PDA

View Full Version : R1G5: Hawks (5) @ Magic (4) - (Hawks Lead 3-2)

Avenged
04-26-2011, 02:18 AM
Game 5:
http://www.rotoworld.com/img/NBA/teams/logos/ATL.png- http://i55.tinypic.com/2e49mo8.png -- http://www.rotoworld.com/img/NBA/teams/logos/ORL.png

Tuesday, April 26, 2011
7:30 p.m. ET
NBA TV

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_nd67PyG6mC0/TKyXoCX_ApI/AAAAAAAABpM/gT9Tqg_rYvQ/s1600/amway.jpg

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8249/hawks.gif --------------http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/214/magicv.gif

http://rotoworld.com/images/headshots/NBA/933.jpg ----PG-----http://rotoworld.com/images/headshots/NBA/1060.jpg
Kirk Hinrich--------------------Jameer Nelson

http://rotoworld.com/images/headshots/NBA/773.jpg ----SG-----http://rotoworld.com/images/headshots/NBA/768.jpg
Joe Johnson--------------------Jason Richardson

http://rotoworld.com/images/headshots/NBA/1057.jpg ----SF-----http://rotoworld.com/images/headshots/NBA/693.jpg
Josh Smith--------------------Hedo Turkoglu

http://www.rotoworld.com/images/headshots/NBA/1359.jpg ----PF-----http://rotoworld.com/images/headshots/NBA/1186.jpg
Al Horford--------------------Brandon Bass

http://rotoworld.com/images/headshots/NBA/783.jpg -----C------http://rotoworld.com/images/headshots/NBA/1041.jpg
Jason Collins--------------------Dwight Howard

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- On the brink of elimination, Magic players were still lamenting what has been plain to see for anyone watching Orlando's first-round playoff series against Atlanta.

They can't put the ball in the basket.

"It's the wrong time to be in a collective shooting slump," Magic guard J.J. Redick said.

Now facing a 3-1 deficit in the best-of-seven series, time has just about run out for the Magic to shake off their shooting woes. The series swings back to Orlando Tuesday for Game 5 with the Magic on the brink of suffering their first opening round playoff exit since 2007.

History is not on Orlando's side.

Only eight teams in NBA history have won a best-of-seven series after falling into a 3-1 hole. The Magic have barely shown flashes of the team that averaged 99 points per game during the regular season and was in the top of the league in both field goal and 3-point shooting percentage.

Aside from Dwight Howard, who is leading all playoff scorers averaging 32.2 points per game and shooting 66 percent from the field, Orlando is a shell of itself.

The Magic are averaging just 90.3 points and three of their go-to outside threats -- Jameer Nelson, Hedo Turkoglu and Redick -- are all shooting less than 35 percent from the field, none more than 23 percent from beyond the arc.

As a team, the Orlando is shooting 40 percent from the field and just 20 percent from the 3-point line in the series. The Hawks are at 44 and 39 percent, respectively.

It is almost a complete reverse from Orlando's Eastern Conference semifinals sweep of Atlanta last season when the Magic shot 53 percent overall (39 percent from three-point range), compared to 37 percent from the field and (29 percent from beyond the arc) for the Hawks.

Coach Stan Van Gundy said his team got makable shots in Game 4, but that the mental side of things is what must be overcome.

"On an individual basis as guys are struggling, the mentality becomes 'I gotta get myself going," he said. "And so guys are really hunting out shots and I think taking tougher ones because of that...You've gotta trust the teammates instead of the idea that we need some heroics."

In Sunday's 88-85 loss, the Magic set a new NBA low for 3-point percentage by a team in a playoff game, connecting on just 2 for 23 attempts. Some of that is poor shot selection, but the Hawks defense has certainly played a role and fueled their confidence.

"We're doing a great job on the 3-point line," Hawks forward Josh Smith said. "We've got to keep that up, just keep doing a good job at everything: Helping each other at defensive end, share ball at the offensive end. If we do that, think we'll be OK."

Atlanta also remains content to live with Howard's big numbers and have defended the perimeter just well enough to throw Orlando off. It's also had an unbelievable effort from reserve Jamal Crawford.

