05-04-2011, 02:36 PM
well since only 14 teams have come back from 0-2 out of 245 tries... i think you gotta go with miami

Only 4 in the Semi-Con and 0 from the Eastern conference, heard all of this nonsense before. It's irrelevant, it's the Playoffs and anything can happen.

PrettyBoyJ
05-04-2011, 02:37 PM
I really dont know now.. this doesnt seem like the Boston team that owned Miami earlier this season.. I think it might be A Laker-Heat Finals

Giantwarrior
05-04-2011, 02:42 PM
Boston will DEFINITELY have to win the next 2 games at home.

but, I dont see Boson winning 4 out of 5 games remaining. although, stranger things have happened.

Giantwarrior
05-04-2011, 02:43 PM
if it goes 7, Boston will have the edge.

NYK|NYY
05-04-2011, 02:45 PM
BOS lost its swagger, they look like they can be pushed around, not good.

Fnom11
05-04-2011, 02:46 PM
if it goes 7, Boston will have the edge.

You really underestimating their age.

SeoulBeatz
05-04-2011, 02:54 PM
I had Boston because "i'm mad"

but it's clear that Miami is just dominating because they're younger and better.

That Lebron block on KG was the epitome of this series so far.

That was one of the most embarrassing plays I've ever seen and kinda sad to see a legend just too old to do that anymore.

eugene
05-04-2011, 03:00 PM
i give 10% to Boston, no more :(

Lim
05-04-2011, 03:04 PM
Only 4 in the Semi-Con and 0 from the Eastern conference, heard all of this nonsense before. It's irrelevant, it's the Playoffs and anything can happen.

not quite sure how this is irrelevant, this is something charles barkley would say. when only 5.7% of teams have come back from a 0-2 deficit in NBA history, choosing boston to win at this point wouldn't be the smartest thing in the world to do. and its not like that stat is a small sample size either, its out of 245 tries. you'd have a point if it was only like a 10 game sample

mikealike305
05-04-2011, 03:07 PM
this series ended with that block lebron had on KG lol

ohreally
05-04-2011, 03:08 PM
I want Boston to win because I prefer their style of basketball, and until they lose a home game it's hard to count them out. But yeah, judging from the play of both teams in the first two games, and the contributions of Miami's support cast so far, the Celts have a tough road ahead. It still remains to be seen though how Miami would react if Boston plays like Boston on Saturday.

Tarheels23
05-04-2011, 03:12 PM

but it's clear that Miami is just dominating because they're younger and better.

That was one of the most embarrassing plays I've ever seen and kinda sad to see a legend just too old to do that anymore.

Well lebron bodied him pretty hard and also shoved him with his off forearm but because it is lebron, nothing gets called. It was a ridiculous play but what is even more ridiculous is what james and wade get away with and the calls that they get when going to the basket. You can just see the frustration in the celtics' faces.

That being said, Miami takes this series. JO is giving the team all he has but without Shaq the celtics lack the interior defense to prevent wade, lebron (and bosh to an extent) from getting to the rim. Big Baby looks like one of the worst players in the NBA, Kristic is a big marshmallow, and Green looks like he just wants off of that team. Miami is too good for this Celtics team.

pd1dish
05-04-2011, 03:17 PM

heat in 7 at this point. i think that each team is just going to dominate too much at home but there have already been a lot of home court upsets, so who knows.

Tmath
05-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Whoever stern chooses :shrug:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-04-2011, 03:31 PM
They were the only team to sweep this year, I don't think they had much trouble putting the Knicks down in any way.

you obviously didn't watch games 1 and 2... They didn't have a problem in game 3 and 4 with no Chauncey, and a 50% Amare.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Heat
Heat
Boston
Heat
Heat

Miami in 5

farren.louis
05-04-2011, 03:36 PM
I do think boston is going to win, their actually beating themselves right now if you ask me.. Their rushing everything, the ball isnt moving, paul and ray are struggling missing shot that they usually make.. I think these next two home games get them on track and they stay on track and win the rest of the way. We all know in boston those jumps shot the heat are taking arent going to fall on the road.. so once boston win both at home their going to want to come back and finish it at home thats just extra "motivation" as they say

FadeAwayLikeMJ
05-04-2011, 03:42 PM
the way we've been playing the last 2 games, im very pesimistic right now.

Miami in 6 :(

PatsSoxKnicks
05-04-2011, 03:50 PM
I had Miami in 7 before this series but I wouldn't be surprised to see them take it in 5. In all honesty, I think the number of people that picked Boston on PSD had more to do with their hatred for Miami rather then basketball. I felt these 2 teams were pretty evenly matched going in but I think it is fairly obvious that Miami is the better team right now.

Boston's big 3 has never been down 2-0 in a series, so they are in a position they've never been in before.

And if Miami wins this series, I'm willing to guarantee that the Chicago/Atlanta winner loses to the Heat.

SeoulBeatz
05-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Well lebron bodied him pretty hard and also shoved him with his off forearm but because it is lebron, nothing gets called. It was a ridiculous play but what is even more ridiculous is what james and wade get away with and the calls that they get when going to the basket. You can just see the frustration in the celtics' faces.

That being said, Miami takes this series. JO is giving the team all he has but without Shaq the celtics lack the interior defense to prevent wade, lebron (and bosh to an extent) from getting to the rim. Big Baby looks like one of the worst players in the NBA, Kristic is a big marshmallow, and Green looks like he just wants off of that team. Miami is too good for this Celtics team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP3Pha9PJMI
Mmmm, nah that was a clean block dude, this is the playoffs.

