PDA

View Full Version : Who has a better chance against Chicago?

Rafer17
04-24-2011, 10:09 PM
Magic or Hawks?

Im saying this as a Cs fan because I think we can get past the heat to play the Bulls (who are better than us IMO)
But what if the Magic/Hawks defeated the Bulls? Who matches up better and what are the chances of an upset happening?

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-24-2011, 10:12 PM
I brought this up in a Magic/Hawks GT and it got heated lol.

I think its the Hawks because they have more weapons offensively and have good defensive players on the perimeter and inside as well.

The Magic only have Dwight Howard, he will not beat the Bulls by himself because he can't even beat the Hawks by himself. The only way they beat the Bulls is if everyone starts stepping up.

Sadds The Gr8
04-24-2011, 10:16 PM
Orlando. ATL's offense is so bad all they do is run ISO's...Crawford and Joe would get shut the hell down if they tried that ISO all game **** on Chicago's defense. Orlando is just losing because their perimeter defense sucks ***, and everyone on that team except Howard is worthless

Agent008
04-24-2011, 10:17 PM
I think that the Hawks match up a little better against the Bulls. Hinrich is a good defender and he played with Rose, which would help him. I'm definitely not saying that Hinrich can stop Rose, I'm just saying that I think that he can do a better job defensively on Rose than Jameer Nelson. I think that Atlanta has a better set of players on the wing than Chicago. I also think that Horford can cancel out Boozer in a matchup.

I don't see Orlando being able to operate well offensively against the Bulls. Chicago has very good team defense and I don't think that Orlando can make them pay when the defense collapses on Howard.

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-24-2011, 10:19 PM
If the Hawks can take a better Celtic team, with their similar defensive tactics as the Bulls, to 7 games, they can beat the Bulls.

EDIT: Nvm, im an idiot. 2008 lol

redsox0717
04-24-2011, 10:19 PM
If the Hawks can take a better Celtic team to game 7 last year, they can beat the Bulls.

:facepalm:

jockrider
04-24-2011, 10:20 PM
didn't the hawks get swept in the 2nd round 2 years in a row? seems like a trend

What?
04-24-2011, 10:20 PM
Coming in I thought it was the magic but with Dwight playing out of his mind and still losing it would probably be Atlanta. Although to be honest neither team scares me much

gotoHcarolina52
04-24-2011, 10:21 PM
Magic or Hawks?

Im saying this as a Cs fan because I think we can get past the heat to play the Bulls (who are better than us IMO) But what if the Magic/Hawks defeated the Bulls? Who matches up better and what are the chances of an upset happening?

I'm also worried about this as I feel that MIA will get past BOS and the winner of the ORL-ATL series could very well defeat CHI to face MIA in the ECF. I think ORL is a tough matchup for CHI if (and only if) ORL's shooters are knocking down threes. That said, I see ATL advancing and eventually taking CHI 6 or 7 games and perhaps even beating them.

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-24-2011, 10:22 PM

.... ok.......

Am i wrong, did they not take them to 7 games?

What?
04-24-2011, 10:22 PM
If the Hawks can take a better Celtic team, with all their similar defensive tactics to 7 games, they can beat the Bulls.

Baller1
04-24-2011, 10:23 PM
One week ago, I would've said Orlando. However, I can't see that being the case anymore. Orlando really just has absolutely nothing to support Dwight, and that would kill them against a great team defense in Chicago. Plus the fact that they have a great defender/rebounder at C in Noah, it just spells trouble for Orlando.

Meanwhile, Atlanta has a lot of different weapons that can step up at any moment. There a lot more well-rounded than Orlando, and that will help out against a well-rounded Chicago team.

So I say Atlanta.

HuRRiCaNeS324
If the Hawks can take a better Celtic team, with their similar defensive tactics as the Bulls, to 7 games, they can beat the Bulls.

Im an idiot forget it lol. That was in 2008, wow im off.

What?
.... ok.......

Did you not watch the playoffs the last 2 years?

redsox0717
04-24-2011, 10:24 PM
.... ok.......

In 2008. You're a few years off, buddy.

