PDA

View Full Version : ProSports daily 1st international Hoops Summit!

the411
04-26-2011, 09:34 PM
hey fellas,

i had an idea in my minds for a while and i wanted to share it with the congregation. this threads concerns the CBA or collective barganing agreements that will be coming as well as some rules changes i am proposing

Ok

i have some ideas, some illogical to some others finda logicals:

Regarding Technical fouls:

-Technical fouls that are awarded to a player after arguing with a referee should not results in the opposing teams shooting freethrows. any technical foul regarding a player vs a referee should be just considered a technical foul, nothing more.

two technicals per game results in an ejection

-Any technical between a player vs a player results in either:

1 player shooting free throws

i.x if two players involve in a slugging or pushing match in the low box, both are awarded technical fouls, and no-one shoots

if one player pushes another, the players that didnt do anything is awarded a free throw

-Any player vs player technical fouls results as also a personal foul

this will decrease the number of technicals a player assumes throughout the season, as any technical in game resulters in a personal foul, as long as it is between two players

-technicals between coaches and players: the player shoots the free throw

-technical fouls between a coach and a referee results in 1 techincal and no free throws

the reason being is that a referee shouldnt have an impact on a game, he is not a player, he shldnt be allowed to influence the game in terms of points

-every 12 technicals results in a suspension

-all technical fouls result in a $50,000 fine, the money will not be collected by the league but destributed to chariot-able works, such as cancer facilities, homless shelters, etc

Fines:

-any fines given by a team or the leagues results in the money being donated to a chariot-able foundation as befur mentioned

Regarding greens week:

instead of having one weeks devoted to wearing green jerseys, make all jerseys out of recycleabels materials, and asbestos

in order to take a stand against the peoples who are against being greens and eating them as well

Game changes:

-both coaches are awarded 1 challenge per halfs, only to be used in the last 2 minutes of a game, any questionable call, non foul related, such as the issue with the nuggets and thunders, a coach will be able to challenge the call

or any out of bounds play in which the ball is touched

it may slow down the play but it is necessary to help the intergritism of the league

Contracts:

all rookie draft pick contracts are fully garenteed incept in certain situations:

i.x if a player is drafted and has missed a total of 120 games in their first 3 years due ONLY TOS INJURY, the teams is allowed to release the player, and will only have to pay the player for the remainingder of the contract for that year

so if a player has a 4 yr deal, and gets injured and misses 120 games between 2 year, he can be released and only be payed for two year

MLEs

MLEs continue as they are, but the hard caps is limited to only 15-20 millions

Franshice tag:

awarded to a player after being in the league for 6 years and atleast 3 years with the same team, the team may franchize him once for the average of the top 5 players at that position plus a 5% increase on top of that

that player may only be franchiized once, and the money would be taken from the hard caps

All trade/freeagency decisions must be approved by the league after throughts review to check for tampering, creations of super teams, and trades that are too lopsided

and any leaks reguarding trades(such as comega anthonys was) will result in a $50,000 fine of the team(s) involve

All teams are given a farm system, aka a d-leagues team in order to store players who have been in the league form a period of 1-4 years, so if an injured player comes back from injury, they can be sent to the d-league after to practice and brought back to the NBA franchice, simulars to base and balls

AAA, AA, A teams, for the farm system, each team consisting of 12 player each, these teams are funded by the Franchice, but are protected under the cba encase of an lockout, so we can still see the balls

NBA drafts is expanded to 2 rounds, includes highschool seniors, who must completes h.s before entering the nbas, but cannot play in the nba unless they have played atleast one year at the d-league level( for instance, players who is toos stupid to be goods in college, so they come to d-league, play, no study or nothing, come to nba nxt year, and is paid for the season)

International Draft: 2 round, 40 player draft of internationals players in which incomming internationals, racials, radicals, and bi-radicals can be drafted into the nba, still plays for their internationals or regionals team, or decide to join the d-league

each team is given 2 picks, 1 in the 1st and one in the second, equaling 35, and the 5 worst teams in the nba get 5 more picks at the end of round 1

