PDA

View Full Version : How much money does Marc Gasol get this summer?

Hellcrooner
05-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Discuss

Rego247
05-01-2011, 04:06 PM
10 sounds about right.

MacFitz92
05-01-2011, 04:12 PM
I'd bet he'll get around 8.2 or so starting his first year.

Sadds The Gr8
05-01-2011, 04:12 PM
10 mil.

davids22
05-01-2011, 04:14 PM
He takes a paycut to take his talents to south beach :pray:

KnicksorBust
05-01-2011, 04:15 PM
+$10 mil

He's already one of the best 2way centers in the league and he's a great fit next to Zach Randolph (which is a huge accomplishment in and of itself). If you look at the deals guys like Dalembert and Dampier have gotten he's definately in the range. I'm thinkin we're lookin at a 5 for $60 type deal.

Obviously new CBA could screw that up though.

davids22
05-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Is he a free agent or are you just assuming he'll get an extension?

Knickrocketsfan
05-01-2011, 04:17 PM
nothing has changed since the start of the season gasol will get his max

_KB24_
05-01-2011, 04:17 PM
7-9 Million sounds reasonable. I don't see him as a max player.

GeekInThePink
05-01-2011, 04:19 PM
4/40

Hawkeye15
05-01-2011, 04:25 PM
going rate for productive centers who are young is $10-12 million.

Hellcrooner
05-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Is he a free agent or are you just assuming he'll get an extension?

he is a RFA

nykobe24
05-01-2011, 04:35 PM
the question should be what team is he going to?
i dont think the grizz have enough money cuz they gave gay max last summer and just resigned zeeboooo

Hawkeye15
05-01-2011, 04:36 PM
i dont think the grizz have enough money cuz they gave gay max last summer and just resigned zeeboooo

unless the new CBA gets rid of "Bird rights", Memphis can go over the cap to retain him

Hellcrooner
05-01-2011, 04:41 PM
unless the new CBA gets rid of "Bird rights", Memphis can go over the cap to retain him

the question is

1 will they?

2 Is it a good idea for them ?

pebloemer
05-01-2011, 04:44 PM
10-12. Maybe even higher avg salary with increases each year. Solid C with talent? People will scream overpaid.

Russollini
05-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Where is none due to lockout :eyebrow:

phantasyyy
05-01-2011, 04:49 PM
To Hellcrooner..-> i honestly think they do match gasols contract if u been watching the playoffs a gasol and randolph front line is doing some serious damage... randolph is an offensive force and gasol is the defensive anchor. i couldnt think of a situation where memphis would like him walk especially after the success they had while gay was out

smith&wesson
05-01-2011, 04:56 PM
i think he will get 13-14 mill. teams need big men, alot of teams will throw money at him.

Purple&Gold24
05-01-2011, 05:00 PM
5/50

latinofire21
05-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Memphis cannoy retain Marc Gasol. They are financially strapped. If anything I see them convincing Gasol to sign a 1 year deal and allow him to be unrestricted while they get their payroll in order.

I attached a website showing the revenue of each NBA franchise. It is extremely unlikely that the Grizzlies excerise the Bird Rights of Marc Gasol because they are simply not making enough money in Memphis to warrant exceeding the Salary cap to stay competitive. Last year their Operating Expense was -7.1%. They lost money last year how are they going to overspend to keep losing money?

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/32/basketball-values-09_NBA-Team-Valuations_Rank.html

jockrider
05-01-2011, 05:01 PM
the question is

1 will they?

they told zbo they are going to resign marc after they gave him his 70mil contract.

Hellcrooner
05-01-2011, 05:03 PM
they told zbo they are going to resign marc after they gave him his 70mil contract.

they told him they would TRY TO.

What do they do if Marc says he does NOT want to resign and to get some sign and trade deal for him?

He has one ace on his pocket , rfa only works for Nba he can sign a recored breaker Deal in Europe if he does not want to resign.

phantasyyy
05-01-2011, 05:10 PM

What do they do if Marc says he does NOT want to resign and to get some sign and trade deal for him?

He has one ace on his pocket , rfa only works for Nba he can sign a recored breaker Deal in Europe if he does not want to resign.

I highly highly doubt Gasol would leave the NBA lol. TBH no player that plays significant minutes would ever decide to leave the best league in the world hahah including the fact that he is in for a major payday. RAPTORS WILL SIGN HIM!

Hellcrooner
05-01-2011, 05:13 PM
I highly highly doubt Gasol would leave the NBA lol. TBH no player that plays significant minutes would ever decide to leave the best league in the world hahah including the fact that he is in for a major payday. RAPTORS WILL SIGN HIM!

DIno Radja Did.
Petrovic was going to do so when he had the acident.
Sabonis did .
Navarro did .

Hawkeye15
05-01-2011, 05:14 PM
the question is

1 will they?

A small market team like Memphis can't afford to let him walk honestly. The Gay contract was ridiculous, the Conley one, eh, you can't compound those mistakes by letting Gasol walk. Good centers are so difficult to get. If you have the chance to hold onto one, you do it.

I think they will make it their #1 priority to get a deal done this summer for him. I hope Rubio commits quickly to the Wolves, and Kahn shifts a player around to throw a 5 year, $60 million deal at Gasol, maybe he would be convinced to join a fellow countrymen, but I highly doubt that happens. Besides, Memphis will match probably any offer given to Marc

phantasyyy
05-01-2011, 05:15 PM
DIno Radja Did.
Sabonis did .
Navarro did .

true true haha i guess i overlooked it but i just dont see him leaving the nba.. he will clearly be in demand with the lack of centres that are in the NBA and is likely to get overpaid haha idk he did play his college ball here so obviously his dream is to succeed and win in the NBA probably influenced from the amount of success that PAU has had.

Hellcrooner
05-01-2011, 05:16 PM
A small market team like Memphis can't afford to let him walk honestly. The Gay contract was ridiculous, the Conley one, eh, you can't compound those mistakes by letting Gasol walk. Good centers are so difficult to get. If you have the chance to hold onto one, you do it.

I think they will make it their #1 priority to get a deal done this summer for him. I hope Rubio commits quickly to the Wolves, and Kahn shifts a player around to throw a 5 year, $60 million deal at Gasol, maybe he would be convinced to join a fellow countrymen, but I highly doubt that happens. Besides, Memphis will match probably any offer given to Marc

beasley +flynn + 1st for Marc gason resignng rights.
Id love to make that happen.
Rubip+wes with a Love, Marc Frontcourt means playoffs right away

jockrider
05-01-2011, 05:16 PM
DIno Radja Did.
Sabonis did .
Navarro did .

who? who? and who???

well i've heard of petrovic

Hellcrooner
05-01-2011, 05:18 PM
true true haha i guess i overlooked it but i just dont see him leaving the nba.. he will clearly be in demand with the lack of centres that are in the NBA and is likely to get overpaid haha idk he did play his college ball here so obviously his dream is to succeed and win in the NBA probably influenced from the amount of success that PAU has had.

he played HS not college there.

then he signed for Barcelona first and Girona his last two eyars before going Nba.

phantasyyy
05-01-2011, 05:20 PM
beasley +flynn + 1st for Marc gason resignng rights.
Id love to make that happen.
Rubip+wes with a Love, Marc Frontcourt means playoffs right away

that trade would clearly not go thru lol they just reupped conley and gay no way theyd take back beasely and flyn ahha and to your other post. yea i guess i got my info wrong but damn lol idk if its just me or what but theres a 99% he stays in the NBA lol

KnicksR4Real
05-01-2011, 05:22 PM
I'd like him in a Knicks jersey along with the man below.

mzgrizz
05-01-2011, 05:57 PM
He takes a paycut to take his talents to south beach :pray:

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA He's a RFA

mzgrizz
05-01-2011, 06:01 PM

Wrong ! We have 2 contracts coming off with Jaric($7M) and Thabeet(~$4M I think). Shane most likely will not be re-signed although Memphis loves him and FINALLY he's acting like a Grizzly again.

latinofire21
05-01-2011, 06:17 PM
LOL my post is overlooked. Just because memphis doesnt want to lose Gasol doesnt mean he wont be gone. Financially they just cant do it.

Kevj77
05-01-2011, 06:23 PM

He has one ace on his pocket , rfa only works for Nba he can sign a recored breaker Deal in Europe if he does not want to resign.Why would he want to leave though. Marc and Zach look like one hell of a promising young frontcourt. They just took homecourt from OKC if they get to the WCF why wouldn't he want to stay? To get more touches on a worse team or play in Europe?

I don't see it and Memphis can't afford to let him walk they will extent him or match any offer he gets. I haven't heard anything about him being unhappy, do you have a link to anywhere he made a comment like that?

Punk
05-01-2011, 06:30 PM
10-12 million. He deserves it.

dtmagnet
05-01-2011, 06:45 PM
As much as Hellcrooner wants him to leave the Grizzlies for some reason, they did not lock up all those other players only to lose their most important piece. They will match any offer or even just make him an offer that he agrees to. As an RFA he has no power to force a trade, if he wants to leave to go to Europe that's his business but it would be a pretty dumb move. If he wanted to play in Europe for his career he wouldn't have come to the NBA in the first place.

iggypop123
05-01-2011, 06:49 PM
memphis will just wait it out and match

Hawkeye15
05-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Wolves trade the #1 pick and Beasley for Gasol, who signs an extension.
Wolves trade Webster and Flynn to Portland for Rudy Fernandez
Wolves trade Ridnour to Toronto for Calderon
Wolves sign Rubio

Rubio/Calderon
Wesley/Fernandez
D. Williams/Ellington
Love/Randolph
Gasol/Milicic

Crooner does this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwlSWLHd_KI

Just kidding buddy. Trust me, I would LOVE for the Wolves to get Marc. But its about a 0.5% chance.

Jewelz0376
05-01-2011, 07:11 PM
He's not worth max...but considering he's a C (not too many good Cs in the league) and he's young..i think he'll get in the 10-12 range...

They are going to be way over luxury tax though I would think just off the top of my head they signed conley to a big extension, then gave Gay a max or close to it (can't remember), then Zbo just got his huge extension...Wow that's a ton of money locked into 4 players if they resign Gasol...

Hellcrooner
05-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Wolves trade the #1 pick and Beasley for Gasol, who signs an extension.
Wolves trade Webster and Flynn to Portland for Rudy Fernandez
Wolves trade Ridnour to Toronto for Calderon
Wolves sign Rubio

Rubio/Calderon
Wesley/Fernandez
D. Williams/Ellington
Love/Randolph
Gasol/Milicic

Crooner does this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnWf1sQkjY

Just kidding buddy. Trust me, I would LOVE for the Wolves to get Marc. But its about a 0.5% chance.

you forgot to trade love for Pau

and make the trades differently so you also get Lull Rights from rockets, Claver rights from Portland Orlando rights from Vazquez , then proceed to draft Rabaseda,Aguilar and Mirotic, and made yet one more trade for ibabka.
Final move convince Navarro to leave barcelona and sergio to leav emadrid and pay the buyouts .

Rubio/calderon/sergio Rodriguez
Lull/Navarro/rabaseda
Rudy/Claver/Aguilar
Pau Gasol / fran vazquez/mirotic
Marc Gasol / ibaka

there you go :p Los Lobos de Minnessotta.....
they woudl actually make it to playoffs :speechless:

Hawkeye15
05-01-2011, 07:15 PM
I can't root for a team that employs both the werewolf brothers...

Hawkeye15
05-01-2011, 07:16 PM
and then Crooner rents an apartment on 1st Avenue across the street from the Target Center...

Hellcrooner
05-01-2011, 07:27 PM
and then Crooner rents an apartment on 1st Avenue across the street from the Target Center...

nah, id be COACHING that team. :p

Jewelz0376
05-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Wow maybe Marc should get a max contract lol I just noticed that Collison on the Thunder makes 13 mil :speechless:

Raph12
05-01-2011, 08:27 PM
3rd best center in the league atm IMHO (Dwight & Bynum healthy)...

MrfadeawayJB
05-01-2011, 09:36 PM
pretty sure we could afford him:

Contracts for next season:
Z-BO- $~17 mil
Gay- $15 mil
Conley- $6.5 mil
Mayo- $5.6 mil
Allen-$3 mil
X. Henry-$2 mil
Arthur- $2 mil
Vasquez- $1 mil
Young- $947k
Ish Smith- $788k
Hadaddi- $2 mil (Qualifying offer)

Jaric and Shane = $14 mil off books

= $53 mil. in committed salaries, $55 if Haddadi gets QO

If OJ is traded, which i expect, most likely for draft picks/young cheap talent, that means we would have $48 to $50 mil committed

waveycrockett
05-01-2011, 09:41 PM
He's going to get the max. Easily. I dunno if that means he stays with Memphis but someone will give him the max. Grizzlies have yet to prove how far they are willing to go to field a contender. Will they be willing to field 2 max contract guys plus big money to Z-Bo, Conley? This is the same org who just tried to low-ball their first round pick.

waveycrockett
05-01-2011, 09:47 PM
3rd best center in the league atm IMHO (Dwight & Bynum healthy)...

Bynum has a long way to go before being considered second best. The guy always plays just half a season and puts up decent numbers that doesn't make him the best. I'd easily take D12, Gasol, Lopez over him.

Raph12
05-02-2011, 01:32 AM
Bynum has a long way to go before being considered second best. The guy always plays just half a season and puts up decent numbers that doesn't make him the best. I'd easily take D12, Gasol, Lopez over him.

Of all centers, Bynum has the 2nd best back-to-the-basket game (Dwight), great defensive presence and a terrific rebounder... That's the trifecta for center criteria.

PS: Keep in mind he plays less than 30mpg and as the 4th option (behind Kobe, Pau and Odom), he's a special talent, just needs the room to allow his game to grow (and to stop getting injured).

John Walls Era
05-02-2011, 02:27 AM
I think 12 Million wouldn't be that far fetch. Hes really good and can possibly be a top 5 C (if not one already).

what54!?
05-02-2011, 02:33 AM
well he's a good young center and the nba doesn't have many of those these days......some team is gonna offer him a max. 10-12 million is what he should get though IMO

nolin
05-02-2011, 03:34 AM
10 mil sounds about right

JordansBulls
05-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Discuss

10 seems to be the normal.

midwestmadman
05-02-2011, 01:24 PM
I would think a 4 to 5 year deal worth 45-55 sounds legit to me, I say this because the pool for a good C is shallow, and other teams might drive this number up. If no teams had interest and he got what he was worth I'd say 7-9M range would be accurate for his numbers and current abilities, but he will get more based on demand for a true C who can play.