PDA

View Full Version : Wonder how many people will be killing LBJ if.....

metsfan4ever
04-28-2011, 10:40 AM
On the last play of the game Wade with the game pretty much over and dunked it.
I know skip bayless will have a field day if it was LBJ

Did Wade get a pass?
if it was LBJ would everyone be having a Field day with him today

I didnt do this to bait or nothing just wanna know what you guys think?

JDizzle
04-28-2011, 10:46 AM
I got mad when Wade did that. .You had the game already won, the sixers were going to the sidelines Ethier Lebron or Wade I didnt think it was nesscary

TomTerrific
04-28-2011, 10:47 AM
Yeah I noticed that too... And to answer your question, Yes they would be all over him because LBJ probably would have threw it down 10x harder.

Avenged
04-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Non issue to me.

If Kobe would have done that, Laker fans would have loved it, especially since it's the playoffs.

If Rose would have done it, the way they're all over him, there's no denying they wouldn't have loved it in my opinion.

If your favorite player on your team would have done it, it would be a non issue.

But to answer your question, if it were Lebron, the guy would be facing heavy criticism.

Crackadalic
04-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Im not gonna lie. Im a big D-wade fan but it kinda bothered me that he did that but its not that big of a deal

ManRam
04-28-2011, 10:53 AM
This is the truth. If he did that it would be a huge NBA story, perhaps even superseding his team's win.

Notice all the players in the Denver series that didn't shake hands too (some did, some didn't). Not a peep about that. Every series there are players that just leave the court...but LeBron is the only one we care about.

He will forever be treated with a huge double-standard.

Big Zo
04-28-2011, 10:58 AM
I just think people need to stop getting mad over stupid things.

m26555
04-28-2011, 10:59 AM
I guess you guys didn't see all of the bashing (which was well-deserved, by the way) Wade took in the game thread after that happened yesterday.

Avenged
04-28-2011, 11:01 AM
I guess you guys didn't see all of the bashing (which was well-deserved, by the way) Wade took in the game thread after that happened yesterday.

Yeah on PSD.. Which were 95% Bulls fans to begin with.

Big Zo
04-28-2011, 11:07 AM
Howcome no one has made a stink about Zack Randolph telling the crowd to hush when he thought they had the game won? Wait, nevermind. The ever so classy people from the windy city have no interest in that series...

AntiG
04-28-2011, 11:10 AM
yeah, that was BS. Terrible sportsmanship by Wade.

gaughan333
04-28-2011, 11:10 AM
Non issue to me.

If Kobe would have done that, Laker fans would have loved it, especially since it's the playoffs.

If Rose would have done it, the way they're all over him, there's no denying they wouldn't have loved it in my opinion.

If your favorite player on your team would have done it, it would be a non issue.

But to answer your question, if it were Lebron, the guy would be facing heavy criticism.
I don't care who did it, I felt it was unnecessary. Win with some class...

m26555
04-28-2011, 11:11 AM
Howcome no one has made a stink about Zack Randolph telling the crowd to hush when he thought they had the game won? Wait, nevermind. The ever so classy people from the windy city have no interest in that series...
That was stupid too, but it's not NEARLY the same thing. Z-Bo made himself look like an idiot; what Wade did was a slap in the face to Philly.

Hawkeye15
04-28-2011, 11:14 AM
This is the truth. If he did that it would be a huge NBA story, perhaps even superseding his team's win.

Notice all the players in the Denver series that didn't shake hands too (some did, some didn't). Not a peep about that. Every series there are players that just leave the court...but LeBron is the only one we care about.

pretty much nailed it. I honestly thought it was tasteless of Wade, but thought nothing of it 4 seconds after it was done. And you are damn right that if LJ had done it, we would be on page 24 of a thread created 2 nanoseconds after the game.

Big Zo
04-28-2011, 11:16 AM
That was stupid too, but it's not NEARLY the same thing. Z-Bo made himself look like an idiot; what Wade did was a slap in the face to Philly.

Hmm... Telling people to shut up vs. Dunking a basketball. I don't know about that one.

ne3xchamps
04-28-2011, 11:17 AM

:laugh2: true. for some reason or another bulls fans are just so anti heat its crazy. By the way good luck in the series with the c's. It should be classic! can't wait for sunday! :clap::cheers:

m26555
04-28-2011, 11:17 AM
Hmm... Telling people to shut up vs. Dunking a basketball. I don't know about that one.
Telling people to shut up in a game that was still very much up in the air vs. dunking against a team that WASN'T defending you when you're up by four with time expiring? Yeah; I definitely think Wade's move was more classless.

