PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Kobe leaves arena on crutches

shep33
04-25-2011, 03:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heth-7KZzQ8

http://lakers.ocregister.com/2011/04/24/despite-crutches-kobe-intends-to-play-game-5/53299/

To sum it up, he went from the locker room to the team bus on crutches. Wasn't able to make it to the podium for the post game question session.

That being said, Kobe made it clear that he'll play in game 5

Lakerhead4ever
04-25-2011, 03:41 AM
I'm sure he will play.

Kobe is a warrior, enough said.

Bruno
04-25-2011, 03:51 AM
...not good.

Sportfan
04-25-2011, 03:54 AM
They'll be able to get past NOH, with or without Kobe, but it does some problems after this round if he's not at least 90% healthy

Tha Truth
04-25-2011, 03:55 AM
...and we now have a series!

missionh1llpart
04-25-2011, 03:57 AM
hahaha that guy reporting

asandhu23
04-25-2011, 03:59 AM
The End of Kobe era is nigh!

Mudvayne91
04-25-2011, 04:00 AM
They'll be able to get past NOH, with or without Kobe, but it does some problems after this round if he's not at least 90% healthy

I'm not so sure about that.

shep33
04-25-2011, 04:03 AM
hahaha that guy reporting

Yeah I'm not a fan of his reporting at all, but he was pretty quick in getting it out there. JA Adande just reported it on ESPN too.

TheHoopsProphet
04-25-2011, 04:31 AM
there is no god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheHoopsProphet
04-25-2011, 04:38 AM
First I find out I ran out of milk after pouring cereal, and now I come to this??

THERE

IS

NO

GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colby will play and win the sixth ring or the universe is just an illusion fabricated by the delusions of its own grandeur that we call free will, and we are all merely mathematical equations personified into walking piles of waste splaying into the havoc of human intuition strung out into the vortex of our minds like bad U2 songs!!!!!

AIRMAR72
04-25-2011, 05:41 AM
i feel bad for kobe cause know he wants to play you guys read my post and I say STUFF like kobe is almost finish but the last thing i would want for kobe are any player is getting hurt and missing the playoffs if there swelling he shouldnt play they(lakers) be ok without him

Jewelz0376
04-25-2011, 05:45 AM
Kobe will play no doubt in my mind..but he obviously won't be 100% so Pau is going to have to step up :sigh:

rufo4100
04-25-2011, 09:22 AM
guy is a warrior...he plays in game 5

AntiG
04-25-2011, 09:29 AM
its just a precaution. he sprained his ankle, so its extra painful once you stop moving, and you don't want to keep putting weight on it after that.

AntiG
04-25-2011, 09:30 AM

they're not being NO without Kobe.

Hustlenomics
04-25-2011, 09:38 AM
after that limping he seemed to be running fine when calling for the ball, He'll be ok

Double_R
04-25-2011, 09:45 AM
This is just like Paul Pierce in a wheel chair, we will see "Colby" in game 5.

Law25
04-25-2011, 10:00 AM
This is just like Paul Pierce in a wheel chair, we will see "Colby" in game 5.

I understand what your trying to say, but.................

Never compare this to that. Kobe didnt get hauled off the floor like someone went at his knees with an two by four!!!! He refused to get off the court!!!! Kobe's an warrior, so comparing his pain tolerance and bad a$$ness to Pierce is an disgrace to the legacy he's trying to leave.

Piercefan34
04-25-2011, 10:08 AM

Never compare this to that. Kobe didnt get hauled off the floor like someone went at his knees with an two by four!!!! He refused to get off the court!!!! Kobe's an warrior, so comparing his pain tolerance and bad a$$ness to Pierce is an disgrace to the legacy he's trying to leave.

that wasn't arrogant at all...kobe is a warrior but believe it or not kobe isn't god

millerandco
04-25-2011, 10:17 AM
he'll play

The Jokemaker
04-25-2011, 10:20 AM
that wasn't arrogant at all...kobe is a warrior but believe it or not kobe isn't god

Blasphemy!

But in seriousness, shouldn't be that big of a deal. Kobe will be ready to go game time and if anything this should help the Lakers get their act together and finish this thing in 2 more games.

However one can not help but imagine a world where the #1 and #2 seed in the west lost in the first round...

