PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James as quitter? 'That's corny'

Purple&Gold24
04-30-2011, 04:35 PM
MIAMI -- LeBron James has an answer for those who felt he gave less than full effort in last year's playoffs against the Boston Celtics: "That's corny."

Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert said he felt his former star quit against the Celtics in the second round of the playoffs last season. James played poorly in several games during the series and especially drew criticism for his play in Game 5 when the Cavs lost at home by 32 points with the series tied 2-2.

"He quit," Gilbert said after James signed with the Miami Heat last summer. "Not just in Game 5, but in Games 2, 4 and 6. Watch the tape. The Boston series was unlike anything in the history of sports for a superstar."

Asked about that sentiment Saturday on the eve of his third series against the Celtics in the past four years, James was dismissive.

"That's corny," James said. "I don't understand that type of stuff."

Though the Heat-Celtics series, which starts Sunday at 3:30 p.m. ET on ABC, features seven current All-Stars and is laden with numerous future Hall of Famers, many are looking at it as a redemption chance for James. He lost to Boston in the second round in seven games in 2008 with the Cavs despite a 45-point effort in Game 7.

Last season James averaged 27 points, nine rebounds and seven assists when the top-seeded Cavs lost to the fourth-seeded Celtics in six games. In the three consecutive losses to close out the series, James was just 18-of-53 shooting with 19 turnovers. He was fighting an elbow injury at the time but declined to blame his performance on it.

After those defeats, James said this series with the Celtics had become personal.

"It is personal," James said. "You don't want to keep getting beat by the same team; the same team sending you home to plan vacations."

Though he often relies on film work as part of his normal preparation, James said he has not watched the games from last season's playoffs against the Celtics. Instead, he has focused on the four games against Boston this season. And he planned to spend a large part of Saturday studying the film, looking for any edge.

"They play me the same way every time, they try to put two on the ball and force me to take jump shots," James said. "It has been the same way for the last three years."

The Celtics expected him to say nothing less.

"It would be personal for me," Boston forward Paul Pierce said. "I'm sure he's going to take it personal and you've got to expect his best."

Unwittingly or not, the Celtics played a huge role in setting up an offseason unlike any other in NBA history. Boston gave James a big push toward Miami for a strength-in-numbers approach with the Heat that wasn't possible during the two-time MVP's stint with the Cavaliers.

Collectively, James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh figure to rate a better chance, and that theory is about to get put to the real test. They left a combined $51 million on the bargaining table last summer, and victory in this best-of-seven series may make that money seem exceptionally well-spent.

"I think you've got two really good teams, two teams with a lot of will, two teams with a lot of pride," Celtics general manager Danny Ainge said. "And I think it's going to be a great series."

The Celtics have 17 NBA championship banners, and there's at least that many story lines for this matchup.

Boston's Shaquille O'Neal wants to come back from injury for this series, as does Udonis Haslem for Miami. The Heat know they need to find ways of getting Wade going against the Celtics, which didn't happen in the regular season. Boston wants to exploit what it figures to be a significant edge at point guard with Rajon Rondo over the duo of Mike Bibby and Mario Chalmers.

And there's that small matter of the teams just plain not liking one another.

"Playoffs is a new season," Boston forward Kevin Garnett said. "New situations, new scenarios. So everything we've done up to this point is just history."

In Miami's case, the history is not good.

Not only did Boston oust both Wade (in the first round) and James (in the second round) from last year's playoffs, but the Celtics have won 18 of their last 21 meetings overall against Miami -- even after the Heat rolled to a 100-77 win at home on April 10, the lone time they knocked off the defending East kings in four matchups this season.

The dominance has extended into the playoffs, too.

Of the 15 players on Miami's roster, nine have been ousted from past postseasons by the Celtics, with James and Zydrunas Ilgauskas enduring that fate in both 2008 and 2010 with the Cavaliers. Only one player -- James Jones, a reserve with Indiana in 2005 -- knows how it feels to beat the NBA's all-time championship leaders in a playoff series.

"I look forward to the challenge," Wade said. "I know I haven't played well against this team. That's no secret."

In Boston's eyes, Miami's hopes may not be pinned on Wade or James. The Celtics say the key may be Bosh.

Sometimes the forgotten man in the series of megadeals that reshaped the Heat last summer, Bosh had three double-doubles in five games against Philadelphia in the opening round. When he gets to at least 10 points and 10 rebounds, the Heat win at a 77 percent clip (24-7).

"LeBron and Wade are LeBron and Wade," Celtics coach Doc Rivers said. "They're going to be great. They were great before the series, they'll be great during it and they'll be great after and this summer when you're talking about it, you'll say 'LeBron and Wade are great players.' That's not going to change. But when Bosh plays great, then their team is great. And so, he's a key guy for them."

Boston hasn't played for a week since sweeping the New York Knicks out of the first round, and the Heat had slow starts in all five games of their series against Philadelphia.

"We've prepared a long time for this," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said. "It's time to toss the ball up in the air."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=6455933

hotpotato1092
04-30-2011, 04:43 PM
As long as this thread is open I'll give my say. We all watched those games, he quit. It's that simple. I thought it then, I thought it on July 9th, and I think it now.

Hawkeye15
04-30-2011, 04:44 PM
i'm surprised SteBo hasn't closed this thread he's very sensitive about his lebron

This thread was created with the intent to create discussion, with a link and text only, which is why its a worthy of staying open.

Creating threads with your personal opinion is seen as baiting if its stated certain ways.

Big difference. You have no idea how immature its been in the NBA forums the past year. A post like yours doesn't help in that matter.

Jonathan2323
04-30-2011, 04:48 PM
I don't know how you can say he quit. So if other star players play bad does that mean they quit? He took that team as far as they could go IMO.

hotpotato1092
04-30-2011, 04:55 PM
I don't know how you can say he quit. So if other star players play bad does that mean they quit? He took that team as far as they could go IMO.

It's not a matter of stats or how well he played. You could just tell by watching. His body language looked almost disinterested at times, he did way more jogging than any star player should ever do, and in the fourth quarter he seemed to put in little effort towards a comeback, taking his time with the ball and standing still for 10-15 seconds at a time when the clock was an issue (in fact I remember one of the announcers chastising him for it).

zo#33
04-30-2011, 04:59 PM
I dont think he quit but it was during that series he found out about his mom and Delonte, I think? That could affect his play.

ManRam
04-30-2011, 05:05 PM
I think it's corny too :shrug:

Purple&Gold24
04-30-2011, 05:07 PM
This thread was created with the intent to create discussion, with a link and text only, which is why its a worthy of staying open.

Creating threads with your personal opinion is seen as baiting if its stated certain ways.

Big difference. You have no idea how immature its been in the NBA forums the past year. A post like yours doesn't help in that matter.

Yeah I was just sharing with you guys. No baiting or anything.

Iodine
Hating on LeBron got old when DeShawn stopped.

MrfadeawayJB
he had a messed up shoulder too....he knew it was over once the game got out of hand, but anybody would do that

Sadds The Gr8
04-30-2011, 05:08 PM
He did quit. Just like Rupaul.