Rajin
04-28-2011, 11:18 AM

I get what you're saying but I don't think "double-standard" is the word for it. He gets a lot of attention because of how good he is, yes. But he's also brought a lot of the attention on himself. When you market yourself as a billion-dollar brand, you're going to be put under a microscope. When you say dumb things in the media, same thing. When you make a one hour special out of your free-agency decision, we're in a whole other level of attention. It comes with the territory, and while it's wrong to criticize him and not Wade for something like this, I'm not exactly sympathetic.

gotoHcarolina52
04-28-2011, 11:18 AM
Every team should strive for good sportsmanship, be it a pop warner team or a professional one. What Wade did was unnecessary, especially given that it came against a Doug Collins-coached team. Doug is all class all the time. And none of those Philly players did anything to merit a slap in the face (excepting Thaddeus Young's head-butting of James Jones). If you're going to punch a team in the mouth when they're down, do it against a team that plays dirty. Don't do it against the Sixers.

:facepalm:

That said, it seems as if Wade is accepting the villain role, which may turn out to be a good thing. Or maybe he was simply airing out some frustration.

m26555
04-28-2011, 11:19 AM
LeBron is treated with a "huge double-standard" because he brings it all on himself. End of story.

AntiG
04-28-2011, 11:19 AM
Non issue to me.

Its a classless move, regardless of which player does it.

ne3xchamps
04-28-2011, 11:22 AM
Every team should strive for good sportsmanship, be it a pop warner team or a professional one. What Wade did was unnecessary, especially given that it came against a Doug Collins-coached team. Doug is all class all the time. And none of those Philly players did anything to merit a slap in the face (excepting Thaddeus Young's head-butting of James Jones). If you're going to punch a team in the mouth when they're down, do it against a team that plays dirty. Don't do it against the Sixers.

:facepalm:

That said, it seems as if Wade is accepting the villain role, which may turn out to be a good thing. Or maybe he was simply airing out some frustration.

why do the c's "deserve" it? bring it on though. there are some heat fans that "deserve" to get a head butt.

SoxBearsBulls!
04-28-2011, 11:23 AM
If LBJ would´ve dunked the ball like Wade did last night, he would´ve been killed by the press since he has a history of douche moves like not shaking hands with the Magic players and quiting on Cleveland.

You stay classy, Wade!

Dark Donnie
04-28-2011, 11:23 AM
Coincidentally...that dunk put the game Over for Total Points in Vegas :eyebrow:

m26555
04-28-2011, 11:26 AM
Coincidentally...that dunk put the game Over for Total Points in Vegas :eyebrow:
:laugh2:

That is pretty ironic.

SoxBearsBulls!
04-28-2011, 11:26 AM
Non issue to me.

Blablabla, Kobe has never done it nor Rose, your point makes no sense...classless move regardless of the player.

PhillyFaninLA
04-28-2011, 11:28 AM
I'm a Sixers fan and it don't bother me. I don't let stuff like that get to me. It does not change the out come of the game.

People need to move on from the Lebron hate, its just better to let hate go then to focus on it.

rapjuicer06
04-28-2011, 11:29 AM
why do the c's "deserve" it? bring it on though. there are some heat fans that "deserve" to get a head butt.

did you see anywhere in what he wrote saying the c's? i think this is just you claiming your team is dirty. thats kind of funny

m26555
04-28-2011, 11:30 AM
did you see anywhere in what he wrote saying the c's? i think this is just you claiming your team is dirty. thats kind of funny
Actually, he originally did, but he edited it.

PhillyFaninLA
04-28-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm also going to add that sometimes a team need a dunk like that, even if at the wrong time. Wade may have done that dunk to emphatically close the series and get the team even more pumped for there next game.

rapjuicer06
04-28-2011, 11:32 AM
Actually, he originally did, but he edited it.

oh, then i apologize to the celtic fan

ChitownSports16
anyone have a clip of this? I missed it.

m26555
I'm also going to add that sometimes a team need a dunk like that, even if at the wrong time. Wade may have done that dunk to emphatically close the series and get the team even more pumped for there next game.
I highly doubt that dunk is going to get Miami any more pumped for game one which isn't until Sunday.

Big Zo
04-28-2011, 11:33 AM
Telling people to shut up in a game that was still very much up in the air vs. dunking against a team that WASN'T defending you when you're up by four with time expiring? Yeah; I definitely think Wade's move was more classless.

Alright so if anyone ever tells me to shut up, i'll just dunk a basketball while holding a clock that reads all zeros and totally PWN them.

jockrider
04-28-2011, 11:35 AM
skip is a personality, he is paid to act this way if he was praising lebrons name all the time he'd be out of a job by now.

metsfan4ever
04-28-2011, 11:36 AM
skip is a personality, he is paid to act this way if he was praising lebrons name all the time he'd be out of a job by now.

