PDA

View Full Version : Mavs/Lakers set for a showdown in round 2.

dnewguy
04-29-2011, 06:51 AM
Heavyweight battle here, who comes out on top?

Niro
04-29-2011, 07:15 AM
lakers in 7 but can go either way

ragee
04-29-2011, 07:18 AM
I picked the Mavs in 6 but I am just being biased... I sure hope we can handle the Champs... I hate the Lakers but I am not going to deny that they are our toughest opponent... No offense to the other teams in the east but I do believe this if we can beat them, then there is a good chance we could beat any team that would come out of the east as well...

Iron24th
04-29-2011, 08:33 AM
I pick the Lakers in 6.
I think we matchup well with the mavs.

SP17
04-29-2011, 08:33 AM
Lakers in 6 or 7...This mavs team impressed me after beating the blazers..

JordansBulls
04-29-2011, 08:59 AM
Would be nice to see the Mavs pull off the upset but IMO they will need to win at least 2 games in LA.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2011/matchup/_/teams/mavericks-lakers

Raidaz4Life
04-29-2011, 09:01 AM
I just want to see a physical, hard fought series. I love watching the Lakers and Mavs play.

MacFitz92
04-29-2011, 09:02 AM
You know, I think the Mavs have what it takes to beat L.A, but we'll find out.

But Barkley had a point: Although the Lakers have a lot of players who can be a scoring spark, etc., the Mavericks have guys who can guard everyone relatively well. Nobody on the Lakers (or in the NBA for that matter) can really guard Nowitzki.

The good thing about the Mavs is if Nowitzki gets hot, he gets hot. There's really nothing you can do but either double team (which usually leads to an open shot for the Mavs) or watch him shoot over defenders (which usually leads to a score).

I'll go Mavs in 6.

Heater4life
04-29-2011, 09:15 AM
If the Mavs win this series, I think they come out of the West. I think this goes down to 7 games, Lakers with the win.

nolin
04-29-2011, 09:19 AM
you heard it. Kobe likes to close teams out away from home. since theres no way LA sweeps., ill take them in 6. This is by far the best frontcourt the mavs have had. its just to bad caron is out.

Hawkeye15
04-29-2011, 09:29 AM
I have the Lakers in 7. God I hate the Lakers, this pains me to predict.

rabueed
04-29-2011, 09:35 AM

haha, Hawkeye, you're a funny guy. :p

Anyways, I have Lakers in 5. Not knocking on the Mavs, I just think we match up extremely well with them. Homecourt advantage should help too. Nowitzki will get his no matter what.

key here is to take out their defense, namely Chandler. Get him in foul trouble and we'll be good to go.

Hawkeye15
04-29-2011, 09:52 AM
haha, Hawkeye, you're a funny guy. :p

Anyways, I have Lakers in 5. Not knocking on the Mavs, I just think we match up extremely well with them. Homecourt advantage should help too. Nowitzki will get his no matter what.

key here is to take out their defense, namely Chandler. Get him in foul trouble and we'll be good to go.

My best friend from college grew up in Temecula, and has lived in LA for the last 11 years now. He loves the Lakers. He and I go at it all the time haha

I may not like them, but I always respect them

Tarheels23
04-29-2011, 09:53 AM
Lakers in 5.

DoJoTheSlasher
04-29-2011, 09:56 AM
I am going to be realistic and say LA is gonna win the series but I am going to be hopeful and say Mavs in 6, which could be done.

Kidd vs. Fisher MAVS
Stevenson vs. Kobe LAKERS
Marion vs. Artest MAVS barely
Dirk vs. Gasol MAVS
Chandler vs. Bynum LAKERS barely

The key is not shutting down Kobe. We have Stevenson, Marion and Brewer to defend him. The key is stopping Bynum, Gasol and Odom (ESPECIALLY BYNUM!!!!)

Dirk is going to absolutely abuse Gasol as always. The thing that kills us though is low post game. Chandler can stop Bynum down low and limit him but it is going to be very hard. Odom and Bynum are going to be the key factors in this series.

I'm gonna say Mavs lose this first game and win game 2 heading back to Dallas. Dirk is gonna average 30 this series.

SteBO
04-29-2011, 10:12 AM
Lakers in full 7. Too much skill and versatility around the basket, and you see what happens when the Lakers are actually interested in a playoff series. In saying that, the Mavs have guys that guard LA's starters well. And I was impressed with their game 6 win @POR. Not that it has bearing on the next series, but it shows me that they have the mental toughness they haven't shown this year, especially after being deadlocked on a 2-2 series tie. Should be a fun to watch.

millerandco
04-29-2011, 10:21 AM
Mav's will struggle against the LA bigs. dont see them competing really. LA in 5 or 6 max

RaidersLakers24
04-29-2011, 10:27 AM
I am going to be realistic and say LA is gonna win the series but I am going to be hopeful and say Mavs in 6, which could be done.

Kidd vs. Fisher MAVS
Dirk vs. Gasol MAVS

The key is not shutting down Kobe. We have Stevenson, Marion and Brewer to defend him. The key is stopping Bynum, Gasol and Odom (ESPECIALLY BYNUM!!!!)

Dirk is going to absolutely abuse Gasol as always. The thing that kills us though is low post game. Chandler can stop Bynum down low and limit him but it is going to be very hard. Odom and Bynum are going to be the key factors in this series.

I'm gonna say Mavs lose this first game and win game 2 heading back to Dallas. Dirk is gonna average 30 this series.

Lol no way is Marion better then artest at this point! Ron has been a beast since the all-star break and lol at Bynum barely being errrr then Chandler it's actually he's clearly better then Chandler he dominated him the last game they
played as well! And dirk and gasol are pretty even

Iron24th
04-29-2011, 10:27 AM

But Barkley had a point: Although the Lakers have a lot of players who can be a scoring spark, etc., the Mavericks have guys who can guard everyone relatively well. Nobody on the Lakers (or in the NBA for that matter) can really guard Nowitzki.

The good thing about the Mavs is if Nowitzki gets hot, he gets hot. There's really nothing you can do but either double team (which usually leads to an open shot for the Mavs) or watch him shoot over defenders (which usually leads to a score).

I'll go Mavs in 6.

Cause there's anyone who can guard Kobe???

Avenged
04-29-2011, 10:33 AM
Would be nice to see the Mavs pull off the upset but IMO they will need to win at least 2 games in LA.

Is it really an upset? I don't see it..

Anyways, this is a match-up I'm very comfortable with. I would say Lakers in 5 but the Lakers tend to play really well at times, and other times they don't. So I'll say Lakers in 6, but the Mavs winning this series would not surprise me. This is a WCF match-up atmosphere.

Iron24th
04-29-2011, 10:38 AM

Kidd vs. Fisher MAVS
Dirk vs. Gasol MAVS

Chandler did a poor job on Bynum during the 3 previous games against L.A,Drew posted 16,7pts/11,7rbds in those 3 games.

I don't doubt Chandler as a defensive force,but I think Bynum is just too tough for him.

MacFitz92
04-29-2011, 10:43 AM
Cause there's anyone who can guard Kobe???

Shawn Marion and DeShawn Stevenson will both be tough defenders on Kobe. Not saying they'll shut him out by any means, but Kobe can't score at will (anymore). That's not to say Kobe couldn't go off for 30 any given night, which he'll probably do in the series, but when he's hot, there are multiple ways to slow him down.

A contested shot is a good shot for Dirk Nowitzki.