Master Mind
04-24-2011, 10:26 PM
Magic or Hawks?

Im saying this as a Cs fan because I think we can get past the heat to play the Bulls (who are better than us IMO)
But what if the Magic/Hawks defeated the Bulls? Who matches up better and what are the chances of an upset happening?

Hold your horses there cowboy, you're counting your eggs before they hatch.

mttwlsn16
04-24-2011, 10:28 PM
id like a hawks heat ECF...total athleticism allllll over the place and tons of offense

pd1dish
04-24-2011, 10:35 PM
i think Orlando has a better shot at beating Chicago in the next round. when the Bulls lost to ATL during the season by 1 point, Rose came out and said it wasnt going to happen again in their next meeting and the Bulls came out and won by like 30 in that next game. as a Bulls fan, i am much more scared of Dwight than i am of the entire Hawks team.

b@llhog24
04-24-2011, 10:36 PM
Hold your horses there cowboy, you're counting your eggs before they hatch.

Why do you talk like this? :confused:

Bullsfan22
04-24-2011, 10:42 PM
I want no part of howard

gotoHcarolina52
04-24-2011, 10:59 PM
I want no part of howard

True, but I'm sure you wouldn't mind a part of Nelson, Richardson, Turkoglu, and Bass, am I right?

KnicksR4Real
04-24-2011, 10:59 PM
The Celtics would destroy the Bulls.

cubswin25
04-24-2011, 11:00 PM
I think the Bulls can beat both teams in 6 games, but I rather face the Hawks. That team plays one on one basketball way too much and they take a lot of bad shots. With a team that defends and rebounds like the Bulls, they aren't going to do well playing that way. You really need to move the ball around a lot to score on the Bulls defense. Just look at what the Bulls did to Hawks in the regular season, they blew them out twice and the one game the Hawks beat the Bulls. The Bulls had a big lead and basically gave them the game, which isn't something you see them do very often. Then factor in how the Hawks have performed in the second round last year and the lack of a superstar are just other reasons. Basically there's no way the Hawks would go to the ECF unless the Bulls totally choke IMO.

Remember people they are a 44 win team(when was the last time a 44 win team made it to the ECF?) for a reason and I really think the Pacers are playing better basketball then them right now. As for the Magic I don't think Dwight has enough consistent offense around him to score on the Bulls defense. So I still see the Bulls winning that series. But with Dwight in the middle to bother Rose getting to the paint. Along with the possiblity of him going off with huge games offensivly. Makes me rather not have to face the Magic if we don't have to. Especially if a few of the shooters on the team have big games they could make it a long series. Honestly I'm shocked the Hawks are up 3-1, but that's because the Magic shooters have shot horrible in this series. It's not like the Hawks are playing great shut down defense, it's more the Magic players missing shots they should make.

cubswin25
04-24-2011, 11:02 PM

:confused:

They didn't exactly do that the last two games the Bulls played them and it's not like they looked good against the Knicks. Especially in the first two games they played.

Baller1
04-24-2011, 11:06 PM
:confused:

They didn't exactly do that the last two games the Bulls played them and it's not like they looked good against the Knicks. Especially in the first two games they played.

They swept NY; I think they did alright.

Cubsfan365
04-24-2011, 11:07 PM
Our offense revolves around Rose attacking the basket and getting to the rim, which has proven to be difficult when Howard is roaming the paint for the Magic. Even though Hinrich is a solid defender, I feel much more comfortable in Rose's ability to dominate a game when Hinrich is guarding him as opposed to Howard guarding the rim. Also, the Magic have beat us with the 3 ball in the past, so I am definitely gonna say I'd rather face the Hawks.

Bulls_fan90
04-24-2011, 11:12 PM

What are you basing this off? Bulls played them great this season. Unlike the Knicks who got swept in the regular season AND the playoffs.

