PDA

View Full Version : Referee Bias Towards Miami/Pierce Ejection

Pages : [1] 2

carnage101
05-01-2011, 05:50 PM
You know i don't quite understand the ref bias towards miami, heat have twice as many FT and its not even the end of the game. That ejection on peirce is a disgrace.

I'm a laker fan so i hate both teams but there should have been a flagrant foul called on jones for that, and than to toss him after that? buncha crap if u ask me

what has miami done to earn these calls?

Tragedy
05-01-2011, 05:51 PM
LOL, get ready for all the ignorant NBA fans to rip you apart.

But you're right. No doubt the refs are a ****ing joke. Those that believe Tim Donaghy was an isolated incident should probably go compete in the special olympics.

gaughan333
05-01-2011, 05:51 PM
I am appalled that the NBA lets this happen.

Fnom11
05-01-2011, 05:53 PM
I don't see how it was a double tech either. Maybe a offensive foul but that's about it. Is that a 1 game suspension btw?

nickdymez
Get ready for heat fans to dismiss what your saying because your a lakers fan

KingsMadness44
this thread had to get made but this is going to get ugly quick!!!

the free throw disparity has been HUGE and both teams have been attacking.....miami has been attacking more but they are getting SOOOOOOOO many tick-tack fouls

and then you've got to be kidding me the james jones flagrant foul was a joke!!!!! and then he jumps on top of paul pierce and gets a normal foul thats just wrong

carnage101
05-01-2011, 05:54 PM

But you're right. No doubt the refs are a ****ing joke. Those that believe Tim Donaghy was an isolated incident should probably go compete in the special olympics.

they can rip all they want but
lets get 2 things straight
i am a laker fan, if i can root for both teams to lose i would.

I hate Paul Pierce just as much as i hate LBJ so believe me i'm the last person in the world to back up cry baby peirce but this is a playoff game and to not call a flagrant on jones and than to call a tech on paul is just a disgrace. I honestly am sick to my stomach right now.

Cano4prez
05-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Lol. Miami is outplaying the Celtics, lets say they call a flagrant on Jones, there is still a double technical. Then Pierce got another tech which resulted in an ejection

Jenceman
05-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Yeah, the bias in game 1 has been horrendously obvious. Both teams have attacked, the Heat are just getting the ticky tack calls. And then Pierce gets ejected..

And I ****ing hate defending the Celtics, but damn, talk about sowing it up for Miami.

Illinirob83
05-01-2011, 05:55 PM
He's lucky he didn't get thrown out with the head butt to Jones. Pierce is a douche on a team full of giant douches.

carnage101
05-01-2011, 05:56 PM
i just saw the replay again. PP didn't do anything to get tossed. what a freaking joke

giventofly
05-01-2011, 05:57 PM
I hate both teams with all my heart, but this officiating is just awful.

nickdymez
05-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Lol. Miami is outplaying the Celtics, lets say they call a flagrant on Jones, there is still a double technical. Then Pierce got another tech which resulted in an ejection

Im so sick of heat fans... I just saw the replay. Makes me not even respect the NBA anymore... smh

Illinirob83
05-01-2011, 05:58 PM
this thread had to get made but this is going to get ugly quick!!!

the free throw disparity has been HUGE and both teams have been attacking.....miami has been attacking more but they are getting SOOOOOOOO many tick-tack fouls

and then you've got to be kidding me the james jones flagrant foul was a joke!!!!! and then he jumps on top of paul pierce and gets a normal foul thats just wrong

I don't understand this. People want games to be called correctly yet they get angry at the FT disparity when it is lop-sided. Which do you want? Do you want it to be like NASCAR and have restrictor refs? Do you want refs calling bogus fouls on the other team to even the FT's? How would that not be rigging a game?

Heat have a huge FT disparity usually because they have two of the best attackers of the rim OF ALL TIME. The Celtics do not have anyone who can get to the rim and absorb contact like that.

carnage101

i don't care who is winning or losing at this point. But i'm sorry you can't eject PP for doing NOTHING. Miami is trying to play tough and clearly they got away with a few shoves and pushes. I'm not saying boston doesn't deserve it becaues thats how the lakers beat them but the bias in this game is a joke. The amount of ticky tacky fouls Miami got and than to get that ejection you have to feel that the NBA wants miami to win this game.

Demon11
Paul Pierce headbutted Jones on the previous play, he was lucky he wasnt suspended for a game or 2 because of that, they already lost this game anyways.

KingsMadness44
He's lucky he didn't get thrown out with the head butt to Jones. Pierce is a douche on a team full of giant douches.

WOW man you must've came up with that headbutt arguement all on your own huh not just listen to what the announcers say. :facepalm:

rwynyc
Pierce seemed like he was looking for trouble. Its the second time the ref had to come between him and someone else. I understand he was fouled hard, and didn't get the flagrant call, but hard fouls are apart of the game. As a vet he should know better.

I hate both teams, and am a Knicks fan....lol

Sadds The Gr8
agree with the OP. It's because they have Lebron and Wade and Stern just wants ratings. Stern is a joke and he's making the NBA a joke. Only reason i watch this **** is because i love Basketball as a sport. This is easily the worst league in America.

carnage101
05-01-2011, 05:59 PM
I don't understand this. People want games to be called correctly yet they get angry at the FT disparity when it is lop-sided. Which do you want? Do you want it to be like NASCAR and have restrictor refs? Do you want refs calling bogus fouls on the other team to even the FT's? How would that not be rigging a game?

Heat have a huge FT disparity usually because they have two of the best attackers of the rim OF ALL TIME. The Celtics do not have anyone who can get to the rim and absorb contact like that.

explain the non call on the flagrant and than the ejection. forget the disparity

JB0B0
Horrible officiating. The phantom flagrant call on Jermaine O'Neal, the James Jones foul that wasn't a flagrant, the ejection of Pierce. Egregious officiating.

gaughan333
I had a feeling that Miami would get some help to make it to the finals.

KingsMadness44
Paul Pierce headbutted Jones on the previous play, he was lucky he wasnt suspended for a game or 2 because of that, they already lost this game anyways.

please tell me your not serious man and your a Kings fan. Please tell me you really dont think that was a headbutt

stop listening to the STUPID announcers and come up with your own opinion

Illinirob83
I don't remember Laker fans *****ing about it when they had a huge disparity for years and years. When Kobe was younger and would just drive to the basket and get calls everytime, did you guys complain?

nickdymez
05-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Heat fans are pathetic to me for real.. They never admit that a player does something wrong, is inadequate in an area, or a call is wrong thats made by the refs.. As im typing this Ray Allen is knocking a three in front of the heat bench... I hope the celtics win this without Pierce to throw a middle finger up at stern... The refs are doing whatever it takes to make this thing go 6 or 7...

gaughan333
Im so sick of heat fans... I just saw the replay. Makes me not even respect the NBA anymore... smh

The term fan is used loosely to represent that poster.

t_money25
IMO home teams always get the majority of the calls. With that said NBA refs are the worst in all the major sports. I bet when this series goes to Boston the Celtics will get the majority of the calls.....SMH

Illinirob83
05-01-2011, 06:01 PM
WOW man you must've came up with that headbutt arguement all on your own huh not just listen to what the announcers say. :facepalm:

lol? Do you have a television? It was clear as day that Pierce put his face/head onto Jones. Or do you have an imaginary tv with a bias channel?

BTW I hate the heat.

carnage101
05-01-2011, 06:01 PM
I don't remember Laker fans *****ing about it when they had a huge disparity for years and years. When Kobe was younger and would just drive to the basket and get calls everytime, did you guys complain?

we had a huge disparity because we had a big fat man getting fouled on every play. You know the guy named SHAQ

KingsMadness44
05-01-2011, 06:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I7-KEa99Fw

thats a f*cking headbutt

chonbon
big time, some ******** on that call... and they are raping ray allen

Tuck&Rolle
LOL its just funny when Lakers and Celtic fans cry about calls. You get calls more then anyone else in the NBA, god forbid it goes the other way. How do you think us other teams feel? Knicks were royally screwed in game 1 against the celtics and the NBA apologizes?