MacFitz92
04-29-2011, 10:46 AM
Lol no way is Marion better then artest at this point! Ron has been a beast since the all-star break and lol at Bynum barely being errrr then Chandler it's actually he's clearly better then Chandler he dominated him the last game they

You are funny.

Dstmccoy
04-29-2011, 10:57 AM
Lakers in 5!
We match up well with Dallas, and after playing lackadaisical in the first series, I think the team will come out charging to prove a point in this series. They better, because OKC is no joke right now.

The Final Boss
04-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Don't blink, its going to be a short one...

BlondeBomber41
04-29-2011, 11:20 AM
The Lakers IMO will win this series, but I am hoping for a Mavs victory of course. The Mavs have trouble guarding the bigs for the Lakers. Bynum/Gasol/Odom particulary killed us on the offensive glass in the last meeting, and the Lakers won two games despite the Mavs holding Kobe down.

I voted for the Mavs, but realistically prob the Lakers.

210Don
04-29-2011, 11:21 AM
what a great series
but mavs are too soft i say 6

JNA17
04-29-2011, 11:27 AM
I may not like them, but I always respect them

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14220012&postcount=275

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

JNA17
04-29-2011, 11:29 AM
Shawn Marion and DeShawn Stevenson will both be tough defenders on Kobe. Not saying they'll shut him out by any means, but Kobe can't score at will (anymore). That's not to say Kobe couldn't go off for 30 any given night, which he'll probably do in the series, but when he's hot, there are multiple ways to slow him down.

A contested shot is a good shot for Dirk Nowitzki.

Lamar Odom will be fine on Dirk imo

leftymo
04-29-2011, 11:29 AM
Heavyweight battle here, who comes out on top?

The Mavs are a good team, but I don't call this a heavy weight battle. As weird as it may sound, but a potential OKC/LAL could be a heavy weight battle, b/c the thunder have the bigs that play defense and could bother the LA bigs. Plus you have two legit superstars on the rise.

The Mavs have been and always will be mentally weak. They just won their first road playoff game in two years, they lost the season series 2-1 to the lakers, and won't have home court advantage. The two guys Bynum eats up over the last three years are Tyson Chandler and Spencer Haywood.

One is a jump shooting team, the other is the 3 time western finals representative and 2 time defending champions.

One team chokes away 23 point road leads, or even a 27 point 4th quarter lead against the lakers, or get outscored by kobe in 3 quarters...

This series might be "close" but the Lakers are superior... LA wins in 6.

RaiderLakersA's
04-29-2011, 11:35 AM
The question is will I even bother to watch it? Not to sound arrogant, because I've always thought that the NBA playoffs are about one round too long, but as competition goes I would prefer to see Lakers v. Spurs, or Lakers v. OKC. Lakers - Mavs is going to be a snoozefest for me.

Gibby23
04-29-2011, 11:42 AM
Lakers in 5 or 6.

Sadds The Gr8
04-29-2011, 11:47 AM

this.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-29-2011, 11:54 AM
Lakers in 4

Epic beatdown by the Lakeshow:dance:

Hawkeye15
04-29-2011, 12:00 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14220012&postcount=275

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

how is that disrespecting them? You are a reacher my friend

BlondeBomber41
04-29-2011, 12:16 PM
Don't blink, its going to be a short one...

Yeah, because you so easily finished off the 7th seed who was missing their All Star PF right.... why wouldn't you feel confident that it would be a short series?

Oh wait...

MFFL==FML
04-29-2011, 12:26 PM
what a great series
but mavs are too soft i say 6

''The Lakers have tricked you all season too!!''

Jays Claw
04-29-2011, 12:36 PM
The Mavs match up well against the Lakers and are a great defensive squad. The likes of Chandler, Marion, Haywood, and Stevenson will all show up defensively. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lakers lose two, or maybe even three games on their homecourt. Although ultimately, I say the Lakers move on to the WCF as they've proven to be the better team when comparing the two. Lakers should take this in six games, at most.

PrettyBoyJ
04-29-2011, 01:00 PM
Lakers in 5.. With the way Bynum and Artest are playing there in way over the heads if the Mavs think they can stop the Lakers

SP17
04-29-2011, 01:11 PM
The Mavs match up well against the Lakers and are a great defensive squad. The likes of Chandler, Marion, Haywood, and Stevenson will all show up defensively. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lakers lose two, or maybe even three games on their homecourt. Although ultimately, I say the Lakers move on to the WCF as they've proven to be the better team when comparing the two. Lakers should take this in six games, at most.

:confused: dont get what your saying...if that happens Lakers will have a big problem.. As far as losing 2 or 3 in a court..I wonder when was the last tym that happened in the last 3 years?

Lakers + Giants
04-29-2011, 01:14 PM
With the way Bynum and Artest are playing, I'll take lakers in 6 but I wouldn't be surprised if it's in 5.

BlondeBomber41
04-29-2011, 01:19 PM
The Mavs are a good team, but I don't call this a heavy weight battle. As weird as it may sound, but a potential OKC/LAL could be a heavy weight battle, b/c the thunder have the bigs that play defense and could bother the LA bigs. Plus you have two legit superstars on the rise.

The Mavs have been and always will be mentally weak. They just won their first road playoff game in two years, they lost the season series 2-1 to the lakers, and won't have home court advantage. The two guys Bynum eats up over the last three years are Tyson Chandler and Spencer Haywood.

One is a jump shooting team, the other is the 3 time western finals representative and 2 time defending champions.

One team chokes away 23 point road leads, or even a 27 point 4th quarter lead against the lakers, or get outscored by kobe in 3 quarters...

What a moronic post. Comparing these Mavs to the teams from like 2005. You do realize the only remaining Mavericks from those teams are Jason Terry and Dirk right?

What we were on the road in past years has nothing to do with this year. The Mavs had the best road record in the NBA this year I believe, they have the ability to win anywhere. They won in arguably the hardest place to win in the NBA in Portland (which btw the Lakers never seem to be able to do if memory serves me correctly) and the only reason they didn't win game 4 was because Brandon Roy pulled the performance of a lifetime out of his *** to save them.

Like I said in my first post, the Lakers are the favorite, but your cocky attitude is ridiculous seeing that you're basing it on things that aren't even relevant to the series.

Lakers + Giants
04-29-2011, 02:01 PM
What a moronic post. Comparing these Mavs to the teams from like 2005. You do realize the only remaining Mavericks from those teams are Jason Terry and Dirk right?

What we were on the road in past years has nothing to do with this year. The Mavs had the best road record in the NBA this year I believe, they have the ability to win anywhere. They won in arguably the hardest place to win in the NBA in Portland (which btw the Lakers never seem to be able to do if memory serves me correctly) and the only reason they didn't win game 4 was because Brandon Roy pulled the performance of a lifetime out of his *** to save them.

Like I said in my first post, the Lakers are the favorite, but your cocky attitude is ridiculous seeing that you're basing it on things that aren't even relevant to the series.

Lakers hav won 2 out of the last 3 at Portland. You should be worried that mavs struggle to win on the road in the playoffs because mavs have to win at least 1 at Lakers. Even if the mavs do, which i doubt, lakers are like .500 on the road since they got gasol. Ahhh, i love my lakers :)

Crackadalic
04-29-2011, 02:06 PM
Im gonna go on a limb and say the mavs beat the lakers in 6.

tredigs
04-29-2011, 02:41 PM
I really think the Mavs have the best/most consistent player in the series at this point, and Chandler is the piece that they've always needed to grab the (would be offensive) boards from the double headed monster that is Gasol/Bynum.

I am really, really looking forward to this series. I'm taking Mavs in 7.

