PDA

View Full Version : Mike D'Antoni on Rondo

Pages : [1] 2

JasonJohnHorn
04-24-2011, 07:18 PM
Mike D'Antoni dropped diss on Rondo claiming that he puts up the numbers he does because of the talent around him and wonders how Rondo would do on a team like the T-Wolves (link below)

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2011/04/knicks_coach_mike_dantoni_on_r.html

My responce: Haters gonna hate. Mike D is down and has nothing better to do that try to insult a player on the team that is handing his @$$ to him. Rondo can play D as good or better than any PG in the league, and Mike D has no clue how to coach, and apparently appreciate, defence. Over the last couple of season Rondo has improved his jump shot, defence and has become the best distributor in the game. And if he was playing for Minny, they'd be making a playoff run.

And if he was playing for NY, they may have actually WON a game this series.

The knicks put up a fight in the series, all respect to the players, Amare was hurt, Billups was injurd, Melo had a lot on his shoulders, and they did as well as can be expected, but verbal cheap shots like this by Mike D'antoni are just classless.

But the question is out there (Rondo and Pierce opted not to comment), but what do you all think? Does Rondo make his team better? Or do the Celtics make Rondo better? And how would a team like NY or Minny fair with Rondo at the point?

Kashmir13579
04-24-2011, 07:20 PM
D'antoni would kill for a player like Rondo whether he can shoot the rock or not.

i personally think Rondo is a top 3 PG.

gwrighter
04-24-2011, 07:21 PM
rondo gets a lot of his assists off of drive and dishes for open jump shots. if you can't hit open jump shots then you most likely aren't in the NBA. so i don't take what Mike D said seriously.

redsox0717
04-24-2011, 07:22 PM
D'antoni is just mad that his team was torched by Rondo and that he will probably be fired.

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2011, 07:22 PM
Rondo owned the Knicks

Crackadalic
04-24-2011, 07:23 PM
This has been said before. Just wish Mike would shut up already

meloman1592
04-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Mike needs to stfu...he's just tight his dumbass coaching got abused by rondo

Ecko72jc
04-24-2011, 07:28 PM
30 point game, 20 assist triple double, 20-13 to close it out.

STFU YOU CLOWN COACH

iggypop123
04-24-2011, 07:30 PM
we will never know thanks to kevin mchale not only gifting kg but not demanding rondo.

69centers
04-24-2011, 07:30 PM
Rondo and Love on the Wolves would probably do alright. Pink slip on it's way to D'Antoni probably as I type this.

Hustlenomics
04-24-2011, 07:31 PM
D'antoni would kill for a player like Rondo whether he can shoot the rock or not.

^ this.

SensandRaps
its funny because Rondo is the type of point guard that D'Antoni would love to have on his team.

As for the actual question Rondo makes the celtics better without a doubt, he finds the players that are open so they can make baskets, without rondo the celtic players wont be getting that many good looks and will result in less scoring which would affect them quite a bit imo

Epicfailure
If you ever have a conversation with Mike D'antoni and he starts saying something idiotic like this, just mention the word "defense" and he'll stop mid sentence and completely lose his train of thought.

jp611
04-24-2011, 07:32 PM

No, not at all, whose he better than out of CP3, Rose, D-Will, and Westbrook... he's 5th at best

Kashmir13579
04-24-2011, 07:32 PM
i think Rondo makes any NBA team a playoff team.

justinnum1
04-24-2011, 07:33 PM
mike d has become a joke

Hustlenomics
04-24-2011, 07:34 PM
No, not at all, whose he better than out of CP3, Rose, D-Will, and Westbrook... he's 5th at best

Cp3 and D-Will are better POINT GUARDS than Rondo

Kashmir13579
04-24-2011, 07:35 PM

I rank PGs differently than you.

CP3
Nash
Rondo

read it and weep.

The NBA has never seen a PG like Rondo he is an absolute anomaly.

D-Rose and Westbrook are amazing scorers and athletes but neither can run an offense like the 3 i listed.

magichatnumber9
04-24-2011, 07:37 PM
Nobody has success in Minnesota, so I don't see what point he's trying to make. Maybe he made a shadow compliment.

jp611
04-24-2011, 07:38 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA... the fallacy that Rose and Westbrook arent good PGs because they mainly score is a joke... Rondo couldnt hit the backside of a barn, and Shaq shoots better free throws than him... this guy couldnt carry any team to the playoffs

NYtilIdie
04-24-2011, 07:42 PM
Well, Mike D'Antoni is a moron.....

bklynny67

lets not get crazy.....

Rose, CP3, Deron, Westbrook!

it'd be tough to find many people besides Celtic fans who think Rondo is better than any of those 3. Rondo is definitely not top 3, but he's real good. but also, i don't think his numbers would be nearly as good if he didn't have such good players and shooters on his team.

PatsSoxKnicks

Mike D is an idiot and has no clue what he's talking about but I think thats taking it a bit too far. It's not like Rondo is Lebron or something. He's a great distributor but without good weapons around him, who does he distribute to? Thats why he's PERFECT for the Celtics. But putting him on a team like the T-Wolves? He's great defensively but he's also a PG. A PG will never have the same impact defensively that any other position has. And his outside shot is pretty poor. He's got holes in his game so I don't think you can assume that he'd turn ANY NBA team into a playoff team.

NYtilIdie
04-24-2011, 07:43 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA... the fallacy that Rose and Westbrook arent good PGs because they mainly score is a joke... Rondo couldnt hit the backside of a barn, and Shaq shoots better free throws than him... this guy couldnt carry any team to the playoffs

Rose has been shooting terrible all series aside from game 1, so not the time to bash another one's shooting.

mustaine
Phil Jackson will be there next season, I'm sure of it. Rondo is not my favorite player but I would still call him a good player and more importantly, one that plays to his strength. D' Antoni is throwing stones in a glass house, he's the last one that should be talking about people being overrated.

jp611
Exactly, don't get me wrong, Rondo's a great player, but he's not top 3... and until he becomes a better shooter I don't think he could carry a team without Ray, KG, and PP

Punk
04-24-2011, 07:44 PM
What's the big deal? He pulled a Phil Jackson. That's what you do in playoff time. You are gonna complain that comment but Baby saying Amare is easy to guard isn't posted here?

Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Hustlenomics
04-24-2011, 07:45 PM

please hit the logout button

KnicksR4Real
04-24-2011, 07:46 PM
It is partially true

ChitownSports16
04-24-2011, 07:47 PM
Mike D'Antoni dropped diss on Rondo claiming that he puts up the numbers he does because of the talent around him and wonders how Rondo would do on a team like the T-Wolves (link below)

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2011/04/knicks_coach_mike_dantoni_on_r.html

My responce: Haters gonna hate. Mike D is down and has nothing better to do that try to insult a player on the team that is handing his @$$ to him. Rondo can play D as good or better than any PG in the league, and Mike D has no clue how to coach, and apparently appreciate, defence. Over the last couple of season Rondo has improved his jump shot, defence and has become the best distributor in the game. And if he was playing for Minny, they'd be making a playoff run.

And if he was playing for NY, they may have actually WON a game this series.

The knicks put up a fight in the series, all respect to the players, Amare was hurt, Billups was injurd, Melo had a lot on his shoulders, and they did as well as can be expected, but verbal cheap shots like this by Mike D'antoni are just classless.

But the question is out there (Rondo and Pierce opted not to comment), but what do you all think? Does Rondo make his team better? Or do the Celtics make Rondo better? And how would a team like NY or Minny fair with Rondo at the point?

I think hes right... As much as I think hes doing good with the C's and as much I hate D'Antoni I think hes right... I think he would be a good fit with NY tho... But, if he was a Bull theres no ALL-STAR Rondo.

JasonJohnHorn
04-24-2011, 07:49 PM
we will never know thanks to kevin mchale not only gifting kg but not demanding rondo.

McHale actually WANTED Teflair! Most GMs at the time thought Rondo was a back up at best and that Teflair had the raw talent and potential.

magichatnumber9
please hit the logout buttonThis

PatsSoxKnicks
What's the big deal? He pulled a Phil Jackson. That's what you do in playoff time. You are gonna complain that comment but Baby saying Amare is easy to guard isn't posted here?

Baby saying Amare is easy to guard was just as idiotic. Actually, more idiotic since the series hadn't started yet. At least Mike D is saying this AFTER the series, where there's no harm really.

But he's not pulling a Phil Jackson because the Knicks have been eliminated. He's not trying to get into Rondo's head. The series is over. He's just stating his opinion.