COOLbeans
04-30-2011, 05:08 PM
I dont think he quit but it was during that series he found out about his mom and Delonte, I think? That could affect his play.

lol :D

Jewelz0376
04-30-2011, 05:10 PM
It's not a matter of stats or how well he played. You could just tell by watching. His body language looked almost disinterested at times, he did way more jogging than any star player should ever do, and in the fourth quarter he seemed to put in little effort towards a comeback, taking his time with the ball and standing still for 10-15 seconds at a time when the clock was an issue (in fact I remember one of the announcers chastising him for it).

This

Imo he quit...he obviously didn't give a dam ne more...who knows why he acted like he did

But this has been talked about many times before...and it usually ends up with one side saying he quit and lebron fans saying he didn't... or its "corny" as lbj put it

COOLbeans
04-30-2011, 05:12 PM
he quit. and everybody knows it. but hes still quite possibly the most talented basketball player on the planet.

Mrphilly
04-30-2011, 05:14 PM
Its so funny that the guy accusing him of quitting, was *****ing and crying when the quitter didnt return to Cleveland.

Shouldnt you be happy to get rid of a player that doesnt give his all??? Never listen to a scorn woman(Dan Gilbert), they will say anything!!!!

Bottom line is that, the Cavs were inferior to the Celtics. The entire team looked bad.

Purple&Gold24
04-30-2011, 05:16 PM
Nobody is ever going know what truly went happened :shrug:

Eightyfive Y'aw
04-30-2011, 05:16 PM
See that's just it I watched the BOS series too as a LeBron fan(!) and was mortified at his play or overall lack of desire to win. It was if he was saying goodbye to Cleveland early. Giving up on his team even I dare say hurting them at times. He was at best distracted. As much as people try to ignore the fact those CLE teams were good enuff to win it all and won as much as MIA did this year. He played without heart not like the Finals against BOS where Kobe just played poorly LBJ checked out completely.

Cant wait to see what happens! The NBA its FANtastic!

pd1dish
04-30-2011, 05:18 PM
well, i was watching the boston vs. cavs series at a friends house and it was all cavs fans except for me and the first thing i said when they lost the last game of that series was that lebron quit. even then when lebron was still the savior for cleveland, my friends and i all thought he gave up on that series.

then, he starts giving high fives to boston fans. lol, when was the last time you saw a serious superstar who cares about winning giving the opposing teams fans high fives after a crucial loss. i dont think i remember film of Jordan giving Pistons fans high fives or Kobe high fiving fans after they lost to Boston. lebrons a joke

COOLbeans
04-30-2011, 05:20 PM
See that's just it I watched the BOS series too as a LeBron fan(!) and was mortified at his play or overall lack of desire to win. It was if he was saying goodbye to Cleveland early. Giving up on his team even I dare say hurting them at times. He was at best distracted. As much as people try to ignore the fact those CLE teams were good enuff to win it all and won as much as MIA did this year. He played without heart not like the Finals against BOS where Kobe just played poorly LBJ checked out completely.

Cant wait to see what happens! The NBA its FANtastic!

this is the sole reason why i dont know why Mike Brown is considered a good coach. he squandered his opportunity in Cleveland imo. and so did the Lebron.

nickdymez
04-30-2011, 05:23 PM
I just love how heat fans will defend Lebron until their dying day. He hasnt done anything for that team yet, but some have said they would trade Wade before him. Wade. The man that bought that city a championship and played pretty much the best two rounds of basketball Ive seen in a long while.

On topic, Lebron did quit in that series. I like How stat hounds mention what his stats were to try to dismiss this argument. Like i say, goes to show they dont watch games. He was completely out of it. He didnt attack in the fourth quarter at all.. He played with no sense of urgency what so ever. After the game, he just walked off like he knew he was going to Miami so it didnt matter. Kobe quit too, i know people like to bring that up. As a matter of fact Kobe has quit a couple times to try to prove some dumb *** point.

SteBO
04-30-2011, 05:24 PM
LeBron got a triple-double in that game 6. I'm not one to look into body language, since I think that's foolishness, but he didn't look like he cared that much, meaning he didn't look like the MVP that dominated the Bulls in the previous round. Credit goes to BOS defense, and maybe there was more to that elbow injury than we thought. Still, to think that he got 27 points, 19 rebounds, and 10 assists, while not trying is a scary thought. The 9 turnovers were the turnoff.

nickdymez
04-30-2011, 05:27 PM
LeBron got a triple-double in that game 6. I'm not one to look into body language, since I think that's foolishness, but he didn't look like he cared that much, meaning he didn't look like the MVP that dominated the Bulls in the previous round. Credit goes to BOS defense, and maybe there was more to that elbow injury than we thought. Still, to think that he got 27 points, 19 rebounds, and 10 assists, while not trying is a scary thought. The 9 turnovers were the turnoff.

What was his fourth quarter stats

SteBO
04-30-2011, 05:28 PM
What was his fourth quarter stats
I think most of his points were the fourth. I'll look it up and post it.

hugepatsfan
04-30-2011, 05:29 PM
I watched game 6 and Lebron clearly didn't care about whether that team lost or won. He didn't necesarily "quit" but he just didn't care. You could obviously see it.

SteBO
04-30-2011, 05:33 PM
LeBron had 9 pts, 6 reb, 2 assists, and 2 turnovers, on 2/4 shooting in the fourth quarter.

hgtiger32
04-30-2011, 05:37 PM
You can say what you want about whether LeBron quit or not, but I can guarantee that Kobe wouldn't have gone down the way LeBron did.

sammid21
04-30-2011, 05:41 PM
I'm sure all these heat fans that are backing lebron would say he quit last year if he wasn't on the heat now. Blind sheep, instead of living in reality

I wanted the cavs to beat the celtics last year and was looking in disappointment when I saw how lebron was playing. At the first sign of his play, I knew he quit and played his last game for the cavs. Very disappointed at a superstar that could've been the GOAT. That style of play took him out of the convo as the GOAT.

xxcubs22xx
04-30-2011, 05:41 PM
He clearly quit. Anybody with a pair of eyes should know this.

SteBO
04-30-2011, 05:46 PM
I'm sure all these heat fans that are backing lebron would say he quit last year if he wasn't on the heat now. Blind sheep, instead of living in reality

I wanted the cavs to beat the celtics last year and was looking in disappointment when I saw how lebron was playing. At the first sign of his play, I knew he quit and played his last game for the cavs. Very disappointed at a superstar that could've been the GOAT. That style of play took him out of the convo as the GOAT.

He clearly quit. Anybody with a pair of eyes should know this.
I'm 50-50 on "he quit". I see where you get it from though, if you're basing it on body language and the 9 turnovers (I posted his fourth quarter stats in that Game 6 in my last post) It's not like he was horrible, but he looked disinterested and disengaged. I just find it funny how none of you even the consider the fact that maybe LeBron just didn't play that well, not involving the body language aspect :shrug: His Game 5 performance was way more pathetic. He looked way worse in that one.

shizzle09
04-30-2011, 05:48 PM
As long as this thread is open I'll give my say. We all watched those games, he quit. It's that simple. I thought it then, I thought it on July 9th, and I think it now.

yep, because people always get triple doubles when they quit. Good call. Always laugh at people calling him a quitter.

Game 1: 35 points, 7 reb, 7 assists, 3 steals 2 blocks
Game 2: 24 points, 7 reb, 4 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks
Game 3: 38 points, 8 reb, 7 assists, 1 steal, 2 blocks
Game 4: 22 points, 9 reb, 8 assists, 2 steals, 1 block
Game 5: 15 points, 6 reb, 7 assists, 1 steal, 0 blocks
Game 6: 27 points, 19reb, 10assists, 3 steals, 1 block

Any other superstar put those numbers up they are called great. You guys and your hate for Lebron is outta control.

