PDA

View Full Version : Does San Antonio Blow It Up??

Kobes a Killer
04-29-2011, 11:47 PM
Haha I'm the first to start this thread....

I think they can get a lot of good young players for who they have, good draft picks too.

Discuss....

210Don
04-29-2011, 11:48 PM
nah just rj and bonner need to go! replace them with actually productive people and were good oh and start splitter i think well have a good shot next year

Ty Fast
04-29-2011, 11:49 PM
why would they?

xxcubs22xx
04-29-2011, 11:50 PM
I think they could make a few moves but I wouldn't say blow it up...

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-29-2011, 11:50 PM
I knew a thread like this would be started.

Kobes a Killer
04-29-2011, 11:52 PM

Didn't we all?

FriedTofuz
04-29-2011, 11:53 PM

same here. What a surprise, we were both right. The spurs dont need to blow up anything, theyre a 60 win team. They just need to make a few changes and try again next year. :)

BKdoubleStacker
They dont have a lot of trade value outside of parker/ginobli, whom they shouldnt trade anyway

I see duncan retiring and the spurs fighting for a low seed next year.

Kobes a Killer
Even though they can still compete at a high level, I say blow it up. Imagine the draft picks and young players they could get for players like Manu, Tony, Duncan. They already have a few young nice players

Crackadalic
04-29-2011, 11:54 PM
Didnt Parker and Manu sign extensions already?

Kobes a Killer
04-29-2011, 11:54 PM
They dont have a lot of trade value outside of parker/ginobli, whom they shouldnt trade anyway

I see duncan retiring and the spurs fighting for a low seed next year.

If you're a young team then ya fighting for a low seed is good, but I just don't see the point in the Spurs doing that

Kobes a Killer
04-29-2011, 11:55 PM
Didnt Parker and Manu sign extensions already?

I dunno, there goes my thread though if they did. Unless they can acquire another big that can produce at a high level, I don't see them getting past the 2nd round in the next few years

Hoopsadvocate
04-29-2011, 11:56 PM
I dont know about blowing up but i can see them looking to rebuild a little more by playing more of their young players. And i wouldnt be surprised if they traded parker/manu/rj for some picks or younger players. Also wouldnt be surprised if TD retired.

BKdoubleStacker
04-29-2011, 11:58 PM
If you're a young team then ya fighting for a low seed is good, but I just don't see the point in the Spurs doing that

lol your acting as if a team gets to choose how many games they win

Chi StateOfMind
Need to get more athletic and younger

drobe86
yea they might as well. That group has run its course. They got smoked this series lol... Oh well, fishing season opens up tomorrow in many states... Spurs will get to get a head start

RipCity32
04-30-2011, 12:01 AM
I remember Parker signing a extension last year not really sure about ginobilli but he still plays at such a high level.

Kobes a Killer
04-30-2011, 12:02 AM
lol your acting as if a team gets to choose how many games they win

Thats not what I meant or said at all

phoenix_bladen
04-30-2011, 12:04 AM
the spurs are DONE!!!!

i don't see how a 35 year old duncan can carry this team any longer

they'll be playoff contenders but their title days have been over about 4 years ago though!

onlythisfar41
04-30-2011, 12:06 AM
I honestly dont think Duncan will retire, but if for some reason he did I would completely understand his reasoning.

Theyve been so good for so long and the fact that they did so well this year makes me think theyll give it one more shot next season. If they had been a low playoff seed and then got bounced in the 1st round then I could see them blowing up the team. Now i know they got bounced early anyway, but since they had such a strong season I think the front office may add a key role player or two and give it one more go.

BKdoubleStacker
04-30-2011, 12:06 AM
Thats not what I meant or said at all

then what did you mean? they are not going to sniff close to 60 wins next season, probably not even 50, barring they bring in some big pieces via trade/free agency.

asomen
04-30-2011, 12:08 AM
Duncan retiring at 35? Right. Kobe's retiring after this season too.

Kobes a Killer
04-30-2011, 12:10 AM
then what did you mean? they are not going to sniff close to 60 wins next season, probably not even 50, barring they bring in some big pieces via trade/free agency.