With his team-high 25-point effort in Game 4 Crawford became the first bench player to score 20 or more points in the first four games of a series since Kevin McHale did it for Boston in 1991.

There were some trouble signs for Atlanta in Game 4, though.

Aside from letting the Magic back the game after building a 16-point lead, Atlanta also at times reverted back into the isolation-based offensive sets that have gotten it into trouble at times. They also did a poor job down the stretch of managing possessions.

It's why Hawks coach Larry Drew said ending the series as soon as possible is paramount.

"It's very important," Drew said. "I'm always talking about this team growing. To me, them positioning themselves like they are right now to go into Orlando and to finish this thing off, that's a huge step in our growth process...Particularly after what they did to us last year...it left a bad taste in our mouths."

The wildcard in Game 5 may center on who wasn't there in the previous game for both teams.

Magic starter Jason Richardson and Hawks' reserve Zaza Pachulia will both return to action after serving one-game suspensions for their altercation near the end of Game 3.

Richardson has also struggled to score in this series, but his presence at least increases the chances that somebody in a Magic uniform will have a good shooting night. Like Howard, he doesn't feel it's the best approach for the Magic to go into Tuesday thinking about a "must-win."

"That's the kind of team we have and the type of guys we have. If we're uptight and worried about this or worried about that, we never play at our best. We're at our best when we're playing loose."

Pachulia's return could be more vital, as he has done one of the most serviceable jobs off the bench banging around underneath with Howard. He said now is not the time to admire what they've accomplished so far, though.

"We still have one more game to win," Pachulia said. "But it definitely will give us a great advantage to finish this series Tuesday. The last two years, we went to 7 game series it was very hard. We didn't have any off time to get any rest. Going to second round tired and banged up is not a good idea."

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/4608/nbaplayoffs.jpg

Raph12
04-26-2011, 02:24 AM
Magic win behind a HUGE performance from Dwight... Only to lose in Atl.

MJ-BULLS
04-26-2011, 02:25 AM
The Magic comeback and get the Win. Big game for Howard.

Iron24th
04-26-2011, 04:51 AM
Magic win,to then lose in game 6.

Khalifa21
04-26-2011, 08:39 AM
The Magic aren't done yet... They close though.

mttwlsn16
04-26-2011, 09:18 AM
im gonna say hawks finish it

J.Twiggy
04-26-2011, 09:36 AM
I wonder if the Hawks can push the Magic off the cliff and eliminate them? we shall see how they come out.

JSportsBullies
04-26-2011, 10:00 AM
I think the Hawks finish it. Howard has to be at the end of his rope with the Magic. He looks like he is playing with high schoolers. He has to be wanting out of there so bad.

Mile High Champ
04-26-2011, 10:15 AM
Do or Die time for the Magic. This series has been the worst of all the playoff match ups (outside of maybe the Miami-Phily series). I just want to see a good game at this point and see a Magic player not named Howard or Nelson have a big game for the magic. Ryand Anderson, Reddick etc all need to step up in a big way.

ManRam
04-26-2011, 10:22 AM
I'd kill to just shoot 30% from three. That's not too much to ask for, is it?

NYKnicksAllDay
04-26-2011, 10:30 AM
I think the Hawks close it out tonight.

C_Mund
04-26-2011, 10:52 AM
I'm torn between my wish for Dwight to become a great center and my hope that Turkoglu never achieves more success than he's already had.

JordansBulls
04-26-2011, 11:31 AM
Pulling for Orlando in this one.

GThawks
04-26-2011, 11:54 AM
Hopefully Hawks can finish it out tonight...sick of playing against Howard.

Ezio
04-26-2011, 12:07 PM
Magic wins. No way Howard lets this one slide in his place.

GThawks
04-26-2011, 12:20 PM

He has dominated the whole series yet they're still down 3-1.

Chi StateOfMind
04-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Magic win,to then lose in game 6.

This.

ManRam
04-26-2011, 12:46 PM

Howard will get his...and do everything he can to win, but this rests on the supporting cast now. They need to play better. There's only so much one player can do.