SteBO
04-30-2011, 05:51 PM
yep, because people always get triple doubles when they quit. Good call. Always laugh at people calling him a quitter.

Any other superstar put those numbers up they are called great. You guys and your hate for Lebron is outta control.
They will always leave this out.

eugene
04-30-2011, 05:51 PM
what's the reason of him quitting?

jonline87
04-30-2011, 05:55 PM
The only thing that's corny is the chunks in my ****. Lebron is a quitter.

Hustlenomics
04-30-2011, 05:55 PM
he didn't quit, the Celtics defense was just too good

shizzle09
04-30-2011, 05:56 PM
They will always leave this out.

always, its simply amazing.

jonline87
04-30-2011, 05:56 PM

0 Blocks? Looks like a quitter to me.

jockrider
04-30-2011, 05:57 PM
not the whole game but sometime near the end of the 4th Q it seemed like he was like "the hell with it"

it wasn't really only him mo williams did to i mean look a this ****
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTT-haMzPsk&feature=related

the whole team was basically like **** it.

shizzle09
04-30-2011, 06:06 PM
not the whole game but sometime near the end of the 4th Q it seemed like he was like "the hell with it"

it wasn't really only him mo williams did to i mean look a this ****
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTT-haMzPsk&feature=related

the whole team was basically like **** it.

Yeah, they weren't exactly trying to score there down 9 but that doesnt tell me Lebron is a "quitter" they didnt even try and get it to him even though Lebron was trying to get open. I just dont buy calling him a quitter simply because a better team outplayed him.

phantasyyy
04-30-2011, 06:22 PM
LBJ QUIT lol idk how this is even a discussion lol sure he put up great numbers but being the talented player he is he kinda just got them based on pure talent not effort haha clearly the delonte thing was bothering him or something..

Rego247
04-30-2011, 06:41 PM
He did quit. Just like Rupaul.

Rupaul loves quitting. we'll see if KG punks him like usual.

mdm692
04-30-2011, 06:42 PM
he had a messed up shoulder too....he knew it was over once the game got out of hand, but anybody would do that

injuries shouldnt be an excuse. Jordan played with flu, kobe with messed up ankle, nash with one eye 100% closed and all led their teams to victories

mdm692
04-30-2011, 06:50 PM

those are sorry numbers considerin the freak of nature he is he should be averagin 35ppg 12rpg 10apg 2bpg and 2spg

Might seem a little too much but its possible and also most of those stats were accumulated from qtrs 1-3 then in the 4th when it mattered he folded and quitted

Chi StateOfMind
04-30-2011, 06:51 PM
No one will ever know and who cares. The man had a whack team the fact that he got that far is insane. Put yourself in his shoes I know if i had team that sucked and I carried them year after year to keep getting eliminated i'd be annoyed and ready to move on.

naps
04-30-2011, 06:52 PM

Haters will hate. They actually hate the KING because he didn't choose their miserable franchises. The greatest player on the planet did everything possible by a single player in that series. They lost because his teammates were miserable.

D Roses Bulls
04-30-2011, 06:59 PM
I know people like stebo wasn't on this site, at the time, but now most of the miami fan base commenting on this thread said he didn't quit? :eyebrow: you guys used this to you're defense last year to say why wade was better and now you're defending it. I really don't get some of you guys. last year, you guys castrated the man as much as I did and now it's a different story. boy what a change of uniform does to people. I guess.......

to be on subject though...... I know towards the end of game 6, he just flat out quit. anyone could see that by the way he walked down court or took off plays and how well he managed the clock. maybe quit is the wrong word, but he didn't care, that's for sure.

jockrider
04-30-2011, 07:02 PM
I know people like stebo wasn't on this site, at the time, but now most of the miami fan base commenting on this thread said he didn't quit? :eyebrow: you guys used this to you're defense last year to say why wade was better and now you're defending it. I really don't get some of you guys. last year, you guys castrated the man as much as I did and now it's a different story. boy what a change of uniform does to people. I guess.......

to be on subject though...... I know towards the end of game 6, he just flat out quit. anyone could see that by the way he walked down court or took off plays and how well he managed the clock. maybe quit is the wrong word, but he didn't care, that's for sure.

umm tell me why would a fanbase talk smack about a superstar that plays on their team? that's absurd.

ldawg
04-30-2011, 07:05 PM
he did not really quit but there where some parts during the game when he was to step up as their leader and be the go to guy but he kept passing the ball to Mo Williams and step back like he did not want the ball. When he did that i turn to my friend duing the game in disbelief of what i was seeing. At the time I said That right there is the difference between great players like MJ and Kobe to a player so gifted like Lebron. At the time he did not display the thing call it. After seeing him play in Miami it made sense, he is not that good closing big big games because he was limited to driving to the lane. Boston d took that option away to easy and made him a jump shooter he did not force the issue like Mj and Kobe does. Some call it ball hog and others call it relentless.

naps
04-30-2011, 07:08 PM
Haha...get over people. Fans of one specific franchise are the ones seem to lead the LeBron hate parade always. I guess why....oh yea, July 8th--The death of their dream.

Teeboy1487
04-30-2011, 07:12 PM
He did quit in my opinion. Lebron dialed out that series in Game 4. I'm pretty objective. I fully realize Kobe quit in 06 versus the suns. I'm not a homer and I'm not blind. From what I saw, Lebron did indeed not only quit on his team but the whole entire cavaliers organization. Now, he has a chance to redeem him self versus the Celtics. Lets see what he can do this time. Hopefully, for his sake, he does not quit this time.

D Roses Bulls
04-30-2011, 07:12 PM
umm tell me why would a fanbase talk smack about a superstar that plays on their team? that's absurd.

I talk crap about boozer and he's on my team. it shouldn't matter if he's on you're team or not. I find it hilarious and hypocritical

jockrider
04-30-2011, 07:19 PM
I talk crap about boozer and he's on my team. it shouldn't matter if he's on you're team or not. I find it hilarious and hypocritical

i said "superstar". if lebron went to the bulls every bulls fan in here would be protecting him that's how fans are. I mean if someone talk smack about rose wouldn't you do something? if you guys took beasley instead some of you guys might be talking smack about his SAT scores.

ldawg
04-30-2011, 07:31 PM
i said "superstar". if lebron went to the bulls every bulls fan in here would be protecting him that's how fans are. I mean if someone talk smack about rose wouldn't you do something? if you guys took beasley instead some of you guys might be talking smack about his SAT scores.Yes they would its natural. If you have a spoil kid or a bad spouse and someone said something bad about them you would be upset even though it is true right? it will take someone that is not bias.

ldawg
04-30-2011, 07:34 PM
I think Lebrons Play was a bit ? at times especially after his Mom and West thing. I think he lost trust in the team after that. He follwed that pointed alot of fingers after the loss but never that he accept at the time he failed at being the man closing games nore did he try to recruit players instead he said i may not be here.