I'm not going to argue with you, I'm going to bed.

All I meant was, they need a productive big or IMO I don't think they'll make it past the 2nd round in the next few years. Maybe they'll shock me and win the championship next year, I don't know and I don't care enough. I didn't even go back to my first post you quoted me on anyways so whatever. I'm not the only who thinks they should blow it up

Kobes a Killer
04-30-2011, 12:11 AM
Duncan retiring at 35? Right. Kobe's retiring after this season too.

Duncan can't play heavy minutes or produce cosistantly anymore, go out on top (he's not really on top right now, but next year could be ugly for him), he could have a terribly pathetic season next year, possibly humiliate himself, possibly injure himself

Sadds The Gr8
04-30-2011, 12:12 AM
i can't believe how useless Jefferson is. they need a new SF, and they need to pray that Splitter can be a beast and a solid offensive option next season. I don't think they blow it up because they just re-signed Manu and Parker.

J4KOP99
04-30-2011, 12:15 AM
I don't think they blow it up. I expect Ginobili and Parker to be there next year, as well as Duncan... unless he retires, but I doubt that.

The Spurs need to re-construct their front court. Duncan can't be that anchor anymore, he's too old. If they could get a true center to play alongside him (a veteran or anyone who's proven and has center-size) they would be set. McDyss and Blair are too small.

asomen
04-30-2011, 12:15 AM
Duncan can't play heavy minutes or produce cosistantly anymore, go out on top (he's not really on top right now, but next year could be ugly for him), he could have a terribly pathetic season next year, possibly humiliate himself, possibly injure himself

He's 35. Is Garnett retiring after this season too? He's 35.

MrfadeawayJB
04-30-2011, 12:17 AM
Yes...it is time to rebuild for the future. The problem is nobody wants RJ, Tony's, or Manu's contracts. Def. need to keep timmy till he retires tho

J4KOP99
04-30-2011, 12:20 AM
What does Duncans contract look like?

DeyAce
04-30-2011, 12:21 AM
A good regular season team

asomen
04-30-2011, 12:21 AM
People will look back at the re-signing RJ last off-season and realize it was the nail in the coffin.

He's got an untradeable contract and he sucks. The dude can't create his own shot and is a spotty 3 point shooter. Most unclutch player I've seen in awhile.

Spurs had a chance to realize they made a mistake when they traded for him but instead signed him to a long-term deal.

maddBat
04-30-2011, 12:22 AM
they need n e 1 not named jefferson. richard that is

BKdoubleStacker
04-30-2011, 12:22 AM
I'm not going to argue with you, I'm going to bed.

All I meant was, they need a productive big or IMO I don't think they'll make it past the 2nd round in the next few years. Maybe they'll shock me and win the championship next year, I don't know and I don't care enough. I didn't even go back to my first post you quoted me on anyways so whatever. I'm not the only who thinks they should blow it up

You said that a young team fighting for a low seed is good, but the spurs shouldnt do that. Seeing as how they are a old team, Sounds like you are saying they shouldnt rebuild. now you are saying they should blow it up... uhhh

Bruno
04-30-2011, 12:23 AM
You don't blow it up until Duncan retires.

210Don
04-30-2011, 12:24 AM
What does Duncans contract look like?

1 more year

jzero
04-30-2011, 12:27 AM
i know parker signed an extension but i dunno about manu
why wud they get rid of parker?

spurs21
04-30-2011, 12:29 AM
it's kind of hard to rebuild the spurs b/c they are a small market team unlike the mainstream teams: LA,Celtics,Heat and NY. Its harder to bring above average players through trades which is why Duncan has been low key in the public eye throughout his career. Also they are still a team that is always going to be in the playoff spot and that is a double-edge sword against them since they will only get low draft picks unless they take a huge risk of trading one of their loyal superstars. Hopefully they can work on getting a strong Center like Nene,Kaman,Camby,or even Greg Oden for some defensive and rebounding presence.

blahblahyoutoo
04-30-2011, 12:36 AM
People will look back at the re-signing RJ last off-season and realize it was the nail in the coffin.

