PDA

View Full Version : why did rose get mvp?

emd023
05-02-2011, 11:58 PM
i dont know that much about nba. can someone explain why he deserved it? also who are the runner ups and why

JordansBulls
05-03-2011, 12:01 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=616473

ChitownBears22
05-03-2011, 12:03 AM
this should be good.

Chronz
05-03-2011, 12:08 AM
A surprising team had one of the best players in the league

chicago lulz
05-03-2011, 12:09 AM
He received the MVP because he got the most votes.
Voters gave him the most votes because
- He was having a "breakout year", as in his numbers jumped statistically (majority)
- He helped lead a team that was projected as a 3-4 seed to a number 1 seed, although without Boozer and/or Noah for stretches of the season.

marlinsfan24
05-03-2011, 12:10 AM
He slept with David Stern...

RZZZA
05-03-2011, 12:11 AM
Derrick Rose has evolved into a dominant type of player. Not just good, or even just great, but DOMINANT. There's few dominant type players in the league... you got Dwight Howard at C, you got Lebron at SF, and you got Rose at PG.

Dominant as in, all other PGs are scared to guard him, all other SFs are scared to guard Lebron, all other Cs are scared to guard Dwight.

MAC10TIZZY
05-03-2011, 12:12 AM

Yep. ThaT does it

marlinsfan24
05-03-2011, 12:13 AM
Derrick Rose has evolved into a dominant type of player. Not just good, or even just great, but DOMINANT. There's few dominant type players in the league... you got Dwight Howard at C, you got Lebron at SF, and you got Rose at PG.

Dominant as in, all other PGs are scared to guard him, all other SFs are scared to guard Lebron, all other Cs are scared to guard Dwight.

Kobe and Wade say hello.

Chill_Will_24
05-03-2011, 12:14 AM
**** what the media is feeding you. Dwight is the MVP

jzero

thats not what dominant means
and no1s scared to guard any1
hell zaza wasnt scared of howard

jzero

x100000000000000000000000

RZZZA
05-03-2011, 12:15 AM
Kobe and Wade say hello.

yes, i didnt name every such player.

Sadds The Gr8
05-03-2011, 12:15 AM
I wanna know too my man...MVP shoulda been Superman.

TheRunKiller
05-03-2011, 12:16 AM

good one :rolleyes:

RZZZA
05-03-2011, 12:17 AM

the media are just people...its not some horrible conspiracy. PEOPLE think Rose should be MVP. Media = made up of individual people

TylerSL
05-03-2011, 12:18 AM
because he deserved it...

/thread

marlinsfan24
05-03-2011, 12:18 AM
good one :rolleyes:

No need to :rolleyes: me. It was a joke. Laugh dude. Rose was my MVP vote.

emd023
05-03-2011, 12:19 AM
how long has it been decided by votes. and where can i see the results of this years voters.

TheRunKiller
05-03-2011, 12:20 AM
No need to :rolleyes: me. It was a joke. Laugh dude. Rose was my MVP vote.

my bad. not in a laughing mood tonight :(

RZZZA
05-03-2011, 12:21 AM
because he deserved it...

/thread

yeah...we've had these arguments about a thousand times on this forum, at this point it just seems like old news. same points rehashed over and over again...

its over, it's done.

JB0B0
05-03-2011, 12:22 AM
He killed Osama.

TylerSL
05-03-2011, 12:22 AM
yeah...we've had these arguments about a thousand times on this forum, at this point it just seems like old news. same points rehashed over and over again...

its over, it's done.

this, he is practically the only scorer on your team and you won 20 more games this year than last year, he definatly deserved it. Now that he has it, its over, no need to argue.

b@llhog24
05-03-2011, 12:23 AM
i dont know that much about nba. can someone explain why he deserved it? also who are the runner ups and why
I don't know if your serious or not but anyways:

The main reasons:
Lebron had a better season but He Wade 2 all-stars in Wade and Bosh as help so his chances were nullified.

Dwight Howard and Cp3 teams records were not good enough. Even though they were probably more valuable.

Both Kobe & Durant was injured at streches during the season which highlighted the importance of Gasol & Westy respectively.

The Bulls had the best record despite injuries towards to key big men.

And Rose's plea at the beginning of the season. "Why can't I be MVP?" and this become a very repetitive statement everytime rose went for +25 points.

TylerSL
05-03-2011, 12:23 AM
He killed Osama.

lol, if he did that I would make sure he wins the next 10 NBA titles lol

marlinsfan24
05-03-2011, 12:24 AM
He killed Osama.

Umm...that was Scalabrine

JB0B0
05-03-2011, 12:26 AM
With support from Obama, he killed Osama. Clever huh?

JB0B0
05-03-2011, 12:26 AM
Obama and Osama. Anyone else notice an eerie similarity? Or maybe it's just me

Chill_Will_24
05-03-2011, 12:27 AM
the media are just people...its not some horrible conspiracy. PEOPLE think Rose should be MVP. Media = made up of individual people

People that work for other people that realize the cash cow that is Derrick Rose. **** what you think man. Dont buy the hype. Rose is a beast and he deserves to be in the conversation but he shouldnt be MVP. The media hypes him up because he is exciting, and plays for a major market. There is no player that is more valuable to their team than Dwight Howard is to the Magic.

marlinsfan24
05-03-2011, 12:28 AM

Yessir I did. I find it hilarious personally.

