PDA

View Full Version : Should the Grizzlies trade Rudy Gay? If so, for who?

jmj365
05-01-2011, 05:46 PM
The team in its current state seems to have a lot of chemistry. Do you want to break that up? The Grizzlies could use an outside shooter from the two guard. However, after looking over the landscape of the league, I do not believe their is a player of that magnitude worth(or teams even willing) trading for. Deron Williams, Chris Paul or Dwight Howard are the only players in trade-friendly situations, worthy of trading for. Gay, O.J. Mayo and Gasol (Howard deal) or Conley (Williams or Paul deal) are the way I see it. Would they even re-sign? Who knows? Adding Gay to this now playoff seasoned roster next season will be like a trade. I thought last year Allen Iverson would be the impact player that Tony Allen is this year. He has added the swag to this team. I also knew that if Iverson didn't play that role last year, he would never play in the NBA again. Anyway, Memphis reminds me of the Knicks of '99 with Z-Bo as Larry Johnson and Tony Allen as Sprewell. They have been very impressive.

mzgrizz
05-01-2011, 05:49 PM
NO
We had the same winning chemistry before he went down.

gaughan333
05-01-2011, 05:52 PM
I don't think anyone is gonna take his contract

numba1CHANGsta
05-01-2011, 06:09 PM
how about Rudy Gay for Granger?

hovyboo
05-01-2011, 06:17 PM

I thought the same thing, but IND would want more because of the contracts. (Granger has less years)

Probably a deal like

IND gets: Gay, Mayo

MEM gets: Granger, Posey, 1st round pick

GeekInThePink
05-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Why? I think they'll be that much better when he eventually comes back.

iggypop123
05-01-2011, 06:43 PM
its not a contract people will give you value for

Crackadalic
05-01-2011, 06:48 PM
No. People act like he was a blackhole for this team. He only makes them that much better when he comes back

gsgs49
05-01-2011, 07:35 PM
They should trade him imo.
The best trade they can do is Gay + pieces + picks for Andre Iguadala,they both have huge contracts so it works.
Imagine how good defensively this team would be with Iggy,Tony Allen,Battier and Sam Young.
Also Iggy would be their best passer,yes even better than Conely.

gsgs49
05-01-2011, 07:40 PM

Gay and Granger are almost the same player,they are both chukers,they took 20+ shots per game that's not what memphis needs but Granger is better defensively so this trade wouldn't change the situation a lot.

Ollie Tabooger
05-01-2011, 07:55 PM
The best trade they can do is Gay + pieces + picks for Andre Iguadala,they both have huge contracts so it works.
Imagine how good defensively this team would be with Iggy,Tony Allen,Battier and Sam Young.

This would be sick. Iggy on Memphis, and getting rid of a chucker.

JerseysFinest
05-01-2011, 07:55 PM

That really makes no sense for Memphis

Fnom11
05-01-2011, 08:01 PM
Gay is a great player, I don't really understand why people are hating on him. Not too mention he's pretty damn clutch.

Lake_Show2416
05-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Why? I think they'll be that much better when he eventually comes back.

ya i think that's the way the Grizz look at it too, they see a bright further for their nice young team

its just going to be interesting with who they sign/keep, cuz they already have Conley & Gay signed to long term deals, also they r trying to extend Z-Bo's contract. I hope they can but it might be hard to hold onto Gasol IMO

nycericanguy
05-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Gay for Gallo would be a great deal for both teams IMO. With filler to make contracts work.

DEN needs a go to guy that they can count on for 20ppg + every night. Gay could be that guy.

MEM gets Gallo who doesn't demand the ball, he'll let Zbo get his and he'll really spread the floor out. A front court of Gasol, Zbo & Gallo would be sick. Thats a big front line that can pretty much do it all.

bholly
05-01-2011, 08:08 PM

They can't do this.

Teeboy1487
05-01-2011, 08:23 PM
I say keep him. Memphis seems to have a team set for years. I think they should keep a young immensely talented perimeter scorer. They don't need him but he makes them that much better.

Raph12
05-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Gay for Iggy makes the most sense...

MrfadeawayJB
05-01-2011, 09:20 PM
We should keep rudy. With his addition it give us the clutch shot maker and not to mention if he learns to cut and move without the ball he will dunk everytime off the cuts.