He's got an untradeable contract and he sucks. The dude can't create his own shot and is a spotty 3 point shooter. Most unclutch player I've seen in awhile.

Spurs had a chance to realize they made a mistake when they traded for him but instead signed him to a long-term deal.

i called it one of the worst signings of the off-season.
i think everybody thought he was nuts for opting out. everyone except the spurs FO that is...

FriedTofuz
04-30-2011, 12:38 AM
You don't blow it up until Duncan retires.

agreed

i know parker signed an extension but i dunno about manu
why wud they get rid of parker?

Manu has also signed a extention during the 2009-2010. They shouldnt get rid of parker, hes the youngest of their big 3. I think you try to aquire a younger small forward. Richard Jeffersons play has been disapointing, they need to upgrade their small forward spot and sign a defensive Big. They should be set once again. Richard jeffersons contract is half of what it used to be, so he isnt that hard to trade.

MTar786
04-30-2011, 01:00 AM
they should trade splitter, bonner someone else and a 1st pick for al jefferson
blair neal mcdyess and hill would make them an amazing 9 man rotation. maybe even try to get a sf like peja or a good 3 point shooter that can give u a good 10-14 mins a game at a cheap price

MTar786
04-30-2011, 01:02 AM
they need a guy like trevor ariza!

210Don
04-30-2011, 01:03 AM
they need a guy like trevor ariza!

:clap: true that........ we need change a few things but it can be done
1. rj out
2. trade bonner & blair for legit pf back up or starting c
3. get backup pg
4. bring back jack

IversonIsKrazy
04-30-2011, 01:05 AM
Lol, the Spurs franchise is full of Loyalty. Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, Greg Popovic, Tony Parker will all retire as a Spur, in that order. RJ needs to go. Hill and Neal will be better next season and are young assets. James Anderson will be back as well. They need a C who plays dirty, and a SF (RJ GTFO). But honestly, I really do think it's the end of an era... so depressing :(

dtmagnet
04-30-2011, 01:09 AM
A number 1 seed doesn't blow it up.... they will retool the roster a bit maybe.

210Don
04-30-2011, 01:09 AM
Grant hill............

central2003
04-30-2011, 01:30 AM
No. They shouldn't make the mistake the Kings made in 04 by blowing up a 60 win team, who had a very good chance still at winning it all. The Spurs need to improve by adding some players I think next year should be the make or break period.

king4day
04-30-2011, 01:53 AM
Not with the price tags on these guys. I think they should try dealing Splitter and/or Blair and expirings for bigger names that losing teams don't want. May as well ride out the Duncan era while u can.

king4day
04-30-2011, 01:54 AM
Grant hill............

A healthy Manu doesn't save the Spurs in this series.

Iron24th
04-30-2011, 01:55 AM
No,they should add a true C and a good wingplayer,jefferson was crap.

ohreally
04-30-2011, 02:03 AM
Signing Jefferson was a very bad move. They should explore trades but I'm not sure they can do much there. They do draft very well though, so they should try buying picks. Have to se what Duncan does, but I do think it's time that his role gets further reduced. They are far from bad enough to totally blow up the team though.

210Don
04-30-2011, 02:06 AM
A healthy Manu doesn't save the Spurs in this series.

yes it does. he plays game 1 we win that and we might have a game 7

knicks4life33
04-30-2011, 02:11 AM
They won 60 games lol they dont need to blow up the team lol they need to add pieces

Voodoo Alchemy
04-30-2011, 02:21 AM
everyone agrees jefferson is the weakest link on this team but his contract compounds the problem. the spurs need another big along side duncan to do the heavy lifting

iggypop123
04-30-2011, 02:21 AM
should they? yes. will they no?

Voodoo Alchemy
04-30-2011, 02:28 AM
should they? yes. will they no?

why would you blow up this team? what's wrong with duncan, parker and manu? dice will retire, bonner will be spend next season at the barbershop and jefferson will be traded to the wnba. they need to start splitter next to timmy and slide neal at the 2.