John Walls Era
04-30-2011, 07:35 PM
Yeah he quit on the Cavs. Just like Bosh did on the Raptors. However they are both trying hard to win with the Heat. I can't fault them for wanting to find the best way to win multiple championships.

justinnum1
04-30-2011, 07:37 PM
some can call it quit, i think he came to the realization that he couldn't beat the celtics, and we saw defeat in him after game 2.

ldawg
04-30-2011, 07:42 PM
some can call it quit, i think he came to the realization that he couldn't beat the celtics, and we saw defeat in him after game 2.My friend that is a quiter someone who gave up. They quit. Cavs were very close just could not beat Celtics and may not have beating Laker either. They were One player away. They were be best team in the NBA and Celtics were old and washed up untill Cavs lost Then all of a sudden they were the worst team in the nba. Nothing is wrong with that but it is what it is.

Heater4life
04-30-2011, 07:45 PM
I dont think he quit as much as he started getting deflated. Quiting to me signifies just not caring and i think Lebron does care. But he definitely did not give it his all.

It happens. Dont think it will happen anymore though.

5ass
04-30-2011, 07:46 PM
My friend that is a quiter someone who gave up. They quit. Cavs were very close just could not beat Celtics and may not have beating Laker either. They were One player away he quit. Nothing is wrong with that but it is what it is.

he didnt quit, he just changed his ways ;)

effen5
04-30-2011, 07:50 PM
Haters will hate. They actually hate the KING because he didn't choose their miserable franchises. The greatest player on the planet did everything possible by a single player in that series. They lost because his teammates were miserable.

Cavs aren't really a miserable franchise, every team goes through a stretch where they are god awful, Cavs actually have a great NBA history...so to say its a miserable franchise where the so called "King" won them 60 games its beyond ********.

effen5
04-30-2011, 07:51 PM
and yes I think he quit....I don't care what his stats were, it was all about body language.

SwatTeam
04-30-2011, 07:51 PM
I find it hilarious when I come into these threads about Lebron and see certain fans from certain fan bases - cough, cough, Bulls, Knicks, cavs fans (those that still exist) - b*&^h and moan like a bunch of wh(*&s about Lebron. We got it, Lebron gave you the cleveland steamer last July, your still butt hurt about it. Thanks for your sob stories and input. As annoying as some Heat fans are, they are doing what you yourselves would be doing if he chose your team, and they would be on the other side criticizing him just as well if he didnt choose Miami. So whats the point? Realize this is the world you live in and accept it. If Lebron were to ask the Heat to be traded to either the Bulls or Knicks this summer, you skanks would put up your sigs with your team jersey on it (just like you did last summer) and sell yourselves to him just the same regardless of what he did last summer. You'll of course deny it and say you wouldn't, but once a skank always skank. Get that d**k out of your mouth.

Did Lebron quit? I guess, but who gives a rats @$$. That's why he has Wade now. Is he Jordan? No. Is he Kobe? No. He's Lebron James. A media whore to which the likes the world has never seen. A fitting king for the 24 hour news media for 24 hour news whores like me and you. This is the life we live in, this is the life you accept.

Lets Go Hawks!

ldawg
04-30-2011, 07:55 PM
Mj could have quit to not being able to get pass the Bad boys but instead he built one of the greatest legacies he became that wall no one could pass.

effen5
04-30-2011, 07:55 PM
I find it hilarious when I come into these threads about Lebron and see certain fans from certain fan bases - cough, cough, Bulls, Knicks, cavs fans (those that still exist) - b*&^h and moan like a bunch of wh(*&s about Lebron. We got it, Lebron gave you the cleveland steamer last July, your still butt hurt about it. Thanks for your sob stories and input. As annoying as some Heat fans are, they are doing what you yourselves would be doing if he chose your team, and they would be on the other side criticizing him just as well if he didnt choose Miami. So whats the point? Realize this is the world you live in and accept it. If Lebron were to ask the Heat to be traded to either the Bulls or Knicks this summer, you skanks would put up your sigs with your team jersey on it (just like you did last summer) and sell yourselves to him just the same regardless of what he did last summer. You'll of course deny it and say you wouldn't, but once a skank always skank. Get that d**k out of your mouth.

Did Lebron quit? I guess, but who gives a rats @$$. That's why he has Wade now. Is he Jordan? No. Is he Kobe? No. He's Lebron James. A media whore to which the likes the world has never seen. A fitting king for the 24 hour news media for 24 hour news whores like me and you. This is the life we live in, this is the life you accept.

Lets Go Hawks!

Too long didn't read :rolleyes:

ldawg
04-30-2011, 07:57 PM
but hey Miami>Ceavland state wise. The other reasons are all quit reasons why he left

DoMeFavors
04-30-2011, 08:01 PM
I guess Kobe quit last year in the finals, but the thing is he had teamates that helped get that victory. Who did LeBron have? His 2nd best player was Mo Williams.

SwatTeam
04-30-2011, 08:04 PM
Too long didn't read :rolleyes:

I understand reading can be very hard sometimes. Especially, when you have to read two paragraphs. I think they'll be making a movie on my post. It's going to star Denzel Washington as Lebron James with Andy Dick as Maverick Carter. The cast of glee will be playing the posters here on PSD. I think Michael Bay is set to direct so you can bet on lots of CGI and loud noises to keep you from going ADD.

tcav701
04-30-2011, 08:07 PM
i know people like stebo wasn't on this site, at the time, but now most of the miami fan base commenting on this thread said he didn't quit? :eyebrow: You guys used this to you're defense last year to say why wade was better and now you're defending it. I really don't get some of you guys. Last year, you guys castrated the man as much as i did and now it's a different story. Boy what a change of uniform does to people. I guess.......

To be on subject though...... I know towards the end of game 6, he just flat out quit. Anyone could see that by the way he walked down court or took off plays and how well he managed the clock. Maybe quit is the wrong word, but he didn't care, that's for sure.

bingo

Rosh
04-30-2011, 08:10 PM
I love it when prominent athletes use words incorrectly.

No wait, I don't.

DenButsu
04-30-2011, 08:11 PM
My biggest problem with this article is LeBron's misuse of the word "corny".

DenButsu
04-30-2011, 08:13 PM
I love it when prominent athletes use words incorrectly.

No wait, I don't.

Ha, you beat me to it. I don't know why, but his response had the same effect on my eyes as fingernails on a chalkboard does on the ears.

Rosh
04-30-2011, 08:23 PM
It's the same thing when DRose says he wants to play "grimy". I really want to believe he means "grindy", but he says "grimy".

He wants to play with filth all over his body. That's what he's telling me.

h2r09
04-30-2011, 08:23 PM
its funny how people "piece" together information after the fact. everyone in here is saying they knew he was leaving after those games, yet on july 8 people were thinking there is no way he leaves cleveland until the very moment.

people make **** up for the sake of their argument. can we stop with the word quit? he got frustrated because he was putting up ridiculous numbers and doing everything he could (like he had to do every night in cleveland) yet he was still getting killed.

he put up a monster triple double, he didnt quit.

sammid21
04-30-2011, 08:25 PM
I don't get how heat fans are. It's like their players can do no wrong. Like their family or something. Just be real and admit that lebron either quit or gave up on trying to beat the celtics. Great players try their hardest even if the game seems a little out of reach. lebron walked the ball up the court in the final minutes without urgency.