HOFFA: hall of fame board expandeds to includes 5 current nba players( with 10 years experience minimum, ex, kurt thomas, shaq, kobe duncan, etcs) and 5 retired nba HOFFAS(barnkleys, pippens, etcs) each wld get 1 vote in the HOFFA process

ALL Star weekends: all fan voting dissalowed for all star starters, so players like YAO MING dont get in after playing 15 game, players like TMAK dong get 1 million votes after 2 game, and Allen iverson dont get in after 20 game averagin 14 ppg starting over Ronder and Rose

players all vote for a player not on their team, and coaches vote for all plaers on team that shld be starters, the press votes for the same

from that point, they all vote again for the reserves until the roster reaches 10, the last 2 players for each team are voted on by the fans from a pool of ELEGIBLE CANDIDATES THAT HAVE PLAYED THE MAJORITY FOR THE THE SEASON AT THAT POINTS

in order to prevent this HOFFA padding process in which undesrving athletes are voted in by fans just because of their nationality, which helps the player get into the HOFFA

fans may vote for allstar mvp, dunk contest, rookie mvp, d-league mvp

2 on 2 pick up game for all star weekends:

featuring two back court players from teams in which had no all stars

1 prop per dunk contest to be completed in the 2nd round, no cars allowed, other props are acceptable

NO fan voting for the mvps, as of last season the fan get about 1 vote for the mvp, which is ridicolous, because they probably all voted for yao ming or tmac

Players get to vote for mvp and their vote counts for a small percentage, maybe 10 percent-20 percent, the rest is medias, and analysts, as well as HOFFAS

Yearly drug tests for all players randomly, financhial advisors for all players so we dont end ups having antonio cromatires, antione walkers and such

no taking points off the board after shot clock erroers, the bulls vs the pacers, korver hit a 3 point hsot, the ball was released after the buzzer, 2-3 mins later, the points were erased. if you miss it then, then dont change it. you shld change the 2 to 3 but not the 3 to 0 u know?

homesetual conseling so that more player may feel frees to come out, and be guided by mentors

all young players must have a mentor(that means u lancer stevension)

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-26-2011, 09:48 PM
You put a lot of work into that and I applaud you. I like most of the ideas.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-26-2011, 09:49 PM
Also welcome to PSD!

the411
04-26-2011, 09:53 PM
You put a lot of work into that and I applaud you. I like most of the ideas.

tanks, i just had some ideas i wanted to share, ive been thinking baout them for a while and thought some of them should be included

thanks for the support!

do you also have any ideas you would like to share?

the411
04-26-2011, 09:53 PM
Also welcome to PSD!

tanks sir

Hellcrooner
04-26-2011, 10:01 PM
two words.

FREE MARKEt

AND to hell with the rest.

spreadeagle
04-26-2011, 10:15 PM
2 words HARD CAP

sep11ie
04-26-2011, 10:17 PM
The poll should be erased. How can you have an "all of the above" on there? Lol

Also this reaks of a hoopsprophet wanna be thread.

the411
04-26-2011, 10:18 PM
2 words HARD CAP

im a fans of parity, but not too much parity like footballs in which every year atleast 20 teams have chance

i wld like 10 teams with chance, while all the other teams still are able to develop through the 2 draft systems and the franchice tags additions

its kind of annoy-ying to see team like cardinal and seahawk and other bad teams make it to the final, nxt year, they dont

i wld dlike to see some dynasty, it create greate rivalry such as lakers vs celtics, spurs vs suns, king vs lakers

etc

Hellcrooner
04-26-2011, 10:25 PM
No matter what **** they come up with basket is as it is and big markets will Always be there.

Excetp of course that free market was allowed.

since ALL the owners are millionaires being able to offer HOW much they wanted for how many years they wanted would keep the parity.

I mean, Cavs under the rules could pay a BIT more than other teams.
That didnt cut it to retain him in a poor market.

