PDA

View Full Version : An so it continues

WeBallin
04-25-2011, 11:16 AM
LeBron: Cleveland wasn't my city or team

AM ET 04.23 | If you tell LeBron James that Cleveland was his city or the Cavaliers were his team, prepare for a quick correction. The Akron native didn't wait for the end of a question Friday when a reporter referenced Cleveland as "your city." James' message was that he can't disown something that was never his. "It wasn't my city. It wasn't my team either," he said. "I was just a player, you know, I helped get that franchise to leaps and bounds that they haven't seen before."

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors

WeBallin
04-25-2011, 11:19 AM
Can LBJ jus STFU! Already, you done played a whole season with another team an u still feel its approiate to talk ISH........Every time this dude talks about the situatuion of "The Decesion" makes me want to vomit!

mikealike305
04-25-2011, 11:23 AM
?? whats the problem?

aces01
04-25-2011, 11:24 AM
What would you want him to say? "That was MY team, that was MY city. I was more than just a player there.." That sounds like the worse response of the two.

Sly Guy
04-25-2011, 11:26 AM
meh, LeBron's story will mirror Vince's leaving Toronto. It'll change often. Get used to it.

ManRam
04-25-2011, 11:28 AM
Seriously? What's the deal here?

People act like he owed something to that team that was so bad, when no one expects any player to ever owe their first team the same. He owed them nothing more than anyone else ever owes their first team. I'd get annoyed if people kept bringing that up. It isn't his team. It isn't his city. So who cares? He's always maintained that.

Another typical non-story that people will use to hate on LeBron for no reason...per the usual. The fact that this gets its own thread shows a lot. There are probably 40 more controversial sound clips I could find daily than this, but we don't care because we all love to hate LeBron.

The dude could sneeze in a room full of children and it would make national news...and we'd rip his head apart.

Hoopsadvocate
04-25-2011, 11:32 AM
seriously whats the problem? Did u want him to say "ya i owned cleveland and it was my team my city my franchise" so he sounds like a jerk?

People will find any excuse to hate.

justinnum1
04-25-2011, 11:34 AM
:violin:

SteBO
04-25-2011, 11:34 AM
I'd appreciate it someone told what the problem is here.

mikealike305
04-25-2011, 11:35 AM
Can LBJ jus STFU! Already, you done played a whole season with another team an u still feel its approiate to talk ISH........Every time this dude talks about the situatuion of "The Decesion" makes me want to vomit!

dude, how about YOU stfu? i mean really?? why do u still hate this man? how can u have such a hate for a person who has 0 idea who u even are? and the only reason it continues is cuz ppl like u take small things like this and try to blow them up.

LakersIn5
04-25-2011, 11:43 AM
i agree with lebron

Sly Guy
04-25-2011, 11:43 AM
I will never blame the Cleveland fans for hating on LeBron for the duration of his career, but man, sometimes all this hate is just exhausting.

marlinsfan24
04-25-2011, 11:48 AM
What's the problem with the statement here?

Swashcuff
04-25-2011, 11:51 AM

Exactly

jockrider
04-25-2011, 11:54 AM
well a lebron hate thread just backfired

The Jokemaker
04-25-2011, 11:56 AM
He really needs to learn the phrase "No Comment"

Baller1
04-25-2011, 11:56 AM
Lebron isn't allowed to talk. Like... Legitimately. Get of his *** people, oh my.

SteBO
04-25-2011, 11:58 AM
Why? He doesn't have to if he doesn't want to.

Swashcuff
04-25-2011, 11:59 AM

He has said this A LOT in his past. If everyone else is going to speak their mind why shouldn't LeBron? Because of the hate he's going to endure. He doesn't care about the people who hate him just because of the fact that he left Cleveland in the manner he did. They hate openly at least let the man stand up for himself. He's right.

Da Knicks
04-25-2011, 12:00 PM
What is the problem with this? I see nothing in this...

allSUAVE
04-25-2011, 12:05 PM
The hate is going to pile on this guy for years and maybe his life now.

sportscrazy34
04-25-2011, 12:19 PM
I read the article and i respect his answer. he gave props to the guys who where there before him . I hate lebron as much as any one. But he's saying in my opinion they will be fine with out him life goes on get over it. The team didn't fold and drop out of the league when he left he was just a player.

theheatles
04-25-2011, 12:27 PM
damned if you do, damned if you don't

Ollie Tabooger
04-25-2011, 12:29 PM
I hate Lebron. However, there is nothing wrong with what he said whatsoever. It's really funny how much people go out of their way to display such a hatrid toward a man who honestly did nothing wrong. I never thought I'd see the day where I'd be standing up for Lebron.

I'm gonna go vomit now...

