PDA

View Full Version : Should Timmy Retire?

210Don
04-25-2011, 10:55 PM
if the spurs lose. should he? obviously doesn't have it no more and i think him staying will only hurt us. its time to accept the truth...he needs to move on and this core needs to be broken up.

TheHoopsProphet
04-25-2011, 10:57 PM
I hope you never become the president of my country. Because the moment adversity comes your way you would probably suggest a nuclear attack as the only way to move on from the situation.

210Don
04-25-2011, 10:59 PM
dude he had 6 points and 7 rebounds splitter played less minutes and had 10 points 9 rebounds in 21 minutes.
its just a question

JordansBulls
04-25-2011, 11:00 PM
if the spurs lose. should he? obviously doesn't have it no more and i think him staying will only hurt us. its time to accept the truth...he needs to move on and this core needs to be broken up.

No, but it is clear he may be better off as a 3rd option on a team now.

Gators123

Are you Bipolar?

210Don
Are you Bipolar?

how so?

210Don
No, but it is clear he may be better off as a 3rd option on a team now.

another team or the spurs?

goose15
04-25-2011, 11:01 PM
no.

Sadds The Gr8
04-25-2011, 11:02 PM
nah he can be a serviceable Center on the Spurs still.

GeekInThePink
Nice sig, your clearly a fan of a team/player when they're winning or succeeding statistically, you are what I call a useless fan.

drobe86

I've been telling you that all season. He's a dinosaur man. He's slow as hell, no low post moves, no explosiveness, his shot isn't what it was 3 years ago. He declined faster than any superstar I've ever seen. Alot of that has to do with the fact that he's playing Randolph as well... Randolph is a top 3 PF in this league hands down, but nobody pays him any attention...

TheHoopsProphet
04-25-2011, 11:03 PM
dude he had 6 points and 7 rebounds splitter played less minutes and had 10 points 9 rebounds in 21 minutes.
its just a question

I also hope you never become a citizen of my country because you would probably burn every flag the moment you found out tax hiked up a couple points. Benedict Arnold, Judas of San Antonio, you can bash your franchise's GOAT all you want, but you stay away from my country damn you!

210Don
04-25-2011, 11:06 PM
guys i love my team but its just never gonna happen again i mean championship that is well be in the playoffs but well get no where without a legit big next to timmy but this team doesn't want a big it seems
im just accepting reality..... something most people cant do when it comes to bball

GeekInThePink
04-25-2011, 11:08 PM
guys i love my team but its just never gonna happen again i mean championship that is well be in the playoffs but well get no where without a legit big next to timmy but this team doesn't want a big it seems
im just accepting reality..... something most people cant do when it comes to bball

fair weather fan :rolleyes:

210Don
04-25-2011, 11:09 PM
fair weather fan :rolleyes:

nah you dont know me bruh.... ive never felt like this after a series.... this is different been a fan since 95 when i could walk.

MrfadeawayJB
04-25-2011, 11:09 PM
No he should not retire... you guys just need more young talent

Hawkeye15
04-25-2011, 11:10 PM
chill 210. You are seeing what many have been saying all year. Duncan has declined. Wait to make this thread until the series is done, and Zach/Marc won the matchup

210Don
04-25-2011, 11:11 PM
No he should not retire... you guys just need more young talent

we have it they just never play well in playoffs. hill just layed a egg neal didnt play bonner is trash and we have no center

210Don
04-25-2011, 11:11 PM
chill 210. You are seeing what many have been saying all year. Duncan has declined. Wait to make this thread until the series is done, and Zach/Marc won the matchup

yup im finally seeing it. sad it has to be now.

MrfadeawayJB
04-25-2011, 11:13 PM
we have it they just never play well in playoffs. hill just layed a egg neal didnt play bonner is trash and we have no center

I would only refer to Hill, Splitter, and Blair as "young talent"...unfortunatly spurs dont have many tradeable commodities....no one really wants Parker, Ginoboli, Timmy, or RJ at this point in thier careers....and if they did they would not give up much for them

Hellcrooner
04-25-2011, 11:16 PM
I've been telling you that all season. He's a dinosaur man. He's slow as hell, no low post moves, no explosiveness, his shot isn't what it was 3 years ago. He declined faster than any superstar I've ever seen. Alot of that has to do with the fact that he's playing Randolph as well... Randolph is a top 3 PF in this league hands down, but nobody pays him any attention...

randolph is barely top 10 he is benefiting from having Marc gasol by his side, duncan does not have any help to stop them two.

210Don
04-25-2011, 11:16 PM
I would only refer to Hill, Splitter, and Blair as "young talent"...unfortunatly spurs dont have many tradeable commodities....no one really wants Parker, Ginoboli, Timmy, or RJ at this point in thier careers....and if they did they would not give up much for them

true that that statement says it all were playing with a buncha rejects

Crackadalic
04-25-2011, 11:17 PM
No but its clear his dropoff is worse then last year. Makes you wonder if he really deserve to be a allstar this year

THE MTL
04-25-2011, 11:19 PM
Like up until this point, Tim Duncan always had the ability to turn it up! And its not there anymore. Seriously his numbers this year were awful for him and I've been using the postseason as an excuse for him as well as the Spurs great record. However, he doesnt have it anymore.

I think he should retire after next season. He can play till he's 40 if he likes, but I would hate for a guy like Tim Duncan to retire as a bench player/minor role player.

Bulls_fan90
04-25-2011, 11:19 PM
I'll laugh if the Spurs comeback and win the series.

210Don
04-25-2011, 11:22 PM
I'll laugh if the Spurs comeback and win the series.

id be happy, aint gunna happen.:(

RaidersLakers24
04-25-2011, 11:23 PM
If he wants to go out on a high note then yes! If he wants to keep diminishing and making his career less significant then no it's really up to him he's clearly just an above average role player now! Sorry spurs fans Timmy is the greatest PF ever but Timmy isn't an all-star anymore IMO he should retire

Mishmin
04-25-2011, 11:24 PM
Overreacting. No one retires the year after an "all-star" season. Yes he's not the player he once was, but still helped his team to a hell of a record this year. Don't give up on him yet.

Mishmin
04-25-2011, 11:25 PM
It's like Nick Cage. There's no more Con Airs or The Rocks left, but you'll still see his face around until there's really nothing left to give.

kblo247
04-25-2011, 11:27 PM
No. The idiot who traded for and extended Richard Jefferson should though.