If cavs could ahve paid wichever they wanted, and had paid him the DOUBLE of his salary and then be able to BUY whoever they wanted to pair wiht him paying for it he very well could ahve decided to stay.

Rich team wants player, rich team pays an ASTRONOMIC sum to poor team poor team then has a TON of money to buy other players to replace that player.

FREE MARKET.
It works.
Cant believe its needed to discuss why free market is good TO AMERICANS when the whole idea of the U:S:A is bout FRee Market .

GeekInThePink
04-26-2011, 10:34 PM
asbestos jerseys? isn't that banned for using as insulation because it causes cancer? that doesnt seem wise lol

the411
04-26-2011, 10:40 PM
No matter what **** they come up with basket is as it is and big markets will Always be there.

since ALL the owners are millionaires being able to offer HOW much they wanted for how many years they wanted would keep the parity.

If cavs could ahve paid wichever they wanted, and had paid him the DOUBLE of his salary and then be able to BUY whoever they wanted to pair wiht him paying for it he very well could ahve decided to stay.

Rich team wants player, rich team pays an ASTRONOMIC sum to poor team poor team then has a TON of money to buy other players to replace that player.

FREE MARKET.
It works.
Cant believe its needed to discuss why free market is good TO AMERICANS when the whole idea of the U:S:A is bout FRee Market .

the tags would help quell the need for a player to go to big market and allow for more times to acquire more help

Geargo Wallace
04-26-2011, 10:41 PM
coaches should have to take free throws if they get a tech. A miss means the other team gets a point. A make means nobody gets a point. Now the coach can't talk **** about their big men for sucking at free throws.

Hellcrooner
04-26-2011, 10:46 PM
the tags would help quell the need for a player to go to big market and allow for more times to acquire more help

the tags make you an SLAVE highly paid but slave after all.
Im nto even sure why would Supreme Court allow them to happen.

Thats one of the problems stern has to expand nba to europe.

Europan Courts wouldnt allow

1 Salary cap
2 max and Min value for the contracts ( well minimum would never be under the minimum for any general worker)
3 draft ( as in you dont choose where you live and work)
4 Restricted Fa ( there used to be that mathching offers thing in soccer and the european court made it stop)
5 Player for Player trade withouth the CONSENT of the players.

and many other things.

sep11ie
04-26-2011, 10:54 PM
And players that can't dunk, like the Chunk Hayez's and Louis Skolas, should have some kind of spring in their shoes so they can get that extra hop. Also put a bomb inside the ball that blows up if the shot clock expires and the player still has the ball. Maybe make the ball out of Kangroo skin instead of leather, since kangroos have way better hops than most cows.

sep11ie
04-26-2011, 10:56 PM

1 Salary cap
2 max and Min value for the contracts ( well minimum would never be under the minimum for any general worker)
4 Restricted Fa ( there used to be that mathching offers thing in soccer and the european court made it stop)

and many other things.

Pro drafts, a teams award for sucking.

the411
04-26-2011, 11:18 PM

1 Salary cap

and many other things.

so u wldnt mind seeing a team of cp3, wade, lebron, boshs, and howard play against a team of jaeerd jefferies, eddy curri,chuck hayes, darren collision, and t mak?

Hellcrooner
04-26-2011, 11:20 PM
so u wldnt mind seeing a team of cp3, wade, lebron, boshs, and howard play against a team of jaeerd jefferies, eddy curri,chuck hayes, darren collision, and t mak?

the funny thing is

1 it wouldnt happen, players have too much pride to score 10 ppg each.
more than 3 is a real trouble.

2 if that happens, someone of Hayes, Collison and etc wodl be making 25 ppg and being called a star. while som of the players in teh superteam woujdl eg considered now "role players"
And the cicle goes on and on.

the411
04-26-2011, 11:23 PM
the funny thing is

1 it wouldnt happen, players have too much pride to score 10 ppg each.
more than 3 is a real trouble.