The NBA is a joke when it comes to calls. Its actually disgusting and I can understand why people don't like the NBA anymore. If I wasn't such a die hard Knicks fan I would never watch the NBA again.

Illinirob83
05-01-2011, 06:03 PM
we had a huge disparity because we had a big fat man getting fouled on every play. You know the guy named SHAQ

Oh, I didn't know you had Shaq in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009. Must be that damn imaginary TV again.

northsider
05-01-2011, 06:03 PM
There won't be any suspensions right cause that would terrible for this series.

KingsMadness44
05-01-2011, 06:04 PM
lol? Do you have a television? It was clear as day that Pierce put his face/head onto Jones. Or do you have an imaginary tv with a bias channel?

BTW I hate the heat.

if you think that is a headbutt your an idiot go look at the video i posted.....thats a headbutt

carnage101
05-01-2011, 06:04 PM
LOL its just funny when Lakers and Celtic fans cry about calls. You get calls more then anyone else in the NBA, god forbid it goes the other way. How do you think us other teams feel? Knicks were royally screwed in game 1 against the celtics and the NBA apologizes?

The NBA is a joke when it comes to calls. Its actually disgusting and I can understand why people don't like the NBA anymore. If I wasn't such a die hard Knicks fan I would never watch the NBA again.

first of all, i have been saying knicks got screwed since game one but you guys can't honestly tell me that means anything because you guys didn't even win 1 game. you lost by 20 at home twice. if you can't win at home than just stop.

Tuck&Rolle
05-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Seriously you guys are right, it was a bogus call but to hear Celtic fans cry about it is a joke. Seriously you guys get more calls then anyone, you do realize the NBA pampers you and the lakers right?

Illinirob83
05-01-2011, 06:05 PM

I just think it is extremely difficult to ref basketball at any level. The college level it is even more of an abomination. I actually have a hard time watching college bball because of the officiating, it is that much of a travesty on a nightly basis. But Pierce was very fortunate not to get tossed when he head-butted Jones, after that play the refs were going to overreact to everything, that's how it goes. That's how it goes in all sports.

Illinirob83
05-01-2011, 06:06 PM
if you think that is a headbutt your an idiot go look at the video i posted.....thats a headbutt

Did he not put his face into Jones's and make contact angrily? If you don't think he did then I suggest you get your head out of your ***.

carnage101
05-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Oh, I didn't know you had Shaq in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009. Must be that damn imaginary TV again.

how is this becoming a laker argument, just because there are bad calls in a non laker game doesn't mean laker fans can't complain about the poor officiating job done in TODAYS game.

carnage101
05-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Did he not put his face into Jones's and make contact angrily? If you don't think he did then I suggest you get your head out of your ***.
after jones committed a flagrant foul by going for the body and not the ball.

Tuck&Rolle
05-01-2011, 06:08 PM
first of all, i have been saying knicks got screwed since game one but you guys can't honestly tell me that means anything because you guys didn't even win 1 game. you lost by 20 at home twice. if you can't win at home than just stop.

Winning game 1 can change the whole series. Plus losing Billups killed us and then Amare getting hurt killed us as well. It essentially became Melo against the Celtics cause the rest of the Knicks roster is a joke compared to the rest of the players in the playoffs. But I'm not going to even get into that argument.

Demon11
please tell me your not serious man and your a Kings fan. Please tell me you really dont think that was a headbutt

stop listening to the STUPID announcers and come up with your own opinion

My own opinion? Pierce looked like he said something he shouldn't of have, and looked for pity at the ref for a split second, sort of like when a child says something wrong and sent to timeout. The way Pierce walked away looked like he shouldn't of said that, and i'm led to believe he said something so vulgar it warranted the suspension.

KnicksR4Real
We experienced this against the Celtics

KingsMadness44
THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!! for god sake one time talk about the subject at hand

this subject just in case you forgot is about the poor officiating in this game!

carnage101
05-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Seriously you guys are right, it was a bogus call but to hear Celtic fans cry about it is a joke. Seriously you guys get more calls then anyone, you do realize the NBA pampers you and the lakers right?

as an NBA fan i'm having a harder time watching these playoffs because of these calls.

Illinirob83
after jones committed a flagrant foul by going for the body and not the ball.

Flagrant fouls happen, that doesn't excuse Pierce for overreacting like a douche that he is.

Tqafg96
This has been the worst officiated playoffs since the year of the whole Lakers-Kings fiasco

carnage101
THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!! for god sake one time talk about the subject at hand

this subject just in case you forgot is about the poor officiating in this game!

thank you

KingsMadness44
05-01-2011, 06:10 PM

im done arguing with you

carnage101
Flagrant fouls happen, that doesn't excuse Pierce for overreacting like a douche that he is.

why call a flagrant on JO than earlier if flagrant fouls happen

Illinirob83
how is this becoming a laker argument, just because there are bad calls in a non laker game doesn't mean laker fans can't complain about the poor officiating job done in TODAYS game.

No, it is a ref argument. Kobe would do the same thing for years and years, LIKE HE SHOULDVE, and they would call fouls. That is how it goes.

Tuck&Rolle
05-01-2011, 06:11 PM
as an NBA fan i'm having a harder time watching these playoffs because of these calls.

Agreed

numba1CHANGsta
the ref's are riding the Big 3 big nutzzz :facepalm:

Illinirob83
im done arguing with you

lol, good choice.

fishfan79
05-01-2011, 06:12 PM
he should of been thrown out from the headbut anyways. Make up call perhaps? But, doesnt matter.

Illinirob83
05-01-2011, 06:13 PM
why call a flagrant on JO than earlier if flagrant fouls happen

Ask the ref. A borderline flagrant foul doesn't give you the right to overreact like Pierce did.

MeloandAmare
now you all feel our pain...

carnage101
I was hoping to watch a good game today. i can honestly say this is the first game i've marked on my calendar this year and said I WANT TO WATCH THIS GAME. I'm not a fan of either team i was just looking for a tough hard nosed game to watch. It was ruined by bad officiating.

KingsMadness44
05-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Mod's please stop this moron from posting (illinirob83) i would like to talk about the subject people are going to continue arguing with his stupid comments because there going to feel the need to defend there team

carnage101
05-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Ask the ref. A borderline flagrant foul doesn't give you the right to overreact like Pierce did.

But you do realize 2 wrongs don't make a right? if you wanna give peirce a tech for over reacting fine, but the rules clearly state if you aren't making a play for the ball than its a flagrant.

Sofnr
05-01-2011, 06:15 PM
The home teams always tend to get more calls during the playoffs. It was nowhere near as bad as people are making it out to be. The Heat were the better team today and deserved to win. I expect Boston to bounce back.

carnage101
05-01-2011, 06:17 PM
The home teams always tend to get more calls during the playoffs. It was no where near as bad as people are making it out to be. The Heat were the better team today and deserved to win. I expect Boston to bounce back.

it changed the whole fourth quarter. I don't care who was going to win i care about the quality of the last 5 minutes of the game. You know the most enjoyable part of any NBA game is the last 5 minutes.

Illinirob83
Mod's please stop this moron from posting (illinirob83) i would like to talk about the subject people are going to continue arguing with his stupid comments because there going to feel the need to defend there team

??? What have I said that has deserved to be removed? The subject at hand is bad officiating, and that is what I have talked about the entire time. What a baby you are...lol.

t_money25
The home teams always tend to get more calls during the playoffs. It was no where near as bad as people are making it out to be. The Heat were the better team today and deserved to win. I expect Boston to bounce back.

Ahhhhh.......finally an unbiased voice of reason

nickdymez
The only good series we are gonna see is OKC/Memphis... The NBA doesn't care which one of them wins that series... They do know neither will win the championship.. Memphis right now is playing better ball than the lakers and matchup well.. But i promise if it comes to a series between the two and memphis looks like they can take it, Stern will put on the black and white and officiate the game himself.. shades of Vince Mcmahon

KingsMadness44
05-01-2011, 06:18 PM

i agree BUT with that said i just dont like the fact that the calls that the heat were getting were not being called on the other side of the court

plus like everyone already said the one BS flagrant and the non flagrant

Teeboy1487
05-01-2011, 06:18 PM
I quit watching. The fix was in. I actually hate the green losers more. At least I enjoyed (from what I saw) seeing them get beat down I guess but the officiating was horrible.