Do you think they will "destory" the Bulls?

cubswin25
04-24-2011, 11:13 PM

Yeah they did, but it's not like it matters if you sweep or win in 5 or even 6. This is actually the first Celtics sweep since 1992 or something I heard. The fact is the Knicks aren't a very good basketball team though. They are probably the worst first round team the Celtics have faced since 08. When you considered they faced a young upstart Hawks team. A Bulls team with young Rose and Noah along with guys like Ben Gordon when he was a big scorer. Then last year a 47 win Heat team with Wade on fire last year. Especially since the Knicks didn't have Billups the last three games. So it's not a surprise that the Celtics swept. When you consider they didn't have Billups the last three games and the fact they don't have any size inside or play good defense.

lakeshow3peat
04-24-2011, 11:14 PM
how bout neither no Eastern team can match the bulls and for the guy above who said the celtics would destroy the bull lol funny guy but i think the bulls would destroy you simple fact no perkins

210Don
04-24-2011, 11:16 PM
whoever wins....

northsid3r
04-24-2011, 11:20 PM
whoever wins....

I agree the winner will be the better team so the better team has a better chance of beating the bulls which wont happen.

ne3xchamps
04-24-2011, 11:24 PM
Coming in I thought it was the magic but with Dwight playing out of his mind and still losing it would probably be Atlanta. Although to be honest neither team scares me much

this. Every time I watch a hawks/magic game, its so incredibly boring I don't know why I keep watching when those teams play. maybe its just me. But IMO the bulls will smoke either one. I wouldn't be nervous of either one, if i were them.

ne3xchamps
04-24-2011, 11:26 PM
I think the Bulls can beat both teams in 6 games, but I rather face the Hawks. That team plays one on one basketball way too much and they take a lot of bad shots. With a team that defends and rebounds like the Bulls, they aren't going to do well playing that way. You really need to move the ball around a lot to score on the Bulls defense, and the Pacers have done that in the first round. But just look at what the Bulls did to them in the regular season, they blew them out twice and the one game the Hawks beat the Bulls. The Bulls had a big lead and basically gave them the game, which isn't something you see them do very often. Then factor in how the Hawks have performed in the second round last year and the lack of a superstar are just other reasons. Basically there's no way the Hawks would go to the ECF unless the Bulls totally choke IMO. Remember people they are a 44 win team(when was the last time a 44 win team made it to the ECF?) for a reason and I really think the Pacers are playing better basketball then them right now. As for the Magic I don't think Dwight has enough consistent offense around him to score on the Bulls defense. So I still see the Bulls winning that series. But with Dwight in the middle to bother Rose getting to the paint. Along with the possiblity of him going off with huge games offensivly. Makes me rather not have to face the Magic if we don't have to. Especially if a few of the shooters on the team have big games they could make it a long series. Honestly I'm shocked the Hawks are up 3-1, but that's because the Magic shooters have shot horrible in this series. It's not like the Hawks are playing great shut down defense, it's more the Magic players missing shots they should make.

dude put some paragraph breaks in. this is annoying as s-t to read.

cubswin25
Our offense revolves around Rose attacking the basket and getting to the rim, which has proven to be difficult when Howard is roaming the paint for the Magic. Even though Hinrich is a solid defender, I feel much more comfortable in Rose's ability to dominate a game when Hinrich is guarding him as opposed to Howard guarding the rim. Also, the Magic have beat us with the 3 ball in the past, so I am definitely gonna say I'd rather face the Hawks.

Yeah like the Magic are beatable, but they would be much tougher series. In my honest opinion, I think the Bulls would beat the Hawks in 4 or 5 games. They might have a little more talent then the Pacers, but I think the Pacers are playing better team basketball right now. So if they face the Hawks, I would think they had just as much chance of beating the Bulls as the Pacers do. Which is a very very very small chance. That comment might piss off Hawks fans, who are happy about their team being up 3-1 right now. But it's my honest opinion, I watched their team in the regular season and in the playoffs before and I don't play smart basketball enough to beat a good team like the Bulls.

The reason the Pacers are giving the Bulls a hard time. Is because they are playing smart basketball with tons of effort on both sides of the court. They are playing hard physical defense and moving the ball around a ton on offense to create good shots. It's not the one on one offense that often leads to crappy shots like the Hawks play a lot. Yes they are up 3-1 on the Magic, and deserve some credit for that. But I think it has more to do with the Magic unable to make shots they normally make. Then the Hawks doing anything to cause them to play poorly. Which is why I wouldn't be totally shocked if the Magic still come back in that series. But right now I'm hoping the Hawks got one more win in them.

Im_Really_CHI
i say the bulls beat either in 5 or 6 but the hawks match up better against the bulls because of length and the number of perimeter athletes

DamnGoat
04-24-2011, 11:27 PM
Orlando would be a tougher matchup IMO. As a Bulls fan the games I can remember us struggling in are when teams shoot a ridiculous 3pt% against us. Orlando's capable of getting hot for a series and making it very interesting. The way Atlanta plays offensively works in the Bulls favor. If they just play ISO all game long in the halfcourt the Bulls D will shut that down.

Chi StateOfMind
04-24-2011, 11:34 PM
I would prefer Orlando IMO. They have a superstar in D12 but everyone else around him is questionable. Atlanta has more athleticism and more firepower and can hang with most teams. Only good thing bout ATL is they show up sometimes and look lost by shooting dumb shots and play themselves outta games. Either one doesnt make me nervous but hey u never know its the playoffs but i'll take the Magic.

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-24-2011, 11:46 PM
Any team that has Dwight Howard on it will have the better chance of beating you. So ya, please close it out Atlanta.

cubswin25
04-24-2011, 11:46 PM
Orlando would be a tougher matchup IMO. As a Bulls fan the games I can remember us struggling in are when teams shoot a ridiculous 3pt% against us. Orlando's capable of getting hot for a series and making it very interesting. The way Atlanta plays offensively works in the Bulls favor. If they just play ISO all game long in the halfcourt the Bulls D will shut that down.

Exactly.

Mixeditup1
04-25-2011, 12:12 AM
Orlando is the tougher team... Just gotta play Horford harder, Deng should D up JJ and I don't want Rose driving to that brick sh1thouse called D12

BullsFan_1
04-25-2011, 12:43 AM
I'd like to get by the Pacers first TBH. Once we beat them, I'm going to the funeral myself to make sure they're really dead. ****ing pests.

DaBear
04-25-2011, 12:58 AM
I think Orlando has a better shot. If D Howard is on top of his game and everyone else is hitting 3's, they have a shot against the Bulls. Atlanta does not match up well with the Bulls at all. With that said, I am glad Atlanta is leading the series right now.

DaBear
04-25-2011, 12:58 AM
I'd like to get by the Pacers first TBH. Once we beat them, I'm going to the funeral myself to make sure they're really dead. ****ing pests.

:clap:

Raph12
04-25-2011, 01:45 AM
Orlando - Atlanta would get killed because all they do is run isos for each player and the Bulls perimeter defense is elite, unlike the Magic... Plus the Magic have Dwight to keep Rose out of the paint and dominate the Bulls bigs.

NYK BaLLaS
04-25-2011, 01:52 AM
just like last year when people said the celts were done,they ended up shocking everyone.they should beat miami in 6,and then play the hawks in ECF

PurpleJesus28
04-25-2011, 01:56 AM
id definitely prefer playing the Hawks instead of the Magic. anytime you can avoid going against the most dominant physical force in the NBA, you do.

Hawks play too much iso offense, those are the kinds of offenses our defense thrives on. i feel like the hawks need everyone to really click in order to beat us, with the magic i feel like they only need 1 or 2 others beside D12 to start hitting shots to give us problems.

Hawks have never really scared me, dunno why. fan of joe johnson, crawford is a hell of an X factor, and Horford has progressed nicely. josh smith IMO is too much of a liability though. he doesn't seem to have the mental toughness, he does one stupid thing and then he tries to make up for it by doing another one. i remember the last time we played them he literally single handedly let the game get outta hand by making dumb play after dumb play. i dunno, maybe i have some kinda bias against him for some reason and that spreads for the whole team, but i really don't think the Hawks pose much of a threat to the Bulls.

PurpleJesus28
04-25-2011, 01:58 AM

rofl. damn that was good. :up:

sargon21
04-25-2011, 03:43 AM
Atlanta's ISO offense just won't work against the Bulls, simple as that.

Raph12
04-25-2011, 05:03 AM
id definitely prefer playing the Hawks instead of the Magic. anytime you can avoid going against the most dominant physical force in the NBA, you do.

Hawks play too much iso offense, those are the kinds of offenses our defense thrives on. i feel like the hawks need everyone to really click in order to beat us, with the magic i feel like they only need 1 or 2 others beside D12 to start hitting shots to give us problems.

Hawks have never really scared me, dunno why. fan of joe johnson, crawford is a hell of an X factor, and Horford has progressed nicely. josh smith IMO is too much of a liability though. he doesn't seem to have the mental toughness, he does one stupid thing and then he tries to make up for it by doing another one. i remember the last time we played them he literally single handedly let the game get outta hand by making dumb play after dumb play. i dunno, maybe i have some kinda bias against him for some reason and that spreads for the whole team, but i really don't think the Hawks pose much of a threat to the Bulls.

This is dead on... The Bulls don't, and shouldn't, fear the Hawks because iso offense is what the Bulls' defense feeds off of.

Rose/Watson can check Hinrich
Brewer/Bogans can check Crawford
Deng can check Johnson
Taj can check Smoove
Noah/Asik can check Horford

In comparison

Hinrich destroyed Nelson/Arenas
Crawford shat (I know I made this word up) all over Arenas/Redick/JRich
Johnson ripped apart Jrich/QRich/Redick/Arenas
Smoove tore up Hedo/QRich/Bass
Horford killed Bass/Anderson/Hedo

The playoffs are about matchups and while the Hawks thrived in this 1st round series, they'll be in for a rude awakening if they expect similar results against the elite perimeter/post defense of the Bulls... And I for one will enjoy each and every moment of their demise.

Kyben36
04-25-2011, 05:14 AM
as a bulls fan, I would rather see the Hawks. the Magic are a team that if they shoot well one night from distance, they can beat any team in the league, if their shooters get hot, they are imposible to stop. at the same time though, you live by the 3, you die by the 3. Dwight can try to carry them all he wants, but the shooting has to be there.

Purple&Gold24
04-25-2011, 05:18 AM
Whoever wins the series :shrug:

Crackadalic
04-25-2011, 05:35 AM
Magic. You can't run ISO basketball against the bulls.

JordansBulls
04-25-2011, 07:45 AM
Orlando because of Dwight. But if we stay on there shooters like Atlanta is doing then Orlando can't beat us.

phi2134
04-25-2011, 08:34 AM
I'd rather see the bulls play the hawks, and I think the Hawks will pull it out. Is it just me or do the hawks seem really out of shape besides hinrich and crawford? I had a hard time recognizing josh smith and they just don't seem as athletic as they used to.

Heater4life
04-25-2011, 08:44 AM
I think Atlanta. Hinrich cant stop Rose but is a very good defender who can at least make his life more difficult. Joe Johnson might be able to exploit Chi towns lack of sg talent. Horford and Josh Smith can hold their own on the boards. Not to mention the X factor, J Crawford.

I think Atlanta has the better chance on paper and from what Ive seen thus far on the court.

Muttman73
04-25-2011, 09:08 AM
I'd say Hawks, they are more of a "team" than Orlando. Either way, I'll be happy to start round #2 and be rid of the Pacers.

rufo4100
04-25-2011, 09:24 AM
great question...I'd say Orlando but right now Orlando looks awful.

Tarheels23
04-25-2011, 10:28 AM
Seeing how Indy very well could have swept Chicago, I think that either ATL or ORL have the potential for an upset

Pierzynski4Prez
04-25-2011, 10:47 AM
Orlando easily. Bulls have owned the hawks the last 2 times we played them. Our D is easily able to shut them down. Hawks will probably average like 80-82 points per game for the series, which I look forward too.

