PDA

View Full Version : Is the Eastern Conference more physical than the Western?

DoMeFavors
05-03-2011, 05:56 PM
It seems like the Eastern Conference was always more physical and the playoff series had bad blood. Detriot Badboys, 90's Knicks, Larry Bird's Celtics. Now the most physical team team I would say is the current Boston Celtics. The MSG fight between the Knicks and Nuggets, the Malice in the Palace.
The playoffs this year most of the hard fouls have come in the Eastern Conference. Most of the fights aswell. The playoffs in the West seem like only minor fouls and in the East it seems like all the teams hate each other and have bad blood. Is the Eastern Conference the more physical conference?

MrfadeawayJB
05-03-2011, 06:01 PM
I would say so, but it seems that it is more of the culture thing. For example the east coast guards can all handle, penetrate, and are tough. The west coast guards are more silky smooth, flashy, and look for the highlight play. I think the GM's knowingly or unknowingly put a product on the floor that relates to their geographical location. So if this is the case, East= more physical than West

Rafer17
05-03-2011, 06:09 PM
^ what he said, basically east is more gritty then the west, who is more finesse