PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose sprains ankle in Game 1 loss to Atlanta

davids22
05-03-2011, 02:00 AM
CHICAGO -- Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose turned his left ankle just as the Atlanta Hawks captured a 103-95 victory in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals on Monday.

The Bulls said Rose has a sprained ankle and is day to day.

Rose said he'll get an X-ray on Monday and perhaps an MRI on Tuesday.

As the final seconds ticked off the clock, Rose moved close to Hawks guard Jamal Crawford and his left foot landed on Crawford's foot. Rose hobbled away.

"Don't know [what happened], just came over, tried to steal the ball," Rose said. "Twisted it somehow."

Rose said he'll get treatment "from morning to night, and then you go home, the same thing. I've got a machine I take home with me, and I just ice my foot the whole day."

It's the same ankle Rose sprained in Game 4 of the quarterfinals against the Indiana Pacers on April 23. He returned in that game and played in Game 5, but he didn't seem to have his same explosiveness.

"Same, feels the same way," Rose said. "I'll just get treatment on it."

As first reported by ESPNChicago.com, Rose will be named the NBA's MVP on Tuesday.

He played just under 41 minutes, and he scored 24 points against the Hawks.

Rose said he's not worried about being ready to go in Game 2 on Wednesday.

"I'm not worried about that," he said. "I think my body is in good hands with my trainer. They do a good job making sure I get treatment every day, all day. I should be alright.

"I'm good. I'm good. I'm getting treatment. There's no excuses right now. You got to play through injuries. Everybody has injuries probably right now through the playoffs, but they're fighting through it ... [We're] just trying to win games."

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=6468631

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-03-2011, 02:03 AM
we all know it buddy

Kyben36
05-03-2011, 02:22 AM
with like 2 seconds left too.

jzero
05-03-2011, 08:35 AM
i think jamal crawford did it on purpose

dnewguy
05-03-2011, 08:43 AM
Here comes the steroids. Watch Rose play better now with injury than without. I wonder if they fake the injuries just to get steroids shots that enhance their performances.

k.smith904
05-03-2011, 09:37 AM
Here comes the steroids. Watch Rose play better now with injury than without. I wonder if they fake the injuries just to get steroids shots that enhance their performances.

I'm sure Rose injured himself on purpose in the final seconds of a game, knowing he'd play better with a sprained ankle in game 2.

wow.

Cool007
05-03-2011, 10:02 AM
"I'm good. I'm good. I'm getting treatment. There's no excuses right now. You got to play through injuries. "

This is one of many reasons why I love him. This guy didn't miss games (even during regular season) even though he had flu like symptoms, Turf Toe, Knee tendinitis, When he hurt his Neck, he sprained his back, 2 Ulcers (even when he couldn't eat anything for days), sprained ankle, or whatever the heck he has had.

Now, let's go out and beat the Hawks and put them out for good.

pd1dish
05-03-2011, 10:10 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=6468631

scaaaaaarrrrrryyyyyyyyy

Slimsim
05-03-2011, 10:15 AM
Boozer need to take notes from this kid

ne3xchamps
05-03-2011, 10:45 AM

this is probably the most ignorant post I've seen on here for awhile. ON ALL OF PSD! You stay classy miami. :clap:

Hawkeye15
05-03-2011, 10:46 AM
hopefully a non-issue.

hugepatsfan
05-03-2011, 10:58 AM
hopefully he's fine

mikealike305
05-03-2011, 11:03 AM
i dont get why he was even on the court? i mean what was he trying to do? even if he did steal the ball AND score the bulls still lose. i think thats bad coaching. knowing rose, your best player by far, already had an ankle injury and u leave him in a unwinable game? and u would think rose himself would be smarter than to continue putting effort

haggis
05-03-2011, 11:09 AM
This is one of many reasons why I love him. This guy didn't miss games (even during regular season) even though he had flu like symptoms, Turf Toe, Knee tendinitis, When he hurt his Neck, he sprained his back, 2 Ulcers (even when he couldn't eat anything for days), sprained ankle, or whatever the heck he has had.

Derrick doesn't ever use injuries as an excuse. I love that about him.

Yep.

hopefully a non-issue.

:pray:

We're screwed otherwise...

i dont get why he was even on the court? i mean what was he trying to do? even if he did steal the ball AND score the bulls still lose. i think thats bad coaching. knowing rose, your best player by far, already had an ankle injury and u leave him in a unwinable game? and u would think rose himself would be smarter than to continue putting effort

Totally. How dare him try and give effort in a playoff game. :rolleyes:

TylerSL
05-03-2011, 11:10 AM

dont say rediculous things like this, you make it sound Rose did it on purpose

MGB
05-03-2011, 11:12 AM

I hope this was sarcasm... cortisol is a steroid, but it's not an anabolic steroid. It basically just reduces the inflamatory process so that a player can play on an injury. It's not exactly a performance enhancer... I use steroids everyday; an inhaler for asthma/allergies. It doesn't make me buff or a better athlete; hell if anything, in the long run it causes undesirable effects for those who want to compete athletically.

