PDA

View Full Version : Is Carlos Boozer or the Bulls at fault? PSD

the411
04-27-2011, 09:27 AM
alot of talks have resuscitated over the past few game even last few months about boozers lak of offensive produce.

his defensive rating is through the roof at a stagger 99!

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/boozeca01.html

his fg% is down, his rebs are down, but that is due to noah as boozers offensive rebs remain the same as towards last seasons

he is averaging 12 point, 11 rebounds, on 37percentage shooting through these for games of the playoff

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/1703/carlos-boozer

he has average under 17 points for the last 3 months

but my preposition is that it isnt all his faults, you know? sure he make idiotic foul like slapping someone hand while getting position, or bumping someone on way up the court.

as bosh say : "i am a big man i needs to get the ball where big man get it!"

well, i say same thing for boozer, too many high post catches, not enough utalizing of the pick and roll between him and rose, no pick and pop, now straight up low post touches

everythign boozer gers is either at the 15' mark or maybe 5 feet in the post if rose penetrates, and then boozer still miss the shot, unbelievbly

i think they need to make more of an efforts to give him the ball early in the game, in the low post, set him up early!

GET HIM TO THE GREEK!

he also needs to plays smarter, so this isnt to say that it isnt at all his fault, he makes stupid decision, and needs to stop making foolish fouls. but i kno he dont want to disrupt chemistry of the team, but just talk to the coach and say i need the ball where i can be effective

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcSoL9iCM90

through outs the entire carrer of boozer, he has had 1 patented move, the spin cycle

people wills be quick to say that he was a waste of moneys, but utalize him first!

THE_G.O.A.T.
04-27-2011, 09:37 AM
Nobody cares about Boozer Taj Gibson is a more reliable big man for them anyways.

the411
04-27-2011, 09:39 AM
a clearer i.x just incase some people dont understand by getting the ball where big mens get it

its kinda like, working at Intel, and you are trying to make a chip right? and they give you some tools, but not all the tools and say we need you to make the chip. and you have to make a deadline to make the chip or you fire.

how do i make the chip when im not getting the correct tools?

how can i do the job you bring me here to do without the things i needs to do the job with??

cannot be done, cant play with em, cant coach with em

we half to be on the same page, coach and player

you bring me in knowing you need low post scoring, yet you have me shooting the jump shot?

i am not chris bosh, or dirk, i need the ball in the paint

sure i can hit the J ,but that sould supplements my post game, not having my post game supplements my J

you know?

CostanzaNumba0
04-27-2011, 09:40 AM
boozer will be fine, hes a good player but i do think they shouldve gone harder after amare

the411
04-27-2011, 09:40 AM
Nobody cares about Boozer Taj Gibson is a more reliable big man for them anyways.

i say he need to get his act together or ship him out and his huge contract for a 2 guard

D-Block21-Chito
04-27-2011, 09:46 AM
At first I was glad becuase from what I saw at Utah boozer was the stronger than bosh and amare and I wanted that bully PF but after watching him just mope around and just yell I really wish we had amare. I still think we can't trade him for a 2 guard because if need be when the going gets tough gibson asik thomas will not cut it in the NBA finals

the411
04-27-2011, 09:47 AM
boozer will be fine, hes a good player but i do think they shouldve gone harder after amare

would not have work

reason being?

1. Amare wanted to be "the man", he came to new york to ressucitate the knicks and be the man who brought them back to prominence

2. the bulls knew rose was going to have to be their leader, him and the STATS would not have been able to co exsist, STATS would have want to be the man, he didnt want people to think rose was his nash and that STATS was the 2nd fiddle

3. you may say: STATS doesnt care about being the man, he want the knicks to get comega anthony!

what could he have done, say no? i dont want help?

but anyways, this is about boozer, keep the rest of these 2010 free agents out, it is wayward

the411
04-27-2011, 09:48 AM
At first I was glad becuase from what I saw at Utah boozer was the stronger than bosh and amare and I wanted that bully PF but after watching him just mope around and just yell I really wish we had amare. I still think we can't trade him for a 2 guard because if need be when the going gets tough gibson asik thomas will not cut it in the NBA finals

its just his offense that is the problems, the rebouns is still there at 11.5 durnign the playoffs

i blame tibbless a bit for not getting him in the low box

chitown815
04-27-2011, 09:55 AM

amare wanted a max deal boozer settled for less
boozer 14,400,000 13,500,000 15,000,000 15,300,000 16,800,000
Amare 16,486,611 18,207,275 19,948,799 21,679,893 23,410,988

In reality Amare would have prevented the Bulls from getting better in the future, the Bulls wouldn't of afforded Kyle Korver this year for instance (most 4th quarter(CLUTCH) 3's in the NBA)The Bulls also have to give Derrick Rose a max soon, Boozer will be fine, it seems ever since that bachelor lady outted their affair, his head hasn't been there