Illinirob83
05-01-2011, 06:19 PM
But you do realize 2 wrongs don't make a right? if you wanna give peirce a tech for over reacting fine, but the rules clearly state if you aren't making a play for the ball than its a flagrant.

I never argued that it wasn't a flagrant. I said a borderline flagrant doesn't give Pierce the right to do what he did. Should he have been tossed when he did? Probably not, but he did deserve to be tossed on his overreaction to the Jones foul.

Giantwarrior
05-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Miami cant shoot like that all series long. Celtics still win in 6 or 7.

KingsMadness44
05-01-2011, 06:20 PM
I never argued that it wasn't a flagrant. I said a borderline flagrant doesn't give Pierce the right to do what he did. Should he have been tossed when he did? Probably not, but he did deserve to be tossed on his overreaction to the Jones foul.

you must not play basketball

Cano4prez
05-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Pierce deserved to get an ejection, he got 2 technicals..

RollinDeep
Pierce did get screwed on the 2nd tech. These are the playoffs people, are you really gonna call techs for some trash talking? There was no foul on the play, just hard contact made on a hard screen. Now that I'm done defending pierce, I need to take a bath.

Illinirob83

I played throughout college. You must not be over 12 years old. Who is taking this out of the subject at hand now?

carnage101
05-01-2011, 06:22 PM

i agree, if someone fouls you hard you get in their face to make sure they don't do it again, esp in a game that means something.

allSUAVE
05-01-2011, 06:22 PM
like i said bad karma from the knick game

KniCks4LiFe
05-01-2011, 06:23 PM
That referee needs to be kicked out of this series. That's not a tech-able call to make.

Whether Paul "fugazy" Pierce said something or not is besides the point, it's the NBA playoffs. I'd be pissed if they called that on my team or anyone else's. That's not how you officiate the game, you're influencing the game's outcome, you became bigger than the game at that moment, now we're not even talking about this freaking game, we're talking about a dumb arse official who influenced the outcome of a game or possibly a series.

I don't want to hear how BOS was outplayed all game, you took the competitiveness of that game 1 out.

David Stern should relieve that official out of the 2011 playoffs. Ed Malloy needs to be taken out of this series.

kjoke
05-01-2011, 06:23 PM
That last play MAY not have deserved paul to be ejected, but you have to look at the entire game to see that it was necessary. Pierce was problematic, head-butting, and then getting in a convo with wade, he had to get ejected. It was not as bad as people say.

KingsMadness44
05-01-2011, 06:24 PM
Pierce deserved to get an ejection, he got 2 technicals..

your not going to look at anything objectively though of course you think pierce should've gotten ejected it helped your team win

carnage101

that is the truth but as an NBA fan i would have enjoyed it if the calls were right, knicks should have won that game or the right calls should have been made.

Just asking for the calls to be made correctly.

Boston is getting a hard case of karma, playing tough and "dirty" is coming back to haunt them.

nolin
these refs are a joke they just handed miami game 1.

phantasyyy
05-01-2011, 06:25 PM
That last play MAY not have deserved paul to be ejected, but you have to look at the entire game to see that it was necessary. Pierce was problematic, head-butting, and then getting in a convo with wade, he had to get ejected. It was not as bad as people say.

LOL.... really i honnestly thought the ejection was because the miami couldnt defend him haha that ref is the miami heats ultimate SIXTH MAN.:clap:

ohreally
The only good series we are gonna see is OKC/Memphis... The NBA doesn't care which one of them wins that series... They do know neither will win the championship.. Memphis right now is playing better ball than the lakers and matchup well.. But i promise if it comes to a series between the two and memphis looks like they can take it, Stern will put on the black and white and officiate the game himself.. shades of Vince Mcmahon

I don't know about that. How did Memphis win in a game 6 and wind up playing the first game of the 2nd round on a super-short turnaround.

AllBall

Paybacks a B aint it! :laugh2:

nolin
05-01-2011, 06:26 PM

your name says it all. and every miami fan that agrees with u are a joke.

KingsMadness44
knicks fans stop trying to make this about your team for goodness sake

Illinirob83
your not going to look at anything objectively though of course you think pierce should've gotten ejected it helped your team win

lol, good argument. He was a problem that entire game, he is an overreacting baby and he has been for years. He is a great player as well, don't get me wrong, but he was problematic all game. And btw I hate the Heat more than any team in basketball today.

phantasyyy
The refs suck!

Fnom11
Lot of whining going on

ewing
He apparently said something mean to D Wade. D Wade is untouchable ask Dirk

kjoke
05-01-2011, 06:27 PM
your name says it all. and every miami fan that agrees with u are a joke.

Wow, you totally changed my mind nolin.

phantasyyy
05-01-2011, 06:27 PM
Lot of whining going on

youd be pissed off too if your team just got dirtied outt of a playoff game lol. what if LBJ got ejected for soemthing stupid like this huh?

KniCks4LiFe
05-01-2011, 06:28 PM
On top of that, I can't believe after game 1 I have to wait to hear comments from a young and dumb official reasoning why he made that call. Pierce gets kicked out, you know for a fact that's not the call to make Ed Malloy, what could he possibly say so bad that Kevin Garnett doesn't say ea. trip down the floor? you gonna whistle that too?

Illinirob83
these refs are a joke they just handed miami game 1.

fans are a joke. Miami dominated that game for around the 6 minute mark in the 1st qtr forward. Boston went on a run to start the 2nd half, but Miami was in charge of this game, they were the better team today. Defaulting to blaming refs is a joke and it's why the NBA gets a bad name. All leagues have crap officials/umpires, yet people whine more about it in the NBA more than any other sport.

nolin
Lot of whining going on

another miami bandwagoner thats a joke

AllBall
boo hoo (http://caristewart.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/dawson-crying.jpg)

carnage101
If you are so posed to get tossed for talking trash my fav player reggie miller should have been tossed every game lol

KingsMadness44
to me it seemed like every time the celtics cut it to 10 they would either get a tick-tack foul called on them or a charge or a no call on the other end

Master Mind
05-01-2011, 06:29 PM
This thread is a laugher

carnage101
05-01-2011, 06:29 PM
fans are a joke. Miami dominated that game for around the 6 minute mark in the 1st qtr forward. Boston went on a run to start the 2nd half, but Miami was in charge of this game, they were the better team today. Defaulting to blaming refs is a joke and it's why the NBA gets a bad name. All leagues have crap officials/umpires, yet people whine more about it in the NBA more than any other sport.

as an nba fan you should know better you can dominate the firs 3 quarters but its how you finish the game that counts.

carnage101
05-01-2011, 06:30 PM
to me it seemed like every time the celtics cut it to 10 they would either get a tick-tack foul called on them or a charge or a no call on the other end

i agree with this too

Sadds The Gr8
05-01-2011, 06:31 PM
another miami bandwagoner thats a joke

x100

phantasyyy

totally agree haha i remember i was going crazy over that "flagrant" by oneal ... terrible

KniCks4LiFe
Kevin Garnett pretty much has the dirtiest mouth in the game, you don't see him getting whistles for garbage talk. And I hate the Celtics, this makes me sick defending that team.

KingsMadness44
05-01-2011, 06:32 PM
que the miami fans coming in and saying absolutely nothing

ks32
05-01-2011, 06:33 PM
hey celtics does this sound familiar "shut up and stop crying about the refs you got out-played on both ends of the floor"

Illinirob83
as an nba fan you should know better you can dominate the firs 3 quarters but its how you finish the game that counts.