Cortisone shots that athletes get in order to play in sporting events can actually be quite detrimental in the long run. It can allow people with injuries to compete when they wouldn't otherwise be able to do so; which can lead to further and more serious injury.

mikealike305
05-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Totally. How dare him try and give effort in a playoff game. :rolleyes:

and what did that effort give him? a L and a messed up ankle.

all im saying is, it really made no sense for him to continue when the best case senario is a loss. worst case is what happend. i just think it wasnt a smart move. but your the bulls fan, not me, and clearly u had no problem with it.

Avenged
05-03-2011, 11:27 AM

Gotta love the kid, these are Kobe traits.

haggis
05-03-2011, 11:32 AM
and what did that effort give him? a L and a messed up ankle.

and a MVP award.

all im saying is, it really made no sense for him to continue when the best case senario is a loss. worst case is what happend. i just think it wasnt a smart move. but your the bulls fan, not me, and clearly u had no problem with it.

i guess? :shrug:

I don't know many coaches who are going to pull their starters down single digits with under a minute left, especially in a playoff game.

Was it unfortunate? Yes, absolutely. Was it "avoidable"? Who cares, it happened. Injuries can happen in the first 2 seconds and they can happen in the last 2 seconds.

Gotta love the kid, these are Kobe traits.

And that's one of the main reasons I've come to love Kobe. He doesn't need excuses.

KingPosey
05-03-2011, 11:34 AM

just how little do you know about steroids? Your post makes you look really pretty bad.

mikealike305
05-03-2011, 11:40 AM
and a MVP award.

i guess? :shrug:

I don't know many coaches who are going to pull their starters down single digits with under a minute left, especially in a playoff game.

Was it unfortunate? Yes, absolutely. Was it "avoidable"? Who cares, it happened. Injuries can happen in the first 2 seconds and they can happen in the last 2 seconds.

at the point he injury the game was unwinable man, but your right, it happend. smart move, dumb move, its done

haggis
05-03-2011, 11:49 AM
it happend. smart move, dumb move, its done

^this.
:p

AllBall
05-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Rose was going for that 8 pt shot? Seriously, I don't know what Thibs was thinking at that point. :confused:

RZZZA
05-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Bulls are so lucky. <--- sarcasm

holy crap, this post season has been an absolute nightmare

Tarheels23
05-03-2011, 12:03 PM
Soooooo..... why was Rose even in the game while down 10 pts with 10 seconds left?

RZZZA
05-03-2011, 12:06 PM
because Thibs is like Bill Belichick. He doesnt play soft, not even when winning by a whole lot.

mikealike305
05-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Soooooo..... why was Rose even in the game while down 10 pts with 10 seconds left?

lool exactly what i said. wasnt smart imo

Chi StateOfMind
05-03-2011, 12:09 PM
He's gunna be fine

mikealike305
05-03-2011, 12:11 PM
because Thibs is like Bill Belichick. He doesnt play soft, not even when winning by a whole lot.

yea thibs is like bill.... only difference is bill coaches football, and bill has been a HC for a lot longer, and bills much more creditable, and bill has some rings...... but yea lol

Jemikz9Clutch
05-03-2011, 12:12 PM

let's hope that the big3 get their own ankle sprains so they can have some steroids to and play incredibly better than the last game. yeah you like that don't you? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

mikealike305
05-03-2011, 12:14 PM
He's gunna be fine

hes going to be fine. bulls wont tho. he didnt shoot a single FT, so what makes him effective isnt working on that ankle right now

RZZZA
05-03-2011, 12:15 PM
yea thibs is like bill.... only difference is bill coaches football, and bill has been a HC for a lot longer, and bills much more creditable, and bill has some rings...... but yea lol

creditable?

yeah...I'm just saying theyre similar in that they never stop playing hard, they dont pull starters. Bill plays just as hard when he's up by 30 points as Thibs plays when he's down 20 with 5 seconds left in the game.

Not the type of coaches that will rest players in a blowout game

Jemikz9Clutch
05-03-2011, 12:18 PM
just how little do you know about steroids? Your post makes you look really pretty bad.

let's leave the kid alone dude. he doesn't know what he's saying ever since he joined psd. all he does is make unparalleled, biased, stupid post.

ManRam
05-03-2011, 12:22 PM
This one looked a lot less harmful that the first. It rolled a ton less.

He'll be fine. Sprained ankles are easy to overcome with some adrenaline. Once he warms up and starts running, and the crowd gets the arena rocking, he'll be fine.

Lil Half Dead
05-03-2011, 02:17 PM

Absolutely.

Cool007
05-03-2011, 02:39 PM

That is exactly why he left him in there.