Melo15
04-25-2011, 10:25 AM
He'll be on the court for Game 5, this series just became a lot more interesting though.

justinnum1
04-25-2011, 10:30 AM
depending how hurt he is, i can see this series going 7

Double_R
04-25-2011, 10:33 AM

Hah, I forgot about the hate of Paul Pierce from Lakers fans after that. I agree this is different, but you still get the point. They both played/will play.

kylem4711
04-25-2011, 10:50 AM
he only did that so he can look like a hero when he comes back and plays well. thats kobe....

king4day
04-25-2011, 10:54 AM

New Orleans has shown they can win this series while Kobe plays. I don't think LA can win this without him.

That said, Kobe finished the game. Crutches are just to keep the pressure off. Nothing to be concerned with IMO.

nolafan33
04-25-2011, 11:11 AM
He's fine, he's doing what I call...the Paul Pierce.

dnewguy
04-25-2011, 11:11 AM
The bad news isn't that Kobe is injured, the bad news is that he will play injured. If you can't sit him down, he might just cost Lakers the game. #useyourbrain

The Dude Abides
04-25-2011, 11:25 AM
just cutting down the swelling, thats why he was on cruches.

Mcdoh
04-25-2011, 11:28 AM
he'll play coz the series is tied..

Steelers23_06
04-25-2011, 11:37 AM
imagine if the lakers spurs and mavs all lost...that would be CRAZYYY. and in that case OKC is the obvious favorite. but that prob wont happen lol.

flclfanman
04-25-2011, 11:50 AM
I'd be pissed to be a Laker fan and find out Kobe just pulled a Paul Pierce for some attention/sympathy :mad:

allSUAVE
04-25-2011, 12:09 PM
All dramatic he want to be known as the g.o.a.t

wmudford
04-25-2011, 12:12 PM
They lost so he wants to make it look like he was hurt. You never see him doing this crap after a W

Hellcrooner
04-25-2011, 12:15 PM
he is not faking it THIS TIME.

Hellcrooner
04-25-2011, 12:16 PM
they're not being NO without Kobe.

we would have won yesterday if nto for kobe "heroics" in the second half.
The dude cant accept not leading the team in scoring.

he goes 0-7 in first half? no prob he will chuck his way up in the second.

The bad news it that usually cost us the game.

magic0320
04-25-2011, 12:28 PM
we would have won yesterday if nto for kobe "heroics" in the second half.
The dude cant accept not leading the team in scoring.

he goes 0-7 in first half? no prob he will chuck his way up in the second.

The bad news it that usually cost us the game.

:facepalm: GTFO

Kobe knows what is best for his team. quit acting like you know it all :facepalm:

Randomsportsfan
04-25-2011, 12:37 PM
I bet kobe is going to come out hot. he is going to drop 50 like its nothing. I mean its kobe. i am not a fan of the lakers but kobe is a beast. he has tiger blood.

D-Will4Prez
04-25-2011, 12:39 PM
Wow, I don't believe it. I actually agree with Hellcrooner on this one.

Geargo Wallace
04-25-2011, 12:39 PM
First I find out I ran out of milk after pouring cereal, and now I come to this??

THERE

IS

NO

GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colby will play and win the sixth ring or the universe is just an illusion fabricated by the delusions of its own grandeur that we call free will, and we are all merely mathematical equations personified into walking piles of waste splaying into the havoc of human intuition strung out into the vortex of our minds like bad U2 songs!!!!!

this. /thread

Geargo Wallace
04-25-2011, 12:40 PM
:facepalm: GTFO

Kobe knows what is best for his team. quit acting like you know it all :facepalm:

so Kobe is God? c'mon don't be ridiculous.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
04-25-2011, 12:50 PM
Why didnt he borrow Paul Pierce's wheelchair?

RaidersLakers24
04-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Lol at all the haters saying he's fakIng it... He isn't pierce Lebron or wade people he actually plays hes the last of his kind sorry bron fans but it's true... And well why would he use crutches if he didn't need to he isn't a me me me player like Lebron who does it on an off the court(oh but Kobe is a ballhog) which isn't true anymore ! Lebron is a fake Kobe is not... Gtfo with your oh he's faking it crap so it makes him look better smh!