Jewelz0376
04-24-2011, 07:50 PM
I rank PGs differently than you.

CP3
Nash
Rondo

read it and weep.

The NBA has never seen a PG like Rondo he is an absolute anomaly.

D-Rose and Westbrook are amazing scorers and athletes but neither can run an offense like the 3 i listed.

A prime J Kidd could do everything Rondo can do and then some...rebound..defend..run an offense... Rondo is a great pg, but idk if I'd say there's never been a pg like him

and you really have Nash as the 2nd best pg with the way he plays D??

Kashmir13579
04-24-2011, 07:51 PM
Mike D is an idiot and has no clue what he's talking about but I think thats taking it a bit too far. It's not like Rondo is Lebron or something. He's a great distributor but without good weapons around him, who does he distribute to? Thats why he's PERFECT for the Celtics. But putting him on a team like the T-Wolves? He's great defensively but he's also a PG. A PG will never have the same impact defensively that any other position has. And his outside shot is pretty poor. He's got holes in his game so I don't think you can assume that he'd turn ANY NBA team into a playoff team.

i know his lack of a jumper hurts my case, but i firmly believe what i said. Rondo on the T-wolves would be an 7/8th seed in the West (imo). well, maybe not with their current coach. Keven Love's ability to shoot the ball would make him a mismatch nightmare with Rondo running the helm. Wes Johnson on the fast break is as dangerous as anybody in the NBA. Rondo puts the ball where it needs to go. every time.

Give Rondo a couple shooters and finishers and i think that is all he needs.

Reversed86Curse
04-24-2011, 07:53 PM

Well, this is just an absolutely stupid statement. Rondo not only carried the C's TO the playoffs the past two seasons, he carried them THROUGH the playoff's as well. Drop the hate

Kashmir13579
04-24-2011, 07:55 PM
A prime J Kidd could do everything Rondo can do and then some...rebound..defend..run an offense... Rondo is a great pg, but idk if I'd say there's never been a pg like him

you're right, JKidd-Rondo is certainly debatable. although i don't think JKidd ever had the ability to go coast to coast like Rondo can. the real question is will Rondo be able to rise above once his athletic ability starts to diminish. like Hawkeye has said, his lack of shooting will make it tough for him to have a lengthy career like Jkidd.

and, Yea, i still have Nash as the second best. his defense isn't any worse than it was during his 2 MVP seasons.

JasonJohnHorn
04-24-2011, 07:56 PM

That is NOT a Phil Jackson. Phil Jackson makes smart comments, mentioning fouls and non-calls (like he did against Orlando: take note, the officials actually CALLED Howard NUMERABLE offensive fouls in the finals and didnt call them until then). Jackson is not going to be down 3-0 in a series and then call out a player that just dropped a triple-double on him as only being good because of the talent around him. That is petty. Its like saying: we are only losing because the other team has more talent. Jackson's comments are calculated and carry an impact.

As for Baby's comments, you are more than welcome to start a thread. I already start to many threads as some over-sensative Heat fans who have hard-ons for Bosh will tell you. But Baby was right, Amare was easy to defend, likely because he was playing the series with a bad back. If Amare was healthy, he would have been a nightmare for Baby. lol

PatsSoxKnicks
04-24-2011, 07:58 PM
i know his lack of a jumper hurts my case, but i firmly believe what i said. Rondo on the T-wolves would be an 7/8th seed in the West (imo). well, maybe not with their current coach. Keven Love's ability to shoot the ball would make him a mismatch nightmare with Rondo running the helm. Wes Johnson on the fast break is as dangerous as anybody in the NBA. Rondo puts the ball where it needs to go. every time.

Give Rondo a couple shooters and finishers and i think that is all he needs.

I disagree that the TWolves would make the playoffs with Rondo and Love, especially considering how competitive the West is. But since you said any team, do you really think Rondo on the Cavs could make the playoffs? I doubt it.

Personally, I think you're just overrating the impact one player can have on a team. Unless that player's name is Lebron, or maybe Wade, I don't think you can just stick any all-star on a terrible team (I'm talking like Cavs or Wolves terrible, not a 30 win team) and see them make the playoffs.

ayuntalo
04-24-2011, 07:58 PM
wow..so i will be the first one to agree..this is just my opinion.
i havent checked the link yet but i agree he puts up great stats because of the players around him. he has the easiest job on the nba IMO.

if you watch game 2 where he racked up assist numbers, you will see that it was Allen who created havoc on thos off ball movement and KG with those screen and pin down down low following the pick he have set. and after you get caught up on those movements here comes pal pierce popping on the other side hitting a 3.

all rondo has to do is
1) stand un-guarded and wait for the play to happen (off ball movement) and pass the ball. EASY
2) push the ball. OK
3) defend, rebound, finish layups. GREAT

if you look closely #3 is what he only needs to exert effort on, everything else is easy..
he makes this team better and THE TEAM MAKES HIM.
he is a great pg on his own form but people overrate him because of STATS.
i agree that if you put him on other teams he would not be special
(For example replace Deron williams with Rondo..utah or nets)

allSUAVE
04-24-2011, 07:59 PM
whoaaaaaaa Rondo is not a top 3 PG

John Walls Era
04-24-2011, 08:00 PM
rondo gets a lot of his assists off of drive and dishes for open jump shots. if you can't hit open jump shots then you most likely aren't in the NBA. so i don't take what Mike D said seriously.

My thoughts exactly.

Not very nice of Mike Dantoni to diss the Wolves like that.

FlakeyFool
04-24-2011, 08:00 PM
Rondo sucks :hide:

ChitownSports16
04-24-2011, 08:01 PM
^^^ 100% agree with ayuntalo

John Walls Era

Lets not turn this into one of those threads.

Cp3 and D-Will are better POINT GUARDS than Rondo

This.

allSUAVE
BREAKING NEWS: Mike D'Antoni is believe to be let go of his duties

magic0320
04-24-2011, 08:02 PM
we will never know until all the hall of fame players retire, but until then Rondo is one of the best PG...even though I hate him :(

BklynKnicks3
04-24-2011, 08:04 PM
i been sayin this for years rondo is a clown and it will be known when big 3 retire

X12Celtics3
04-24-2011, 08:04 PM

The Glen Davis thing has nothing to do with this, and its kind of stupid, anyway. The Big Baby comment PISSED ME OFF, I hate it when that meathead says crap like that, and its not right. At the same time, however, the fact that a meathead Celtics player made a stupid comment doesn't mean that the head coach of a team that just got swept making a stupid/classless comment is okay.

I don't really see how its hypocrisy, in the Celtics forum there was a thread about that Davis comment and absolutely everybody was ripping him for it. Its only right to rip D'Antoni as well.

checkit
04-24-2011, 08:05 PM
Baby saying Amare is easy to guard was just as idiotic. Actually, more idiotic since the series hadn't started yet. At least Mike D is saying this AFTER the series, where there's no harm really.

But he's not pulling a Phil Jackson because the Knicks have been eliminated. He's not trying to get into Rondo's head. The series is over. He's just stating his opinion.

He stated this pregame. Karma!

KnicksR4Real
04-24-2011, 08:06 PM
do i hate rondo

mizzacNYC
04-24-2011, 08:07 PM
I hate D'Antoni... I complained about getting him from day 1 I never wanted him. With that said to respond to ppl saying D'Antoni would kill for a player like Rondo, I beg to differ. I'd also go as far to say Rondo wouldn't look good in a D'Antoni offense and D'Antoni wouldn't play him for his shooting. And if he did have him he'd make Rondo's game look like crap by telling him to chuck up 3's and not putting players in position to capitalize on Rondo's penetration.

PatsSoxKnicks
04-24-2011, 08:09 PM
He stated this pregame. Karma!

Well if thats true, then he's an even bigger idiot then I thought. But do you have a link? I don't understand why he would say this before the game, especially considering they were down 3-0.

ayuntalo
04-24-2011, 08:09 PM
^^^ 100% agree with ayuntalo

glad someone agrees.
i though i was gonna be bashed non stop for my comment

Kashmir13579
04-24-2011, 08:10 PM
I disagree that the TWolves would make the playoffs with Rondo and Love, especially considering how competitive the West is. But since you said any team, do you really think Rondo on the Cavs could make the playoffs? I doubt it.

touche.

John Walls Era
04-24-2011, 08:11 PM
McHale actually WANTED Teflair! Most GMs at the time thought Rondo was a back up at best and that Teflair had the raw talent and potential.

