PDA

View Full Version : man up!

jzero
05-04-2011, 10:24 AM
why do fanbases always seek approval for their players from outside of their fanbase?
e.g. heat fans always want lebron to be acknowledged as the best even though he has no ring
e.g. lakers fans want kobe to be acknowledged as the best even though he is in decline
e.g. bulls fans want every1 to love rose just like they do even though he's done nothing to impress other people outside of chicago
if some1 doesn't appreciate your favorite player get over it and move on

ShiroRX
05-04-2011, 10:27 AM
I don't think heat fans always want lebron to be acknowledged as the best.

Most of us are fine acknowledging Wade as the best.

jzero
05-04-2011, 10:30 AM
I don't think heat fans always want lebron to be acknowledged as the best.

Most of us are fine acknowledging Wade as the best.

the point im trying to make is that why argue against someone who doesn't agree with us
its a subjective argument and it's not going to be resolved

Double_R
05-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Why do "2 word" threads keep popping up from Heat fans? Rember this...

jzero
05-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Why do "2 word" threads keep popping up from Heat fans? Rember this...

how many times has it been mentioned?
and its not a subjective argument at all
we're simply telling you to remember something
if it affects you then that's your problem, go have a cry about it :)

Rentzias
05-04-2011, 10:42 AM
why do fanbases always seek approval for their players from outside of their fanbase?
e.g. heat fans always want lebron to be acknowledged as the best even though he has no ring
e.g. lakers fans want kobe to be acknowledged as the best even though he is in decline
e.g. bulls fans want every1 to love rose just like they do even though he's done nothing to impress other people outside of chicago

Because our fanbase will already have majority opinions about our players. It's the same reason that if a game is televised locally and on TNT, I watch the TNT version, because you get a different perspective. If you seek approval, then you either get a disagreement, or an agreement, and either way, you know what that fanbase thinks of your players.

king4day
05-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Since fans of teams see that player more than anyone else, they have every right to argue they have the best player. It's not like there's a drastic difference between Kobe, Lebron, and Rose anyway.
This is what forums are for.

benzni
05-04-2011, 10:56 AM
way to finally figure it out man :cheers:

Avenged
05-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Good point..

But objectivity is viewed highly on here. There's nothing wrong with wanting other fan bases approval, but it's when you don't get that approval when others get offensive.

Tmath
05-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Heat, Lakers and Bulls should be contracted from PSD.

mikealike305
05-04-2011, 11:32 AM
^ that would leave just NY fans.....

RZZZA
05-04-2011, 11:39 AM
every fan base hates the fans of every other fan base, what else is new?

its much more pronounced on this forum though, for whatever reason

Tarheels23
05-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Since fans of teams see that player more than anyone else, they have every right to argue they have the best player. It's not like there's a drastic difference between Kobe, Lebron, and Rose anyway.

You have got to be ******** me

Tmath
05-04-2011, 11:41 AM
^ that would leave just NY fans.....

What has NY won lately. I actually feel happy for them that they are somewhat relevant now.

Miami, LA and Chicago have been spoilt for years.

Avenged
05-04-2011, 11:46 AM
What has NY won lately. I actually feel happy for them that they are somewhat relevant now.

Not really.

Only one on that list that has been is L.A.

But Miami? They've only won it all 1 time.

The Bulls? They won it like 14 years ago.

SteBO
05-04-2011, 11:48 AM
I personally don't need other fans to coddle and praise my teams' best players, mainly because it doesn't really matter in the end. As long as they perform and do what they have to win games and eventually the championship, who cares what others think. Let your play do the talking, I say.

RZZZA
05-04-2011, 11:49 AM
I think bulls fans need to seriously be prepared for the disappointment of losing. I see a lot of expectations being put on these Bulls and it seems like anything less than a championship is disappointing now.

all this MVP/COY talk has really screwed with a lot of peoples heads. Way too high of expectations.

Tmath
05-04-2011, 11:50 AM
The question I am wondering is, If miami wins, is it really that impressive?