We make some threes, we'll win. We don't, and it will be another struggle.

Chi StateOfMind
04-26-2011, 02:26 PM
If Orlando loses this game or series I feel D12 will leave the Magic. If he does stay they better do somthing to help this dude out b/c he is like a One Man Army takin on the whole other team.

ugafan
04-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Do or Die time for the Magic. This series has been the worst of all the playoff match ups (outside of maybe the Miami-Phily series). I just want to see a good game at this point and see a Magic player not named Howard or Nelson have a big game for the magic. Ryand Anderson, Reddick etc all need to step up in a big way.

Have you been watching the series? Every game has been close.

midwestmadman
04-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Man this is a tough game to call, I am leaning toward the Magic at home but would certianly not be surprised if the lose. Not to take anything away from the Hawks who are playing great team basketball, but what is going on with Orlando, they are better that this (I thought) maybe they just aren't. If they lose in the first rd (which it look slike they will) I would think the Stan "the hedgehog" Van Gundy has coached his last game in Orlando! To me this is showing that the Magic really miss Gortat coming off that bench, when a clown like Zaza Pachulia is making your second string look like *****es you have problems galore!

Detroit's Time
04-26-2011, 03:04 PM
I hope Orlando pulls this one out. I'd hate to see Dwight leave.

J.Twiggy
04-26-2011, 03:07 PM
Magic better show up to fight or else it's gonna be over the Hawks are coming to finish them off when you have a oppenent on the mat you choke them out until they pass out.

rapjuicer06
04-26-2011, 03:23 PM
hawks aren't really good when they have the pressure put on them. hopefully that holds true for the rest of the series

J.Twiggy
04-26-2011, 03:35 PM
I think they really want to eliminate the Magic just like what they have been doing to them.

cubswin25
04-26-2011, 03:50 PM
Rooting for the Hawks to win this, but I see the Magic winning this game. The facts are the Hawks aren't a very good team. They need will need a terrible shooting night from Jason Richardson, Hedo and others to win this game. The Magic played crap defense in game 1 which allowed the Hawks to win. Then shot terrible in games 3-4 that allowed the Hawks to win. So the Magic are gonna either have to play bad defense or shoot terrible for the Hawks to win. I don't see the Magic beating themselves tonight again, but hopefully they will in one of the next three.

iggypop123
04-26-2011, 03:53 PM
i have a bad feeling this ends with howard doing it all and when he looks around him nothing shows up. he wont say it in the media but that is the last nail in the coffin.

Chill_Will_24
04-26-2011, 04:11 PM
Lets GO HAWKS!!!!!! :D

~Iggy~
04-26-2011, 04:24 PM
Magic will squeeze this one out.

SteBO
04-26-2011, 04:42 PM
Magic win this one. They have no choice.

GThawks
04-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Rooting for the Hawks to win this, but I see the Magic winning this game. The facts are the Hawks aren't a very good team. They need will need a terrible shooting night from Jason Richardson, Hedo and others to win this game. The Magic played crap defense in game 1 which allowed the Hawks to win. Then shot terrible in games 3-4 that allowed the Hawks to win. So the Magic are gonna either have to play bad defense or shoot terrible for the Hawks to win. I don't see the Magic beating themselves tonight again, but hopefully they will in one of the next three.

Sorry but you're wrong. Hawks are a good team. A lot of the Magic bad shooting has to do with the Hawks good perimeter D. Not to mention the Magic have shot 30 more free throws than the Hawks this series yet we are still up 3-1. People always mention the Hawks are only winning because the Magic's poor shooting but fail to mention how much more they have been to the line.

ManRam
04-26-2011, 05:50 PM
Maybe I'm bias, but we're clanking WIDE OPEN shots. I probably said those two words 20 times the last two games.

Yes, the Hawk defense has been good - they have some size on us - but it hasn't been THIS good. This is a slump. Period.

J.Twiggy
04-26-2011, 06:10 PM
Even if you all break out of the slump it might not be enough to beat the Hawks three straight times.