Thats what happens when his cousin is the GOAT.

i been sayin this for years rondo is a clown and it will be known when big 3 retire

You say it as if its been validated... sorry but what Dantoni says means 0 to everyone else.

KnicksR4Real
04-24-2011, 08:12 PM
I do hate Rondo tho

checkit
04-24-2011, 08:12 PM
Well if thats true, then he's an even bigger idiot then I thought. But do you have a link? I don't understand why he would say this before the game, especially considering they were down 3-0.

Here ya go..

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4683309/pregame-video-rivers-on-game-4

AddiX
04-24-2011, 08:14 PM
Mike d is the first Italian redneck I've ever seen in my life, he always says something stupid.

ManRam
04-24-2011, 08:15 PM
This helps explain a little why he's such a terrible coach.

PatsSoxKnicks
04-24-2011, 08:15 PM
Here ya go..

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4683309/pregame-video-rivers-on-game-4

Well, then I stand corrected; Mike D's comments were just as idiotic as Big Baby's.

John Walls Era
04-24-2011, 08:19 PM
Don't understand why Dantoni wants to discredit people. No one said that about him when he was in Phoenix.

FlakeyFool
04-24-2011, 08:21 PM
I'd take Nash over him, easily.

ManRam
04-24-2011, 08:24 PM
Mike just values everything that's wrong when it comes to winning. He hates defense. He hates hustle. He hates heart. And he hates guys who don't hoist shot after shot.

Again, it makes sense. He's a bit bitter, I get it, but Jesus...have some class.

John Walls Era
04-24-2011, 08:27 PM

Meet downtown so I can knock some sense into you.

bklynny67
04-24-2011, 08:28 PM
Well, this is just an absolutely stupid statement. Rondo not only carried the C's TO the playoffs the past two seasons, he carried them THROUGH the playoff's as well. Drop the hate

you kiddin me dude?? the Celtics don't make the playoffs because of Rondo. he's their 4th best player and without him, they most likely still get a top 4 seed in the East and definitely still make the playoffs easily.

He could be replaced by a mediocre PG who could avg 8 assists per game on the Celtics, while averaging more than Rondo's lousy 10 ppg, and BOS would still be awesome!

i hate Mike D as a coach, but what he said is somewhat true... basically only Celtics fans think he's a top 3 PG. he's actually not even top 5 right now.

CP3
Rose
Deron
Westbrook
Nash

AddiX
04-24-2011, 08:28 PM
This helps explain a little why he's such a terrible coach.

Into the last game of the playoffs he still didn't know what the hell his rotation was.:facepalm:

Mike d without Nash is not a NBA level coach, everyone saw it during the playoffs. After a timeout, mike got outclassed every time.

jockrider
04-24-2011, 08:30 PM
mike mad cause rondo doesn't shoot three's lol.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
04-24-2011, 08:33 PM
Rondo is the BEST fit for Boston. And that's all that matters. Rondo don't play to be better than anybody. He plays to win.

And he is in no way, shape or form top 3 PG right now. Close, but not. He's still my favorite PG, but clearly not more talented than CP3, DWill, or DRose and Westbrook, arguably.

FTs are waaay to important to overlook too

X12Celtics3
04-24-2011, 08:34 PM

Why? Both of them are exceptional on one end of the court, but Rondo's offense (handling, passing, court vision, occasionally driving) is a hell of a lot better than Nash's defense, which is often horrid.

avrpatsfan
04-24-2011, 08:36 PM
He seems a bit sore.

76erEaglePhils
04-24-2011, 08:38 PM
Stfu Mike you and, your overrated team got their *** kicked now you want to take shots because of it. I hate Mike he's such a poor sport and, a sore loser it's so funny when he goes on these rants fn bum.

adidas2307
04-24-2011, 08:49 PM
I dislike Rondo because he is a Celtic but it's quite obvious he has great talent. Top 6? Yes. Top 3? Debatable.

Kashmir13579
04-24-2011, 08:49 PM
Mike just values everything that's wrong when it comes to winning. He hates defense. He hates hustle. He hates heart. And he hates guys who don't hoist shot after shot.

Again, it makes sense. He's a bit bitter, I get it, but Jesus...have some class.

"he hates heart" - i don't even know what to say about that.

NYKSpiritBomb
04-24-2011, 08:54 PM
can't stand mike d! he's just mad. the series was more that he got out coached more than his players got outplayed :facepalm:

jonline87
04-24-2011, 08:54 PM
Rondo is the best traditional PG in the league, traditional meaning "pass first." I think both Rondo is as valuable to the Celtics as the Celtics are to Rondo. Of course his assists totals will go up passing to such high % shooters, but it's not like the Celtics can just put anyone at point and expect the same results. Otherwise, Mario Chalmers would be in conversation for top 5 PG in the league.

ne3xchamps
04-24-2011, 08:55 PM
haters are going to hate. say what you want, but the entire offense runs through rondo. Look at what happened when rondo was not on his game towards the end of the season. celtics drop from 1 to 3 seed. end of story. rondo would create shots and plays for whoever is on his team, no matter what team. D'Antoni is just an idiot. He needs to worry about having a job next year before he starts running his man pleaser.

Sportfan
04-24-2011, 09:03 PM
He doesn't need to shoot jump shots as seen in the games he plays.

You play tight on him, there's going to be a man open and he'll rack up an assist.

You play off of him, he'll take it to the hoop and lay it in, Rondo's one of the best guards at taking it to the hoop. his layups are smexy.

Every player has something they are not good in. Williams and Nash aren't good defenders, Westbrook turns it over way too much, Paul isn't a great shooter, we don't know if Rose can really be a leader in big games and distribute the ball when he's being double teamed (they've had to rely on rose the whole series he needs to help his teammates score)

Everyone has a flaw. Rondo is the best defensive pg, arguably the best distributor (between Paul him and Nash) and very good inside the paint which offsets his jump shot abilities. Personally, I have him ranked 4th (Paul, Rose, Williams, Rondo, Westy, Nash, Curry, Wall, Billups, Jennings is my top 10)

Sportfan
04-24-2011, 09:05 PM
Yup, gotta love that grade A defense :drool:

dnewguy
04-24-2011, 09:09 PM
Parting shots.

76erEaglePhils
04-24-2011, 09:13 PM
can't stand mike d! he's just mad. the series was more that he got out coached more than his players got outplayed :facepalm:Then explain the last 2 games of the sweep since you say it was more about getting out coached.

Norieaga
04-24-2011, 09:17 PM
Rondo carried the Celtics during their last playoff run. Why should anyone discredit him just because he has a great team around him? This goes for any player. Tell D'Antoni to prioritize defense instead of trash-talking.

Yanks All Day
04-24-2011, 09:24 PM
Translation: He just torched my team and showed us the door. My job is on the line, so I might as well get some parting shots in before New York realizes I can't really coach.

redsox0717
04-24-2011, 09:42 PM
I would expect an opposing coach of all people to be classier

Nothing more than sour grapes

hugepatsfan
04-24-2011, 09:47 PM
If you play up on Rondo, he can drive past most PGs. Then he causes the defense to rotate and he uses his tremendous court vision to find the open man because very rarely do all 5 players on an opposing team rotate properly. Sometime it may not be Rondo's pass that gets the assist, but he starts the chain of passes that gets an open shot.

If you play off him, you give him room to see the full court and that's when he finds cutters and shooters coming off screens.

PatsSoxKnicks
04-24-2011, 09:55 PM
He doesn't need to shoot jump shots as seen in the games he plays.

You play tight on him, there's going to be a man open and he'll rack up an assist.

You play off of him, he'll take it to the hoop and lay it in, Rondo's one of the best guards at taking it to the hoop. his layups are smexy.

Every player has something they are not good in. Williams and Nash aren't good defenders, Westbrook turns it over way too much, Paul isn't a great shooter, we don't know if Rose can really be a leader in big games and distribute the ball when he's being double teamed (they've had to rely on rose the whole series he needs to help his teammates score)

Everyone has a flaw. Rondo is the best defensive pg, arguably the best distributor (between Paul him and Nash) and very good inside the paint which offsets his jump shot abilities. Personally, I have him ranked 4th (Paul, Rose, Williams, Rondo, Westy, Nash, Curry, Wall, Billups, Jennings is my top 10)

Huh :confused:, wtf are you talking about?

CP3's TS% is above average and sorting by PGs who've played 40+ games and 30+ minutes, CP3's is 6th.

http://www.hoopdata.com/advancedstats.aspx?team=%25&type=pg&posi=PG&yr=2011&gp=40&mins=30

That's pretty good. His TS% is better then Rose, Rondo and Westbrook's.