TheHoopsProphet
04-29-2011, 02:52 PM
If anyone's going to beat the Lakers its going to take the full 7 games, but coupled with LA homecourt advantage amd Mavs road struggles, this will - at some point - be a series with LA coming out on top. Same goes for the Thunder in the WCF. They wont win a game 7 on the road. As a fan of Colby, I approve this series and am slightly worried that if this goes 7, Lakers may have a off-night. Its why I worry this will be the third year of Colby losing in finals because we will probably have to play a seventh game on the road.

Gibby23
04-29-2011, 02:54 PM
Abbott Lakers In 5 Adande Lakers In 6
Arnovitz Lakers In 7
Broussard Lakers In 6
Ford Lakers In 7
Hollinger Lakers In 5
Legler Lakers In 6
MacMahon Lakers In 7
McMenamin Lakers In 6 Rose Lakers In 6
Sheridan Lakers In 7
Stein Lakers In 7
Thorpe Lakers In 5
Wilbon Lakers In 5

Most ESPN people think 5 or 6 games for the Lakers. Not 1 pic for the Mavs.

LTBaByyy
04-29-2011, 02:56 PM
Everyone said the Blazers would win against the Mavs

so I am really not surprised!!! Chandler makes this team different

and plus Roddy will be back this series and Butler will be back in this series(middle/late)!!!!!

I am excited!!!!! :) Let's prove the doubters again!!

Gibby23
04-29-2011, 03:10 PM
Atleast Pau gets to go up against a softer big man than himself in Dirk.

championships
04-29-2011, 03:10 PM
Good news for the Mavs is if they lose, It won't be considered a choke job since lakers are favored here. Unless ofcourse they are up 3-0 then find a way to lose.

Lakers bigs will be too much for the Mavs. Dirk will get his but where will the help come from? Fisher can handle Kidd, Chandler is not the Answer in the middle against Bynum, Artest will shut down Marion, Kobe on Stevenson. I see no problem there.

Gibby23
04-29-2011, 03:13 PM
Stevenson better hit his open shots because Kobe will not be guarding him and will be roaming on D.

LTBaByyy
04-29-2011, 03:13 PM
If the Mavs win game 1 it will change everyone's views about the series

Rego247
04-29-2011, 03:17 PM
lakers in 6.

Gibby23
04-29-2011, 03:17 PM

Nope, the Lakers will win in 6 if Mavs win game 1. if the Mavs don't win game 1, this series will be over in 5. the only shot the Mavs have to make this a 7 game series is to win game 1. When it comes down to the Mavs, they are not that good of a team outside of Dirk.

Kidd was good 3 years ago, Marion is ok, Chandler is ok, and Stevenson sucks. they don't have a 2nd All Star type player, The Lakers have Gasol and he isn't even the best big man going on the Lakers right now.

championships
04-29-2011, 03:26 PM

Yeah your right. People will say "Ok Lakers in 6 instead of 5".

Chacarron
04-29-2011, 03:28 PM
Lakers in 5 or 7. It depends if we win on the road or not.

JNA17
04-29-2011, 03:30 PM
how is that disrespecting them? You are a reacher my friend

You had no problem with no hesitation or regret with a predicition like that a year in advance after the lakers just won another title and now all of a sudden you do the opposite. Respect is not quite the word I would use with your post.

Squad13
04-29-2011, 03:31 PM

I'll go Mavs in 6.

Lamar Odom is long and quick enough to do a good job on Dirk. We can guard Dirk much better than you can guard Kobe. How are you going to Guard pau with Bynum on the court?

poleandreel
04-29-2011, 03:40 PM
The **** I am reading in this thread is absolutley asinine. You call yourselves sports fans? How can anyone, who actually watches the NBA, actually say that the Lakers could beat the mavs in 5 games.

First of all, the lakers are not even that good and have struggled so much this year.

Second: The mavs would have had the best record in the NBA had dirk not been injured.

Third: The mavs have a deeper/better team and disposed of the blazers (who gave the lakers problems) in 6 games while the lakers could barely beat the worst team in the entire playoffs without their 2nd best player.

I will not be shocked if the Lakers win the series but to say it will happen in 5 or even 6 games is ridiculous. I cannot even believe some laker fans can say that and be serious.

This website is an absolute joke full of illogical posters.

RaiderLakersA's
04-29-2011, 03:45 PM

You're right. I'll change my pick from Lakers in 6 to Lakers in 6, but closing out on Dallas' home floor.

Bruno
04-29-2011, 03:46 PM
I like Dallas, I think this is one of the better squads they've put around Dirk. I look for the Laker bigs/Bryant to attack Chandler in the paint, and to attempt to keep him in foul trouble throughout the series. I don't think Dallas has enough; if they had Butler to make Bryants life miserable, I think it could go seven.

My Prediction: Lakers in six, close it out in Dallas. They split the first four games, LA wins game five and six. The Lakers are 11-1 in close out playoff games since 2008; I see the Lakers winning two in a row (win 3 & 4). IMO the only chance Dallas has is wining game five in Staples (and thats assuming they take care of their own home-court). LA has proven to be nearly impossible to beat once they are one game away from closing out the series.

If Dallas can push it to a seventh game, I don't see them stealing a game seven in Staples either :shrug:

Tanakid777
04-29-2011, 03:51 PM
Some of the homerism in this thread is laughable

JordansBulls
04-29-2011, 03:55 PM
Hopefully Butler returns.

championships
04-29-2011, 03:59 PM
I predict that the "Mavs Anti-Ref" Thread, in Mavs Forum, Blows up because the Mavs Defense (Chandler) is in foul trouble most of the series.

MacFitz92
04-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Based off of the responses in this thread, it looks like some naive fans will be in for a surprise. And it won't be because "Gasol played bad" or "Kobe wasn't 100%".

Dallas is just a deeper version of the Lakers.

poleandreel
04-29-2011, 04:11 PM
Based off of the responses in this thread, it looks like some naive fans will be in for a surprise. And it won't be because "Gasol played bad" or "Kobe wasn't 100%".

Agree with you except that when the Mavs win, people will blame it on Kobe's ankle/knee

Gibby23
04-29-2011, 04:12 PM

How are the deeper? The Lakers blow them away in terms of talent. LA has 4 of the 5 best players in this series. Kobe is better than anyone on the Mavs. Gasol, Bynum, and Odom are better than anyone on the Mavs outside of Dirk. The mavs may be deep, but it doesn't mean they have a guy next to Dirk that is an all star level player.

DRose7

:eyebrow: Russel Westbrook is a legit superstar??? :facepalm:

DoJoTheSlasher

Ask any other non homer Laker fan and they will tell you Dirk is clearly better. Did you see Dirk vs. Portland? Did you see Gasol vs New Orleans? Have you seen Dirk at all for the past 13 years?

Gibby23
04-29-2011, 04:14 PM
Ask any other non homer Laker fan and they will tell you Dirk is clearly better. Did you see Dirk vs. Portland? Did you see Gasol vs New Orleans? Have you seen Dirk at all for the past 13 years?

Gasol will have an eaiser series with Dirk and guarding him instead of Landry. I have seen Dirk the Last 13 years and I know his teams make early exits.