Lebron went RIGHT UP with garnett. That's not "bodied" at all. Especially not in the postseason, that's one on one and Lebron messed him up.

And as a sixer fan who lost to the heat, it's useless to ***** about freethrows.

They have two extremely athletic players who are going to get contact at will.

And Miami is just being more aggressive, it's as simple as that. Sure they will get some superstar calls, but Boston's big three has to nut up and show that they are still hof players and stop taking midrange jumpers.

But that's where I worry because this may be the year where Boston becomes "too old".

Maybe they'll prove me wrong cause it's only two games, but they haven't been great these playoffs.

Rain 816
05-04-2011, 04:03 PM
Miami will be focused more then ever for game 3....and i think Haslem is coming back before Shaq....so dont be suprised if heat pull out a victory in game 3

$ NyC $
05-04-2011, 04:05 PM
No matter what the Celtics can't complain about any calls since they always get those no-calls anyways (Ahem KG Ahem).

I honestly thought the Celtics would beast but they been losing composure and i really can't make a call until i see how they play in game 3.

pebloemer
05-04-2011, 04:07 PM
I really dont know now.. this doesnt seem like the Boston team that owned Miami earlier this season.. I think it might be A Laker-Heat Finals

Agreed. This also doesn't look like the same Heat team either.

Crackadalic
05-04-2011, 04:08 PM
I hate the C's especially being swept and all the bs calls in game 1 but I had them in 6 but now I'm not to sure because I didn't expect the Heat to come out with so much fire.

championships
05-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Celts have to win these next two at home to have a chance. I think they can, Making this a whole new series.

I can't believe I actually want Boston to win. That never happens. This is how bad LeBron, The Heat, and their fan base have annoyed me. You know it's bad when laker fans like me and others rather see the Celtics win than the Miami Weap. Thanks *******s! for making me root for my most hated team :mad:

Chi StateOfMind
05-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Boston looks like the team when u play streetball and they've been runnin the courts and then this new team comes out and blasts them. The new team looks younger, fresher, hungrier, motivated and has the killer instinct. I know it's only 2-0 and Boston can come back but by judging these first two games Boston doesn't look good.

bathroom_man
05-04-2011, 04:23 PM
i hate miami but i think they gonna take this series..
celtics should be blaming themselves for being in this situation.
tanking games in the regular season. could of had home court against miami...
they thought they could win on the road like last yr but it aint last yr

and for trading away perkins, robinson, daniels and getting scrubs in krstic, green

celtics deserve to lose.. too arrogant

farren.louis
05-04-2011, 04:26 PM
and for trading away perkins, robinson, daniels and getting scrubs in krstic, green

:clap:

nickdymez
05-04-2011, 04:29 PM
Perkins trade killed Boston... Bottom line

mikealike305
05-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Celts have to win these next two at home to have a chance. I think they can, Making this a whole new series.

I can't believe I actually want Boston to win. That never happens. This is how bad LeBron, The Heat, and their fan base have annoyed me. You know it's bad when laker fans like me and others rather see the Celtics win than the Miami Weap. Thanks *******s! for making me root for my most hated team :mad:

its like when two rival super heros join forces to team up against the super bad guy cuz they cant do it alone, at first they think joining forces would never work, they are just to different, then along the way, they learn they arnt so different after all and slowly become pals.......

lol, sorry, hollywood needs new storylines.

Jewelz0376
05-04-2011, 04:36 PM
if boston wins the next two at home then they are right back in it...because I feel like if it came down to it boston could win a game 7 on the road..

ne3xchamps
05-04-2011, 04:42 PM
More arrogant heat fans. I'm still sticking with boston in 7, that was my original prediction. I hope the heat players aren't as over confident and cocky as their fans. Every time people want to count the c's out, they come back. However, IF the heat steal one in boston, its going to be a different story.

Redbull
05-04-2011, 04:44 PM
It will be very tough but the Celtics are a team that could do it, It really all depends on Shaq because he would be a HUGE help.

LeonFSU
05-04-2011, 04:45 PM

That was definitely a foul on LeBron.

ne3xchamps
05-04-2011, 04:45 PM
i hate miami but i think they gonna take this series..
celtics should be blaming themselves for being in this situation.
tanking games in the regular season. could of had home court against miami...
they thought they could win on the road like last yr but it aint last yr

perkins, yes has hurt. but he is an overrated player. look at what he has done in OKC... that's right noting. Ainge didn't want to pay him the money he wanted. Perkins only looked defensively good because IMO he was feeding off KG. Don't get me wrong I loved Perk, but now he is not with the celtics, you can really see what player he is.
And celtics arrogant?? :laugh: GTFU.

LeonFSU
05-04-2011, 04:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP3Pha9PJMI
Mmmm, nah that was a clean block dude, this is the playoffs.

Lebron went RIGHT UP with garnett. That's not "bodied" at all. Especially not in the postseason, that's one on one and Lebron messed him up.

And as a sixer fan who lost to the heat, it's useless to ***** about freethrows.

They have two extremely athletic players who are going to get contact at will.

And Miami is just being more aggressive, it's as simple as that. Sure they will get some superstar calls, but Boston's big three has to nut up and show that they are still hof players and stop taking midrange jumpers.

But that's where I worry because this may be the year where Boston becomes "too old".

Maybe they'll prove me wrong cause it's only two games, but they haven't been great these playoffs.