Of course, but they didn't. They lost and deserved to. I just have a hard time sympathizing with a guy who overreacts like Pierce does constantly, and when he puts his face LITERALLY ON another man's face. If I was Jones I wouldve been swinging, that's how *** can get out of control. I like aggressive, tough playoff games but I don't like brawls, that isn't basketball.

carnage101
Kevin Garnett pretty much has the dirtiest mouth in the game, you don't see him getting whistles for garbage talk. And I hate the Celtics, this makes me sick defending that team.

it makes me sick that i started this thread but i am about the truth (no pun intended)

Crackadalic
I think the refs needs to revamp the rules on how to officiate nba basketball the right way. Go back to refereeing school or ask that guy from making the call on nba tv cause he knows he's stuff

GeekInThePink
05-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Bad call, move on fans.

AllBall
05-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Ahh, the whining and moaning. Reminds me of '06. Good times, good times. The Hate. Bring It.

JB0B0
I don't have any qualms about the officiating aside from the flagrant on JO, the non-call on James Jones, and the ejection of Pierce. Aside from that, they were still slightly biased towards Miami but that should be expected with home court.

Kannon81
Pure garbage these refs are. Hell in the Pacers vs. Bulls game nobody got tossed when the NBA said there should have been. With the exception of game 5.

unleashthebeast
05-01-2011, 06:36 PM
hey celtics does this sound familiar "shut up and stop crying about the refs you got out-played on both ends of the floor"

:clap: well played, good sir. regardles: winners win while losers make excuses. our defense is what won this game, not the refs

carnage101
Of course, but they didn't. They lost and deserved to. I just have a hard time sympathizing with a guy who overreacts like Pierce does constantly, and when he puts his face LITERALLY ON another man's face. If I was Jones I wouldve been swinging, that's how *** can get out of control. I like aggressive, tough playoff games but I don't like brawls, that isn't basketball.

yes but also by the ref not calling the flagrant he's enticing more fights. Its his job to control the situation. I still feel if the refs handled the ron artest situation better in the brawl at the palace of aubrin hills there wouldn't have been such a crazy situation at the end.

JDMVP
Weather Miami won with the refs or not there is no excuse for Boston letting James Jones score 20+ pts and KG only having single digit pts. The Paul Pierce let's face I won't really be surprise if the NBA does suspend Pierce, ill be more shock if the NBA doesn't do anything with Pierce. Zaza did the same thing during there 1sr rd match vs Orlando and he got suspended.

phantasyyy
I don't have any qualms about the officiating aside from the flagrant on JO, the non-call on James Jones, and the ejection of Pierce. Aside from that, they were still slightly biased towards Miami but that should be expected with home court.

haha every qualm you just listed was the result of 5 point swing towards the miami heat. so in a way those were major, major mistakes.

ElMarroAfamado
05-01-2011, 06:37 PM
it is going to be hard for any team to beat the Heat and the refs at home. Yes it happens every year and all this is part of homecourt but this is taking it too far. This is flat out disgusting and I am not watching any games of this series anymore up until maybe game 6

carnage101
:clap: well played, good sir. regardles: winners win while losers make excuses. our defense is what won this game, not the refs

you guys do realize a celtics fan is not the one making that argument, an unbiased fan( me) is the one who started this thread.

KingsMadness44
Ahh, the whining and moaning. Reminds me of '06. Good times, good times. The Hate. Bring It.

theres 1

KniCks4LiFe
My final thoughts on this, no suspensions to nobody. But Ed Malloy needs to be reprimended, kick him out of this series. He lost the right to call this series. This isn't even about MIA/BOS anymore, it's about the rogue official.

AllBall
05-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Weather Miami won with the refs or not there is no excuse for Boston letting James Jones score 20+ pts and KG only having single digit pts. The Paul Pierce let's face I won't really be surprise if the NBA does suspend Pierce, ill be more shock if the NBA doesn't do anything with Pierce. Zaza did the same thing during there 1sr rd match vs Orlando and he got suspended.

Very good points. :nod:

Chill_Will_24
The officiating in the BOS-NY series was 98% fair and that 2% balanced out because there were questionable calls both ways. All this "karma" stuff is fans trying to make excuses...

However THIS game!.. SMMFH This is the same way MIA beat Philly except this time its more obvious because BOS is no pushover and it puts the referees into sharp focus. The freethrow disparity is ridiculous and i dont care how often Wade and Lebron attack the hole. The playoffs are more physical so the referees need to adjust accordingly. Those stupid touch fouls need to stop.

The ratings for a Lakers/Heat finals will be epic. There is NO way those teams wont make it there. David Stern is a money hungry rat.

ElMarroAfamado

yes but what you dont understand is that it is hard for the road team to play the same kind of DEFENSE when the other team (the Heat) can get away with **** and the road team (the Celtics) cant......

Crackadalic
05-01-2011, 06:39 PM
All I know is more then half the calls wouldnt have been called at all during the 90's. League got softer. NBA isnt rig but Stern is killing the league

Sportfan
05-01-2011, 06:39 PM

orly?

Celtics shot a better FG%, 3pg%, more assists, less turnovers and more steals. Rebounds were dead even, the only thing Miami beat us was more blocks and more free throw shots (what a surprise :rolleyes:)

Kannon81
05-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Foster should have been called for 2 flagrant fouls in the Bulls Pacers game and wasn't. the league changed them to flagrant fouls, but didn't matter in a game it would have been an ejection.

Sportfan
05-01-2011, 06:41 PM
There's not excuse for Miami letting Boston drain constant 3's

KingsMadness44
05-01-2011, 06:42 PM
the officials dictated the momentum of this game......every time the celtics were gaining some momentum there would be a lot of contact if the celtics were on offense and then a little bit of contact when the heat had the ball

wizardsfan3
05-01-2011, 06:42 PM
I hate both teams but this reminds me like the MIA vs PHI series all over again. Miami getting two times more free throw attempts than their opponent. smfh -_-

JLynn943
05-01-2011, 06:43 PM
I'm not a fan of either team, and I honestly think the officiating was fine. Questionable? Sure, at times, but refs aren't perfect. It's not like there was something blatantly clear to make people believe the refs were wrong. Certainly nothing I expect the NBA to come out and apologize for. Pierce was lucky he didn't get ejected for the headbutt anyway...

Also, the foul disparity seemed completely reasonable if you actually watched the game. I don't recall any time were there was a terrible call / no call. Just because Miami did a better job attacking the basket and drawing contact doesn't mean the game is fixed.

In the end, the team that played better on both ends of the floor won, and really that's all that matters.

ne3xchamps
05-01-2011, 06:43 PM

:laugh2: my thoughts exactly. of course there is betting still going on, its the NBA!! :laugh2:

Sofnr
05-01-2011, 06:44 PM
orly?

Celtics shot a better FG%, 3pg%, more assists, less turnovers and more steals. Rebounds were dead even, the only thing Miami beat us was more blocks and more free throw shots (what a surprise :rolleyes:)

The Celtics did not have a better FG% then Miami and it wasn't really even close most of the game. The Celtics shot somewhere around 25% in the first quarter and struggled the majority of the first half. The Heat were shooting 50% at half time and its the main reason they were up 15. Its tough to do that against this Celtics defense.

iggypop123
05-01-2011, 06:46 PM
it surely was questionable. in fact id be willing to argue that was an a foul on wade. ref shrank in the moment and choked. jones did have a nice flop, nothing worth suspending for. the celtics may not have come back but were robbed of the opportunity by the refs.

ttam68
05-01-2011, 06:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvOXl8ryIa8

ODdFUTUrE49
05-01-2011, 06:48 PM
oh man get over it..yes the refs blew that call..but honestly who cares we all know the refs have been a joke all playoffs long nothing new.