If the same fool keeps Scola, we would all be talking about Duncan's extended window

tyfreaks brotha
04-25-2011, 11:29 PM
He sure as hell declined but he's a servicable big man with another 2-3 years left. I agree though you need to break up the core.

Jewelz0376
04-25-2011, 11:29 PM
Nah he shouldn't retire..He's obviously not the Timmy of old, but he can still play... Gasol and Zbo are tough...If they do advance they will give Perk and Ibaka all they can handle..

I really think Ginobili getting injured for the series hurt the Spurs more than Timmy struggling...

GeekInThePink
04-25-2011, 11:30 PM
nah you dont know me bruh.... ive never felt like this after a series.... this is different been a fan since 95 when i could walk.

Using ellipsis and calling me bruh is so unnecessary, please don't do that again.

_KB24_
04-25-2011, 11:32 PM
That was brutal. I didn't catch many Spurs games this year, but from the ones I saw, he was a ghost on the floor. They never really ran any plays for him as well. Was he the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd option this year, I honestly can't tell. I say it's time to hang it up.

King Koopa
04-25-2011, 11:33 PM
Anyways I never said he was the best I said he was one of the best. He's a huge treat down low and great rebounder because he takes up so much space. Not sold on him on the defensive side of the ball but he seems to be getting better. Top 5-8 for sure.

Geargo Wallace
04-25-2011, 11:35 PM
I really hope that if Dwight leaves Orlando, he goes to San Antonio (well Toronto first but that's not happening). He could really reap the benefits of playing for a great franchise, coach, and with some players who have a something left in the tank. Duncan could pass the torch to Dwight like Robinson did to him. That would be a much greater story than watching the Spurs fall into mediocrity because of the big market teams 'manufacturing' teams out of green paper bills.

I'm disappointed in you 210 Don. You know how much I don't like you in the first place, but I respected you for defending the Spurs all season long. Now you're throwing in the towel like a fair weather fan who faced adversity for the first time. This isn't the last that we've heard of Timmy D and the Spurs.

Lakerhead4ever
04-25-2011, 11:35 PM
+1 Z-bo is amazing on both ends of the floor. Not as flashy as alot of the other PFs in todays game but just as effective

only time i see this guy is when the mavs win or a elite team loses lmao

smh

Lakerhead4ever
04-25-2011, 11:38 PM
imo this yr was the best shot they had to a ring lets face it.

after this yr the west will get considerably better

Unless he cant let the game of basketball go, he will retire imo

besides, hes the greatest PF of all time, 4 rings

210Don
04-25-2011, 11:38 PM
I really hope that if Dwight leaves Orlando, he goes to San Antonio (well Toronto first but that's not happening). He could really reap the benefits of playing for a great franchise, coach, and with some players who have a something left in the tank. Duncan could pass the torch to Dwight like Robinson did to him. That would be a much greater story than watching the Spurs fall into mediocrity because of the big market teams 'manufacturing' teams out of green paper bills.

I'm disappointed in you 210 Don. You know how much I don't like you in the first place, but I respected you for defending the Spurs all season long. Now you're throwing in the towel like a fair weather fan who faced adversity for the first time. This isn't the last that we've heard of Timmy D and the Spurs.

i was defending a fraud team, you were right everyone was right. fools gold.
and about d12 hed never come here

Geargo Wallace
04-25-2011, 11:39 PM
It's like Nick Cage. There's no more Con Airs or The Rocks left, but you'll still see his face around until there's really nothing left to give.

I watched both of these films the other day... so corny. Especially Con Air. But believe me - the Spurs have a Gone in 60 Seconds left in them. Timmy just needs another capable big beside him. It will relieve so much pressure on D and O for him, and bring the Spurs back to the great defensive team that they once were, instead of some 3-point shooting team that can't win in the playoffs.

tjlipford
04-25-2011, 11:41 PM
Duncan is not the player he once was, its gonna happen to everybody at some point in there careers. ****, he has been putting in work his whole career, and has 4 rings to show for it. He cant do it anymore, but NO he should not retire. He has done great things for that city and franchise and fans should ride with him until he retires. He still can play, but he is not a go to guy anymore. Sad, but it will happen to everybody. He's 34 years old and has played a lot of ball including the playoffs so Im not too surprised about his drop off. The Spurs are older and there run is over, but I dont understand some of the negativity towards Duncan.

PHX2daDEATH
04-25-2011, 11:58 PM
He should join the Celtics

S-Dot
04-26-2011, 12:05 AM
teams have been down 3-1 before and came back to win so I would wait to see how this series ends. He still has ability to contribute; he's just facing a Memphis team that has his number so far

lakeshow3peat
04-26-2011, 12:15 AM
Future hall of famer age is up there but no the guy is one of the best centers to the play the game . If anything he needs a team to take the slack off him . Hey Timmy come to LA give bynum some rest throughout the season Timmy for Luke walton and joe smith and picks done deal .

Lakerhead4ever
04-26-2011, 12:17 AM

i guess whn my parents get old enough im going to send them to the celtics too..

everyone else is doing it.

Chi StateOfMind
04-26-2011, 12:21 AM
Hey 210 do u think that maybe ur team just happen to go against a real young hungry team that matches up great against your team. Tim Duncan of course is'nt as good as he was but to say retire right now probably not. IMO Memphis just looks hungrier and has the fresher legs. Everyone has always said that the Spurs are getting old and there clock is ticking on winning championships but the series isn't OVER yet.

kblo247
04-26-2011, 12:21 AM

I don't know you, but I would slap you up side the head if you told me that in person.

BrizzleBear
04-26-2011, 12:49 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?p=17488875#post17488875

210Don talking before the playoffs started.

MFFL==FML
04-26-2011, 12:54 AM
Duncan for Brendan Haywood ANY day... My dream is for Dirk and Duncan to play together! :D Throw in Manu for a S&T of Caron Butler and Dominique Jones and I will be a happy camper with our OLD roster.

PG: Kidd - Barea
SG: Ginobili - Beaubois
SF: Marion - Stojakovic
PF: Nowitzki - Mahinmi
C : Chandler - Duncan

Who cares if they are old and former rivals... if people like Don210 want to get rid of them, I'm buying them.