He pushed Garnett with his left arm before he was ever near the ball. Definitely a foul.

ne3xchamps
05-04-2011, 04:47 PM
I see how this thread is turning out.. celtic hate.. but its all good.

justinnum1
05-04-2011, 04:50 PM
You can not rule Boston out, yes they look like they are toast, but this is a 7 game series, a win for them in game 3, followed up by a win in game 4 would tie this series and really make things interesting. But the way miami is playing and with the confidence they have, i see them taking one in boston.

mikealike305
05-04-2011, 04:53 PM
More arrogant heat fans. I'm still sticking with boston in 7, that was my original prediction. I hope the heat players aren't as over confident and cocky as their fans. Every time people want to count the c's out, they come back. However, IF the heat steal one in boston, its going to be a different story.

arrogant heat fans? buddy u act as if were the only ones that feel this way. open your eyes dude and read more than a heat fans post. most LA and chi fans feel the same way most heat fans do about this series.

also. please stop with the whole "dont count us out" or "your going to see a diferent boston team on tuesday" cuz both times u have been wrong so far. guess the odds are on your side cuz u have to be right eventually.

look i dont think boston is a cake walk. they will make it hard for the heat, but dont be surprised if this series goes 5. the heat are just flat out, out playing boston right now

JordansBulls
05-04-2011, 04:54 PM
It all depends on game 3 now. If they get that, I think they can win, if not it is over.

Kashmir13579
05-04-2011, 04:58 PM

GOOD! see how they like it.

bathroom_man
05-04-2011, 05:00 PM
perkins, yes has hurt. but he is an overrated player. look at what he has done in OKC... that's right noting. Ainge didn't want to pay him the money he wanted. Perkins only looked defensively good because IMO he was feeding off KG. Don't get me wrong I loved Perk, but now he is not with the celtics, you can really see what player he is.
And celtics arrogant?? :laugh: GTFU.

perkins may have been overrated but he fits in well with the celtics. their defense isnt the same but i agree on the money thing. the krstic dude is another scalabrine. hes more useless than perkins with OKC...

yeah they were arrogant during the regular season.. losing games at the end of the season to bum teams while miami played all out. like i said, they could of had HCA over miami but chose not too. so far it has backfire the first 2 games

just cuz u can win games on the road last yr doesnt mean you win it again this year. like they say... yesterday is history, today is a mystery

ne3xchamps
05-04-2011, 05:04 PM
arrogant heat fans? buddy u act as if were the only ones that feel this way. open your eyes dude and read more than a heat fans post. most LA and chi fans feel the same way most heat fans do about this series.

also. please stop with the whole "dont count us out" or "your going to see a diferent boston team on tuesday" cuz both times u have been wrong so far. guess the odds are on your side cuz u have to be right eventually.

look i dont think boston is a cake walk. they will make it hard for the heat, but dont be surprised if this series goes 5. the heat are just flat out, out playing boston right now

well its just the overall dumb posts made by heat fans. not just this forum, just an observation.

bathroom_man
heat are lucky that the celtics dont have these players:

perkins, daniels, robinson, shaq or scalabrine

wouldnt say the heat would lost but it would more competitve than it is.

SportsFanatic10
only thing going the celtics way right now besides going back home is the rest period before game 3. heat will win 1 of games 3 or 4 in IMO and once that happens its likely done but i still won't be sleeping easy till they win 4 games against them cuz celtics are a special team. ray allen scares the **** out of me everytime he throws up a 3 lol.

ne3xchamps
05-04-2011, 05:07 PM
perkins may have been overrated but he fits in well with the celtics. their defense isnt the same but i agree on the money thing. the krstic dude is another scalabrine. hes more useless than perkins with OKC...

yeah they were arrogant during the regular season.. losing games at the end of the season to bum teams while miami played all out. like i said, they could of had HCA over miami but chose not too. so far it has backfire the first 2 games

just cuz u can win games on the road last yr doesnt mean you win it again this year. like they say... yesterday is history, today is a mystery

that's all fine and well. Even if the celtics lose, I still have all my other teams to be excited for. not every fan base can say that.:p

championships
05-04-2011, 05:07 PM
its like when two rival super heros join forces to team up against the super bad guy cuz they cant do it alone, at first they think joining forces would never work, they are just to different, then along the way, they learn they arnt so different after all and slowly become pals.......

lol, sorry, hollywood needs new storylines.

http://i.imgur.com/gCnKN.jpg

Gibby23
05-04-2011, 05:09 PM
that's all fine and well. Even if the celtics lose, I still have all my other teams to be excited for. not every fan base can say that.:p

The Celtics are about to go back to what they were in the 1990's and most of the 2000's. They are going to be bad for a long time.

dtmagnet
05-04-2011, 05:10 PM
They're done, I'd say Miami is the favorite now to win the title. Boston was the one team I thought could stop them.