And yea his vocab needs a lot of work. "that's corny" does he even know what he meant? Or can heat fans enterpret it, since he can do or say no wrong?

sammid21
04-30-2011, 08:31 PM
its funny how people "piece" together information after the fact. everyone in here is saying they knew he was leaving after those games, yet on july 8 people were thinking there is no way he leaves cleveland until the very moment.

people make **** up for the sake of their argument. can we stop with the word quit? he got frustrated because he was putting up ridiculous numbers and doing everything he could (like he had to do every night in cleveland) yet he was still getting killed.

he put up a monster triple double, he didnt quit.

Yea but he didn't try to win the game in the final minutes because he knew they lost. Great players never give up that hope to win. In your statement, "he put a triple double" it's just stat filling, not desire to keep grinding and try and win the game. I would rather have a player have a lower stat line and try his hardest to win than a stat filler that accepts losing. But thats just me

Hawkeye15
04-30-2011, 08:38 PM
I do not want to turn this into a Kobe-LeBron debate. But here we go

Kobe, on 2 separate occasions in the playoffs, has reacted to Phil saying he shoots way too much, by being completely passive and not taking shots, at the expense of his team, to prove a point. How quickly we forget this

I simply don't remember the criticism of Kobe being as harsh as I have read for LeBron in game 5 of that series.

Again, this post is not to start that back and forth. But all of you need to make sure you don't sit back and crap on something you believe to be true, when Kobe, and a few other superstars, have done the EXACT same thing.

jockrider
04-30-2011, 08:39 PM
I don't get how heat fans are. It's like their players can do no wrong. Like their family or something. Just be real and admit that lebron either quit or gave up on trying to beat the celtics. Great players try their hardest even if the game seems a little out of reach. lebron walked the ball up the court in the final minutes without urgency.

And yea his vocab needs a lot of work. "that's corny" does he even know what he meant? Or can heat fans enterpret it, since he can do or say no wrong?

really? ok let me ask u a question

1. rose cheated on his SAT right?
2. rose doesn't deserve mvp because he's a inefficient chucker agree?

you wont admit that because you believe it's not true ( maybe the first hehe)pr you won't let yourself believe it.
but you're gonna stand behind him because your a fan of his that's what all fans do.

championships
04-30-2011, 08:49 PM
Lebron clearly didn't give it his all in game 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d-Mnfz6iB0

In game six yes he came to play because of the critizism he got. Around mid 4th, He just stop trying. He would get the ball and pass it back to Mo right away. Stopped going for rebounds and stopped driving the ball to the hole (What he is best at).

sammid21
04-30-2011, 08:55 PM
I've never commented on rose, but I'll answer you back jockrider

1. Yea he cheated on his SATs, it's not the right thing to do, but I have no opinion on that, just that he has kinda proven that he ain't a bad guy...yet, I won't defend him on cheating, if lebron had to go to college, he might have done the same thing and heat fans would defend him. I won't defend rose on that issue

2. He has to "be a chucker" or a least take many shots because if u watched bulls games, you'd see that the rest of the team is reluctant to shoot or can create their shot. Rose has no choice but to be a chucker. I hate it but because the resT of them can't do crap.

See Im a realist and i talk smack about the. Bulls players whenever they suck or act dumb. Boozer sucks and sometimes rose does dumb things at times too. I don't defend them like most heat fans defend their players

evadatam5150
04-30-2011, 09:11 PM

Odd I thought forums were a place to have open discussions using one's thought's and ideas concerning topics that are applicable to said forum.. If we don't use our personal opinions then who's opinions should we use..?? I think it's a fair and legitimate question...

That being said, my personal opinion is that Lebron did in fact quit at least in game 7.. Again, it's only my opinion.. James is certainly not at his best during high stakes situations.. Game winners during the regular season are far different than game winners and staying mentally tough through adversity during the playoffs and Finals..

Arguable points for sure, but then that's why they're called Forums.. :D

theheatles
04-30-2011, 09:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEwIIryhGr4

Grifftiggs
04-30-2011, 09:38 PM
Hmmmm wasnt this so last year. Is this a thread just so someone could start a thread, thread whore.

evadatam5150
04-30-2011, 09:38 PM

Your Point...???

TheRunKiller
04-30-2011, 09:42 PM

thats funny there isnt any highlights from the last minute of games

Chronz
04-30-2011, 09:47 PM
Swat team killed it with the last 2 posts. One thing I want to ask, since when do star players ever go all out til the bitter end?

Cp3 looked like he tanked it just the other night.

smiddy012
04-30-2011, 10:06 PM
Its called game film or actually having watching it... some people should go back and look at Lebrons demeanor vs the Bulls then later on vs the Celtics... he clearly refused to try to do it himself and be the man later on vs the Celts, I could go on and on about it, but thats the fact of the matter. I could tell he was leaving Cleveland by his poor demeanor during that series.

theheatles
04-30-2011, 10:08 PM
Your Point...???

haters hate, have fun

Hawkeye15
04-30-2011, 10:12 PM
Odd I thought forums were a place to have open discussions using one's thought's and ideas concerning topics that are applicable to said forum.. If we don't use our personal opinions then who's opinions should we use..?? I think it's a fair and legitimate question...

That being said, my personal opinion is that Lebron did in fact quit at least in game 7.. Again, it's only my opinion.. James is certainly not at his best during high stakes situations.. Game winners during the regular season are far different than game winners and staying mentally tough through adversity during the playoffs and Finals..

Arguable points for sure, but then that's why they're called Forums.. :D

Let me know if you see a difference:

A) I create a thread that starts with the following:
I think LeBron James quit on the Cavs in the playoffs last year

B) I create a thread that starts with the following:
A link to an article with statements from all parties involved, and the text of that article.

Hawkeye15
04-30-2011, 10:15 PM
Swat team killed it with the last 2 posts. One thing I want to ask, since when do star players ever go all out til the bitter end?

Cp3 looked like he tanked it just the other night.

But its LeBron, the biggest double standard in modern days sports, if not all time. Everyone but LeBron is exempt from certain criticisms. That is just the way it is.

You can call me out for protecting him, whatever you like some of you. Fact is, no athlete has been this much under the microscope for every minute of his professional career. If you disagree, feel free to make your case. Good luck with all that.

apocalypse15
04-30-2011, 10:16 PM
If he didn't quit you think he would have more to say than "that's corny"?

championships
04-30-2011, 10:24 PM
haters hate, have fun

It's not hate. It's a discussion on a fact with video evidence.

TylerSL
04-30-2011, 10:31 PM

1. Yea he cheated on his SATs, it's not the right thing to do, but I have no opinion on that, just that he has kinda proven that he ain't a bad guy...yet, I won't defend him on cheating, if lebron had to go to college, he might have done the same thing and heat fans would defend him. I won't defend rose on that issue

2. He has to "be a chucker" or a least take many shots because if u watched bulls games, you'd see that the rest of the team is reluctant to shoot or can create their shot. Rose has no choice but to be a chucker. I hate it but because the resT of them can't do crap.

See Im a realist and i talk smack about the. Bulls players whenever they suck or act dumb. Boozer sucks and sometimes rose does dumb things at times too. I don't defend them like most heat fans defend their players

While I do agree with this, why didnt everybody say this last year when Lebron was in Cleveland. He was in the exact situation last year...

sammid21
04-30-2011, 10:38 PM
While I do agree with this, why didnt everybody say this last year when Lebron was in Cleveland. He was in the exact situation last year...