TylerSL
05-03-2011, 12:29 AM

its just you

Obama=BADASS President

RZZZA
05-03-2011, 12:29 AM
that sounds like a conspiracy theory to me and I just don't buy into that.

So david stern got everyone into a little room and said "Ok guys, you all will now think Derrick Rose is amazing and will vote him for MVP!"

and the media people all said "Yes, master!"

thats basically what you're saying?

Chill_Will_24
05-03-2011, 12:30 AM
Tom Thibodeaou is the Bulls' MVP

TylerSL
05-03-2011, 12:31 AM
^ accually Rose is, without him they have one of the worst offenses in the league. Without Thibs they still have top 10 defense

RZZZA
05-03-2011, 12:32 AM
people forget that D.Rose had an amazing individual season, and had very dominant performances. He scored 42 points against the Spurs when the Spurs looked like the best team in the league (remember those days? haha)

He propelled the Bulls past the Heat in stylish fashion, that one home game in miami where he beat Wade and Lebron on a fast break and finished with those two trying to chase him down...

People remember those kinds of performances and they did a lot to help his MVP candidacy.

emd023
05-03-2011, 12:34 AM
ok so correct me if im wrong. the mvp is picked from voters. so the mvp is basically sportscenters favorite player? the more stories and highlights they show of a player the more the viewers are going to fall in love with that player??

i mean lebron does have better stats this year right? but now that he switched to the heat and less ppl like him hes never gonna win another mvp award. right?

also why did rose get the award before the season is over? what if lebron has 50ppg and 8 game winning buzzer beaters for the rest of the season

TylerSL
05-03-2011, 12:36 AM
ok so correct me if im wrong. the mvp is picked from voters. so the mvp is basically sportscenters favorite player? the more stories and highlights they show of a player the more the viewers are going to fall in love with that player??

i mean lebron does have better stats this year right? but now that he switched to the heat and less ppl like him hes never gonna win another mvp award. right?

also why did rose get the award before the season is over? what if lebron has 50ppg and 8 game winning buzzer beaters for the rest of the season

By definion MVP is most contributed to your teams success, and without Rose, the Bulls are a .500 team. Without Lebron, the Heat are still a 50 win team. Rose deserved it

marlinsfan24
05-03-2011, 12:38 AM
Rose is the MVP because of his season. He was amazing. That's it.

Chill_Will_24
05-03-2011, 12:39 AM
that sounds like a conspiracy theory to me and I just don't buy into that.

So david stern got everyone into a little room and said "Ok guys, you all will now think Derrick Rose is amazing and will vote him for MVP!"

and the media people all said "Yes, master!"

thats basically what you're saying?

What im saying that an intelligent observer would notice the subtle things such as the fact that the media always hypes up Rose without so much a mention of what an amazing coach Thibodeau is. The media like to hype up Derrick Rose when he scores 36pts without mentioning the 32% shooting and 1-18 from 3. They will hype up Boozer getting injured without mentioning that he has had a horrible year anyway and wasnt terribly missed. Any subject that comes on ESPN has a mandatory Rose mention. Its all about money. Stern wanted to make Durant the new poster boy but with OKC being a small market team and Durant being a very low key, unassuming personality its so much easier to market a guy like Rose. Rose is a beast and he is so exciting to watch. However there is no way he is more important to the Bulls than Dwight is to ORL.

The Flash
05-03-2011, 12:40 AM

you've got a point there buddy

Chill_Will_24
05-03-2011, 12:42 AM
By definion MVP is most contributed to your teams success, and without Rose, the Bulls are a .500 team. Without Lebron, the Heat are still a 50 win team. Rose deserved it

Disagree. Tom Thibodeau is a great coach and his system works. You can replace Rose with an above average PG and the Bulls would still win 50 imo.

What would ORL win without Dwight?

RZZZA
05-03-2011, 12:43 AM
What im saying that an intelligent observer would notice the subtle things such as the fact that the media always hypes up Rose without so much a mention of what an amazing coach Thibodeau is. The media like to hype up Derrick Rose when he scores 36pts without mentioning the 32% shooting and 1-18 from 3. They will hype up Boozer getting injured without mentioning that he has had a horrible year anyway and wasnt terribly missed. Any subject that comes on ESPN has a mandatory Rose mention. Its all about money. Stern wanted to make Durant the new poster boy but with OKC being a small market team and Durant being a very low key, unassuming personality its so much easier to market a guy like Rose. Rose is a beast and he is so exciting to watch. However there is no way he is more important to the Bulls than Dwight is to ORL.

I said this earlier, but Rose is the type of player that can go 1 for 8, but the one he makes was so pretty you can't help but go "OOOH, that was sweet".

But nobody had more jaw dropping plays and was more hyped this season than Blake Griffin, and nobody says he should be MVP, right?

Is Rose easily marketable? well, the way he plays is. Because it makes people say "ooh". His personality is not so marketable actually, he's introverted and shy and quiet.

I always said this but it bears repeating. In my opinion, a little guy who does what D.Rose does is inherently more impressive than a big guy like Dwight doing what he does. If a big guy dominated his match ups and dunks everything, its almost expected.

but if a little guy like D.Rose is beating 4 defenders and dunking over people and blocking 7 foot centers like hibbert, it just seems more impressive.

TylerSL
05-03-2011, 12:45 AM
Disagree. Tom Thibodeau is a great coach and his system works. You can replace Rose with an above average PG and the Bulls would still win 50 imo.

What would ORL win without Dwight?

maybe I aggadurated (sp) a little bit, the Bulls still have the top defense without Rose, but if you do replace Rose with an averaged PG they are in the bottom 3 in offense, and they would lose alot of games. Being totally serious, without Rose, I see the Bulls winning anywhere from 43-47 games.

EDIT: The Magic's record was not good enough for Dwight to win it. They would win like 30-33 IMO without him, but they won 7 less games this year with a better team than last year.

Chill_Will_24
05-03-2011, 12:50 AM
people forget that D.Rose had an amazing individual season, and had very dominant performances. He scored 42 points against the Spurs when the Spurs looked like the best team in the league (remember those days? haha)

He propelled the Bulls past the Heat in stylish fashion, that one home game in miami where he beat Wade and Lebron on a fast break and finished with those two trying to chase him down...

People remember those kinds of performances and they did a lot to help his MVP candidacy.

You are pointing out isolated plays no doubt a by producy of some nice highlight packages curtesy of ESPN (which proves my point)...

That game with the Spurs was one of the FEW games where he score efficiently and truly dominated the game, which is so much different than when he pretends to take over by bricking shot after shot and getting his points by volume.

Rose is an amazing player but he is not MVP any more than Allen Iverson was in '01

abe_froman
05-03-2011, 12:50 AM
because he was the best player on the best team(recordwise)in the league,and thats usually who wins it

gotoHcarolina52
05-03-2011, 12:51 AM

Osama = Discounted fish food. Scum of the Earth. ***** of Satan.

Obama = Magna Cum Laude graduate of Harvard Law School. Nobel Laureate. Commander in Chief of the most powerful nation on Earth.

Yeah, eerily similar.

RZZZA
05-03-2011, 12:54 AM
You are pointing out isolated plays no doubt a by producy of some nice highlight packages curtesy of ESPN (which proves my point)...

That game with the Spurs was one of the FEW games where he score efficiently and truly dominated the game, which is so much different than when he pretends to take over by bricking shot after shot and getting his points by volume.

Rose is an amazing player but he is not MVP any more than Allen Iverson was in '01

I'm only trying to get people to remember that D.Rose had a great season. People tend to forget, and Rose has been playing worse recently than how he played in the regular season.

but anyway like I said, these arguments seem pointless now since he already won the MVP. If you think Dwight deserved it more, cool, but it's too late. Maybe next year.

sep11ie
05-03-2011, 12:55 AM
Cause who doesn't love Rose's?

Chill_Will_24
05-03-2011, 12:57 AM
maybe I aggadurated (sp) a little bit, the Bulls still have the top defense without Rose, but if you do replace Rose with an averaged PG they are in the bottom 3 in offense, and they would lose alot of games. Being totally serious, without Rose, I see the Bulls winning anywhere from 43-47 games.

EDIT: The Magic's record was not good enough for Dwight to win it. They would win like 30-33 IMO without him, but they won 7 less games this year with a better team than last year.

Debatable. This better team that you speak of shot a combined 18% from three or something like that in the playoffs and almost got swept by the team they dominated last year. Meanwhile Dwight was breaking his back averaging 27pts and 15 rebs... THAT is an MVP.

The Bulls record is a product of their defensive system and so if your going to praise Rose for his team's record which can be attributed as much to Thibs as it can be attributed to Rose, then its not fair to criticise Dwight for his team's bad record seeing as how Stan Van Gundy is an overrated coach and his system sucks.

The Magic with Tom Thibodeau as coach would probably have topped what the Bulls did this year.

kalel
05-03-2011, 12:59 AM

seriously how can you say he deserved it over rose and the season he had. Led his team to a number one seed and got past the first round, where as dwight only got his to a fourth and got beat in the first round. Not to mention the fact where he had to go through large stretches with boozer and noah.

Sofnr
05-03-2011, 01:05 AM

The MVP is a regular season award. The season is over.

commonsense12
05-03-2011, 01:07 AM
its just you

Obama=BAD President

Fixed

Chill_Will_24
05-03-2011, 01:07 AM
I'm only trying to get people to remember that D.Rose had a great season. People tend to forget, and Rose has been playing worse recently than how he played in the regular season.

but anyway like I said, these arguments seem pointless now since he already won the MVP. If you think Dwight deserved it more, cool, but it's too late. Maybe next year.

Way to run from the debate. :D Rose did have a good season but besides his three point shot which is still inconsistent, he is the same player he was last year. Except with a better coach. We all know that Del Negro is an awful coach. thibs is a motivator. He is a great teacher with great defensive principles. He has that team playing like a team and has them trusting each other. Not only did he deserve COTY but he needs to be mentioned every time the Bulls win, instead of the usual "media riding Rose's nuts so they can get make him seem better than he is"...

Like ive said countless times. Rose is my second most exciting player to watch besides Griffin. He is amazing and has the potential to be great, but not only is he not the best PG in the league as the media proclaims. He isnt even a true PG. He is an SG that could be like Wade if only he could shoot as good as Wade.

Chill_Will_24
05-03-2011, 01:09 AM
seriously how can you say he deserved it over rose and the season he had. Led his team to a number one seed and got past the first round, where as dwight only got his to a fourth and got beat in the first round. Not to mention the fact where he had to go through large stretches with boozer and noah.

:sigh: read the rest of my posts please...

emd023
05-03-2011, 01:10 AM
The MVP is a regular season award. The season is over.

thats silly. playoffs are a huge part of the game.

JB0B0
05-03-2011, 01:15 AM
This thread is :horse:

Ty Fast
05-03-2011, 01:19 AM
rose can have mvp. lebron wants a championship.

Chill_Will_24
05-03-2011, 01:21 AM
I said this earlier, but Rose is the type of player that can go 1 for 8, but the one he makes was so pretty you can't help but go "OOOH, that was sweet".

But nobody had more jaw dropping plays and was more hyped this season than Blake Griffin, and nobody says he should be MVP, right?

Is Rose easily marketable? well, the way he plays is. Because it makes people say "ooh". His personality is not so marketable actually, he's introverted and shy and quiet.

I always said this but it bears repeating. In my opinion, a little guy who does what D.Rose does is inherently more impressive than a big guy like Dwight doing what he does. If a big guy dominated his match ups and dunks everything, its almost expected.

but if a little guy like D.Rose is beating 4 defenders and dunking over people and blocking 7 foot centers like hibbert, it just seems more impressive.

I agree. Rose is exciting like none other his size. He is as exciting to me as Allen Iverson once was.... but.... BUT.... is that what the MVP award has become? They players that make us say ohhh and ahhhh get it???

As to your Blake Griffin comparison, Blake Griffin has been one of the most overhyped players i can remember EVER. His team loses even with his nice stats yet he was an all star? He was declared the slam dunk champ before the contest even took place (which he subsequently lost imo because Javal Mcgee should have took that)... so i ask why? Its all money man. The league needs its cash cows and thats how they are using Rose, Griffin, Melo, Amare... all these guys that dont deserve all the praise they get...

abe_froman
05-03-2011, 01:25 AM
I agree. Rose is exciting like none other his size. He is as exciting to me as Allen Iverson once was.... but.... BUT.... is that what the MVP award has become? They players that make us say ohhh and ahhhh get it???

thats a bad analogy to use by you as allen iverson was an mvp winner

Raph12
05-03-2011, 01:27 AM

Sounds good to me

Sofnr
05-03-2011, 01:27 AM
thats silly. playoffs are a huge part of the game.

The National Basketball Association Most Valuable Player (MVP) is an annual National Basketball Association (NBA) award given since the 195556 NBA season. The winner receives the Maurice Podoloff Trophy, which is named in honor of the first commissioner (then president)[a] of the NBA who served from 1946 until his retirement in 1963. MVP voting takes place immediately following the regular season. Until the 197980 NBA season, the MVP was originally selected by a vote of NBA players. However, since the 198081 season, the award is decided by a panel of sportswriters and broadcasters throughout the United States and Canada, each of whom casts a vote for first to fifth place selections. Each first-place vote is worth 10 points; each second-place vote is worth seven; each third-place vote is worth five, fourth-place is worth three and fifth-place is worth one. Starting from 2010, one ballot was cast by fans through online voting. The player with the highest point total wins the award.

Chill_Will_24
05-03-2011, 01:29 AM
thats a bad analogy to use by you as allen iverson was an mvp winner

No its not because Allen Iverson didnt deserve it either

Bookey
05-03-2011, 01:30 AM
rose can have mvp. lebron wants a championship.

Thats funny, Kobe said the same thing the last two years about Lebron :laugh:

*Silver&Black*
05-03-2011, 01:37 AM
To the OP, who would be the MVP then if Rose wasn't? Hawks took care of Dwight too, so who's next? Rose deserves MVP of the regular season. He beasted through it.

Chill_Will_24
05-03-2011, 01:46 AM
To the OP, who would be the MVP then if Rose wasn't? Hawks took care of Dwight too, so who's next? Rose deserves MVP of the regular season. He beasted through it.

Dwight Howard averaged 27 and 15.... i dont call that taking care of anyone. This is completely debateable but the award is called Most Valuable Player not Best Regular Season Performer... Rose has done a phenomenal job but cmon go ask Celtics fans what they miss about Tom Thibodeau and ask them what he did for them, then come tell me that the Bulls' regular season success.

*Silver&Black*
05-03-2011, 02:05 AM
Well Rose did 25/10 on us and the loss is why this thread started. So Dwight losing to the Hawks is the same, right?

meloman1592
05-03-2011, 02:27 AM

No1 is scared to guard anyone...Westbrook,cp3.D-will can easily matchup/outplay rose...melo and durant can do the same with bron...dwight doesn't have someone that can neutralize him but he's easy to frustrate so guys like varejao,noah etc can easily get under his skin

Sadds The Gr8
05-03-2011, 02:29 AM
Well Rose did 25/10 on us and the loss is why this thread started. So Dwight losing to the Hawks is the same, right?

I thought MVP was a reg. season award.

Playoffs have no bearing.

emd023
05-03-2011, 02:32 AM
like i said before i think rose got the mvp because he "broke out." ..... i bet you lebron doesnt win an mvp for the rest of his career and i bet blake griffin gets an mvp soon just because the media plays the biggest part in mvp award and what people think about players.

i mean...did blake griffin deserve to win the dunk contest? no.... but he did because he was the favorite. why did rose win? because hes the favorite/underdog. but i could think of a bunch of players i would rather have on my team than rose.

pd1dish
05-03-2011, 02:37 AM
i think its funny that after pretty much single-handedly leading his team to the #1 seed, no one can give Rose credit. i dont like the Heat and i dont like Lebron, but if Lebron would have won, i would have said he deserved it because he did put up great numbers. if he didnt have a top3-5 player in Wade on his team or if they would have grabbed the #1 seed, Lebron would have probably won it, but the fact is that the voters believed Rose had more to do with his team than any other player did to theirs.

if D12 would have won it, i would have been happy for him because hes clearly the best center in the league and the best defensive player in the league. however, his team didnt do all that great this year, so he didnt get as much recognition as Rose. yes, i would have felt bad if Rose didnt win, but i would have been mature enough to say that whoever did win it had a great year (which all 3 rightfully deserved it if they won).

ChiTownPacerFan
05-03-2011, 03:07 AM
Fact- It isn't exciting for the league to give the MVP to the same guy every year. So even though LeBron will probably deserve it every year for the next five or six years, he'll only win one or two at the most.

BluejaysFan08
05-03-2011, 03:10 AM
If you don't follow NBA that what does it matter why he got it.

Im sure a few youtube clips can solve your problem

TheRunKiller
05-03-2011, 03:35 AM
Tom Thibodeaou is the Bulls' MVP

dude please shut the hell up

emd023
05-03-2011, 03:38 AM
Fact- It isn't exciting for the league to give the MVP to the same guy every year. So even though LeBron will probably deserve it every year for the next five or six years, he'll only win one or two at the most.

amen

stlbest5in2013
05-03-2011, 03:45 AM

translation:

i got banned, used another email from anther computer. i pissed my pants and want to troll about something.

stlbest5in2013
05-03-2011, 03:49 AM
Dwight Howard averaged 27 and 15.... i dont call that taking care of anyone. This is completely debateable but the award is called Most Valuable Player not Best Regular Season Performer... Rose has done a phenomenal job but cmon go ask Celtics fans what they miss about Tom Thibodeau and ask them what he did for them, then come tell me that the Bulls' regular season success.

this makes no sense, you are comparing a center, who has a bunch of shooters around him, to a pg who is option 1,2 and sometimes 3 on his team. not to take away you are comparing a center to a point guard.

i would ask why you are a vikings, and nets fan, being they are not even in the same media markets, or close to each other, but ill not worry about it.

CityofChaos
05-03-2011, 03:53 AM

And no one in the league knows more about that experience than Lebron "KING" James. I bet they frequent those late night get-togethers on their KING sized bed hence the nickname...

emd023
05-03-2011, 04:05 AM
translation:

i got banned, used another email from anther computer. i pissed my pants and want to troll about something.

im not trolling about anything i just wanted to know what ppl think about it.

Chronz
05-03-2011, 11:23 AM

In your opinion, what kind of efficiency differentials do the Magic post without Dwight?

As to your Blake Griffin comparison, Blake Griffin has been one of the most overhyped players i can remember EVER. His team loses even with his nice stats yet he was an all star? He was declared the slam dunk champ before the contest even took place (which he subsequently lost imo because Javal Mcgee should have took that)... so i ask why? Its all money man. The league needs its cash cows and thats how they are using Rose, Griffin, Melo, Amare... all these guys that dont deserve all the praise they get...
Yes

AllBall
05-03-2011, 11:41 AM
AI as MVP > Rose as MVP

D1JM
05-03-2011, 11:46 AM
He got MVP because he is the ****en man

haggis
05-03-2011, 11:48 AM

hmmm....

like i said before i think rose got the mvp because he "broke out." ..... i bet you lebron doesnt win an mvp for the rest of his career and i bet blake griffin gets an mvp soon just because the media plays the biggest part in mvp award and what people think about players.

i mean...did blake griffin deserve to win the dunk contest? no.... but he did because he was the favorite. why did rose win? because hes the favorite/underdog. but i could think of a bunch of players i would rather have on my team than rose.

seems like you know a lot about the NBA... :eyebrow:

Jay16
05-03-2011, 11:48 AM

If you do it by who is "most valuable" to his team then by far it's Dwight. ORL would not have won 10 games without Dwight this year. His value to that team in unmeasurable.

Jay16
05-03-2011, 11:51 AM

He got the MVP because apparantly the people who vote for it don't know much about the NBA either.

mikealike305
05-03-2011, 11:51 AM
he won cuz hes exciting to watch and he marketable

GeekInThePink
05-03-2011, 11:55 AM
He's fun too watch, led his team to the best record, and put up some pretty solid numbers. I like Dwight just as much for MVP but you can't go wrong with either.

Tarheels23
05-03-2011, 12:00 PM
He won the MVP because he looks good on sportscenter's top 10

Guys like Dwight, Durant, Lebron, Chris Paul.... are much more valuable players than Rose.

That being said, Rose had a great season. He was pretty consistant all year long and his team surprised many people outside of Chicago. Congrats to the Bulls on a great season. They were rewarded with a COY and MVP.

RZZZA
05-03-2011, 12:01 PM
This forum is very anti-rose. Read any other sports forum and it's not nearly this anti-rose.

Jay16
05-03-2011, 12:01 PM
Assuming we are taking value to his team out of it. (If that was the case then Dwight would have won MVP). Let's compare the major stats and take out those stupid inmeasurable intangibles like heart, fire, determination blah blah blah....

Player A: 26.7 pts 7 asst 7.5 rbs while shooting 51%
Player B: 25 pts 7.7 asst 4.1 rbs while shooting 44%

Based on the more important numbers Player A should win by far. He was more efficient while having better stats in all categories (except asst by .2).

BUT!!!!!!!!

let's add the media outlook, Rose carried his team to the best record in the east, did it while 2 "ok" players were hurt. Bron had the "decision" which didn't sit to well with the media or anyone not in Miami. Bron had more help on his team. Truth is the media fell in love with Rose and gave him the MVP, Bron had no chance of winning eventhough he is the better player this year.

Hawkeye15
05-03-2011, 12:03 PM
Because Dwight's team didn't play well enough, the LeBron hate is in full steam ahead, giving it to Kobe would be boring, and the Bulls were the suprise storyline of the year, won the east, and Rose was on ESPN highlights everynight

That is the harsh truth. Sorry.

All that being said, I have come to terms over the past 6 weeks with Rose winning it. And I can think of worse selections. For sure. He had a terrific season, and in the midst of one of the weaker MVP races I can think of, where nobody stood out, Rose did in fact draw the attention of the general fan and the media, propelling him to winning the MVP.

Congrats to Rose

AllBall
05-03-2011, 12:03 PM
This forum is very anti-rose. Read any other sports forum and it's not nearly this anti-rose.

notsureifserious.jpg

RZZZA
05-03-2011, 12:06 PM
oh I'm totally serious. I lurk in lots of forums, this forum is by far the most anti-rose/anti-bulls forum I've seen

kho1313
05-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Yep since superman lead his team to a 4th seed and a first round exit. Yes, you got that right???? Plus getting suspended from his team at the end of the year because of his technical fouls. Yep thats why Howard deserves the MVP over someone who lead his team to the best record in the NBA. Don't get me wrong, Howard is a great great player but Derrick deserves the MVP this year.

buch88
05-03-2011, 12:09 PM
The overhype and publicity was there for rose since the middle of the season. In my opinion, he was a deserving candidate, but not more deserving than Dirk.

Chill_Will_24
05-03-2011, 12:11 PM
this makes no sense, you are comparing a center, who has a bunch of shooters around him, to a pg who is option 1,2 and sometimes 3 on his team. not to take away you are comparing a center to a point guard.

i would ask why you are a vikings, and nets fan, being they are not even in the same media markets, or close to each other, but ill not worry about it.

Your first sentence proves that you lack reading and comprehension skills... since i was not comparing them as players or even comparing their relative statistics. I was merely presenting the argument that the award is not about the best seasons story or performer. MVP is about which player is most valuable to his team and there is none more valuable than Dwight....

The second sentence proves nothing. Bringing up irrelevant things into a debate in order to insult a poster is a sure fire way to lose credibility.

Chill_Will_24
05-03-2011, 12:14 PM
dude please shut the hell up

I COULD retialiate but whats the point... DEBATING 101: If your argument is provoking anger and irrelevant insult... your winning.

Look mr internet gangsta, why dont you try to actually bring facts and an actual argument into this debate. Your post is worthless.

Cubs Win
05-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Rose won the MVP because analysts who watch sports for a living voted that out of any player in the NBA, he had the most value to his team.

He carried an expected 4/5 seed at best (as most said), to the #1 seed in the East and best record in the NBA while missing Boozer and Noah (both can be said to be anywhere between the 2nd and 4th best players on the team) for long chunks of the season.

Dwight took a team that was supposed to be a 2/3 seed to the #4 seed at season's end. Great stats? Sure. But the most important stat is winning.

LeBron co-led a team that was supposed to be the #1 seed and win near 70 games to the #2 seed and 58 wins. Without LeBron that team still wins around 50 games. Once again great stats but didn't produce in the win column the way Derrick Rose's team did.

In the end it comes down to a player with great stats and having a team that wins a lot of games. Rose had both. In addition, he showed time and time again at the end of games that you could go to him for the win. Dwight didn't get as many publicized opportunities and we all know about LeBron's struggles in that area this season.

Hawkeye15
05-03-2011, 12:16 PM
cool off in here with the insulting please, or this threads gets closed. You have been warned.

ne3xchamps
Your first sentence proves that you lack reading and comprehension skills...

The second sentence proves nothing. Bringing up irrelevant things into a debate in order to insult a poster is a sure fire way to lose credibility.

agreed. who the hell cares if you like 2 teams from different regions?

RZZZA
I COULD retialiate but whats the point... DEBATING 101: If your argument is provoking anger and irrelevant insult... your winning.

Look mr internet gangsta, why dont you try to actually bring facts and an actual argument into this debate. Your post is worthless.

because people are tired of this rose vs dwight argument, do you know how many hundreds of pages of arguments people went through on just this topic during the season?

Chill_Will_24
05-03-2011, 12:23 PM
He got the MVP because apparantly the people who vote for it don't know much about the NBA either.

He won the MVP for the same reason that Justin Bieber got MVP of the celeb all star game.... except with Rose its grown men voting. For the same reason Blake Griffin got in the All Star game ahead of some greater player and won the dunk contest before the contest took place.

I fully believe that David Stern and Vince McMahon are close friends and share trade secrets

Double_R
05-03-2011, 12:24 PM
Because he plays for Chicago and Dwight plays for Orlando and Lebron plays for Miami.

He has really proved his value so far as a shot chucker.

northsider
05-03-2011, 12:28 PM
You know when I read this title I was blown away I was all like what a great ****ing idea. I mean we really haven't discussed this at all. I mean it isn't like I couldn't go back a page or 2 and find maybe 100,000 threads about this. Good idea and I am glad we let this one stay cause I feel like we haven't got peoples opinion on this one. So here we go another great step for the NBA forum. I am sure the conversation won't lead to Bulls fans vs. the world.

JordansBulls
05-03-2011, 12:29 PM

Dude lost in round 1 with HCA when every analyst said they would win.

NYY 26 to 7
05-03-2011, 12:30 PM
Because voters hate big men. Howard is more dominant on both ends of the floor. There is a reason Shaq has 1 MVP and thats because the writers hate big men and its a joke.

JordansBulls
05-03-2011, 12:31 PM
Who do you justify over him?

So a guy playing along side another MVP candidate, a PF that put up 24/11 last year, and still ended up with a worse record by 4 games is more deserving?

How do you justify Bryant over Rose, when he has more help, played very little defense, put up similar stats, and ended up with a record 5 games worse?

How do you put Durant over Rose when he's not significantly better statistically, had jut as much help as Rose, including a player pretty darn comparable to Rose as a sidekick and ended up with a record 7 games worse.

I see an argument for Howard, but tell me when the last time was that an MVP was from a team with only 52 wins and had the 8th best record in the NBA?

RZZZA
05-03-2011, 12:31 PM
cool off in here with the insulting please, or this threads gets closed. You have been warned.

close it. This forum can't handle talking about Derrick Rose. What are you waiting for? You waiting for this thread to grow into 30 pages long of flaming, baiting and arguing? its inevitable. This forum is so hateful and petty. You know where this thread is going, I know where this thread is going, so just close it.

and maybe talk it over with the mods in your forum and consider banning all threads about Derrick Rose in the NBA forum. They all turn out the same.

Chill_Will_24
05-03-2011, 12:32 PM
He's fun too watch, led his team to the best record, and put up some pretty solid numbers. I like Dwight just as much for MVP but you can't go wrong with either.

1. That record is on Tom Thibodeau more that it is on Rose

2. Those "solid numbers" mask the REAL numbers that prove why guys like him and Melo shouldnt be so overhyped. Its like the media thinks that ALL of us are idiotic puppets that will mindlessly buy into their hype without taking a step back and analyzing things objectively. Rose is a ball hog and he is very inefficient.

3. Just look at how much Boozer has regressed playing off of Rose. Most people that buy the Rose hype say that Boozer has regressed now that he has a contract or that injuries have affected him but no... its not because of any of that. Rose is not a PG like Williams is. Rose is an SG. So when i hear the media saying that Rose is the best PG in the league its insulting. More insulting than hearing that Pau Gasol is a top 5 C.

bosox3431
05-03-2011, 12:32 PM

Ya no doubt, they showed thibs how amazing he is by giving him coach of the year award.

NYY 26 to 7
05-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Dude lost in round 1 with HCA when every analyst said they would win.

#1 playoffs have nothing to do with the MVP
#2 have you seen the rest of the Magic? They're awful.
#3 if you are looking at playoffs take a peek at Howards numbers.
#4 most valuable player - not the best player on the best team. That Magic team is one of the worst in the NBA without Howard.

nothappyinut
05-03-2011, 12:35 PM
The only reason why rose won it was because he is in Chicago. You take rose out of Chicago with their current team they still make the playoffs you take Howard out of Orlando they are a bottom 5 team. Say it with me most valuable player. Not most awesomest coolest I like him a lot he is so exciting player.

Chill_Will_24
05-03-2011, 12:44 PM
Yep since superman lead his team to a 4th seed and a first round exit. Yes, you got that right???? Plus getting suspended from his team at the end of the year because of his technical fouls. Yep thats why Howard deserves the MVP over someone who lead his team to the best record in the NBA. Don't get me wrong, Howard is a great great player but Derrick deserves the MVP this year.

Will people stop using this reasoning. The were tied for the best record with the Spurs and i cant single out who led the Spurs more than the coach himself. The fact is that, and Celtics fans will attest to this, Tom Thibodeau is the best defensive mastermind in the league and his system is the reason the Bulls dominated the regular season. The ONLY player i can remember "leading" his team to the best record was Lebron with the Cavs.

minervamob
05-03-2011, 12:45 PM
Its not just the media. His peers were saying he was the mvp after seeing his performances first hand. The Bulls beat every team at least once, Noah and Boozer missed a significant amount of games and the team kept winning with Rose. The best record in the NBA. Dwight Howard had another solid season, but his team was 4th in the conference. He was rewarded with defensive player of the year. He could not get his team out of the first round. MVP's dont lose in the 1st round.

Cubs Win
05-03-2011, 12:46 PM
#1 playoffs have nothing to do with the MVP
#2 have you seen the rest of the Magic? They're awful.
#3 if you are looking at playoffs take a peek at Howards numbers.
#4 most valuable player - not the best player on the best team. That Magic team is one of the worst in the NBA without Howard.

#1. OK
#2. They almost beat the Portland and Chicago without him. The lost by 4 and 3 points respectively. He missed these games because he couldn't control himself and was suspsended for technical fouls. Not a very valuable trait. :eyebrow:
#3. I thought we weren't looking at the playoffs.
#4. The reason Howard had so many monster games is because teams figured out, they could beat the Magic without having to double or triple Howard. The same can't be said for Rose and the Bulls.

If you do choose to look at the playoffs, notice only 1 win with a huge game from Howard. They also had a win when he put up 8 pts, 8 reb, 1 blk.

In their 2 wins he averaged: 20.5 ppg, 13.5 rpg, 1 bpg
In their 4 losses he averaged: 30.25 ppg, 16.5 rpg, 2.25 bpg.

Small sample size? Yes. But it's a trend I noticed that stayed fairly consistent after he put up 40/15 in a loss to the Bulls in January.

JordansBulls
05-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Will people stop using this reasoning. The were tied for the best record with the Spurs and i cant single out who led the Spurs more than the coach himself. The fact is that, and Celtics fans will attest to this, Tom Thibodeau is the best defensive mastermind in the league and his system is the reason the Bulls dominated the regular season. The ONLY player i can remember "leading" his team to the best record was Lebron with the Cavs.

No, we had the best record in the NBA, not tied for the best record in the NBA. And Rose was our only allstar.

minervamob
05-03-2011, 12:48 PM

Know the facts...Bulls were 62-20 and spurs were 61-21.

Chill_Will_24
05-03-2011, 12:55 PM
Rose won the MVP because analysts who watch sports for a living voted that out of any player in the NBA, he had the most value to his team.

He carried an expected 4/5 seed at best (as most said), to the #1 seed in the East and best record in the NBA while missing Boozer and Noah (both can be said to be anywhere between the 2nd and 4th best players on the team) for long chunks of the season.

Dwight took a team that was supposed to be a 2/3 seed to the #4 seed at season's end. Great stats? Sure. But the most important stat is winning.

LeBron co-led a team that was supposed to be the #1 seed and win near 70 games to the #2 seed and 58 wins. Without LeBron that team still wins around 50 games. Once again great stats but didn't produce in the win column the way Derrick Rose's team did.

In the end it comes down to a player with great stats and having a team that wins a lot of games. Rose had both. In addition, he showed time and time again at the end of games that you could go to him for the win. Dwight didn't get as many publicized opportunities and we all know about LeBron's struggles in that area this season.

This is the most flawed argument to Rose that i keep hearing. That is the same argument proposed by the media and i see that the media is feeding its puppets well. Rose led the team in statistics. Nothing more. Tom Thibodeau is the biggest reason that the Bulls are the number one seed. Without that coach, the Bulls would be a sixth seed. Boozer has regressed so he was never truly missed and Noah is just a garbage man and while his energy and passion is immeasurable, he is easily replaced as his role is very small. In the grand scheme of things regarding the team neither of them are that necessary for the system to work.

RZZZA
05-03-2011, 12:56 PM
oh for the love of God, CLOSE THE THREAD

why do mods keep letting these horrible threads go on way past the point of usefulness?

Chill_Will_24
05-03-2011, 12:57 PM
because people are tired of this rose vs dwight argument, do you know how many hundreds of pages of arguments people went through on just this topic during the season?

You dont have to be here. There are other threads and forums to read.

Hawkeye15
05-03-2011, 12:58 PM
I warned to keep it civil. But instead, the same circle of points that just don't matter keep coming up, and in an insulting way most times. This is closed, and I will close any attempts to bring this up as well.

Grow up some of you