69centers
04-25-2011, 01:45 PM
I rolled my foot a few months back, running and nearly the exact same fashion as he did. I was not on crutches the first week but should have been, because I was limping badly. It was odd though, that as bad as it hurt to walk, I was actually better when running. I think he'll be fine when moving around during the game, but coming out for long periods of time could be trouble. It will probably be a case where the more he stays on the floor the better.

shep33
04-25-2011, 01:48 PM
I rolled my foot a few months back, running and nearly the exact same fashion as he did. I was not on crutches the first week but should have been, because I was limping badly. It was odd though, that as bad as it hurt to walk, I was actually better when running. I think he'll be fine when moving around during the game, but coming out for long periods of time could be trouble. It will probably be a case where the more he stays on the floor the better.

Gotta remember that its the same ankle he severely sprained against the Mavs a month ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im9voO0-HNI

Raph12
04-25-2011, 01:51 PM
CP3 will keep on proving why he really is the best PG in the league... Eliminating LA in the first round would definitely get that done.

RaidersLakers24
04-25-2011, 01:56 PM
^^ wont happen

RaiderLakersA's
04-25-2011, 01:59 PM
Not worried. This team has proven that they can win without Kobe in the short term. They just have to stop playing like they're bored with success.

Klivlend
04-25-2011, 02:05 PM
Lol at all the haters saying he's fakIng it... He isn't pierce Lebron or wade people he actually plays hes the last of his kind sorry bron fans but it's true... And well why would he use crutches if he didn't need to he isn't a me me me player like Lebron who does it on an off the court(oh but Kobe is a ballhog) which isn't true anymore ! Lebron is a fake Kobe is not... Gtfo with your oh he's faking it crap so it makes him look better smh!

omfg...stfu

JordansBulls
04-25-2011, 02:08 PM
CP3 will keep on proving why he really is the best PG in the league... Eliminating LA in the first round would definitely get that done.

If he eliminates LA in round 1 without his 2nd best player I'd call him the best player in the league forget just best PG.

SP17
04-25-2011, 02:13 PM
Goodluck trying....

Faking? lol...if he wants to show the world he is on crutches why not go to the interview after the game and show it...oh damm

avrpatsfan
04-25-2011, 02:20 PM
Why would anybody want to fake an injury anyways, especially in the playoffs. Kobe isn't faking , and neither did Pierce in 2008. What benefit would faking serve for any of those players? None.

Hellcrooner
04-25-2011, 02:27 PM
Why would anybody want to fake an injury anyways, especially in the playoffs. Kobe isn't faking , and neither did Pierce in 2008. What benefit would faking serve for any of those players? None.

Legacy ****.

is kind of a WWF ( sorry wwE? i stopped watching in Ultimate warriors time)
gimmik.

BUT i dont think this time kobe is faking it, but he has done so in the past.
Its like the Shooting FT after the game show in Miami, jsut for fans to say oh how good a work ethic kobe has wo wo woo

you know?

D1JM
04-25-2011, 02:31 PM
Legacy ****.

gimmik.

Its like the Shooting FT after the game show in Miami, jsut for fans to say oh how good a work ethic kobe has wo wo woo

you know?

or like gasol trying to act tough but then getting ***** slap by the white panther (aaron gray)

RaidersLakers24
04-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Legacy ****.

gimmik.

you know?

Dude if your gonna keep bashing kobe keep it in the lakers forum besides everyone already knows your on gasols nuts... I just think it's stupid for u to always be blaming Kobe for everything when without him gasol would still be a nobody... People wouldn't even recognize that he's soft lol

Hellcrooner
04-25-2011, 02:42 PM
or like gasol trying to act tough but then getting ***** slap by the white panther (aaron gray)

refs are alowing nuggs palyer to do waht they please with lakers bigs in defense , that way anyone can cover them.

Hellcrooner
04-25-2011, 02:42 PM
Dude if your gonna keep bashing kobe keep it in the lakers forum besides everyone already knows your on gasols nuts... I just think it's stupid for u to always be blaming Kobe for everything when without him gasol would still be a nobody... People wouldn't even recognize that he's soft lol

im actually defending kobe in this particular case ebcause this time he is nOT faking it.

Klivlend
04-25-2011, 02:51 PM
Where are the 8 other players? Crazy pic

Bruno
04-25-2011, 04:11 PM
he is not faking it THIS TIME.