Lebron did the same rose is doing this year. I actually liked lebron last year. Almost as much as putting him over Jordan once he won a couple titles. Being a chucker is bad, unless you are being forced to because your team depends on solely one player.

SteBO
04-30-2011, 10:58 PM
Lebron did the same rose is doing this year. I actually liked lebron last year. Almost as much as putting him over Jordan once he won a couple titles. Being a chucker is bad, unless you are being forced to because your team depends on solely one player.
ON most nights, sure, but Luol Deng has grown on me a bit. I really like him as a player, and he's been the most consistent by far. Boozer has been a disappointment, and not just because of the pitiful playoff series he had.

jockrider
04-30-2011, 11:11 PM

cool, thanks man for responding like this you made some good points. with that said some fans are just homers.. I'm a realist aswel but i can be prone to defending blindly.

epizo1
04-30-2011, 11:13 PM
True story...

Watching that game 6 last year between Cleveland and Boston in the waning moments with the game in the balance I saw no desperation in Lebron and to be fair, to some extent, the Cavs team. No fouling to stop the clock, no drives to the basket, no hussle, just flat out indifference. I had never been so upset as a fan that a team, a player, felt they were not compelled to play to the final buzzer. I know a lot of you can say the same about your teams' pride but if the Lakers are down by even as much as 10 points I have seen them get desperate and begin to foul. Might not matter to you but I would rather have them honor it's organization, city, NBA, fan base by continuing to work and be professionals. I could care less about how others might dissect my "for instance" but you respect the GAME!!

Here is the true story part I want you to key in on. In that game 6 at Boston, I have a friend who does camera work for ESPN on a free lance basis (at the time) and was present at that game. With the game still to be decided he noticed Lebron camping at the top of the 3pt. line doing nothing when he heard KG saying to Lebron, "what are you doing?". That to me confirmed that this guy mailed it in. Imagine my "shock" when Gilbert accused Lebron of quitting (pun intended).

I will always believe Lebron had his mind made up to leave and he knew where he was going. All that other stuff he said is pure fiction. What's he gonna say, "yeah, I knew where I was going"? His elbow injury? Alibi! And finally, if he would have won a ship in Cleveland how could he justify leaving the Cavs? Exactly!

jockrider
04-30-2011, 11:16 PM

Because lebron was the much better player and had more experience.

P-O-Z
04-30-2011, 11:27 PM
He put the team on his back doe

jockrider
04-30-2011, 11:49 PM
^sweet sig

hyb152
04-30-2011, 11:59 PM
And here we have ANOTHER take-shots-at-lebron thread started by a laker fan. This is getting pathetic. I'm on board with the guy that said PSD should just ban all laker fans from being able to type the word "lebron." Half of the psd nba threads are about something negative about lebron, and it's ALWAYS a laker fan that started it or filled with laker fans posting negative comments. Where's lakerhead4ever? He seems to be the only laker fan on here with a brain and he doesn't go bashing lebron every chance he gets.

PSD should just ban them from posting anything lebron. How many negative lebron threads have been started by laker fans and how many lebron-praising threads have been started by a laker fan? It must be like 50-0. I'm no heat fan, i don't care about lebron, but this is getting ridiculous. Laker fans keep making themselves look more and more pathetic. nickdymez should be popping in here soon (if he hasn't already) but he won't dear enter the Lebron-Decision Charity thread that was going on the other day or he won't post in the "lebron all-defense 1st team" or anything praising him. laker fans, get off lebron already. We're tired of hearing about lebron, but we're even more tired of you laker fans bashing him. You that bitter or jealous of him or something? Let it go already

nickdymez
05-01-2011, 12:10 AM
And here we have ANOTHER take-shots-at-lebron thread started by a laker fan. This is getting pathetic. I'm on board with the guy that said PSD should just ban all laker fans from being able to type the word "lebron." Half of the psd nba threads are about something negative about lebron, and it's ALWAYS a laker fan that started it or filled with laker fans posting negative comments. Where's lakerhead4ever? He seems to be the only laker fan on here with a brain and he doesn't go bashing lebron every chance he gets.

PSD should just ban them from posting anything lebron. How many negative lebron threads have been started by laker fans and how many lebron-praising threads have been started by a laker fan? It must be like 50-0. I'm no heat fan, i don't care about lebron, but this is getting ridiculous. Laker fans keep making themselves look more and more pathetic. nickdymez should be popping in here soon (if he hasn't already) but he won't dear enter the Lebron-Decision Charity thread that was going on the other day or he won't post in the "lebron all-defense 1st team" or anything praising him. laker fans, get off lebron already. We're tired of hearing about lebron, but we're even more tired of you laker fans bashing him. You that bitter or jealous of him or something? Let it go already

I posted in the Lebron charity thread. And im pretty sure Laker fans aren't bitter nor jealous of Lebron. Go to staples and look up.. You see the greatest players to ever play basketball up in the rafters with their numbers retired. We have one of the greatest players to play the game playing for us right now bringing tittle after tittle after tittle after tittle.... You must be a king fan.

buch88
05-01-2011, 12:12 AM

:clap: :clap: :clap: excellent excellent excellent post hyb! agree 100%

ldawg
05-01-2011, 12:18 AM
nba fans loved Lebron on Cavs not so much in Mia. I think its how he left while the were favored to win it all then he quit.

ohreally
05-01-2011, 12:19 AM

The argument would be better served if you included turnovers and fg%. Only he knows whether he quit or not, but quitting can take many forms so he would really have to be honest with himself to know whether he did or not.

In the classic sense I don't think you can say he quit. But he certainly looked lost and unsure of himself in the last three games, and for those who like to talk about LeBron as the GOAT just ask yourselves how many of the other guys that might be in anyone's serious consideration for that label would have been reduced to that state in three critical playoff games. I can't really think of any.

tjlipford
05-01-2011, 12:21 AM
I'm not saying he quit because he doesn't play here anymore and he did the decision etc... Seriously with all biases aside he did not want to play in Cleveland anymore. He lit the Celtics up in game 3 and beat them single handedly, and basically was emotionless after that game I don't care what the stats say. Something happened and nobody knows what. What's funny is fans all over the world seen it not just some homer Cavs fans.

Still people try to take up for him as if he played the same way he always have played. He may have been fed up with the teams, coach, city, organization owner or whatever, but something most certainly happened.

I usually don't post when the topic is about Lebron because I'm not going to argue with people over the Internet because I know I will get some ignorant posts towards me and to me it's not that serious. I'm a b-ball fan to the heart and I call it like it is. I felt all along that Boston would probably beat us in a 7 game series, but that last series was real weird IMO.

I'm not even mad at Lebron though. He gave us 7 great years of fun basketball & he wanted to leave. I don't hate the guy or none of that, but it's the way he went about it. And at the end of the day who am I? He could do whatever he felt and he didn't have to answer to any fans because he was a free agent. I understand that, but the whole situation was just weird. It's sports and the unthinkable always happens so I'm not too surprised.

I understand why Gilbert was pissed though. He tried for weeks in advance to get in contact with Lebron through, phone calls, emails, and text messages and he couldn't get through to him. Now this was the owner, the same guy who paid Lebron, got his mother out of multiple DUI cases without it ever becoming public and lord knows what else. One of lebrons friends called Gilbert 20 minutes prior to Lebron making the announcement to let him know he was going to Miami. IMO that's not good business and I understand Gilberts frustration. Now, Gilbert wasn't right with that letter as a business man and an owner, but let's be honest that letter had some truth to it and he spoke alot of what many fans not just Cleveland fans were thinking.