Tanakid777
04-29-2011, 04:14 PM
Easy there Fitz. While I think we are capable of taking them to seven, to say we are a deeper version of them may be a little off. Overall, we are deeper than LA, but they are much more "top heavy". We have no Odom or Bynum, much less a real number 2 like Gasol. If committee contributions max out, it could go 7, but I don't see that happening more than maybe twice. It could happen, but as a concrete prediction, I don't think it will. The worst part about this is that Dirk could average 30 on 46-49 % shooting, and a great number of idiots will still call him soft, and a choker

iggypop123
04-29-2011, 04:17 PM
the problem with dallas is if and when they go to the small guard lineup the lakers will just destroy them in the post with kobe or artest. in the regular season kidd couldnt go 3 seconds before getting benched due to foul trouble. dallas is a jumpshooting team the 3 will be the key for them. obviously the paint will be for the lakers

still1ballin
04-29-2011, 04:17 PM
I like Lakers. They match up well with the Mavs.

poleandreel
04-29-2011, 04:18 PM
:eyebrow: Russel Westbrook is a legit superstar??? :facepalm:

actually...yes. I can't imagine why you find that hard to believe?

oh wait...yes I can DROSE7:facepalm:

Tanakid777
04-29-2011, 04:19 PM
On another note, is anyone else surprised drobe hasn't come in here yet and predicted a Mavs sweep?

Lakers + Giants
04-29-2011, 04:22 PM

If Mavs lose gmae 1 all the mavs fans will change their predictions too. Phil is 48-0 when winning game 1. So if we win game 1, just place us in the WCF. :cool:

DRose7
04-29-2011, 04:24 PM
actually...yes. I can't imagine why you find that hard to believe?

oh wait...yes I can DROSE7:facepalm:

WAKE UP DUDE, Westbrook is an allstar, not a superstar, dont get that twisted.

Lakers + Giants
04-29-2011, 04:27 PM

Ask anyother non homer mavs fan and they will tell you that Bynum is on a whole different level than chandler. Pau is closer to Dirk's level than Chandler is to Bynum's. It's funny how some people think Chandler will stop Bynum :laugh:

J.Twiggy
04-29-2011, 04:36 PM
Lakers take the series in 6 games.

championships
04-29-2011, 04:37 PM
On another note, is anyone else surprised drobe hasn't come in here yet and predicted a Mavs sweep?

:laugh2: Yes.

Purple&Gold24
04-29-2011, 04:39 PM

Lol we'll see. This mavericks team is the best you've had. But calling them
a deeper version of the lakers, please. We can't use Gasol played bad because he won't, whos going to stop gasol? no one. Whos going to guard Dirk no one can. But for the Kobe wasn't 100% lol cant use that one either when was the last time he was 100%?

showtym24
04-29-2011, 04:46 PM
Lakers 6

championships
04-29-2011, 04:52 PM

:punish

FriedTofuz
04-29-2011, 05:13 PM
should be an interesting series. I look forward to seeing how the lakers defend Dirk. ill predict, lakers in 7

drobe86
04-29-2011, 05:52 PM
:laugh2: Yes.

No way would I say the Mavs in a sweep and I'm the biggest Mavs fan there is. This series will go 7 with my Mavs finally getting over the hump:)

DoJoTheSlasher
04-29-2011, 05:55 PM
Ask anyother non homer mavs fan and they will tell you that Bynum is on a whole different level than chandler. Pau is closer to Dirk's level than Chandler is to Bynum's. It's funny how some people think Chandler will stop Bynum :laugh:

Yes Chandler, the guy who finished 3rd in DPOY (should have been 2nd). Bynum is a legit top 5 center in the NBA while Chandler is top and if not he is 6 or 7. Dirk is a legit superstar, arguably top 5 player in the game while Gasol is a good 2nd star. Defensively, Chandler is better than Bynum but Bynum is way better offensively.

drobe86
04-29-2011, 05:57 PM
Gasol will have an eaiser series with Dirk and guarding him instead of Landry. I have seen Dirk the Last 13 years and I know his teams make early exits.

:facepalm: @ Gasol having an easier time guarding Dirk than Landry lol... And seriously Gasol gave you 8 and 5 vs. Landry... Gasols a bum, and easily one of the most overrated players in the NBA this year. In 2008 season and 09 season he was awesome. This year he's been ok.... nothing special

Gibby23
04-29-2011, 06:19 PM
:facepalm: @ Gasol having an easier time guarding Dirk than Landry lol... And seriously Gasol gave you 8 and 5 vs. Landry... Gasols a bum, and easily one of the most overrated players in the NBA this year. In 2008 season and 09 season he was awesome. This year he's been ok.... nothing special

I said Gasol will have an eaiser time scoring against Dirk because Dirk doesn't defent like landry.

Gibby23
04-29-2011, 06:21 PM
Yes Chandler, the guy who finished 3rd in DPOY (should have been 2nd). Bynum is a legit top 5 center in the NBA while Chandler is top and if not he is 6 or 7. Dirk is a legit superstar, arguably top 5 player in the game while Gasol is a good 2nd star. Defensively, Chandler is better than Bynum but Bynum is way better offensively.

Bynum is a better defender also and it isn't that close.

Lakers + Giants
04-29-2011, 07:06 PM

He was at the beginning of the season, but not since the all-star break. Bynum has been the 2nd best Center on both ends since the all-star break. Just watch this new and improved healthier Bynum own chandler.

jzero
04-29-2011, 07:11 PM
its so funny seeing how the cheer squad for both teams have come out and taken shots at each other
let the players do the talk

Iron24th
04-29-2011, 07:13 PM
Honestly I've never seen others fans overestimate their team more than mavs fans,you think,well dallas has never won anything in playoffs history,but lost a lot(1st round exit in 2010 and 2007,2nd round exit in 2009),they barely won one game against L.A this season and lost two (one close loss at dallas and one blowout loss at Staples),Bynum demolished Chandler in each of three games,so you think mavs fans will go humble at least going into this series,then...no way they talk crap loool...mavs fans will never stop to amaze me.

gatkins11
04-29-2011, 07:15 PM
Bynum is better than Chandler. I'm a huge Mavs fan, but I'm just being realistic.

Jenceman
04-29-2011, 07:22 PM

Bynum absolutely ***** on Chandler defensively as well. Howard is probably the only defensive center better. Hell I think Howard is the only better two way center in the league.

Jewelz0376
04-29-2011, 07:57 PM
its so funny seeing how the cheer squad for both teams have come out and taken shots at each other
let the players do the talk

:rolleyes:

how ironic coming from a heat fan...

DoJoTheSlasher
04-29-2011, 08:26 PM
Bynum absolutely ***** on Chandler defensively as well. Howard is probably the only defensive center better. Hell I think Howard is the only better two way center in the league.

That is ********. Chandler is a better defender. I will give Bynum the advantage though. I think he is the 2nd best center in the NBA. Saying that Bynum absolutely ***** on Chandler defensively is ********. Dirk absolutely ***** on Gasol. That is a fact.

championships
04-29-2011, 09:04 PM
Can't wait to see the Mavs fans using the Refs as an excuse to why they are losing. You guys know you will.

FriedTofuz
04-29-2011, 09:05 PM
Officiating needs to be amazing. Every little mistake can cost a game and really mess up the series. For us fans, i really hope they dont make any costly mistakes..

championships
04-29-2011, 09:09 PM
Now I can't wait for this to start :box:

still1ballin
04-29-2011, 09:22 PM
now i can't wait for this to start :box:

+1

DoJoTheSlasher
04-29-2011, 09:24 PM
Can't wait to see the Mavs fans using the Refs as an excuse to why they are losing. You guys know you will.

I'm sure Laker fans will ***** every time Dirk gets a call.

Kobes a Killer
04-29-2011, 09:31 PM
I've been asking for this for a while! Lakers in 6, probably 7 though

dnewguy
04-29-2011, 09:38 PM
Mavs are a better team, I picked them in 6 but I think they win in 4 or 5.

drobe86
04-29-2011, 09:39 PM

I think we're the better team but we're not sweeping LA...