2 if that happens, someone of Hayes, Collison and etc wodl be making 25 ppg and being called a star. while som of the players in teh superteam woujdl eg considered now "role players"
And the cicle goes on and on.

is no happen, i say we involve the european by making them feel welcome with a few more game in europe with some quality team unlike the nets vs raptors

give them 5 games a year or something

and get dat damn team out of canada and move them to someplace in the united staties that needs one like kansus j hawk

spreadeagle
04-26-2011, 11:38 PM

1 Salary cap

and many other things.

All of these are good things...they dont have a draft? weird lol

NYKalltheway
04-26-2011, 11:52 PM
is no happen, i say we involve the european by making them feel welcome with a few more game in europe with some quality team unlike the nets vs raptors

give them 5 games a year or something

and get dat damn team out of canada and move them to someplace in the united staties that needs one like kansus j hawk
we have better leagues than the NBA, thanks for the offer though

NYKalltheway
04-26-2011, 11:54 PM
All of these are good things...they dont have a draft? weird lol

Kids join their local teams from a very young age, at the YOUTH ACADEMIES(ie 'basketball/any sport farms') and the older they get, the better level they get to play. eg a 17 year old can be promoted to the U20 team since he's too good for the U18 team. He might even make it to the senior team.

If we had a draft in Europe:
a) it'd be abolished before the inception of the idea
b) people would sue everyone all the time
c) people would laugh their ***** off seriously...

spreadeagle
04-27-2011, 12:02 AM
Kids join their local teams from a very young age, at the YOUTH ACADEMIES(ie 'basketball/any sport farms') and the older they get, the better level they get to play. eg a 17 year old can be promoted to the U20 team since he's too good for the U18 team. He might even make it to the senior team.

If we had a draft in Europe:
a) it'd be abolished before the inception of the idea
b) people would sue everyone all the time
c) people would laugh their ***** off seriously...

I mean I guess thats cool,Draft night is just so exciting from a fan perspective all the guessing of who your team is gunna take I love it.also is there no 3 second rule in europe? if so Shaq should go play there he would drop 75 a game lol

spreadeagle
04-27-2011, 12:08 AM
What do ppl think about letting high school kids back in the NBA? I think it could happen,I dont mind the rule as is

NYKalltheway
04-27-2011, 12:12 AM
I mean I guess thats cool,Draft night is just so exciting from a fan perspective all the guessing of who your team is gunna take I love it.also is there no 3 second rule in europe? if so Shaq should go play there he would drop 75 a game lol

There's both offensive and defensive 3 second rules. Actually I think it's a 5 second rule in defense which is usually never called anyway while it's a much stricter offensive 3 second. That gets called a lot when players are carried away.
It's just that zone defenses are allowed in Europe and it seems like the C is camping under the basket but it's not really the case.

Geargo Wallace
04-27-2011, 12:28 AM
do you guys have rebounding teachers in Italy? I think you guys need to invest in one because my Toronto Raptors wasted our #1 pick on a Center who was on the wrong end of the learning curve for rebounding by the time he got here.

Sixerlover
04-27-2011, 12:31 AM
2 words HARD CAP

Bad Idea. All that would do it continue the superstar to large market "problem".

spreadeagle
04-27-2011, 12:32 AM
do you guys have rebounding teachers in italy? I think you guys need to invest in one because my toronto raptors wasted our #1 pick on a center who was on the wrong end of the learning curve for rebounding by the time he got here.

jajajajajaja

NYKalltheway
04-27-2011, 12:33 AM
I'm not Italian lol, I can speak the language though :p

With Bargnani, well probably he got too busy trying to learn how to make baskets from anywhere. Plus he's a PF not a C. If he was next to a defensive C he would have been the new Dirkm perhaps you're just asking too much from him ;)

spreadeagle
04-27-2011, 12:36 AM
Bad Idea. All that would do it continue the superstar to large market "problem".

im not gunna lie it confuses me a bit but how does a team like Orland have the contracts of Dwight Gilbert Turkoglu and Nelson and Boston can afford KG Rondo Allen Pierce Shaq but the Raptors have an entire team of Guys makin 5 million dollars with the exeption of one or two guys making like 10...