At the end of the day though I guess his departure ended up being the best for both sides, and I truly believe that whether we win or ever get back to that level. I'm not going to dwell on what his motives were because he signed with another team which tells everyone that something wasn't right here.

With that being said, I'm looking forward to the Miami & Boston series tomorrow there will be very intense games all series and I can't wait.

fishfan79
05-01-2011, 12:23 AM
hmm if that is the case did kobe quit a few years ago against the suns when in that game seven he pretty much did zip for the game?

personally I think neither of them did, just celtics was a better team last year. He did put up a triple double in the final game even.

tjlipford
05-01-2011, 12:32 AM
hmm if that is the case did kobe quit a few years ago against the suns when in that game seven he pretty much did zip for the game?

personally I think neither of them did, just celtics was a better team last year. He did put up a triple double in the final game even.

U are right, but stats don't show everything, and as good a Lebron is his stats will alway be good. I'm not saying he quit, but as someone who has watched him play from high school & all 7 years with the Cavs something happened an it was weird

nickdymez

I said in my post that Kobe has quit a couple times like a little girl because he wanted to pout.

jockrider
nba fans loved Lebron on Cavs not so much in Mia. I think its how he left while the were favored to win it all then he quit.

, i noticed him getting bashed when he was being talked about as the "best" player in the league. i think kobe fans were threatened by it (some not all) and decided they didn't like him.

thats when everything he did was blown out of proportion ie: when he didn't shake the orlando magic hands.

mikealike305
05-01-2011, 12:50 AM
I'm 50-50 on "he quit". I see where you get it from though, if you're basing it on body language and the 9 turnovers (I posted his fourth quarter stats in that Game 6 in my last post) It's not like he was horrible, but he looked disinterested and disengaged. I just find it funny how none of you even the consider the fact that maybe LeBron just didn't play that well, not involving the body language aspect :shrug: His Game 5 performance was way more pathetic. He looked way worse in that one.

This.
I wouldn't say he "quit" but I don't think he was all there

stlbest5in2013
05-01-2011, 02:18 AM

simple when you think about it. he took a less talented team to the finals. since then he has had more talented teams in cleveland, never made it back to the finals in cleveland. granted other teams improved, the point being, that if he is this greatest player ever, with better talent. he should have already had a ring in cleveland. thats the bottom line, and when he goes out and throws up bricks, instead of attacking the basket, which heat fans praise him for. that is the definition of quitting.

MalZee24
05-01-2011, 02:30 AM
I posted in the Lebron charity thread. And im pretty sure Laker fans aren't bitter nor jealous of Lebron. Go to staples and look up.. You see the greatest players to ever play basketball up in the rafters with their numbers retired. We have one of the greatest players to play the game playing for us right now bringing tittle after tittle after tittle after tittle.... You must be a king fan.

your right, you did post in the charity thread. hyb's wrong because he said you didnt when you really did. you posted a bunch of crap downgrading lebron in that thread too. most laker fans on here dont even enter a thread when the title says something good about lebron. you take it to another level. you enter the thread and try to turn it into a 'bash lebron' thread and your the only one in the there bashing him since other laker fans stay out. you have a reputation on here of being an idiotic poster. ive seen other laker fans criticize u also when it comes to your lebron bashing. do other laker fans a favor and stop embarrassing them. you u have great players in the rafters and a great player now, so get off lebron already. the way u post about him every day makes u seem like your really jealous of him. if you totally not jealous and bitter about lebron, stop ******* posting about him.

buch88
05-01-2011, 02:41 AM
your right, you did post in the charity thread. hyb's wrong because he said you didnt when you really did. you posted a bunch of crap downgrading lebron in that thread too. most laker fans on here dont even enter a thread when the title says something good about lebron. you take it to another level. you enter the thread and try to turn it into a 'bash lebron' thread and your the only one in the there bashing him since other laker fans stay out. you have a reputation on here of being an idiotic poster. ive seen other laker fans criticize u also when it comes to your lebron bashing. do other laker fans a favor and stop embarrassing them. you u have great players in the rafters and a great player now, so get off lebron already. the way u post about him every day makes u seem like your really jealous of him. if you totally not jealous and bitter about lebron, stop ******* posting about him.

lol GET HIM MALZEE! look, i dont like lebron, but i can at least admit hes one of the greatest players to ever play this game and hes a great great talent. you are in every thread about lebron saying crap. your even in good lebron forums and still talking crap. malzees right your making laker fans look bad and your crossing the line. its so obvious by the way you post. your bias is so obvious and its pretty sad

downsos
05-01-2011, 02:44 AM
He quit.

hugepatsfan
05-01-2011, 02:48 AM
can someone explain to me how it's "corny" to say lbj quit.. lmao :laugh2:

SundaeBest
05-01-2011, 03:54 AM

Kobe, on 2 separate occasions in the playoffs, has reacted to Phil saying he shoots way too much, by being completely passive and not taking shots, at the expense of his team, to prove a point. How quickly we forget this

I simply don't remember the criticism of Kobe being as harsh as I have read for LeBron in game 5 of that series.

Again, this post is not to start that back and forth. But all of you need to make sure you don't sit back and crap on something you believe to be true, when Kobe, and a few other superstars, have done the EXACT same thing.

It must kill you that Kobe's got a fistful of rings :sigh:

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-01-2011, 04:43 AM
I have not read the post in this thread, but did you guys see the numbers he was putting up? I'll take a quitter who can do that on my team any day of the week. I saw all the games. He looked out of sorts for sure, but he was still producing. Isn't that the name of the game? I don't care if he was crying on the court. If he was still putting numbers up like that, he did not "quit"

Niro
05-01-2011, 06:07 AM
of course miami fans will defend lebron just like bulls fans defend rose, magic fans defend howard and lakers fans defend kobe..everything else would be absurd

but
also pls keep in mind what would miami fans say if lebron didnt sign with them or what would other fan bases say if lebron signed with them
of course no bulls fan would come up with something like this if lebron signed with them (same for new york, nj etc)

ldawg
05-01-2011, 07:49 AM
Mj could have quit to not being able to get pass the Bad boys but instead he built one of the greatest legacies he became that wall no one could pass. But hey Florida>Cleveland state wise. Where you rather live? The other reasons are all quit reasons why he left. That meant he gave up after leading the nba for two straight years but could not beat celtics when they made him a jump shooter. Mj found a way to win Lebron accepted defeat. you can put it in a box, on top a roof, under the bus but he did quit. That was is home where he grew up. He was leaving before he left he did not recruit player instead he was like i may not be here. If they were suck then he had a point but they were the best team in the nba and was favored to win then left after he lost? did it not make sense for the team to retool and Lebron work on the week points of his game like post ups and his jump shot? You would have thought he miss the playoffs or outs in round 1.

dodie53
05-01-2011, 08:08 AM
yep
it's corny

BklynKnicks3
05-01-2011, 09:30 AM
He is a sellout he knows it himself and it bothers him. I dont know if he quit or not vs celtics. I do Know he disgraced his home town on tv. He didnt even let them know he is leaving so they can try and sign other free agents.

tjlipford
05-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Like I said in my earlier post. It's not Cleveland fans making this up. Everybody watched that series just like me. Regardless of the numbers something wasn't right it just wasn't right. Some people may be a little harsh, but the truth is the truth lol

Hawkeye15
05-01-2011, 10:42 AM
It must kill you that Kobe's got a fistful of rings :sigh:

Its only sports dude. I don't live vicariously through athletes failure and success like many here...