Lakers + Giants
04-29-2011, 09:39 PM
too bad we have to wait until monday :(

drobe86
04-29-2011, 09:42 PM
It's funny how fans just act like the Lakers haven't had a lot of average moments this season. Getting blown out by Charlotte, losing to Cleveland etc... Lakers fans live off of the last 2 years too much. That has no bearing on what's gonna take place this season. For example, people said the Mavs would lose, with one prominent writer saying that we'd be swept. We're a fluke Saturday afternoon from Portland winning one game the whole series. And honestly we dominated 5 out of 6 games....

SP17
04-29-2011, 09:49 PM

:facepalm:

Bruno
04-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Wow. A lot of future sig. material being provided in this thread.

Not that I've ever quoted anyone in my sig.

SP17
04-29-2011, 09:55 PM
It's funny how fans just act like the Lakers haven't had a lot of average moments this season. Getting blown out by Charlotte, losing to Cleveland etc... Lakers fans live off of the last 2 years too much. That has no bearing on what's gonna take place this season. For example, people said the Mavs would lose, with one prominent writer saying that we'd be swept. We're a fluke Saturday afternoon from Portland winning one game the whole series. And honestly we dominated 5 out of 6 games....

you laugh at LA fans for talking about the last 2 seasons then you point out some average games this year.. Might as well talk about the last time our team face each other if you include those average moments you are implying..

oh and Dont compare us with portland.,this is a whole lot different team than that one.. You had HCA on that series this one you dont have it, LA is a proven team and when they want to win they will give their A game... Mavs have a chance of winning this if they beat LA in their HC 2 times if not Lakers in 6.

drobe86
04-29-2011, 10:00 PM
you laugh at LA fans for talking about the last 2 seasons then you point out some average games this year.. Might as well talk about the last time our team face each other if you include those average moments you are implying..

oh and Dont compare us with portland.,this is a whole lot different team than that one.. You had HCA on that series this one you dont have it, LA is a proven team and when they want to win they will give their A game... Mavs have a chance of winning this if they beat LA in their HC 2 times if not Lakers in 6.

we beat portland in the toughest arena to play in the nba... im not seeing ur point

kblo247
04-29-2011, 10:00 PM

Was it an average moment when LA was curb stomping Dallas in their last matchup to the point Terry had to cheapshot someone? Better yet, how many average moments did Dallas have if they finished with a worse record than LA?

kblo247
04-29-2011, 10:08 PM
we beat portland in the toughest arena to play in the nba... im not seeing ur point

I see your point and raise to you this fact: 4-18

That record is what Dirk's Mavericks have historically done at Staples, so you need to worry about winning at what is actually the toughest arena for your guys to win at

http://www.lakersuniverse.com/headtohead/season_lakers_mavericks.htm

Kobes a Killer
04-29-2011, 10:20 PM
It sounds like you're saying the last 2 years for the Lakers have been flawless with no average moments, and we're living off those 2 years. Guess what, the Lakers last 20-30 game last season we were like what? 1 or 2 games above .500?? Sounds like more than enough average if not below average moments to me. And what did we do??? We flicked the damn switch and won the chip. What about Boston last year? A 4th seed to the finals, plenty of average moments there. What I'm saying is no we're not living off the last 2 years becuase the last 2 years we've had our crappy moments and it meant nothing, it meant it was time to flick the switch. And NO ONE is saying we haven't had average moments this year, I'm pretty sure we we're all pissed at our performance before the all star break, then we all know what happened after that. Ya we lost to the Cavs, we also beat them by 50, ya we lost to the Bobcats, guess what we also lost to Sac Town and I'm pretty sure the Wizards, we also stomped you guys though! What are you trying to prove, everyone loses to crummy teams, it happens. Can't wait for Dallas, can't wait to win it in 6, can't wait for Mavs fans to start blaming the refs...

I see your point and raise to you this fact: 4-18

That record is what Dirk's Mavericks have historically done at Staples, so you need to worry about winning at what is actually the toughest arena for your guys to win at
http://www.lakersuniverse.com/headtohead/season_lakers_mavericks.htm

This, and this. Oh.... and THIS

nolin
04-29-2011, 10:27 PM

Dnewguy is a troll you cant pay much attention to him. he also thinks the heat will sweep Boston. this guy isnt even worth a facepalm

Lakers + Giants
04-29-2011, 10:28 PM
Drobe, i seriously doubt you'll even be on PSD when mavs are eliminated by the Lakers. You like to talk smack but aren't there when you're wrong.

SP17
04-29-2011, 10:29 PM

I think Portland and Charlotte are the 2 toughest arena for us Lakers..not the whole NBA..We just have a difficult time with those 2 teams at home.. If we just protect our HCA we win this one..

Lakers + Giants
04-29-2011, 10:30 PM

You have to win at the champs stadium and then not lose to the champs at home. THAT is the point. Get it now? Plus, if we win game 1 the series is over. . PJ is 48-0, good luck against those odds. :p

MacFitz92
04-29-2011, 10:32 PM
Interesting in how many Lakers fans really feel the need to talk smack to one Mavs fan.

It'll be a great series, and it can go either way.

SP17
04-29-2011, 10:33 PM
Dnewguy is a troll you cant pay much attention to him. he also thinks the heat will sweep Boston. this guy isnt even worth a facepalm

Hahaha..I know but just cant let that one go..

Jewelz0376
04-29-2011, 10:37 PM
Interesting in how many Lakers fans really feel the need to talk smack to one Mavs fan.

It can go either way but yet you think Mavs will win in 5??

Kobes a Killer
04-29-2011, 10:38 PM

Unfortunately most Mavs fans aren't as humble as you seem to be. I think we will win, but i'm not saying it's 100% and being dumb about it trying to say... Oh the Mavs lost to bad teams this year, we will beat you guys becuase of it. Some Mavs fans just sound really dumb. Everyone loses to bad teams...72-10 Bulls lost to the Raps...

_KB24_
04-29-2011, 10:39 PM
Lakers should beat them in 5. Their front court is still much too soft and I don't know if their role players can step up and make shots when it counts.

ragee
04-29-2011, 11:38 PM

I'll go Mavs in 6.

Let's just hope someone in a Laker uniform pulls a Chis Johnson on him... Hahahahaha...

What I don't like about us facing the Lakers is when we go small... Who's going to gurad Kobe? If we could contain Atrest and keep him cold, we could let Marion guard Kobe then Kidd on Artest but if Ron gets it going, then we are in trouble...

drobe86
04-29-2011, 11:44 PM
Was it an average moment when LA was curb stomping Dallas in their last matchup to the point Terry had to cheapshot someone? Better yet, how many average moments did Dallas have if they finished with a worse record than LA?

To counter that we lost 9 games with Nowitzki out of the lineup. I could make a case for us easily winning the WEst if he continues playing. We lost Dirk, Caron, Chandler, for significant games during the season. And for the record I believe we tied with the same record you guys had the head to head record on us. Game 1 is monday and time will tell... I'm done talking ****... I'll let Dirk and Co. do the rest of the talking

drobe86
04-29-2011, 11:49 PM
Drobe, i seriously doubt you'll even be on PSD when mavs are eliminated by the Lakers. You like to talk smack but aren't there when you're wrong.

Thats not true at all. I was even here when the Mavs blew the 23 point against Portland. I'm not going anywhere. I have a sigbet with a Lakers fan that says the loser deletes his account. I'm ok with that, but I'll still be back. I love PSD, there some real passionate and good fans on this site. It's going to be an outstanding series man I can't wait....