NYKalltheway
04-27-2011, 12:40 AM
two words.

FREE MARKEt

bump

spreadeagle
04-27-2011, 12:47 AM

FREE MARKET.
It works.

would never work all NBA players would want to play in LA NY Bos or MIA..and you would have 20 something other teams that would never have achance...this is why MLB sucks now cause most yrs its Bos or NY cause 2 or 3 teams get 90 percent of the good free agents

Hellcrooner
04-27-2011, 12:56 AM
would never work all NBA players would want to play in LA NY Bos or MIA..and you would have 20 something other teams that would never have achance...this is why MLB sucks now cause most yrs its Bos or NY cause 2 or 3 teams get 90 percent of the good free agents

more different teams have won euroleague with a Free market than different teams have won Nba rings in the last 30 years.

So dont jump to conclussions.

the411
04-27-2011, 12:56 AM
the hard cap must stay in place too make good team better

spreadeagle
04-27-2011, 01:02 AM
more different teams have won euroleague with a Free market than different teams have won Nba rings in the last 30 years.

So dont jump to conclussions.

The fact that whatever team you are currently on has the right to offer you the biggest deal or has the right to match any offers is great and I would not want it changed,small markets need some sort of upper hand to keep players from leaving that they have drafted and developed

Geargo Wallace
04-27-2011, 01:03 AM
I'm not Italian lol, I can speak the language though :p

With Bargnani, well probably he got too busy trying to learn how to make baskets from anywhere. Plus he's a PF not a C. If he was next to a defensive C he would have been the new Dirkm perhaps you're just asking too much from him ;)

man i swear Bargs has no shame. so many headaches. i feel like he thinks its cool to play like a girl and he seems not to mind the criticism.

spreadeagle
04-27-2011, 01:08 AM
man i swear Bargs has no shame. so many headaches. i feel like he thinks its cool to play like a girl and he seems not to mind the criticism.

its cause he spends all his off time doing epic spaghetti and sauce commercials http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCDVfdeA2E0 :clap:

Geargo Wallace
04-27-2011, 01:17 AM
its cause he spends all his off time doing epic spaghetti and sauce commercials http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCDVfdeA2E0 :clap:

dude i know this jingle off the top of my head. it pains me more than his lack of rebounding

spreadeagle
04-27-2011, 01:20 AM
dude i know this jingle off the top of my head. it pains me more than his lack of rebounding

They play these damn ads like every 6 minz on nba tv canada...even my ex gf use to go THIS STUPID AD AGAIN! hahahahahah

Geargo Wallace
04-27-2011, 01:26 AM
They play these damn ads like every 6 minz on nba tv canada...even my ex gf use to go THIS STUPID AD AGAIN! hahahahahah

... he is awfully dreamy though :o

Rego247
04-27-2011, 01:35 AM

this is ur life and its ending one commercial at a time.

i have that jingle seared into my brain.

Mudvayne91
04-27-2011, 01:40 AM
I'd maybe tweak some, but overall some pretty good ideas.

I got to be honest though, I don't like no FT on technical fouls while complaining with refs. There's so much complaining going on already, it's disgusting. If they lighten up on the punishment, you can only expect the whining to worsen.

Welcome to PSD by the way.

spreadeagle
04-27-2011, 01:49 AM
Id like to see the season shortened to about 60 games "never happen though" How bout technical foul for flopping? call it the Vlade Divac rule. The NBA is also to soft nowadays,id like to see guys be able to talk smack and bump and stare at each other with out being called for a technical.Also id like to see some of the drafting rules changed...I dont like how the Twolves can draft Rubio and he just doesnt come over and play for them,sucks for there fans

NYKalltheway
04-27-2011, 02:45 AM
sucks for Rubio that he got picked by Minnesota too :p Had it been Lakers or Heat or Celtics he'd be in his sophomore year today

the411
04-27-2011, 08:22 AM
I'd maybe tweak some, but overall some pretty good ideas.