SteBO
05-04-2011, 11:52 AM
For MIA fans, it would quite impressive considering all the scrutiny they've been under nationally and on PSD. But I see where you're coming from. When you have LeBron and Wade on your team, it's hard not to imagine them not win a championship at some point.

Avenged
05-04-2011, 11:52 AM

Yes.

Winning a championship is never easy, they're just making it look that way.

RZZZA
05-04-2011, 11:53 AM
my doubts about Miami concerned them gelling as a true team, having good chemistry and the role players stepping up.

all that happened at exactly the right time, so there's very little left to criticize them for. what struck me watching the heat yesterday was how much confidence they played with. So sure of themselves, everyone from the top player to joel anthony and mike bibby...just executed effortlessly.

Tmath
05-04-2011, 11:54 AM
Not really.

Only one on that list that has been is L.A.

But Miami? They've only won it all 1 time.

The Bulls? They won it like 14 years ago.

I can agree with you about chicago. I think the fans have been waiting for this for a long time and they are just excited.

SteBO
Yes.

Winning a championship is never easy, they're just making it look that way.
True. But it wouldn't be that surprising considering who's on the team.

Sadds The Gr8

not at all.

Avenged
05-04-2011, 11:57 AM
I can agree with you about chicago. I think the fans have been waiting for this for a long time and they are just excited.

Oh for sure. They haven't been this good since the g.o.a.t played for them.

Thing is, these Bulls moved up really fast and accomplished a lot in a short time span. They were spoiled in the 90's, very spoiled. But from the 00's and up, a couple of playoff appearances isn't necessarily "spoiled" for me.

Avenged
05-04-2011, 11:59 AM
True. But it wouldn't be that surprising considering who's on the team.

Lebron/Wade/Bosh and......

I think it would be. Nobody gave this team a chance besides Heat fans. Lebron and Bosh were highly criticized throughout the year. The heat's lack of depth was a non-stop story. Even the coach got a piece of the pie.

If the Heat win it all, people will discredit them because of the players they have without realizing that these same people never gave them a shot in the 1st place.

RZZZA
05-04-2011, 12:01 PM
I still think the Bulls can give the Heat a better fight than the Celtics have given so far.

We play with a lot of fire and passion when we want to. I haven't seen that fire from the Celtics yet.

Tarheels23
05-04-2011, 12:01 PM

I think it would be. Nobody gave this team a chance besides Heat fans. Lebron and Bosh were highly criticized throughout the year. The heat's lack of depth was a non-stop story. Even the coach got a piece of the pie.

If the Heat win it all, people will discredit them because of the players they have without realizing that these same people never gave them a shot in the 1st place.

Nobody gave them a chance? Analysts were picking them to break the Bulls single season win record

Avenged
05-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Nobody gave them a chance? Analysts were picking them to break the Bulls single season win record

Meant here on PSD.

SDRaider
05-04-2011, 12:07 PM

Bulls fan here. For one, I do feel LeBron is the best player overall in the league, he just never won a ring because the talent around him. Remember, it took the G.O.A.T 6 years to win a ship, you can't do it yourself. Kobe WAS the best offensive player, and great defensive player (still is of course) and very possibly the best in a certain time frame (I also think people give him votes just based on the fact that he was the closest thing to MJ, killer mentality, clutch performer etc.) but he's certainly not the best now due to his decline. Rose just became the youngest MVP in history so I'm pretty sure he's impressed more people then just us Bulls fans. That being said, I 2nd my notion on LBJ being the best player in the league right now and honestly think there's a bit of a gap between him and the number 2, whoever that may be.

Tmath
05-04-2011, 12:09 PM

When your 3 stars are averaging 40 mins a game, how much do you need your bench? I think people have underrated their bench/role players.

SDRaider
05-04-2011, 12:10 PM
By the way, no, us Bulls fans HAVE NOT been spoiled in any way, shape or form for quite sometime. We were VERY spoiled in the 90's but it's been a train wreck since.

Geargo Wallace
05-04-2011, 12:14 PM

lawlz

the_jon
05-04-2011, 12:34 PM
DeMar DeRozan iz teh greEtest!!1

Seriously though I don't think any Raptors fans will argue that we have the best anything. :(

210Don
05-04-2011, 12:35 PM
im all alone in this world i get bashed on a lot who cares tho.