LakersIn5
04-25-2011, 10:55 AM
the bulls first need to beat the pacers

cubswin25
04-25-2011, 12:30 PM
Seeing how Indy very well could have swept Chicago, I think that either ATL or ORL have the potential for an upset

How could you say that when the Pacers are playing better basketball then the Hawks and Magic right now? I dunno why fans assume that when a team has a hard time in the first round, that the next round team can upset them then. It doesn't work that way, and if you watch both series, you can't be impressed with anything the Magic or Hawks have done. Plus neither of them can do what the Pacers have done on both sides of the court. The Magic don't have the athletics on defense to give the Bulls offense fits and the Hawks don't move the around enough on offense to give the Bulls defense much problems. The Pacers have done a good job at both, which is they have given the Bulls some problems. But they are still up 3-1, so bringing up they could have swept Chicago is nonsense. Just because the games are close doesn't mean the other team could win. By watching all four Bulls/Pacers games in this series, it's pretty obvious who the better team is late in the game and that's important come the playoffs.

justinnum1
04-25-2011, 12:31 PM
hawks for sure, if they are hitting their jumpers, chicago will lose

tho, dwight would have hurt rose over a series.

justinnum1
04-25-2011, 12:33 PM
How could you say that when the Pacers are playing better basketball then the Hawks and Magic right now?

:facepalm: Pacers are just hitting their shots, chicago is playing pretty bad also, turning it over, horrible 3pt shooting... Hawks will definitely push the bulls 6 or 7 games.

cubswin25
04-25-2011, 12:47 PM
Pacers are just hitting their shots, chicago is playing pretty bad also, turning it over, horrible 3pt shooting... Hawks will definitely push the bulls 6 or 7 games.

Wow you know nothing about basketball and how teams play. You realize that the reason why the Pacers are hitting shots. Is because the quality ball movement they have on offense. Which is how you need to beat the Bulls defense, because you get better shots, with some defenders picking up guys late. The Hawks don't play like that and often have Joe Johnson, Josh Smith or Jamal Crawford playing one on one basketball. The Bulls defense will eat that up and those guys will struggle making those shots. That's why when people bring up match ups in the playoffs it is important. Because the Hawks don't match up well with the Bulls, and we saw that in the regular season. Plus it's not like the Hawks are playing great defense in this series, they are just letting the Magics shooters beat them. But they haven't been able to hit shots, if they do the Magic are the ones with the 3-1 lead right now.

hawks for sure, if they are hitting their jumpers, chicago will lose

Bulls defense will cause them not to hit shots, and the Hawks have no answer on defense for the Bulls. Plus the Bulls would kill them on the boards. I say the Bulls would win that series in 4 or 5 and I'm being serious. The Hawks don't match up well with the way the Bulls play and we saw that in the regular season. With the Bulls blowing them out twice, and winning by 17 in another game that the Bulls gave away. But that's not something they are going to do in a playoff game. While the Pacers are giving the Bulls a hard time, because they rebound well, have good ball movement on offense, have atheltic defenders on defense fouling hard and they are playing with tons of effort. Yes the Bulls are shooting terrible in this series, and turning over the ball too much. Part of that is the Bulls just not playing well, but part of that is the Pacers causing some of that too happen as well.

JordansBulls
04-25-2011, 01:21 PM
Bulls play to the level of their competition. All year the Bulls have struggled against teams .500 or less at home. Just look at the last 2 weeks of the regular season and you would see how they struggled against NJ at home, Phoenix, Toronto, Philly, Memphis, etc. But tortured teams like Boston, Atlanta, etc.

SoxBearsBulls!
04-25-2011, 01:50 PM
Rather face the Hawks...ISO offense will get shut down by the Bulls D, itīs that simple if you know basketball.

Heater4life
04-25-2011, 02:02 PM
Rather face the Hawks...ISO offense will get shut down by the Bulls D, itīs that simple if you know basketball.

Agreed. I think Atlanta is still a better match up against the Bulls than Orlando. The Magic are just lost without Howard.

Cool007
04-25-2011, 02:03 PM
I am more worried about this Pacers team than either of Hawks or Magic.

BTW, let Bulls win against Pacers first before we start this thread. Can't wait 1 more day man???