PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard this summer

JAHRONMON
04-29-2011, 02:48 AM
To me whenever he was talking to the media at the post game confrence he didn't seem like he was worried it was lime he had the attitude " why does it matter i ain't coming back next year".
That being said

Where will he be next year.

He could get traded for Bynum straight up
( I know its unfair, yes im a laker fan but im not saying this because im ma dumb greedy laker fan im saying this because it makes sense, if he wants to get traded orlando is forced d to trade him and at least they get Bynum)
If he went to the lakers he wouldn't have so much pressure on him to make offensive plays, he would just grab rebounds dunk it ipback in block shots and play defense.

I guess he could go to the nets but for who?

Where do you guys think he will end up?

Is he done in Orlando?

Could the bulls get him?

Culd the magic get another superstar to compliment Dwight like igoudala?

Master Mind
04-29-2011, 02:53 AM
To me whenever he was talking to the media at the post game confrence he didn't seem like he was worried it was lime he had the attitude " why does it matter i ain't coming back next year".
That being said

( I know its unfair, yes im a laker fan but im not saying this because im ma dumb greedy laker fan im saying this because it makes sense, if he wants to get traded orlando is forced d to trade him and at least they get Bynum)
If he went to the lakers he wouldn't have so much pressure on him to make offensive plays, he would just grab rebounds dunk it ipback in block shots and play defense.

Is he done in Orlando?

Could the bulls get him?

Maybe.

ORL, NJ or LA.

Maybe.

No.

Maybe.

Raph12
I can't see him staying unless the team undergoes a major change that would make him think he has a chance to win in Orlando...

Hellcrooner
he already said where he would want to play and with who.

Purple&Gold24
04-29-2011, 02:59 AM
He is going to stay. Stan is going to get fired.

Hellcrooner
04-29-2011, 03:02 AM
He is going to stay. Stan is going to get fired.

Arenas Contract.

I would NOT stay.
you CANT get any pieces with Arenas contract on board.
Unless Fran Vazquez signs and is much better than even I expect him to be ( wich is highly unlikely)
or Magic are in a dead end.
Lets hope Bynum does not injury in teh remaining of the playoffs so he looks shinny enough for the S and T

ShaneMc4
04-29-2011, 03:04 AM
Haha I bet that title made all of you mad, but seriously lets get to the point. Who thinks dwight howard will stay in orlando it is a slim possibility especially with the magics early exit in the playoffs first round..

It would be possible for miami to work a deal to send bosh to orlando for dwight howard or put together a package including mike miller with bosh for jameer nelson and dwight howard it would work out.. I haven't heard this anywhere yet so I would like some peoples opinion on this, I really doubt the heat will trade bosh if they make it to the finals but if they have an early exit against boston pat riley will get to work and at the end of the day the nba is a business no matter how good of friends bosh is with the other 2 stars wade and lebron.. this is just speculation of what could possibly happen and in my opinion I would rather have bosh then andrew bynum.. bosh is an allstar and a steady player and I think the magic wouldn't slip as bad in terms of wins if they got bosh opposed to players from the nets.. I think this is a huge possibility and I do think pat riley can get a deal done if the boston celtics send the heat packing early then expected..

On the otherhand I don't think dwight howard would mind going down to miami just a few hours from orlando..

I'm new here so thanks for reading and thanks if you respond with a good input :D

bholly
04-29-2011, 03:05 AM
Chance of getting Iggy specifically is about as close to zero as I can really comprehend. (You also can't seriously be calling Iggy a superstar?) I don't really see, with their assets, how they could get anyone else enough to placate Dwight, either.

I also don't think Orlando move him this summer. Firstly they'll want to convince him to stay, and secondly if they decide he's definitely gone, they'll drag it out as long as they can, having watched the Nuggets do well by doing it. The dynamics are a little different this time, with the Melo extension not coming into it, but I still think waiting it out will be their best bet.

Hellcrooner
04-29-2011, 03:06 AM
Chance of getting Iggy specifically is about as close to zero as I can really comprehend. (You also can't seriously be calling Iggy a superstar?) I don't really see, with their assets, how they could get anyone else enough to placate Dwight, either.

I also don't think Orlando move him this summer. Firstly they'll want to convince him to stay, and secondly if they decide he's definitely gone, they'll drag it out as long as they can, having watched the Nuggets do well by doing it. The dynamics are a little different this time, with the Melo extension not coming into it, but I still think waiting it out will be their best bet.

except Melo thing is an exception.

Nuggets only got that much because Melo was greedy and didnt want to risk that the NEW CBA made the max salary lower than it is today.

If there wouldnt have been that situation denver gets less or gets nothing since he woudl ahve waited for the summer and sign free to NY.

LakersIn5
04-29-2011, 03:07 AM
dont see it happening

Hellcrooner
04-29-2011, 03:08 AM
they can get better things than bosh.

They will probably be offered things like Mayo+pick+ Marc Gasol , Bynum(or even Pau) and picks, Half of bOSTONs expiring teams +picks and so on and on.

ShaneMc4
04-29-2011, 03:10 AM

They will probably be offered things like Mayo+pick+ Marc Gasol , Bynum(or even Pau) and picks, Half of bOSTONs expiring teams +picks and so on and on.

Maybe but it does seem pretty attractive and maybe pat can put something together?

JAHRONMON
04-29-2011, 03:11 AM

Really, they have all summer to drag it out, Its not like there going to het 3 to 5 guys for him like the nuggets did think of the Shaquille trade to Miami, what did the lakers get odom and butler And grant as a throw in. Did the lakers drag that trade out? Not really, i can see him for bynum straight up or artest and bynum for Nelson and Dwight because the lakers need a pg.

Master Mind
04-29-2011, 03:12 AM
Not happening

ShaneMc4
04-29-2011, 03:14 AM
Not happening

That my friend is what everyone said about lebron and bosh joining wade.

Raph12
04-29-2011, 03:15 AM
Not happening, Bosh is garbage defensively, the Magic don't want to be Toronto 2.0.

ShaneMc4
04-29-2011, 03:17 AM
Not happening, Bosh is garbage defensively, the Magic don't want to be Toronto 2.0.

They want to be cleveland? What better deal can they get for howard? Who else is going to give them a player as good as bosh or better? Lakers will give them bynum what good will bynum be for them? I need answers on why it wouldn't happen if everything falls in place..

Rndy
04-29-2011, 03:20 AM
Noah + bobcats draft pick go!

ShaneMc4
04-29-2011, 03:21 AM

Also why would dwight howard leave orlando to go resign and play in memphis... there isn't anywhere he can go besides the lakers with the same or greater chance to win a championship as miami.

gatkins11
04-29-2011, 03:22 AM
Lakers are going to be able to put together a really good package. Chicago will try to work something around Noah. Just to name two potential destinations. I believe the Magic can get better talent for Dwight than Bosh.

Hellcrooner
Also why would dwight howard leave orlando to go resign and play in memphis... there isn't anywhere he can go besides the lakers with the same or greater chance to win a championship as miami.

you add howard to conley, battier, gay, randolph and you got abetter team than current magic.

ShaneMc4
Noah + bobcats draft pick go!

Won't work on the books my friend

Hunter48MVP
:laugh2:

championships
04-29-2011, 03:23 AM
Bosh for Howard????

Bosh is garbage. What the hell makes you think Orlando would fall for that?

ShaneMc4
04-29-2011, 03:24 AM
you add howard to conley, battier, gay, randolph and you got abetter team than current magic.

A better team then orlando maybe.. but not a better team as miami and I don't think dwight wants to take the risk there are a lot better teams then memphis would be if they got him in the west OKC, LA, aging SA..

Mudvayne91
04-29-2011, 03:25 AM
Pipedream, but I'd love to see him in Denver. Give up Nene and some other assets including picks. As I said though, pipedream.

Hunter48MVP
04-29-2011, 03:25 AM
Dwight will ask for a trade to LA

ShaneMc4
04-29-2011, 03:26 AM
I think the heat can put just as good if not a better package then the lakers.. who do the lakers have to offer the lakers that is appealing other then bynum..? If the lakers want him they are going to have to give up a lot not just bynum.

Raph12
04-29-2011, 03:27 AM
They want to be cleveland? What better deal can they get for howard? Who else is going to give them a player as good as bosh or better? Lakers will give them bynum what good will bynum be for them? I need answers on why it wouldn't happen if everything falls in place..

Bynum (healthy) > Bosh for the Magic...

lakeshow3peat
04-29-2011, 03:29 AM
I see mark cuban going to go after dwight hard that would be a sick team dwight and dirk and chandler and healthy caron butler along with terry damn what am i doing i am a lakers fan ha ha . Thats a possibility all i know is howard will either stay or end up with lakers or mavs or even a surprised team miami is desperate for more talent but i dont see them pursing him.

ShaneMc4
04-29-2011, 03:31 AM
Bynum (healthy) > Bosh for the Magic...

Bynum has had a few scares in the playoffs already and some nagging injuries lingering.. not so sure that orlando would want to take a young kid like that he has potential to be something great down the line but you have to remember orlando is going to need someone to build around NOW A GO 2 SCORER not so sure if they can put pieces around andrew bynum to build a playoff contending team

Master Mind
04-29-2011, 03:32 AM
Howard's a top 5 player, he'll require the house...

abe_froman
04-29-2011, 03:32 AM
only in heat fans fantasies

(oh and this applies to ny,bos,chi fans to).the magic would probably like to advance through the playoffs at some point over the next 5-10 years.trading him in conference(especially to a stacked team in that conf)runs counter to their ability to do this.give it up,howard is going west

ShaneMc4
04-29-2011, 03:34 AM
I see mark cuban going to go after dwight hard that would be a sick team dwight and dirk and chandler and healthy caron butler along with terry damn what am i doing i am a lakers fan ha ha . Thats a possibility all i know is howard will either stay or end up with lakers or mavs or even a surprised team miami is desperate for more talent but i dont see them pursing him. I agree with you on miami maybe not pursuing dwight howard but I have to disagree about you saying dallas going after him.. they dont have anything to offer other then shawn marion jason terry and j kidd

JCSchwa
04-29-2011, 03:36 AM
A new CBA, with possible Franchise Tag, may make this a moot point...however, i feel there are far more attractive trade destinations for Orlando to explore, both LA teams and Chicago for starters. Furthermore, I find it unlikely that the Magic would trade DH within the Conference not to mention the Division...not to mention the State...simply not going to happen with MIA, but welcome to PSD.

ShaneMc4
04-29-2011, 03:37 AM
only in heat fans fantasies

(oh and this applies to ny,bos,chi fans to).the magic would probably like to advance through the playoffs at some point over the next 5-10 years.trading him in conference(especially to a stacked team in that conf)runs counter to their ability to do this.give it up,howard is going west

Thats a good point of view thanks for the insight anything is possible in the nba.. it will be interesting to see whats going to happen with howard but for now I'm going to try to enjoy the boston series

Hunter48MVP
04-29-2011, 03:44 AM
Dwight will not go Miami! Somebody close this thread

AllBall
04-29-2011, 04:09 AM
The quality of threads continues to plummet. :pity:

Chi StateOfMind
04-29-2011, 04:30 AM
The Lakers,NJ,Chicago or stays in Orlando

kblo247
04-29-2011, 04:40 AM
Honestly if Miami fails and Dwight wants out, they could look at LeBron for Howard this summer. Miami fills their biggest need and they get a franchise player back.

Realistically though there is
- Dwight to LA for Pau or Bynum
- Dwight to NOLA for West and Okafor
- Dwight to NJ for Lopez and assets
- Dwight to Chicago for Noah or Boozer

Jewelz0376
04-29-2011, 05:01 AM
Honestly if Miami fails and Dwight wants out, they could look at LeBron for Howard this summer. Miami fills their biggest need and they get a franchise player back.