When did he fake it before??

Bruno
04-25-2011, 04:13 PM
If he eliminates LA in round 1 without his 2nd best player I'd call him the best player in the league forget just best PG.

As would I. He's been the best player in the playoffs thus far. He has a PER of 35.0 through four games and his WS/48 is nearly at 0.350! I don't think most people really realize how brilliant he's been. He's putting up a series for the ages.

Mishmin
04-25-2011, 04:27 PM
Please get knocked out LA. Please.

kobebabe
04-25-2011, 04:38 PM
kobe will play. any other player i would not be so sure

believeinNYK
04-25-2011, 04:45 PM
I am actually rooting for the lakers and Phil Jackson to 3peat once again- it'd be a great storyline for Phil to end his career but theyre off to a bad start I'll still be rooting for them and kobe

championships
04-25-2011, 04:58 PM
He will play but the bigs have to step up and earn their money big time. Bynum needs to play like he did in the start of the series. Pau needs to step up his game and show everyone that he is the 2nd best player on this team.

Bruno
04-25-2011, 05:09 PM
I am actually rooting for the lakers and Phil Jackson to 3peat once again- it'd be a great storyline for Phil to end his career but theyre off to a bad start I'll still be rooting for them and kobe

Rockin' mustache in the avatar bro. :cheers:

MalZee24
04-25-2011, 06:37 PM
He's fine and he'll play. The crutches are just a precaution in this case since it's a badly sprained ankle. Nobody needs to flip out just because they saw the word "crutches"

jiggin
04-25-2011, 08:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heth-7KZzQ8

http://lakers.ocregister.com/2011/04/24/despite-crutches-kobe-intends-to-play-game-5/53299/

To sum it up, he went from the locker room to the team bus on crutches. Wasn't able to make it to the podium for the post game question session.

That being said, Kobe made it clear that he'll play in game 5

I can't believe I watched that YouTube video all the way through. What is wrong with me?

Uhhgg....time I will never get back in my life.

PS - Do people in this world really have that much extra time on their hands? Seriously? You know how many awesome things I could get done if I had the time to make a youtube video about kobe bryant's injury as I "play" reporter...

Adzman
04-25-2011, 08:43 PM
Kobe is irreplaceable, and he knows it. Hurt or not, Kobe plays game 5. Even at 60% he will still take care of Marco Belinelli. Belinelli has not hurt the lakers this series, his best game was a 10 point performance in game 1.

Nikeman
04-25-2011, 09:01 PM
Unlike Paul Pierce, if this dude is on crutches, its probably serious.

That being said, no way in hell he misses any practice or game time!

So much respect for this guys toughness.

nolafan33
04-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Kobe is irreplaceable, and he knows it. Hurt or not, Kobe plays game 5. Even at 60% he will still take care of Marco Belinelli. Belinelli has not hurt the lakers this series, his best game was a 10 point performance in game 1.

Kobe has nothing to do with Marco's performance...:facepalm:

OREcoast49er
04-25-2011, 09:29 PM
there is no god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the contrary. I actually believe that this proves there is a God. In fact, I may start going to church now.;)

C-Style
04-25-2011, 10:31 PM
i doubt he faked it!

Sactown
04-25-2011, 11:11 PM
Classic Kobe Bryant.. stealing the media from the Hornets win.. he does this daily...

Jewelz0376
04-25-2011, 11:23 PM
Classic Kobe Bryant.. stealing the media from the Hornets win.. he does this daily...

yea classic Kobe spraining his ankle so he can steal attention for the hornets :rolleyes:

Jenceman
04-25-2011, 11:26 PM
How could he fake it when it clearly showed his ankle rolling over pretty badly on national television? Stupid assumption.

SP17
04-25-2011, 11:32 PM

Still bitter...:D

Purple&Gold24
04-25-2011, 11:37 PM

awww poor thing.

RaidersLakers24
04-25-2011, 11:54 PM

Ahh kings fans still living in the past

It's funny how only fans from teams Kobe has stopped from winning a title hate on him it's either that or your a Lebron James fan

Klivlend
04-26-2011, 06:00 PM
Ahh kings fans still living in the past

It's funny how only fans from teams Kobe has stopped from winning a title hate on him it's either that or your a Lebron James fan

I really don' t think that's it. Kobe haters are a very diverse group. I mean, not too many people love a cocky, arrogant, SOB with rape allegations that calls out his teammates and holds dumb grudges.