NBA_Starter
04-26-2011, 06:46 PM
Magic will pull this one out

*Silver&Black*
04-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Maybe I'm bias, but we're clanking WIDE OPEN shots. I probably said those two words 20 times the last two games.

Yes, the Hawk defense has been good - they have some size on us - but it hasn't been THIS good. This is a slump. Period.

Well just know Hawks play in these games too, and it's not "Magic beating themselves". Sometimes I read these game threads and it seems Magic is going against the Magic with the lack of respect (and the posts of "Magic D is good, it's just Hawks making LUCKY shots". Then turn around and say "it's not Hawks D, it's Magic doing it to themselves". So Hawks is lucky on both sides of the court?). Was it a slump this season when we went 3-1 on the Magic troughout the season too? So that makes 6-2 this season/playoffs. Hawks are up 3 games and will most likely close it out. So I don't care about the lack of respect for the Hawks, we'll just see what goes down.;)

ManRam
04-26-2011, 07:48 PM
Wide open miss from Q ;)

Go figure...

:(

Baller1
04-26-2011, 07:51 PM
Dwight's spin move in the post is insanely quick.

ManRam
04-26-2011, 07:53 PM
Howard making all the hustle plays. I love it.

Jameer hit a three, that's a start. Still have missed two wide open ones. At least it looks like Jameer might have a little ammo tonight :dance:

Baller1
04-26-2011, 07:53 PM
What an effort there by Dwight.

*Silver&Black*
04-26-2011, 07:56 PM
Good, weird stat : "66.0 Points per 48 minutes scored by the Magic when Jason Collins is on the floor".

ManRam
Dumb foul for Dwight...

That might hurt us.

Baller1
Not a very fair call on Dwight there.

ManRam
04-26-2011, 07:57 PM
Good, weird stat : "66.0 Points per 48 minutes scored by the Magic when Jason Collins is on the floor".

I read that the Hawks defensive rating when Collins is in is like 74 (I think)...which is just insane. It's low when he's not in, because the Magic offense has been terrible, but yeah, Collins has done a great job.

ManRam
04-26-2011, 08:00 PM
I'm liking the aggression. Getting looks at the rim.

ManRam
04-26-2011, 08:01 PM
This is more like it!

macc
04-26-2011, 08:03 PM
Atta boy JJ. Nice to finally see my team playing well

ManRam
04-26-2011, 08:07 PM
JJ found his stroke :dance:

ManRam
04-26-2011, 08:14 PM
It's amazing what happens when you sink open threes...

macc
04-26-2011, 08:19 PM
Soo nice to see our team making their open shots. Hopefully we can stay hot for a bit.

Anon
04-26-2011, 08:20 PM
Finally

ManRam
04-26-2011, 08:21 PM
Was Chris calling him "Riddick"?

ManRam
04-26-2011, 08:24 PM
LOL Hedo...

Sucks he's missing out on the fun though.

macc
04-26-2011, 08:28 PM
Everyone is playing well right now. Let's keep our foot on the gas.

Raph isn't in here but he belives Dwight needs to dominate the ball for us to be effective. It comes down to ball movement and open shots imo.

ManRam
04-26-2011, 08:31 PM
Everyone is playing well right now. Let's keep our foot on the gas.

Raph isn't in here but he belives Dwight needs to dominate the ball for us to be effective. It comes down to ball movement and open shots imo.

You and I agree, we know this. Dwight needs touches, but they need to be in the flow of the offense. We can't just walk it up and throw it to him. That's terrible offense.

This is great offense: great ball movement, everyone getting touches, and people making shots. I love it.

ManRam
04-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Our perimeter guys are getting into the paint with ease too...that's huge.

macc
04-26-2011, 08:39 PM
First half couldn't of gone any better. Very nice to see J Rich being aggressive and getting to the rim. He must of been reading our threads the last few days.

still1ballin
04-26-2011, 08:40 PM
Talking to yourself manram? :)

mttwlsn16
manram talkin to himself lol

*Silver&Black*
Win or Lose, I'm glad Hawks are getting hit in the mouth, because IF we take this series, they need games like this if we get down alot to the Bulls, since we pretty much give up if we don't come out hot. Hopefully they atleast try in this game, so they learn from it.

mttwlsn16
04-26-2011, 08:41 PM
both games not even worth watching. hope lakers hornets is entertaining

ManRam
04-26-2011, 08:47 PM
I'm the only person myself is worthy of talking to ;)

There are three Magic fans here, and we do have all the same sigs. It hasn't been too much of me talking to myself :(

(Yes it has)

Sofnr
04-26-2011, 08:47 PM
This is just a complete beatdown by the Magic so far. I hope they can keep it up and take the momentum into Game 6.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-26-2011, 08:50 PM
Just tuned in to see the score. Wow how did the Magic get that big of a lead?

ManRam
04-26-2011, 08:55 PM
Just tuned in to see the score. Wow how did the Magic get that big of a lead?

The defense created a ton of turnovers (6 steals) and we hit threes. Pretty simple. We all know what we live and die from...

justinnum1
04-26-2011, 09:02 PM
nice job magic

SteBO
04-26-2011, 09:05 PM
Magic imosing their will on this team. Give them credit, they're playing like a desperate team. And I agree with Charles. This series is going seven games.

ManRam
04-26-2011, 09:07 PM
Love seeing Gil attack the rim. Wish he did this earlier in the season...

Chill_Will_24
04-26-2011, 09:08 PM
This blowout can go a long way towards getting the Magic their confidence back, as well as killing the Hawks' momentum. If any team can come back from 3-1 its the Magic. If they get hot from three again, they can win this series. We all know the Hawks are far from intimidating at home

ManRam
04-26-2011, 09:11 PM
We posted Richardson up a few times in Game 3 and it worked really well, but we abandoned it in the second half of that game. I think it's a pretty effective weapon...as he scores again doing so.

ManRam
04-26-2011, 09:13 PM
Richardson making up for lost time. Glad he's having a big game. We'll need him.

I was foolish for being happy he was suspended.

srfr4life
04-26-2011, 09:13 PM
Do you agree with STG putting Jameer in for Arenas?

srfr4life
04-26-2011, 09:16 PM
I'm the only person myself is worthy of talking to ;)

There are three Magic fans here, and we do have all the same sigs. It hasn't been too much of me talking to myself :(

(Yes it has)

Some fans like to observe more than talk. :)

Still my bro ManRam!

ManRam
04-26-2011, 09:21 PM
It would be cool if people actually defended Howard instead of just foul him hard every time...

Oh well. He's just gotta make them pay at the line.

macc
04-26-2011, 09:33 PM
It would be cool if people actually defended Howard instead of just foul him hard every time...

Oh well. He's just gotta make them pay at the line.

I agree, you think somone would want to "man up" and take the challenge on guarding Howard, instead they wrap their arms around his neck like little *****es.

*Silver&Black*
04-26-2011, 09:37 PM
I agree, you think somone would want to "man up" and take the challenge on guarding Howard, instead they wrap their arms around his neck like little *****es.

I love the internet.

macc
Nice passing by Gil. Yet again.

macc
I love the internet.

Ha ya no doubt.

Saad
04-26-2011, 09:39 PM
Dangg Statement game by Orlando. Anyone think they can actually comeback and win this one?

macc
04-26-2011, 09:42 PM
Malik Allen = x factor

theheatles
04-26-2011, 09:42 PM
magic winning by 40 and hedo is only +3

ManRam
04-26-2011, 09:45 PM
Game 6 should be amazing.

So excited.

NYK BaLLaS
04-26-2011, 09:49 PM
This is why no one takes the hawks seriously

Avenged
04-26-2011, 09:50 PM
Lol there's only Magic fans in here. Glad to see them pulling this one off!

Dwight will lead them to round 2.

ManRam
04-26-2011, 09:50 PM
Malik Allen's playoff beard is so legit.

NYK BaLLaS
04-26-2011, 09:51 PM
Hawks will win at home though

*Silver&Black*
04-26-2011, 09:58 PM
"Hawks just couldn't hit shots!"
"Hawks stepped on their own feet!"
"We had wide open 3's, but just couldn't knock them down!"

This is what I'm suppose to do right, act like the other team wasn't the reason? Looking at the past game threads when the Hawks won, this is what The Magic fans said.

Seriously, (really) good game Magic. Looking forward to game 6.

srfr4life
04-26-2011, 09:58 PM
Hawks will win at home though

Who wouldn't agree with that?

ManRam
04-26-2011, 10:00 PM
"Hawks just couldn't hit shots!"
"Hawks stepped on their own feet!"

This is what I'm suppose to do right, act like the other team wasn't the reason? Looking at the past game threads when the Hawks won, this is what The Magic fans said.

Seriously, (really) good game Magic. Looking forward to game 6.

4 for 16 from three would have been a good night for the Magic any other night but tonight ;) The Hawks do shoot themselves in the foot a lot though.

It is an excuse, and it does discredit the Hawks, but you can't deny that we were in such a shooting slump :shrug:

The Hawks just didn't show up tonight. That's their excuse.

5ass
04-26-2011, 10:00 PM
25 point blowout, AHH the good old days! Lol

*Silver&Black*
04-26-2011, 10:02 PM
Hawks always stop playing when down early. We are good if hot early (then let teams back in because of what looks like being bored), and are good at closing out close games. That is it. Get us down by 10+ early and watch us go to sleep.

When Josh Smith is our "player of the game", that isn't good.

So in 1 corner you have a hot/cold, "live by the 3" team vs a hot/cold needs to knock down shots early or quit team. Good fun!

SteveNash
04-26-2011, 10:15 PM
Hmmm what was the main difference between todays game which was a blowout for the Magic and the other 4 games in the series when it's been close?

ManRam
04-26-2011, 10:24 PM
Hmmm what was the main difference between todays game which was a blowout for the Magic and the other 4 games in the series when it's been close?

Dwight Howard didn't score a ton.

Don't be coy...just come out and tell us how much you hate Dwight ;)

NYK BaLLaS
04-26-2011, 10:25 PM
Josh smith has been in the nba how long and still can't shoot?gotta learn sometime

mttwlsn16
04-26-2011, 10:34 PM
hawks better win game 6 at home if they want to advance

cubswin25
04-26-2011, 11:36 PM
The Hawks were who I thought they were. I knew even though they were up 3-1, that this series wasn't close to over. The Hawks just aren't a very good team, and the Magic basically gave them 3 wins so far. Hopefully the Hawks can find away to just win one of the next two games. But for that to happen, were probably gonna need another really cold shooting night from the Magic. Because if the Magic are playing well, the Hawks can't beat them IMO. So hopefully a few players on the Hawks have a hot shooting night and the Magic struggle shooting again. Other wise it will be Bulls/Magic in round 2.

SteveNash
04-26-2011, 11:51 PM
Dwight Howard didn't score a ton.

Don't be coy...just come out and tell us how much you hate Dwight ;)

I don't hate Dwight.

hawks4
04-26-2011, 11:53 PM
The Hawks gotta find someone willing to take Joe Johnson off of their hands this summer. I'm so sick of his crap. 5 points in a playoff game under a max contract??? So pathetic. TRUE Hawks fans deserve so much better.....

Raph12
04-27-2011, 12:03 AM

How about Redick scoring 11pts in the first with Dwight picking up two early fouls (the same thing he did in Game 4 yet they got killed in his absence). Or maybe it was the zero turnovers we had in the 2nd and 3rd quarters (quite the feat for a turnover prone team like ours). Or maybe it was the 50+FG% we were shooting going into the 4th quarter?... Point is, a lot of things differ from this game and the last four, to pick on one thing is just plain stupid.

drobe86
04-27-2011, 12:11 AM
I really hope the Hawks win the next game. That being said, I'm not sure they do. I got a pretty bad feeling about this series. The early games may have been fools gold and the Magic have finally woke up. I hope I'm wrong, but my gut tells me Magic win in 7....

ohreally
04-27-2011, 12:29 AM
It is the Hawks, and I really thought the Magic were the sleeper team in the East this year,
but I do think the Hawks will take this one at this point. A blowout is just a blowout until you repeat it. I would prefer to see a Magic/Bulls series rather than Hawks/Bulls though.