Realistically though there is
- Dwight to LA for Pau or Bynum
- Dwight to NOLA for West and Okafor
- Dwight to NJ for Lopez and assets
- Dwight to Chicago for Noah or Boozer

:laugh2: Lebron would be so heated...that would actually be pretty funny to see

The way Bynum played in the 1st round if he keeps it up he will become more and more attractive to Orl..

COOLbeans
04-29-2011, 05:03 AM
This could be interesting.

BleedingGreen9
04-29-2011, 05:06 AM
celtics can trade away there prospects like jeff green, big baby, and avery just like they did back in 08?

imagine rondo tossen oops to big dwight all day

BkOriginalOne
04-29-2011, 05:15 AM
We know he is either staying in Orlando or going to a Big Market. That means, Lakers, Clippers, Nets, or Knicks.

BleedingGreen9
04-29-2011, 05:21 AM
is boston not a big market? and who do the knics nets or clippers have to offer?

NetsPaint
04-29-2011, 05:21 AM
It's going to be interesting. Has there ever been so many trade scenarios for a superstar that seems possible?

AllBall
04-29-2011, 05:36 AM
We know he is either staying in Orlando or going to a Big Market. That means, Lakers, Clippers, Nets, or Knicks.

You mean even bigger market. What? 2 Million people is not enough for you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orlando-Kissimmee,_Florida,_Metropolitan_Statistical_Area

allSUAVE
04-29-2011, 05:52 AM
You got to give up Bynum and Gasol for Dwight man.

rapjuicer06
04-29-2011, 08:45 AM
I say the best choices are the Clippers and the Thunder. The Clippers will be able to sign him outright, big market team as well, and dwight and blake would be disgusting PF/C duo. that'd be impossible to stop. the thunder have westbrook and ibaka. then the thunder would have no need for perkins and want to throw him in, and perkins has a pretty big contract so orlando might add nelson and receive harden back. howard/nelson for westbrook/ibaka/perkins/harden....orlando could also put redick into the trade as well.

nelson/maynor
selfulosha/redick
durant
collison
howard/aldrich

don't know the thunders team all that well, but that starting line up would be pretty stellar. although depending on how far the thunder go, that would be pointless to trade.

SP17
04-29-2011, 08:53 AM
he already said where he would want to play and with who.

when? and with who?:confused:

SP17
04-29-2011, 09:00 AM
You got to give up Bynum and Gasol for Dwight man.

LOL...that wont happen at all..

SP17
04-29-2011, 09:04 AM
I say the best choices are the Clippers and the Thunder. The Clippers will be able to sign him outright, big market team as well, and dwight and blake would be disgusting PF/C duo. that'd be impossible to stop. the thunder have westbrook and ibaka. then the thunder would have no need for perkins and want to throw him in, and perkins has a pretty big contract so orlando might add nelson and receive harden back. howard/nelson for westbrook/ibaka/perkins/harden....orlando could also put redick into the trade as well.

nelson/maynor
selfulosha/redick
durant
collison
howard/aldrich

don't know the thunders team all that well, but that starting line up would be pretty stellar. although depending on how far the thunder go, that would be pointless to trade.

yeah...
Thunder and Clips are a pretty good destination for dwight..
Clippers have lots of pieces to offer..
Thunder could offer westbrook
Nets and CHicago are also good destinations..

29$JerZ
04-29-2011, 09:05 AM
Orlando

LA

NY/Chicago/NJ doubt it but possible

jockrider
04-29-2011, 09:14 AM

seriously? i'm a raptors fan so i know bosh, if orlando trades for him they are screwed. i know pat riley is good but he's not going to pull that LMAO!

if i was orlando i would take brook lopez and some draft picks, lopez is only a little worse than bosh and a wayy better contract and younger.

Raidaz4Life
04-29-2011, 09:15 AM
LOL...that wont happen at all..

I would do that

Fish
Kobe
Artest
Odom
Howard

that is a pretty lethal team right there.

tr3ymill3r
04-29-2011, 09:18 AM
If Dwight comes out and makes a big deal of it just like every other superstar in the league for the most part, then they will have to grant him his wish and trade him. He'll provide a list of teams in which he'd like to go to and at that point it'll be more drama to deal with.

SP17
04-29-2011, 09:22 AM
Orlando

LA

NY/Chicago/NJ doubt it but possible

Just curious...what can the knicks offer? I know Bulls and nets have some 1st rounder and a good center..

maddBat
04-29-2011, 09:22 AM
I would do that

Fish
Kobe
Artest
Odom
Howard

that is a pretty lethal team right there.

yea but 4 how long? also bench? and injuries?

NetsPaint
04-29-2011, 09:23 AM
Blake/Griffin would be surreal.

PhillyFaninLA
04-29-2011, 09:28 AM
There are 2 teams in Los Angeles that could trade for him.

He seems to be following in Shaq's footsteps and from everything I've heard here, from him, and experts he wants to be involved in Hollywood.

I would be surprised if he's not a Laker assuming Bynum is healthy and productive for the remainder of the playoffs.

I think the Clippers could get him as well and I think he wants to be Los Angeles more then anywhere else, kind of like Melo and NYC.

chi-townlove1
04-29-2011, 09:31 AM
I think the heat can put just as good if not a better package then the lakers.. who do the lakers have to offer the lakers that is appealing other then bynum..? If the lakers want him they are going to have to give up a lot not just bynum.

this... you lakers fans crack me up. Bynum for howard.. u kiddin me. hahaha Bynum is GOOD. Way overrated and nowhere near Howards level. He may wind up going to LA, but it is going to take alot more than Bynum. Gonna have to throw in another play some picks etc.. He may end up in Chicago. Boozer/Noah plus asik brewer 1st round. Most likely would take Noah. But if not Chicago or LA, i dont see him leaving Orlando.

SP17
04-29-2011, 09:42 AM
this... you lakers fans crack me up. Bynum for howard.. u kiddin me. hahaha Bynum is GOOD. Way overrated and nowhere near Howards level. He may wind up going to LA, but it is going to take alot more than Bynum. Gonna have to throw in another play some picks etc.. He may end up in Chicago. Boozer/Noah plus asik brewer 1st round. Most likely would take Noah. But if not Chicago or LA, i dont see him leaving Orlando.

LOL..Who said Bynum is on Dwights level..even 12 years old would know that..Dwight is the top center in the nba...Centers after him are way behind and Bynum is arguably a top 5 and top 2 center if healthy.. Of course the LA's package would include 1st rounders and etc... ANd pls dont ever add Boozer no way Magic want that contract,only way that happens is if you take on arenas.

Dwight will leave Orlando that is the surest thing, I just dont see the magic turning it around anytime soon.

ChitownSports16
04-29-2011, 09:45 AM
He's coming to chicago!!!

jockrider
04-29-2011, 09:48 AM
There are 2 teams in Los Angeles that could trade for him.

He seems to be following in Shaq's footsteps and from everything I've heard here, from him, and experts he wants to be involved in Hollywood.

I would be surprised if he's not a Laker assuming Bynum is healthy and productive for the remainder of the playoffs.

I think the Clippers could get him as well and I think he wants to be Los Angeles more then anywhere else, kind of like Melo and NYC.

i don't get where people get this, all he said was kobe is a player i want to play with and now everyone is saying he wants hollywood bad and will follow shaqs footsteps.

jockrider
04-29-2011, 09:52 AM
i don't get why people think orlando wants P.gasol/boozer/bosh and their large contracts, orlando is already paying for 2 overrated stiffs in turk/arenas. IMO

lakers --- bynum based deal
Chicago -- noah/asik based deal
NJ -- Brook lopez based deal

rapjuicer06
04-29-2011, 09:53 AM
Blake/Griffin would be surreal.

that made me laugh

jezzyman05
04-29-2011, 09:55 AM

WHAT!!!!!!!! :facepalm: The spurs would give him that same chance, in fact alot of teams can give a good chance it depends on the front office man....take the spurs for example if we get D12 in free agency while keeping Hill, Jefferson, Neal, Splitter, Parker you mean to tell me that team would not be championship team Hill, Neal, and Splitter would be in thier prime and Parker would be 31, still solid for 3-4 more years Blair would come in to sub for Howard cause he is a glass eater, come on man,....and the Lakers (if they get D12 in free agency and not trade) would be the old boys with a Gasol (entering twilight, Kobe in Twilight) so in the end Howard would be right back where he stated in Orlando (alone).

Miami is out of this stop bringing up maimi, after one year of the big 3, you would have to be pretty dam dumb you break the team just because they didnt win 70 games, this team stuggled but came together in the end and now are a force to reckon with...give them a defensive minded center and these guys are the real deal...

New Jersey has a good of chance as anyone, Deron Williams is appealing to alot of players, I think this big market crap is way overrated, LeBron, Wade and Bosh all passed on Chicago and New York to go to Miami, why cause maimi is awesome hell I want to go there, party city man!.....

San Antonio is not bad either and our front office is the best in the league hands down.....we know how to build championship teams.....(Lakers do as well not dissing you guys one bit)....

SP17
04-29-2011, 09:56 AM
i don't get why people think orlando wants P.gasol/boozer/bosh and their large contracts, orlando is already paying for 2 overrated stiffs in turk/arenas. IMO

lakers --- bynum based deal
Chicago -- noah/asik based deal
NJ -- Brook lopez based deal

been saying that for a long time...Also they would want to dump turk or arenas contract in any deal..I think turk since no one would want arenas.

Dade County
04-29-2011, 09:59 AM

I was not going to post until after the playoffs but, you are right on the money; I just read all your post up to pg 2 only, and I agree with everything you are saying. No one on psd will agree with you, they hate the HEAT, they can't fathom Miami getting someone as good as Howard (it will be unfair, other teams fans will blow off their on head, blah, blah, blah).

People don't realize that Howard would have to want to sign with that team for a trade to get done. People on psd like to think, they can think for that player and tell them what to do. Every fan is going to say, what about my team; Howard will put us over the top.... They fell to realize Howard might not see what they see, Howard might want a for sure thing; and their are only 3 to 4 for sure teams, Miami is one of them.

The HEAT success in these playoffs (hopefully) will say a lot to Howard; if the HEAT win it all, Howard will look to join other superstars so he is not left out "meaning" ... ringless when his Nba playing days are done.

SP17
04-29-2011, 10:02 AM
double post

SP17
04-29-2011, 10:05 AM
WHAT!!!!!!!! :facepalm: The spurs would give him that same chance, in fact alot of teams can give a good chance it depends on the front office man....take the spurs for example if we get D12 in free agency while keeping Hill, Jefferson, Neal, Splitter, Parker you mean to tell me that team would not be championship team Hill, Neal, and Splitter would be in thier prime and Parker would be 31, still solid for 3-4 more years BLair would come in to sub for Howard cause he is a glass eater....and the Lakers (if they get D12 in free agency and not trade) would be the old boys with a Gasol (entering twilight, Kobe in Twilight) so in the end the Howard would be right back where he stated in Orlando (alone)

LOL man..the spurs team you have up there is not better than what is in Orlando..ANd a lakers team with dwight could beat that team anyday... Gasol and Kobe are signed for 3 more years..I believe in those next 3 years if they have dwight with them they will be contenders. and after all those contracts end we can again reload with the cap space we have.. check lakers salary situatuon..

Oh and there is now way LA can get Dwight via FA without ST...