Lakers + Giants
04-30-2011, 12:19 AM
Thats not true at all. I was even here when the Mavs blew the 23 point against Portland. I'm not going anywhere. I have a sigbet with a Lakers fan that says the loser deletes his account. I'm ok with that, but I'll still be back. I love PSD, there some real passionate and good fans on this site. It's going to be an outstanding series man I can't wait....

THAT is the kind of post i like to see, no **** talking. Well, good luck then throughout the series. May the better team win. :hi5:

kblo247
04-30-2011, 12:22 AM
To counter that we lost 9 games with Nowitzki out of the lineup. I could make a case for us easily winning the WEst if he continues playing. We lost Dirk, Caron, Chandler, for significant games during the season. And for the record I believe we tied with the same record you guys had the head to head record on us. Game 1 is monday and time will tell... I'm done talking ****... I'll let Dirk and Co. do the rest of the talking

care to address the record @ staples?

Young2Kinsler
04-30-2011, 01:14 AM
Of course in my heart I want Dallas to win, but I think the Lakers take this in 4 or 5.

Iron24th
04-30-2011, 01:19 AM
Funny thing is mavs fans don't even consider to lose a series,I see them every year talking crap here since 2007,and the record is: 1st round exit in 2007,1st round exit in 2008,2nd round exit in 2009 and 1st round exit (again and again) in 2010.

The results? Mavs fans disappear until start of next season and then they told you all year long that their team will win it all without a doubt,until the next EARLY elimination.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-30-2011, 01:41 AM

lol

Wrigheyes4MVP
04-30-2011, 05:04 AM
Mavs in 6

I know the Lakers are the better team on paper, but I love the Mavs bench...and I think they are just playing better basketball right now.

I think the Mavs are playing with more chemistry than LA right now, and I think they will out play LA for the majority of this series. They will surprise a lot of people and close this series out at home in game 6.

I have no factual data or reasoning to explain my opinion. I just think Dallas is playing better basketball than LA at this moment.

ragee
04-30-2011, 08:43 AM
Of course in my heart I want Dallas to win, but I think the Lakers take this in 4 or 5.

Y2K, wtf??? I know, it is really hard for the Mavs to beat the Lakers but a sweep???

Lakers4ItAll
04-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Lakers should start Odom and have him guard Dirk

Tanakid777
04-30-2011, 01:28 PM

No you're not

Tanakid777
04-30-2011, 01:34 PM
Officiating needs to be amazing. Every little mistake can cost a game and really mess up the series. For us fans, i really hope they dont make any costly mistakes..

The playoffs wouldn't be the playoffs without shady officiating

Tanakid777
04-30-2011, 01:36 PM

As a Mavs fan.... What???? :confused:

This is code for "I'd rather my team play Dallas in the Finals than the Lakers." Just sayin

smith&wesson
04-30-2011, 01:40 PM
nice match up. its tough to call..

k24magic
04-30-2011, 02:30 PM
From all these posts it seems like no one is giving the Mavs a chance. Im going to say they beat the Lakers in 6. A lot of good matchups all around. The Mavs are probably the only team in the West that can match LA's size and they have a very good bench. The Lakers have been up and down all season. Both teams can win on the road and they have the top 10 best players in this series. Dirk is a matchup nightmare for the Lakers frontline. The Mavs have about 3 or 4 players to throw at Kobe and they all have size, strength, quickness, and length to make him work.

The key to this series is REBOUNDING the Lakers pretty much grab every rebound they miss most of the time with guys like Bynum, Odom, Gasol. Dallas must rebound because in the Portland series they had tough time grabbing boards so I think thats key for them if Dallas can rebound they will just fine.

I think PG matchup is key as well Fisher is going from Chris Paul to Jason Kidd. Fisher doesnt have the quickness to guard Paul but, he does have it to guard Kidd. Still, Kidd is going to take Fisher in the post and he also is going to push the basketball. The Gasol/Dirk matchup all this Pau is going to kill Dirk and all that. Dirk is going to the same thing at the other end and the thing is Dirk is UNGUARDABLE. You can put Odom, Artest, Gasol, Bynum, and Barnes and it doesn't matter. Kobe will be Kobe but, he is going to have to work a lot harder to score.

Last but not least the benches. I think that favors Dallas. Odom has always been the most consistent player off the bench for the Lakers but, after him who is going to show up. The Mavs on the other hand have Terry, Barea, Roddy B, Haywood, and Stevenson they have alot of weapons.

This is going to be a close series but, I think the Mavs does the unthinkable and takes out the Lakers in 6. Cant wait till Monday night.

Young2Kinsler
04-30-2011, 02:42 PM
Funny thing is mavs fans don't even consider to lose a series,I see them every year talking crap here since 2007,and the record is: 1st round exit in 2007,1st round exit in 2008,2nd round exit in 2009 and 1st round exit (again and again) in 2010.

The results? Mavs fans disappear until start of next season and then they told you all year long that their team will win it all without a doubt,until the next EARLY elimination.

Almost every Mavs fan here outside a select few have said we WANT Dallas to win, but expect LA to.

What are you talking about?

dnewguy
04-30-2011, 02:46 PM

This is code for "I'd rather my team play Dallas in the Finals than the Lakers." Just sayin

Wrong, i'll rather we play the Lakers. The Mavs are too deep plus J Kidd outclasses our pgs.

In short, I will rather face Derick Fisher and Kobe than j Kidd and Dirk.

Iron24th
04-30-2011, 02:51 PM
Almost every Mavs fan here outside a select few have said we WANT Dallas to win, but expect LA to.

What are you talking about?

Not sure if you read all the posts...

The Jokemaker
04-30-2011, 02:53 PM
Tough series. Mavs have the pieces to matchup well with LA. Should be a great series but I've got Lakers in 7.

SP17
04-30-2011, 03:06 PM
From all these posts it seems like no one is giving the Mavs a chance. Im going to say they beat the Lakers in 6. A lot of good matchups all around. The Mavs are probably the only team in the West that can match LA's size and they have a very good bench. The Lakers have been up and down all season. Both teams can win on the road and they have the top 10 best players in this series. Dirk is a matchup nightmare for the Lakers frontline. The Mavs have about 3 or 4 players to throw at Kobe and they all have size, strength, quickness, and length to make him work.

The key to this series is REBOUNDING the Lakers pretty much grab every rebound they miss most of the time with guys like Bynum, Odom, Gasol. Dallas must rebound because in the Portland series they had tough time grabbing boards so I think thats key for them if Dallas can rebound they will just fine.

I think PG matchup is key as well Fisher is going from Chris Paul to Jason Kidd. Fisher doesnt have the quickness to guard Paul but, he does have it to guard Kidd. Still, Kidd is going to take Fisher in the post and he also is going to push the basketball. The Gasol/Dirk matchup all this Pau is going to kill Dirk and all that. Dirk is going to the same thing at the other end and the thing is Dirk is UNGUARDABLE. You can put Odom, Artest, Gasol, Bynum, and Barnes and it doesn't matter. Kobe will be Kobe but, he is going to have to work a lot harder to score.

Last but not least the benches. I think that favors Dallas. Odom has always been the most consistent player off the bench for the Lakers but, after him who is going to show up. The Mavs on the other hand have Terry, Barea, Roddy B, Haywood, and Stevenson they have alot of weapons.

This is going to be a close series but, I think the Mavs does the unthinkable and takes out the Lakers in 6. Cant wait till Monday night.

You included Stevenson and Haywood as weapons but wont recognize what the lakers bench have...lol

SP17
04-30-2011, 03:08 PM
Can someone search pr post the averages of Dirk against LA the last 3-4 yrs..I want to know..thanks.

still1ballin
04-30-2011, 03:14 PM
Lakers in 3

DoJoTheSlasher
04-30-2011, 03:21 PM
Can someone search pr post the averages of Dirk against LA the last 3-4 yrs..I want to know..thanks.

2007-2008
Game 1: 26 points 10 rebounds 3 assists
Game 2: 30 points 13 rebounds 5 assists
Game 3: 35 points 11 rebounds 5 blocks
Game 4: 27 points 4 rebounds 3 assists

2008-2009
Game 1: 14 points 8 rebounds 1 assist
Game 2: 19 points 12 rebounds 4 assists
Game 3: 20 points 5 rebounds 2 assists

2009-2010
Game 1: 21 points 10 rebounds 1 assist
Game 2: 22 points 8 rebounds 1 assist
Game 3: 30 points 16 rebounds 2 assists
Game 4: 31 points 9 rebounds 1 assist

2010-2011
Game 1: 14 points 8 rebounds 3 assists
Game 2: 25 points 10 rebounds 6 assists
Game 3: 27 points 13 rebounds 2 assists

Geargo Wallace
04-30-2011, 03:23 PM
I picked Lakers in 6, but I hope the Mavs trample their candy *****.

DoJoTheSlasher
04-30-2011, 03:23 PM
You included Stevenson and Haywood as weapons but wont recognize what the lakers bench have...lol

Lamar Odom, Matt Barnes, Steve Blake, Shannon Brown. Odom is the only consistent one there. I have heard Laker fans say they want Brown off the team. Barnes is decent as is Blake. Mavs by far have the better bench overall but Lakers are still the better team. At least give us Dirk and the bench lol as easily better. Odom is 3x better than Terry though.

Iron24th
04-30-2011, 03:32 PM
Lakers in 3

Loool

championships
04-30-2011, 03:55 PM
Unfortunately most Mavs fans aren't as humble as you seem to be. I think we will win, but i'm not saying it's 100% and being dumb about it trying to say... Oh the Mavs lost to bad teams this year, we will beat you guys becuase of it. Some Mavs fans just sound really dumb. Everyone loses to bad teams...72-10 Bulls lost to the Raps...

Don't let him fool you.

_KB24_
04-30-2011, 05:11 PM
Wrong, i'll rather we play the Lakers. The Mavs are too deep plus J Kidd outclasses our pgs.

:laugh2:

Sig worthy material here.

koreancabbage
04-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Lakers for sure this time around. The Mavs bigs are less physical than the NOH's bigs (cuz they were smaller so they needed to be more aggressive every time)
Dirk and Chandler aren't ones you would say they are physical players.

Gasol will probably better this series due to Nowitzki's less-aggressive defense. And you wouldn't need to worry about chandler's offensive touches as well. its non-existant. Fisher will probably play better since Jason Kidd isn't as quick as he used to be.

Lakers still the better team overall, Mavs fans can be optimistic all they want but Lakers are still the team to beat.

SP17
04-30-2011, 09:00 PM
2007-2008
Game 1: 26 points 10 rebounds 3 assists
Game 2: 30 points 13 rebounds 5 assists
Game 3: 35 points 11 rebounds 5 blocks
Game 4: 27 points 4 rebounds 3 assists

2008-2009
Game 1: 14 points 8 rebounds 1 assist
Game 2: 19 points 12 rebounds 4 assists
Game 3: 20 points 5 rebounds 2 assists

2009-2010
Game 1: 21 points 10 rebounds 1 assist
Game 2: 22 points 8 rebounds 1 assist
Game 3: 30 points 16 rebounds 2 assists
Game 4: 31 points 9 rebounds 1 assist

2010-2011
Game 1: 14 points 8 rebounds 3 assists
Game 2: 25 points 10 rebounds 6 assists
Game 3: 27 points 13 rebounds 2 assists

Thanks for this..:clap::clap:

SP17
04-30-2011, 09:08 PM
Lamar Odom, Matt Barnes, Steve Blake, Shannon Brown. Odom is the only consistent one there. I have heard Laker fans say they want Brown off the team. Barnes is decent as is Blake. Mavs by far have the better bench overall but Lakers are still the better team. At least give us Dirk and the bench lol as easily better. Odom is 3x better than Terry though.

I am not arguing about who has the better bench since its pretty obvious mavs are deeper and better in that category..I was replying to a post of your fellow mavs fan who consider Haywood and Stevenson as weapons off the bench but would only give credit to LO from the LA bench and only he shows up consistently.. now tell me does those 2 players play consistent? I dont think so..

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-01-2011, 12:05 AM
I keep hearing people say that the Mavs bigs are too soft, but I think they match up well.

Dirk matches up well with Gasol IMO. I don't feel like Dirk is any softer than Gasol. They are both finesse big men. Dirk just happens to be a more talented scorer. That is why he takes those fade away jumpers. However, Dirk is just as capable as Gasol when it comes to scoring in the paint and using a soft tough around the basket. Dirk can score inside too. Advantage Dirk.

As far as Chandler vs. Bynum goes....Well Bynum does have the size advantage, but you can't say that Chandler isn't tough. The guy has tremendous heart.

Plus, Dallas also has Haywood off the bench. Thats another 7 footer for Dallas. They are one of the few teams, if any, that can match up to LA's size.

Basically, my point is, that I don't feel that LA has the advantage as far as size goes. In fact, if anything, that advantage goes to Dallas, but its very close.

But, IMO, LA has the huge advantage in the fact that they have Kobe. Plain and simple. The Mavs don't have a guard that has the size, strength, or ability to even come close to matching up to Kobe on either side of the ball.

Thats just my analysis.

I picked the Mavs to win in 6, but I am just biased against the Lakers. My real opinion is that LA will win in 6 or 7. I do think this series will be very competitive. I don't care what these team's histories suggest. I see two evenly matched teams for the most part, but LA has Kobe, and they also have Home Court Advantage.

Basically, if Dallas wants to win this series, J Kidd and Terry are gonna have to play out of their minds.

tjlipford
05-01-2011, 12:48 AM
I hope Dallas fans don't get too offended, but LA is not losing this series. Dallas will compete don't get me wrong, but I don't see LA losing. LA know it's time for business and Dallas doesn't really have any tough defenders that will give Kobe hell. I picked LA to win in 6, but I wouldn't be surprised if they won in 5. It will be a entertaining series, that I don't see LA losing

Nighthawk
05-01-2011, 12:49 AM
Dirk is one of my favorite players. Mavs one of my favorite Western conference teams. Theres just no way i can see them beating L.A. Id love to see Dallas knock off the champs, and move on but i got L.A in 7. Chandler has been a great addition bringing MUCH NEEDED inside presence and defense. Chandler/Dirk/Haywood is a nice lengthy tandem to throw at Gasol/Bynum.

Kidd/Fisher--ADV DALLAS
Kobe/Terry--ADV L.A
Artest/Marion-- EVEN
PAU/DIRK--EVEN
Bynum/Chandler--ADVANTAGE L.A
Bench-- EVEN

L.A IN 7

TheRunKiller
05-01-2011, 12:59 AM
Lakers in full 7. Too much skill and versatility around the basket, and you see what happens when the Lakers are actually interested in a playoff series. In saying that, the Mavs have guys that guard LA's starters well. And I was impressed with their game 6 win @POR. Not that it has bearing on the next series, but it shows me that they have the mental toughness they haven't shown this year, especially after being deadlocked on a 2-2 series tie. Should be a fun to watch.

this

kblo247
05-01-2011, 01:01 AM
Dirk is one of my favorite players. Mavs one of my favorite Western conference teams. Theres just no way i can see them beating L.A. Id love to see Dallas knock off the champs, and move on but i got L.A in 7. Chandler has been a great addition bringing MUCH NEEDED inside presence and defense. Chandler/Dirk/Haywood is a nice lengthy tandem to throw at Gasol/Bynum.