SoxRTattedOnMe
You can say all you want but it all depends how the game is called.... If the game is called in MIA favor then obviously Heat will win. It has nothing to do with who is more aggresive cause the celtics drive to the lane as well but get far less called on them..Example : The Heat fouled more then the celtics BUT received 14 more free throws????? In other words refs blowing the whistle on certain plays and not on others. In the 4th QT they were 1 foul away of being in the penalty early.... the refs made sure to avoid the next call

ne3xchamps
http://i.imgur.com/gCnKN.jpg

:laugh: @ bosh being catwoman! priceless!

bathroom_man
05-04-2011, 05:12 PM

good to hear that. but if my lakers decide to lose. i want boston or chicago to win it all. but im afraid these damn heat might win it all. they're playing so damn well.
i rather have the big 3 in boston with another ring than lebron james with 1.

ne3xchamps
05-04-2011, 05:13 PM
The Celtics are about to go back to what they were in the 1990's and most of the 2000's. They are going to be bad for a long time.

believe what you want, say what you want. I've been a die hard fan through the bad days, so ITS ALL GOOD! :) You will be surprised when danny ainge doesn't let the team fall off again. You can't keep us NE fans down. 86 years for the redsox to win, pats were a welcome mat for a long time, and the b's just about the same.

hugepatsfan
05-04-2011, 05:14 PM
BOS just can't score. People can point to the Perk trade all they want, but the fact of the matter is BOS can't score right now. Replacing Green and Krstic w/ Perk certainly isn't going to help you there. Pierce is the only one remaining of the Big 3 that can create shots for himself, but him having to guard Lebron takes up most of his energy. They need to start creating offense or they have no shot.

ne3xchamps
05-04-2011, 05:15 PM
good to hear that. but if my lakers decide to lose. i want boston or chicago to win it all. but im afraid these damn heat might win it all. they're playing so damn well.
i rather have the big 3 in boston with another ring than lebron james with 1.

I'm with ya man. I'm just one of the few that aren't counting out the c's. they WILL come out swinging. especially with shaq.

bathroom_man
05-04-2011, 05:16 PM

but let them win just 1 more and have them rotten for life than having the heat win.

but i also dont want the 3 celtics players to retire as champs...
but i dont want lebron to win 1 either..lol
go chicago

bathroom_man
05-04-2011, 05:24 PM
BOS just can't score. People can point to the Perk trade all they want, but the fact of the matter is BOS can't score right now. Replacing Green and Krstic w/ Perk certainly isn't going to help you there. Pierce is the only one remaining of the Big 3 that can create shots for himself, but him having to guard Lebron takes up most of his energy. They need to start creating offense or they have no shot.

nate robinson, marquis daniesl, tony allen can all score
they should have kept perkins cuz u cant count on shaq to be healthy. perkins could been a good backup for jermaine oneal.
plus he had good chemistry with the team and knows the system
krstic, green, west, not enough time for chemistry and thats what hurt them

i ask, why didnt they trade perkins or get rid of him after this season instead of middle of season? same with nate robinson, marquis daniels

why not go all out this yr because the big 3 next yr will be 38, 37, 36 yrs old and cant compete?

SportsFanatic10
05-04-2011, 05:24 PM

True the offense is struggling i think its mostly because they are working so hard on D. They could really use Tony Allen and Perkins right now to lighten the defensive load on their stars so they could score more. Hell even Bosh is outplaying Garnett so far:D....all that and age looks to be finally catching up to these HOFers.

3RDASYSTEM
05-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Miami's 2 of Big 3 will show up and the bench players will be so scared out of their minds for those 2 games in Beantown, cant really call it but 1 of those games will be tight and the Celts will win the other not easy but get it done Beantown style, if game 7 is played then Lebron i mean ESPN i mean Stern will most def. not let Beantown get thru just based off the ratings the Heatles generate, look for a Heatles/Mavs Final unless Celts/Thunder play spoiler

avrpatsfan
05-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Shaq is critical. I say if Shaq comes back we take games 3 and 4.

TheRunKiller
05-04-2011, 05:39 PM
I still think this series is going to 7 games

JWO35
05-04-2011, 05:40 PM
Man...Its not looking good, like ^^ said Shaq is critical. No Shaq this could be over in 5gms. With Diesel(and everyone else healthy) it can become a Game 7 All or Nothing.

Jaji
05-04-2011, 05:41 PM
Boston is done. Miami might sweep this thing. Boston Massacre part 2. Crispus Attucks is turning in his grave.

Jaji
05-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Shaq is critical? What is this 2006?

SteBO
05-04-2011, 05:46 PM
Shaq can't play anymore than 10-15 minutes per game, so I don't see how he could make as big a difference as everyone is saying he would. When you're out that long, combined with his age, not to mention the injury itself which was an achilles injury, you're bound to strain something. Shaq will not be a big difference maker. It will come down to the play of Boston's big 4, not Shaq. BTW, Rondo, Allen, and Pierce have injuries that will more than likely hinder them, Rondo and Allen less so. I heard Pierce had an achilles problem, so that's not good news, and KG just isn't himself. That would have to change for the Celtics to get back in this series.

Sportfan
05-04-2011, 05:47 PM
Boston is done. Miami might sweep this thing. Boston Massacre part 2. Crispus Attucks is turning in his grave.
lol gudone

As long as Boton takes Game 3 they have a chance. Just ask James Jones, all it takes is a hot streak to get things rolling

bathroom_man
05-04-2011, 05:48 PM
Shaq is critical. I say if Shaq comes back we take games 3 and 4.

not so sure.. shaq hasnt played in how many months? he'll be rusty as hell.. but all he gotta do is knock down james and wade & the little things eand he'll be effective. be even better if he breaks the 2 guys legs. lol