Lim
04-29-2011, 10:08 AM
hes got 2 more years left on his contract. why would they trade him this summer? hell be a magic for at least 2 more years.

jockrider
04-29-2011, 10:16 AM
I was not going to post until after the playoffs but, you are right on the money; I just read all your post up to pg 2 only, and I agree with everything you are saying. No one on psd will agree with you, they hate the HEAT, they can't fathom Miami getting someone as good as Howard (it will be unfair, other teams fans will blow off their on head, blah, blah, blah).

People don't realize that Howard would have to want to sign with that team for a trade to get done. People on psd like to think, they can think for that player and tell them what to do. Every fan is going to say, what about my team; Howard will put us over the top.... They fell to realize Howard might not see what they see, Howard might want a for sure thing; and their are only 3 to 4 for sure teams, Miami is one of them.

The HEAT success in these playoffs (hopefully) will say a lot to Howard; if the HEAT win it all, Howard will look to join other superstars so he is not left out "meaning" ... ringless when his Nba playing days are done.

it's not really dwight's choice even if he wants to go to miami orlando has to agree to trade with miami

in that case who do the heat have to offer? bosh? i would rather let dwight walk then trade him within the same division and for bosh's huge contract. Remember orlando is already paying hedo turkoglu and arenas a lot of money
adding bosh to the fold would make orlando the most financially inefficient team in the NBA.

SP17
04-29-2011, 10:18 AM

COme on man..Lets be real here.,the last thing orlando would do is trade dwight to their inter state,inter division and conference rivals...Add in Bosh's contract..No way they do that... Lots of other teams who are contenders could offer the magic a decent to good package..OKC,LA,Chicago and Nets..

benzni
04-29-2011, 10:19 AM
i would hate for him to leave but losing to the Hawks in the 1st round has to be upsetting. Not sure they can go that far without more talent surrounding him.

millerandco
04-29-2011, 10:20 AM
i love stv as a guy but as a coach all he seems to do is run pick&roll and make them jack up 3's.

they need a new coach and system otherwise d12 walks

Hellcrooner
04-29-2011, 10:21 AM

do you have capspace after next season?
NO
can heat sign Dwight in FA after next season? NO

Nba teams barely ever trade in same COAST.

Do you think Magic owners want to have him play a few miles away 4 times a year?

THERES 0 Chance Magic makes a trade of howard to Heat

if LEBRON is not the piece traded.

Dade County
04-29-2011, 10:23 AM
it's not really dwight's choice even if he wants to go to miami orlando has to agree to trade with miami

in that case who do the heat have to offer? bosh? i would rather let dwight walk then trade him within the same division and for bosh's huge contract. Remember orlando is already paying hedo turkoglu and arenas a lot of money
adding bosh to the fold would make orlando the most financially inefficient team in the NBA.

COme on man..Lets be real here.,the last thing orlando would do is trade dwight to their inter state,inter division and conference rivals...Add in Bosh's contract..No way they do that... Lots of other teams who are contenders could offer the magic a decent to good package..OKC,LA,Chicago and Nets..

Come on people, I said their are 3 to 4 for teams.. Miami is not the only team, I never said that.

My main point is, it is up to Howard to sign the contract in a sign and trade, and if he doesn't like the team that orlando is trying to trade him to, he will not sign... thats all. He is in control of his future after his contract is up.

Damn my 2nd post, **** I tried to wait until after the playoffs... ****!!!

rcal10
I see the Bulls with the best chance and the most attractive offer to get Howard. Besides Noah they can add Boozer, if there is a need to match salaries or anything like that. Or they can add Gibson, Korver, Asik, and/or Brewer, and numerous #1 picks including one they hold of the Bobcats. The fact is that it will take a lot to get Howard, but really anyone on the Bulls team, beside Rose, along with picks can be offered in a deal for Howard, . No team in the league can offer as much. However, the Magic might not want to deal within their division, so that might be why a team in the west gets him.

Super.
Dwight is gone

jezzyman05
04-29-2011, 10:24 AM
LOL man..the spurs team you have up there is not better than what is in Orlando..ANd a lakers team with dwight could beat that team anyday... Gasol and Kobe are signed for 3 more years..I believe in those next 3 years if they have dwight with them they will be contenders. and after all those contracts end we can again reload with the cap space we have.. check lakers salary situatuon..

Oh and there is now way LA can get Dwight via FA without ST...

Clearly you dont know what the hell your talking about I didnt say now I said when D12 is a free agent Gasol and Kobe will lose a step and both those guys are expensive strapping your team you guys can't afford another max contract....

S/T is the only way you can get D12 from Orlando and I do not see that happening....... and remember we still need for the new CBA to be approve so as of right no one knows what the new rules will be, hell they could approve of a franchise tag and end all this speculation stuff.

Now the Spurs when D12 is a free agent will close to 40 million comming off the books ( Duncan's 21.25 million, Ginobili's 13.50, and Bonners, 4.25) so they can have good money when D12 if D12 hits free agency so we can sign him easily and still have money to resign Hill and Blair which will happen.

Dade County
04-29-2011, 10:27 AM
do you have capspace after next season?
NO
can heat sign Dwight in FA after next season? NO

Nba teams barely ever trade in same COAST.

Do you think Magic owners want to have him play a few miles away 4 times a year?

THERES 0 Chance Magic makes a trade of howard to Heat

if LEBRON is not the piece traded.

I said he might look to join other superstars, that does not have to be Miami...

I also said their are 3 to 4 for sure teams.... it's not all about Miami but, if he likes miami, that would make me happy, but thats up to him. Howard does not have to sign anything that the magic put in front of him.

Damn my 3rd post ... ****! I fail... smh

twoearl
04-29-2011, 10:29 AM
I see the Bulls with the best chance and the most attractive offer to get Howard. Besides Noah they can add Boozer, if there is a need to match salaries or anything like that. Or they can add Gibson, Korver, Asik, and/or Brewer, and numerous #1 picks including one they hold of the Bobcats. The fact is that it will take a lot to get Howard, but really anyone on the Bulls team, beside Rose, along with picks can be offered in a deal for Howard, . No team in the league can offer as much. However, the Magic might not want to deal within their division, so that might be why a team in the west gets him.

Yeah I think the Bulls have the best trade options by far. Noah and Boozer plus a First round pick seems fair to me.

corky831
04-29-2011, 10:33 AM
Id Love for Boston to go after him, I believe all of Boston's Big 3 will be coming off the books....so theyll have a lot of cash, if they can keep green, they'd have a solid 3: with Rondo, Green, and Howard....would need to find a SG, and a PF (maybe big baby? tho I dont prefer him to start).....just don't know how Howard would feel bout coming to Boston.....its a pipe dream, but a possibility

ne3xchamps
04-29-2011, 10:34 AM
That being said

Is he done in Orlando?

Could the bulls get him?

they would have to throw in more than just glass knees bynum. get real dude. NY might not be able to afford CP3, so if orlando could get CP3, dwight will stay. other than that I'm not sure without a new cba and all. never know what will happen.

chitown815
boozer 13.5 asik 1.8 cj watson 3.4 (3-4 #1 picks Bobcats, Heats 2 Bulls)

Dwight 17.8

jezzyman05
Yeah I think the Bulls have the best trade options by far. Noah and Boozer plus a First round pick seems fair to me.

Chicago does offer the most that anybody can offer however if Orlando gets rid of howard they are going to want a package similiar to what the uggets got for melo and Boozer is old and a high salary which may be the deal breaker, IMO the only teams that have a shot at a dwight howard is a team with alot of young up and comming player like Memphis.

jockrider
04-29-2011, 10:35 AM
I said he might look to join other superstars, that does not have to be Miami...

I also said their are 3 to 4 for sure teams.... it's not all about Miami but, if he likes miami, that would make me happy, but thats up to him. Howard does not have to sign anything that the magic put in front of him.

than what is he going to do? give up money and try to sign with a team with cap space? in that the selection of teams wouldn't would not be great unless he signs the MLE with a contender.

ne3xchamps
04-29-2011, 10:36 AM
Id Love for Boston to go after him, I believe all of Boston's Big 3 will be coming off the books....so theyll have a lot of cash, if they can keep green, they'd have a solid 3: with Rondo, Green, and Howard....would need to find a SG, and a PF (maybe big baby? tho I dont prefer him to start).....just don't know how Howard would feel bout coming to Boston.....its a pipe dream, but a possibility

it is a pipe dream, but not totally unrealistic. If the c's got howard, you bet KG, and ray ray would come back for cheap for a chance to win more rings. PP will still be on the books by the way. but Im willing to bet PP would reconsruct his deal to make the money work.

chitown815
04-29-2011, 10:36 AM
Chicago does offer the most that anybody can offer however if Orlando gets rid of howard they are going to want a package similiar to what the uggets got for melo and Boozer is old and a high salary which may be the deal breaker, IMO the only teams that have a shot at a dwight howard is a team with alot of young up and comming player like Memphis.

Wrong, the team is going to want dwight to extend, and im sure he wont in memphis, dwight has the leverege

jezzyman05
04-29-2011, 10:42 AM

Thats why I think Brooklyn will be appealing if they are able to extend DWill then they have a good shot at getting Dwight Howard.

Shoot Chris Paul and Dwight Howard could team up and sign somewhere that would be awesome to see.....

From what Dwight has shown it dosen't seem like he would leave Orlando for the purpose of joining a big market team, I believe he just wants to win and have a good chance to win every year and strong front office will get him that easily (San Antonio, Boston, OKC) to name a few.

jockrider
04-29-2011, 10:44 AM
Prior to Game 4, Howard confronted Ric Bucher and asked, “Where am I going, so I can tell my agent and my family?”

lol

jezzyman05
04-29-2011, 10:45 AM
Wrong, the team is going to want dwight to extend, and im sure he wont in memphis, dwight has the leverege

I know chicago will want an extension in the trade, I know this. I know that Dwight has all the leverage in this situation as well, I know this too Im just saying the Boozer could be a deal breaker due to contract and age.

ChiSoxJuan
04-29-2011, 10:45 AM
Give it up already. If he's going anywhere it's the Bulls. They are the only team likely to take on Howard, Turk, & Arenas in exchange for Boozer, Deng, & Bogans. That will keep the Magic competitive while giving them some future cap space. The Bulls also have Char's pick which increases in value every yr Char falls to protection level.

Bulls starting 5: Howard, Noah, Turk, Arenas, Rose. Go hide now.

mamba24
04-29-2011, 10:46 AM

bynum
artest or LO
shannon brown

for

dwight
nelson

ne3xchamps
04-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Give it up already. If he's going anywhere it's the Bulls. They are the only team likely to take on Howard, Turk, & Arenas in exchange for Boozer, Deng, & Bogans. That will keep the Magic competitive while giving them some future cap space. The Bulls also have Char's pick which increases in value every yr Char falls to protection level.

:facepalm: wow, just wow. do you hear yourself?

jockrider
04-29-2011, 10:56 AM

LMAO:facepalm:

SteBO
04-29-2011, 10:58 AM

Thanks for the laugh :laugh2:

rapjuicer06
04-29-2011, 10:59 AM
bynum
artest or LO
shannon brown

for

dwight
arenas/turk

fixed it for ya

sep11ie
04-29-2011, 11:12 AM
LOL, Bynum for Howard straight up. You really are a funny guy.

corky831
04-29-2011, 11:50 AM
it is a pipe dream, but not totally unrealistic. If the c's got howard, you bet KG, and ray ray would come back for cheap for a chance to win more rings. PP will still be on the books by the way. but Im willing to bet PP would reconsruct his deal to make the money work.

that would be maybe the best starting 5 of all-time. If the big 3 still played at a respectable level.

effen5
04-29-2011, 11:53 AM
that would be maybe the best starting 5 of all-time. If the big 3 still played at a respectable level.