Kidd/Fisher--ADV DALLAS
Kobe/Terry--ADV L.A
Artest/Marion-- EVEN
PAU/DIRK--EVEN
Bynum/Chandler--ADVANTAGE L.A
Bench-- EVEN

L.A IN 7

I have problems with what you said.

Playoff Fisher, not regular season you got a 28min cap, but playoff Fisher can basically cancel out playoff Kidd at this stage of his career. He is out shooting Kidd as of right now and in the second round just last season he didn't get dominated by Deron Williams who bent Chauncey Billups over the round before

You also have Terry and Marion starting, so who left on that Dallas bench matches what Odom does to break them even, I'll give you the B's, but Odom's talent level and consistency is significantly above everyone who you excluded from that list above when you compare benches, so how are they even?

DoJoTheSlasher
05-01-2011, 01:06 AM
To everyone out on this forum, Dirk has the clear advantage over Pau Gasol....

And none of us Mavs fans are offended that you say we are going to lose to Kobe Bryant and Phil Jackson...

SP17
05-01-2011, 01:11 AM

And none of us Mavs fans are offended that you say we are going to lose to Kobe Bryant and Phil Jackson...

your one of the few mavs fans I really like and respect here at psd..:clap::clap:

kblo247
05-01-2011, 01:36 AM

I'm not going to disagree with that. You know why? Dirk is the better PF, hell he is flat out the best PF in the league. Yet and still, late in games it won't be Pau on Dirk, Odom will be the one with that job and he holds him to 45% shooting so I like that chance. I know Lamar will make him work for that shot, which at the end of the day is all you can ask since there is no stopping Dirk, just like you can't expect Marion to stop Kobe

DoJoTheSlasher
05-01-2011, 01:58 AM
I'm not going to disagree with that. You know why? Dirk is the better PF, hell he is flat out the best PF in the league. Yet and still, late in games it won't be Pau on Dirk, Odom will be the one with that job and he holds him to 45% shooting so I like that chance. I know Lamar will make him work for that shot, which at the end of the day is all you can ask since there is no stopping Dirk, just like you can't expect Marion to stop Kobe

This is how I view it. You cannot stop Dirk. Never. No one. Only way you can is by triple teaming him (Golden State) or he just misses. He is a 7 footer with Ray Allen's touch and he has finally realized he can take it to the hole. Kobe can be stopped occasionally because he is a normal sized shooting guard with a SG skillset. Is he better than Dirk? Of course, no one is gonna argue that (although in terms of clutch they are about even). Kobe is top 10 players of all time. It's wierd but what I said about Dirk and Kobe are true. Dirk is unstoppable and Kobe is the better player. Overall, Marion has a better chance of locking down Kobe than anyone on LA has of locking down Dirk. I don't expect Marion too but you never know. I respect Kobe unlike some here who think he isn't as good as his resume shows. Same with Dirk. He is an all time great. A legend yet some treat him as some role player who isn't good.

Geargo Wallace
05-01-2011, 02:41 AM
both teams played hard

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-01-2011, 04:07 AM
Player ranking in this series (just for the hell of it):

Kobe (LAL)
Dirk (DAL)
Gasol (LAL)
Odom (LAL)
Terry (DAL)
Bynum (LAL)
Chandler (DAL)
Kidd (DAL)
Artest (LAL)
Marion (DAL)
Peja (DAL)
Fisher (LAL)
Barea (DAL)
Brown (LAL)
Haywood (DAL)
Barnes (LAL)
Stevenson (DAL)
Blake (LAL)

Those seem to be all the guys who will play a role in this series. LAL (as we obviously know) has the more premium talent at the top, but Dallas, IMO, is the deeper team of the two.

MacFitz92
05-01-2011, 04:25 AM

Kobe (LAL)
Dirk (DAL)
Gasol (LAL)
Odom (LAL)
Terry (DAL)
Bynum (LAL)
Chandler (DAL)
Kidd (DAL)
Artest (LAL)
Marion (DAL)
Peja (DAL)
Fisher (LAL)
Barea (DAL)
Brown (LAL)
Haywood (DAL)
Barnes (LAL)
Stevenson (DAL)
Blake (LAL)

Those seem to be all the guys who will play a role in this series. LAL (as we obviously know) has the more premium talent at the top, but Dallas, IMO, are the deeper team of the two.

No, no, and no. Player rankings are irrelevant to anything in this series, and your list is very wrong, and uses a strict bias offensively. The only thing that matters is how each player contributes, and their level of importance in this series.

I can tell you right now, more than Dirk, Kobe, or Gasol: Tyson Chandler will be the most important player in the series. Dirk will get his, Kobe will get his, but Tyson Chandler has to control the inside. Nobody can stop Dirk. Realistically, people can only slow Kobe, but he's still getting his. But Tyson has the ability to control the paint defensively, and we'll see if he can do it in a playoff atmosphere.

championships
05-01-2011, 05:05 AM
The Lakers bigs are going to be too much for the Mavs. I know the Mav fans think that Chandler is the difference but Bynum just pushes him around. Bynum is listed at 285, thats 50 more pounds than Chandler weighs. Bynum uses that advantage well vs Chandler, he is averaging 16.7 points on 70.4 percent shooting with 11.7 rebounds against Dallas. Chandler, 5.7 points and 8.7 rebounds on 46.2 percent shooting against the Lakers.

Iron24th
05-01-2011, 05:10 AM

Kobe (LAL)
Dirk (DAL)
Gasol (LAL)
Odom (LAL)
Terry (DAL)
Bynum (LAL)
Chandler (DAL)
Kidd (DAL)
Artest (LAL)
Marion (DAL)
Peja (DAL)
Fisher (LAL)
Barea (DAL)
Brown (LAL)
Haywood (DAL)
Barnes (LAL)
Stevenson (DAL)
Blake (LAL)

Those seem to be all the guys who will play a role in this series. LAL (as we obviously know) has the more premium talent at the top, but Dallas, IMO, is the deeper team of
the two.

Terry ahead of Bynum??? Really?

eugene
05-01-2011, 05:49 AM
i would really like to see Mavs in conf. finals!

jzero
05-01-2011, 07:15 AM
i don't think any1 is scared of the mavs
but i also want the lakers so i hope they win

dnewguy
05-07-2011, 08:37 AM

I think we're the better team but we're not sweeping LA...

:laugh2:

Sig worthy material here.

Hahaha..I know but just cant let that one go..

At some point people have got to start giving me credit around here, I am the ONLY one who said Dallas in 4 or 5, y'all laughed at me.

LakersIn5
05-07-2011, 08:58 AM
^the series aint over yet so dont get too excited

dnewguy
05-07-2011, 09:07 AM
^the series aint over yet so dont get too excited

ok, but you do understand that reality also apply to the Lakers right?

DenButsu
05-07-2011, 10:06 AM
This just might be the defining stat of this series:

-------

tomhaberstroh Tom Haberstroh
Via @ESPNStatsInfo, Dirk is shooting 19-for-25 (76%) when guarded by Gasol this series. 13-for-32 (41%) vs. all others.