Tanakid777
05-04-2011, 12:58 PM

:confused:

Drugs are bad

Tanakid777
05-04-2011, 12:59 PM
When your 3 stars are averaging 40 mins a game, how much do you need your bench? I think people have underrated their bench/role players.

They have, badly

Avenged
05-04-2011, 01:18 PM

:(

justinnum1
05-04-2011, 01:20 PM
Its called sports.

mttwlsn16
05-04-2011, 01:33 PM
By the way, no, us Bulls fans HAVE NOT been spoiled in any way, shape or form for quite sometime. We were VERY spoiled in the 90's but it's been a train wreck since.

try being a clippers fan for the last 10 yrs

Baller1
05-04-2011, 01:36 PM

:laugh:

Stay strong Don. I'm pretty much hated as well, it happens.

pebloemer
05-04-2011, 01:42 PM

Short answer is that this is a Sports discussion website in which players/teams/etc discussions comprise of a large array of possible discussions for people to sink their time into. People don't do it because they need to "man up," they do it because they enjoy the challenge of defending, advocating for, comparing, discussing, various players in the league.

nycsports2
05-04-2011, 01:48 PM

yanks? not a fan but giants?.... everyone of my teams this yr was in playoffs lol ijs

ne3xchamps
05-04-2011, 01:51 PM
I still think the Bulls can give the Heat a better fight than the Celtics have given so far.

We play with a lot of fire and passion when we want to. I haven't seen that fire from the Celtics yet.

the celtics/heat series is far from over. You have to knock out the champ first. Same with LA, I know mavs fans are all pumped up, but once again you have to knock out the champs before you can look ahead.

ne3xchamps
05-04-2011, 01:53 PM
yanks? not a fan but giants?.... everyone of my teams this yr was in playoffs lol ijs

I think he was referring to the knicks. unless you were being a smart*** , then that's good stuff!

ne3xchamps
05-04-2011, 01:54 PM
short answer is that this is a sports discussion website in which players/teams/etc discussions comprise of a large array of possible discussions for people to sink their time into. People don't do it because they need to "man up," they do it because they enjoy the challenge of defending, advocating for, comparing, discussing, various players in the league.

+1

LionsFan..LOL
05-04-2011, 01:56 PM
I agree with the OP. Most of my hate for guys like D-Rose, LBJ, Miami etc. comes from people bugging me to like those players/teams and when I say no I'm called a hater. If you want my true opinion then ask for it but if all you want is to hear how great your team then don't ask. In the end people's opinion shouldn't matter anyway, let the play on the court/field speak for you.

Chill_Will_24
05-04-2011, 02:20 PM
I agree with the OP. Most of my hate for guys like D-Rose, LBJ, Miami etc. comes from people bugging me to like those players/teams and when I say no I'm called a hater. If you want my true opinion then ask for it but if all you want is to hear how great your team then don't ask. In the end people's opinion shouldn't matter anyway, let the play on the court/field speak for you.

I agree. I just went at with like a dozen different Bulls fans in the other thread just because i stated my opinion that Dwight deserved MVP which is a legitimate argument. I was jumped and called a Rose hater when i've never hated the kid and i absolutely love him as a player and a person. Who WOULD'NT like this kid? He is so likeable and humble. Anyone that dislikes him probably does so because of the daily Rose threads and because the media shoves him down our throats. So i ask why? Why do Bulls fans make daily Rose threads? Why do NY fans make a dozen threads comparing Melo to Durant? NOBODY cares! Be happy with the amazing players you have and stop seeking approval from the world. So what if i think Melo is overrated! So what if i think Lebron took the easy way out? It really doesnt matter what others think of your team.

My team has been called irrelevant. Lebron as well as many on here suggested that they be contracted. It really doesnt matter. Insecurity runs wild in PSD

JUMPMANxAIRS
05-04-2011, 02:45 PM
we are all friends

Rentzias
05-04-2011, 03:00 PM
we are all friends

Only if you're a Nugget fan.