The Jokemaker
04-30-2011, 02:28 AM
I could see them trading Tony Parker for another big. They got George Hill who could take over at PG and pair him wtih Manu.

They are probably stuck with RJ though.

RaiderLakersA's
04-30-2011, 02:31 AM
It all depends on how the Spurs FO assess their competitiveness. If they see the Grizz as the one team that presented match up problems for them, an aberration, then they'll simply retool with a player here and there. But if they really take a good look and see that the Grizz are typical of the upper echelon teams in the West like OKC and the Lakers, who could have presented the same match up problems for them, then they'll blow it up.

Voodoo Alchemy
04-30-2011, 02:33 AM
i like how the blazers built their team but i like how the grizzs built it better. they added their best player - lionel hollins.

iggypop123
04-30-2011, 02:39 AM
why would you blow up this team? what's wrong with duncan, parker and manu? dice will retire, bonner will be spend next season at the barbershop and jefferson will be traded to the wnba. they need to start splitter next to timmy and slide neal at the 2.

jeffersons contract is as untradable as hedo. bonner aint going anywhere pop loves him and his no defense.

Giraffes Rule
04-30-2011, 02:46 AM
jeffersons contract is as untradable as hedo. bonner aint going anywhere pop loves him and his no defense.

Last I checked, Hedo DID get traded with that awful contract. Twice.

I could see them trading Tony Parker for another big. They got George Hill who could take over at PG and pair him wtih Manu.

They are probably stuck with RJ though.

George Hill isn't ready to be a point guard. Tony Parker isn't a great playmaker, but George Hill isn't even as good as Tony Parker in that area. If the Spurs are willing to move Blair or another young player with RJ and draft picks, they could acquire a quality big.

championships
04-30-2011, 03:49 AM
I do think they need to make some moves and get younger, fresher legs but I don't think they need to blow up the whole thing.

sixerszzz
04-30-2011, 04:03 AM
It's absolutely time to blow it up in San Antonio. Pop did a great job of managing everyone's minutes (no one averaged more than 32.4!) and yet they looked like an old, slow team in the playoffs. Had the Spurs won this series, I think the Thunder would have handled them easily.

sep11ie
04-30-2011, 04:22 AM
1. 210don can't say anything, cause he said how bad he thinks his Spurs suck on another thread.

2. THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN A THREAD. ****, why do you noobs think its cool to recyclying stupid threads?

abe_froman
04-30-2011, 04:22 AM
no,not yet.ride the duncan era til it ends(retirement or just his contract is up),come what may.then blow it up and tank hard.for now deal rj,add what you can

sep11ie
04-30-2011, 05:00 AM
*keep

ragee
04-30-2011, 05:12 AM
Even though they can still compete at a high level, I say blow it up. Imagine the draft picks and young players they could get for players like Manu, Tony, Duncan. They already have a few young nice players

Parker and Manu maybe but not Duncan... He is the face of the franchise... I think they should let him retire as a Spur...

LakersIn5
04-30-2011, 07:57 AM
trade timmy d to the lakers. :D

PHX2daDEATH
04-30-2011, 08:45 AM
Ill say this again the Spurs peaked way too soon this year..it was the exact opposite of what they did in previous years where they kinda let the season ride out.. start gelling in march and april and make a title run.. I say they make a few minor adjustments.. maybe trade Trade Parker for a SF Or another big man..I think Pop will realize this and next year you will see the Spurs coast in the regular season...reduce the three stars minutes..sneak into the playoffs as a 5-8 seed and see what happens from there..

daboywonder2002
04-30-2011, 09:15 AM
why are yall blaming rj? rj had a pretty decent year for the spurs. Was rj guarding zack randolph? NO. spurs lost because pop actually thought manu and tony could lead them to a championship. and that tim duncan is still capable of mvp type games here and there. the whole oh lets just put anybody next to timmy and we can win. BULLCRAP.