Now if you're talking mid-range game or 3 pointers, again, you're still wrong.

CP3 is shooting 42.3% from the 10-15 ft range which is above average (league average is 39.4%) and is shooting 45% from the 16-23 ft range which is also above league average (league average is 39.5%). Finally, on 3's, CP3's eFG% is 57.9% which is also above league average (league average is 53.9%).

The fact of the matter is that CP3 really doesn't have any weaknesses in his game. I suppose the one weakness he has is that he's not aggressive enough. He doesn't shoot enough considering how good of a shooter he is. But then he's a pass first PG.

Regardless, he's not a poor shooter. I have no clue where you got that from.

Rafer17
04-24-2011, 10:03 PM
1 Rose
2 CP3
3 DWill
4 Rondo
5 Westbrook
6 Nash

Sadds The Gr8
04-24-2011, 10:03 PM
he's right but what a stupid *** time to say it. he mad.

Bullsfan22
04-24-2011, 10:10 PM
Rondo has his faults but come on bitter much? News flash mike you'll never coach a championship team because of your horrible coaching philosophies. I'd be willing to bet Rondo understands the game more than him at this point of his career. what a complete joke of a coach he is.

I'm ****ing defending Rondo............................................. ........ ew

king4day
04-24-2011, 10:16 PM
Maybe this is why the Suns didn't give him a chance. Most Suns fans wanted to keep the pick and draft Rondo but that was never in the cards during the days of trading picks for money.

Duncan = Donkey
04-24-2011, 10:27 PM
I think Rondo is really overrated. His passing is def overrated, everytime I watch him his assists just come off made jumpshots. Cant wait till the big 3 arn't with him anymore.

redsox0717
04-24-2011, 10:28 PM
I think Rondo is really overrated. His passing is def overrated, everytime I watch him his assists just come off made jumpshots. Cant wait till the big 3 arn't with him anymore.

:laugh2:

JLynn943
04-24-2011, 10:35 PM

Yeah, I can't recall another player who has been so unbelievably over-hyped just because of the abilities of those around him. He would be nowhere near as highly regarded if there weren't so many more-than-capable players to make jump shots and take the scoring pressure off of him.

Still, he fits perfectly for that team and really is a good player (just not as great as Boston fans would have you believe). Can't blame him for capitalizing on a great situation.

JNA17
04-24-2011, 10:36 PM
i hate rondo as much if not more then anybody but Rondo is the 3rd best point guard in the league. And Mike D needs to STFU especially since his job is on the line.

Bruno
04-24-2011, 10:37 PM
Mr. Pringles needs to put a lid on it.
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/dining/reviews/blog/Pringles.jpg

SeoulBeatz
04-24-2011, 10:37 PM

although i disagree with this post, many props for being an inbetweeners fan. that show is ****ing hilarious

Duncan = Donkey
04-24-2011, 10:43 PM
:laugh2:

;)

Cubs Win
04-24-2011, 10:45 PM
Mr. Pringles needs to put a lid on it.
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/dining/reviews/blog/Pringles.jpg

Once you pop, you just can't stop! :shrug:

Ray_R
04-24-2011, 10:49 PM
So many people say that on PSD.

KnicksR4Real
04-24-2011, 10:50 PM
Over-rated!

Sportfan
04-24-2011, 10:51 PM
Huh :confused:, wtf are you talking about?

CP3's TS% is above average and sorting by PGs who've played 40+ games and 30+ minutes, CP3's is 6th.

http://www.hoopdata.com/advancedstats.aspx?team=%25&type=pg&posi=PG&yr=2011&gp=40&mins=30

That's pretty good. His TS% is better then Rose, Rondo and Westbrook's.

Now if you're talking mid-range game or 3 pointers, again, you're still wrong.

CP3 is shooting 42.3% from the 10-15 ft range which is above average (league average is 39.4%) and is shooting 45% from the 16-23 ft range which is also above league average (league average is 39.5%). Finally, on 3's, CP3's eFG% is 57.9% which is also above league average (league average is 53.9%).

The fact of the matter is that CP3 really doesn't have any weaknesses in his game. I suppose the one weakness he has is that he's not aggressive enough. He doesn't shoot enough considering how good of a shooter he is. But then he's a pass first PG.

Regardless, he's not a poor shooter. I have no clue where you got that from.
I was referring to his 3 point shooting
He's shooting them efficiently this year, but still only makes one a game and is a sub 36% 3 point shooter for his career. I never called him a bad shooter, but he's not near the level of Nash, Deron, Billups, Curry when it comes to shooting

Duncan = Donkey
04-24-2011, 11:01 PM
Rondo is on par with Goran Dragic , its just that Rondo plays more minutes. How people dont see this is beyond me, but its true. Most of you know this anyway but are too scared to speak up.

PatsSoxKnicks
04-24-2011, 11:03 PM
I was referring to his 3 point shooting
He's shooting them efficiently this year, but still only makes one a game and is a sub 36% 3 point shooter for his career. I never called him a bad shooter, but he's not near the level of Nash, Deron, Billups, Curry when it comes to shooting

Yeah, he doesn't shoot a lot of 3's but that doesn't mean he's not a good 3 point shooter. If you take a look at his career, he shot 28.2% in his rookie year from 3. Then 35%, then 36.9% then 36.4% but in his last 2 years, he's shot 40.9% last year and 38.8% this year. In that time, he's attempted 310 3-pointers, which is a reasonable amount (large enough sample size). So I think its safe to say he's improved his 3 point shooting to the point where its not really a weakness anymore.

Ironically, Paul's career 3 point % is actually better then Deron now (35.9% for Paul and 35.5% for Deron), mainly because of the last couple of years.

While Paul isn't a great 3 point shooter, I would hardly call it a weakness. He knows when to shoot it and shoots it efficiently. You can't ask for any more then that. He's also clearly improved his 3 point shot over his early years.

Also, using that same criteria I set earlier (40+ games, 30+ minutes), Paul is 6th in 3-point % for PGs this year. Last year, he was 5th. Between both years, I think its safe to say he's a pretty good 3 point shooter now.

ne3xchamps
04-24-2011, 11:09 PM

You sir, are a hater. stick with whatever they do down there in aussie country.

ne3xchamps
04-24-2011, 11:11 PM
Rondo is on par with Goran Dragic , its just that Rondo plays more minutes. How people dont see this is beyond me, but its true. Most of you know this anyway but are too scared to speak up.

:confused: why would anybody be scared to speak up on an internet sports forum?? you really are the poster child for a hater.

X12Celtics3
04-24-2011, 11:18 PM

Right, everybody is just terrified of speaking up. This makes perfect sense, because this is PSD where everybody conforms to the popular opinion just to avoid controversy and would never dare to state an opposing opinion for fear of being disagreed with... :rolleyes:

Im_Really_CHI
04-24-2011, 11:22 PM
replace rondo with the any of the "top 3" point guards and the celtics would be favorites to win it all

X12Celtics3
04-24-2011, 11:24 PM
replace rondo with the any of the "top 3" point guards and the celtics would be favorites to win it all

Although I don't think Rondo is in the top three (Rose/Williams/Paul are all better overall players), I think that Rondo is the best fit for the Celtics of all of the league's point guards. I don't think that replacing Rondo with any of them would make the team much better if at all.

bbd24
04-24-2011, 11:27 PM
Talk crap about Rondo if you need to, it's going to be fine.

Just know that in your lifetime, you have never and will never see a better ball handler, period.

Straight Nasty ball player.

BigBluN'Orange
04-24-2011, 11:30 PM
any team without a PG would benefit from rondo slightly, but if rondo is the main guy on a team.. where teams only have to slow him down, that team isn't going to do much... i also wan tto say that the celtics go as rondo goes, but without that talent around him, he wouldn't be putting up the numbers he put up this season, he'd be good, but not this great.... DON"T FORGET he is teammates with 3 hall of fame players... minny has no one

Maximis
04-24-2011, 11:34 PM
Hes a beast

ne3xchamps
04-24-2011, 11:34 PM

Just know that in your lifetime, you have never and will never see a better ball handler, period.

this. get em! :burn: haters!

hugepatsfan
04-24-2011, 11:35 PM
Although I don't think Rondo is in the top three (Rose/Williams/Paul are all better overall players), I think that Rondo is the best fit for the Celtics of all of the league's point guards. I don't think that replacing Rondo with any of them would make the team much better if at all.