Lmfao, you really think that.

sep11ie
04-28-2011, 11:37 AM
*would be

Panthers4life
it was a douche move on his part. and they can win with class. they whine about every fould call. lebron was whining so much he didn't even get back on defense and gave up an easy 2 last night. exactly why they wont win the nba championship. dont see the celtics giving up easy baskets like that

mttwlsn16

this

njnets
04-28-2011, 11:39 AM
wade is an ******* for doing that. no sportsmanship at all. i was really upset when that happened. no need for it. with 2 seconds left, just hold onto the ball. real classless play on his part.

Niro
04-28-2011, 11:40 AM

this

Sly Guy
04-28-2011, 11:40 AM
bad form to put points on the board with the game already in hand. No excuse for it, no matter who it is. It's one of those 'classy' issues, seems to me this generation of players are losing it.

giventofly
04-28-2011, 11:42 AM
Non issue to me.

That's not true. I don't like it when anyone does that. Even if Rose did it, I wouldn't applaud.

Big Zo
04-28-2011, 11:42 AM
Was embracing Doug Collins and the sixers players after the game also a dick move? Just curious.

jockrider
04-28-2011, 11:43 AM
Lmfao, you really think that.

you can see through it so easily, all his arguments are ridiculous. also all over espn/tnt you always have that "guy" who makes extreme statements where everyone in the group disagrees with that's what makes it entertaining.

people may hate skip bayless but the bottom line is you can't keep your eye's off of him because you want to know what he says next.

The Final Boss
04-28-2011, 11:53 AM
Who's Lebron James?

TO to the CHI
04-28-2011, 12:00 PM
pretty much nailed it. I honestly thought it was tasteless of Wade, but thought nothing of it 4 seconds after it was done. And you are damn right that if LJ had done it, we would be on page 24 of a thread created 2 nanoseconds after the game.

LeBron James is the best player in basketball. With that in mind, his conduct, performance, attitude, etc. does get higher scrutiny.

That is no different than other players who have been the best in the league. The media focus on Michael Jordan was a lot more significant than it was on Hakeem Olajuwon for example.

So yeah, more would be made of it were it LeBron, but that is because of his stature in the game more than anything else.

mikealike305
04-28-2011, 12:06 PM
Oh yea if lebron did that, it makes headlines. Like avenged said in a post earlier. If your favorite player did that woulndt u love it? Of course u would. I loved it. I actually wish he would of thrown it down or threw it up for lebron lol.

SteBO
04-28-2011, 12:07 PM
Yeah, very poor judgment on Wade's part. Just holding the ball and running the clock out would've done just fine. But LeBron has become that guy to ridicule now, and if he did that, then we would never hear the end of it, not just on PSD, but nationally as well.

Avenged
04-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Oh yea if lebron did that, it makes headlines. Like avenged said in a post earlier. If your favorite player did that woulndt u love it? Of course u would. I loved it. I actually wish he would of thrown it down or threw it up for lebron lol.

We are just classless like that. ;)

Double_R
04-28-2011, 12:13 PM
Yeah, very poor judgment on Wade's part. Just holding the ball and running the clock out would've done just fine. But LeBron has become that guy to ridicule now, and if he did that, then we would never hear the end of it, not just on PSD, but nationally as well.

This...

If I were a Heat fan I would still think the same way. Yea Wade gets a pass over Lebron for sure.

Khri
04-28-2011, 12:14 PM
I love what Wade did, I would love it even more if Lebron was the one doing it, seeing all these haters here crying is beautiful.

Teeboy1487
04-28-2011, 12:15 PM
I thought it was classless of Wade.

mikealike305
04-28-2011, 12:16 PM
we are just classless like that. ;)

haha yea guess so

Sadds The Gr8
04-28-2011, 12:22 PM
that was a douche move, but it doesn't surprise me because when u hang out with douches (Lebron and Rupaul), you take after their kind of antics.

DaBear
04-28-2011, 12:25 PM
I really don't care if Wade or LBJ did it. This is the NBA. If you can't take it, grow a pair.

jockrider
04-28-2011, 12:29 PM
I really don't care if Wade or LBJ did it. This is the NBA. If you can't take it, grow a pair.

:nod:

mikealike305
04-28-2011, 12:31 PM

THANK U! this. these are grown *** men, not little boys. i dont think any 6ers started cring after it was done.

plus like dabears said, this is the NBA. it was a game in Miami. it wasnt in philly. he was entertaining his fans. i can assure u that every fan there LOVED it. so whats wrong with him entertaining the ppl that are paying money for him to entertain them?

DoubleDragon
04-28-2011, 12:48 PM
Non issue to me.

Not true.
And when Sasha Vujacic did it to some team in the play-offs, he got smashed by us Laker fans (and publicly raked by his teammates). I thought the exiting 76ers deserved a better send off from a veteran superstar than that. I understand sending a message, but there was no next game. They were a defeated young team.
But...whatever. It isn't much of an issue. Just have to respond to posts that make blanket statements about a team's entire fanbase. I'm sure there were even some Heat fans that felt, for lack of a better word, uncomfortable. we're not all extremist robots last I checked;)

hgtiger32
04-28-2011, 12:49 PM
while it probably wasn't the best idea, I think Wade was trying to dunk at the buzzer. Honestly, I think he knows better and let's be honest, there was 0.6 seconds left after he dunked it. I think his intention was to dunk it at the buzzer or half a seconds after the buzzer as a celebration dunk

nolin
04-28-2011, 12:49 PM

totally different. every away player wants to quiet the crowd what randolph did was nothing wrong with. back to the main topic if bron would of been the one to dunk it. yes it would of been the #1 news of the day. well maybe besides the NFL draft.

king4day
04-28-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm not a fan of it usually but with 10 seconds left and Philly basically walked off the court, why not go dunk it. The guy who didn't need to do anything but take it up court is the only one who was still playing. So he was rewarded for it.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
04-28-2011, 01:18 PM
I just think people need to stop getting mad over stupid things.

your sig says it all

however, i do agree, it is a stupid thing to get mad at.

if he wants to act like a diva and show 0 sportsmanship, let him, dont reason to be mad!!

Chronz
04-28-2011, 02:05 PM
Wade has done this before

Raph12
04-28-2011, 03:00 PM
He did it because 9-24 looks much worse than 10-25 ;)

heathonater
04-28-2011, 03:01 PM
its ridiculous how much criticism lebron gets for his on the court play. if he passes to a wide open guy in a game winning situation, and the guy misses, lebron gets hammered for being too passive in late game situations. or if lebron actually takes the last shot and misses, he gets hammered for being an unclutch player. for some reason, the media loves to criticize lebron, which i think is unwarranted if we are talking about his on court play.

Jaji
04-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Yeah, LBJ woulda caught hell.

Stack_NJNets
04-28-2011, 06:12 PM
I saw that. It was funked up.

KnicksR4Real
04-28-2011, 06:18 PM
LeBron would be dead.

Lake_Show2416
04-28-2011, 06:21 PM
if you dont check him for the dunk its the opposing teams own fault for letting it happen

HIT HIM IN THE MOUTH :laugh2: ....but ya your completely right Lebron would have gotten it, at least from Skip

jzero
04-28-2011, 06:25 PM
yeah, that was BS. Terrible sportsmanship by Wade.

HAHA says a celtics fan
i hope garnett gets his face punched
there WILL be a brawl

2-15's4-22's
04-28-2011, 06:25 PM
1 why are people still talking about it, its not like he dunked and then did that weak *** bosh roar and ran off , he went straight to DC gave him a hug told him some stuff and went to the players and did the same.i mean to me he looked like he was trying to dunk at the buzzer

2 if LBJ did it then 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th down would have been about him rome would have been in flames and the 2 bald eagles on PTI would have had a 5 minute interview and gave him 5 f's

smith&wesson
04-28-2011, 06:26 PM
Doesnt matter if it was lebron or not. Im a huge D wade fan and i was disapointed in him. that was a bitcch move. wheres the respect ?

papipapsmanny
04-28-2011, 06:30 PM
thats what happens when historically you come off as a huge *******. And when the other guy is someone everyone used to like a lot, but doesn't now as much because that huge ******* is on his team.

Ovratd1up
04-28-2011, 06:31 PM
at least he can score in the clutch

naps
04-28-2011, 06:46 PM
God, Bulls fans are disgusting! They act like LeBron didn't dump Cleveland, he dumped Chicago.

I didn't really care about what Wade did. It was more of an expression of relief for him to finally get a team and get past the first round since 2006. If LeBron did it there would be 15 threads to bash him on psd. And the media would go crazy over him as well.

Jonathan2323
04-28-2011, 06:48 PM
Didn't bother me as a fan of the HEAT. It was the end of the series and he just wanted to pump the crowd up. I could see where some people might have a problem with it.

Jewelz0376
04-28-2011, 07:06 PM
I was surprised he did it...and I don't think he should have....I think he should have just dribbled the clock out because it was obvious the Sixers weren't fouling...I still didn't think it was that big a deal though

northsider
04-28-2011, 07:08 PM
It def. didn't bother me enough to think about it even 5 mins after it happened. I thought it was kind of stupid but, I really don't give a ****.