Sportfan
05-04-2011, 05:48 PM
Shaq can't play anymore than 10-15 minutes per game, so I don't see how he could make as big a difference as everyone is saying he would. When you're out that long, combined with his age, not to mention the injury itself which was an achilles injury, you're bound to strain something. Shaq will not be a big difference maker. It will come down to the play of Boston's big 4, not Shaq. BTW, Rondo, Allen, and Pierce have injuries that will more than likely hinder them, Rondo and Allen less so. I heard Pierce had an achilles problem, so that's not good news, and KG just isn't himself. That would have to change for the Celtics to get back in this series.
those 15-20 minutes he plays will be HUGE, because Lebron and Wade will have to take a few more J's with Shaq clogging up the paint, which is huge. Lebron and Wade are getting to the rim with ease

bathroom_man
05-04-2011, 05:52 PM

agree..but i rather have a proven shaq clogging the lane than his brother jermaine & krstic.. plus he can draws some fouls here and there.. but he should retire already.. hope he proves me wrong tho

SteBO
05-04-2011, 05:56 PM
those 15-20 minutes he plays will be HUGE, because Lebron and Wade will have to take a few more J's with Shaq clogging up the paint, which is huge. Lebron and Wade are getting to the rim with ease

agree..but i rather have a proven shaq clogging the lane than his brother jermaine & krstic.. plus he can draws some fouls here and there.. but he should retire already.. hope he proves me wrong tho

If he doesn't reinjure himself that is. He's missed way too much time to be as effective as you think. You guys are right though, I would rather have Shaq in there instead of Krstic and JO, if I'm a BOS fan that is. Games 3&4 are very scary games for the Heat imo. BOS is a different team at home. Plus role players tend to play better at home, as you saw @MIA in games 1&2.

bathroom_man
05-04-2011, 06:07 PM
if u let one of the scrubs heat player go off again, boston is in deep trouble (Joel Anthony, jermaine jones) i still cant believe of all people, joel anthony

Jaji
05-04-2011, 06:20 PM

Shaq can get dunked on just like the rest. Shaq's forte has always been offense. Even if he was a dominant defender in his prime (which he wasn't) that was a looooonnnnggg time ago. Shaq would be wise to stay on the bench and save himself from the embarrassment the rest of the C's are going through. D Wade spinning KG around, LBJ putting his nuts in KG's face before blocking his shot (he was that high above his old :moon:), D Wade breaking Jesus' ankles, Jesus getting a chest contusion just by bumping into LeBron, Rondo trying to take a charge and LBJ not even noticing... Boston looks bad out there. Shaq would only add to the laughing stock IMO.

Jaji
05-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Bill Russell would be more effective than Shaq at this point.

MrfadeawayJB
05-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Not this guy

--------->:cool:<----------

LakersA's49ers
05-04-2011, 06:39 PM
ppl definitely cant write boston off. thats for sure. miami isnt invincible. but they are pretty solid RIGHT NOW

COOLbeans
05-04-2011, 07:50 PM
I got Boston. Big Baby, Shaq (barring he plays), Green, or somebody like that HAS to have some big games. Rondo has to play MUCH better.

jimbobjarree
05-04-2011, 07:54 PM
yeah, why not

Wade_County
05-04-2011, 08:57 PM
Even if Shaq comes back, I cant see him playing more then 15 a game, and will he even be effective at all in those 15 mins?

Miami will hopefully be getting Haslem in game 3. And going forward thats a bigger advantage to MIA then it is for Boston to get back Shaq.

uchiha
05-04-2011, 09:53 PM

I'm pretty sure that both Bron and Wade can drive the ball right at Shaq and he will be in foul trouble within 5 minutes of entering the game

koreancabbage
05-04-2011, 10:22 PM
Honestly it all depends on Shaq, he's the Celtics only chance in my opinion.

how so? Shaq is gonna slow down the Celt's defence even more. He's not the mean shot blocker or intimidating presence anymore and his shooting/freethrow shooting isn't going to help them. He can't finish with the best of them anymore.
but he has fresh legs. thats the only thing.

boston has to be more aggressive with their play and more deliberate. Pierce has to get into the paint (and shoot free throws) or they are not even close to winnig

Car Ramrod
05-04-2011, 10:54 PM
Boston looks old. Miami is playing well but Boston is helping them...alot. No one on Boston is taking the team on their back. They seem to spend more time whining than winning.

Chi StateOfMind
05-04-2011, 11:00 PM

They could say the same thing about Udonis Haslem. What makes him a factor if he comes back.

carnage101
05-04-2011, 11:10 PM
miami is really supposed to win 2 at home y'all got balls if u think its over

mballa22191
05-05-2011, 12:09 AM
Series does not start until a home team loses or its game 7

Jaji
05-05-2011, 12:16 AM
They could say the same thing about Udonis Haslem. What makes him a factor if he comes back.

Difference is Miami is already up 2-0. They're not looking for Haslem to be their savior. Shaq isn't going to make a difference while Haslem doesn't have to. See the difference? Boston needs a prayer right now. Jesus Shuttlesworth anyone?

Jaji
05-05-2011, 12:22 AM
Series does not start until a home team loses or its game 7

While this is true, Miami has really dominated this series. The scores haven't really indicated it but Boston is being embarrassed right now. They have shown nothing to make a knowledgeable fan think they have a chance. IMO it's more likely that the C's literally quit and walk off the floor than come back and win this series.

JB0B0
05-05-2011, 12:26 AM
I have Miami in 6. They will split in Boston, Boston will win game 5 in Miami and Miami ends it in Boston in game 6.

davids22
05-05-2011, 12:57 AM
I see Boston winning game 3 for sure, but then Miami is too much for Boston and takes Game 4. Miami will win then either in game 5 or 6, doesn't matter really.

Originally, I said it like this. If Miami wins their first 2 games at home, then Miami in 7. But if Boston takes one of the first two, Boston in 6. Watching the first two games, and it's been all Miami. So I'm going to say Miami in 5 or 6 now. Probably 6 just to be safe.