KingsMadness44

THIS IS A HEADBUTT FOR GOD SAKES PEOPLE

half of you must not play basketball.......you can get more head to head contact just running through a screen

ne3xchamps
All I know is more then half the calls wouldnt have been called at all during the 90's. League got softer. NBA isnt rig but Stern is killing the league

this. they let alot more go with no calls in the 90's. those were the days.

ne3xchamps
05-01-2011, 06:49 PM
oh man get over it..yes the refs blew that call..but honestly who cares we all know the refs have been a joke all playoffs long nothing new.

the refs have been a joke for about a decade now. :laugh2:

ElMarroAfamado
05-01-2011, 06:51 PM
the officials dictated the momentum of this game......every time the celtics were gaining some momentum there would be a lot of contact if the celtics were on offense and then a little bit of contact when the heat had the ball

this iwas exactly what i thought

ElMarroAfamado
05-01-2011, 06:52 PM
the refs might as well be wearing Heat jerseys. It must be infuriating to be a Celtics fan rigght now

Time2Dieeee
yes but what you dont understand is that it is hard for the road team to play the same kind of DEFENSE when the other team (the Heat) can get away with **** and the road team (the Celtics) cant......

cry me a ****ing river!

i hate ppl who complain...celtics LOST!!! get over it

NO EXCUSES! im sure PP and the rest of the celtics wouldnt blame this **** on the refs, if so they r gunna have some serious problems

JLynn943
orly?

Lol, so we're making up stats now? Steals were even and the Heat shot 47.1% compared to Boston's 42.7%. Even the ones where the Celtics beat the Heat, it was close. Heat shot about 2.5% worse for 3 and had one less assist.

If any other team lost in this fashion to Boston, Celtics fans would say the same thing Heat fans are saying. Celtics just got outplayed.

esscobar05
05-01-2011, 06:53 PM
It was a terrible officiated game but when are they officiated good?
Bad calls are part of the game.. Even with that being said the Heat would have won this game anyway.. The Celtics just were not there to play until it was too late..

JB0B0
I don't see how you can think the refs did not alter the outcome of the game? They call a flagrant on Jermaine O'Neal which results in 2 free throws and a 3 pointer by Bibby. That's 5 points right there. Then Jones fouls Pierce and doesn't make a play on the ball. That should have been a flagrant. Pierce makes 2 but they don't get the ball. So let's say the flagrant was called on Jones and not O'Neal and the Cs hit a 3. That's a 6 point swing.

Then Wade deliberately runs through Pierce's screen and they decide to give Pierce another T. It's obvious that Wade instigated the altercation and wanted Pierce to get a T. The refs ****ed up big time and don't say I'm biased because I could care less about Miami or Boston. I just want to watch a quality basketball game.

carnage101
i wish i could hear some of the trash talk during the game. I'd pay to hear some of that haha

Time2Dieeee
05-01-2011, 06:55 PM
I don't see how you can think the refs did not alter the outcome of the game? They call a flagrant on Jermaine O'Neal which results in 2 free throws and a 3 pointer by Bibby. That's 5 points right there. Then Jones fouls Pierce and doesn't make a play on the ball. That should have been a flagrant. Pierce makes 2 but they don't get the ball. So let's say the flagrant was called on Jones and not O'Neal and the Cs hit a 3. That's a 6 point swing.

Then Wade deliberately runs through Pierce's screen and they decide to give Pierce another T. It's obvious that Wade instigated the altercation and wanted Pierce to get a T. The refs ****ed up big time and don't say I'm biased because I could care less about Miami or Boston. I just want to watch a quality basketball game.

hawks in 6

ne3xchamps
I will say one thing, the refs aren't to blame why the c's were down by 17, but they made it extremely difficult for the c's to come back.

carnage101

that is exactly how i feel. I was hoping this would be the first quality game of the year and boy did that disappoint.

Master Mind
05-01-2011, 06:56 PM
I will say one thing, the refs aren't to blame why the c's were down by 17, but they made it extremely difficult for the c's to come back.

I could understand this.

KingsMadness44
05-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Lol, so we're making up stats now? Steals were even and the Heat shot 47.1% compared to Boston's 42.7%. Even the ones where the Celtics beat the Heat, it was close. Heat shot about 2.5% worse for 3 and had one less assist.

If any other team lost in this fashion to Boston, Celtics fans would say the same thing Heat fans are saying. Celtics just got outplayed.

he was referring to a knick fan that tried to make this about the knicks

ODdFUTUrE49
05-01-2011, 06:58 PM
Laker fans make a good point though..No refs should be biased, its not like they're favoured throughout games anyway haha:rolleyes:

JLynn943
05-01-2011, 07:00 PM

I'm sorry, but did you actually watch that play? Pierce came over right as Wade was running there. There was no way Wade was going anywhere else. Pierce is lucky if he even got his feet set.

I'm glad I'm not a Heat fan so I don't have to deal with this kind of hate all season

AllBall
05-01-2011, 07:01 PM
The refs ruined the heroic wheel chair act by Pierce for the 4th :laugh:

JLynn943
05-01-2011, 07:02 PM
he was referring to a knick fan that tried to make this about the knicks

He said Miami directly in his post

orly?

camador22
05-01-2011, 07:03 PM
I think the refs are out against Miami. It's clear to me that they should have ejected P.P after the headbutt. How do you throw a headbutt and not get ejected???? The only reason they kicked him out after starting another fight is because they were scared the league would investigate they conspiracy against Miami. Luckly Miami is so much better then Boston that they won despite the refs blowing constant calls against them. If the league doesn't suspend P.P after that headbutt then an investigating should be opened by the FBI.

NYKalltheway
05-01-2011, 07:04 PM
oh the love

ne3xchamps
05-01-2011, 07:05 PM

here we go.... this is going to get even uglier soon.

Avenged
05-01-2011, 07:05 PM
A call didn't benefit the Celtics? I'm all for it. :up:

ne3xchamps
05-01-2011, 07:06 PM
I think the refs are out against Miami. It's clear to me that they should have ejected P.P after the headbutt. How do you throw a headbutt and not get ejected???? The only reason they kicked him out after starting another fight is because they were scared the league would investigate they conspiracy against Miami. Luckly Miami is so much better then Boston that they won despite the refs blowing constant calls against them. If the league doesn't suspend P.P after that headbutt then an investigating should be opened by the FBI.

FBI?? Really?? over a basketball game?? settle down dude.

knicks4life33
05-01-2011, 07:09 PM
officiating in these playoffs have been awful

JB0B0
05-01-2011, 07:09 PM
I'm sorry, but did you actually watch that play? Pierce came over right as Wade was running there. There was no way Wade was going anywhere else. Pierce is lucky if he even got his feet set.

I'm glad I'm not a Heat fan so I don't have to deal with this kind of hate all season

lol? You'd rather be a Pistons fan than a Heat fan because they're hated? Gotcha

stlbest5in2013
05-01-2011, 07:10 PM

yeah okay, im a bulls fan so i cant stand either team. that said if that was a head butt, then looking at a dime piece is sexual assault. lol, i mean seriously he never butted his head, he went face to face literally and let it be known jones is a *****.

camador22
05-01-2011, 07:11 PM
FBI?? Really?? over a basketball game?? settle down dude.

Who caught Donaghy?? It was over a basketball game

ne3xchamps
05-01-2011, 07:12 PM
yeah okay, im a bulls fan so i cant stand either team. that said if that was a head butt, then looking at a dime piece is sexual assault. lol, i mean seriously he never butted his head, he went face to face literally and let it be known jones is a *****.

this. the biggest b--ch in the NBA.

fadedmario
05-01-2011, 07:12 PM
They got the call right in my opinion. Quit crying...

unwantedplayer
05-01-2011, 07:13 PM

He could always pull the Kobe technique to use crutches to leave the building.

stlbest5in2013
05-01-2011, 07:13 PM

THIS IS A HEADBUTT FOR GOD SAKES PEOPLE

half of you must not play basketball.......you can get more head to head contact just running through a screen

listen you can not tell fair weathered fans anything they dont want to hear. they know nothing about basketball or any sport. always root for who is supposed to be good, then act like that has been their team for years.

ne3xchamps
05-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Who caught Donaghy?? It was over a basketball game

I agree, if the refs are in on it for gambling yes. But if its just because stern is a money hungry little wh--e and wants a certain matchup, then that's different. all depends on the refs motive.

unwantedplayer
05-01-2011, 07:14 PM
They got the call right in my opinion. Quit crying...
Oh right forgot that rule that if fadedmario agrees with the call it's the right call...

Hustlenomics
05-01-2011, 07:15 PM
no comment on that officiating i witnessed

JLynn943
05-01-2011, 07:16 PM
lol? You'd rather be a Pistons fan than a Heat fan because they're hated? Gotcha

First, I'm not a Pistons fan, I'm a Kings fan who lost a sig bet. And being hated would never deter me from liking a team (after all, my favorite NFL team just earned themselves a whole lot of haters by winning the Super Bowl), I just said that meaning that I'm glad that I at least don't have to deal with people making things up to discredit my team.

I'd obviously love for the Kings to be as good as Miami, but I'm not jealous of having to deal with loads of ignorant fans of other teams.

RZZZA
all I know is, you don't headbutt people leading with your nose. Thats a good way to break your nose.

So no, it wasn't a headbutt.

ne3xchamps
listen you can not tell fair weathered fans anything they dont want to hear. they know nothing about basketball or any sport. always root for who is supposed to be good, then act like that has been their team for years.

this. well put. I wonder how many of them jumped on after the big 3 formed in Miami.

JB0B0
05-01-2011, 07:17 PM

I've watched the play several times on a 60 inch Samsung HD TV. It was a clean screen and Wade recklessly ran through Pierce. Wade couldn't go anywhere else because it was a GOOD screen. The purpose of a screen is to prevent a player from passing the player who set the screen, right?

fadedmario
05-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Oh right forgot that rule that if fadedmario agrees with the call it's the right call...

Boo Hoo

Rego247
05-01-2011, 07:18 PM
shoot i gotta watch the replay. how late in the game did this happen???

JB0B0
05-01-2011, 07:19 PM
First, I'm not a Pistons fan, I'm a Kings fan who lost a sig bet. And being hated would never deter me from liking a team (after all, my favorite NFL team just earned themselves a whole lot of haters by winning the Super Bowl), I just said that meaning that I'm glad that I at least don't have to deal with people making things up to discredit my team.

I'd obviously love for the Kings to be as good as Miami, but I'm not jealous of having to deal with loads of ignorant fans of other teams.

News flash: every legitimate title contender in the NBA is hated. Have you not seen the Rose and Bulls haters on these boards? Or the Lakers haters? It's not only the Heat being hated. Or maybe you should also consider that Bulls fans make up a large portion of PSD.

E.O.21
05-01-2011, 07:20 PM
The officiating was horrible but we still got outplayed by the Heat. Its all right we'll bounce back and take it in 6. Oh and whats up with the Knick fans???? Shut the hell up with that karma stuff we just raped u guys GTFO

JB0B0
05-01-2011, 07:20 PM
@JLynn - Wade just admitted that it was a clean screen and the foul was on him.

John Walls Era
05-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Every team gets calls. It was bad though, but don't act like your team never been favored by calls. This applies to everyone, not singling any team out here.

JLynn943
05-01-2011, 07:22 PM
I've watched the play several times on a 60 inch Samsung HD TV. It was a clean screen and Wade recklessly ran through Pierce. Wade couldn't go anywhere else because it was a GOOD screen. The purpose of a screen is to prevent a player from passing the player who set the screen, right?

You said it yourself, it's not like Wade had anywhere else to go. He was going through Pierce no matter what at that point. It's not like how you're making it out to sound where Wade had some idea to run over Pierce to instigate a technical :rolleyes:

shizzle09
05-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Are you serious? Since when do the fouls need to be distributed "equally"? Last time I checked players have to earn them. Wake up already. Pierce did it to himself period. You don't flex and run your mouth when you already have a tech. You guys want the heat to lose so bad its hilarious. They outplayed the celtics and wade was incredible. It's one game. We can go to every old game thread for every Miami heat win and you same group of people are in it whining about refs.

fadedmario
05-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Pierce deserves a suspension. If it were some scrub player - they would get suspended. Celtics been playing dirty for years.

shizzle09
05-01-2011, 07:25 PM
@JLynn - Wade just admitted that it was a clean screen and the foul was on him.

It's absolutely was a foul on wade and it was called that way. Pierce flexed and reacted with the ref actually 1-2 feet away. Not smart at all

ks32
05-01-2011, 07:25 PM
orly?

who had more points and got the win?

AllBall
05-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Pierce deserves a suspension. If it were some scrub player - they would get suspended. Celtics been playing dirty for years.

He wont get one, just like his buddy KG nut hitter. :rolleyes:

JLynn943

This is what I have a problem with, not whether or not it was a legal screen or not. This is just b.s. Pierce brought it upon himself by setting a screen there. Not criticizing him for it either, but to say Wade instigated it is ridiculous. He obviously fouled him, but it's not like he made Pierce react like he did.

HuRRiCaNeS324
Last year, everyone would have loved this little girl getting ejected.

Now everyone is *****ing. I wonder why :rolleyes:

How quickly people forget how dirty these bastards are just because of the HEAT.

BALLER71
It's sort of silly to argue these things but with or without Pierce, Miami wins that game

smith&wesson
05-01-2011, 07:27 PM
ummm the celtics would have lost any ways

Eagles4Lyfe
05-01-2011, 07:29 PM
Don't you guys know a lakers vs heat matchup is already set up, now their having the refs make sure it happens.
Its all for entertainment and money purposes, i just wonder who they'll make win the championship this year.

godolphins
Pierce didn't deserve to get ejected if anything that second tech they called on Pierce should of been an offensive foul on Wade for bumping into Piece when he clearly had possession but I don't think the ref gave him a technical for that I think it was for something Pierce said.

HuRRiCaNeS324
ummm the celtics would have lost any ways

Exactly, Ray Allen was the ONLY reason this game wasn't a 50 point rout.

Knickrocketsfan
05-01-2011, 07:31 PM

come on. What comes around goes around man. see knicks series for true ref bias

F*(&"Next Year"
05-01-2011, 07:33 PM
I can't believe Rajon Rondo is black. This is news to me.

KingsMadness44
05-01-2011, 07:34 PM
News flash: every legitimate title contender in the NBA is hated. Have you not seen the Rose and Bulls haters on these boards? Or the Lakers haters? It's not only the Heat being hated. Or maybe you should also consider that Bulls fans make up a large portion of PSD.

they're hated because of there fans not the actual team

HouRealCoach
05-01-2011, 07:37 PM
So Miami gets a win and people want to blame the ref's... Pierce headbutted him so thats a damn tech... He's glad he didnt get ejected right then cause youre never suppose to touch the other player. Jones however just stood there and didnt do anything and got hit with a tech.

Its funny how a Laker fan started this after what all the refs did for them

theheatles
05-01-2011, 07:37 PM
oh geez lets just dismiss that miami was winning big at the end so boston put miami on the line 4-5 times at end game...but lets just point to free throw difference and not pay attention to the game situation...whine whine all you want heat won game 1 heat up 1-0...can't wait for tuesday

chicago lulz
05-01-2011, 07:40 PM
1. Pierce should not have gotten ejected...or T'd up for that matter. Just a bit of some jawing at each other. Yes, you don't want games to get out of hand with punches being thrown and all, but please don't take away passion/enthusiasm to win from the game.

2. It is what it is. Refs have been 'horrible' all post-season. You're most likely going to get more calls playing at home than on the road. I have no problems with people complaining about a call while watching a game. But please don't continue to complain AND please don't do as a knick fan did and post thread after thread about it.

3. Don't just sit there and disregard that calls don't ruin momentum, and it seemed Boston had times where it seemed like they were about to go on a run, but a call ruined it.

The past how many ever years, there have always been excessive criticism of the refs. Understandable, but come on, your continuous complaints are not changing anything, and you just end up coming off like a whiner. Players need to understand that there may be calls going another way, and play through it (I'm not saying Boston didn't, just in general).

If you're going to keep complaining about refs, write a letter to Stern, so adamant, that it sways Stern to find better officials. Or stop watching.

The biggest disappointment about the game for me was that it wasn't a closer game and didn't come down to the wire. Hopefully that changes in game 2.

Boston came out flat, and that's pretty much when the Heat built their lead.

smilez15
05-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Ok. Str8 to the point. If we lose, everyone happy, talking about how bad the decision was for james to come blah blah.. And just everyone hating period.. I laugh at you guys..

Now if we win, theres still talking smash talking bout, how the referees are on our sides, and we were just lucky or the other team just had a bad day !!!!

Hahahaha, if Lebron wanted to come to MIA and team up with Wade n Bosh, let it be, I see on all these forums talking bout bring cp3 to new york, bring howard to LA, LOL and those are the same people talking smash bout the heat bringing in James.. Just shut up... Now the heat like it or not is going to win MANY MANY championships in the upcoming years. (yes including this one).. So just Stop hating and just hope your team does good and get off the heats you know what !!!

godolphins
Adrian Woj: "Ref Dan Crawford on Pierce 2nd tech: "..A verbal taunt. He directed profanity at Wade. And in the rule book, that is a verbal taunt.""

"Crawford on Pierce 1st tech vs. J. Jones: "He approached Jones and got right in his face. There wasn't a head-butt....""

Now that's understandable

theheatles
i mean don't look at total personal fouls either which were boston 23 miami 21...

MJ-BULLS
05-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Sure the refs were terrible, but that wasn't entirely the reason why the heat won the game. Some of the blame goes to the celtics too and their defense. Also, that guy wade played well, and as i said, i hate the guy, but lets give the man his props.

If the Refs weren't as bad, its not like they were going to have a awesome chance of coming back. But it would have made it easier for them though, even though they dug them selves to a pretty big whole.

sportscrazed
05-01-2011, 07:45 PM
I hate the Celtics, but the officiating was an utter disgrace. The Heat got all the calls, and most of them were terrible

King Koopa
05-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Read my sig.

Avenged
05-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Last year, everyone would have loved this little girl getting ejected.

Now everyone is *****ing. I wonder why :rolleyes:

How quickly people forget how dirty these bastards are just because of the HEAT.

This is true.

smilez15
05-01-2011, 07:48 PM
You see MJ_BULLS recognizes game..
We heat fans aint saying you got to love the heat.. But you aint got to hate everytime they win a game, and just see that we played harder and better that day, and thats it !!

marlinsfan24
05-01-2011, 07:49 PM
1. Pierce should not have gotten ejected...or T'd up for that matter. Just a bit of some jawing at each other. Yes, you don't want games to get out of hand with punches being thrown and all, but please don't take away passion/enthusiasm to win from the game.

2. It is what it is. Refs have been 'horrible' all post-season. You're most likely going to get more calls playing at home than on the road. I have no problems with people complaining about a call while watching a game. But please don't continue to complain AND please don't do as a knick fan did and post thread after thread about it.

3. Don't just sit there and disregard that calls don't ruin momentum, and it seemed Boston had times where it seemed like they were about to go on a run, but a call ruined it.

The past how many ever years, there have always been excessive criticism of the refs. Understandable, but come on, your continuous complaints are not changing anything, and you just end up coming off like a whiner. Players need to understand that there may be calls going another way, and play through it (I'm not saying Boston didn't, just in general).

If you're going to keep complaining about refs, write a letter to Stern, so adamant, that it sways Stern to find better officials. Or stop watching.

The biggest disappointment about the game for me was that it wasn't a closer game and didn't come down to the wire. Hopefully that changes in game 2.

Boston came out flat, and that's pretty much when the Heat built their lead.

Excellent post buddy.

More-Than-Most
05-01-2011, 07:51 PM
The Heat got the calls in the sixers series and its following over. In no way shape or form should pierce have been given a tech and ejected. Its bull **** at its finest. Also on the head butt. It wasn't a head butt but it deserved a tech and the heat player in that instance got a tech and it wasn't deserved.

All in all awful officiating and its why I am starting to dislike the NBA. I am sick of the excuse 1 team is more aggressive. In the sixers series if they touched James or wade they would call the foul... Down the other end Holiday or Iggy would have to be gang tackled for it to be called. Welcome to the NBA playoffs where the refs make the rules.

2-15's4-22's
Adrian Woj: "Ref Dan Crawford on Pierce 2nd tech: "..A verbal taunt. He directed profanity at Wade. And in the rule book, that is a verbal taunt.""

"Crawford on Pierce 1st tech vs. J. Jones: "He approached Jones and got right in his face. There wasn't a head-butt....""

Now that's understandable

that reminds me of when durant and bosh was jawing at each other and they got a tech i hated that he got thrown out, but if jawing with someone gets you a tech then why not call it if thats what he was doing .......and to someone saying PP got in jones face to show he wasnt going to do anything ........what was he supposed to do ? punch him get a tech too? i would not say bias but 4 horrible calls to me

Heater4life
Here we go.... :rolleyes:

Heater4life
05-01-2011, 07:54 PM
that reminds me of when durant and bosh was jawing at each other and they got a tech i hated that he got thrown out, but if jawing with someone gets you a tech then why not call it if thats what he was doing .......and to someone saying PP got in jones face to show he wasnt going to do anything ........what was he supposed to do ? punch him get a tech too? i would not say bias but 4 horrible calls to me

It wasnt so much what he did as much as it was what he did in such a quick time span. You just got hit with a tech for instigating! Now your gonna go into Wades face a couple plays later.

Not saying its right i can just see why it happened.

Sly Guy
05-01-2011, 07:54 PM
some very interesting calls in this game, that's for sure.

JWO35
05-01-2011, 07:56 PM
IMO at the most it was an Offensive Foul nothing more...but Pierce got ejected for "verbal taunting". If verbal taunting get you ejected, the NBA would have about 3 eligible players right now.

carnage101
05-01-2011, 07:56 PM
So Miami gets a win and people want to blame the ref's... Pierce headbutted him so thats a damn tech... He's glad he didnt get ejected right then cause youre never suppose to touch the other player. Jones however just stood there and didnt do anything and got hit with a tech.

Its funny how a Laker fan started this after what all the refs did for them

i started this thread as an NBA fan hoping to watch one of the most anticipated games of the year. Only to be robbed of a good ending because NBA refs can't do their jobs right. Me being a laker fan has nothing to do with what happened.

jockrider
05-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Heat fans are pathetic to me for real.. They never admit that a player does something wrong, is inadequate in an area, or a call is wrong thats made by the refs.. As im typing this Ray Allen is knocking a three in front of the heat bench... I hope the celtics win this without Pierce to throw a middle finger up at stern... The refs are doing whatever it takes to make this thing go 6 or 7...

a laker fan complaining about stern:speechless:
btw celtics should have won last year lets see if stern tries to pamper kobe again this year.

KeepMonta#8
05-01-2011, 07:59 PM
The Heat got the calls in the sixers series and its following over. In no way shape or form should pierce have been given a tech and ejected. Its bull **** at its finest. Also on the head butt. It wasn't a head butt but it deserved a tech and the heat player in that instance got a tech and it wasn't deserved.

All in all awful officiating and its why I am starting to dislike the NBA. I am sick of the excuse 1 team is more aggressive. In the sixers series if they touched James or wade they would call the foul... Down the other end Holiday or Iggy would have to be gang tackled for it to be called. Welcome to the NBA playoffs where the refs make the rules.

hahhaha says the sixer fan hahahahhahaha :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

2-15's4-22's
It wasnt so much what he did as much as it was what he did in such a quick time span. You just got hit with a tech for instigating! Now your gonna go into Wades face a couple plays later.

Not saying its right i can just see why it happened.

yea that does make sense

quade36
Verbal taunt??? How is this different from when a player showboats after a slam? Or screams in excitement in front of the opposing team, their bench, and the fans. Also, part of basketball is trash talking. That was a weak way to eject someone. Refs are pretty bad. Its funny, no matter what the series is they usually favor the home team.

Fnom11
05-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Aside from the ejection, the officiating was bad for both teams. That ejection was fuvking stupid and everyone agrees.

But in no way, shape or form was Miami headed the game. Lebron, Wade and James Jones earned all of those calls. 3 of JJ's were techs, 3 from a foul of a 3 pointer. 7-9 of Lebron's were CLEARLY HARD fouls which he made an and1 play on one of them. Wade didn't really get any superstar calls that I can recall so I don't see how the free throw attempts is a valid excuse to blame the refs.

