PDA

View Full Version : ThunderUp

cbritz4
04-26-2011, 11:41 AM
Buy or sell the OKC Thunder coming out of the west.

I think if they go against the Grizzlies next round rather than the Spurs, they will without a doubt make it to the WCF. They match up with Memphis better than the Spurs do. Itll be tough for Conley to contain Westbrook and Battier to stay with the Durantula.

Its hard to say who they hypothetically will match up in the WCF, but I like their chances against the Mavs in 7 games and the Lakers with the way they've been playing.

Ill buy.

sep11ie
04-26-2011, 11:50 AM
I hate that name, Durantula. Just cause you used it there, I'll sell.

Heater4life
04-26-2011, 11:52 AM
Too Early!

I like the thunder but they havent even left the first round. They have a chance, but so does L.A and Dallas. Hell the Hornets can upset the Lakers for all we know.

ne3xchamps
04-26-2011, 12:06 PM
I think its too early. with kobe not getting his ankle checked out, bad idea for him. The only way I can see them coming out of the west is if kobe injures his ankle further and his not the same or knocked out for the rest of the season all together. that said I do however think they make the WCF.

Avenged
04-26-2011, 12:17 PM
They will make it to the WCF if the Grizzlies advance which they most likely will..

Thunder got fortunate on that regard.

As far as coming out of the West.. I definitely can see it if they don't match-up with the Lakers. I think the Lakers can take them out in a competitive game 7, but who knows? They are for real and capable of making it out especially with how the Mavs perform in the playoffs and the Lakers struggles.

John Walls Era
04-26-2011, 12:21 PM
The green trade worked out amazing.

ackar
04-26-2011, 01:03 PM
I want to buy but I do not want to sell. So right now I am just browsing none committal.

Baller1
04-26-2011, 01:11 PM
I'll buy cautiously. It depends on how last night's loss affects this team. Does it teach them a lesson and motivate them to not let it happen again, or does it rattle the team and shoot their confidence. I like to think it isn't the latter, but we'll have to find out tomorrow.

I'll say they make it to the WCF, and from there, no one knows what'll happen.

allSUAVE
04-26-2011, 01:15 PM
I got them in the Finals.

But Westbrook needs to chill.

That's Durant team! 30shots?? Wow

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-26-2011, 01:26 PM
I'll buy cautiously. It depends on how last night's loss affects this team. Does it teach them a lesson and motivate them to not let it happen again, or does it rattle the team and shoot their confidence. I like to think it isn't the latter, but we'll have to find out tomorrow.

I'll say they make it to the WCF, and from there, no one knows what'll happen.

I dont think 1 desperation win by the Nugget's will lower OKC's confidence. It shouldn't atleast. Denver was facing elimination, on they're home floor. it may sound cliche but the elimination game is the tuffest to win, OKC is facing, not only the nuggets, but the crowd, the hometown refs... the altitude. OKC woulda had to play a damn near perfect game, and they lost a close game. there should be no panic in the city of Oklahoma/

cbritz4
04-26-2011, 01:39 PM
I got them in the Finals.

But Westbrook needs to chill.

That's Durant team! 30shots?? Wow

Yeah I know, and he only made like 12.

Baller1
04-26-2011, 01:49 PM
I dont think 1 desperation win by the Nugget's will lower OKC's confidence. It shouldn't atleast. Denver was facing elimination, on they're home floor. it may sound cliche but the elimination game is the tuffest to win, OKC is facing, not only the nuggets, but the crowd, the hometown refs... the altitude. OKC woulda had to play a damn near perfect game, and they lost a close game. there should be no panic in the city of Oklahoma/

I agree with you completely that it shouldn't, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it won't. Not only did Westbrook ruin the end of the game for the Thunder, he was frustrating the entire team with his play. Him and Durant actually got into it on the bench, and although that happens all the time in playoff basketball, this could be a bad sign of things to come. Durant and everyone else in the world knows it's Durant's team. but I'm afraid Westbrook doesn't.

cubswin25
04-26-2011, 01:59 PM
I think it will be Lakers/Thunder in the ECF and I think the series will go 6 or 7 games. But I think the Thunder will fall short this time. It kinda reminds me of Bulls/Pistons in the late 80s and early 90s. In 1988, the Bulls met the Pistons in the the second round and lost in 5 games. Then in 89 they lost to the Pistons in the ECF in 6 games and in 1990 they lost to the Pistons in 7 games in the ECF. But finally in 1991 they met the Pistons in the ECF for a third straight year, but this time the Bulls swept them 4-0. I could see the Thunder struggling to get past the Lakers for another year or two just like that.

mttwlsn16
04-26-2011, 02:18 PM
absolutely buying...altho getting past memphis wont be easy

Chi StateOfMind
04-26-2011, 02:31 PM
I'll buy on this team. They have a power duo in Durant & Westbrook. They have a good center in Perkins and have size and speed. In the next couple of years this team will be competing every year to make it to the finals.

GoatMilk
04-26-2011, 03:02 PM
they can totally beat the lakers
but i dont think they will so i'll hesitantly sell