KnicksR4Real
05-01-2011, 11:02 AM
The guy didn't quit. But it's frowned upon because he made life easier for him. He chose the easy way out.

k.smith904
05-01-2011, 11:29 AM
After reading this thread, I've determined everyone but Heat fans believe Lebron quit last year.

Interesting how the majority is so clearly wrong and biased...

:)

ne3xchamps
05-01-2011, 11:35 AM
I'm not the biggest lebron fan, though I don't hate him like alot of people. But what I think is he had is head elsewhere. For reasons we all don't know, but I have a feeling he was looking forward to free agency, and honestly IMO he was tired of doing everything on that team. Now i might get bashed for saying that but I think its true. There comes a certain point where he must have felt he was playing the celtics by himself. Plus he realized even if they came back and beat the c's, the lakers were just going to hand the cavs their ***** on a silver platter. So there is my opinion on the matter. but he didn't quit, I believe he was exhausted by having to carry the team.

k.smith904
05-01-2011, 11:38 AM
I'm not the biggest lebron fan, though I don't hate him like alot of people. But what I think is he had is head elsewhere. For reasons we all don't know, but I have a feeling he was looking forward to free agency, and honestly IMO he was tired of doing everything on that team. Now i might get bashed for saying that but I think its true. There comes a certain point where he must have felt he was playing the celtics by himself. Plus he realized even if they came back and beat the c's, the lakers were just going to hand the cavs their ***** on a silver platter. So there is my opinion on the matter. but he didn't quit, I believe he was exhausted by having to carry the team.

bolded statements are contradictory.

Did he give up because he had no support, or was he just tired?

lmao.

SteBO
05-01-2011, 11:40 AM
I can agree with this. Still, I'm flabbergasted at the fact he wasn't all there and he put up a triple-double still. Here's his chance to finally get over the Boston demons.

Gators123
05-01-2011, 11:44 AM
I think LeBrons a douche, but at the end of the day, all of us would love to have that "quitter" on our favorite team.

LOOTERX9
05-01-2011, 12:09 PM
Lebron "TANKED" that series, not "QUIT". Which is worst than quitting because he intentionally tanked the series just so he can have an excuse to go play with wade and Bosh. By Tanking people will say he needs better teammates and that they don't blame him for joining wade in miami. Cleveland was in all those games but Lebron did not really want to win just so he can go have fun in miami with his buddies. What a little *****.

Hawkeye15
05-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Lebron "TANKED" that series, not "QUIT". Which is worst than quitting because he intentionally tanked the series just so he can have an excuse to go play with wade and Bosh. By Tanking people will say he needs better teammates and that they don't blame him for joining wade in miami. Cleveland was in all those games but Lebron did not really want to win just so he can go have fun in miami with his buddies. What a little *****.

really? Cmon man

LayZbone
05-01-2011, 12:25 PM

Lets Go Hawks!

But its LeBron, the biggest double standard in modern days sports, if not all time. Everyone but LeBron is exempt from certain criticisms. That is just the way it is.

You can call me out for protecting him, whatever you like some of you. Fact is, no athlete has been this much under the microscope for every minute of his professional career. If you disagree, feel free to make your case. Good luck with all that.

Some epic posts in this thread.

mdm692
05-01-2011, 04:25 PM

hahaha so true

Jaji
05-01-2011, 04:35 PM
It doesn't even matter. His teammate was shagging his mom, shagging her good :laugh2:. Eff Cleveland. Eff Delonte. If he did quit I don't blame him. But I don't see how a guy "quits" when he's getting triple doubles :shrug:.

ldawg
05-01-2011, 04:50 PM
He quit, he said it himself that he was tired being bounce by the celtics and it hurts. Now he is D Wades back up singer on the heatles. Dwade is a better player than lebron when he wants to assert himself and Lebron is the right player to help him. maybe not his year but they will win a few rings. Wade can close games Lebron needed a closer by his side. I think that was obvious. How would you handle a teammate shagging your mom and the other players hide it?

--23--
05-01-2011, 04:57 PM
Mj could have quit to not being able to get pass the Bad boys but instead he built one of the greatest legacies he became that wall no one could pass. But hey Florida>Cleveland state wise. Where you rather live? The other reasons are all quit reasons why he left. That meant he gave up after leading the nba for two straight years but could not beat celtics when they made him a jump shooter. Mj found a way to win Lebron accepted defeat. you can put it in a box, on top a roof, under the bus but he did quit. That was is home where he grew up. He was leaving before he left he did not recruit player instead he was like i may not be here. If they were suck then he had a point but they were the best team in the nba and was favored to win then left after he lost? did it not make sense for the team to retool and Lebron work on the week points of his game like post ups and his jump shot? You would have thought he miss the playoffs or outs in round 1.

Agree :clap: :clap:

Sixerlover
05-01-2011, 05:43 PM
After reading this thread, I've determined everyone but Heat fans believe Lebron quit last year.

Interesting how the majority is so clearly wrong and biased...

:)

Not I. Thinking he quit is borderline idiotic it's basketball people change teams.

nickdymez
05-01-2011, 05:52 PM

You got me....

Arch Stanton
05-01-2011, 09:04 PM
RealSkipBayless Skip Bayless
LeBron says notion he quit against Celts in last year's playoffs is "corny." Nope, he QUIT. Biggest reason he joined DWade. He's a Robin.

ldawg
05-01-2011, 11:29 PM
LeBron says notion he quit against Celts in last year's playoffs is "corny." Nope, he QUIT. Biggest reason he joined DWade. He's a Robin.Wade is the soul of this team. Lebron had already quit on coach spo. He is good at qiutting.

ldawg
05-01-2011, 11:34 PM
LeBron says notion he quit against Celts in last year's playoffs is "corny." Nope, he QUIT. Biggest reason he joined DWade. He's a Robin.in game one he is more Robin than Batman to Wades Superman.

koreancabbage
05-01-2011, 11:43 PM
in game one he is more Robin than Batman to Wades Superman.

oh come on. thats not really fair considering Ray Allen guarded Wade most of the night. Paul Pierce is still a good defender.

blame it on the age, but Allen sucks defensively now. Miami exploited the one weakness Boston had- Ray Allen on defense.

JordansBulls
05-02-2011, 01:25 PM
LeBron says notion he quit against Celts in last year's playoffs is "corny." Nope, he QUIT. Biggest reason he joined DWade. He's a Robin.

Skip does not like Lebron, I think everyone knows that.

Sixerlover
05-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Arch Stanton does not like Lebron, I think everyone knows that.

JayAllDay
05-02-2011, 02:31 PM
I wanna know what Lebron thinks "corny" means...

But he quit last year, and Cleveland fans haven't forgotten.
My godson's father is from Cleveland, and I feel like Lebron mentally raped him everytime we talk about sports.

justinnum1
05-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Arch Stanton does not like Lebron, I think everyone knows that.

:nod: