PDA

View Full Version : Do You Think Blazers Will Resign Oden?

JNA17
04-30-2011, 04:50 PM
Simple question. Yes or No, WITH A POLL! :speechless:

smith&wesson
04-30-2011, 04:55 PM
depends on what other teams offer him. if they can resign him for cheap then i can see them doing it. but if someone offers him a mid level or somthing i dont think they would match.

i dont know if i should vote yes or no.

hotpotato1092
04-30-2011, 04:56 PM
No, I think he needs a fresh start and they recognize that.

JNA17
04-30-2011, 05:02 PM
depends on what other teams offer him. if they can resign him for cheap then i can see them doing it. but if someone offers him a mid level or somthing i dont think they would match.

i dont know if i should vote yes or no.

Interesting. Do you think a contending team would take a chance and offer him a mid-level?

koreancabbage
04-30-2011, 05:04 PM
they need to stop putting money/banking on red-flagged players like they putting tokens in a slot machine.

Oden has had a horrible past with the Blazers, you need to cut ties.

Sadds The Gr8
04-30-2011, 05:05 PM
i could see them taking the risk...it's not like they have anyone good at C. Camby is old now and will retire soon.

MrfadeawayJB
04-30-2011, 05:05 PM
i can see a contender like miami throwing out the mid level at him

phoenix_bladen
05-01-2011, 01:36 AM
i think portland will resign him

they invested so much into him already they might as well go all in with this.

there isn't much to lose if they resign him and he doesn't work out so be it but you don't just let him walk ..... if he revives his career with another team it would come back to bite them in the ***

ChiSox219
05-01-2011, 01:43 AM
If someone offers the mid-level, even for 5 years, and Oden signs the offer sheet...I think the Blazers would be absolutely thrilled to match.

I find it hard to imagine a scenario where Oden isn't under contract with the Blazers next year.

llemon
05-01-2011, 01:56 AM
For Oden to become Portland's RFA, the have to make him a QO.

Oden's QO for next season is $8.788 mil.

FriedTofuz
05-01-2011, 02:28 AM
I say yes. Oden hasnt lived up to his hype, soley because he hasnt been healthy. When he was healthy, he was beasting. he was putting up 13 pts, 9 rebs. and 3 blks in 25 MIN! . Thats crazy numbers. I think for the blazers future, they should resign him cheap as they can. In the long run, his contract will be a good one. camby is getting old and will likely retire soon. If not, there should be 28 teams in the nba looking for a center.

Phenomenonsense
05-01-2011, 02:46 AM
Oden won't be back to himself, or back at all if he comes back too early, until mid season 2012-2013 season. That's putting a lot of trust in that guy holding out. I would, personally, sign him on to work with kander for 1-2 million a year to get better for the first two years, then have a pay increase or player option to renegotiate the contract and bank on him getting better and being loyal to the franchise that healed him. Very big risk, very big reward.

Hellcrooner
05-01-2011, 02:57 AM
deppends on Oden being a good person or Oden being a selfish Prick.

If Oden is a good person ( wich i think he probably is by the way he looks when in public)
will understand that he has been paid a ton of money for nothing.
He will then resing a short ( 2 or 3 year) very small contract to see if he finally gets healthy and pays back to teh team for the time lost.

If he is a selfish prick im sure some gm out there will present him a monstruous offer because they want to take a gamble on him.
in this case Portlanddo should NEVER match the offer.

Law25
05-01-2011, 03:11 AM
He's goin to New York with Stat, Melo, and Mr.Big Shot. He will be for the first time injuy free and New York will lose to the Lakers in the finals in seven games with the last one being an blow out. Kobe and Pau will for the first time be co mvps. Kobe will than retire the greatest Laker ever and my number one player of all time, and Pau and Bynum will be the new twins towers and have glorious battles with the Knicks for years to come......... a man can dream right?

ChiSox219
05-01-2011, 03:11 AM
deppends on Oden being a good person or Oden being a selfish Prick.

If Oden is a good person ( wich i think he probably is by the way he looks when in public)
will understand that he has been paid a ton of money for nothing.
He will then resing a short ( 2 or 3 year) very small contract to see if he finally gets healthy and pays back to teh team for the time lost.

If he is a selfish prick im sure some gm out there will present him a monstruous offer because they want to take a gamble on him.
in this case Portlanddo should NEVER match the offer.

Oden has dedicated his entire life to basketball, he should seek financial security especially given his barrage of injuries. A hometown discount is fine but take a small $, short term contract is just plain stupid.

LakersMaster24
05-01-2011, 03:13 AM
I dont know what they do, but I wouldnt. Too much bad history, and too expensive.

JoeDirt05
05-01-2011, 03:17 AM
Greg Oden, the oft-injured center, is set to become a free agent in July and the Blazers are expected to tender the $8.8 million qualifying offer by June 30, which would allow the team to match any offer sheet.

Oden told John Canzano of The Oregonian that his next contract isn't about the Blazers, but himself.

"The way I look at it," he said, "is that it's not their move. It's my move. Everyone says it's their move. I think it's my move."

According to Canzano, he's hearing whispers that the Blazers may offer Oden a contract for about four years $40 million.

"If you know Oden is a 1-in-20 shot to come back and be a factor, you have to take it. Because not signing him, you have a 0-in-20 shot of being there if he does," an Eastern Conference executive said about offering Oden a long-term contract. "Still, $40 mil makes you think."

FriedTofuz
05-01-2011, 03:22 AM
Greg Oden, the oft-injured center, is set to become a free agent in July and the Blazers are expected to tender the $8.8 million qualifying offer by June 30, which would allow the team to match any offer sheet.

Oden told John Canzano of The Oregonian that his next contract isn't about the Blazers, but himself.

"The way I look at it," he said, "is that it's not their move. It's my move. Everyone says it's their move. I think it's my move."

According to Canzano, he's hearing whispers that the Blazers may offer Oden a contract for about four years $40 million.

"If you know Oden is a 1-in-20 shot to come back and be a factor, you have to take it. Because not signing him, you have a 0-in-20 shot of being there if he does," an Eastern Conference executive said about offering Oden a long-term contract. "Still, $40 mil makes you think."

That seems like a big risk for someone who has barely played in the nba. However, it can be worth it. Oden can elevate his game to a be a dominant center in this leage. he can put up 20/12 and block 3 shots. Hopefully, works out for oden and the blazers.

JoeDirt05
05-01-2011, 03:27 AM
That seems like a big risk for someone who has barely played in the nba. However, it can be worth it. Oden can elevate his game to a be a dominant center in this leage. he can put up 20/12 and block 3 shots. Hopefully, works out for oden and the blazers.

when he was playing he was playing really well with the exception of the constant fouling lol

abe_froman
05-01-2011, 03:28 AM
should they? no.will they? yes.

they're so afraid of the prospect that he might be healthy and blow up for someone else,they'll keep throwing money at him hell or high water.its like por cant get enough of him/injuries screwing over their franchise

210Don
05-01-2011, 03:30 AM
hed look great alongside timmy.....
make it happen pop

eugene
05-01-2011, 03:31 AM
he will resign, you will see :)

JNA17
05-01-2011, 03:35 AM

That's outrageous! He would get paid $10 mill a year for the next four years based purely on potential when he has hardly played since he has been drafted.

I understand his "potential" of making an impact on the Blazers and imo they should possibly resign him for cheep but this kind of money should be earned. Marc Gasol has been very efficient for the Grizzlies and he might not even get paid that much on a four year contract.

jzero
05-01-2011, 08:34 AM
i think its either a long term mid level or a short term high level contract
i don't see him outside of blazers and i wouldn't risk him on the heat
maybe on a team looking to crack the playoffs? kings?

Hellcrooner
05-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Oden has dedicated his entire life to basketball, he should seek financial security especially given his barrage of injuries. A hometown discount is fine but take a small $, short term contract is just plain stupid.

what has he done on his rookie contract 8 or 9 million dollars AFTER TAXES?

you and i and 99% of psd wont ever see that money togheter in oour lives.

If he is a decent person he should do what i told.

RedRicanoBx
05-01-2011, 03:28 PM
hopefully the knicks can scoop him up at MLE

Gators123
05-01-2011, 03:34 PM
I want the Pistons to get him, I think Kander could really help him. Even T-Mac played over 70 games this year :laugh2: he would've played even more if it wasn't for Kuester randomly taking him out of the rotation.

KnicksorBust
05-01-2011, 04:24 PM
should they? no.will they? yes.

they're so afraid of the prospect that he might be healthy and blow up for someone else,they'll keep throwing money at him hell or high water.its like por cant get enough of him/injuries screwing over their franchise

I agree.

In today's NBA, centers are at a premium and he's a #1 overall pick. You can't let him walk.

tmacsc2
05-01-2011, 04:45 PM
i herd they are going to offer 1 year for 8 million

tmacsc2
05-01-2011, 04:48 PM

That guy is a moron! I live in Vancouver, bout 10 miles north of Portland OR, I listen to him after every blazers game on the news, He is so stupid he makes me more stupid by just listening to him!

JordansBulls
05-02-2011, 08:48 AM
Simple question. Yes or No, WITH A POLL! :speechless:

What else are they going to do?