magichatnumber9
04-30-2011, 09:30 AM
The Spurs are going through something similar to the Bird era Celtics.

tr3ymill3r
04-30-2011, 09:49 AM
There isn't one player on the team that I'd trade a top 10 pick for on that team anymore. They have all gotten older and lost a step or 2 from the last time they won a championship. Aside from that, with the upcoming lockout they are pretty much set with that roster for next year as well unless something drastic happens, and from everything I've read and heard the NBA is much worse off with it's CBA than the NFL.

eugene
04-30-2011, 09:51 AM
TD to Celtics!! :D :D

HouRealCoach
04-30-2011, 10:59 AM
The Grizzlies just beat them with size...

If they had face NOH then they wouldve won opr any other team that doesnt have much size.... They just need to get bigger

Voodoo Alchemy
04-30-2011, 11:12 AM

don't forget gilbert arena's contract too.

jefferson's signing was a horrible mistake considering how smart the spurs fo has been in the past.

PraiseJesus
04-30-2011, 11:14 AM
Either they add Chris Paul/ Dwight Howard or they blow it up

Lim
04-30-2011, 12:02 PM
they should, their window has clearly closed. and i hope timmy retires, i dont want him to become that washed up HOF who shouldve retired years ago AKA shaQ. Timmy should go out on top(not really but u know what i mean).

IDB Josh M
04-30-2011, 12:10 PM
When Duncan retires, then you blow it up; unless he straight up says, I'm taking a back seat.

hotpotato1092
04-30-2011, 03:00 PM
They should. As currently constructed, especially given that they aren't getting any younger, they have no chance of beating LA, OKC, Miami, Chicago or Boston in a 7 game series. I never understand why teams that really should know that they aren't winning the title keep the core around. They've had their run, time to start over.

Spurred1
04-30-2011, 05:09 PM
why are yall blaming rj? rj had a pretty decent year for the spurs. Was rj guarding zack randolph? NO. spurs lost because pop actually thought manu and tony could lead them to a championship. and that tim duncan is still capable of mvp type games here and there. the whole oh lets just put anybody next to timmy and we can win. BULLCRAP.

RJ was nothing short of horrendous in the playoffs-it doesn't matter that he wasn't guarding Randolph; he contributed nothing to the series. This was his second year with the team-he's had his chances and MUST be traded away.
Parker was pretty disappointing as well-he played below expectations, but he needs to stick around.
RJ needs to go.
Splitter needs to keep developing
May as well keep Novak-he provides the three point shooting for cheap(although Pop didn't use him against the Grizz)
Bonner...ugh, he's outlived his usefulness
Blair...I don't know
Tim is just going to continue going backward-that's the way it goes.
Manu-maybe if he'd been healthy, things would have turned out differently. But he just signed an extension, so he's probably ours.
Grant Hill and Stephen Jackson are not the answers-Spurs need to get younger and more athletic, not older. Hill is great for his age, but how much longer will that last? Jackson is an unreliable chucker-don't want him.
Not really sure what the Spurs can pull off in this shaky financial time for the NBA.

Hangtime
04-30-2011, 05:26 PM
I think its important to look at the Spurs since they won in 2007. They haven't gotten any closer. Last year it was a sweep by Phoenix, a team they once owned. This year its a first round lost to an 8th seed. The writing is on the wall.

I love Timmy but he look like a shell of himself. It wasn't the same guy. There is no optimism going forward and they need to make changes. The francise will move on after he's gone. They may want to start getting the pieces put in place for the future.

JNA17
04-30-2011, 05:30 PM
wtf? I never been to San Antonio but i don't think a city like that should be blown up. Silly posters, tricks are for kids.

JasonJohnHorn
04-30-2011, 05:42 PM
Absoluetley NOT!!!! They have a good center/power forward rotation (Duncan/Blair/Splitter/McDysse/Bonner), two of whom are very young, two young guns coming of the bench for the back court (and sometimes starting) in Gary Neil and Hill, Ginobili and Parker who are in their primes, and an all-star calibre player in Jefferson. I expect they may lose McDysse either to retirement or whatever team wins it this year, because McDysse wants a ring bad, but with the MLE and a draft pick and the vet min to work with in the offseason, I see now reason why this team needs to blow it up. Trading Duncan would be a sin becaue he should retire in the blackandgrey, and I dont see how they could get equal trade value for anybody else on their team, so unless they were picking up a player like Howard or CP3, I just dont see a reason to make any big moves.

The problem was that they peaked to early this season. The NBA is all about momentum. If the playoffs had been played after two months, then they would have been facing Boston in the finals, right now, it looks like a chi-town/LA match up (but the west and east are both crazy this year and it is anybody's game).

The Spurs have what it takes to contend. If they draft smart (as they usually do) they can pick up a contributor in the off season, and if their GM is shrewd with the MLE (which he usually is) and the bi-anual-MLE, he has four players he can add to the roster (1st and 2nd rounder, the 5Mil:MLE and the 2.5:MLE) without counting vet minimums.

And Duncan is still one of the best front court defenders in the league.

They did post 61 wins for a reason after all.

Memphis was a bad match-up for them and they got the better of them, but last yaer with a similar squad last yaer they up-set the Mavs. A trade that brings in a stronger presence at center would help, but Splittner may be that presence next year if he continues to develop.

I say hold on and play this core next year while looking for a shrewd addition (a team looking to dump a contract perhaps). But no need to blow it up.

tbuk100
04-30-2011, 05:52 PM
The Spurs need to think about rebuilding for the future. They need a big man and Parker is their most tradeable asset. Plus, with Hill as a replacement, they can afford an upgrade in the PF area for when The Great One retires.

Trade potential: Tony Parker to Atlanta for Josh Smith and Jeff Teague.

Then trade RJ, Teague, McDysses' contract, and DeJuan Blair (plus picks) to the Hornets for Chris Paul.

Sign JR Smith and Shane Battier in the offseason

Lineup would look like this:

PG- C. Paul / G. Neal
SG- G. HIll / Manu off bench again
SF- Battier / Anderson
PF- J. Smith / Bonner
C- Duncan / Splitter

FOBolous
04-30-2011, 06:01 PM
i would try to keep all the players and let them retired as a Spur if they want to cause all of them have given a lot to the Spurs organization.

Giraffes Rule
04-30-2011, 06:02 PM
Why would the Hornets give up Paul for a player with a bad contract, a point guard without a lot of upside, an MLE contract of a retiring player, and and undersized power forward? Neither of those trades are realistic at all.

richiesaurus310
05-01-2011, 02:55 AM
They wont blow it up, but if they did I say trade Parker, Duncan, and Jefferson.

Trade Duncan and Jefferson to Cleveland for Gibson, Verejao, and Manny Harris. I think Cleveland would do it to get Duncan for the same reason they traded for Baron Davis, and the Spurs would get rid of Richard Jefferson's terrible contract and huge cap relief...

Trade Tony Parker to the Knicks for Chauncey Billup's expiring. IDK if the Knicks would do it, but if they aren't 100% sure they can get CP3 or Derron, why not take Tony now?? Or trade Tony Parker for Steve Nash's expiring contract.

Trade Antonio McDyess at the trade deadline for somebody useful and a draft pick, which is possible due to his expiring contract of around $5 million.

These trades wouldn't bring big names to the Spurs immediately, but would allow for cap room in 2012 to build around a big time free agent, a high draft pick, and Manu Ginobili.

FriedTofuz
05-01-2011, 03:09 AM
the spurs need to:
Get rid of Bonner, and richard jefferson

They need to sign an athletic defensive small forward
Sign caron butler, take a shot at grant hill!
Sign a big to play center so timmy can go back to PF.

BE HEALTHY. Speacially manu. Limit his minutes in the regular season if you have to. Just like they did with duncan.

210Don
05-01-2011, 03:35 AM
id like butler he mite actually score a point opposed to rjs 0 points consistently

kdspurman
05-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Theyre going to have to be willing to give up some young talent. Neal, Hill, Blair are all young with a lot of upside. Same with Splitter. So it'll be interesting to see if they move any of them.

What they need is a big who can score the ball and defend. People are mentioning Mcdyess on here for trade scenarios but unless he changes his mind, he is likely retiring.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Spurs-notebook-Loss-leaves-McDyess-hurting-1359575.php

So there is definitely going to be a need to add size. I dont know how many options there are, but i would assume they'll make some adjustments. There not a team that blows it up. I dont think they ever have been. It's kind of a good thing that they have stayed so competitive all these years, without having to blow it up and miss the playoffs. You look at detroit, new jersey, philly, now you can throw in there utah, phoenix as teams that were all great at one point and not even in the playoffs. They may make a big splash this off season who knows. They always seem to make moves no one sees coming.

todu82
05-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Yeah, they don't blow it up but I can see them possibly trading Ginobli or Parker in the off-season.

210Don
05-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Yeah, they don't blow it up but I can see them possibly trading Ginobli or Parker in the off-season.

ginobili isnt going anywhere.....

KingPosey
05-02-2011, 12:29 PM
you guys are crazy, ya they lost in the 1st round to a low seed, but is anyone watching the Grizz play? That is a GOOD team. They took a dump on OKC last night.

Heater4life
05-02-2011, 12:43 PM
No. Ride them till the end, then blow it up when your time comes.

SMM
05-02-2011, 12:54 PM
Trade Parker & Jefferson together.

You will clear out Jefferson and get a good player in return.

You would have cap space but Spurs do not have a good history of luring big time free agents.

Best bet is to trade for a good player under contract with Parker as the trading piece and Jefferson as a $$ dump. ID who to trade for is the other issue.

SFGiants1015
05-02-2011, 01:04 PM
yea they might as well. That group has run its course. They got smoked this series lol... Oh well, fishing season opens up tomorrow in many states... Spurs will get to get a head start

LMAO coming from the guy whose team is always getting smoked in the playoffs....:facepalm:

SFGiants1015
05-02-2011, 01:05 PM
you guys are crazy, ya they lost in the 1st round to a low seed, but is anyone watching the Grizz play? That is a GOOD team. They took a dump on OKC last night.

Couldn't agree more :clap:

asomen
05-02-2011, 01:06 PM
Not sure what the status of Al Jefferson is with Utah but he would be the piece of the puzzle the Spurs could pair with Timmy. In terms of salaries, this trade would match up:

Al Jefferson for Richard Jefferson, Dejuan Blair and Tiago Splitter.

Spurs throw in a 1st round pick in that deal and I think it's relatively fair. Again though, depends on the status of Jefferson and what direction the franchise is heading. I remember Al Jefferson being in the dog house at the end of the season. It's usually scenarios like this where players get traded for unequal value to contenders.

blahblahyoutoo
05-02-2011, 01:09 PM
A number 1 seed doesn't blow it up.... they will retool the roster a bit maybe.

they were overachievers during the reg season.

asomen
05-02-2011, 01:15 PM
they were overachievers during the reg season.

This is the most over-used statement I keep hearing. How do you overachieve when you win the conference by 4 games? You don't overachieve throughout a whole season. You can overachieve during a short time span...but not over an 82 game season. It's a terrible reason for explaining the Spurs exit.

A better (and more realistic) reason is they ran into a team that exploited their weakness. The Spurs don't have the bigs to match up with a team that has 2 great post players. The Spurs can handle a team that has 1 big (Oklahoma, Denver, New Orleans, Miami, etc.) This roster just flat out doesn't match up well when they are forced to sit Blair because of his size and play Bonner and McDyess extended minutes.

That's why their only goal in the off-season should be finding a way to get a true 7 foot Center on the roster while keeping their core intact.

JordansBulls
05-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Would Spurs do a Duncan for Boozer swap?

JordansBulls
05-03-2011, 04:30 PM
They need another big man. Mcdyess and Blair won't cut it with Duncan's production nowadays.

FLMeth06
05-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Would Spurs do a Duncan for Boozer swap?

:laugh2: