PDA

View Full Version : Boston Vs. Miami and the hype

mikealike305
04-29-2011, 04:12 PM
This upcoming series between Boston and Miami has been one of the most hyped match ups in a long time.
Where do you rank this match up among other incrediblly hyped match ups in the past?
And do you think a LA Vs. Miami (LeBron Vs. Kobe) match up, IF these teams make it there, will be even more hyped than Boston and Miami? or do you think Boston Vs. Miami is as good as its going to get this postseason?

FadeAwayLikeMJ
04-29-2011, 04:16 PM
If said it before, to me it seems like Wade, Bosh and LeBronze got together cause they couldn't get past BOS on their own. That's why I think it's the most hyped

leftymo
04-29-2011, 04:20 PM
If said it before, to me it seems like Wade, Bosh and LeBronze got together cause they couldn't get past BOS on their own. That's why I think it's the most hyped

pot kettle? You make it seem like the Celtics drafted Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett...

The Heat tried to copy and albeit at a far younger age, of what the Celtics did.

This series definitely warrants the hype b/c its the only 2nd round matchup that pits 2 NBA Title Contenders. (sorry, but Atlanta, OKC, and the Mavs are just not there yet or ever)

The superstar magnitude also trumps a possible matchup with the Bulls who boast a great team but only one true star. The finals are always a hyped matchup these days b/c it most often has the star power.

But for a 2nd round matchup it could be one of the greatest ever! seriously.

how many future HOF'ers are playin in this series? 7?

Gibby23
04-29-2011, 04:21 PM
This upcoming series between Boston and Miami has been one of the most hyped match ups in a long time.Where do you rank this match up among other incrediblly hyped match ups in the past?
And do you think a LA Vs. Miami (LeBron Vs. Kobe) match up, IF these teams make it there, will be even more hyped than Boston and Miami? or do you think Boston Vs. Miami is as good as its going to get this postseason?

Lakers Vs. Boston is always #1 and always will be.

iggypop123
04-29-2011, 04:22 PM
it very much has the hype of a lakers kings matchup where everyone conceded it was the nba finals instead of western conference finals

theheatles
04-29-2011, 04:28 PM
Lakers Vs. Boston is always #1 and always will be.

not this year...maybe if there was a decade hiatus of LA playing boston in the finals then it would be #1 but this year the nba's #1 matchup that they want and the majority of fans want is lakers vs heat

Gibby23
04-29-2011, 04:30 PM
not this year...maybe if there was a decade hiatus of LA playing boston in the finals then it would be #1 but this year the nba's #1 matchup that they want and the majority of fans want is lakers vs heat

Go chek the ratings. There are way more Boston and LA fans out there than Miami or Lebron fans.

COOLbeans
04-29-2011, 04:31 PM
pot kettle? You make it seem like the Celtics drafted Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett...

The Heat tried to copy and albeit at a far younger age, of what the Celtics did.

This series definitely warrants the hype b/c its the only 2nd round matchup that pits 2 NBA Title Contenders. (sorry, but Atlanta, OKC, and the Mavs are just not there yet or ever)

The superstar magnitude also trumps a possible matchup with the Bulls who boast a great team but only one true star. The finals are always a hyped matchup these days b/c it most often has the star power.

But for a 2nd round matchup it could be one of the greatest ever! seriously.

how many future HOF'ers are playin in this series? 7?

This will be an epic series and the Heat did come together strictly to defeat the Celtics since the Lebron and Wade could never get past Boston on their own.

But I have a question for you: did you just rate Chris Bosh as a future HOF'er? :eyebrow: because he's not. imo

COOLbeans
04-29-2011, 04:33 PM
One day, Miami and New York can battle it out in the Eastern Conference and then and only then will those two teams be in the conversation for the most hyped and epic series. Until then, it's the Celtics and the Lakers.

tredigs
04-29-2011, 04:37 PM
The proof will be in the Heat/C's pudding - classic performances by some of the games legends? Very possible, and I'm ready to eat it up.

Being that it's the first of this generations Heat and near the last of these Celtics, the stage is set for a series that goes down in history. We shall see...

The hype (for a 2nd round series) will be nowhere near what we might see out of these two.

ne3xchamps
04-29-2011, 04:45 PM
IF its a heat/lakers finals, I think that would have just as much hype as celtics/lakers. shaq going against kobe to try and beat him, have the same amount of rings. that would be must see TV as well. either way it should be a good series and I can't wait for sunday.

FriedTofuz
04-29-2011, 04:51 PM
Boston will probably will the series. They are an excellent defensive team, just like the heat, but have more depht than the heat. Kevin Garnet can really influence the series defensively. He has shown to lock down bosh. With wade and lebron soley running the team, that isnt enough in my opinion. boston has more debt than miami. Ill say Boston in 6.

JordansBulls
04-29-2011, 04:55 PM
This upcoming series between Boston and Miami has been one of the most hyped match ups in a long time.
Where do you rank this match up among other incrediblly hyped match ups in the past?

Cleveland and Boston last year was pretty hyped.

mikealike305
04-29-2011, 04:56 PM
Boston will probably will the series. They are an excellent defensive team, just like the heat, but have more depht than the heat. Kevin Garnet can really influence the series defensively. He has shown to lock down bosh. With wade and lebron soley running the team, that isnt enough in my opinion. boston has more debt than miami. Ill say Boston in 6.

lol thanks for your opinion but this doesnt really answer the thread....

Purple&Gold24
04-29-2011, 05:08 PM
Heat win in 5 :hide:

Iodine
04-29-2011, 05:13 PM
In the words of lil b "y'all threads be gay"

Seriously though, this is a manufactured rivalry that makes me wonder how quick y'all forget suns-spurs, mavs-suns, lakers-kings, and even the ****ing wizards-cavs cluster**** that LeBron ALWAYS won as the most recent actual rivalries. This is hype yes, but there is no history at all behind it unless you want to pull SHAQ V WADE out of somewhere. In terms of these games, yes it should hopefully be a competitive series, but there is no true bad blood and the hype is man made. I will watch these games, and it will be a good series, but I don't buy the whole rival thing.

And to be honest, the celtics have at least two better rivalries right now, and historically three.

LayZbone
04-29-2011, 05:21 PM
Go chek the ratings. There are way more Boston and LA fans out there than Miami or Lebron fans.

Doesn't matter. Miami has been the biggest story of the season since last summer, and everyone is obsessed with Lebron whether they're a fan of him or not. Many people will tune in to hope that he fails. Plus having 3 of the top and most recognizable players in the world on the floor at once- Lebron, Kobe, Wade. Please....the ratings would set records.

mikealike305
04-29-2011, 05:39 PM
In the words of lil b "y'all threads be gay"

Seriously though, this is a manufactured rivalry that makes me wonder how quick y'all forget suns-spurs, mavs-suns, lakers-kings, and even the ****ing wizards-cavs cluster**** that LeBron ALWAYS won as the most recent actual rivalries. This is hype yes, but there is no history at all behind it unless you want to pull SHAQ V WADE out of somewhere. In terms of these games, yes it should hopefully be a competitive series, but there is no true bad blood and the hype is man made. I will watch these games, and it will be a good series, but I don't buy the whole rival thing.

And to be honest, the celtics have at least two better rivalries right now, and historically three.

Where did I say rivalry? And where did I say there was history behind this match up?try truly understanding the question before u respond.

drobe86
04-29-2011, 05:49 PM
It'll be a good series... I think the Heat have what it takes to win it though... Heat in 7

BleedingGreen9
04-29-2011, 07:43 PM
I think the match up lives up to all the hype going to be a great series.

but as a homer nonthing beats a celtics lakers final!

smith&wesson
04-29-2011, 07:54 PM
It will be a great series. i have a feeling the window of bostons contention is closing and this marks the begining of a new super team on the rise. it should be interesting to see if the all star vets, or the new blood will come out on top.

FriedTofuz
04-29-2011, 07:55 PM
great series indeed. I cant wait to see it! Get your popcorn ready, this is going to be a good one!

JB0B0
04-29-2011, 07:58 PM
Bulls fans beg to differ. #1 attendance every year; there are probably 5 bulls fans for every heat fan in the world.

Jewelz0376
04-29-2011, 08:03 PM
Bulls fans beg to differ. #1 attendance every year; there are probably 5 bulls fans for every heat fan in the world.

So you think a Boston vs Chi series would get more hype than bos vs mia series??

FriedTofuz
04-29-2011, 09:03 PM
So you think a Boston vs Chi series would get more hype than bos vs mia series??

Bos vs mia series has more hype than the bulls series. they will do better in ratings too.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
04-29-2011, 09:03 PM

Lol

How in the hell did you get that from what I posted? Seriously, break down my post and show me where I made it seem like the C's drafted Allen and KG. That sir, is what I call a reach.

MeloandAmare
04-29-2011, 09:07 PM
should be a great matchup between two very talented teams,i expect it to go atleast 6

BleedingGreen9
04-29-2011, 09:11 PM

off topic....i am in the military and have been all aorund the US and other countries. dont see very many bulls fans at all.. so in conclution maybe in your home town but all over the world negative

12evolution 9
04-29-2011, 09:22 PM
This will be an epic series and the Heat did come together strictly to defeat the Celtics since the Lebron and Wade could never get past Boston on their own.

But I have a question for you: did you just rate Chris Bosh as a future HOF'er? :eyebrow: because he's not. imo

dude how old are you and how long have you been watching basketball.
Two things i got a problem with the statements you've made.

1st ... The HEAT DID NOT COME TOGETHER TO GET PAST BOSTON, "BUT" to win CHAMPIONSHIPS. Also the HEAT ONLY PLAYED BOSTON once in the playoffs ever, LEbron had to played them more when he was in CAV's, but still he didnt join up with BOSH and WADE to get past Boston ... no They all got together to win CHAMPIONSHIPS ... and that party we had in MIAMI was for us and us only ... I dont know why you guys were even watching and speculating on what we (Miami) had just attainted. **** where all the comments about SHAQ coming to Miami the way he did with over 5,000+ people were infront of the Triple A Arena to greet him AND HE ALSO GUARANTEED CHAMPIONSHIPS BUT THE NATION DID NOT HAVE **** TO SAY UNTIL IT WAS LEBRON JAMES then ALL THIS BLAH BLAH came but w.e back to my point. So to atleast say Wade could never get past Boston on his own makes it seem like he has been trying for more than a year or two when in matter of fact it has only been once and after two then maybe you could say smthing like that.

2nd... Chris Bosh is not a HoF ??? really ? go ahead and believe that but he had done in Toronto those 7 years aint so easy to replace. Chris Bosh is Toronto's All Time Best Power Foward to ever put on that uniform. And Soon enough he will probably past PJ Brown for all time Miami Heat power fowards. But hey it was your OPINION, so i will let it be at that. Just IMO that was a HORRIBLE CRAPPY OPINION....again IMO.

dodie53
04-29-2011, 09:30 PM
LA vs heat > boston vs heat
imo.

Gootie42
04-29-2011, 09:52 PM
2nd... Chris Bosh is not a HoF ??? really ? go ahead and believe that but he had done in Toronto those 7 years aint so easy to replace. Chris Bosh is Toronto's All Time Best Power Foward to ever put on that uniform. And Soon enough he will probably past PJ Brown for all time Miami Heat power fowards. But hey it was your OPINION, so i will let it be at that. Just IMO that was a HORRIBLE CRAPPY OPINION....again IMO.

That's like saying Gerald Wallace should be in the Hall of Fame because he was the Bobcats' best SF.

Hoopsadvocate
04-29-2011, 10:16 PM

Ohh how foolish im about to make u look..

DO bulls fans get upity everytime theres not a thread about them that they feel the need to have to include themselves in it? I mean this is irrelevant as the number of fans dont matter at all its the number of interested people in the games and this is proof more people are intested in the heat than well any team in the NBA including ur precious bulls.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/04/12/espn-abc-to-deliver-their-highest-rated-nba-seasons/89214

ESPN and ABC are on pace to deliver their highest-rated and most-viewed NBA seasons as the 2010-11 campaign concludes Wednesday, April 13, on ESPN (according to Nielsen).

•ESPN and ABC both netted their largest audiences ever for the NBA on Christmas Day;
•Miami Heat/Los Angeles Lakers was ABC’s highest-rated NBA Christmas Day broadcast since 2004;
•this season, ESPN posted 11 of its top 20 highest-rated NBA regular-season telecasts of all time (nine seasons);
•New York Knicks/Miami Heat on Feb. 27 became ESPN’s third highest-rated NBA regular-season telecast;
•Heat/Orlando Magic on Oct. 29 was the most-viewed opening week NBA game ever on ESPN.

Wether u like it or not, love em or hate em ur all giving them attention and they are the team to watch so to answer the OP yea Heat/Boston matchup is one of the biggest hyped up ones because well of the HEAT really and having a similar team of superstars in the celtics also makes it very interesting.

Jewelz0376
04-29-2011, 10:33 PM

1st ... The HEAT DID NOT COME TOGETHER TO GET PAST BOSTON, "BUT" to win CHAMPIONSHIPS. Also the HEAT ONLY PLAYED BOSTON once in the playoffs ever, LEbron had to played them more when he was in CAV's, but still he didnt join up with BOSH and WADE to get past Boston ... no They all got together to win CHAMPIONSHIPS ... and that party we had in MIAMI was for us and us only ... I dont know why you guys were even watching and speculating on what we (Miami) had just attainted. **** where all the comments about SHAQ coming to Miami the way he did with over 5,000+ people were infront of the Triple A Arena to greet him AND HE ALSO GUARANTEED CHAMPIONSHIPS BUT THE NATION DID NOT HAVE **** TO SAY UNTIL IT WAS LEBRON JAMES then ALL THIS BLAH BLAH came but w.e back to my point. So to atleast say Wade could never get past Boston on his own makes it seem like he has been trying for more than a year or two when in matter of fact it has only been once and after two then maybe you could say smthing like that.

So is Vince Carter a hof'er in your mind too??

NBAfan4life
04-29-2011, 10:40 PM
Honestly I cant wait for this series. This could be one of the best of the playoffs IMO and I'm a Laker fan. Cant wait.

Other possible match ups that could happen that I'm pumped for are
LA@OKC
Bulls@celts/Heat
LA@East winner
OKC@East winner

Rego247
04-29-2011, 11:15 PM

how is it a horrible crappy opinion?? hes been to the playoffs 2 times in 7 years, and won a grand total of 3 games.

No he is not a HOF, based on what hes done. And don't bother telling that my opinion is crappy because i have watched all if not most of his games in those 7 years.

BKdoubleStacker
04-29-2011, 11:23 PM

That was borderline incoherent...and Bosh is no where near a HOFer. He has never even been the best PF in the league at any point. He is third fiddle on his team right now. Shaq didnt have a ESPN special where he shat on his former team and he didnt join forces with one of his biggest rivals.

albertc86
04-29-2011, 11:30 PM
Honestly, I would've liked this series a little more if Perkins was still in Boston but I'd like to see an epic series. If both teams are clicking on all cylinders it will be really exciting to see.

BKdoubleStacker
04-29-2011, 11:32 PM
If boston held on to perkins, I think the celtics would have a much easier time winning.

Now, it's a lot closer but I still got the celts in 6-7

xxcubs22xx
04-29-2011, 11:54 PM
Chris Bosh a HOF'er? Wtf? Evolution, you, my friend, possess the crappy opinion.

This series is gonna be the best so far.

COOLbeans
04-30-2011, 02:36 AM

dude. i dont care. im in my late 20's. and ive watched and followed basketball for most of my life. i come from a town that birthed Bill Russel and Gary Payton, Oakland, CA. All of a sudden you're a Chris Bosh fan. I bet you never cared about Bosh until he got to Miami. u have no taste in hof'ers. 'dude':rolleyes:

RulerSlick
04-30-2011, 10:04 AM

heat lead the NBA in in both home and more important road attendance

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance/_/sort/allPct

Heat = ratings this season

Heat have 8 of the 11 highest rated games on ESPN this season

Television’s infatuation with the Heat was never clearer than this week, when ABC passed up Game 1 of a potentially compelling Knicks-Celtics series, choosing instead to air the Heat’s playoff opener against a 76ers team that lacks superstars and national appeal.

An official briefed on the decision said ABC wanted the Heat on Saturday because the team — with all its star power — consistently produces strong ratings. Plus, ABC saw an opportunity to air Knicks-Celtics the following Sunday, after it carries Game 4 of Heat-76ers.

It speaks volumes about the Heat’s drawing power that ABC is opting for Miami instead of a Game 1 matchup between marquee franchises (Celtics, Knicks) with marquee players ( Carmelo Anthony, Amare Stoudemire, Paul Pierce, etc.).

Consider: ESPN this season had 11 of its 20 highest-rated NBA games since acquiring half the cable package nine years ago. Eight of those 11 involved the Heat.

“From a television standpoint, the Heat helped draw significant audience to games that otherwise wouldn’t have,” ESPN’s Mike Tirico said. “It will be even more in the playoffs because the quest of LeBron James for his first championship will be one of the overriding stories. All this was great theater until this point. The first year of this will be defined by do they win it and how far do they get? The payoff for TV will come in the playoffs.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/04/15/v-fullstory/2167972/sports-media-miami-heats-saturday.html#ixzz1KCg71CfV

A heat/lakers finals will get bigger ratings than the lakers/celtics and def a lakers/bulls

In order of pure media type

1.Heat vs lakers

2.heat vs Boston

3.lakers vs Boston

RulerSlick
04-30-2011, 10:10 AM
LA vs heat > boston vs heat
imo.

true story

MTar786
04-30-2011, 02:27 PM
if boston kept perkins i would have guaranteed a boston victory. but now with JO and nenad?? ummm... its a toss up. HCA is gonna help miami cuz without perkins and half a shaq this series is def going 7 and i dont know how miami would lose a game 7 at home. if they had a healthy shaq boston wins in 6. if they had kept perkins and had a healthy shaq boston would have won for sure in 6 games too.

JNA17
05-01-2011, 03:40 AM

Well obviously, there's only like what, five?

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-01-2011, 03:47 AM
I'm loving all of these second round series...with the exception of Bull-Hawks.

I would have liked to see Bulls-Magic instead...but I can't complain with these second round match ups.

In fact, I think this will be the most fun round in the entire playoffs this year. So many good match ups.

Anyway, I got Boston in 7.

Why?

Because I hate Lebron and Bosh. Do I need a real reason? This series is up for grabs.

gotoHcarolina52
05-01-2011, 03:48 AM
Well obviously, there's only like what, five?

Well, the Heat seem to have 10 times the amount of fans as the Marlins do, so I'd say 5 is about right. ;)

MacFitz92
05-01-2011, 04:16 AM
I don't see it being the most competitive series, or even one of the top two most competitive series in the semis.

People can "hype" it up all they want, it's really not bigger than some of the other matchups in the semis.

JNA17
05-01-2011, 04:18 AM
Well, the Heat seem to have 10 times the amount of fans as the Marlins do, so I'd say 5 is about right. ;)

well i could be wrong so forgive since i don't have exactly the best math skills :p