KeepMonta#8
05-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Aside from the ejection, the officiating was bad for both teams. That ejection was fuvking stupid and everyone agrees.

But in no way, shape or form was Miami headed the game. Lebron, Wade and James Jones earned all of those calls. 3 of JJ's were techs, 3 from a foul of a 3 pointer. 7-9 of Lebron's were CLEARLY HARD fouls which he made an and1 play on one of them. Wade didn't really get any superstar calls that I can recall so I don't see how the free throw attempts is a valid excuse to blame the refs.

this

Arch Stanton
05-01-2011, 08:04 PM
There was a huge FF disparity in the Heat-76ers match up too. Don't breath on LeBron or David Stern will fine you and suspend you.

metsbulls1025
05-01-2011, 08:05 PM

And here is why the NBA is complete BS and shady things go on.

If a verbal taunt is a technical foul in the rule book it obviously doesn't get called often. Much like when a player excessively complains to a ref he is supposed to be given a technical foul. Well that doesn't happen to often either if you compare it to how often players complain.

With that said this turns into the NBA relying on the refs to decide when it should be called and when it shouldn't. Well if you have a rule that says profanity is a verbal taunt and that results in an automatic T then there should be no exceptions.

It really isn't a surprise to see calls going one way in this league to help a team progress and or lengthen a series.

When there has been a referee caught for cheating in a league where you can adjust an outcome for money you can't just see it as a isolated incident. Especially when said person has completely blown the top off on the process when he has nothing to lose or gain from it.

jockrider
05-01-2011, 08:06 PM

were you *****ing like this when the knicks were getting the **** end of the stick? don't act like the refs were the sole reason you guys lost you guys were getting spanked most of the game.

Future Prediction: game 3 celts get calls and heat fans cry about fixing:

that's how it is, ****ing annoying.

IDB Josh M
05-01-2011, 08:08 PM
The Celtics played like ****, and let the Heat get under their skin. Pierce let his emotions get the better of him, and he got deservingly ejected.

Fnom11
05-01-2011, 08:09 PM
There was a huge FF disparity in the Heat-76ers match up too. Don't breath on LeBron or David Stern will fine you and suspend you.

Who would've thought that a team that lacks interior defense and is a primarily jump shooting team would have less free throws than a team that has two of the best slashers in the NBA, 3 players that demand a double team and who score a majority of their points in the paint?

ne3xchamps
05-01-2011, 08:11 PM
You see MJ_BULLS recognizes game..
We heat fans aint saying you got to love the heat.. But you aint got to hate everytime they win a game, and just see that we played harder and better that day, and thats it !!

the heat did have a better day. honestly I think the c's had too much time off and were really rusty. they WILL be better in game 2.

Sadds The Gr8
05-01-2011, 08:14 PM
were you *****ing like this when the knicks were getting the **** end of the stick? don't act like the refs were the sole reason you guys lost you guys were getting spanked most of the game.

Future Prediction: game 3 celts get calls and heat fans cry about fixing:

that's how it is, ****ing annoying.

he's said it a million times that he thinks the Celtics got games reffed in their favor too.

jockrider
05-01-2011, 08:17 PM
he's said it a million times that he thinks the Celtics got games reffed in their favor too.

hehe, i know but does he ***** about it when the celtics get their way?:D ... im raptors fan and literally every game is rigged or so it seems definitely don't get foul calls even when it's obvious but im not going slit my throat over it.

AddiX
05-01-2011, 08:19 PM
NBA playoffs has become a complete joke over the years.

The officiating today was a disgrace to sports. You can't make calls like that in any game especially the playoffs. I probably won't watch another game till the finals.

CHANGO
05-01-2011, 08:32 PM
:yawn: @WindhorstESPN

Crew chief Dan Crawford on Pierce T: "It's what we call a verbal taunt. He directed profanity towards Wade." 47 minutes ago

And don't know if this is real but...

@standachance

WOW. RT @paulpierce34: I told Wade I will **** his mom like how my man D. West did his mans. Thats why I got ejected

http://twitter.com/#!/standachance/status/64831311545774080

Pierce seems to delete it.

jockrider
05-01-2011, 08:33 PM
@paulpierce34 I told Wade I will **** his mom like how my man D. West did his mans. Thats why I got ejected

LMAO he deserved it i guess? not sure if words would get you thrown out, that is going too far imo bringing somones mother into it.

Young2Kinsler
05-01-2011, 08:36 PM
The NBA loves the Heat in the playoffs....believe me.

n83417
05-01-2011, 08:37 PM

@standachance

I find it hard to believe that Pierce would put that on twitter. That would just be asking for a suspension. I suspect it is fake.

Arch Stanton
05-01-2011, 08:38 PM

@standachance

Haha... I knew that whole D.West-Gloria issue would resurface in the playoffs.

Cbast09
05-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Look what he said. He deserved it. Now STFU already. It's just a bunch of whining.

Raph12
05-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Good for him, as arrogant as they come, then with all of his claims of "heart of a champion", where was that heart when your team couldn't win 30 games?...

CHANGO
05-01-2011, 08:47 PM
Look what he said. He deserved it. Now STFU already. It's just a bunch of whining.

Yes sir... They're mad!

LayZbone
05-01-2011, 08:47 PM

lmao did u watch the game? They were bear-hugging Lebron for those fouls.

ReyesRulez
05-01-2011, 08:54 PM
It's not a bias against Boston or toward Miami. Remember, it was bad calls against the Knicks that saved the Celtics in Game One and Two in the first round.

The real reason Pierce got ejected (and there was that flagrant called on one end, but not on the other), is because the NBA favors the home team. They strive to make it nearly impossible for the road team to win. It's probably their way of giving home court advantage more meaning, since there is no natural advantage to it like there is in baseball. But it's ********. The refs are always the story, and that's a problem.

Arch Stanton
05-01-2011, 08:56 PM
RealSkipBayless Skip Bayless
But if Paul Pierce hadn't gotten TWO raw deals from refs, this game could've been different. I'll unload on this at 10E, ESPN2.

DaVille
05-01-2011, 08:57 PM
The officials are a disgrace to the league. Where is the accountability? Both teams going at hard but one team getting all the favorable calls. Today's game was one sided officiating.The Pierce ejection was unsubstantiated cus Words are said every game. Put Kobe in that scenario highly unlikely he gets ejected in a big game like this.

And whats up with that tweet? I hope it wasn't from Pierce. I think its is a sham.

ODdFUTUrE49
05-01-2011, 08:59 PM
People seem intimidated by the Heat. Quit *****ing and moaning, I mean isn't that what you would tell Heat fans if they were the one's complaining about the officiating anyway.

CHANGO
05-01-2011, 08:59 PM
RealSkipBayless Skip Bayless
But if Paul Pierce hadn't gotten TWO raw deals from refs, this game could've been different. I'll unload on this at 10E, ESPN2.

That is Skip Bayless, what else you expect from him?

carnage101
05-01-2011, 09:07 PM
That is Skip Bayless, what else you expect from him?

he is right tho

Mr Haha
05-01-2011, 09:11 PM
The officials are a disgrace to the league. Where is the accountability? Both teams going at hard but one team getting all the favorable calls. Today's game was one sided officiating.The Pierce ejection was unsubstantiated cus Words are said every game. Put Kobe in that scenario highly unlikely he gets ejected in a big game like this.

And whats up with that tweet? I hope it wasn't from Pierce. I think its is a sham.

Knicks fan here. Please don't complain about the refs. Seriously.

johnwayne
05-01-2011, 09:13 PM
paul pierce didnt deserve to get ejected but the heat are better than the celtics so they were gonna lose anyway.....im a bulls fan so u cant say im being biased, im just being honest.

tr4shb0t
05-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Miami is the future. The league is going to promote them and build their bandwagon, regardless of whether they can legitimately earn it or not. It's a financial decision for the league. Miami is advancing. End of story.

BALLER71
05-01-2011, 09:19 PM
And please, Boston fans, do not complain about the refs. Re-watch the Knicks series and then have the balls to come here and complain about refs.