The big 3 no matter how old they are, especially Ray Allen, will always play at a respectable level.....That would be the second scariest team of all time behind the 72 win team Bulls.

JordansBulls
04-29-2011, 11:59 AM
Noah and Boozer for Dwight.

smith&wesson
04-29-2011, 12:10 PM
Howards going to the lakers for bynam. and thats how kobe wins his 7th and maybe even 8th ring.

by the way i made a thread like this last week. check the nba forum .. maybe a mod can merge them. because there will be alot of these threads from now till who knows when Howard resigns or goes to another team.

smith&wesson
04-29-2011, 12:12 PM

thats what i suggested in the other thread. it makes sence for orlando in terms of getting value back.

oak2455
04-29-2011, 12:20 PM

Noah yes Boozer:puke::puke::puke:

SP17
04-29-2011, 12:23 PM
hes got 2 more years left on his contract. why would they trade him this summer? hell be a magic for at least 2 more years.

2 more years.. last year is player option..One he will likely not exercise.

rapjuicer06
04-29-2011, 12:26 PM

there ya go

uprightciti
04-29-2011, 12:34 PM
shipping howard to LA makes no sense of either team
Bynum is way to risky to take for a team that would be screwing its self

Orlando is in A looooot of trouble

they need to do what New Orleans is doing for CP3 and get some better players on that team STAT!

if i am orlando i do a sign and trade with earl clark and j. rich this summer

and trade a package of jj reddick, brandon bass, and ryan anderson for a star
Iggy would mesh nicely I think

they need to keep Dwight happy on that team

SP17
04-29-2011, 12:45 PM
Clearly you dont know what the hell your talking about I didnt say now I said when D12 is a free agent Gasol and Kobe will lose a step and both those guys are expensive strapping your team you guys can't afford another max contract....

S/T is the only way you can get D12 from Orlando and I do not see that happening....... and remember we still need for the new CBA to be approve so as of right no one knows what the new rules will be, hell they could approve of a franchise tag and end all this speculation stuff.

Now the Spurs when D12 is a free agent will close to 40 million comming off the books ( Duncan's 21.25 million, Ginobili's 13.50, and Bonners, 4.25) so they can have good money when D12 if D12 hits free agency so we can sign him easily and still have money to resign Hill and Blair which will happen.

Clearly you dont get what Im saying and dont understand the situation dwight and the magic have at the moment..I think magic would trade dwight before he can exercise that ETO to maximize his value..

As for your 2nd statement if the magic deal Howard before the deadline next year we dont need a S & T to get him..probably just match the contracts but as we all know that will depend on the new CBA..

Lastly about the spurs chance at FA, I think they dont have a shot at him. Since they dont have enough cap space to sign him next year..

Manu 14
Jefferson 10
Bonner almost 4 million
Parker recently signed a 50 million 4 yr deal.. so 12-13 mil
Splitter 3-4 mil (dont know exact deal but 3 yr 10+ mil)
Blair 1 mil
Hill 3 mil
Anderson 1.5
add in the 1st rounder for this yr

so thats 48-49 million...I dont know what cap space are you talking about coz surely dwight will opt out next year if not traded.

Btw what site are you using for those spurs contract coz in the one I'm using Ginobili and Duncan dont expire at the same year.

cbreezy34
04-29-2011, 12:46 PM
Why is no one mentioning the Sixers? If I am Dwight Howard and saw the way Jrue Holiday and Evan Turner played in the playoffs I would seriously consider going there. Sixers also have the peices to get it done I believe.

- Iggy, Thaddeus Young and Lou Williams
-Iggy, Evan Turner and Thaddeus Young
-Evan Turner, Lou Williams and Elton Brand

rapjuicer06
04-29-2011, 12:48 PM
shipping howard to LA makes no sense of either team
Bynum is way to risky to take for a team that would be screwing its self

Orlando is in A looooot of trouble

they need to do what New Orleans is doing for CP3 and get some better players on that team STAT!

if i am orlando i do a sign and trade with earl clark and j. rich this summer

and trade a package of jj reddick, brandon bass, and ryan anderson for a star
Iggy would mesh nicely I think

they need to keep Dwight happy on that team

but thats the problem with orlando. they got rid of the good assets for ****. not they are left with bad trade assests. no one really wants an undersized PF in bass. redick and anderson aren't going to fetch a whole lot of anything. Orlando screwed themselves when they traded carter/gortat/mp for crap. otis smith made a huge mistake. could have gotten way better talent with that enormous expiring, MP's expiring and the young talent in gortat...

bolts4ever
04-29-2011, 12:50 PM

I disagree with you here I love Dwight but he and Bynum are two different players with very similar impact.

Dwight Is an explosive athlete and his offensive game us based on quickness and athleticism. And he gets many more opportunities to score. He struggles against real size because of his lack of a true post game.

Bynum offensive game is more refined and excels againts size because of his length the ability to post up and shoot free throws.

Dwight is the more accomplished defensive player but Bynum by no means is a sloutch. They both change games with their defense alone.
Again im not sayin Bynum is as good as Dwight but they are more similar than people realize.

SP17
04-29-2011, 12:54 PM
thats what i suggested in the other thread. it makes sence for orlando in terms of getting value back.

AGain why would they want Boozer? It will start with Noah, Young players and picks..

Hangtime
04-29-2011, 12:57 PM
Orlando's financial situation looks bad. A lot of bad contracts. Dwight will only excel and be more successful winning a title when he teams up with a superstar caliber player in the backcourt like Paul, Rose, or even D.Will. He would work so much better as a tandem much in the same way Shaq did with his counterparts. And then you surround them with shooters and defensive minded players and a coach that has a system that utilizes what those two players do best. Dwight could have amazing chemistry with any of those guys.

Honestly I hope he leaves and manages to play with one of those guys. It would be fun to watch and his title chances would go up tremendously.

Southsideheat
04-29-2011, 12:58 PM
Howard is the only player in the league that Phil would come out of retirement to coach. Remember that.

If Howard wants to go to LA, he's going to LA. He'll extend there meaning Orlando will get the most in return. If Howard wants to throw Orlando a bone, he'd would say publically that he'd extend with another team as well(say the Bulls) to drive up the price for him. But if he's willing to only extend with one team, Orlando is screwed because the Lakers aren't as dumb as the Knicks.

jonline87
04-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Haha I bet that title made all of you mad, but seriously lets get to the point. Who thinks dwight howard will stay in orlando it is a slim possibility especially with the magics early exit in the playoffs first round..

It would be possible for miami to work a deal to send bosh to orlando for dwight howard or put together a package including mike miller with bosh for jameer nelson and dwight howard it would work out.. I haven't heard this anywhere yet so I would like some peoples opinion on this, I really doubt the heat will trade bosh if they make it to the finals but if they have an early exit against boston pat riley will get to work and at the end of the day the nba is a business no matter how good of friends bosh is with the other 2 stars wade and lebron.. this is just speculation of what could possibly happen and in my opinion I would rather have bosh then andrew bynum.. bosh is an allstar and a steady player and I think the magic wouldn't slip as bad in terms of wins if they got bosh opposed to players from the nets.. I think this is a huge possibility and I do think pat riley can get a deal done if the boston celtics send the heat packing early then expected..

On the otherhand I don't think dwight howard would mind going down to miami just a few hours from orlando..

I'm new here so thanks for reading and thanks if you respond with a good input :D

As much as I would hate to see D12 in a Heat uniform with LBJ and Wade, I'd LOL so hard at Bosh getting traded. I can see it now, LBJ and Wade saying to Bosh, "we have to talk," then taking him to the locker room, "listen man, it's not you, it's us," and "we can still be friends."

RIPSweetness34
04-29-2011, 01:16 PM
Won't work on the books my friend

But Noah and Boozer for Howard and (fill in) will. Way more likely then him going to Miami and having people hate him. And yes, public image will come into play here. It's Lakers or Bulls IMO, because noone else can put a package together that keeps the magic young and doesn't completely restart the rebuilding process. Couple that with the fact that if Dwight is really going to leave it's got to be with a contender, and he will probably be looking past just the next 2-3 years. Lakers are not getting him for anything less then Gasol and someone else. Bynum's knees as brittle as a 75 year old grandmothers hip. Both teams can give quality players and stay contenders though. I also see Adidas playing a factor in this, they sponsor both Rose and Howard. Their entire basketball shoe campaign is based around the two, so I would think it's a dream matchup for them to be playing on the same team competing for titles.

s3antana5757
04-29-2011, 01:17 PM
How is an oft-injured Boozer and offensively inept Noah any better than Bynum who has been a double-double machine and basically won LA their series against NO. What a scary team LA would be if they could get Howard. They would probably have to take Arenas, but they could get him to play well at PG. You never know.

RaiderLakersA's
04-29-2011, 01:18 PM

I thought Howard's contract was up at the end of the 2011-12 season. That means he'll be a free agent in 2012, which is why everyone is speculating that he will be traded THIS summer, if Orlando wants to get something back for him.

IndiansFan337
04-29-2011, 01:21 PM
I was thinking about this last night after they were eliminated. They need to make moves this summer, obviously. But the problem with that is that there's going to be a lockout and they won't be able to make trades or sign F/A's until a new CBA is agreed upon. That is going to hurt their ability to make changes this summer and convince Howard to stay through another contract.

Muttman73
04-29-2011, 01:22 PM
I would expect the Bulls to offer a package of Noah/Asik/Boozer + picks. Pretty sure that Howard and Rose are friends and would like to play together. Why he would want anything to do with that circus train in Miami is beyond me.

LA makes sense, NY if they had anything to give.

SP17
04-29-2011, 01:23 PM
I thought Howard's contract was up at the end of the 2011-12 season. That means he'll be a free agent in 2012, which is why everyone is speculating that he will be traded THIS summer, if Orlando wants to get something back for him.

2 more years left but the last year is a player option.

flips333
04-29-2011, 01:26 PM
But Noah and Boozer for Howard and (fill in) will. Way more likely then him going to Miami and having people hate him. And yes, public image will come into play here. It's Lakers or Bulls IMO, because noone else can put a package together that keeps the magic young and doesn't completely restart the rebuilding process. Couple that with the fact that if Dwight is really going to leave it's got to be with a contender, and he will probably be looking past just the next 2-3 years. Lakers are not getting him for anything less then Gasol and someone else. Bynum's knees as brittle as a 75 year old grandmothers hip. Both teams can give quality players and stay contenders though. I also see Adidas playing a factor in this, they sponsor both Rose and Howard. Their entire basketball shoe campaign is based around the two, so I would think it's a dream matchup for them to be playing on the same team competing for titles.

I think it is more likely that the Magic would want Noah and Gibson than Noah and Boozer. That trade makes alot more sense.

allSUAVE
04-29-2011, 01:27 PM
They not shipping Dwight to an eastern conference team unless they get some offer that just blow their minds and can't decline.

That's why I think he's going to be a Laker. But it's goin to take more than Bynum knees.
Bynum and Gasol or Bynum odom and picks

ChitownSports16
04-29-2011, 01:28 PM
How is an oft-injured Boozer and offensively inept Noah any better than Bynum who has been a double-double machine and basically won LA their series against NO. What a scary team LA would be if they could get Howard. They would probably have to take Arenas, but they could get him to play well at PG. You never know.

LOL and Bynum is not an oft-injured Bynum?

Sorry but, Just cant see The Magic taking Bynum with his history and only what 23 years old?? Not saying the Bulls have the best package but, lets get real...

tbone2171
04-29-2011, 01:29 PM
:laugh2: Lebron would be so heated...that would actually be pretty funny to see

The way Bynum played in the 1st round if he keeps it up he will become more and more attractive to Orl..