I got to be honest though, I don't like no FT on technical fouls while complaining with refs. There's so much complaining going on already, it's disgusting. If they lighten up on the punishment, you can only expect the whining to worsen.

Welcome to PSD by the way.

but allowing them to shoot the ball after argue with referee will allow the referee to have an influse on the game, and could leads to tim dounaghe

the gambling guy who tried to tarnish the games

the411
04-27-2011, 08:31 AM
And players that can't dunk, like the Chunk Hayez's and Louis Skolas, should have some kind of spring in their shoes so they can get that extra hop. Also put a bomb inside the ball that blows up if the shot clock expires and the player still has the ball. Maybe make the ball out of Kangroo skin instead of leather, since kangroos have way better hops than most cows.

a friends tolded me before i came to the americas to stay away from the cracks, at first it was thought that the cracks in the sideway was wat he was refurring to, u kno? step on crack, break a jew back or something? but then i found out it was a hallocugen, and then after reads ur posts i kind of see waht he was refurring to

why would we put a bomb in a ball? are you a tourist or something? try to blow up country?

sep11ie
04-27-2011, 11:04 AM
a friends tolded me before i came to the americas to stay away from the cracks, at first it was thought that the cracks in the sideway was wat he was refurring to, u kno? step on crack, break a jew back or something? but then i found out it was a hallocugen, and then after reads ur posts i kind of see waht he was refurring to

why would we put a bomb in a ball? are you a tourist or something? try to blow up country?

I just thought they were about as good as the ideas you posted.

Geargo Wallace
04-27-2011, 11:12 AM
sucks for Rubio that he got picked by Minnesota too :p Had it been Lakers or Heat or Celtics he'd be in his sophomore year today

yeah it sucks not being privileged like Kobe. Rubio is such a loser for that.

DenButsu
04-27-2011, 11:14 AM
do you also have any ideas you would like to share?

Tram phan tram! :cheers:

MrfadeawayJB
04-27-2011, 11:23 AM

he was just joking, sarcasm is what they call it :laugh:

gwrighter
04-27-2011, 11:30 AM
two words.

FREE MARKEt

The Free market system won't work for the NBA.

The NBA has already has problems turning a profit. 2 consecutive years of negative growth is not good for the league as a whole.

The Free Market will allow the richest entity to pay the most money and therefore buy up all of the best players. The price per player will rise as people with large amounts of money will overspend for the deluxe talent.

This over spending will raise the avg. salary as a whole.

The NBA makes money when franchises make money, they take somethin off the top when you turn a profit.

The equilibrium within a free market is inefficient, the NBA will in fact lose more money as billionaires spend tons of money trying to win a championship instead of seeking maximum profits.

In my economics class we actually studied this exact problem in sports...

the point of a salary cap and luxury tax is to reduce spending, which means larger profit margins.

players already receive approx. 52% of the leagues revenue. if there was a free market that # would spike, which is not good for a profit maximizing firm.

Hellcrooner
04-27-2011, 12:57 PM
The Free market system won't work for the NBA.

The NBA has already has problems turning a profit. 2 consecutive years of negative growth is not good for the league as a whole.

The Free Market will allow the richest entity to pay the most money and therefore buy up all of the best players. The price per player will rise as people with large amounts of money will overspend for the deluxe talent.

This over spending will raise the avg. salary as a whole.

The NBA makes money when franchises make money, they take somethin off the top when you turn a profit.

The equilibrium within a free market is inefficient, the NBA will in fact lose more money as billionaires spend tons of money trying to win a championship instead of seeking maximum profits.

In my economics class we actually studied this exact problem in sports...

the point of a salary cap and luxury tax is to reduce spending, which means larger profit margins.

players already receive approx. 52% of the leagues revenue. if there was a free market that # would spike, which is not good for a profit maximizing firm.

On the contrary , this would save bad teams.

Bucks are not making enough money for example but knicks are making a TON of money.
Knicks PAY 60 million dollars for Jennings to the bucks.

Bucks make money.

Easy as that.