PDA

View Full Version : which game 1 winner is more likely to advance

BALLER R
05-03-2011, 08:51 AM
I'm not sure but i think its something like 76% of teams that win game 1 go on to win the series so with a couple underdogs winning game one which is more likely to happen

Grizzlies beating OKC
Mavs beating Lakers
Miami beating Celtics
Hawks beating Bulls

Hawkeye15
05-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Grizzlies, because the Thunder don't really have much outside KD and Westbrook, and haven't proven anything in the playoffs as a team, nor individually. I would say Atlanta next, but I think Chicago comes back. With Dallas, I am always waiting for an implosion, but man I hope I am wrong this year about them.

tcav701
05-03-2011, 08:56 AM
Grizz
Heat
Hawks
Mavs

In that order

The Smurf
05-03-2011, 09:09 AM
I think that the Heat, Grizz, and Hawks will advance. I think the Bulls have no offensive game plan aside from, get it to DROSE.

WeBallin
05-03-2011, 09:10 AM
I chose the Mavs gettin Game 1, Bein Down havin to come back is huge for the Mavs, an they have a definte advantage when there 2nd unit comes in......Mavs move on

mikealike305
05-03-2011, 09:15 AM
Grizzlies, because the Thunder don't really have much outside KD and Westbrook, and haven't proven anything in the playoffs as a team, nor individually. I would say Atlanta next, but I think Chicago comes back. With Dallas, I am always waiting for an implosion, but man I hope I am wrong this year about them.

and the HEAT?

mttwlsn16
05-03-2011, 09:26 AM
Grizz
Heat
Hawks
Mavs

In that order

this

Khalifa21
05-03-2011, 09:55 AM
Heat
Hawks
Mavs
Grizz

CELTICS4LYFE
05-03-2011, 10:25 AM
I'd say the hawks over the bulls....hawks are both young and experienced in the playoffs

Hawkeye15
05-03-2011, 10:29 AM
and the HEAT?

I have the Heat in 7 all along. Their 1st win is exactly what I thought would happen.

Hustlenomics
05-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Hawks or Grizzlies

TylerSL
05-03-2011, 10:32 AM
I say Heat. I say the Heat because they are the only team out of all of those with home court. The AAA was crazy on Sunday. The Heat definatley have the advantage at home. Obviously the Grizzlies Mavs and Hawks are all threats to the teams they are playing, but I still expect the Bulls and Lakers to win their series. And IMO it will end up being a tossup between OKC and Memphis.

TylerSL
05-03-2011, 10:33 AM
I have the Heat in 7 all along. Their 1st win is exactly what I thought would happen.

lol me too

mikealike305
05-03-2011, 10:40 AM

oh alright, just wondering why you didnt mention them in your 1st post.

Hawkeye15
05-03-2011, 10:45 AM
oh alright, just wondering why you didnt mention them in your 1st post.

sorry, forgot about them. The other 3 series all had upsets is why I only mentioned them. The Heat won just like they were supposed to.

itsripcity32
05-03-2011, 10:48 AM
not the bulls because they aren't a game 1 winner!

SP17
05-03-2011, 11:10 AM
Probably the grizz...should have listed only the 3 teams since the heat were supposed to win game 1 at their court..All 3 were upset games..

Avenged
05-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Grizzlies. They have been very fortunate with their match-ups.

Then the Heat. I originally said Boston would beat them out of respect buuut.. I just think Miami is the better team.

Mavericks. They're deep, solid bench, and their best player is un-real.

Hawks. The Bulls will pick it up. I think the game 1 loss was a wake up call that the Hawks aren't necessarily the Pacers.

leftymo
05-03-2011, 11:14 AM
I was going to say Memphis, but I ended up with the Heat, b/c they are a legit title contender, and have HCA... and won Game 1.

Memphis has the potential to win a series, but to do so they will most likely have to win two games in OKC... that's the problem with not having HCA. It isn't about getting a game, its about getting two, b/c chances are strong the road team gets a win also in your backyard. (like last year's finals, lakers/hornets, etc...)

JordansBulls
05-03-2011, 11:34 AM
Heat because they have HCA. Of the teams that won game 1 on the road I'd say the Mavs.

WeBallin
05-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Funny How nobody sayin the Lake Show is in Danger.....that Dirk matchup is goin to expouse Gasol for who he really is an that is a Glorified Euro big with no toughness.... Kobe is no longer in his prime, although he still more effective then 75% of the other players in the league, but he can no longer carry that team as he did in early years......I've said it all along Lakers will not make it out the West let alone the 2nd RD..

Avenged
05-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Dirk doesn't necessarily scream toughness himself..

leftymo
05-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Funny How nobody sayin the Lake Show is in Danger.....that Dirk matchup is goin to expouse Gasol for who he really is an that is a Glorified Euro big with no toughness.... Kobe is no longer in his prime, although he still more effective then 75% of the other players in the league, but he can no longer carry that team as he did in early years......I've said it all along Lakers will not make it out the West let alone the 2nd RD..

I love these lines...

Here is a FACT!

Dirk is OLDER than Kobe.

Kobe outscored Dirk in game 1. The reason LA lost is b/c they played their bench for 6 minutes of the 4th against Dirk Nowitzki...