Keep dreaming bud

SP17
04-29-2011, 01:31 PM
LOL and Bynum is not an oft-injured Bynum?

Sorry but, Just cant see The Magic taking Bynum with his history and only what 23 years old?? Not saying the Bulls have the best package but, lets get real...

Magic would not want boozer unless you take on Arenas so its probably noah,taj, and picks..

RaiderLakersA's
04-29-2011, 01:32 PM
2 more years left but the last year is a player option.

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

RaiderLakersA's
04-29-2011, 01:34 PM
Since we're discussing Orlando, will Otis Smith and SVG be part of the reason why Howard stays or goes?

Southsideheat
Boozer wouldn't have to worry about his terrible defense if he's next to Howard.

Noah, Asik, and picks. They can put Noah at PF and Asik at C and lose nothing defensively.

Draco
They not shipping Dwight to an eastern conference team unless they get some offer that just blow their minds and can't decline.

That's why I think he's going to be a Laker. But it's goin to take more than Bynum knees.
Bynum and Gasol or Bynum odom and picks

Why would a rebuilding team want Gasol or Odom?

ChitownSports16
04-29-2011, 01:36 PM
Magic would not want boozer unless you take on Arenas so its probably noah,taj, and picks..

thats fine with me... They can take Noah, Taj and picks...

SP17
04-29-2011, 01:40 PM
thats fine with me... They can take Noah, Taj and picks...

that is why I said CHicago is one of the teams who will have a great chance to land him..OKC and clips could also make a play at him..

rapjuicer06
04-29-2011, 01:54 PM
bulls have crap...orlando wouldn't want their crap

ChitownSports16
04-29-2011, 01:57 PM

LoL but took other teams crap tho...

Raoul Duke
04-29-2011, 02:06 PM
If I'm Orlando, I'm telling whoever calls that if they want Dwight, they're taking back Hedo as part of the deal.

BullsBearsSox11
04-29-2011, 02:07 PM
With the new CBA coming up, The NBA is trying to go to a hard cap which means if the salry cap is set at 60 million they can not go over it one dollar the lakers salary as of today is 92 million so a bynum trade would not happen if those rules kicked in and Kobe is old so why would he go to the Lakers, now the Chicago bulls on the other hand are currently under the salary cap DRose is only 22 and everyone is forgetting about draft picks in this trade talk Chicago has 2 first rounders this year, The Bobcats protected pick to deal and can also throw in next years pick as well so I think a Noah, brewer or gibson deal with 4 first rounders could definitely get D12 to chicago. By the way when it comes to big markets chicago is one of the biggest to those who forgot to mention it.

PG Rose
SG Korver
SF Deng
PF Boozer
C Howard

No one is beating that lineup, No one can stop DRose now as it is add howard to the mix and its 6 more titles for the bulls

ChitownSports16
04-29-2011, 02:07 PM
If I'm Orlando, I'm telling whoever calls that if they want Dwight, they're taking back Hedo as part of the deal.

Then teams prob wait until hes a FA.

Raoul Duke
04-29-2011, 02:10 PM
Then teams prob wait until hes a FA.

Sure, if they have that kind of money laying around. Otherwise, they try and figure out a deal that includes Turk.

mohye
04-29-2011, 02:13 PM
With the new CBA coming up, The NBA is trying to go to a hard cap which means if the salry cap is set at 60 million they can not go over it one dollar the lakers salary as of today is 92 million so a bynum trade would not happen if those rules kicked in and Kobe is old so why would he go to the Lakers, now the Chicago bulls on the other hand are currently under the salary cap DRose is only 22 and everyone is forgetting about draft picks in this trade talk Chicago has 2 first rounders this year, The Bobcats protected pick to deal and can also throw in next years pick as well so I think a Noah, brewer or gibson deal with 4 first rounders could definitely get D12 to chicago. By the way when it comes to big markets chicago is one of the biggest to those who forgot to mention it.

PG Rose
SG Korver
SF Deng
PF Boozer
C Howard

No one is beating that lineup, No one can stop DRose now as it is add howard to the mix and its 6 more titles for the bulls

Umm the bulls Salary in 2011-2012 is already above 60 mill and in 2012 Drose is due for a significant raise. So according to your new CBA rules the bulls can get D12 but wont be able to extend Drose for anymore then the 6 mill he makes now....so i doubt thats gona happen

anyways hes coming to the Lakers makes too much sense for all parties involved. I dont see it being straight up Bynum for Howard, I can see the lakers adding a player like Odom and the Lakers taking bad a bad contract like Turk or something

Bynum and Odom
for
D12 and Turk or some other bad contract

BlondeBomber41
04-29-2011, 02:21 PM
Bosh for Howard????

Bosh is garbage. What the hell makes you think Orlando would fall for that?

Yet all you Laker fans seem to think the Magic would be cool with a straight up Bynum for Howard swap.

Im sure thats exactly what they want to do. Downgrade in talent and pick up a guy who is perennially injured.

Bosh would be a better score than Bynum. You people forget he averaged like 24/11 last year. He averaged 19/8 as a third option this year behind two superstars. Oh, and he can stay healthy. Kind of a big deal.

Orlando would never send DH12 to Miami, and I very seriously doubt they would ever send him to LA. The publicity hit of sending their franchise center to the same city that Shaq bounced to would be catastrophic.

5ass
04-29-2011, 02:32 PM
LOl at the bulls and lakers fighting in this thread, bynum and noah are equally unimpressive and unwanted in orl, if anything its going to be a 3 or possibly 4 team trade sending them to another team for young talent. Also arenas or atleast turk have to be included. And its not enough, bulls would still have to give up asik, gibson and deng/boozer (also send to other team) and 4 1st round picks. Lakers have to send odom to a 3rd team too but even with odom lakers really dont have what it takes to get dwight.

sNaKeS
04-29-2011, 02:32 PM
Yet all you Laker fans seem to think the Magic would be cool with a straight up Bynum for Howard swap.

Im sure thats exactly what they want to do. Downgrade in talent and pick up a guy who is perennially injured.

Bosh would be a better score than Bynum. You people forget he averaged like 24/11 last year. He averaged 19/8 as a third option this year behind two superstars. Oh, and he can stay healthy. Kind of a big deal.

Orlando would never send DH12 to Miami, and I very seriously doubt they would ever send him to LA. The publicity hit of sending their franchise center to the same city that Shaq bounced to would be catastrophic.

Thank you! I agree with your first point of trading bynum straight up for howard is ridiculous, but I disagree about the second point.........kind of. It goes with your first point and there is a person(s) the magic would trade dwight howard straight up for and their names are Lebron James and Kevin Durant, period. But I do agree with everything you say though.

BlondeBomber41
04-29-2011, 02:52 PM
Thank you! I agree with your first point of trading bynum straight up for howard is ridiculous, but I disagree about the second point.........kind of. It goes with your first point and there is a person(s) the magic would trade dwight howard straight up for and their names are Lebron James and Kevin Durant, period. But I do agree with everything you say though.

Ahhh yes, you're right. I was just speaking in a theoretical Chris Bosh trade, but they would most likely do the deal if it got them Lebron.... even though at that point I still think they would at least have to think about it. I think Wade/Bosh/Howard is MUCH scarier than Wade/Lebron/Bosh and I'm not totally convinced the Magic would wanna set up Miami like that.

If Howard was gonna walk or demanding a trade, no question they would do it though.

Hellcrooner
04-29-2011, 03:05 PM

no really? bosh scored 24 and 11 beingn the first option of a team?

bynum scores 14 basically being the 4th option behind Bryant, Pau and odom go figure...

MelkyNYY
04-29-2011, 03:09 PM
He's not going to the Celtics or the Bulls. The prospects/salaries do not match up. Jesus. People do some research.

MelkyNYY
04-29-2011, 03:14 PM

Right. No team has the young talent to pull a trade based on young talent alone. Teams with significant cap space & some young talent + draft picks have the edge. Because you have to take back Gilbert or Hedo or even both.

I see the Nets being able to do this or the Lakers if they can trade Odom or Artest. The picks and young talent might be a bigger issue. The Nets can offer Brook Lopez and Anthony Morrow and picks, take back Hedo/Arenas.

RadiantShot
04-29-2011, 03:15 PM
That hurt my head just reading.
No. No. No. No. No. Does that answer it?

BullySixChicago
04-29-2011, 03:21 PM
That being said

Is he done in Orlando?

Could the bulls get him?

Yes the Bulls could get him we have Boozer and Noah for Howard you cant get that from any team not even the Lakers

RadiantShot
04-29-2011, 03:23 PM
Orlando is not trading Dwight. As of now, none of you can have him. So...Back off!

MelkyNYY
04-29-2011, 03:24 PM
The Magic don't want Boozer and Noah. Really. What's the benefit of getting a mediocre and overpaid Boozer, and young above average potentially undersized PF/C.

No. It's not enticing at all.

ne3xchamps
04-29-2011, 03:26 PM
He's not going to the Celtics or the Bulls. The prospects/salaries do not match up. Jesus. People do some research.

us celtics fans were saying its a pipe dream. settle the f down. and you didn't pay attention to kg and ray ray deals both are gone, and Im sure they would still have something in the tank. they would take big pay cuts at a shot at more ships. and I bet PP would do the same. reconstruct his deal. they are towards the end of their careers, and don't need the money. they just want to win now. so try reading and thinking about things before you knock anything.

MelkyNYY
04-29-2011, 03:28 PM
us celtics fans were saying its a pipe dream. settle the f down. we can dream right??

Pipe dream? What? You're hoping the CBA adds another 15 million dollars?

BigCityofDreams
04-29-2011, 03:39 PM
A lot of Laker hate in here. When Bynum's name is brought up of course it's not straight for Howard. That would be a steal for the Lakers. When was the last time a player like D12 was stolen?

sNaKeS
04-29-2011, 03:43 PM
Ahhh yes, you're right. I was just speaking in a theoretical Chris Bosh trade, but they would most likely do the deal if it got them Lebron.... even though at that point I still think they would at least have to think about it. I think Wade/Bosh/Howard is MUCH scarier than Wade/Lebron/Bosh and I'm not totally convinced the Magic would wanna set up Miami like that.

If Howard was gonna walk or demanding a trade, no question they would do it though.

I know, I was just saying those are the only 2 players they would trade for. I also don't think the heat would be set up that well with those 3. I agree that the D12/Wade/Bosh team is scarier than the Lebron/Wade/Bosh but they still don't have that good of a point guard and if they would wind up playing the magic, Bosh is overrated, Howard would beast, but wade would get shut down by Lebron and would make a very interesting game/series. But at the end of the day.........It's not going to happen.

FriedTofuz
04-29-2011, 05:31 PM
I think Boozer, Noah, Gibson, And two first round picks, can get howard here. If Chicago is also willing to take on a garbage contract ( like turkoglu or areanas) , there chances can be increased. This is only if Otis does change his mind and shops Howard.

Vinsane#15
04-29-2011, 05:53 PM
Orlando is not trading Dwight. As of now, none of you can have him. So...Back off!

And I guess losing in the first round improves your chances of keeping him and the fact that you have HORRENDUS contracts in Hedo and Gilbert will help too, right? Get over it.... D12 is not staying in Orlando.... NOBODY is taking back Arena's contract or Turkoglu's UNLESS Howard is involved in the deal.

aaronmckie
04-29-2011, 05:58 PM
If Dwight is shopped he will go to the Thunder for Westbrook, Perkins, and Harden.

But I'm not sure the Thunder want to trade Westbrook and if they don't then the Sixers can put together a nice package (Jrue Holiday and Dwight Howard are good friends so I'm praying!)

Iggy, Nocioni (expiring), Lou Williams, and a 1st round pick for Dwight Howard and JJ Redick.

kobe7ringbryant
04-29-2011, 06:27 PM
LoL but took other teams crap tho...

Bynum isn't crap? He's considered as broken goods. A healthy Bynum is the 2nd best center in the game. A healthy Boozer is what, top 7-10 and as for Noah, he has no potential. Maybe as a scarecrow or the boogeyman.

kobe7ringbryant
04-29-2011, 06:30 PM

Bynum on a crappy team like Toronto can average 24/15 rebs. Look at Al Jefferson and the wolves. The thing about REBUILDING teams is that they want potential and a sexy contract. Why would a REBUILDING team want Bosh's contract?

Chill_Will_24
04-29-2011, 07:51 PM
Bynum is the second best C in the league even with his injury problems...

So far the rumors are only about two teams that Dwight wants to play for besides the Magic so idk where all this Bulls stuff its coming from. Besides the fact that Noah is not a player that a team can build around. He's a glorified garbage man like Anderson Varejao; which is no criticism. He's great at what he does and that rebound and provide energy and defense, but hell, Kris Kardashian brings the same at a cheaper price. Noah is not a center piece to a trade for the best C in the league

The Lakers need to offer Bynum,Brown,Ebanks,Character and picks while taking back Arenas or Turk... The Magic can do no better than that. If the Lakers cant make that trade because of cap issues then go with the Clippers or Nets who also have the young players AND cap space...

However this is all pointless speculation since i believe Otis just said that he will let him walk before he trades him...

Robbw241
04-29-2011, 07:52 PM
Bynum is the second best C in the league even with his injury problems...

So far the rumors are only about two teams that Dwight wants to play for besides the Magic so idk where all this Bulls stuff its coming from. Besides the fact that Noah is not a player that a team can build around. He's a glorified garbage man like Anderson Varejao; which is no criticism. He's great at what he does and that rebound and provide energy and defense, but hell, Kris Kardashian brings the same at a cheaper price. Noah is not a center piece to a trade for the best C in the league

The Lakers need to offer Bynum,Brown,Ebanks,Character and picks while taking back Arenas or Turk... The Magic can do no better than that. If the Lakers cant make that trade because of cap issues then go with the Clippers or Nets who also have the young players AND cap space...

However this is all pointless speculation since i believe Otis just said that he will let him walk before he trades him...

Andrew Bogut?

ChitownSports16
04-29-2011, 08:10 PM
Bynum isn't crap? He's considered as broken goods. A healthy Bynum is the 2nd best center in the game. A healthy Boozer is what, top 7-10 and as for Noah, he has no potential. Maybe as a scarecrow or the boogeyman.

when did I ever say Bynum was crap???? please reread the comments before my last post then come talk to me... Noah as a scarecrow or boogeyman??? you must be 15 years of age...

Chill_Will_24
04-29-2011, 08:21 PM
Andrew Bogut?

Sorry but no...

1.Dwight

2.Bynum
3.Bogut
4.Nene
5.Kaman
6.Lopez
7.Noah

True centers are so rare in today's game. Im only considering legit centers and not C/PF guys like Horford and Duncan cuz then it gets too complicated and the list changes exponentially...

Notice the space between 1 and 2... Its on purpose. :D Truthfully 4-7 are all debatable. Im ranking Nene up there because since the Melo trade he has shown what he truly can do when called upon. The rest of the guys are pick and choose. Offense? Defense? Potential? Rebounding? Energy? For example Noah is offensively inept unless he is catching lobs or getting put backs. Hes also not a true back to the basket C like a Lopez who is 7'1 and has a frame on his body on which to pack weight so he can still grow in the areas that he struggles in like defense and rebounding.

Anyway before CHI fans come in here attacking me i will state again that i realize this is all my opinion which is worth nothing more than what it is.

FriedTofuz
04-29-2011, 08:29 PM
Sorry but no...

1.Dwight

2.Bynum
3.Bogut
4.Nene
5.Kaman
6.Lopez
7.Noah

True centers are so rare in today's game. Im only considering legit centers and not C/PF guys like Horford and Duncan cuz then it gets too complicated and the list changes exponentially...

Notice the space between 1 and 2... Its on purpose. :D Truthfully 4-7 are all debatable. Im ranking Nene up there because since the Melo trade he has shown what he truly can do when called upon. The rest of the guys are pick and choose. Offense? Defense? Potential? Rebounding? Energy? For example Noah is offensively inept unless he is catching lobs or getting put backs. Hes also not a true back to the basket C like a Lopez who is 7'1 and has a frame on his body on which to pack weight so he can still grow in the areas that he struggles in like defense and rebounding.

Anyway before CHI fans come in here attacking me i will state again that i realize this is all my opinion which is worth nothing more than what it is.

Lopez cant be considered a true center. he rebounds very bad

Chi StateOfMind
04-29-2011, 08:42 PM
La

Chill_Will_24
04-29-2011, 08:51 PM

I disagree. Even thou rebounding is something you would expect from a center, it is not the single determining factor in whether a player is a true C. His first two seasons he averaged 9 boards a game. He contracted mononucleousis and lost 25 pds from his already skinny frame. Im willing to chalk the lone season as an anomaly instead of the first two. Even his post break stats this year prove that he can rebound when motivated. His individual defense is actually pretty good. His help defense is putrid.

However its his offensive game that sets him apart. He's the most offensively talented C in the league imo. He has a variety of post moves and can hit the mid range shot as well as shoot free throws exeptionally well (which will become more valuable as he puts on weight and learns to play more aggressive). He has also yet to miss a game in his three career.

If Brook Lopez puts on like 15-20 pounds of muscle this summer as well as work with a big man coach on boxing out, watch out. The kid is talented. Whether he ever reaches his potential is yet to be seen thou...

FriedTofuz
04-29-2011, 09:02 PM
I disagree. Even thou rebounding is something you would expect from a center, it is not the single determining factor in whether a player is a true C. His first two seasons he averaged 9 boards a game. He contracted mononucleousis and lost 25 pds from his already skinny frame. Im willing to chalk the lone season as an anomaly instead of the first two. Even his post break stats this year prove that he can rebound when motivated. His individual defense is actually pretty good. His help defense is putrid.

However its his offensive game that sets him apart. He's the most offensively talented C in the league imo. He has a variety of post moves and can hit the mid range shot as well as shoot free throws exeptionally well (which will become more valuable as he puts on weight and learns to play more aggressive). He has also yet to miss a game in his three career.

If Brook Lopez puts on like 15-20 pounds of muscle this summer as well as work with a big man coach on boxing out, watch out. The kid is talented. Whether he ever reaches his potential is yet to be seen thou...

I agree, he just needs to get more physical down low in the post and fight for rebounds.. its been real tough on my fantasy team. :(

RIPSweetness34
04-30-2011, 02:47 PM

Ur gonna talk about injuries and then bring up Bynum...Really?

RIPSweetness34
04-30-2011, 02:51 PM

62 wins, yea, they have crap. Great point :facepalm:

RIPSweetness34
04-30-2011, 02:54 PM
LOl at the bulls and lakers fighting in this thread, bynum and noah are equally unimpressive and unwanted in orl, if anything its going to be a 3 or possibly 4 team trade sending them to another team for young talent. Also arenas or atleast turk have to be included. And its not enough, bulls would still have to give up asik, gibson and deng/boozer (also send to other team) and 4 1st round picks. Lakers have to send odom to a 3rd team too but even with odom lakers really dont have what it takes to get dwight.

You have some inside info Stephen A Smith?

marques724
04-30-2011, 03:19 PM
If Dwight is shopped he will go to the Thunder for Westbrook, Perkins, and Harden.

But I'm not sure the Thunder want to trade Westbrook and if they don't then the Sixers can put together a nice package (Jrue Holiday and Dwight Howard are good friends so I'm praying!)

Iggy, Nocioni (expiring), Lou Williams, and a 1st round pick for Dwight Howard and JJ Redick.

If Dwight were to leave Orlando he would go to a much bigger market than OKC

jockrider
04-30-2011, 03:33 PM
If Dwight were to leave Orlando he would go to a much bigger market than OKC

``The biggest market of all is outside of the United States,’’ Howard said. ``In today’s NBA you can get anything you want (in terms of endorsements) and you don’t have to play in a big market.’’

-dwight

JonnyBrav000
04-30-2011, 03:50 PM

You are such a damn homer. No way the Magic would trade Howard to the Heat. It's stupid to think it could happen. First Miami is in the same state as the Magic, same conference and Bosh is not as good as Bynum. Better chance of going to LA or leaving as a free agent. No chance he ends up with the Heat. Plus Howard doesn't like Lebron either. Dumb trade idea, Mike Miller has almost no trade value.

calakers
04-30-2011, 03:52 PM
I think the most logicall big man to get traded 4 howard would be bynum cause if u focus all your offence towards him like they did to dwight then he could easily average 20+ points, 12+ reb, and 2 to 3 blocks that a ;pretty good deal.

djeller1139
04-30-2011, 03:57 PM
Howard for Andris Biedrins

DoMeFavors
04-30-2011, 03:58 PM

So avg 9 rebounds last year is considered bad? This year his arm was messed up and it hurt going after the ball and having contact with other players. Dont know how 8 rebounds a game his rookie year and nearly 9 last year is bad.

RadiantShot
04-30-2011, 04:03 PM
Howard for Andris Biedrins

Howard for three cents and a licorice whip.

allSUAVE
04-30-2011, 04:43 PM
Howard Aiant going to no eastern conference team meng.

Gasol, Bynum, Walton and picks for Dwight gilberts and hedu contracts

allSUAVE
04-30-2011, 04:58 PM
I don't know about y'all but I'm definitely going to be watching Carmelo and Dwight moms battle in the kitchen on the racheal ray show ...now that's going to be interesting

COOLbeans
04-30-2011, 04:58 PM
Bynum and Gasol for Dwight is a steal for the Lakers.

Chill_Will_24
04-30-2011, 05:00 PM
62 wins, yea, they have crap. Great point :facepalm:

Be honest with yourself for a sec and tell me... how many wins would the Bulls have without Tom Thibodeau? I put the Bulls success more on their amazing coach than their players. You have a great player, a few good ones and a couple of scrubs all rolled up into a big ball of awesome; held together by a great system. If Thibs doesnt get COY Bulls fans should riot. He deserves COY 10x more than Rose deserves MVP.

COOLbeans
04-30-2011, 05:02 PM
^ the bulls have taken a dramatic leap forward with their new coach. however their improvement is also depended upon their recent player acquisitions this season. ala Korver, Watson and Boozer. With the improved play of Deng and Rose, the Bulls are a very strong TEAM.

Chill_Will_24
04-30-2011, 05:13 PM
^ the bulls have taken a dramatic leap forward with their new coach. however their improvement is also depended upon their recent player acquisitions this season. ala Korver, Watson and Boozer. With the improved play of Deng and Rose, the Bulls are a very strong TEAM.

I agree but it still all starts with the coach. He motivates them and preps them. Teaches them and guides them. He is just a dynamic coach and from what i hear he has all those players buying into his system. He's the main reason Deng and Rose have both improved their play as opposed to Vinny. The media wants to hype up Rose because its more profitable that way. Rose has signature sneakers, endorsements, merchandise etc. so they would never take any credit from him and say its because of the coach. Rose is a beast. However without Thibs and his genius defensive principles, they would be a 5th seed at best. Their mail off season signing was Boozer and he is struggling. Its the coach.

aaronmckie
04-30-2011, 07:47 PM
Just had an epiphany... assuming the Lakers don't win the title this year the following trade will happen...

Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, and Steve Blake for Dwight Howard, Hedo Turkoglu, and Jameer Nelson.

Salaries match up and everything.

Silent
04-30-2011, 08:14 PM
If Howard looking long term i can see the nets or bulls if he wants to play with kobe for 2 years till he retires he will ask for a trade to the lakers

kobe7ringbryant
04-30-2011, 08:23 PM
If Howard looking long term i can see the nets or bulls if he wants to play with kobe for 2 years till he retires he will ask for a trade to the lakers

Two years until retirement? Why would kobe retire if he has the top center in dwight on his team? Stupid post.

s3antana5757
04-30-2011, 10:08 PM
Why would the Lakers trade both Pau and Bynum? They'd be better off as they were.

RaiderLakersA's
04-30-2011, 11:11 PM
Just had an epiphany... assuming the Lakers don't win the title this year the following trade will happen...

Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, and Steve Blake for Dwight Howard, Hedo Turkoglu, and Jameer Nelson.

Salaries match up and everything.

I seriously doubt that.

The Lakers won't give up both Bynum and Odom. Not unless it's a multi-team trade and the Lakers somehow miraculously wind up with Carmello and D. Howard when the dust clears.

The Lakers won't give up both Bynum and Pau. Not unless it's a multi-team trade and the Lakers somehow miraculously wind up with Carmello and D. Howard when the dust clears.

:D

jockrider
04-30-2011, 11:25 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/PSDDwighthoward

COOLbeans
04-30-2011, 11:44 PM
I seriously doubt that.

The Lakers won't give up both Bynum and Odom. Not unless it's a multi-team trade and the Lakers somehow miraculously wind up with Carmello and D. Howard when the dust clears.

The Lakers won't give up both Bynum and Pau. Not unless it's a multi-team trade and the Lakers somehow miraculously wind up with Carmello and D. Howard when the dust clears.

:D

why not? I respect ur opinion as a Lakers fan, only as someone who also follows the Lakers I can't help but disagree. The trade is essentially Gasol for Howard. Howard can do anything that Bynum can do, the only loss is Gasol. in this particular situation. The Lakers will have to find another starting PF. But for Howard it's worth it. Buss would jump on that trade. imo

COOLbeans
04-30-2011, 11:47 PM
Dwight Howard is a once in a decade center. The Lakers should/could trade essentially anyone and everyone on their roster outside of Bryant and Odom in order to acquire Howard.

BigCityofDreams
04-30-2011, 11:51 PM
Dwight Howard is a once in a decade center. The Lakers should/could trade essentially anyone and everyone on their roster outside of Bryant and Odom in order to acquire Howard.

If the Lakers trade for Howard they aren't going to give up both Pau and Bynum. They would probably center a deal around Bynum along with Odom and other pieces.

COOLbeans
04-30-2011, 11:52 PM
^^ Why not? Howard would be far more valuable to the Lakers than Pau Gasol. Pau's a real reason why they lose games they should win.

Spencesc11
05-01-2011, 12:02 AM
He will force Orlando's hand and tell them he won't sign an extension with anyone but L.A. just like the Melo to the Knicks debacle. So they might as well start discussing trade options now.

I would say Bynum, Shannon Brown, and a couple of 1st round picks should do the trick. They will have to make sure Brown agrees not to opt out first and the idea of a starting gig in Orlando with Jason Richardson likely leaving should be appealing and then he could be unrestricted the following year.

The thoughts of Fisher, Bryant, Artest, Odom, Gasol, and Howard are sick and definitely is going to force Miami to add some serious pieces if they want to challenge the Lakers with Dwight Howard.

Hellcrooner
05-01-2011, 12:12 AM
Mmm giving up BOTH gasol and Bynum would not be the best of the ideas IMO.

i mean.

It forces odom to start, wich is a great loss in depth bench and no real money to add benchmen.

Then you have this little problem too.

Nelson > Jason Williams
J rich> Mike Miller
Turkoglu= Battier
Prime Gasol > young gasol.
Bynum> MUCH > than Stromile swift
Gortat= L wright
Bass > tony massemburg
Aremas> Breving Knight.
Fran Vazquz ( would definetly sign if pau is there) > jake tsakalidis.
reddick> bonzi wells

How stupid would it look if lakers lost in the finals vs the magic after such a trade????

its either Drew or Pau but NEVER both

Bulldogs100
05-01-2011, 12:45 AM
Clearly these Miami fans started watching basketball this year when they got the 3 queens, no way Dwight gets traded to Miami. Realistically the only way i see Dwight getting traded is if he says he wont resign with Orlando. With that being said whoever decides to trade with Orlando have to take on the contract of Gilbert Arenas.

SP17
05-01-2011, 01:04 AM
Mmm giving up BOTH gasol and Bynum would not be the best of the ideas IMO.

i mean.

It forces odom to start, wich is a great loss in depth bench and no real money to add benchmen.

Then you have this little problem too.

Nelson > Jason Williams
J rich> Mike Miller
Turkoglu= Battier
Prime Gasol > young gasol.
Bynum> MUCH > than Stromile swift
Gortat= L wright
Bass > tony massemburg
Aremas> Breving Knight.
Fran Vazquz ( would definetly sign if pau is there) > jake tsakalidis.
reddick> bonzi wells

How stupid would it look if lakers lost in the finals vs the magic after such a trade????

its either Drew or Pau but NEVER both

Bingo...

ChiSoxJuan
05-01-2011, 10:13 AM
This thread is a joke. Bynum for Howard? Bosh for Howard? Even KG for Howard? Who do you think Howard is? To get Superman, if you're pkg doesn't start with the best player on your team, don't even bother. Because of the difference in their ages, Kobe for Howard is even a joke.

Den got the pkg they did for Melo because they had NJ to make a better offer. NJ practically stole DW from the Jazz, so they are in an even better position now to make an even better offer for Howard. But it won't stop there. Every team in the NBA is going to at least consider giving up their best player for Superman. It's not just about what he can do for you on the court. It's also the fact that he is the most durable Big man in the NBA. That's a max value contract no GM wants to pass up!

In addition to that Orl is very likely to have use of franchise & transition tags in the next CBA. There is no way the cap falls to $45M without a discount contract buyout window like the NHL had. That's true even if it remains a soft cap. So, the next CBA will give Orl even greater leverage than Den had.

rabzouz 96
05-01-2011, 10:27 AM
This thread is a joke. Bynum for Howard? Bosh for Howard? Even KG for Howard? Who do you think Howard is? To get Superman, if you're pkg doesn't start with the best player on your team, don't even bother. Because of the difference in their ages, Kobe for Howard is even a joke.

Den got the pkg they did for Melo because they had NJ to make a better offer. NJ practically stole DW from the Jazz, so they are in an even better position now to make an even better offer for Howard. But it won't stop there. Every team in the NBA is going to at least consider giving up their best player for Superman. It's not just about what he can do for you on the court. It's also the fact that he is the most durable Big man in the NBA. That's a max value contract no GM wants to pass up!

In addition to that Orl is very likely to have use of franchise & transition tags in the next CBA. There is no way the cap falls to $45M without a discount contract buyout window like the NHL had. That's true even if it remains a soft cap. So, the next CBA will give Orl even greater leverage than Den had.
his trade value shrinks because he seems to be on his way outs and its about poosible compensation for orl. if it was like 2 seasons ago you could aks for all of that but not now, where the situation lowers his trade value

ChiSoxJuan
05-01-2011, 10:31 AM
Garbage. It's about every team in the NBA competing against one another to get him. Take the Melo drama & multiply it by 10 fold at least.

s3antana5757
05-01-2011, 10:43 AM

This was disproven by both the Deron Williams and Carmelo Anthony trades. Both superstars, neither team(NJ and NYK respectively) gave up their best player. Brook Lopez is NJ's best player, and if you say he's not, he's definitely the most valuable. And Amare is definitely the best player on the NYK. Going all the way back to the Shaquille O'Neal trade, DWade was their best player, and he wasn't traded to LA. Want any more proof?

Sure, every team is going to offer their best player, but the reason these teams are garbage is because their players aren't that talented. They're going to want to know Dwight is signing an extension before a deal or they just give up their top player for nothing in a years time.

Even if you take the Lakers second best player, Gasol, they would still be a more than formidable team. Bynum would start at the 4 and Howard at the 5. Talk about defense. Bynum's value far outweighs KG's or Bosh's. We've seen that Bosh is about as soft as a pillow, and as a #1 option, will get your team to a 10 seed in the East. KG is getting very old and doesn't make sense if you're going to rebuild your franchise.

Orlando will never get equal value for Dwight, that's a fact. They're going to get one very good player, some fillers, and some picks.

Chill_Will_24
05-01-2011, 11:06 AM
This was disproven by both the Deron Williams and Carmelo Anthony trades. Both superstars, neither team(NJ and NYK respectively) gave up their best player. Brook Lopez is NJ's best player, and if you say he's not, he's definitely the most valuable. And Amare is definitely the best player on the NYK. Going all the way back to the Shaquille O'Neal trade, DWade was their best player, and he wasn't traded to LA. Want any more proof?

Sure, every team is going to offer their best player, but the reason these teams are garbage is because their players aren't that talented. They're going to want to know Dwight is signing an extension before a deal or they just give up their top player for nothing in a years time.

Even if you take the Lakers second best player, Gasol, they would still be a more than formidable team. Bynum would start at the 4 and Howard at the 5. Talk about defense. Bynum's value far outweighs KG's or Bosh's. We've seen that Bosh is about as soft as a pillow, and as a #1 option, will get your team to a 10 seed in the East. KG is getting very old and doesn't make sense if you're going to rebuild your franchise.

Orlando will never get equal value for Dwight, that's a fact. They're going to get one very good player, some fillers, and some picks.

:clap: ORL WILL get some value back but its so dependent on what Dwight wants. If the first wave of rumors is true and he is only looking at the Lakers and the Nets then ORL should think themselves lucky that both those teams have a young talented C with potental to trade back. Pick your poison ORL... Defense or offense... Speaking objectively i would want Bynum but speaking as a Nets fan i would hope they take the durable Lopez...

BigCityofDreams
05-01-2011, 11:32 AM
Garbage. It's about every team in the NBA competing against one another to get him. Take the Melo drama & multiply it by 10 fold at least.

That's going to be unbearable

xbrackattackx
05-01-2011, 11:32 AM
i think LA will give a shotty package but take Hedo or Arenas something like

Bynum
Brown
Blake
ebanks
picks

For

Howard
Arenas
Clark

xbrackattackx
05-01-2011, 11:38 AM
If I was La I would take both on just to make sure you get Dwight.

That would still be a deep team

Fisher/Arenas
Kobe/Barnes
Artest/Hedo
Pau/Odom/Clark
Dwight

ne3xchamps
05-01-2011, 11:40 AM
He will force Orlando's hand and tell them he won't sign an extension with anyone but L.A. just like the Melo to the Knicks debacle. So they might as well start discussing trade options now.

I would say Bynum, Shannon Brown, and a couple of 1st round picks should do the trick. They will have to make sure Brown agrees not to opt out first and the idea of a starting gig in Orlando with Jason Richardson likely leaving should be appealing and then he could be unrestricted the following year.

The thoughts of Fisher, Bryant, Artest, Odom, Gasol, and Howard are sick and definitely is going to force Miami to add some serious pieces if they want to challenge the Lakers with Dwight Howard.

well then the lakers mine as well wait until free agency. I don't know why everyone is so high on andrew glass knees bynum. straight up for D12 is absurd. Laker fans are sooo delusional about being able to trade for D12 with that s--y offer. get over yourselves.

ne3xchamps
05-01-2011, 11:43 AM
his trade value shrinks because he seems to be on his way outs and its about poosible compensation for orl. if it was like 2 seasons ago you could aks for all of that but not now, where the situation lowers his trade value

:laugh:wow. D12 with low trade value. now that's funny s--t!

BigCityofDreams
05-01-2011, 11:47 AM
well then the lakers mine as well wait until free agency. I don't know why everyone is so high on andrew glass knees bynum. straight up for D12 is absurd. Laker fans are sooo delusional about being able to trade for D12 with that s--y offer. get over yourselves.

Of course it wouldn't be straight up for Dwight. That would be a steal for the Lakers. It's not impossible for D12 to end up on the Lakers. The Magic will trade him instead of losing him for nothing.

ChiSoxJuan
05-01-2011, 11:49 AM
The Howard drama won't be unbearable because there won't be any. Unless you're living under a rock in LA, you should know by now that Judge Nelson wrote very favorable words in support of competitive balance measures like the franchise & transition player tags in the NFL. That was the lone set back for the NFLPA with her. Stern & the owners seem steadfast on getting these tags into the next NBA CBA & now they have court approval for them. So the odds are slim to none that it won't be in there.

Armed with these tags, ORL has all the leverage then. Howard doesn't go anywhere unless a team is willing to greatly overpay then.

As for Bynum, LA fans need to get over themselves. A team that you had a clear adv over in terms of size & length just took you to 6 gms. KT of the Bulls would've been just as effective vs that undersized Hornets team. Defensively, you pretty much just had to sit back & wait for the Hornets to turn the ball over. It doesn't get much worse than that in playoff basketball when it comes to handling the rock. You're in for a rude awakening with Dal, Mem/OKC, & Bos/Chi. You'll have to actually work at both ends then.

ne3xchamps
05-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Of course it wouldn't be straight up for Dwight. That would be a steal for the Lakers. It's not impossible for D12 to end up on the Lakers. The Magic will trade him instead of losing him for nothing.

I'm not saying its impossible, its just the people saying bynum for D12 is funny. they would have to come up with something ALOT better than that crap.

BigCityofDreams
05-01-2011, 11:57 AM
I'm not saying its impossible, its just the people saying bynum for D12 is funny. they would have to come up with something ALOT better than that crap.

Whenever someone says Bynum they mean him as the center piece for the trade. It's like when Net fans say Lopez.

ChiSoxJuan
05-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Provide a link where Orl has even shown the slightest interest in Bynum. He's no centerpiece. He may not even be worthy of starting soon. The centerpiece would have to be Gasol & the rest of the deal would have to beat all that NJ can offer.

ldawg
05-01-2011, 12:10 PM
looks best in purp and gold

nycericanguy
05-01-2011, 12:14 PM
NJ & NY can sign him outright, Howard doesn't have to worry about a new CBA like Melo did so he can sign where he wants.

If he wants CHI or LA then obviously it will have to be a trade.

BigCityofDreams
05-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Provide a link where Orl has even shown the slightest interest in Bynum. He's no centerpiece. He may not even be worthy of starting soon. The centerpiece would have to be Gasol & the rest of the deal would have to beat all that NJ can offer.

:facepalm:

Let me get this straight Orl who is strapped with bad contracts is going to rebuild around a 30 yr old finesse PF making big money.

mauricesports
05-01-2011, 06:11 PM
how can Miami offer magic a trade for howard? There's not much talent over there. unless they trade wade or lebron. Dwight howard is a all star player. all star player.

mauricesports
05-01-2011, 06:15 PM
yeah. howard for bynum. thats very funny

Napalm
05-01-2011, 09:15 PM
who could beat a deal of - EXPIRING CONTRACT OF Chris Kaman,top 5center in the league, Deandre Jodan 1 of the better center prospects in the league, 2012minnesota 1st rnd.pick could be a top5 pick,and Mo WILLIAMS 4 - DWIGHT AND ARENAS?

DWIGHT
BLAKE
AMINU
GODON
ARENAS/BLEDSOE

CLIPPERS COULD ALSO GIVE UP THERE 12 mil in capspace and take on HEDOS CONTRACT

TheLegend
05-01-2011, 09:36 PM

I don't think Otis Smith/Magic GM is that stupid where he would agree to a trade that ultimately leaves the Heat with Dwayne wade, Lebron James, and D. Howard. I mean, you'll have to be really stupid to complete a trade that allows a team to have Lebron, Wade, and D-12. Nobody's that dumb.

Chill_Will_24
05-01-2011, 09:38 PM
who could beat a deal of - EXPIRING CONTRACT OF Chris Kaman,top 5center in the league, Deandre Jodan 1 of the better center prospects in the league, 2012minnesota 1st rnd.pick could be a top5 pick,and Mo WILLIAMS 4 - DWIGHT AND ARENAS?

DWIGHT
BLAKE
AMINU
GODON
ARENAS/BLEDSOE

Nobody can beat that or even come close to it. Not to mention that you have the cap space to sign Deron Williams or Chris Paul to a max deal as well.

PG Deron Williams
SG Eric Gordon
SF Al Farooq Aminu
PF Blake Griffin
C Dwight Howard

:speechless: You guys are also in LA which is where Dwight wants to play... it makes sense on soooooo many levels.

s3antana5757
05-01-2011, 10:03 PM

Most oblivious post so far. Sure, Bynum has injury issues, but have you watched a Lakers game since the ASB? Bynum was the main reason the Lakers got past NO. I don't know exactly what his averages are, but I think it's been about 15 and 12. It's definitely been a double-double. And he's only 23.

5ass
05-01-2011, 10:17 PM

DWIGHT
BLAKE
AMINU
GODON
ARENAS/BLEDSOE

Ive been saying all along, the team that can put together the best offer is the Clippers, u just need Sterling to be willing to spend some money bcz Gordon,howard,blake and arenas will all have max contracts, but damn they would have one hell of a team especially if arenas goes back to playing good basketball

Stat&Meloallday
05-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Orlando's GM has donesuch a bad job building that team that it is actually really sad.....he is gone weather its this summer at the deadline or as a FA in the summer of '12

5ass
05-01-2011, 10:26 PM
clippers trade= kaman,Eric gordon, bledsoe, jordan, 2 1sts for howard+arenas/turk

KnicksR4Real
05-01-2011, 10:30 PM
Enough of these Dwight threads. They need to be merged

theSPECIALKID
05-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Nobody can beat that or even come close to it. Not to mention that you have the cap space to sign Deron Williams or Chris Paul to a max deal as well.

PG Deron Williams
SG Eric Gordon
SF Al Farooq Aminu
PF Blake Griffin
C Dwight Howard

:speechless: You guys are also in LA which is where Dwight wants to play... it makes sense on soooooo many levels.

Lol at Sterling doing that

Napalm
05-02-2011, 12:17 AM
Clippers would do that trade in a heartbeat although, we only have minnesotas 1st rounder 4 2012. I think there is a rule about not being able to trade consecutive draft picks

Chi StateOfMind
05-02-2011, 12:43 AM
If Dwight decides to leave one team will have one hell of a player that's all I know.

netfan83
05-02-2011, 03:22 PM
Howard Aiant going to no eastern conference team meng.

Gasol, Bynum, Walton and picks for Dwight gilberts and hedu contracts

Completely agree and I just posted this trade on another Howard thread before i found this thread. Any Laker fans that think LA is going to pass up the chance to do whatever possible to get Howard is delusional.

I think Nets will again drive up the bidding and force LA to accept Arenas, Turkoglu and Howard for Gasol, Bynum and Walton. There's no way that LA can get Howard without Magic trading him to them because of their salary structure, so they'll have to offer a big deal.

Arenas (especially if he rebounds physically and mentally), Kobe, Artest , Odom and Howard is still a championship contender and they get a chance to keep winning rings while also rebuilding around the best center in the league.

I hope LA thinks Magic are bluffing and that Nets get Howard. Lopez, multiple picks, salary relief, can possibly even include Turkeglu for less onerous contracts or more salary relief if we S&T Humphries for trade exception.

netfan83
05-02-2011, 03:32 PM
Ive been saying all along, the team that can put together the best offer is the Clippers, u just need Sterling to be willing to spend some money bcz Gordon,howard,blake and arenas will all have max contracts, but damn they would have one hell of a team especially if arenas goes back to playing good basketball

The Clips are the best destination as soon as Sterling sells the team.

apet8945
05-02-2011, 03:37 PM
I am 100% down to get Dwight and Arenas. It's obvious Clippers can offer the best package in terms of talent and get rid of one of their bad contracts. If Sterling opens up that wallet, then the Clips will become legit. We can then attract a really good PG to come here in 2012, and we got a championship team right there.

Paul/Williams
Arenas
Aminu
Griffin
Howard

JordansBulls
05-03-2011, 12:06 PM
clippers trade= kaman,Eric gordon, bledsoe, jordan, 2 1sts for howard+arenas/turk

Horrible deal for the Magic.

Chill_Will_24
05-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Horrible deal for the Magic.

No its not. Its better than anything that LA, NJ, NY, or CHI can offer

MagicHero3
05-03-2011, 05:08 PM
nobody can match Dwights value; if we trade him, there is no package/player we can receive that even comes close to matching his impact. We should trade Hedo for a laundry machine. We'd gain value there.
Then trade everyone else for Chris Paul.
BAM
we have ourselves a team again

The Jokemaker
05-03-2011, 05:16 PM
I hope Dwight stays in Orlando and they build a team around him. They aren't afraid to make trades and could very well swing another deal in the offseason that could work out. Maybe even bring in a new coach. The team went from the Finals to the ECF to the first round the past 3 seasons, so maybe they need a new guy at coach.

Chill_Will_24
05-03-2011, 05:28 PM
I hope Dwight stays in Orlando and they build a team around him. They aren't afraid to make trades and could very well swing another deal in the offseason that could work out. Maybe even bring in a new coach. The team went from the Finals to the ECF to the first round the past 3 seasons, so maybe they need a new guy at coach.

:laugh: Your name makes sense now...

Chill_Will_24
05-03-2011, 05:34 PM
nobody can match Dwights value; if we trade him, there is no package/player we can receive that even comes close to matching his impact. We should trade Hedo for a laundry machine. We'd gain value there.
BAM

Magic fans need to come to grips with the facts. The writing is on the wall. Dwight is leaving. Your choice of players are in NY, NJ, CHI, LA, LAC, and maybe DAL. No use turning your nose up at their players because your team is not in a position to be picky. I've heard some of the Magic fans say ******** things like "i would rather let him walk and get the cap space than trade him for crap"... but thats stupid. Getting Bynum, Lopez, Noah, EGordon etc is not the worst thing you can get for a player that wants out. Swallow your pride and realize this.

ne3xchamps
05-03-2011, 05:48 PM
BAM

I've said the same thing, almost a few times. why wouldn't dwight want to stay, talk to CP3 during the offseason. almost like the heat big 3, but they did it at the olympics. I don't know why everyone doesn't think this could happen.

Chill_Will_24
05-03-2011, 05:53 PM
I've said the same thing, almost a few times. why wouldn't dwight want to stay, talk to CP3 during the offseason. almost like the heat big 3, but they did it at the olympics. I don't know why everyone doesn't think this could happen.

Because ORL doesnt have the pieces to get that type of deal done, CP3 is probably headed to NY, and Deron Williams is already commiting to Brooklyn. Maybe they can get Andre Iguodala.