In the worst case scenario, rudy comes back, struggles to fit in the offense, then we could trade him. I like Gallo alot and im sure marc would too. But it would take much more than just gallo imo

jmj365
05-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Andre Iguodala for Rudy Gay is a bad deal for Memphis. He is only slighter better than Battier. Battier is a better three point shooter. Iguoldala is not the answer. They have a good team. They don't need a trade for the sake of making a trade. Joe Johnson would make a little more sense. Granger is also a bad move. That would be Memphis just spinning their wheels. Only elite players in return. Deron Williams, Chris Paul, Dwight Howard and Johnson are those type of superstar players. Only Johnson is a two guard and he doesn't make them significantly better. Rudy Gay could still be a possible superstar player. Playing next to Z-Bo for the next two to three years could make him a better team player. They have a very good roster.

jmj365
05-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Scratch Joe Johnson as a superstar in previous post. Typo. Carry on.

ChiTownPacerFan
05-01-2011, 09:32 PM

LMAO. I came in here to post this as a joke. Memphis may be dumb, but they're not that dumb. I'd sure love it though.

saucy1
05-01-2011, 09:33 PM
the best trade maybe for monta ellis the warriors seem need to get taller either dorell can play 2 or rudy plus they will sell plenty of gay jerseys in frisco

blastmasta26
05-01-2011, 09:39 PM
the best trade maybe for monta ellis the warriors seem need to get taller either dorell can play 2 or rudy plus they will sell plenty of gay jerseys in frisco

Monta Ellis wouldn't help Memphis at all, but :laugh: for the bolded part.

Young2Kinsler
05-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Butler and Roddy B for Gay...done

jmj365
05-01-2011, 09:43 PM

Ellis is too short. Curry is a better shooter. Not enough. I would prefer Mayo and Gay for Eric Gordon and Andre Jordan. Better deal.

MCMG
05-01-2011, 09:45 PM
They need a backup PG. Although, Grevis Vasquez guy has played fine.

DaVille
05-01-2011, 09:50 PM
why would they? Rudy Gay is one of the best Small Forwards in the NBA. Ridiculous idea.

ChiTownPacerFan
05-01-2011, 09:53 PM
plus they will sell plenty of gay jerseys in frisco

Bravo, sir.

LTBaByyy
05-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Gay gets injured and you already wanna trade him????

he is soooo clutch!!! Where were yall earlier this season

He is their 2nd best player and a top 5 SF in the NBA

KnicksR4Real
05-01-2011, 09:55 PM
Large contract anyway.

Hellcrooner
05-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Conley + Gay for Cp3 makes sense.

Gay + Randolph for griffin makes sense.

Gay and Marc(and Fillers) for Dwight makes sense.

Gay and Marc for Melo......;p would look crazy but make sense ( then with billups expirng they pick cp3 or deron)

Panthers4life
05-01-2011, 10:26 PM
gay and a 1st for gallinari and jr smith

Lakerhead4ever
05-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Why trade him? he was one of the top players before he went down. imo hes still their future. imagine when he comes back and he and zbo are running the team.

i cant for next season, the grizz will be more confident and better.

Just like the bulls and thunder when they made it to the playoffs, except this team is a BIG problem it seems.

and im going to say it again, THEY HUSTLED THE LEAGUE! lol

johnwayne
05-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Gay for Gallo would be a great deal for both teams IMO. With filler to make contracts work.

DEN needs a go to guy that they can count on for 20ppg + every night. Gay could be that guy.

MEM gets Gallo who doesn't demand the ball, he'll let Zbo get his and he'll really spread the floor out. A front court of Gasol, Zbo & Gallo would be sick. Thats a big front line that can pretty much do it all.

LOL...this is turr-ble....gay is way better than gallo 8 days out of the week, and since when does gay "demand" the ball? you're either a new york, gallo, or denver fan, because nobody else would agree with that, why does homerism have to ruin EVERY thread?

The Jokemaker
05-01-2011, 10:41 PM
Gay should not and will not be traded.

airforceones25
05-01-2011, 10:41 PM
Clippers would listen for sure.

knicks=love
05-01-2011, 10:50 PM
Conley + Gay for Cp3 makes sense.

Gay + Randolph for griffin makes sense.

Gay and Marc(and Fillers) for Dwight makes sense.

Gay and Marc for Melo......;p would look crazy but make sense ( then with billups expirng they pick cp3 or deron)

:facepalm: don't quit your day job

LTBaByyy
05-01-2011, 10:51 PM
Gay is a top 5 SF when healthy

James, KD, Melo, Pierce, Gay

Granger, Wallace, Deng

lakerboy
05-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Send him to Minnesota so we can finally see the Gay Love Combo

SugeKnight
05-01-2011, 11:01 PM
They should keep Gay but bring him back as a second option and keep this as Zbos team

The Jokemaker
05-01-2011, 11:21 PM
Send him to Minnesota so we can finally see the Gay Love Combo

There was a lot of excitement back when the Grizz drafted Love and that Gay Love combo.

mzgrizz
05-02-2011, 12:32 AM
i say keep him. Memphis seems to have a team set for years. I think they should keep a young immensely talented perimeter scorer. They don't need him but he makes them that much better.

mzgrizz
05-02-2011, 12:35 AM
why would they? Rudy Gay is one of the best Small Forwards in the NBA. Ridiculous idea.