The Lakers controlled that game from pretty much the entire 2nd quarter onwards. They could get any open look they wanted. Lakers do not fear Dallas b/c they are mentally weak and led by the master choke artist Dirk Nowitzki.

Cubs Win
05-03-2011, 12:56 PM
not the bulls because they aren't a game 1 winner!

Damn. Finishing 32 games back hurt that much? :laugh2:

Anyways I'd go with the Grizzlies. They've really showed up in the playoffs!

Here's my order:
Grizzlies
Heat
Mavs/Hawks

Heat could definitely be beaten by the Celtics. Like Hawkeye said, I expected the Heat to take the first game. Should be a great rest of the series between those two, hopefully going 7!

As for the Mavs/Hawks, I see both the Lakers and Bulls coming back to win in 6, which is why they shared the bottom of my rankings.

dnewguy
05-03-2011, 12:59 PM
I voted for the Mavs, I think they will win the championship.

justinnum1
05-03-2011, 01:03 PM
I voted for the Mavs, I think they will win the championship.

stern will never let that happen

theheatles
05-03-2011, 01:22 PM
theres no difference between miami winning game 1 at home, having home court advantage...compared to the mavs, hawks and grizzlies who all won the 1st game on the road... so all 4 of these teams have 3 games on the road and 3 at home if series goes a full 7

Baller1
05-03-2011, 02:02 PM
The Grizzlies, then probably Miami.

Raph12
05-03-2011, 02:12 PM
I got the Lakers, Heat and Grizz advancing... Idk about the last one yet.

WeBallin
05-03-2011, 02:15 PM
I love these lines...

Here is a FACT!

Dirk is OLDER than Kobe.

Kobe outscored Dirk in game 1. The reason LA lost is b/c they played their bench for 6 minutes of the 4th against Dirk Nowitzki...

The Lakers controlled that game from pretty much the entire 2nd quarter onwards. They could get any open look they wanted. Lakers do not fear Dallas b/c they are mentally weak and led by the master choke artist Dirk Nowitzki.

An Here's a fact to you about that, How do the Lakers know that there choke artist when they haven't played the Lakers in the Post Season in over 10 years?????

WeBallin
05-03-2011, 02:17 PM
Dirk doesn't necessarily scream toughness himself..

He may not be tough but tougher the Soft Gasol so i guess u then get my point....Good luck, I think Dallas gets this done against them

210Don
05-03-2011, 02:18 PM
hopefully all of them.

Hawkeye15
05-03-2011, 02:23 PM
hopefully all of them.

this, 100% this

heatforlife
05-03-2011, 03:04 PM
funny how i said the hawks will win the series and no one believe me... i even went to the extent of saying that if the hawks lose i will stop writing in the nba forum for a month and every body said i was crazy and that i was a bulls hater now look people a saying that hawks r going to win lol is good to be right.... lol

TheRunKiller
05-03-2011, 03:29 PM
funny how i said the hawks will win the series and no one believe me... i even went to the extent of saying that if the hawks lose i will stop writing in the nba forum for a month and every body said i was crazy and that i was a bulls hater now look people a saying that hawks r going to win lol is good to be right.... lol

i didn't know hawks won the series already :rolleyes:

ManRam
05-03-2011, 03:32 PM
The Heat, obviously. I think they're the only obvious favorite that won game 1. However, I think all 4 can. I really do. I think OKC has defensive issues. I think Chicago has offensive issues. I also think that LA isn't as invincible as they've been in the past...although I don't know why considering Bynum is finally healthy.

MacFitz92
05-03-2011, 03:40 PM
People overlooked the Mavs against Portland, and now they are overlooking them against LA.

NEWS FLASH: This isn't the same team that lost to GS in the 1st round, and MIA in the 06 Finals. We have a center who finished 3rd in DPOY voting and is very athletic. We have arguably the most depth in the NBA.

This is our year.

MacFitz92
05-03-2011, 03:42 PM
edit

AIRMAR72
05-03-2011, 03:47 PM
im big wade fan along with bron but boston is a true TEAM as along as rondo,pierce and garnett still playing they have the edge in a series because of rondo lakers played their best game but mavs didnt and still won game if da lakers lose the next game get da broomstick ready

Iron24th
05-03-2011, 03:52 PM
I'd say grizz and heat.

Iron24th
05-03-2011, 03:54 PM
People overlooked the Mavs against Portland, and now they are overlooking them against LA.

NEWS FLASH: This isn't the same team that lost to GS in the 1st round, and MIA in the 06 Finals. We have a center who finished 3rd in DPOY voting and is very athletic. We have arguably the most depth in the NBA.

This is our year.

Homerism at his finest.

WeBallin
05-03-2011, 03:56 PM

This is our year.

I also believe that alotta people are sleeping on Dallas, for reason that are in the past....I think this the best team Dirk has had since bein with the Mavs......so well balanced... JET will be a factor, an also Bredan Haywood will be effective, Dallas Bench out plays LA bench i have Dallas movin on..

Iron24th
05-03-2011, 03:56 PM
hopefully all of them.

You don't want to be alone to be beat by a lower seed :rolleyes: