PDA

View Full Version : Randolph not impressed with Perkins defense

P-O-Z
05-02-2011, 01:20 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Zach-Randolph-outduels-Kendrick-Perkins-as-Memphis-Grizzlies-upset-Oklahoma-City-Thunder-050111

Perks good, but all Perk can do is foul me. Thats the only thing he can do. The best thing about his defense on me is to foul me . . . He cant (stop Randolph). Hes too slow. Hes a big body. He can foul.

I dont think nobody in the league can stop me. Not only Perk. I tell Perk to his face. I already told him before.

Z-Bo showing he aint scared i like that .

Avenged
05-02-2011, 01:23 PM
:laugh2: love this guy!

Never was a fan of Perk. I'm sure Marc Gasol also feels some bad blood towards him knowing that Perk doesn't like his brother and all. ;)

Baller1
05-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Randolph is the type of big Perk can't guard at all. He's to quick for Perk and too strong for Ibaka. We stand no chance of stopping him, so it's about the team playing strong help defense and bothering Gasol.

Everything he said is true unfortunately.

Hawkeye15
05-02-2011, 01:24 PM
yep, bad matchup for Perk. He is just as strong, and anyone in the universe is a better athlete than Perk.

Baller1
05-02-2011, 01:24 PM
It sucks I have to hate this guy... :sigh:

Rivera
05-02-2011, 01:26 PM
zbo is the man

but fair warning zbo:

"do not bark up that tree that tree will fall on you"

dnewguy
05-02-2011, 01:30 PM
Joel Anthony will shut him down.

Basketash
05-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Z-Bo is the boss!

BIGgameHUNTER11
05-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Why is his nickname Zbo? I get the Z part.

ChitownSports16
05-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Its true... I think Perk is overrated.

Sadds The Gr8
05-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Ownt.

mike_noodles
05-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Well, that's only game 1, don't forget the best player in the league plays for OKC and I wouldn't want to be the one talking trash to his teammate to get him fired up.

The Jokemaker
05-02-2011, 01:55 PM
zbo is the man

but fair warning zbo:

don't you mean "foul on you" ?

Gibby23
05-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Well, that's only game 1, don't forget the best player in the league plays for OKC and I wouldn't want to be the one talking trash to his teammate to get him fired up.

What is he going to do? Get fired up and shoot more jumpers. The Thunder don't have an inside game to counter the Grizz.

Sly Guy
05-02-2011, 02:02 PM
I love the brand of power basketball the grizz are playing right now.

ilovemyangel
05-02-2011, 02:08 PM
too soon to talk yet...but Z Bo is just the type of big man that Perk admitted he had trouble with. Those that has a mid range shot outside and can blow by you.

Raph12
05-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Perk does foul a lot...

kblo247
05-02-2011, 02:20 PM
If Kwame Brown could catch a damn ball, he would be much better and much cheaper for what the Thunder need.

kblo247
05-02-2011, 02:23 PM
You missed Z-BO fast breaking versus Manu and Tony? :laugh2: I still have that recorded

Phenomenonsense
05-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Grizz remind me of the 04 pistons. Unguardable 4 and no superstar power. Good to see that still wins games.

justinnum1
05-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Joel Anthony will shut him down.

lmfao...so true

rapjuicer06
05-02-2011, 02:34 PM
perkins should be guarding gasol. ibaka should be on zach

The Ooh Child
05-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Z-Bo is gutta

kblo247
05-02-2011, 02:36 PM
perkins should be guarding gasol. ibaka should be on zach

Please let that happen. I'll pop some popcorn as Marc kills Perk to show he isn't soft like he labeled his brother being and Zach bulldozes Ibaka

210Don
05-02-2011, 02:37 PM
my spurs defended them way better than the thunder suprised because i thought we just sucked but the grizz are just better than everyone now.

MrfadeawayJB
05-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Against miami Z-Bo had a game of

13pts 9 reb

21pts 13 reb.

Good luck shutting that down Joel "the alien" Anthony!!! plus who does that leave guarding Gasol, Bosh? Illguaskas? Dampier? Please!!! Although it is flattering that some miami fans have us as a possible finals opponent!

P-O-Z
05-02-2011, 02:40 PM

13pts 9 reb

21pts 13 reb.

Good luck shutting that down Joel "the alien" Anthony!!! plus who does that leave guarding Gasol, Bosh? Illguaskas? Dampier? Please!!! Although it is flattering that some miami fans have us as a possible finals opponent!

Ummm ... he was kidding and by the way its THE WARDEN :cool:

rapjuicer06
05-02-2011, 02:45 PM
Please let that happen. I'll pop some popcorn as Marc kills Perk to show he isn't soft like he labeled his brother being and Zach bulldozes Ibaka

dwight is stronger than Marc and perkins does a decent job on him. ibaka could do a decent job just because he's so athletic. he might get pushed around a bit, but he'd do better than perk would

Fnom11
05-02-2011, 02:49 PM
I have faith JA would change that mentality.

kblo247
05-02-2011, 02:50 PM
dwight is stronger than Marc and perkins does a decent job on him. ibaka could do a decent job just because he's so athletic. he might get pushed around a bit, but he'd do better than perk would

That is true about giving them both a better shot versus The GaZbo!

You risk getting killed on the glass more for second chance points as well though. Zach can throw Ibaka around off the glass by pushing him under the bucket. Since Marc is the biggest center in the league after Bynum, I'd imagine Perk would struggle to keep his body off the glass much like he does Drew's as well since it is harder to position and seal them.

leftymo
05-02-2011, 03:03 PM
What is he going to do? Get fired up and shoot more jumpers. The Thunder don't have an inside game to counter the Grizz.

lol. Granted it was only one game, but i saw two teams playing to their strengths. Then you reliaze its the playoffs and only one team was playing playoff style basketball. Inside out, post up game controlled possessions, the other was playing a regular season game, face paced, up tempo, etc...

Memphis is a legit team, playing the best ball of any playoff team right now. They have wing defenders, and two post players.

OKC? They have two scorers, and another off the bench... ibaka is good but limited in his offensive arsenal, perkins is a defensive center better on help defense, and setting picks. They don't exactly execute on offense. They let westbrook drive and shoot and if he's got nothing he just throws it to Durant for a jumper.

Tanakid777
05-02-2011, 03:08 PM

When did Miami trade LeBron to OKC?

mjt20mik
05-02-2011, 03:08 PM
I have faith JA would change that mentality.

I'm just curious. You would put Bosh on Gasol?

rapjuicer06
05-02-2011, 03:09 PM
That is true about giving them both a better shot versus The GaZbo!

You risk getting killed on the glass more for second chance points as well though. Zach can throw Ibaka around off the glass by pushing him under the bucket. Since Marc is the biggest center in the league after Bynum, I'd imagine Perk would struggle to keep his body off the glass much like he does Drew's as well since it is harder to position and seal them.

zach can throw ibaka around, but ibaka can also jump out of the gym for the rebounds as well. gasol may be a 7 footer, but 2 or so inches doesn't mean a lot when perkins arms are just as long if not longer

justinnum1
05-02-2011, 03:28 PM

13pts 9 reb

21pts 13 reb.

Joel would make him work, and that 21/13 came during a 30pt blowout...

heat-grizz would be an epic series.

kblo247
05-02-2011, 03:33 PM
zach can throw ibaka around, but ibaka can also jump out of the gym for the rebounds as well. gasol may be a 7 footer, but 2 or so inches doesn't mean a lot when perkins arms are just as long if not longer

Marc is big, not just tall and long. Perk has trouble with Bynum because he has a bigger frame than him. Marc's frame is second to only Bynum's so I think Perk would have a hard time moving him around especially with his boosted confidence and health.

KnicksR4Real
05-02-2011, 03:34 PM
He does certainly have the right to do this.

Hustlenomics
05-02-2011, 03:37 PM
zbo is the man

but fair warning zbo:

i don't know why his advisors ain't fore warn him

sep11ie
05-02-2011, 03:38 PM
I love how all the heat fans turn this into a heat thread.

redsox0717
05-02-2011, 03:45 PM
This is what I was saying when everyone was praising OKC for trading for him, but everyone was convinced he was like the best defensive center ever or something. Well he isn't. He's a big body that can clog the lane but his lateral movements are putrid so he can't defend against big men with good post moves and quickness like Z-Bo.

Dash
05-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Did heat fans really just say Joel Anthony.

Shut up.

Tha Truth
05-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Perkins said we are going to see a different Perkins on Tuesday.

Unless he comes with a Scream mask and a machete to decapitate Z-Bo, nothing will change. He will continue to get abused by Zach.

rapjuicer06
05-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Marc is big, not just tall and long. Perk has trouble with Bynum because he has a bigger frame than him. Marc's frame is second to only Bynum's so I think Perk would have a hard time moving him around especially with his boosted confidence and health.

what are you talking about? dwights frame is bigger than both of theirs?

Gibby23
05-02-2011, 04:06 PM

But, Marc and Bynum don't have a hard time against Perkins.

Chronz
05-02-2011, 04:42 PM
By frame he means girth and shoulder width. In terms of post defense having a wide body with a solid base serves you well. Dwight doesnt have the bigger frame, hes doesnt really have a solid base either, hes just not as blessed as Bynum/Marc/Perk are in that aspect.

rapjuicer06
05-02-2011, 05:15 PM
By frame he means girth and shoulder width. In terms of post defense having a wide body with a solid base serves you well. Dwight doesnt have the bigger frame, hes doesnt really have a solid base either, hes just not as blessed as Bynum/Marc/Perk are in that aspect.

http://benogrady.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/dwight-howard.jpg

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/marc-gasol.jpg

http://img.aktuality.sk/stories/2005/Ludia/Sportovci/andrew_bynum_lakers_rihanna_2.jpg

i know what he means. and i still say dwight is bigger than both of them two. saying dwight doesn't have a solid base is wrong...

Jewelz0376
05-02-2011, 05:18 PM
If I were Zbo I'd feel the same way... The way he's playing nobody in the league can guard him

Gibby23
05-02-2011, 05:21 PM

http://img.aktuality.sk/stories/2005/Ludia/Sportovci/andrew_bynum_lakers_rihanna_2.jpg

i know what he means. and i still say dwight is bigger than both of them two. saying dwight doesn't have a solid base is wrong...

Bynum is just bigger. He doesn't have the body like howard but is bigger:

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2011-03/60130212.jpg

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/9982/nbagdwightts1288v.jpg

rapjuicer06
05-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Bynum is just bigger. He doesn't have the body like howard but is bigger:

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2011-03/60130212.jpg

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/9982/nbagdwightts1288v.jpg

that second picture is completely flawed. i'll give you bynum. but gasol? no..

Chronz
05-02-2011, 05:36 PM

No offense but it seems like your taking this a little too personally, as if its demeaning for Dwight to be smaller, its ok your hero is still the superior player overall, but dont make the mistake of thinking hes natural center more importantly I understand hes not meant to be, lots of players did fine without being brutes. But hes not a wide bodied player

The problem with showing pics as your evidence is that they say 1000 words and I dont see the same things your seeing. I see a frail yet strong player, but I do not see a solid base (think tree trunk legs and low center of gravity).

PS I like how selective your pictures were though

tonyd3b54
05-02-2011, 05:43 PM
this shouldnt be a surprise that perk cant gaurd ZBo. thats not the type of D perk plays. He cant keep up with a quick face up guy that is athletic. perk is best on guys who make their living on the block and bang. the thunder should put perk on gasol and just take the hit with ibaka on randolph. perk can bang with gasol and take his low post presence out of the game instead of having both randolph and gasol go off.

TheRunKiller
05-02-2011, 05:50 PM
how did it go from perkins to joel anthony? heat fans hate it when a thread is not about them

Wade>You
05-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Gotta respect his swag, but the league will surely put his words to the test.

justinnum1
05-02-2011, 07:08 PM
how did it go from perkins to joel anthony? heat fans hate it when a thread is not about them

and sure enough, the bulls fans are not far behind...

coryd238
05-02-2011, 07:41 PM

Uh... what?

And Perkins had trouble with Nene too. He can't handle the quick guys.

SugeKnight
05-02-2011, 09:53 PM
I love Zbo right now, but does anybody think he can sustain this play? Hes brought it up to such a high level and if he were to sustain this he would become the best PF in the league. Can he sustain it is the question.

SugeKnight
05-02-2011, 09:55 PM
I hope he can because if this Grizzly team can make it to the conference finals it will be great for the league. Either way actually because OKC is a small market too, plus they have homegrown talent

Mell413
05-02-2011, 10:03 PM
This isn't a good matchup for Perk. Randolph is too quick for Perk.

THE MTL
05-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Zach Randolph is ascending to the level of a STAR!

SugeKnight
05-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Randolph, quick? I dont think so

Azzacadabra
05-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Randolph is backing up his words though against the human gargoyle himself.

jzero
05-03-2011, 12:16 AM
Its true... I think Perk is overrated.

agreed
if he matches up with sum1 as strong as him he loses alot of his sting

0nekhmer
05-03-2011, 01:11 AM
damn, first chris bosh gets it, and now perkins! it is kind of true. but z bo is lucky he has marc gasol in the paint with him to carry that defense

ohreally
05-03-2011, 01:32 AM
damn, first chris bosh gets it, and now perkins! it is kind of true. but z bo is lucky he has marc gasol in the paint with him to carry that defense

Everybody in the playoffs is lucky to have several guys beside them, since no one guy wins anything. Pau is lucky to have Kobe, Bynum, and Odom, Nowitzki is lucky to have Chandler, Kidd, and Terry.

BlondeBomber41
05-03-2011, 01:52 AM
What if the Thunder would of used all their expirings to get Randolph? They still could of made the Perkins trade later.

Westbrook
Sefolosha/Harden
Durant
Randolph
Perkins

Just food for thought.

Anyways, Randolph is right. He is a great player, I have always liked him. I fell in love with his game in the playoffs many years ago when the Blazers played the Mavs and he broke out. Hell of a player.

rapjuicer06
05-03-2011, 08:39 AM
No offense but it seems like your taking this a little too personally, as if its demeaning for Dwight to be smaller, its ok your hero is still the superior player overall, but dont make the mistake of thinking hes natural center more importantly I understand hes not meant to be, lots of players did fine without being brutes. But hes not a wide bodied player

The problem with showing pics as your evidence is that they say 1000 words and I dont see the same things your seeing. I see a frail yet strong player, but I do not see a solid base (think tree trunk legs and low center of gravity).

PS I like how selective your pictures were though

i tried to find pictures of them being squared up. someone said that the shoulder with of marc and bynum were bigger than dwight. and i said bull **** and proved it right there

magichatnumber9
05-03-2011, 09:05 AM
I'm sorry but the Celtics were damned if they did, damned if they don't. ESPN just wanted to dick ride the whole Perkins trade because it's cool to hate the Celtics.

mttwlsn16
05-03-2011, 09:29 AM

lebron plays for OKC?

bagwell368
05-03-2011, 09:33 AM
Randolph, quick? I dont think so

He's quicker then a guy that's 25 lbs overweight with two bum knees.

mttwlsn16
05-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Did heat fans really just say Joel Anthony.

Shut up.

hahahahaha :clap:

Chronz
05-03-2011, 11:18 AM
i tried to find pictures of them being squared up. someone said that the shoulder with of marc and bynum were bigger than dwight. and i said bull **** and proved it right there
You think you proved it by showing pictures with different proportions and angles? Hardly, again those pictures dont tell me the same things they seem to be telling you, if anything those pics show how small he really is in comparison.

Look at them play eachother standing side by side, I really cant believe your arguing against this because Dwight would be the first to admit it. Those guys are wide bodied brutes that Dwight has to outquick in order to score. This has been reported by others before so I have no idea how its new to you.

JordansBulls
05-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Perkins said we are going to see a different Perkins on Tuesday.

Unless he comes with a Scream mask and a machete to decapitate Z-Bo, nothing will change. He will continue to get abused by Zach.

Depends on if Ibaka can help out as well.

Tony_Starks
05-03-2011, 03:28 PM
I love Zbo right now, but does anybody think he can sustain this play? Hes brought it up to such a high level and if he were to sustain this he would become the best PF in the league. Can he sustain it is the question.

Z-Bo has been doing this his whole career. The only knock on him was that he didn't pass but now that Hollins has got him passing out of the post he is damn near unstoppable right now.

But yeah he'll be able to keep it up, no problem. Perkins is in trouble he rely's almost solely on intimidation but Z-Bo isn't scared and doesn't back down so they may have to switch things up or it will be a short series.....