Shalmibball
05-05-2011, 01:32 AM
Game 3 is make or break safe to say..

Shalmibball
05-05-2011, 02:13 AM
I see Boston winning game 3 for sure, but then Miami is too much for Boston and takes Game 4. Miami will win then either in game 5 or 6, doesn't matter really.

Originally, I said it like this. If Miami wins their first 2 games at home, then Miami in 7. But if Boston takes one of the first two, Boston in 6. Watching the first two games, and it's been all Miami. So I'm going to say Miami in 5 or 6 now. Probably 6 just to be safe.

LOL. really? well see...

ilovemyangel
05-05-2011, 06:12 AM
We need to come out swinging for the rest of the series or else if Miami wins game 3, then its really over. GO CELTICS!

dodie53
05-05-2011, 07:01 AM
i don't

magichatnumber9
05-05-2011, 07:35 AM
I'm a C's fan and I don't see them winning this. Paul's strained foot, Ray's ribs, and Rondo's feet. Health and age hurts this team.

daleja424
05-05-2011, 07:43 AM
I think the odd are obviously in Miami's favor but I wouldn't count Boston out. I h ave a feeling that we will see a more aggressive Boston team back in the Garden and the series will become highly competitive from that point forward.

IMO I see Miami losing Game 3, but then bouncing back in game 4.

The scheduling really helps Boston out right now and I think they will come out with more energy this weekend, but on the short schedule again they will struggle in game 4.

TylerSL
05-05-2011, 08:14 AM
I think the odd are obviously in Miami's favor but I wouldn't count Boston out. I h ave a feeling that we will see a more aggressive Boston team back in the Garden and the series will become highly competitive from that point forward.

The scheduling really helps Boston out right now and I think they will come out with more energy this weekend, but on the short schedule again they will struggle in game 4.

this

Heater4life
05-05-2011, 08:22 AM
You can say all you want but it all depends how the game is called.... If the game is called in MIA favor then obviously Heat will win. It has nothing to do with who is more aggresive cause the celtics drive to the lane as well but get far less called on them..Example : The Heat fouled more then the celtics BUT received 14 more free throws????? In other words refs blowing the whistle on certain plays and not on others. In the 4th QT they were 1 foul away of being in the penalty early.... the refs made sure to avoid the next call

In other words Heat getting fouled in the act of shooting???

Heater4life
05-05-2011, 08:27 AM

Agree. Boston is too good to count them out. People are acting like this series is over. Miami has played well but they only did what they were supposed to, hold home court. I think if they win game 3 they knock the air out of Boston. All i know is they have to win at least one in Boston. Preferably game 3 :D

SteBO
05-05-2011, 08:43 AM
I can't understand why everyone's saying BOS is done. This series is far from over. The Heat have to get at least one game @BOS for me to feel confident that we'll this series. BOS has way too much pride and firepower at the top to be taken down so easily. They'll be ready for us on Saturday, because I know they're fuming at their play recently.

justinnum1
05-05-2011, 08:43 AM

And you think shaq will stop wade or lebron? lmfao...lebron is a ****ing train, aint nothing stopping him. The only good thing shaq can do is maybe prevent spo from playing joel anthony, who has absolutely shut down the celtics.

Doc better figure out a new way for his team to get points, miami's D has taken it up to another level, best defense in the playoffs.

rudygetz
05-05-2011, 10:56 AM
if u let one of the scrubs heat player go off again, boston is in deep trouble (Joel Anthony, jermaine jones) i still cant believe of all people, joel anthony

These are the type of quality posts I enjoy to read...

You sir know nothing. :facepalm:

I'd say most teams in the league would love to have Joel Anthony coming off their bench, guy is a work horse.

and who is jermain jones??? you're a fool

Tarheels23
05-05-2011, 11:52 AM
And you think shaq will stop wade or lebron? lmfao...lebron is a ****ing train, aint nothing stopping him. The only good thing shaq can do is maybe prevent spo from playing joel anthony, who has absolutely shut down the celtics.

Doc better figure out a new way for his team to get points, miami's D has taken it up to another level, best defense in the playoffs.

Ummm Shaq is 7'3 and weighs 330+lbs. That will slow down anything trying to attack the rim.

Hangtime
05-05-2011, 12:06 PM
Shaq can get dunked on just like the rest. Shaq's forte has always been offense. Even if he was a dominant defender in his prime (which he wasn't) that was a looooonnnnggg time ago. Shaq would be wise to stay on the bench and save himself from the embarrassment the rest of the C's are going through. D Wade spinning KG around, LBJ putting his nuts in KG's face before blocking his shot (he was that high above his old :moon:), D Wade breaking Jesus' ankles, Jesus getting a chest contusion just by bumping into LeBron, Rondo trying to take a charge and LBJ not even noticing... Boston looks bad out there. Shaq would only add to the laughing stock IMO.

It's laughable that the hopes lay with a 39 year old man with an achilles and calf injury to come back in the middle of a second round playoff series to give them a huge spark off the bench. Miami has gotten confident and it is both James and Wade who are determined to beat this Celtic team to avenge previous playoff losses. They are just hungrier. I refuse to think Boston gets swept here, but ultimately this series goes to Miami. Boston not winning 4 out of 5.