Mile High Champ
04-27-2011, 10:04 AM
Defensive rating is very much more so a product of the team rather than Boozers individual play. That being said, I do believe Boozer is doing what he can. I never really thought much of him to be honest, a good number 2 scoring option in the post but never a guy that was going to take over a series by himself. I will be interested to see how he responds in the next round when the Bulls go up against a better opponent in the Magic or Hawks.

theheatles
04-27-2011, 10:08 AM
boozer and melo have shown a ton of similarities on the defensive end this year...they both increased their effort on d and it seems they are just not comfortable playing on ball d so they get fidgety and always slap their opponent like a couple of girls resulting in terrible fouls

the411
04-27-2011, 10:20 AM
boozer and melo have shown a ton of similarities on the defensive end this year...they both increased their effort on d and it seems they are just not comfortable playing on ball d so they get fidgety and always slap their opponent like a couple of girls resulting in terrible fouls

i kno right!!

like if ur going to get a fouls, hit somebody, not like a flagrant, but push a moscuffer into the 3rd row

playaman
04-27-2011, 10:20 AM
Booz's defense is probably my biggest complaint about him... As far as the offensive side goes you have to remember he has barely played a little over 20 games with the entire starting line up. Noah is a much bigger part of that offense than people think. His presence changes and effects the way Boozer plays. When Noah was out Booz did very well offensively. Noah comes back and neither one of them have been exceptional. It is going to take them deep into next season to really click as one offensive unit, but in the meantime please put a hand in someone's face!

jp611
04-27-2011, 10:31 AM
I'd like to see them run the pick and roll more often with him... It's when he does best... That being said, if this turf toe doesnt hold him back, I think he will be a big factor in the coming rounds, and people will stop *****ing and complaining about him

the411
04-27-2011, 10:35 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=6434455

turf toe

i wonder if he knows that rose has had turf toe and it doesnts go away, and rose was played through it

tr3ymill3r
04-27-2011, 10:44 AM
Cleveland made Boozer look great because they had nobody around him, then he jumped at the money and went to Utah where Deron Williams made him look even better. Williams would get into the paint and give Boozer easier shots when Boozer's man would leak to help on Williams penetration. However with Rose being more of a shoot first PG, Boozer gets lost in the shuffle and gets bored. He's money hungry, and you get what you pay for.

JordansBulls
04-27-2011, 10:58 AM
To me it is the dumb fouls.

sep11ie
04-27-2011, 10:59 AM
To blame for what? Winning the series?

Shkelqim
04-27-2011, 11:16 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=6434455

turf toe

i wonder if he knows that rose has had turf toe and it doesnts go away, and rose was played through it

Thats a ridiculous assumption. Rose is almost 10 years younger. Boozers body is beat up, a turf toe is going to slow him down. In 10 years from now if Rose gets any type of injury you'll see a different rose.

Boozer will be fine, what do u expect the guy to do? You just won a series 4-1. Hansborough caught fire in some games, i don't think anyone would of stopped him.

Stop complaining and support your whole team. I'm a sixers fan i don't ***** if Brand doesn't score 20 and 10. It's part of basketball ups and downs..

ugottabjoshinme
04-27-2011, 01:05 PM
I don't think the Bulls feed Boozer the ball enough in the post. They should be tossing it down there all the time, especially against Hansbrough.

Baller1
04-27-2011, 01:25 PM
A bit of both. The Bulls seem to forget he's on the floor at times, but then again he's usually in foul trouble.

He's been extremely underwhelming this season, regardless of who's fault it is.

Mano86
04-27-2011, 01:27 PM
i pick all of the above but for the most part all of his struggles are his fault. thibs has said it many times he wants the bulls to play inside-out. everytime the bulls give the ball to boozer in the post he just faces up and shoots a contested fade-away j. he tries so hard to defend his fouls by playing no help defense (i dont consider screaming at a player driving at him as help D), but then he commits the stupidest fouls like pushing a player in the back to get a rebound instead of working harder before the shot goes up to get in position. from what i saw the pacers drove the ball towards boozers side of the floor a lot and ended up getting a lay-up or a foul.

Chi StateOfMind
04-27-2011, 01:52 PM
But even when he gets the ball he is settling for fadeaway jumpers. He is a very talented player, and I remember earlier in the season when he was dropping 30 points. I do feel the Bulls should run pick & roll more often b/c he is at his best during. But this series I felt he should of DOMINATED hansbrough and it was the opposite. Everytime he made a mistake it's like everyone knew here comes a stupid foul. Hopefully this problem gets corrected b/c we will need Booz in order to advance and win series.

metsbulls1025
04-27-2011, 01:56 PM
Could it not just be because of a specific match up?

Cool007
04-27-2011, 02:00 PM
I am sorry but those are the options???

How about Man-up and play? These are the god damn playoffs. Deal with it and play your 110% ball.

AIRMAR72
04-27-2011, 02:04 PM
Cleveland made Boozer look great because they had nobody around him, then he jumped at the money and went to Utah where Deron Williams made him look even better. Williams would get into the paint and give Boozer easier shots when Boozer's man would leak to help on Williams penetration. However with Rose being more of a shoot first PG, Boozer gets lost in the shuffle and gets bored. He's money hungry, and you get what you pay for.
i agree he been that way since playing at duke the man HATES PLAYING on defense

k.smith904
04-27-2011, 02:04 PM
the spelling in this thread is mind bottling.

yes I know.

redwhitenblue
04-27-2011, 02:19 PM
A bit of both. The Bulls seem to forget he's on the floor at times, but then again he's usually in foul trouble.

Boozer's nearly put up his exact career numbers this year.

He had a bad series, that's all. His numbers really weren't down this year.

kingbrentg
04-27-2011, 02:26 PM

The playoffs so far, I would certainly agree. This season, eh.

I was plenty happy with Boozer during the regular season. His scoring average and percentages were a bit down compared to other years, but he's battled through nagging injuries all season and still been an effective offensive player. First the broken hand, and then multiple ankle/foot injuries. I'm not sure if there's really been much of a stretch where he's been completely healthy (shocker).

He's appeared to have visibly much less lift than he usually does, leading to a lot of blocks. He's not finishing as strong around the basket, can't hold onto the ball when he drives, and has settled for mostly jumpshots.

Considering what he's been through this year with injuries, very limited minutes with the full starting unit, and a new system, he's done a pretty solid job and given the Bulls a nice boost up front offensively.

All in all, I'm not really that worried about him over the next few years, aside from injuries. Moving forward in the playoffs though is another story.

MJ-BULLS
04-27-2011, 02:30 PM

Actually he hasn't really been utilized correctly like he used to be in Utah, i know the jazz offense is completely different than ours, but he was more involved in the pick and roll game over there.

He's strictly a midrange jump shooter here in Chicago. Since thibs did used to be with boston, his offense is somewhat similar to them.
He's basically playing him like a Garnett id say.

He did get some iffy calls this past series with the pacers though, i think it affected him quite a bit resulting in his poor play.

John Walls Era
04-27-2011, 02:30 PM

He was never great in Cleveland. He was good at best.

Double_R
04-27-2011, 02:40 PM
People are so funny, the reality of it is that everyone saying they should have gone harder after Amare, have forgotten that Boozer was looked at as an equal at that time, if not better based on health and price tag. Then the people saying Amare wanted to be the man, that is also not true, hence the major push for Carmelo and he wanted to go to Cleveland with Lebron during the season, and also met with the Heat before the big 3 formed. Amare wasn't the hottest commodity at the time and people were claiming that the Knicks over payed for an injury prone guy that is unproven without Nash. On a final note, Boozer played way better in Utah because he played with an unselfish pg who was a master at running the pick and roll, now he plays with a shoot first, shoot again, then pass pg. He suffers because of the way the offense is ran, that is it.

DaBUU
04-27-2011, 02:43 PM
I dont think the team forces the issue of getting him posted on the block as much as they should. A lot of the offense is predicated on movement, which doesnt help him re-post either. They need to force feed him until he gets going. I think he was also bothered this series by the length of the Pacers, another problem he's always had. And with Noah going strong now, theres just no room for him all the time down low. He actually may be a better fit on the Heat and Bosh might be a better fit for the Bulls.

mttwlsn16
04-27-2011, 02:54 PM
the spelling in this thread is mind bottling.

you mean mind boggling?

MrfadeawayJB
04-27-2011, 03:07 PM
alot of talks have resuscitated over the past few game even last few months about boozers lak of offensive produce.

his fg% is down, his rebs are down, but that is due to noah as boozers offensive rebs remain the same as towards last seasons

he is averaging 12 point, 11 rebounds, on 37percentage shooting through these for games of the playoff

but my preposition is that it isnt all his faults, you know? sure he make idiotic foul like slapping someone hand while getting position, or bumping someone on way up the court.

well, i say same thing for boozer, too many high post catches, not enough utalizing of the pick and roll between him and rose, no pick and pop, now straight up low post touches

everythign boozer gers is either at the 15' mark or maybe 5 feet in the post if rose penetrates, and then boozer still miss the shot, unbelievbly

i think they need to make more of an efforts to give him the ball early in the game, in the low post, set him up early!

GET HIM TO THE GREEK!

he also needs to plays smarter, so this isnt to say that it isnt at all his fault, he makes stupid decision, and needs to stop making foolish fouls. but i kno he dont want to disrupt chemistry of the team, but just talk to the coach and say i need the ball where i can be effective

through outs the entire carrer of boozer, he has had 1 patented move, the spin cycle

people wills be quick to say that he was a waste of moneys, but utalize him first!

I love this guy. Just came to PSD and quickly becoming one of my favorite posters:clap:

Sadds The Gr8
04-27-2011, 04:32 PM
i've said this before, and it remains true. D-Will made him look better than he is. D-Will gave him so much easy buckets and set him up so well. Rose isn't the distributor that Williams is, so Boozer doesn't get as much easy buckets.

CubsBullsBucs
04-27-2011, 04:51 PM

sorry but isnt that exactly what bosh does!?

DaBUU
04-27-2011, 05:07 PM
i've said this before, and it remains true. D-Will made him look better than he is. D-Will gave him so much easy buckets and set him up so well. Rose isn't the distributor that Williams is, so Boozer doesn't get as much easy buckets.

Rose isn't the distributer that DWill is, but he does distribute. he just distribute very well to Boozer, and they dont use pick and roll nearly enough. There were times during the season they did use it very effectively, then they kind of went away from it. Rose definitley doesn't force the issue, his number one guy is Deng. He sets Deng up all game long. Booz has to take a lot of the blame also, he doesnt demand the ball enough, and when he does get it he either passes out of the post or tries hitting a jumper. He's always been a mope on defense, but lately he refuses to bang down low on offense. Thibs has to pull Rose aside and tell him to get Booz going as much as possible. We're not getting out of the east with Booz playing the way he has, time for him and Noah to get their **** together and play effective BB at the same time.

BcEuAbRsS
04-27-2011, 05:24 PM
I love this guy. Just came to PSD and quickly becoming one of my favorite posters:clap:

Well the fool already got himself banned... :facepalm:

DaBear
04-27-2011, 05:30 PM
In Boozer's defense, he blatantly gets fouled and never gets calls. Did he piss off the refs or something?

Lakerhead4ever
04-27-2011, 06:04 PM
as u already may know i am a laker fan. before boozer was a FA this past post season, i was very familiar with his game, being that we have kicked Utah out of the playoffs countless times in the past yrs.

One thing ive noticed with boozers is that he is all talk and no play. sure, he is a very skilled big man, but he buckles under pressure. he bullies the guys his size, but becomes VERY inconsistent whn faced with pressure. guys like garnett, bynum, perkins, amare, and even gasol,(yea i said it, GASOL) scares him. ive seen it wayy too many times. at best he can be a very good 3rd option on a team.

Dont let Boozers head shaking and screaming fool u, he will buckle down the road.

Teufelshunde4
04-27-2011, 07:11 PM
In Boozer's defense, he blatantly gets fouled and never gets calls. Did he piss off the refs or something?

Come on be real here...... Watch some tape of Boozer in the playoffs.. Carlos makes a good move and then bricks the shot and screams at the ref all the way down the court.... IF Carlos can just play tough hard nose playoff basketball and not worry about the refs his game would be much better... He doesnt have to carry the load like in Utah... And Thibs should run more pick and roll with Rose for Boozer to get him going..

cubswin25
04-27-2011, 07:31 PM

Not correct, Boozer numbers were the same as they were with the Jazz in the first half of the season(19/10 shooting 54 percent from the field). So both Rose/Boozer are capable of having the same success Williams/Boozer did. The difference is the Bulls have gone away from making Boozer the number 1 or 2 option on offense. So part of Boozer struggles is the Bulls not putting him in the same position to be successful. He's basically roaming around a lot and not getting plays ran for him much. Along with not getting the ball in his hands much or close to the basket.

DaBear
04-27-2011, 07:32 PM
Come on be real here...... Watch some tape of Boozer in the playoffs.. Carlos makes a good move and then bricks the shot and screams at the ref all the way down the court.... IF Carlos can just play tough hard nose playoff basketball and not worry about the refs his game would be much better... He doesnt have to carry the load like in Utah... And Thibs should run more pick and roll with Rose for Boozer to get him going..

I am being real....he yells for fouls a lot, but sometimes he doesn't get them when he deserves the call. This has been a problem in the regular season as well. It's not a surprise especially after an NBA official admitted they favor certain players, and don't give calls to players they don't like. I know he hasn't played as well as in recent years, but he should be at the line more often.

Rndy
04-27-2011, 08:00 PM
Bulls need to steal some plays from Utah to use Boozer better. I expected regress though Rose isn't anywhere near the passer D will is.

stlbest5in2013
04-27-2011, 10:11 PM

GET HIM TO THE GREEK!

can i get a translator?