Bullsfan22
04-26-2011, 12:55 AM
Way to give up hope on your team.

kblo247
04-26-2011, 12:55 AM
This is my version of a I told you so for telling me the Spurs were going to take the other teams out, out west and be playing for a title at least 10 times this year. I said they would fall flat and be an easy out versus any team with legit bigs be it LA or Memphis once the Melo deal happened

lol @ yall always getting mad. lol @ yall thinking the grizz can beat the spurs, and if you dont think that then theres no point in arguing who cares if we go 6 . this spurs team is so disrespected its not even funny no one would ever say that about a laker team but when its about the spurs oh there too old an 8 seed can beat them! please were not the mavs,

i really dont see how they think they can beat us.... the reg season vs the playoffs is a whole different animal. this grizz team hasnt been to the playoffs its there first ina while, there gunna see how this team turns up teh defense and plays smart bball, i see a 5 game series they get one in memphis

i would be shocked.... and that would be worse than the mavs losing to the warriors.

PLAYERS FAN
04-26-2011, 01:01 AM
This is my version of a I told you so for telling me the Spurs were going to take the other teams out, out west and be playing for a title at least 10 times this year. I said they would fall flat and be an easy out versus any team with legit bigs be it LA or Memphis once the Melo deal happened

He's humble now:laugh2:

Geargo Wallace
04-26-2011, 01:03 AM

can we just stricken anything he ever says from the record?

kblo247
04-26-2011, 01:12 AM
I'm good now. Just had to do that to him because he talked mad **** to me and was just ignoring the elephant in the room, which was the Spurs had no size outside of Duncan

Raph12
04-26-2011, 01:21 AM
I'm sure he can get a max deal out of Otis Smith... Knowing Otis' decision-making, we may give the Spurs Dwight for him in a s&t.

kblo247
04-26-2011, 01:34 AM
I'm sure he can get a max deal out of Otis Smith... Knowing Otis' decision-making, we may give the Spurs Dwight for him in a s&t.

Otis will even take back RJ for Anderson and Bass :p

sep11ie
04-26-2011, 01:43 AM
I hope your not that premature with your girlfriend.

Geargo Wallace
04-26-2011, 02:30 AM
I hope your not that premature with your girlfriend.

owwwwwwwwwwww :clap:

ElMarroAfamado
04-26-2011, 03:23 AM
Where are the "15" more to go sigs that i saw Spurs fans had a while back? when the playoffs started? haha but anyway...Tim Duncan is old and he doesnt have what it takes to be the centerpiece anymore. Add to that a flopper that is injured as often as Ginobili...along with a PG who cant shoot and relies entirely on the paint well its a recipe for failure. (Now atleast) ...when Matt Bonner is your best shooter you know you have problems. So in the end, yes, Tim Duncan should retire and I personally dont dislike the guy but it would be nice to see the Spurs fade into mediocrity once he does.

Whomewhome
04-26-2011, 04:00 AM
no way he still has a few years in the tank as a starter. And then a few years as a bench guy if wants it.

Mudvayne91
04-26-2011, 04:35 AM
Won't happen, but I'd love to have him on Denver. He's still very serviceable in the NBA even if he's not the old Duncan.

Trueblue2
04-26-2011, 05:04 AM
He shouldnt retire, San Antonio should realize he's not the player he once was and get some young talent. Timmy can still have a big impact on the game and help his team, just in a smaller role. Put him next to a legit center and his numbers improve just because other teams can't match up with that size. Twin towers v 2.0 needs to happen for the spurs to be contenders for the end of Duncans career.

DRose7
04-26-2011, 05:50 AM
id be happy, aint gunna happen.:(

Wow, this is pathetic smh...one day your a die hard fan, the next morning hanging it up :surrender: ...now ur doubting your teams GOAT player's ability to still play :eyebrow:

Duncan = Donkey
04-26-2011, 06:04 AM
He's clearly a shadow of what he used to be. Just a role player now. 3rd option at best.

millerandco
04-26-2011, 06:09 AM
he's just been murdered this playoffs on D

magichatnumber9
04-26-2011, 06:25 AM
I said no because he should be a bench player by now.

Patman
04-26-2011, 07:35 AM
I could throw up at the momment the Spurs play like ****, they look like a Team that has never expirienced the playoffs. The guards play some of the sloppiest ball i've seen all season.

Tim Duncan has declined and that was the case over the last 2 years, but if you look at the stats, he does not get the touches he used to get. in 4 games 43 FGA that is really low. I think he can give you some more on offense if they would go to him, but they played all year with Tim as a 3rd option and they can't change that now it seems.

I hope they get it together for game 5, with Spurs like execution the Spurs would lead the series 3-1 but they failed hard in that area.

Iron24th
04-26-2011, 07:45 AM
Nice sig, your clearly a fan of a team/player when they're winning or succeeding statistically, you are what I call a useless fan.

+1

You remind me mavs fans,they're all over the forum when all goes right,then they become pretty pathetic.

X12Celtics3
04-26-2011, 07:55 AM
Where are the "15" more to go sigs that i saw Spurs fans had a while back? when the playoffs started? haha but anyway...Tim Duncan is old and he doesnt have what it takes to be the centerpiece anymore. Add to that a flopper that is injured as often as Ginobili...along with a PG who cant shoot and relies entirely on the paint well its a recipe for failure. (Now atleast) ...when Matt Bonner is your best shooter you know you have problems. So in the end, yes, Tim Duncan should retire and I personally dont dislike the guy but it would be nice to see the Spurs fade into mediocrity once he does.

You mean one of the best three point shooters in the NBA? He shot .457 from deep this past year, higher than Ray Allen at .444 and Stephen Curry at .442... out of players who took at least 100 three pointers over the course of the season, he had the highest percentage in the NBA.

Obviously Matt Bonner isn't a star, but he would be "your best shooter" on most teams.

jezzyman05
04-26-2011, 08:00 AM

OH YES PLEASE !!!!!!!!!! I HOPE GINOBILI IS THE FIRST ONE OUT!!!!!!!!!

Tony Parker right behind him!!!If there was ever a time I wanted to smack Parker it was last night this guy goes 9 for 9 from the floor in the first have then in the second goes 0 for 3 and has 1 assist....1 ****ING ASSIST and 7 TURNOVERS!!!, Parker is a Point Guard BTW 1 ASSIST!! is unacceptable this team needs a true PG, Tony Parker is a shooting guard not a Point Guard Im tired of this team trying to run the offense thourgh Parker and Ginobili (Parker gets trigger happy and Ginobili is a gimp) and they come up short every time wheres the interior defense? where is the offense that ran through Duncan, which in turned got us 4 championships, I hate to see Duncan go out like this, but this is what the spurs wanted,by signing Parker (5yr 60 mi) Ginobili (4yr 39 mil) and Jefferson (4yr 40 mil), missing out on several free agent centers or open trade options for centers, you give up defense for offense...

ragee
04-26-2011, 08:07 AM
After all the things Timmy did for your franchise, this is what you are going to day? Wow... If I am the owner of the Spurs, I would let Duncan play as long as he wants to...

jezzyman05
04-26-2011, 08:15 AM
Nah he shouldn't retire..He's obviously not the Timmy of old, but he can still play... Gasol and Zbo are tough...If they do advance they will give Perk and Ibaka all they can handle..

I really think Ginobili getting injured for the series hurt the Spurs more than Timmy struggling...

When isnt ginobili hurt....the guys always get hurt...hell all the guy needs to do is walk down the street and he gets hurt (3 more years of this crap)

jezzyman05
04-26-2011, 08:17 AM
After all the things Timmy did for your franchise, this is what you are going to day? Wow... If I am the owner of the Spurs, I would let Duncan play as long as he wants to...

If I owned the spurs I would let Tim play as long as he wants to.....I sure as hell would never have kept Ginobili this long and would have traded parker short after the 2007 title because he showed what kind of PG he truely is.

jezzyman05
04-26-2011, 08:20 AM
Duncan for Brendan Haywood ANY day... My dream is for Dirk and Duncan to play together! :D Throw in Manu for a S&T of Caron Butler and Dominique Jones and I will be a happy camper with our OLD roster.[/B

]PG: Kidd - Barea
SG: Ginobili - Beaubois
SF: Marion - Stojakovic
PF: Nowitzki - Mahinmi
C : Chandler - Duncan

Who cares if they are old and former rivals... if people like Don210 want to get rid of them, I'm buying them.

To bad I wasn't a GM I would do this in a heartbeat..... ( the ginobili part not duncan)....I wouldn't trade Duncan even if LeBron was a piece of the trade (Im a loyal Spurs and Duncan Fan)

jezzyman05
04-26-2011, 08:30 AM

I agree to disagree, Tim Duncan can be centerpiece, he can be a defensive centerpiece and give the offense to another person who can actually run a offense. The problem (and I have been saying it all year) has been our interior defense/ low post offense is non existence, and it going to get worst ginobili (flopper), Parker and Jefferson will strap this team for the next 2-3 years, for the money these guys get they needs to be better all round players and they are not...I don't know what happen to the 2007 Parker but he needs to come back and come back NOW!!! 1 ****ing Assist is pathetic for a PG, when I see our starting PG dish 1 assist that means the guy is not running the offense he is just taking shot after shot.

The Spurs should have traded him, he was a excellent trade chip but instead we extended him. Ginobili is the same we should let he contract end and tried to resign him for lower money and had him as our 6th man, but no we extended him to for star money and then he got hurt (surprise! surprise!) and again crippled our chances at a title run.

TO to the CHI
04-26-2011, 08:32 AM
I always respected 210don as a solid representative of the Spurs on PSD and now I see that he is the epitomy of a fair weather fan. Less than a month ago, he was predicting Spurs over Memphis in 5, talking about how the age and experience were key and building up the team. Now he leaps away from them like they have the Ebola virus. Shameful sh** man. Shameful sh**.

With fans like you, the Spurs are really in trouble.

jezzyman05
04-26-2011, 08:42 AM
he's just been murdered this playoffs on D

:facepalm: What do you expect he is the only good Big man we have and him going up against Gasol and Randolph is not easy even in his prime we would have struggled a little bit handling them.....

jezzyman05
04-26-2011, 08:54 AM
I always respected 210don as a solid representative of the Spurs on PSD and now I see that he is the epitomy of a fair weather fan. Less than a month ago, he was predicting Spurs over Memphis in 5, talking about how the age and experience were key and building up the team. Now he leaps away from them like they have the Ebola virus. Shameful sh** man. Shameful sh**.

With fans like you, the Spurs are really in trouble.

San Antonio is full is full of fair weather fans I have been a spurs season ticket holder for years I have rooted for them in 1996-1997 (21-61 TEAM to now), in 1999 we almost lost the spurs because the people of San Antonio were to dam cheap to buy them a arena, and the "VOTE NO SPURS" campaign began like I said we almost lost them, even in San Antonio you can tell a fair weather fan and a true fan.

I don't know 210don well, I can't say if he is a fair weather fan or not but I will say this 210Don is, like every true spurs fan....is disappointed, we are the better team in this series but the matchups is what causing problems with a non existence interior defense Gasol and Randolph are ripping us apart and yesterday Conley ripped apart Parker....23 points for parker dosen't mean crap when you have 1 ast and 7 turnovers :facepalm:

The Jokemaker
04-26-2011, 08:54 AM
Duncan shouldn't retire yet. He still has some gas left in the tank and if anything a short playoff exit would do his body good.

The problem with the spurs is they relied too much on the 3 all season. They became a finesse 3 point team that lived and died by it. They just so happened to stay hot for a good chunk of the season. However in the playoffs they ran into a team that played them tough all season and who plays tough, physical, bruising basketball. Most of the time the finesse 3 point team doesn't make it far in the playoffs.

BlondeBomber41
04-26-2011, 09:15 AM
He shouldn't retire. Since you don't want him you should just convince the San Antonio front office to release him from his contract. I'm sure another team would love to have him.

jezzyman05
04-26-2011, 09:15 AM
Duncan shouldn't retire yet. He still has some gas left in the tank and if anything a short playoff exit would do his body good.

The problem with the spurs is they relied too much on the 3 all season. They became a finesse 3 point team that lived and died by it. They just so happened to stay hot for a good chunk of the season. However in the playoffs they ran into a team that played them tough all season and who plays tough, physical, bruising basketball. Most of the time the finesse 3 point team doesn't make it far in the playoffs.

Ever since we drafted Duncan this team has relied on the 3 point shot and in past years it worked very well because our offense was ran through Duncan.

Tim Duncan was a low post presence that this league hadn't see in a very long time he dominated the paint, he was a glass eating and commanded double teams all this and stil yet he was averaging 4 ast per game, 2 years (and 1 bad knee) later we see the offense go away from duncan the offense now is ran by Parker and Ginobili, they are the ones creating shots for everyone (which ginobili is decent at it and Parker is below average in doing ) and therefore is not as effective as past teams.

In this offense Parker should be putting up Chris Paul like numbers and he isn't even close.

blacknell
04-26-2011, 09:16 AM
his play has been down the past 2 seasons he is facing that downward spiral like Shaq they are both way past there greatness

jezzyman05
04-26-2011, 09:17 AM
He shouldn't retire. Since you don't want him you should just convince the San Antonio front office to release him from his contract. I'm sure another team would love to have him.

No one has ever said we didnt want him, the question of this thread is more opinion "should timmy retire"

The spurs (like me) are too loyal to Duncan to release him to trade him

midwestmadman
04-26-2011, 09:21 AM
The Spurs have had one helluva run over the last 10+ years, always a contender, and several championships to show for it. I do think Tim should retire before he is a guy who comes off the bench or becomes that vetern former superstar that is shipped all over the place and doesn't play (Shaq). He has been one of the good guys in the league, and it's tough to dislike the guy when all he did was win and not cause trouble. Having said that it is time to go, and for the Spurs to go in anew direction. I just doubt that he will accept going out in this fashion losing in the 1st rd to the 8th seed. He may announce that next year will be his last and hope they can make another deep playoff run, and frankly he has earned that right to do it that way.

jezzyman05
04-26-2011, 09:25 AM
The Spurs have had one helluva run over the last 10+ years, always a contender, and several championships to show for it. I do think Tim should retire before he is a guy who comes off the bench or becomes that vetern former superstar that is shipped all over the place and doesn't play (Shaq). He has been one of the good guys in the league, and it's tough to dislike the guy when all he did was win and not cause trouble. Having said that it is time to go, and for the Spurs to go in anew direction. I just doubt that he will accept going out in this fashion losing in the 1st rd to the 8th seed. He may announce that next year will be his last and hope they can make another deep playoff run, and frankly he has earned that right to do it that way.

I agree :clap:

ragee
04-26-2011, 09:44 AM
The Spurs should give Pops a raise... Imagine if he didn't limit Duncan's mins all those years, he would have peaked and declined sooner than this...

ddhulett
04-26-2011, 10:02 AM
Being a Mavs fan YES....but really NO dude He is still a 7foot big man than can post a double double every night you let that guy play until he just can't.

You might want to get another Center to back him up, because we all know Timmy is a Center not a PF.

Double_R
04-26-2011, 10:04 AM
Dude helped his team post the best record in the West, was an allstar in the process and because they are down 3-1 you suggest this??? Such a wack post. You clearly have no loyalty to your team. If Duncan was a QB in the NFL and was hurting the team by throwing interceptions and fumbling every game, maybe, but he isn't and he still plays formidable defense, still can make a basket with the best of them, what a joke post.

Aren't you the same dude that was arguing that Pau hadn't passed him earlier in the season??

urlachermess
04-26-2011, 10:06 AM
wouldnt it be great if the spurs came back from 1-3 to beat the grizzlies....then should Duncan retire?

ne3xchamps
04-26-2011, 10:12 AM

:burn:

Swashcuff
04-26-2011, 10:15 AM
Are there 32 people who are really THAT short sighted? Tim Duncan still has tons of value and has at least 2 good seasons left in him. If he retired now it would be a great loss to the league even at this stage in his career he did a great job in the regular season of staying healthy and anchoring the Spurs D.

So he isn't have a great series. Who the hell is? Is he the reason they are being killed inside? NO he is the reason they are being obliterated he is doing all he can be there is only so much a 34 yo Tim Duncan can bring to the table outside of his production. We saw that this entire regular season.

Are you guys kidding me?

ne3xchamps
04-26-2011, 10:16 AM
Wow, this is pathetic smh...one day your a die hard fan, the next morning hanging it up :surrender: ...now ur doubting your teams GOAT player's ability to still play :eyebrow:

this. classic example of a bandwagon fan. ready to defend them to the end, until s-t gets a little rocky, then they are ready to jump off a bridge. classic! :facepalm:

Mile High Champ
04-26-2011, 10:16 AM
No he should not retire. I still maintain that Duncan is a top 5 PF in this league. Yes he has struggled in the series but I think that has more to do with the pressure being put on him to carry the offensive load. Guys like Hill, Neal, Parker etc all need need to create more scoring opportunities for the Spurs.

I can't believe some of you think Duncan should retire, that is just downright crazy, he has a few more good seasons left in him.

King Koopa
04-26-2011, 10:21 AM
Another Miami fan being an *******. Surprise.
English is his second language, man. Calm down.

lol being called out by a Bulls fan makes it even better. And to add to what you said I honestly don't care. I'm here to write and talk about sports other then that I don't give a **** about anyone here.

ne3xchamps
04-26-2011, 10:22 AM
OH YES PLEASE !!!!!!!!!! I HOPE GINOBILI IS THE FIRST ONE OUT!!!!!!!!!

Tony Parker right behind him!!!If there was ever a time I wanted to smack Parker it was last night this guy goes 9 for 9 from the floor in the first have then in the second goes 0 for 3 and has 1 assist....1 ****ING ASSIST and 7 TURNOVERS!!!, Parker is a Point Guard BTW 1 ASSIST!! is unacceptable this team needs a true PG, Tony Parker is a shooting guard not a Point Guard Im tired of this team trying to run the offense thourgh Parker and Ginobili (Parker gets trigger happy and Ginobili is a gimp) and they come up short every time wheres the interior defense? where is the offense that ran through Duncan, which in turned got us 4 championships, I hate to see Duncan go out like this, but this is what the spurs wanted,by signing Parker (5yr 60 mi) Ginobili (4yr 39 mil) and Jefferson (4yr 40 mil), missing out on several free agent centers or open trade options for centers, you give up defense for offense...

I agree with you man. the spurs have a few bad contracts over the next few years. not only money wise, but the product they are going to get in return will not justify the contracts. They really can't trade any of those 3. IMO no team wants a crippled manu, and parker being way off his game.

Swashcuff
04-26-2011, 10:22 AM
210Don is a joke and a disgrace to all Spurs fans.

He doesn't know his players well AT ALL. He praised TD this entire season and even suggested that he IS the best PF in the league. Every discussion he has he tries to bring in some Spurs or mainly Tim Duncan agenda and now he says TD should retire. Dude you are a disgrace to the good Spurs fans.

Tim Duncan has major value left all he needs is some help. We saw this before with SA. David Robinson needed help he alone couldn't get the job done anymore as he got old when TD came they were a force. TD just needs a running mate.

ne3xchamps
04-26-2011, 10:29 AM

UUmmm the spurs will NEVER release or trade timmy. He is a spur for life. Hate to give your hopes up as a mavs fan.;)

C_Mund
04-26-2011, 10:40 AM
To be completely honest he doesn't need to retire but I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if he did.
The man has been winning 'chips consistently for a long time and if he wanted to hang 'em up that's pretty cool. Not many people have the chance of a true legacy and there's no reason that he shouldn't go out after having a great team season. He has nothing left to prove at this point.
....although I thought it'd be wicked that while everybody was talking about Kobe catching up to Jordan's ring total, Duncan could have won this year and caught up to Kobe while being the alpha dog on every team.
If they want to keep Duncan playing they need to make a move or two. Nothing too major, but one acquisition that will prove to Timmy that if he continues to lace up the sneaks then they'll do everything they can to win one more championship before he retires.

Mile High Champ
04-26-2011, 11:00 AM
UUmmm the spurs will NEVER release or trade timmy. He is a spur for life. Hate to give your hopes up as a mavs fan.;)

He was joking man.. :p

NYKalltheway
04-26-2011, 11:23 AM
I see him crossing over the Atlantic before joining another NBA team ;)
And he won't retire just now unless he's a very proud person. And he seems like a very humble person. He will retire when his legs really abandon him

Lim
hell most likely retire when his contract is up which is after next season i believe. and he isnt the dominant timmy of old but he is still good and efficient.

b@llhog24
+1 Z-bo is amazing on both ends of the floor. Not as flashy as alot of the other PFs in todays game but just as effective

:no:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-26-2011, 11:37 AM
I hope you never become the president of my country. Because the moment adversity comes your way you would probably suggest a nuclear attack as the only way to move on from the situation.

:laugh:

Ni55anpat
04-26-2011, 11:49 AM
No, he shouldn't. He simply is not a # 2 option. If the Spurs can get another scorer this off season, they'll be fine.

Ni55anpat
04-26-2011, 11:49 AM
&&& the series isn't over.

Capital G
04-26-2011, 12:22 PM
no he shouldnt. he can still be a decent pf/c for us. the problem is that he cant and shouldnt be a top 2 option for the spurs. we need to get younger talent around him.

210Don
04-26-2011, 12:42 PM
i just asked a question for discussion, yall are so quik to attack. im deeply disappointing by this team i mean this is a 1 seed versus 8 this is ****in embarrassing. timmy shouldnt have to play with lazy players like bonner and jefferson, he deserves better pop and the front office failed him, yes the style we played wins reg season games but they knew it wouldn't win in the playoffs, instead they keep bonner and rj who have done nothing we coulda traded them for at least someone who would give us a point, the FO ruined our year by not making a move and keeping bonner And rj

AIRMAR72
04-26-2011, 12:45 PM
yea he should retire

mikealike305
04-26-2011, 12:48 PM
maybe not retire but maybe go to another team. try a year or 2 somewhere else then retire.

thephoenixson28
04-26-2011, 01:00 PM
Yes and can Kobe go with him. Hahaha. But I don't think so as long as he can produce, but please not against the suns

netsgiantsyanks
04-26-2011, 01:00 PM
what would you do if they come back and win the series??

marvILLous
04-26-2011, 01:03 PM
lame fan

i hope the spurs win the series just so that u can feel like an idiot

allSUAVE
04-26-2011, 01:06 PM
Wow is this guy a real Spurs Fan?

RaiderLakersA's
04-26-2011, 01:12 PM
No, Duncan doesn't need to retire next year. He still has value and can help many teams. I can't believe that any SA fan is already throwing him under the bus. Ridiculous!

daboywonder2002
04-26-2011, 01:17 PM
its time for duncan to play the david robinson role(just block shots, rebound and defend) get a new low post scorer. this is why i felt they should have went after bosh or boozer this off season

jezzyman05
04-26-2011, 01:18 PM
its time for duncan to play the david robinson role(just block shots, rebound and defend) get a new low post scorer. this is why i felt they should have went after bosh or boozer this off season

Bosh was already committed to HEAT

and Boozer only wanted to go to Chicago what chances did we have of aquiring either of them

we had chances during the season, before the trade deadline...and we did nothing.

smith&wesson
04-26-2011, 01:26 PM
he can always play for miami or new york. they need big men.

JSpurs
04-26-2011, 01:30 PM
No...But He And Spurs Management Should Except The Fact He Is Now A Bench Player And Start Looking To the Future. We Still Have Time with Manu And Tony..But The Spurs Are In Dire Need of Another Franchise, or Cornerstone Player. If One Is not Available, or Within Their Grasp...Then Only Two Options Remain, (1) "Change Directions - Change Players" , Or Stick With What You Got And Be Prepared To Compete For A Playoff Spot, But, Championships Are Out of The Question With This Group As They Stand.
"Last, But Definitely Not Least"...The RJefferson Experiment Was A Total Failure And Its Time To Be Creative / Bite The Bullet, And Move On...Or Precisely..Move Him On!!!

TO to the CHI
04-26-2011, 01:36 PM
No...But He And Spurs Management Should Except The Fact He Is Now A Bench Player And Start Looking To the Future. We Still Have Time with Manu And Tony..But The Spurs Are In Dire Need of Another Franchise, or Cornerstone Player. If One Is not Available, or Within Their Grasp...Then Only Two Options Remain, (1) "Change Directions - Change Players" , Or Stick With What You Got And Be Prepared To Compete For A Playoff Spot, But, Championships Are Out of The Question With This Group As They Stand.
"Last, But Definitely Not Least"...The RJefferson Experiment Was A Total Failure And Its Time To Be Creative / Bite The Bullet, And Move On...Or Precisely..Move Him On!!!

Awesome, 210don created a second account.

Giraffes Rule
04-26-2011, 01:51 PM
Um... no. I don't know if you've been watching the same series I have, but Duncan has been playing with the most intensity and desire of anyone out there (with the exception of Ginobili, who is severely limited). The problem is that he's matched up against Marc Gasol, one of the few real centers in this league. He can't move him like he can with most power forwards.

Duncan still has another year or two left in him. He's not going to retire until his contract is up, nor should he. Stop overreacting to every little thing.

BkOriginalOne
04-26-2011, 02:04 PM
They need to the same thing they did when the Admiral was aging. Find a post anchor to transition the franchise to. Tiago, what's up?
Imagine Blake Griff and Timmy...

Chi StateOfMind
04-26-2011, 02:05 PM
Awesome, 210don created a second account.

:laugh: :laugh:

saucy1
04-26-2011, 02:23 PM
retire to the warriors so they can finally make the playoffs

MrfadeawayJB
04-26-2011, 03:23 PM

lol that was me he was talking trash too:mad::clap:

akesh99
04-26-2011, 03:45 PM
Why would he? He still was able to play in 76 games this season and averaged 13pts, 9rbs and 2 blks. Plus the guy is practically a coach for the team as well. I say he's got another 2 years in him before he calls it quits.

iggypop123
04-26-2011, 03:48 PM
he probably will just rather do 1 more year at san antonio and have a goodbye tour. lots of contenders would be happy to have him but i dont think he wants to become another shaq

jezzyman05
04-26-2011, 04:02 PM

I have never facepalmed a spurs fan but I am going to facepalm this :facepalm: ...bro Duncan is not a bench player, you would know this if you either watch spurs basketball or follow the spurs. Tim Duncan is old (turned 35 yesterday) but he is still a top 5 PF in this league, the problem again is not Duncan the problem is the lack of interior defense, Memphis was always a scary opponent because they have Gasol and Randolph, a very solid front court and who do we have Tim Duncan.

The past 2 years the Spurs have failed Tim Duncan, by extending Jefferson, Parker and Ginobili for starter money was a mistake, and by sitting Tiago Splitter on the bench the whole season was not wise either, Im sorry but there is no excuse why the best big man in the world outside of the NBA is sitting the bench behind Bonner and Blair. I have watch Splitter in all the minutes he has played this year and this guy can ball and play defense...he single handly shut down Gasol last night and in 22 minutes of action he scored 10 points and got 9 rebounds, Come on Pop you got no other choice!

You talk about moving Jefferson but did you see the way parker played last night....absolutely horrible 23 pts 1 AST 7 turnovers...thats pathetic man, Parker is our Point Guard and for him to get only 1 ast says alot, or ginobili (I'm not even going to get started on him) and I dont know about you but Jefferson has been the second best spur this series, ya complain about Duncan all you want but please don't come on this forum and say that Tim Duncan is nothing more than a bench player I know your dissappointed, but don't talk non sense man.

MFFL==FML
04-26-2011, 04:37 PM
you aint doing **** were probably gonna rest manu the 1st round and still mop the floor with yall

no your overrating the grizz

lol @ yall always getting mad. Lol @ yall thinking the grizz can beat the spurs, and if you dont think that then theres no point in arguing who cares if we go 6 . This spurs team is so disrespected its not even funny no one would ever say that about a laker team but when its about the spurs oh there too old an 8 seed can beat them! Please were not the mavs,

i really dont see how they think they can beat us.... The reg season vs the playoffs is a whole different animal. This grizz team hasnt been to the playoffs its there first ina while, there gunna see how this team turns up teh defense and plays smart bball, i see a 5 game series they get one in memphis

i would be shocked.... And that would be worse than the mavs losing to the warriors.

a sweep. Show some ****ing respect.

i think its because, they dont think timmy can get it done anymore....... Never bet against a legend

your crazy. Timmy d has had his best defensive season in years dude has anchored it while being our only big..... The coaches im sure will put him in over kg

wow your almost as bad as those mavs fan. One thing both yall have in common? Overrated and havent done **** in playoffs....
Lmao @ harden = manu & ibaka over td hahahahahahaha:facepalm:

I guess someone has lost all past, present and future credibility... OOPPS!!

p.s. ''smfh!!!!''

Tony_Starks
04-26-2011, 04:39 PM
I think he's still got a little gas left in the tank but Memphis is really just a bad matchup him. Having to deal with Z-Bo and Gasol is no joke! Next to the Lakers, Memphis has arguably the best bigs in the West.....

210Don
04-26-2011, 04:39 PM
smh @ me shake your head at the worst 60 win team in history, they tricked me all year now i realize that and i get hate for it i get hate for supporting my team too.. what can i do?

MrfadeawayJB
04-26-2011, 06:00 PM
I have never facepalmed a spurs fan but I am going to facepalm this :facepalm: ...bro Duncan is not a bench player, you would know this if you either watch spurs basketball or follow the spurs. Tim Duncan is old (turned 35 yesterday) but he is still a top 5 PF in this league, the problem again is not Duncan the problem is the lack of interior defense, Memphis was always a scary opponent because they have Gasol and Randolph, a very solid front court and who do we have Tim Duncan.

The past 2 years the Spurs have failed Tim Duncan, by extending Jefferson, Parker and Ginobili for starter money was a mistake, and by sitting Tiago Splitter on the bench the whole season was not wise either, Im sorry but there is no excuse why the best big man in the world outside of the NBA is sitting the bench behind Bonner and Blair. I have watch Splitter in all the minutes he has played this year and this guy can ball and play defense...he single handly shut down Gasol last night and in 22 minutes of action he scored 10 points and got 9 rebounds, Come on Pop you got no other choice!

You talk about moving Jefferson but did you see the way parker played last night....absolutely horrible 23 pts 1 AST 7 turnovers...thats pathetic man, Parker is our Point Guard and for him to get only 1 ast says alot, or ginobili (I'm not even going to get started on him) and I dont know about you but Jefferson has been the second best spur this series, ya complain about Duncan all you want but please don't come on this forum and say that Tim Duncan is nothing more than a bench player I know your dissappointed, but don't talk non sense man.

sorry man but this statement deserves a :facepalm: It seems you are thinking too much in the past. Duncan is a top 5 ALLTIME PF. But not currently. He might be top 10 at best right now.

TO to the CHI
04-26-2011, 06:14 PM
smh @ me shake your head at the worst 60 win team in history, they tricked me all year now i realize that and i get hate for it i get hate for supporting my team too.. what can i do?

Honestly, grow up. You got a little taunting for being overzealous for your team, but being a homer is pretty standard as lots of people get carried away with their teams. What you did today, in this thread, is totally pathetic and makes you look spineless. You completely did a 180 on your established positions, sold you team and its best player out, and showed no character. It warranted the criticism. And the Spurs aren't even done yet by any stretch.

I am a die hard Blackhawks fan and a week ago you never would have seen this shameful sh** from me.

I hope the Spurs comeback so we can watch you all try to climb back on the bandwagon with a "Timmy D OMG" thread.

KnicksR4Real
04-26-2011, 06:15 PM
Should he?

210Don
04-26-2011, 06:16 PM
Honestly, grow up. You got a little taunting for being overzealous for your team, but being a homer is pretty standard as lots of people get carried away with their teams. What you did today, in this thread, is totally pathetic and makes you look spineless. You completely did a 180 on your established positions, sold you team and its best player out, and showed no character. It warranted the criticism. And the Spurs aren't even done yet by any stretch.

I am a die hard Blackhawks fan and a week ago you never would have seen this shameful sh** from me.

I hope the Spurs comeback so we can watch you all try to climb back on the bandwagon with a "Timmy D OMG" thread.

stfu its just for discussion,

TO to the CHI
04-26-2011, 06:24 PM
stfu its just for discussion,

LOL. The evidence is laid out clearly in this thread. You are a bandwagon fan who sold out your team at the first sign of adversity. There is no discussion to be had here. Timmy D does not need to retire. If he chooses to then good for him. But there is no logical or reasonable argument that he SHOULD. Your thread was designed for you to take a crap on your own team.

Swashcuff
04-26-2011, 06:28 PM
LOL. The evidence is laid out clearly in this thread. You are a bandwagon fan who sold out your team at the first sign of adversity. There is no discussion to be had here. Timmy D does not need to retire. If he chooses to then good for him. But there is no logical or reasonable argument that he SHOULD. Your thread was designed for you to take a crap on your own team.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Frantico
04-26-2011, 06:32 PM
He needs to join the Celtics next year... One more ring and that's it. For all of them.

TO to the CHI
04-26-2011, 06:37 PM
He needs to join the Celtics next year... One more ring and that's it. For all of them.

I don't like the Celtics (at all) and can't see that happening under any circumstances, but that team would be ridiculous. Age could be a factor, but the talent and cohesiveness plus the defensive responsibility would be incredible.

210Don
04-26-2011, 07:10 PM
End Of An Era.......

Iron24th
04-26-2011, 07:24 PM

Wow amazing...

FaM0us Skins
04-26-2011, 07:39 PM
I don't think TD should retire we just need to sign another big because Blair isn't going to cut it when we play teams with better matchups like the Grizzlies. But Duncan still isn't the player he was a few seasons ago since he is getting older.

MikefromMars
04-26-2011, 07:56 PM
End Of An Era.......

SERIOUSLY? GTFO.

Tim Duncan is the SPURS. He can play as long as he wants.

Do you really think Timmy is the type of player who won't take a backseat and help groom our young players?

Do you think it's time we move on from Pop too?

You obviously dont respect what Tim Duncan has done for The Spurs and the city of San Antonio.

evadatam5150
04-26-2011, 08:11 PM

Seriously.. Spurs aren't even out of the playoffs yet.. Whatcha gonna say if they actually pull this off...??

evadatam5150
04-26-2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrfadeawayJB
it's all cool, we are resting our starters so when the real season begins we can punch the spurs in the mouth

Originall posted by 210Don
you aint doing **** were probably gonna rest manu the 1st round and still mop the floor with yall

Wow.. Until you read what was prior you really have no idea what someone is all about.. How can someone be this arrogant about their team before the playoff's and a week later kick that same team to the curb with reckless abandon...?? In all honestly this should be the end of your era as a fan.. Hang em up skippy, you're an embarrassment to Homers everywhere..

By the by, how you feeling about resting Manu now...??

E.O.21
04-26-2011, 08:30 PM
Way to sell out your own team man

FaM0us Skins
04-26-2011, 08:50 PM
why is 210Don giving up on the team already? We still can win this series.

jezzyman05
04-26-2011, 09:11 PM
sorry man but this statement deserves a :facepalm: It seems you are thinking too much in the past. Duncan is a top 5 ALLTIME PF. But not currently. He might be top 10 at best right now.

STOP TALKING!!!!! name me 5 better ALL-AROUND PF that are better than Timmy

Lim
04-26-2011, 09:18 PM
honestly, pop is a great coach but he was stupid this year. even though timmy is old you should still run the offense through him. you cant rely on 3 point shooting in the playoffs, esp since Bonner is a known choker. like someone else said, they should have started Splitter at the 5 and timmy at the 4. size wins championships, not 3 point shooting unless ur the 1994 houston rockets.

phantasyyy
04-26-2011, 09:59 PM

LMAO thats my nba 2k11 team all over ->>>Duncan and Garnett front court LOL

drobe86
04-26-2011, 10:22 PM
210Don don't let these guys get to you. Your team has failed miserably vs. the upstart Grizzlies. The worst part is they don't even have their best player.... Keep ya head up tho bro.... Welcome to the my reality for the last 4 years....

210Don
04-26-2011, 10:34 PM
210Don don't let these guys get to you. Your team has failed miserably vs. the upstart Grizzlies. The worst part is they don't even have their best player.... Keep ya head up tho bro.... Welcome to the my reality for the last 4 years....

i feel your pain..... 1 vs 8 just doesn't get more pathetic.

where now in the same club least we have 4 chips
:cheers:

MrfadeawayJB
04-26-2011, 11:00 PM
STOP TALKING!!!!! name me 5 better ALL-AROUND PF that are better than Timmy

I would currently take

1) Pau Gasol
2) Dirk Nowitzki
3) Amare
4) KG
5) Al Jefferson
6) Z-Bo
7) Lamarcus Aldridge

over TD... Tim may be a better all around player than some of these but being "good" at a lot of things isn't always better than being "great" at a few things

LakersA's49ers
04-26-2011, 11:19 PM
not very confident in your team man