First of all, There was no stoppage of play so can't substitute a player. 2ndly, it was barely 10 seconds left, who in the world thought he would sprain his ankle there???

It could have happened at any time even after the game trying to shake hands, who knows.

Things happen for no reason. Wrong place at a wrong time happens to anyone at any time.

Let's leave it at that.

Hopefully he gets the treatment and ready to play. Without him, Bulls simply SUCK. It almost seems like he has to play a perfect game for us to win coz Thibs is getting outcoached (both series) and players are just not stepping up.

Looking forward to game #2.

Cool007
05-03-2011, 02:41 PM
This one looked a lot less harmful that the first. It rolled a ton less.

He'll be fine. Sprained ankles are easy to overcome with some adrenaline. Once he warms up and starts running, and the crowd gets the arena rocking, he'll be fine.

The trouble is taht he tweaked the same freaking ankle that he did about 10 days ago.

Just bad luck. :mad:

ElMarroAfamado
05-03-2011, 03:18 PM

11 to go. haahahahahaha

RZZZA
05-03-2011, 03:25 PM
Roses ankle is a grade 2 sprain

it just keeps getting worse...both his ankle and my confidence in our post season

KnicksR4Real
05-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Think he's gone

mikealike305
05-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Roses ankle is a grade 2 sprain

it just keeps getting worse...both his ankle and my confidence in our post season

ouch. my junior year in high school i had a grade 2 high ankle sprain. i was on crutches and an air cast for a month. missed my whole junior year wrestling season

KH12
05-03-2011, 03:41 PM
He does not have a Grade 2 sprain, Bulls beat writers (people who actually cover the Bulls for a living, which the person reporting the sprain does not) said Rose participated in practice today and looked/felt/said he was fine.

RZZZA
05-03-2011, 03:42 PM
you calling david kaplan a liar?

thems fighting words

Cool007
05-03-2011, 04:12 PM
He does not have a Grade 2 sprain, Bulls beat writers (people who actually cover the Bulls for a living, which the person reporting the sprain does not) said Rose participated in practice today and looked/felt/said he was fine.

I don't know what to believe anymore.

I just hope and pray that KC johnson is right and Rose is and will be fine.

Or Bulls' season is over.

redwhitenblue
05-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Multiple reporters who were actually at the practice today said Rose looked absolutely fine, participated in the entire practice and didn't show any ill effects.

David Kaplan is a baffoon, he's a joke and he's been trying to take over Mariotti's anti-Chicago Chicago reporter spot.

BTW, RZZZA, Kaplan called the Bulls season over after Boozer's injury in the preseason, and after Noah's injury, and after their funk out of the All-Star break. I don't know how you could try and say he's not a guy who continuously slams the Bulls.

MagicHero3
05-03-2011, 05:12 PM
ok bulls fans, get used to this stress.
the way Rose plays, throwing his body into the lane to get crazy layups, hes gonna get injured
and trust me, this wont be the only time it happens.

redwhitenblue
05-03-2011, 05:15 PM
ok bulls fans, get used to this stress.
the way Rose plays, throwing his body into the lane to get crazy layups, hes gonna get injured
and trust me, this wont be the only time it happens.
He rolled it playing D...driving the lane had nothing to do with it. It was rolled originally a week ago, the ankle is still going to be tender and easily reinjured for weeks following.

If the worst thing Rose has injured is a rolled ankle, I'm not too concerned.

RZZZA
05-03-2011, 05:15 PM
Multiple reporters who were actually at the practice today said Rose looked absolutely fine, participated in the entire practice and didn't show any ill effects.

David Kaplan is a baffoon, he's a joke and he's been trying to take over Mariotti's anti-Chicago Chicago reporter spot.

BTW, RZZZA, Kaplan called the Bulls season over after Boozer's injury in the preseason, and after Noah's injury, and after their funk out of the All-Star break. I don't know how you could try and say he's not a guy who continuously slams the Bulls.

I wasnt aware of that, and I honestly don't even see him talk about the Bulls much on his show. when the NBa segment comes up, he usually just asks the questions and defers to his guests (Kc Johnson is a frequent guest) to talk amongst themselves. Kaplan is not a big NBA guy

MagicHero3
05-03-2011, 05:21 PM
He rolled it playing D...driving the lane had nothing to do with it. It was rolled originally a week ago, the ankle is still going to be tender and easily reinjured for weeks following.

If the worst thing Rose has injured is a rolled ankle, I'm not too concerned.

if you guys lose again you will be. but im not gona talk trash bc the hawks spanked us too :facepalm:

redwhitenblue
05-03-2011, 05:23 PM
if you guys lose again you will be. but im not gona talk trash bc the hawks spanked us too :facepalm:
I've long said I won't be concerned until we lose 2 in a row. When that happens, I'll be legitimately concerned.

dtmagnet
05-03-2011, 05:27 PM

Every player plays through injury, why would Rose be any different?