Those guys are banged up. Miami could simply pick and roll Shaq's slow rotating *** all game long. He is not going to change the momentum of this series. Rondo has to get back to attacking the lane and decrease the turnovers.

hugepatsfan
05-05-2011, 12:24 PM
lmao at all these people talking about Shaq. He'll play 10-15 minutes a game at best. BOS needs and Rondo to step up their offensive games. Ray needs to start hitting shots too. Pierce is guarding Lebron so you can't realistically expect him to have much left on offense.

sep11ie
05-05-2011, 12:42 PM
To the OP.

Are you part owl?

Tony_Starks
05-05-2011, 01:23 PM
With a healthy Shaq I thought Boston had a chance but surprise surprise Shaq has goofed off once again. People are really underestimating his impact he could've had. Even in a limited role he's still good for points in the paint, clogging up the middle, and most importantly helping to get the other team in the penalty early.

With a healthy Shaq no doubt they get a split in MIA.......

SteBO
05-05-2011, 01:25 PM
With a healthy Shaq I thought Boston had a chance but surprise surprise Shaq has goofed off once again. People are really underestimating his impact he could've had. Even in a limited role he's still good for points in the paint, clogging up the middle, and most importantly helping to get the other team in the penalty early.

With a healthy Shaq no doubt they get a split in MIA.......

The split @MIA didn't happen. They're up 2-0 heading to BOS.

brad33240
05-05-2011, 01:58 PM

Keep pimpin' that blog, dude. We know it ain't easy.

Tony_Starks
05-05-2011, 02:09 PM
The split @MIA didn't happen. They're up 2-0 heading to BOS.

Thanks I wasn't aware of that.....

brad33240
05-05-2011, 02:29 PM
Thanks I wasn't aware of that.....

Uh earth to Brent, I'm not so sure you did cuz you were all 'well I'm sure he's heard of styling gel' like you *didn't* know it was a joke!

I like Heat in 5. Boston wins game 4.

epumpers21
05-05-2011, 02:53 PM
I got Boston in 6. Im not really impressed with the Heat yet. The celtics just need to stop turning the ball over and its a wrap. Boston will take the next 4. games 3 and 4 will be blowouts and and game 5 celtics will win a close one. game 6 ray will put the heat away with a game-winning dagger! easy

Tony_Starks
05-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Kenny said it best the other night, Miami are very good front runners. When Boston grabs a game or two and the pressure is back on them it will be interesting to see how they react. So far they did what they were supposed to do.......

Jaji
05-05-2011, 02:57 PM
I got Boston in 6. Im not really impressed with the Heat yet. The celtics just need to stop turning the ball over and its a wrap. Boston will take the next 4. games 3 and 4 will be blowouts and and game 5 celtics will win a close one. game 6 ray will put the heat away with a game-winning dagger! easy

BOLD prediction there, buddy. Bold as hell.

SportsFanatic10
05-05-2011, 05:40 PM
shaq over/under 5 mins in game 3?

ShiroRX
05-05-2011, 05:57 PM
1. It's pretty sad that the Celtics and their fans are so out of options and excuses, that they're looking to 2011 Shaq to make a difference for them in Game 3. I'm toking atm and can't imagine the crap you people are smoking to delude this conclusion lol

2. It's also laughable people thought the Heat weren't gonna come out with fire. You've got a bunch of guys (Lebron included) who are fiending, ravenous, HUNGRY for a title. All this Celtics team has done is put blood in the water.

Our sharks smell it.

ShiroRX
05-05-2011, 06:05 PM
shaq over/under 5 mins in game 3?

He'll get the crap blocked out of him within 2 minutes by Lebron or The Warden and he'll come out the next play stop. Doc ain't that desperate.

jp611
05-05-2011, 06:07 PM
I see Boston taking the next 2 games, and its anyone series from there

justinnum1
05-05-2011, 06:11 PM
1. It's pretty sad that the Celtics and their fans are so out of options and excuses, that they're looking to 2011 Shaq to make a difference for them in Game 3. I'm toking atm and can't imagine the crap you people are smoking to delude this conclusion lol

2. It's also laughable people thought the Heat weren't gonna come out with fire. You've got a bunch of guys (Lebron included) who are fiending, ravenous, HUNGRY for a title. All this Celtics team has done is put blood in the water.

Our sharks smell it.

epic post

ankit
05-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Gt Boston in 7 watch the real big four will kick the three nagging stooges

SportsFanatic10
05-05-2011, 06:28 PM

Our sharks smell it.

great post indeed...i know wades got that killer instinct and lebron wants it soo bad. they are not gonna let this thing get away from them in my opinion.

SportsFanatic10
05-05-2011, 06:29 PM

lol miami's big 2 pretty much outscore bostons big 4. hell in game 1 wade outscored all 5 of bostons starters by himself in the first half. and in half the fg attempts.

E.O.21
05-05-2011, 06:30 PM
I still got the Celtics in 7. We gotta get the next 2 games so the momentum will go to us

hugepatsfan
05-05-2011, 06:46 PM
At this point, how can anyone sit there and pick BOS. They have no offense right now.

TheRunKiller
05-05-2011, 06:48 PM

i agree:laugh2:

theheatles
05-05-2011, 06:50 PM
At this point, how can anyone sit there and pick BOS. They have no offense right now.

^
although bostons poor offense is attributed to the heats stellar D

TheRunKiller
05-05-2011, 06:50 PM
lol miami's big 2 pretty much outscore bostons big 4. hell in game 1 wade outscored all 5 of bostons starters by himself in the first half. and in half the fg attempts.

they sure did but those games are over now...worry about games 3 & 4 in boston

hugepatsfan
05-05-2011, 06:54 PM
^
although bostons poor offense is attributed to the heats stellar D

To a certain extent, yes. But BOS does not have anyone that can create their own shot, except for Pierce. And he is pretty much taken out of the offensive end because he has to use all of his energy on trying to guard Lebron.

Ray gets open looks off of screens but he can't iso and get his shot. KG doesn't have the same lift as he used to so he can't always get shots off from the post. Rondo is more of a distributor than a scorer.

That's why I supported the Perk trade. People point to Perk's defense, but BOS had/has a desperate need for offense. Getting Shaq back would help a little I guess because w/ his size he's still a scoring threat that opens things up on the perimeter. But he really can't be counted on for more than 10 minutes if anything.

ChitownBears22
05-05-2011, 06:55 PM

Maybe the Baby Bulls should worry about closing out games away. The struggled away against Indiana and now they are going into a hostile ATL against a team that can shoot. Can't expect a team like that to come out flat every game. ATL already stole a home game from you so the ball is in there court to close out at home.

ShiroRX
05-05-2011, 06:57 PM
I still got the Celtics in 7. We gotta get the next 2 games so the momentum will go to us

It probably took a long time to copy that picture in that sig, that's not the kinda commitment you can go back on lightly.

ChitownBears22
05-05-2011, 06:57 PM
To a certain extent, yes. But BOS does not have anyone that can create their own shot, except for Pierce. And he is pretty much taken out of the offensive end because he has to use all of his energy on trying to guard Lebron.

Ray gets open looks off of screens but he can't iso and get his shot. KG doesn't have the same lift as he used to so he can't always get shots off from the post. Rondo is more of a distributor than a scorer.

That's why I supported the Perk trade. People point to Perk's defense, but BOS had/has a desperate need for offense. Getting Shaq back would help a little I guess because w/ his size he's still a scoring threat that opens things up on the perimeter. But he really can't be counted on for more than 10 minutes if anything.

I would like to see Jeff Green get some more minutes. When he is in there he is ready to shoot. A very good person to give minutes to while the other scorers are resting.

m26555
05-05-2011, 06:59 PM
I still think Boston wins this series. If anyone can come back from being down 2-0, it's the Celtics.

balla4life22
05-05-2011, 07:02 PM
i believe in the celtics

SportsFanatic10
05-05-2011, 07:04 PM

wow you just pop up everywhere with your negativity lol. maybe you should worry about games 3 and 4 in atlanta as well. and i've never overlooked boton in fact heres my post from earlier in this thread.

only thing going the celtics way right now besides going back home is the rest period before game 3. heat will win 1 of games 3 or 4 in IMO and once that happens its likely done but i still won't be sleeping easy till they win 4 games against them cuz celtics are a special team. ray allen scares the **** out of me everytime he throws up a 3 lol.

TheRunKiller
05-05-2011, 07:10 PM
wow you just pop up everywhere with your negativity lol. maybe you should worry about games 3 and 4 in atlanta as well. and i've never overlooked boton in fact heres my post from earlier in this thread.

i am worried about the next 2 games in ATL:(

SportsFanatic10
05-05-2011, 07:13 PM
as am i with the celtics games so thats good were both taking it seriously lol

ShiroRX
05-05-2011, 07:17 PM
We just gotta do what we did to Allen last game. Make him look like a walking corpse.

SportsFanatic10
05-05-2011, 08:01 PM
miami has actually been a better road team then home team this year. i hope that trend continues.

ShiroRX
05-05-2011, 08:06 PM
miami has actually been a better road team then home team this year. i hope that trend continues.

Lebron smells it man. He smells the trophy.

theheatles
05-05-2011, 08:12 PM

the heat are the best road team in the whole league ;)

SportsFanatic10
05-05-2011, 08:13 PM
yeah tied with dallas...that dallas team is starting to worry me even though alot has to happen before we'd ever wind up playing them.

ShiroRX
05-05-2011, 08:18 PM
yeah tied with dallas...that dallas team is starting to worry me even though alot has to happen before we'd ever wind up playing them.

Don't worry so much. Mark Cuban only gets this far in the playoffs to be let down even harder.

justinnum1
05-05-2011, 08:18 PM

Lets let dallas do what they do best...choke;)

TheRunKiller
05-05-2011, 11:09 PM
Lets let dallas do what they do best...choke;)

who has choked more this season?

SportsFanatic10
05-05-2011, 11:13 PM
who had a team featuring almost an entirely new roster that needed to gel?

TheRunKiller
05-05-2011, 11:15 PM

the bulls?

SportsFanatic10
05-05-2011, 11:21 PM
somewhat but not like the heat though so no. with the bulls its different cuz they weren't stars figuring out their new role together it was players that already knew their role getting plugged in. a new coach was one thing though so i'll mention that but spo was a new coach for most of the heat too.

i think joel anthony, wade, james jones, chalmers and haslem(hasn't even really played) are the only players that were on the heat roster last year. there was magloire too but he doesn't play so he doesn't count. pretty much bench players besides wade and everyone else was new.

TheRunKiller
05-05-2011, 11:28 PM

most of the choking was the last 6 weeks of the season. they weren't gelled then either?

SportsFanatic10
05-05-2011, 11:30 PM
haha nobody has choked yet(thats left) its the playoffs and the heat are still standing. we'll see who chokes in the coming weeks.

ohreally
05-05-2011, 11:32 PM
I see Boston taking the next 2 games, and its anyone series from there

I expect the same.

The Flash
05-05-2011, 11:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMAr-0AhX7M&feature=player_embedded