MrfadeawayJB
04-25-2011, 12:29 PM
I read the article and i respect his answer. he gave props to the guys who where there before him . I hate lebron as much as any one. But he's saying in my opinion they will be fine with out him life goes on get over it. The team didn't fold and drop out of the league when he left he was just a player.

they didnt lol jk...they beat my team this year :facepalm:

J-Relo
04-25-2011, 12:30 PM

haha, then go for it :clap:

Cubs Win
04-25-2011, 12:34 PM
LeBron's done many douchey, hate-worthy things over his career. This just isn't one of them.

Geargo Wallace
04-25-2011, 12:35 PM
OMG LeBron killed the Easter Bunny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smith&wesson
04-25-2011, 12:36 PM
well if your from 8 mile, you cant exactly claim that your from detroit either.

Ron Swanson
04-25-2011, 12:41 PM
Two things about this being from Ohio; a lot of people don’t understand the Akron-Cleveland relationship. It’s like the New York New Jersey relationship. Even thought they are right next door, if you were born in Jersey, you’re not a real New Yorker. Cleveland kids look down on Akron kids, so I wasn’t really surprised when Lebron bolted.
Furthermore it is a job. A job; a source of income. If you were freezing your *** off working for IBM in Cleveland and Apple offers you a job in Miami to work with some of your best friends you wouldn’t take it?
We take this stuff too seriously sometimes guys.

Geargo Wallace
04-25-2011, 12:42 PM
It's like Tristan Thompson saying that he's from Toronto when he's really from Brampton. There's a HUGE difference. Trust meeeeee

FadeAwayLikeMJ
04-25-2011, 12:53 PM
looks like it was a slow news day for that website.

mttwlsn16
04-25-2011, 12:59 PM
?? whats the problem?

seriously whats the problem? Did u want him to say "ya i owned cleveland and it was my team my city my franchise" so he sounds like a jerk?

People will find any excuse to hate.

:violin:

I'd appreciate it someone told what the problem is here.

bc he should just ignore the question. he opens his mouth and comes of with dumb answers. sure he didnt own the city or team, but he ddoesnt need to add "i took them leaps and bounds further than ever before"

well a lebron hate thread just backfired

first time for evertyhing

Avenged
04-25-2011, 01:04 PM
The hate on Lebron is just as funny as the people who quickly come to his aid.

Just saying :)

jockrider
04-25-2011, 01:05 PM
It's like Tristan Thompson saying that he's from Toronto when he's really from Brampton. There's a HUGE difference. Trust meeeeee

no it isn't you B-town goon!! still apart of the GTA stop acting like your independent!!

nah im just playin/

D1JM
04-25-2011, 01:06 PM

:laugh2: they are on a mission to protect LB image

SOMATS
04-25-2011, 01:11 PM
I actually give Lebron a little credit here, he payed tribute to those who came before him. Although he's had the most impact on the team in it's 40-year history, he knows that the great Cavs from the past deserve some recognition.

Swashcuff
04-25-2011, 01:11 PM

Don't you often come to his aid? :shrug:

Avenged
04-25-2011, 01:17 PM
Don't you often come to his aid? :shrug:

Lebron? Lol not really.

There's no problem with it, really. Just funny how we can't discuss anything because it's instantly labeled "hate". There are a ton of responses with "what's the problem", just really doesn't bring anything to a discussion.. And I'm not helping that cause either so.. :p

Geargo Wallace
04-25-2011, 02:07 PM
no it isn't you B-town goon!! still apart of the GTA stop acting like your independent!!

nah im just playin/

lol I never say that I'm from Toronto. I'm not some downtown boy. Brampton is differenttttt meng

WeBallin
04-25-2011, 02:34 PM
Lebron? Lol not really.

There's no problem with it, really. Just funny how we can't discuss anything because it's instantly labeled "hate". There are a ton of responses with "what's the problem", just really doesn't bring anything to a discussion.. And I'm not helping that cause either so.. :p

Thats My thing, i'm the person who posted this, an i jus thought how old this topic should be, an thats what makes my stomach hurt...I'm not hatin on LBJ cause it really didn't make a difference to me what he did, my biggest thing is he is in the playoffs with his Miami Heat Players, an i felt like he jus could have answered as, " He is apart of the Heat squad an i will only be addressing questions about my current team an teammates...i'm jus sayin, He is fallen victim to baitin questions by the media an the Back lash will continue to haunt him until he takes another approach.....

mikealike305
04-25-2011, 02:44 PM
Lebron? Lol not really.

when a thread starts with.....
"Can LBJ jus STFU! Already, you done played a whole season with another team an u still feel its approiate to talk ISH........Every time this dude talks about the situatuion of "The Decesion" makes me want to vomit!"
its kinda hard NOT to assume theres hate.
and what can we say to bring something into the discussion? if i dont understand what the problem is, how can i add anything? so of course im going to ask whats the problem. i asked that in hopes he would explain so we can go on from there.

tredigs
04-25-2011, 03:13 PM
Doesn't have to add the pompous "but I took them to leaps and bounds that they haven't seen before", but I didn't hear the interview live, so there might have been some conext there. Probably not - because Lebron's just cocky/confident like that, but he's absolutely right in everything he said. So whatever. Non-issue.