PDA

View Full Version : Denverpost: "OKC is a Fraud"

Baller1
04-24-2011, 11:18 PM
If you want to move this to the OKC forum mods, that's fine. But, I'd like to keep it in here to see how other people feel about this claim, so I'd appreciate it if you kept it in here.

Denver, however, has done the rest of the NBA one small service in this best-of-seven series.

As a championship contender, Oklahoma City is a fraud. The Thunder is a collection of soft jump-shooters and irritable hotheads. This young team has undeniable basketball ability but a lot of growing up to do.

Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, the Thunder's best players, received technical fouls by whining at the refs for perceived injustices.

The jump shot of Durant, who doesn't like to get dirty, has betrayed him for most of this series. He is soft and adds little besides scoring. Wasn't that the rap on Anthony in Denver?

That's not a chip on the shoulder of Westbrook, but a whole bag of Hershey morsels. Here's betting he will implode when push comes to shove in later postseason rounds as the tension builds.

These flaws won't cost the Thunder against the Nuggets. No team in NBA history has ever come back from a 3-0 deficit in a playoff series.

But Oklahoma City cannot beat San Antonio or Memphis this way, much less the defending champion Los Angeles Lakers.

"I think our offense gets more good looks than they do," Karl said before tipoff of a must-win game against the Thunder. "Their guys just make more tough shots than we do."

Translation: Karl is arrogant enough to believe he operates a better scheme than his counterpart on the Thunder bench. Oklahoma City coach Scott Brooks is simply blessed with better players.

That's classic Karl, isn't it?

Of course, it's tough to argue with Karl's logic. The only true NBA superstar in this series is Durant. He's a solid 10. In terms of pure talent, the Denver roster is a collection of sevens.

Link (http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_17917982)

I'm just curious as to what everyone else thinks about these comments.

NYtilIdie
04-24-2011, 11:20 PM
Oh Denver, U Mad?

Sadds The Gr8
04-24-2011, 11:21 PM
ownage

Chi StateOfMind
04-24-2011, 11:28 PM
:laugh: WOW!!!

Why U MAD??? :shrug:

NVM I know 0-3

iggypop123
04-24-2011, 11:30 PM
okc doesnt have an inside offensive presence. their points come from westbrook layups or the countless ft's durant gets. defensively they are there, but offense, they basically rely on the whistle.

mjokc
04-24-2011, 11:33 PM
We dont have that big of an offensive presence outside of Ibaka but we have IMO the best defensive frontcourt in the league. Teams will not have an easy time scoring on us in the paint. So it will be perimeter O vs perimeter O.

DamnGoat
04-24-2011, 11:34 PM
I would agree that they're probably not a legit title contender yet, but this article just seems like sour grapes. Get over it Denver, you're gonna lose the series, don't be classless jerks about it.

jimbobjarree
04-24-2011, 11:41 PM
haha sour grapes, now I know where all these Denver fans on here get their attitudes from.

I kinda agree with Karl though, as a Jazz fan when we played the Thunder it always seemed like we out executed them, but they were masters of hitting tough shots.

jiggin
04-24-2011, 11:43 PM
if OKC is a "Fraud", then what does that make a team down 0-3 to them?

Chronz
04-24-2011, 11:44 PM
He speaks the truth tho. They have a serios problem scoring when its wb/durant and 3 non scorers

Baller1
04-24-2011, 11:44 PM
haha sour grapes, now I know where all these Denver fans on here get their attitudes from.

I kinda agree with Karl though, as a Jazz fan when we played the Thunder it always seemed like we out executed them, but they were masters of hitting tough shots.

:p

mjt20mik
04-24-2011, 11:46 PM
if OKC is a "Fraud", then what does that make a team down 0-3 to them?

A team cheated by a fraud. :facepalm:

Mudvayne91
04-24-2011, 11:47 PM
What's with this "you mad Denver" stuff? It's just one journalist's opinion. It's not like he represents the whole fan base.

allSUAVE
04-24-2011, 11:48 PM
i hate denver

instead of them appreciating what Melo did for them the past couple of years they look to bash him. now bad karma is going to hit them.

Hawkeye15
04-24-2011, 11:50 PM
I mean, I agree with the premise of the article, but presenting it at the same time your local team is being owned is kinda funny. Way to stay classy bro

king4day
04-25-2011, 12:10 AM
When you have a superstar in Durant and a rising potential superstar in Westbrook along with great role players, it's not that big a deal to not have a bruising scorer inside.
He's just upset at the series results so far. Every losing team gets biased writing like that I'm sure.

marvILLous
04-25-2011, 12:13 AM
haha HATERRR

he mad

210Don
04-25-2011, 12:22 AM
this happens in most series vs nuggets they would always throw shots vs the spurs now the grizz are doing the same no biggie but yeah whoever wins spurs or grizz i think they beat the thunder

DaBear
04-25-2011, 12:55 AM
It's typical of Denver. When Cutler was there, he was treated like a king and the next John Elway. Now they act like he was never good.

hgtiger32
04-25-2011, 01:00 AM
this happens in most series vs nuggets they would always throw shots vs the spurs now the grizz are doing the same no biggie but yeah whoever wins spurs or grizz i think they beat the thunder

i think if the grizzlies win they can beat OKC. they have Tony Allen and Shane Battier to matchup up against durant. memphis wins the front court battle but OKC wins the PG battle. Would be an interesting series

MrfadeawayJB
04-25-2011, 01:05 AM
:violin::violin::violin::violin:

aww poor denver

what54!?
04-25-2011, 01:07 AM
I agree somewhat but still....U mad?

AllBall
04-25-2011, 01:08 AM
Every losing team gets biased writing like that I'm sure.

Seriously. Local journalist appeal to their local audience. Not surprising. Story is non story. Next!

soonabooma
04-25-2011, 01:15 AM
If OKC is a fraud, then so is every other team including Chicago, Miami, Boston, and LA. Of course, we know this isn't true because there are some really good teams out there, some of them are veteran teams and others are young up and coming teams. Everybody is dangerous. But it's kinda silly to say OKC isn't legit because we're every bit as much equipped to go far as anybody else now that we've added some good size and experience with Perkins and Mohammed.

It's all sour grapes, writers like that have no business even having a job. It's the kind of thing you'd expect to hear from some little douche writer in Seattle. They're too stupid to know the difference in "sour grapes" and reality. This dildo obviously lives in fantasy land and can't handle the fact that his little cinderella story Nuggets are getting smashed by a team that absolutely won't take any of their crap. Denver likes to intimidate teams, unfortunately for them, we're the wrong kind of team to try to do that to. We learn just a little bit more and get just a little bit tougher every day, and that's why the league is well aware of us now. We have the same goals as everybody else and we're striving to achieve the same things. Maybe we're still not quite there yet, but we're definitely moving forward.

I say that writer is a total joke and everybody knows it.

GO THUNDER!

heathonater
04-25-2011, 01:25 AM
sure, okc relies on jump shots quite a bit, but when you have durant on your roster thats an ok strategy to use. i dont think they'll win the title this year since they lack a scoring threat inside. but westbrook and durant pose huge matchup problems for any team they play against, which is why i think they'll reach the wcf this years.

PatsSoxKnicks
04-25-2011, 01:28 AM
Someone seems bitter.....

Baller1
04-25-2011, 01:36 AM
Alright, well everyone seems to agree that this guy is full of ****. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't my bias clouding my opinion.

sportsplayer7
04-25-2011, 01:59 AM
OKC is a legit title contender imo, Westbrook and Durant main scorers, Harden can score, and Ibaka is not a slouch either. again just my opinion.

Game_Over
04-25-2011, 02:04 AM
One person writes something and you have to post come on, OKC is the better team move on, why get your panties in a bunch when your up 3-0?? Be glad be the better person again move on!!

Bruno
04-25-2011, 02:15 AM
I'm surprised that the head editor allowed this to be printed. Amateur hour.

Mudvayne91
04-25-2011, 02:31 AM
It's typical of Denver. When Cutler was there, he was treated like a king and the next John Elway. Now they act like he was never good.

This is just the opinion of one journalist. It doesn't represent everyone in Denver. Is it fair to say that every person in Chicago has the same views of Jay Mariotti because he use to write there? And it's not like Denver is the only people that have questioned Jay Cutler in the past.

DenButsu
04-25-2011, 02:41 AM
I mean, I agree with the premise of the article, but presenting it at the same time your local team is being owned is kinda funny. Way to stay classy bro

Kiz is not the best beat writer in Denver. Far from it. Dempsey, Hochman, Lopez and (formerly) Tomasson are all much better. I find myself disagreeing with him more often than not.

Pretty obvious here that he's bitter and/or trying to play to the emotions of the fans. (Although I might say the same for the title of this thread in singling out the word "fraud" as the main point of his article, which it obviously really isn't).

Anyhow, for my part as a Nuggets fan, I'm not pissed about anything the OKC players have done. They've flopped and flailed a lot, but it's not their fault the refs reward them for it, or that they make them the beneficiaries of any number of other horrible calls.

jimbobjarree
04-25-2011, 02:58 AM
den wouldn't be den if he wasn't complaining about flopping

Crackadalic
04-25-2011, 03:02 AM
We have those same clowns in new york though not as homerist if thats a word.

Teufelshunde4
04-25-2011, 03:16 AM
Sounds like a hack writer lost some money on the series...

rhino17
04-25-2011, 03:37 AM
Denver sports media is very petty, full of homers, I wouldn't expect anything else, I have been hearing this garbage for a week now

ilovemyangel
04-25-2011, 04:15 AM
the report is the fraud.

IBleedPurple
04-25-2011, 04:23 AM
Some of the comments in this thread (mainly the first half of the thread so far) are as ridiculous as this article.

It is irresponsible writing, but to think this is how every Denver fan feels, that is childish. You can find idiots like this in any city, this one just happens to be a writer.

PrestigeWldWde
04-25-2011, 04:44 AM
I would agree that they're probably not a legit title contender yet, but this article just seems like sour grapes. Get over it Denver, you're gonna lose the series, don't be classless jerks about it.

I agree, but there are also some truths to what the guy wrote. Durant is a softie, Westbrook cries too much, and they do love to shoot from the outside an awful lot. Other than that, they do have quite a bright future. :D

Raph12
04-25-2011, 04:56 AM
See D'Antoni, Mike for comments when your team is on the verge of getting swept...

rufo4100
04-25-2011, 09:29 AM
Couldnt disagree more. OKC is a great young team. 1 player away from a contender and probably 2 years of maturity/experience away from contending for a title. They need a stud SG.

BigCityofDreams
04-25-2011, 09:39 AM
Some of the comments in this thread (mainly the first half of the thread so far) are as ridiculous as this article.

It is irresponsible writing, but to think this is how every Denver fan feels, that is childish. You can find idiots like this in any city, this one just happens to be a writer.

I think the comments are being steered toward the Nugget fans because since the Melo trade all everyone heard was no one wants to play DEN, their bench can be a starting 5, they're a dark horse team, etc. I'm not saying it's right but I think fans of other teams got rubbed the wrong way when DEN got hot during the regular season.

BRAVE KID
04-25-2011, 10:12 AM
interesting article...give everybody a reason to hate on denver now.

hotpotato1092
04-25-2011, 12:17 PM
I'm a little confused. Were MJ's Bulls frauds because they didn't have a big time inside scoring threat? Of course not. You can win with two star perimeter guys as long as the rest of the team plays sound defense and you have a few jump shooters who can benefit from the open looks the stars get them. OKC has that. I don't think they'll win the title this year, but they'll absolutely get a couple down the road.

bahama0811
04-25-2011, 12:22 PM
Nice, I love it how some random writer turns the entire city of Denver into a bad fanbase. This is ridiculous. People just take any chance to talk **** about other teams and there fans. And they especially love to kick people while they are down. It's gonna suck to get swept but not everyone in the city of Denver is bad.

Ron Swanson
04-25-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm a little confused. Were MJ's Bulls frauds because they didn't have a big time inside scoring threat? Of course not. You can win with two star perimeter guys as long as the rest of the team plays sound defense and you have a few jump shooters who can benefit from the open looks the stars get them. OKC has that. I don't think they'll win the title this year, but they'll absolutely get a couple down the road.

Luc Longley = top five center ;)

Baller1
04-25-2011, 12:29 PM
Just to clear things up, I created the thread because I was curious as to how everyone felt about OKC being a "fraud". It wasn't intended to throw the city of Denver and its fans under the bus.

jim51990
04-25-2011, 12:34 PM
that fraud will be in the finals

smith&wesson
04-25-2011, 12:40 PM
so what makes okc a fraud ? misleading thread title man.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-25-2011, 12:57 PM
LOL @ the Melo is "soft" comment.

sep11ie
04-25-2011, 01:09 PM
It wasn't the Nuggets that were talking ****, it was one idiot reporter.

Mudvayne91
04-25-2011, 01:17 PM
It wasn't the Nuggets that were talking ****, it was one idiot reporter.

It's amazing how people seem to not see that

JordansBulls
04-25-2011, 01:28 PM
No big deal IMO. I think OKC makes the finals this year.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
04-25-2011, 01:39 PM
s m h

SoxBearsBulls!
04-25-2011, 01:40 PM
There are no teams without flaws, every team out there has weaknesses, sour grapes from that news rag.

Heater4life
04-25-2011, 01:48 PM
Talent rules. Sorry Karl.

championships
04-25-2011, 04:43 PM
The Journalist sounds bitter.

championships
04-25-2011, 04:50 PM
The Journalist sounds bitter.

DenButsu
04-25-2011, 11:08 PM
Just to clear things up, I created the thread because I was curious as to how everyone felt about OKC being a "fraud". It wasn't intended to throw the city of Denver and its fans under the bus.

Yeah. Well done.

Baller1
04-25-2011, 11:11 PM
Yeah. Well done.

I don't control everyone else's reaction to the article. Blame the bitter writer, not me.

Iggz53
04-25-2011, 11:16 PM
Ouch, sounds embarrassing and very poorly written. I would say OK City is a title contender but not a very serious one. The juvenile arguments and writing is what illegitimizes this for me.

DenButsu
04-25-2011, 11:24 PM
I don't control everyone else's reaction to the article. Blame the bitter writer, not me.

Or, alternatively, maybe you could write better thread titles that aren't designed (as this one clearly is) to be inflammatory.

Baller1
04-25-2011, 11:27 PM
Or, alternatively, maybe you could write better thread titles that aren't designed (as this one clearly is) to be inflammatory.

The site I originally acquired the article from titled it the same way. The thread clearly states that "OKC is a fraud", and "OKC is a bunch of hotheads". The title isn't one bit misleading.