PDA

View Full Version : Round one: Nuggets(1), Referees(4): Referees advance

BallTillifall
04-28-2011, 07:54 PM
Weird title huh? I mean werent the Nuggets supposed to face the OKC Thunder in round 1? **** i thought so to, but this is the NBA, and as the slogan says: "NBA: Where Bull**** Happens"

First off, before i go any further, i appologize for the bad language in this thread, but i am one pissed off Nuggets fan.

Here is what happened:

Game 1: the "Tip in" that counted, but was obviously basket interference. what do the referres do? 2 points, nuggets ball

no replay to check what happened, lets just go and play ball

after that point, the nuggets players felt cheated, and its possible they lost confidence in that game, and could be a reason they had lost it

had that call been called correctly, i believe the nuggets could have won that game

Game 2:

the carry over of that call could have had an effect on game 2

Game 3: at this point, the nuggets just cant beat the thunder

Game 4: they show some life, and win a game

Game 5: KD gets the ball over the line, CLEARLY STEPS ON IT!

Referee 1: "ok its a turnover"

Refere 2: "Bull to the **** ninja! i bet money on this game, and plus, Mr. Stern said the thunder must win this series, lets just end it now so we both can profit"

Referee 1: "oh right i forgot, alright, Thunder Ball!"

Nuggets players reaction: "Mother ****** what???!"

nuggets lose series in 5 games, and i believe atleast 3 of those losses are the fault of these referees and their little agendas

had the referres called the series both correctly and fairly, the nuggets would have lost the series in 6 games anyway

no disrespect to the thunder or their fans, but you didnt beat us, the referees did, but you would have won anyways. so congratulations

Bulls vs Pacers:

Carlos boozer most have gotten fouled at the rim atleast 5-7 times over the course of the series, not one was called

Heat vs Sixers:

i didnt watch this series to be honest, because who really wanted to see it??

anyways, the Heat having 50 more freethrows than the Sixers simply shouldnt happen.

Thoughts?

Khalifa21
04-28-2011, 08:03 PM
I voted all 4 because I could

210Don
04-28-2011, 08:04 PM
lmao

dnewguy
04-28-2011, 08:06 PM
L M A O...i actually agree to some extent but please dont tell me the refs gave the Heat that series. Did you watch game 5?

I think this a homer thread also, you're defending the Bulls, a series that was more one-sided officiating than the Miami series.

Aapox
04-28-2011, 08:08 PM
Uh, you can step in the backcourt on an inbound pass if you haven't established possession yet in the frontcourt, which he did not. He established possession when he caught the ball with his foot already on the line.

Also, comparing free-throws, in my opinion, is one of the worst arguments in all of refereeing discussions. Some times go to the basket and draw fouls more efficiently and more quantitatively than others do. When you have Lebron and D-Wade, and throw in Bosh, 3 players who are excellent at drawing fouls, you're going to shoot a TON of free throws.

I will agree with you though that the Kendrick Perkins goaltend was an awful missed call and really hurt the Nuggets.

BallTillifall
04-28-2011, 08:13 PM
L M A O...i actually agree to some extent but please dont tell me the refs gave the Heat that series. Did you watch game 5?

I think this a homer thread also, you're defending the Bulls, a series that was more one-sided officiating than the Miami series.

nope, but i did see the end of the game in which "the best player in the nba" missed yet another clutch shot

im not saying that the referees gave the heat the series, im just stating other injustices

BallTillifall
04-28-2011, 08:14 PM
Uh, you can step in the backcourt on an inbound pass if you haven't established possession yet in the frontcourt, which he did not. He established possession when he caught the ball with his foot already on the line.

Also, comparing free-throws, in my opinion, is one of the worst arguments in all of refereeing discussions. Some times go to the basket and draw fouls more efficiently and more quantitatively than others do. When you have Lebron and D-Wade, and throw in Bosh, 3 players who are excellent at drawing fouls, you're going to shoot a TON of free throws.

I will agree with you though that the Kendrick Perkins goaltend was an awful missed call and really hurt the Nuggets.

idk if u can find me a video, but htis ninja caught the ball in the front court and stepped on the line

a blind man could see that

JNA17
04-28-2011, 08:16 PM
all 4 because i feel like it

BallTillifall
04-28-2011, 08:18 PM
all 4 because i feel like it

i guess i see how one gets over 5,000 posts on this site, i will follow your example in the future

i thought we couldn't spam

:cool:

JNA17
04-28-2011, 08:19 PM
i guess i see how one gets over 5,000 posts on this site, i will follow your example in the future

:cool:

you would be wise to do so. :nod:

davids22
04-28-2011, 08:25 PM
I believe the NBA wants certain teams to advance because it will generate better ratings, but that doesn't necessarily mean they influence it. Otherwise, we would have had a Lebron vs Kobe finals already. The media had pretty much hyped up the Lebron vs Kobe finals matchup last year with those puppet commercials.

If the NBA was rigged, a small-market team like San Antonio or Orlando wouldn't be making the finals, let alone winning it. Trust me, I've been pissed at the NBA before, and even used the free-throw argument, but you have to realize that some teams just penetrate more and some teams shoot more. The only game I truly was upset about officiating wise was game 7 of the finals last year. The Lakers shot more free throws in the 4th quarter than the Celtics did the entire game, not to mention Gasol had a clear up-and-down in the final 2 minutes that didn't get called. But looking back on it, it makes no sense to influence who WINS game 7. The only motivating factor that the NBA would have to influence would be to draw more ratings. People were already watching the game, so there's no need to influence who WINS it, unless you think that LA would sell more championship merchandise than Boston. But that's just silly; each franchise is equally as large and historic with just as many fans for both sides.

BallTillifall
04-28-2011, 08:31 PM
I believe the NBA wants certain teams to advance because it will generate better ratings, but that doesn't necessarily mean they influence it. Otherwise, we would have had a Lebron vs Kobe finals already. The media had pretty much hyped up the Lebron vs Kobe finals matchup last year with those puppet commercials.

If the NBA was rigged, a small-market team like San Antonio or Orlando wouldn't be making the finals, let alone winning it. Trust me, I've been pissed at the NBA before, and even used the free-throw argument, but you have to realize that some teams just penetrate more and some teams shoot more. The only game I truly was upset about officiating wise was game 7 of the finals last year. The Lakers shot more free throws in the 4th quarter than the Celtics did the entire game, not to mention Gasol had a clear up-and-down in the final 2 minutes that didn't get called. But looking back on it, it makes no sense to influence who WINS game 7. The only motivating factor that the NBA would have to influence would be to draw more ratings. People were already watching the game, so there's no need to influence who WINS it, unless you think that LA would sell more championship merchandise than Boston. But that's just silly; each franchise is equally as large and historic with just as many fans for both sides.

i didnt even read the whole thing, space ur thing out man! damn

anyway, this isnt about market teams, its about the NBA wanting certain matchups

and i think the NBA wants LA vs Thunder and Miami vs Chicago

jimbobjarree
04-28-2011, 08:31 PM
:laugh2:

Baller1
04-28-2011, 08:39 PM
:laugh:

Did the refs make the Nuggets miss their free throws?

Nevermind, I'm not even gonna waste my time.

BallTillifall
04-28-2011, 08:41 PM
:laugh:

Did the refs make the Nuggets miss their free throws?

Nevermind, I'm not even gonna waste my time.

this isnt even about you guys, its about the officiating as i said you would have beat us anyway. but wouldn't you rather beat a team without controversy?