No, we wouldn't do that for anything. We have a terrific roster that will do for a loooooooooong time

ohreally
05-02-2011, 12:46 AM
They are going to be talking to a lot of teams about Mayo, and if I were them I would listen any interesting proposals for Gay. I could definitely see NO trying to make a play for him, but what could they give? Ariza and Gray plus? I'm not sure that would get it done. Gay and Mayo to Golden State for SCurry and Lee? I really don't know what people would give up and what might spark Memphis's interest. Keeping him obviously wouldn't be a bad move either, but the performance of the team in his absence (and Henry's) means they can seriously consider it if the right package comes along and I think they wouldn't have considered it last year.

lilojmayo
05-02-2011, 03:29 AM
They are going to be talking to a lot of teams about Mayo, and if I were them I would listen any interesting proposals for Gay. I could definitely see NO trying to make a play for him, but what could they give? Ariza and Gray plus? I'm not sure that would get it done. Gay and Mayo to Golden State for SCurry and Lee? I really don't know what people would give up and what might spark Memphis's interest. Keeping him obviously wouldn't be a bad move either, but the performance of the team in his absence (and Henry's) means they can seriously consider it if the right package comes along and I think they wouldn't have considered it last year.

Give the Grizzlies a lot of credit. They drafted and made trades for big time talents and potentials.

They can literally package whoever they please ( 100% sure OJ will be a name involved) and bring in a legit current superstar top 5 player.

Gay+ Mayo+ picks for Dwight
Marc+ Mayo + Picks for Dwight
Conley+Gay + Picks for Cp3
Conley+Mayo+ Picks+ Henry for Cp3
Conley+ Gasol + Picks for CP3 and West

Give the management props. But at the end of the day I feel like they are content with what they have, and will allow OJ to go to a place where he can start and just ask for lottery pick and a backup talent big man or PG.

The_Jamal
05-02-2011, 03:50 AM
They need a backup PG. Although, Grevis Vasquez guy has played fine.

I love posts like this. If Vasquesz has played well, why would they need a back-up PG?

YoungOne
05-02-2011, 04:17 AM
why the hell would the grizzlies want to trade gay??? the only thing they need is a backup center, because I dont think haddadi is enough..

conley/vasquez
T. Allen/Mayo
Gay/S. Young
Randolph/Arthur
Gasol/Haddadi

now thats a great team for now and the future!

jmj365
05-02-2011, 08:07 AM
why the hell would the grizzlies want to trade gay??? the only thing they need is a backup center, because I dont think haddadi is enough..

conley/vasquez
T. Allen/Mayo
Gay/S. Young
Randolph/Arthur
Gasol/Haddadi

now thats a great team for now and the future!

This is just for conversation. I like Rudy Gay. He is an excellent scorer, good size, decent shooter and good handles. I also think he has underachieved until this season. He is still a young player and I was giving him time to develop. He is a Maryland player like Melo and Durant and yet he is not nearly as good as those guys. He has the talent to be as good as those guys to me. He underachieved at Uconn and early in his career. Just an observation. A good team with Gay or a great team with Paul or Howard. Just saying. Phil Simms, Wally Pip, Drew Bledsoe have seen this movie before. I still don't think the right combo exists for a trade and in that case he continues to develop. The World Championships did him a World of good. Interesting situation though.

JordansBulls
05-02-2011, 01:20 PM
The team in its current state seems to have a lot of chemistry. Do you want to break that up? The Grizzlies could use an outside shooter from the two guard. However, after looking over the landscape of the league, I do not believe their is a player of that magnitude worth(or teams even willing) trading for. Deron Williams, Chris Paul or Dwight Howard are the only players in trade-friendly situations, worthy of trading for. Gay, O.J. Mayo and Gasol (Howard deal) or Conley (Williams or Paul deal) are the way I see it. Would they even re-sign? Who knows? Adding Gay to this now playoff seasoned roster next season will be like a trade. I thought last year Allen Iverson would be the impact player that Tony Allen is this year. He has added the swag to this team. I also knew that if Iverson didn't play that role last year, he would never play in the NBA again. Anyway, Memphis reminds me of the Knicks of '99 with Z-Bo as Larry Johnson and Tony Allen as Sprewell. They have been very impressive.

I think so especially if they can get a good few pieces back.