Tony_Starks
04-26-2011, 06:03 PM
I really don' t think that's it. Kobe haters are a very diverse group. I mean, not too many people love a cocky, arrogant, SOB with rape allegations that calls out his teammates and holds dumb grudges.

Yeah thats why he gets MVP chants in multiple arenas and has the 2nd highest jersey sales in the league.......

Try again.

OREcoast49er
04-26-2011, 08:59 PM
Yeah thats why he gets MVP chants in multiple arenas and has the 2nd highest jersey sales in the league.......

Try again.

BS!!! Ive never in my life met anyone that likes Kobe, other then Laker fans. Theres just a shti ton of Laker fans and bandwagon jumpers to buy his jerseys. You think fans of other teams like Sac, Portland, OKC buy ****ing Kobe jerseys???? Cmon man.....

Hellcrooner
04-26-2011, 09:13 PM
BS!!! Ive never in my life met anyone that likes Kobe, other then Laker fans. Theres just a shti ton of Laker fans and bandwagon jumpers to buy his jerseys. You think fans of other teams like Sac, Portland, OKC buy ****ing Kobe jerseys???? Cmon man.....

You mean KObe fans dont you?

If you have been rooting for lakers for 26 years you really have to take your cautions and have your reserves on kobe.
You wont see me wearing a Kobe jersey.

_KB24_
04-26-2011, 09:19 PM
You mean KObe fans dont you?

If you have been rooting for lakers for 26 years you really have to take your cautions and have your reserves on kobe.
You wont see me wearing a Kobe jersey.

How so?

CityofTreez
04-26-2011, 09:20 PM
Walk it off you BUM!

blahblahyoutoo
04-26-2011, 09:21 PM
yea classic Kobe spraining his ankle so he can steal attention for the hornets :rolleyes:

if he's faking it, then he didn't sprain anything.
:p

lakeshow3peat
04-26-2011, 09:31 PM
Kobe is playing he is a tough SOB and he will be smart if it does bother him throughout the game if kobe comes out its LAMAR ODOM Time

Hellcrooner
04-26-2011, 09:34 PM
How so?

Shaq feud.
Rape thing.
Disrupting chemistry in various ocasions.

ASKING TO BE TRADED.
Forcing to play games with the finger injury wich has indeed costed him to step down earlier thatn it would.

etc etc.

you cant be completely sold on him if you are not flashed by him becaus eyou were young and impressionable when he appeared.

_KB24_
04-26-2011, 09:41 PM
Shaq feud.
Rape thing.
Disrupting chemistry in various ocasions.

ASKING TO BE TRADED.
Forcing to play games with the finger injury wich has indeed costed him to step down earlier thatn it would.

etc etc.

you cant be completely sold on him if you are not flashed by him becaus eyou were young and impressionable when he appeared.

Crooner, come on. I'm not going to get even into the 1st 3 because they are just childish and non-factual. And the trade demand should be YOUR FAVORITE KOBE moment because it led to management waking up and acquiring Gasol. Playing through the finger injury still? You do realize we are currently going for a 3-Peat...you think it would have been better if he would have sat? :rolleyes:

I've watched the Lakers since 88 and have not seen another man play the way he has with such skill in a purple and gold jersey. It wouldn't kill you to show a little appreciation to the guy, ya know...

Hellcrooner
04-26-2011, 09:51 PM
Crooner, come on. I'm not going to get even into the 1st 3 because they are just childish and non-factual. And the trade demand should be YOUR FAVORITE KOBE moment because it led to management waking up and acquiring Gasol. Playing through the finger injury still? You do realize we are currently going for a 3-Peat...you think it would have been better if he would have sat? :rolleyes:

I've watched the Lakers since 88 and have not seen another man play the way he has with such skill in a purple and gold jersey. It wouldn't kill you to show a little appreciation to the guy, ya know...

he can get respect but enver apretiation for me.

phantasyyy
04-26-2011, 09:57 PM
Kobe's just a straight beast!

KnicksR4Real
04-26-2011, 09:59 PM
kobe knows how to style doesn't he? hell be ine