SteveNash
04-27-2011, 01:26 AM
How about Redick scoring 11pts in the first with Dwight picking up two early fouls (the same thing he did in Game 4 yet they got killed in his absence). Or maybe it was the zero turnovers we had in the 2nd and 3rd quarters (quite the feat for a turnover prone team like ours). Or maybe it was the 50+FG% we were shooting going into the 4th quarter?... Point is, a lot of things differ from this game and the last four, to pick on one thing is just plain stupid.

Redick gets more shots and starts hitting them, Orlando turns it over a lot less.

Wonder what could have contributed to those two things.

ManRam
04-27-2011, 08:46 AM
Redick gets more shots and starts hitting them, Orlando turns it over a lot less.

Wonder what could have contributed to those two things.

Redick hardly had more shots last night than game 4, hell, he had 8 last night and the least he's had all series is 6. :shrug: He just hit the ones he took. The TOs being down probably honestly did have something to do with Dwight not playing as much, but I'd rather Dwight have a few TOs in a tight game and make sure he gets touches than not. He's the only semblance of consistency this team has.

reffahead
04-27-2011, 01:17 PM
It's disingenuous to believe the hawks would take the magic in 5 games. Their play was disappointing to say the least, with that said, game 6 will be electric in Philips Arena.

SteveNash
04-27-2011, 03:20 PM
Redick hardly had more shots last night than game 4, hell, he had 8 last night and the least he's had all series is 6. :shrug: He just hit the ones he took. The TOs being down probably honestly did have something to do with Dwight not playing as much, but I'd rather Dwight have a few TOs in a tight game and make sure he gets touches than not. He's the only semblance of consistency this team has.

I'd rather have a free flowing offense.

ManRam
04-27-2011, 03:46 PM
I'd rather have a free flowing offense.

It's the coaching's fault, not Dwight's, that our offense doesn't flow well all the time. We don't run complex plays. We walk it up and force it to him, which does stagnate the rest of the offense. We never run an offensive set where Dwight is a potential final option/scorer except for the dump it off to him with 18 seconds left in the shot clock. That's bad coaching. It doesn't help either that most of our perimeter players can't penetrate for the life of them.

SteveNash
04-27-2011, 03:50 PM
It's the coaching's fault, not Dwight's, that our offense doesn't flow well all the time. We don't run complex plays. We walk it up and force it to him, which does stagnate the rest of the offense. We never run an offensive set where Dwight is a potential final option/scorer except for the dump it off to him with 18 seconds left in the shot clock. That's bad coaching. It doesn't help either that most of our perimeter players can't penetrate for the life of them.

I wouldn't put the blame solely on SVG. Dwight Howard wanted to be the man. So maybe what you're saying is that it's Stan's fault for caving in? Maybe Dwight's unique skill set is the reason why SVG is running the plays he does.

rapjuicer06
04-27-2011, 04:15 PM
I wouldn't put the blame solely on SVG. Dwight Howard wanted to be the man. So maybe what you're saying is that it's Stan's fault for caving in? Maybe Dwight's unique skill set is the reason why SVG is running the plays he does.

no its stan's fault. he lets the players jack up three after three after three..even when they aren't falling. they either do that, or give it to dwight right away and just stand and watch. its like little kids playing out there sometimes. theres nothing to the offense. same with the hawks. its just iso after iso...its so damn easy to defend these two teams for the lack of offensive coaching

SteveNash
04-27-2011, 04:21 PM
no its stan's fault. he lets the players jack up three after three after three..even when they aren't falling. they either do that, or give it to dwight right away and just stand and watch. its like little kids playing out there sometimes. theres nothing to the offense. same with the hawks. its just iso after iso...its so damn easy to defend these two teams for the lack of offensive coaching

Stan changes the offense depending on personnel.

rapjuicer06
04-27-2011, 04:30 PM
Stan changes the offense depending on personnel.

not really, everyone just jacks up shots after shots.