Chris Paul would. I don't think Rose or D-Will would. They are better players, but fit has to be considered.

ne3xchamps
04-24-2011, 11:36 PM
any team without a PG would benefit from rondo slightly, but if rondo is the main guy on a team.. where teams only have to slow him down, that team isn't going to do much... i also wan tto say that the celtics go as rondo goes, but without that talent around him, he wouldn't be putting up the numbers he put up this season, he'd be good, but not this great.... DON"T FORGET he is teammates with 3 hall of fame players... minny has no one

this sounds like the tom brady haters... put him in a different system other than NE and he would be average. :facepalm: stop embarrassing yourself dude.

Sportfan
04-24-2011, 11:36 PM
Nah he's defitantly right about Paul, the conscious #1 PG in the league.

However I can't say the same about D-will or Rose, we might be a better regular season team but not playoff team, where we have so many scoring options and need someone to distribute the shots

Knickfansince97
04-24-2011, 11:41 PM

You can tell this is a celtic fan. hes perfect for boston but people absolutely overate him he cant shoot for his life. he can only pass to wide open players who can shoot.

ne3xchamps
04-24-2011, 11:53 PM
You can tell this is a celtic fan. hes perfect for boston but people absolutely overate him he cant shoot for his life. he can only pass to wide open players who can shoot.

wow. a sour NY fan. Imagine that. the definition of a "true" pg is to pass first, then shoot. I don't give a s-t that he can't shoot. but he manages the game, doesn't turn the ball over much, and gets his team involved. his teammates have those open shots because defenses collapse on him if he blows by his defender. he can score in the paint, just no jump shot. If he can ever become a better jump shooter.... look the F-K OUT!

king4day
04-25-2011, 12:01 AM

Nash

Duncan = Donkey
04-25-2011, 12:09 AM
Right, everybody is just terrified of speaking up. This makes perfect sense, because this is PSD where everybody conforms to the popular opinion just to avoid controversy and would never dare to state an opposing opinion for fear of being disagreed with... :rolleyes:

Exactly. Good too see a Boston fan agreeing with me.

xxplayerxx23
04-25-2011, 12:11 AM
What a loser. He isnt a good fit for Mike D because this loser only likes guys that shoots 3s. we can hope he gets fired. I mean rondo just destroyed the knicks in this series. Top 5 pg in the league. He has good talent around him and his statment may be true not sure but what an idiot for saying this at this time. Makes no sense. horrible coach

Il Mago50
04-25-2011, 12:13 AM
D'Antoni's just mad because Rondo just costed him his job lol

ne3xchamps
04-25-2011, 12:26 AM
Exactly. Good too see a Boston fan agreeing with me.

you aren't serious are you?

ne3xchamps
04-25-2011, 12:27 AM
What a loser. He isnt a good fit for Mike D because this loser only likes guys that shoots 3s. we can hope he gets fired. I mean rondo just destroyed the knicks in this series. Top 5 pg in the league. He has good talent around him and his statment may be true not sure but what an idiot for saying this at this time. Makes no sense. horrible coach

that would be one of the best things for you guys this offseason. A new coach that isn't an idiot and knows something about defensive basketball.

b@llhog24
04-25-2011, 12:41 AM
Well Mike is somewhat right but at the same time you can't worry about what ifs.

Rondo's talents are his speed, court vision and his uncanny ability to accumalate steals.

Also rondo impact is inflated due to the the players the Celtics have however, is that his fault that he ended up in a system that fits him no, but is it a reality, yes.

TheGiantYankee
04-25-2011, 12:43 AM
Rondo would be perfect for the Knicks, they need a PG that doesn't shoot.

D'Antoni isn't getting fired, he was the first head coach of the Knicks to have a winning season since 2000. It doesn't matter he is an absolute moron, he can live off this for at least another year.

Hangtime
04-25-2011, 12:48 AM
Rondo was put in a unique situation being surrounded by three veteran hall of famers. He was literally a perfect fit playing along side those guys. I don't think he has the same success playing with a sub 500 team. But I don't think its fair to knock him, he rose to the challenge and performed well. He is a pass first playmakin point guard and makes a bigger impact for Boston doing just that.

Mc Lovin
04-25-2011, 12:58 AM
Rondo and Love on the Wolves would probably do alright. Pink slip on it's way to D'Antoni probably as I type this.

Rondo would still rack up steals and rebounds. His assists would go down a little bit but his scoring would go up if he played with the Wolves. We saw what he could do when he had to against the Bulls in the playoffs 2 years ago when KG was injured. He was scoring at will. D'Antoni is just bitter because Rondo put on the best show the Madison Square Garden has seen in years.

Chest Rockwell
04-25-2011, 01:05 AM
It's a fair question I think. He was put in the perfect situation. I personally think he's a top PG, behind only Rose, CP3, and DWill. Him and Westbrook are neck and neck IMO.

PrettyBoyJ
04-25-2011, 01:16 AM
Rondo is a product of the big 3! once they retire Rondo ast. numbers might stay in the 8-9 area but one thing I notice about Rondo you cant rely on him to score.. Sure he'll give you 30 one game but can he avg. over 20 points in a season.. Sooner or later the Celtics are goin to want him to take on some of the scoring load which he wont be able to to do.. ppl look at his ast. numbers which is pretty good and all not being selfish dishing it out to your HOF's but when there gone who are you going to dish it to Big baby? More and more PG are coming in and avg. 20 ppg and 10 apg.. its only a matter of time until ppl realize Rondo is an imposter

totheights
04-25-2011, 01:18 AM
Rondo is a product of the big 3! once they retire Rondo ast. numbers might stay in the 8-9 area but one thing I notice about Rondo you cant rely on him to score.. Sure he'll give you 30 one game but can he avg. over 20 points in a season.. Sooner or later the Celtics are goin to want him to take on some of the scoring load which he wont be able to to do.. ppl look at his ast. numbers which is pretty good and all not being selfish dishing it out to your HOF's but when there gone who are you going to dish it to Big baby? More and more PG are coming in and avg. 20 ppg and 10 apg.. its only a matter of time until ppl realize Rondo is an imposter

Jealousy is an ugly color on you.

Hustlenomics
04-25-2011, 01:22 AM
great now the Bulls and Knicks fanbase hates Rondo

hugepatsfan
04-25-2011, 01:26 AM
Rondo was put in a unique situation being surrounded by three veteran hall of famers. He was literally a perfect fit playing along side those guys. I don't think he has the same success playing with a sub 500 team. But I don't think its fair to knock him, he rose to the challenge and performed well. He is a pass first playmakin point guard and makes a bigger impact for Boston doing just that.

No he wasn't. He is now, but he wasn't back then. BOS probably would have been better off w/ a PG that shoots the ball better in 08 while still providing plus defense. Rondo isn't a complimentary PG. He has to be the guy you run your offense through. If you ask him to play off ball, he is a bad offensive piece. W/ the ball in his hand, however, he is an offensive asset. That's the reason why Rondo's play has improved as the Big 3 have declined. As they become less in terms of being offensive focal points, Rondo is put in better position to utilize his talents.

E.O.21
04-25-2011, 01:30 AM
Wow what an idiot. Hes had good seasons because hes had good players. How about he coaches a bad team and lets see what he can do

hugepatsfan
04-25-2011, 01:31 AM

Why would BOS ask him to take on a primary scorer role? That's not Rondo's game. He will never average 20 ppg in a season. You don't have to average 20 to be a great player though.

If asked to, I think he could be a 15 point scorer over a season. If he's scoring much more than that over the course of a full season, he's probably hurting his team more than he is helping. He creates for others better than he does himself. Therfore, he should look to do that. Play to your strengths.

And who are these 20 and 10 PGs you speak of? I don't think anyone did it this year and I believe it's happened only a handful of time in recent history. You're talking out of your *** on that one.

latinofire21
04-25-2011, 01:34 AM
I agree with Dantoni. Doesnt make me a hater. Rondo is a product of what hes playing around. When he has to become the man in a few years hopefully he would have learned to shoot a jumpshot because as of right now he cant be the man on that Celtics team. Moving forward hes going to be around Green and possibly Big Baby if he doesnt leave via free agency. Theres a lot of what ifs for the Celtics for the next couple years.

Rondo keep doing your thing while it lasts because as soon as Pierce, KG, and Ray Ray hang them up, your going to be praying for Danny Ainge to trade a high potential chip and steal you some more superstars like he did with KG.

Real question is will McHale gift wrap him some more players from Minny? All that young talent I would laugh if they traded Love Beasly and Randolph to the Celtics for ****.

AIRMAR72
04-25-2011, 01:42 AM

kidd was better in the fastbreak offense (runing team) but rondo is a master in halfcourt setting and knows how play the ball of the glass and always pass a catchable ball kid was WORST at shooting the ball and look at kid now

KniCks4LiFe
04-25-2011, 01:46 AM
Did...ugh! I apologize for our incompetent coach to any Celtic or logical basketball fan out here. He's clearly delusional.

Dissing Rondo at this point, I can't believe I'm gonna say this, is like dissing a young Jason Kidd.

tonyd3b54
04-25-2011, 01:50 AM
wow..so i will be the first one to agree..this is just my opinion.
i havent checked the link yet but i agree he puts up great stats because of the players around him. he has the easiest job on the nba IMO.

if you watch game 2 where he racked up assist numbers, you will see that it was Allen who created havoc on thos off ball movement and KG with those screen and pin down down low following the pick he have set. and after you get caught up on those movements here comes pal pierce popping on the other side hitting a 3.

all rondo has to do is
1) stand un-guarded and wait for the play to happen (off ball movement) and pass the ball. EASY
2) push the ball. OK
3) defend, rebound, finish layups. GREAT

if you look closely #3 is what he only needs to exert effort on, everything else is easy..
he makes this team better and THE TEAM MAKES HIM.
he is a great pg on his own form but people overrate him because of STATS.
i agree that if you put him on other teams he would not be special
(For example replace Deron williams with Rondo..utah or nets)

idiot. im not even going to adress it. go watch a celtics game come back and pretend you actually know what youre talking about

PrettyBoyJ
04-25-2011, 02:05 AM
Why would BOS ask him to take on a primary scorer role? That's not Rondo's game. He will never average 20 ppg in a season. You don't have to average 20 to be a great player though.

If asked to, I think he could be a 15 point scorer over a season. If he's scoring much more than that over the course of a full season, he's probably hurting his team more than he is helping. He creates for others better than he does himself. Therfore, he should look to do that. Play to your strengths.

And who are these 20 and 10 PGs you speak of? I don't think anyone did it this year and I believe it's happened only a handful of time in recent history. You're talking out of your *** on that one.

Obviously they wouldnt ask him to be the primary scorer now.. but when the Big 3 retires who will the Celtics have left? Rondo would be there best player
And I know you dont have to avg. 20 be a great player (Steve Nash); But the point I'm trying to make is the growing trend will be PGs who can set up guys while still scoring themselves.. i.e C. Paul, D. Williams, D. Rose, R. Westbrook, J. Wall maybe even a guy like Stephen Curry in the future.. The NBA is a follow the trend league Rondo wont look so attractive when he's ask to take over a game with scoring.. Difference between Rondo and the PG mentioned above is that they can in the future pull out a season Avg. 20 & 10 Rondo imo isnt capable of that while remaining efficient..

And as far of the 20 & 10 pg for this year Deron Williams put those number this season, Deron Willams 19.4 10.7 in the 08-09 season

Chris Paul 22.8 and 11.0 in the 08-09 season, 21.1 and 11.7 in the 07-08 season

Raph12
04-25-2011, 02:13 AM

Not true, have you seen the Magic play the Hawks?

DaVille
04-25-2011, 03:05 AM
Haters gonna hate. We don't live in what ifs.

Rondo's has been Celtics MVP going strong for 3 years. He does his best best work in biggest games AKA playoffs. A true sign of a great player rising to the occasion. Rondo makes the game easier for everyone around him. Old post prime Big3 don't have to work as hard to get shots. KG & Ray are now primary spot-up shooters. Pierce is only one of the big3 can consistently create his shot. Even then Rondo sets up Paul Pierce a lot. Rondo is Celtics 2nd best rebounder behind KG. He is the best defensive PG in the NBA. He controls the tempo. Can run a up-temo offensive or half court sets to perfection. Rondo makes Celtics GO on a team riddled with old players. Heck Jermaine O'neal has a pulse now that he is a Celtics. ShaQuille O'neal was getting wide up layups because of Rondo................ I could go one and on. Keep hating though.

knickfan33
04-25-2011, 03:19 AM
i think d'antoni was eluding to the fact of seeing rondo surounded by young players.... i don't think he's trying to diss him.... what he is saying is true.... all his teamates are great shooters...

WHODAT8o8
04-25-2011, 03:31 AM

He carried them past the bulls averaging a triple double without kg

John Walls Era
04-25-2011, 03:39 AM

No one said anything about Westbrook.

sargon21
04-25-2011, 03:40 AM
Meet downtown so I can knock some sense into you.

Are you serious? Nash would absolutely do work with that C's team.
Give Nash that roster and they are easily in the Finals year after year.

Nash>>>>Rondo.

checkit
04-25-2011, 03:41 AM
by the way D'Antoni's argument is quite outdated now seeing Rondo's statline during this series. Only casual and unintelligent fans use this anachronistic argument. Funny thing is that this is probably the main reason the Knicks didn't win one game in this series. Smart coaches like Phil Jackson and Thibideou and even Spo know that you have to effectively limit Rondo to take the C's out of rhythm. D'antoni's ignorant and lack of respect for Rondo's game was the reason the Knicks got swept. Real talk.

NetsPaint
04-25-2011, 04:11 AM
Anthony Carter did a great job on Rondo. The only who tried to defend.

Rondo's a good player, but he had it relatively easy this series. The defense on him was horrible. D'Antoni NEVER blames anything on himself.

ilovemyangel
04-25-2011, 04:14 AM
Obviously they wouldnt ask him to be the primary scorer now.. but when the Big 3 retires who will the Celtics have left? Rondo would be there best player
And I know you dont have to avg. 20 be a great player (Steve Nash); But the point I'm trying to make is the growing trend will be PGs who can set up guys while still scoring themselves.. i.e C. Paul, D. Williams, D. Rose, R. Westbrook, J. Wall maybe even a guy like Stephen Curry in the future.. The NBA is a follow the trend league Rondo wont look so attractive when he's ask to take over a game with scoring.. Difference between Rondo and the PG mentioned above is that they can in the future pull out a season Avg. 20 & 10 Rondo imo isnt capable of that while remaining efficient..

And as far of the 20 & 10 pg for this year Deron Williams put those number this season, Deron Willams 19.4 10.7 in the 08-09 season

Would Shaq not look attractive among shooting big men like Nowitzki and Bargnani? Truth is, their games are different and you are to live with that.

ellesmeire
04-25-2011, 04:56 AM
just a small little point...rondo did carry them past rose w/o KG...but rose was a fricking rookie lol

there is no doubt that rondo is awesome, but rose is just the better player, not a big thing...they both are top PG's

ellesmeire
04-25-2011, 04:56 AM
cp3
rose/dwill
rondo
westbrook

DaVille
04-25-2011, 05:33 AM

Nash>>>>Rondo.

I wonder if you people watch the NBA or simply look at the Stats. Steve Nash would make the Celtics worse. Nash plays only 50% of the court. Basketball is a two way sport, Steve Nash is a one way players. Steve Nash can't defend a fly for crying out loud. Steve Nash had a championship worthy roster in the past. Its a cliche, but DEFENSE wins champions. Run & Gun offense is entertaining in regular season, but its a failure in post-season especially when your PG can't defend.

NBAnews
04-25-2011, 05:45 AM
non sapremo mai grazie a kevin mchale non solo donare i kg ma non esigente rondo.
Rispondi con citazione

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

NBA Cheerleaders (http://www.nba-lover.com)
NBA News (http://www.nba-lover.com)
NBA Stars (http://www.nba-lover.com/)

DitchDat
04-25-2011, 06:00 AM
In 2007-08, Pierce, KG and Ray made Rondo's job easier.

The past few years, Rondo has been the one to keep it going. Does it help having 3 future HOF'ers around you? Sure. Did Rondo elevate his game to the point he's probably a top-5 PG in the league? YES. D'Antoni is just mad that the "old" Celtics are the first team to, at his expense, advance to the second round.

PrettyBoyJ
04-25-2011, 06:16 AM
Would Shaq not look attractive among shooting big men like Nowitzki and Bargnani? Truth is, their games are different and you are to live with that.

That is why Shaq is on another level compared to those 2.. There styles are different but they all can score.. Rondo not so much

Lil Rhody
04-25-2011, 06:18 AM
ahahahah 8-0 this year against the knicks and here comes all the haters riding in on D roses dick

bagwell368
04-25-2011, 08:40 AM
sour grapes by a guy that will be a career Asst Coach

rufo4100
04-25-2011, 09:15 AM

Agreed.

magichatnumber9
04-25-2011, 09:34 AM
20 years from now people will still be talking about Rondo.

psperry34116
04-25-2011, 09:46 AM
This makes me wonder why ******** people are allowed to coach in the NBA.

Hustlenomics
04-25-2011, 09:47 AM

Nash>>>>Rondo.

that's why Nash has never made a finals appearance with stacked teams oh and neither has your boy Rose

corky831
04-25-2011, 09:55 AM
Rondo plays great defense, and he collapses the other teams defense when he drives to the hole, creating open looks on the perimeter. He has great court vision to find those open players too. His free throws are awful, but his outside shooting has improved. His ball handling skills are tremendous and he can get to the basket with ease. Never seen anyone that gets more lay-ups then rondo when he does the fake pass behind the back when driving to the hoop. He tends to make dumb passes at times, maybe too pass happy, or trying to be overly aggressive. He averages close to a triple double I believe in the post season which is tremendous. If he didn't play with the big 3, I actually believe his PPG would be higher, would probably be a 17 PPG 8 APG guy....main thing I love about him: HE IS A WINNER! Definitely top 5 PG in the league. He is my favorite player on the celts, and if he was your PG, I'm sure you'd feel the same way.

Ecko72jc
04-25-2011, 10:01 AM
Rondo's numbers have increased as the big three continue to age.

And lmao at all the Rose fans in this thread:facepalm:

MCSJR2
04-25-2011, 10:04 AM
Rondo killed us..plain and simple...has he benefitted from playing alongside the big 3??...of course...but it's not like he's some slouch that got lucky to be on that team...he's contributed and has quietly become the leader...and when that team plays well...Rondo definitely was the reason behind the success

hugepatsfan
04-25-2011, 10:07 AM

CP3, WIlliams, Rose, and Westbrook are better IMO. Curry and Wall are not, but they have the potential to be. All of them have higher ceilings than Rondo. That's why they were all top 10 picks and Rondo went 21 (I think). They may not live up to that potential, but they definately have higher ceilings.

No one ever said that Rondo is going to be the best PG in the NBA. But he's not going to turn into a puddle when the big 3 leaves. He is an awesome defender - that won't change. He has tremendous court vision - that won't change. His passing ability is phenonominal - that won't change. He has a high basketball IQ - that won't change.

Rondo creates open shots for teamates. His assist numbers will be fine when the Big 3 leave. He will have to pick up a more of a scoring role, so his FG% probably drops a bit (down to 45%ish IMO) and his PPG rise to 15 or so. He's still going to be a great player. I don't think he can be the #1 player on a championship team though.

Piercefan34
04-25-2011, 10:16 AM
Rondo is a top 3 PG in the league. top 3 POINT GUARD, Rose, westbrook and paul are much better PLAYERS but when it comes to the position and what it entails rajon fits it perfectly. rose westbrook and paul are great scorers but none are even close to the passer rajon is

millerandco
04-25-2011, 10:18 AM
how can d'antoni talk when rondo drops 20 assists on his team...?

mikealike305
04-25-2011, 10:21 AM
Rondo is a top 3 PG in the league. top 3 POINT GUARD, Rose, westbrook and paul are much better PLAYERS but when it comes to the position and what it entails rajon fits it perfectly. rose westbrook and paul are great scorers but none are even close to the passer rajon is

this. rondo will never be the scorer that rose or paul is but rondo is the better passer. imo rondo is the best pure PG in the NBA

mikealike305
04-25-2011, 10:23 AM
this is a classic case of "winning builds character, losing exposes it"

ne3xchamps
04-25-2011, 10:33 AM

oh just cut the s-t. If the knicks had rondo on their team, they may have one the series. all this hating on rondo, but I guarantee anybody wouldn't mind having rondo on their team. unless you already have cp3, dwill, westbrook, or drose.

ne3xchamps
04-25-2011, 10:34 AM
this is a classic case of "winning builds character, losing exposes it"

this.

KnickFanSince91
04-25-2011, 10:49 AM
Just goes to show you how much of an idiot Pringles really is. Let this ******* coach the Wolves and let's see how many wins he can pull out.

JonnyBrav000
04-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Rondo is a really good player, but he is also very lucky to be on a team like the Celtics. Good passer but overrated in that category because if Chris Paul were on the celtics passing to KG, Allen and Pierce he would probably break records and average 14 or 15 assist per game. Rondo is good, but he is not the younger version of Jason Kidd who could carry a team on his overall ability.

There are several teams Rondo would not be a starter on. He was not good enough to make TEAM USA this past year, remember that. To say the Timberwolves would be a playoff team with Rondo is hilarious, sorry wouldn't happen that team is a joke right now and need more than defense.

Currently there are 6 PG's who are better without a doubt.

1- Chris Paul
2- Derrick Rose
3- Darren Williams
4- Russel Westbrook
5- Tony Parker
6- Steve Nash

If Rondo was not a celtic, (best case scenario) he would probably be the 10th best Point guard because he is a great defender and passer, however his game is elevated by those around him and without a really good supporting cast, every part of his game would drop off because he does not score enough to play the minutes he does with the Celtics. He needs several scorers around him, which is what allows Rondo to play to the best of his abilities.

This is a list of players who would be better than Rondo on the Celtics or any team for that matter. As a matter of fact, if Rondo was to switch places with any of these 3 players, all three teams would be worse.

- John Wall (Wizards)
- Jrue Holiday (Sixers)
- Ty Lawson (Nuggets)

I think D'Antoni statements are a little out of line, but that doesn't mean what he said wasn't true.

Greet
04-25-2011, 10:57 AM
Antoni doesn't know anything about players like Rondo, he plays D's.

JonnyBrav000
04-25-2011, 11:00 AM
oh just cut the s-t. If the knicks had rondo on their team, they may have one the series. all this hating on rondo, but I guarantee anybody wouldn't mind having rondo on their team. unless you already have cp3, dwill, westbrook, or drose.

...Or Tony Parker or Steve Nash or Jrue Holiday or John Wall or Ty Lawson... You forgot those guys.

mikealike305
04-25-2011, 11:05 AM
...Or Tony Parker or Steve Nash or Jrue Holiday or John Wall or Ty Lawson... You forgot those guys.

id take rondo over all those guys u named. rondo makes things happen and has amazing vision. not only does he have pin point passing he has great timing. steve nash is the only guy u named id consider over rondo. and even that im on the fence

JonnyBrav000
04-25-2011, 11:10 AM
this. rondo will never be the scorer that rose or paul is but rondo is the better passer. imo rondo is the best pure PG in the NBA

LOL. Seriously???? This is Hilarious. How is Rondo a better passer than CP3??? How? Rondo is a very good PG, but understand how the Celtics fit him perfectly. He can pass anywhere on the court and get an assist.

Ray Allen - Best 3point shooter in the league, can hit the mid range shot

Paul Pierce - Can shoot the mid-range shot, can hit 3's

Kevin Garnett- Can shoot inside and hit the mid range shot

Rondo has great handle and passing ability but he can literally pass the ball anywhere and get an assist. It's not because he is a great passer like J.Kidd or Magic. it's because he passes the ball and the BIG 3 can make almost any shot. You have to be kidding me guy. CP3 does much more with less and so does Darren Williams. Stop looking at stats, stats never tell the whole story. Rondo is not as good as you think he is, not a top 3 point guard, he is not a top 5 point guard, he is arguably 6 or 7th best, but there are also other players that are better than him, they just don't have the right situation yet.

sep11ie
04-25-2011, 11:12 AM
He improved his jump shot? lol. He still is one of the worst shooters in the league. Also, his FG% went down 3% since last year.

Jack_Meoff
04-25-2011, 11:42 AM
honestly, D'Antoni needs to STFU... I love the Knicks and hate Boston, but the writing is on the wall, Rondo going in transition KILLED US!!! D'Antoni had no answers for Rondo all series and did a poor job of preparing his team/keeping them motivated. Games 3 and 4 were pathetic, mike D, laid an egg and Rondo make an Omlette.

Watching this series showed me the difference between having a coach like Doc Rivers and a coach like Mike D.

corky831
04-25-2011, 11:57 AM

This. Some have to understand the position of PG.

checkit
04-25-2011, 12:01 PM
LOL. Seriously???? This is Hilarious. How is Rondo a better passer than CP3??? How? Rondo is a very good PG, but understand how the Celtics fit him perfectly. He can pass anywhere on the court and get an assist.

Rondo has great handle and passing ability but he can literally pass the ball anywhere and get an assist. It's not because he is a great passer like J.Kidd or Magic. it's because he passes the ball and the BIG 3 can make almost any shot. You have to be kidding me guy. CP3 does much more with less and so does Darren Williams. Stop looking at stats, stats never tell the whole story. Rondo is not as good as you think he is, not a top 3 point guard, he is not a top 5 point guard, he is arguably 6 or 7th best, but there are also other players that are better than him, they just don't have the right situation yet.

this post is full of fail. explain why then he steps his game up considerably in the playoffs and can drop 30 points on your team without the help of his teammates. your argument is so outdated. he is easily a top 5 pg guard due to his passing, play calling, court vision, and defense alone. but of course you only think scoring is what a player is supposed to do, point guards facilitate and he is the best in the business at doing that.

manny620
04-25-2011, 12:17 PM
Rondo and Paul are the top point guards in the NBA Mike D is a ****** and hes talking out his ***.

bbd24
04-25-2011, 12:18 PM

I don't think it has to do with being a Celtic fan or not. Bottom line, his handles allow him to do damage. Nobody has the handle on that basketball like him. In traffic, baseline, in the paint, open court, you name it. Its straight nasty.

You can say its overrating him, but I say its the truth. I think a bunch of GM's or NBA scouts would agree with me. I don't need your approval.

bbd24
04-25-2011, 12:24 PM
Nash

Nash is a better overall player, yes. Ball handler, No. Nash is good though. Rondo's extra special. His big hands allow him to control that ball like no other. His speed goes along with it. He can motor up and down the court faster than a Nash while dribbling circles around you. Its just a few of the things that set him apart from most point guards.

Handles
Speed
Smarts

X12Celtics3
04-25-2011, 12:34 PM
Rondo is a really good player, but he is also very lucky to be on a team like the Celtics. Good passer but overrated in that category because if Chris Paul were on the celtics passing to KG, Allen and Pierce he would probably break records and average 14 or 15 assist per game. Rondo is good, but he is not the younger version of Jason Kidd who could carry a team on his overall ability.

There are several teams Rondo would not be a starter on. He was not good enough to make TEAM USA this past year, remember that. To say the Timberwolves would be a playoff team with Rondo is hilarious, sorry wouldn't happen that team is a joke right now and need more than defense.

Currently there are 6 PG's who are better without a doubt.

1- Chris Paul
2- Derrick Rose
3- Darren Williams
4- Russel Westbrook
5- Tony Parker
6- Steve Nash

If Rondo was not a celtic, (best case scenario) he would probably be the 10th best Point guard because he is a great defender and passer, however his game is elevated by those around him and without a really good supporting cast, every part of his game would drop off because he does not score enough to play the minutes he does with the Celtics. He needs several scorers around him, which is what allows Rondo to play to the best of his abilities.

This is a list of players who would be better than Rondo on the Celtics or any team for that matter. As a matter of fact, if Rondo was to switch places with any of these 3 players, all three teams would be worse.

- John Wall (Wizards)
- Jrue Holiday (Sixers)
- Ty Lawson (Nuggets)

I think D'Antoni statements are a little out of line, but that doesn't mean what he said wasn't true.

This post is so ridiculous that I don't even know what to say. Paul, Rose, and Williams are all better than Rondo, and Westbrook is debatable although I personally would say that he and Rondo are roughly equal. However, Parker and Nash aren't even remotely close to being as good as Rondo, and those two are significantly better than Wall/Holiday/Lawson.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
04-25-2011, 12:47 PM
1 Rose
2 CP3
3 DWill
4 Rondo
5 Westbrook
6 Nash

Rondo has his faults but come on bitter much? News flash mike you'll never coach a championship team because of your horrible coaching philosophies. I'd be willing to bet Rondo understands the game more than him at this point of his career. what a complete joke of a coach he is.

I'm ****ing defending Rondo............................................. ........ ew

lol

lotta people already have them as favorites to will in all

that's why Nash has never made a finals appearance with stacked teams oh and neither has your boy Rose

this.

i personally think that a PG who shoots FTs at 50% cannot be considered in the top 5 convo, especially when you have players like Rose, CP3, DWill, Nash and Westbrook

Rondo is my favorite PG because IMHO he plays the hardest on both sides of th floor.

Also, i love how the same people who say the the Celts cant win it all because of the Big 3 being old and on declines, but then when we are discussing Rondos assist the Big 3 suddenly return into their prime.

ne3xchamps
04-25-2011, 01:05 PM

parker is older, nash is older, lawson and holiday I would replace with rondo. You got me on wall. Although wall hasn't proved s-t yet. If you say you wouldn't replace parker and nash with rondo, who is only like 23 i think, then you are crazy. I don't even know why you brought lawson and holiday into the conversation. That's just the haterade talking.

ne3xchamps
04-25-2011, 01:07 PM
this post is full of fail. explain why then he steps his game up considerably in the playoffs and can drop 30 points on your team without the help of his teammates. your argument is so outdated. he is easily a top 5 pg guard due to his passing, play calling, court vision, and defense alone. but of course you only think scoring is what a player is supposed to do, point guards facilitate and he is the best in the business at doing that.

this.

ne3xchamps
04-25-2011, 01:14 PM

You are just like D'Antoni. dillusional and mad that rondo handed you guys your a--s the last 2 games. You would love to have rondo on your team. its ok you can admit. I won't mind if you jump on the bandwagon.:p

smith&wesson
04-25-2011, 01:19 PM
rondo and allen are the two best players on Boston. rondo is a great player. im not a big fan of his, but he has my respect. dantoni on the other hand is a waste of time, the knicks need a new coach.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
04-25-2011, 01:20 PM
rondo is a flat out beast...i mean sure somtimes he is off his game and has an off night but so will every other player in the nba.

dont get me wrong..it helps when u have KG the truth and ray ray...but without rondo the celtics would be worse.

king4day
04-25-2011, 01:24 PM
Nash is a better overall player, yes. Ball handler, No. Nash is good though. Rondo's extra special. His big hands allow him to control that ball like no other. His speed goes along with it. He can motor up and down the court faster than a Nash while dribbling circles around you. Its just a few of the things that set him apart from most point guards.

Handles
Speed
Smarts

Ahh, I was defining Ball handler as passer. Could be seen in different ways.
I don't watch Rondo enough to know how he does the other things but won't can't argue your points.

Super.
04-25-2011, 01:31 PM
To anyone who says he can't shoot jumpers.

You obviously didn't watch the Knicks series

bbd24
04-25-2011, 01:50 PM
To anyone who says he can't shoot jumpers.

You obviously didn't watch the Knicks series

For me, I don't even think it boils down to 'shooting jumpers'. Thats not his game. He doesn't need it to be. He's quick enough to blow by you and can either finish 5 ft in, or has the smarts to dump it over to the open man. Pick your poison sort of speak.

Lay off of him if you want, he's still finding a way to get to the rim. It doesn't matter. His handles and speed allow him to do damage no matter how you play him.

There is a reason he's always at the top in FG% for guards. That reason isn't because he's hitting from the outside, rather, he's getting by you and laying it up and in for an easy 2.

psperry34116
04-25-2011, 03:27 PM
Rajon rondo has had 3 20 assist triple doubles in one season. Magic johnson has three in his career.

Greet
04-25-2011, 03:33 PM
If Rondo developed a jump-shot he would be the best PG in the NBA.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-25-2011, 03:42 PM

Exactly what I was thinkin... Or when Phil calls someone out he's a "genuis"

knicks4life33
04-25-2011, 09:27 PM

Rondo top 3 point guard in the league ?? Slow down there buddy cause I can name derrick rose , chris paul and derron william and I take all of them over Rondo in a second.

goose15
04-25-2011, 09:43 PM
gross title

DodgerBulls
04-25-2011, 10:09 PM
gross title

Would you rather replace "on" with "in"??

KnicksR4Real
04-25-2011, 10:32 PM
gross title

funny kid right here, funny kid indeed

NetsPaint
04-26-2011, 12:10 AM
When Steve Nash gets other players and a coach a bigger contract and players bigger stats then they'd ever dream of then get back at me. Can't believe people have said Rondo is better than him. Maybe his defense isn't as good as Rondo's, but Rondo isn't even in the same universe as a passer and shooter.

Nash averaged more assists than him this season without a contending team.

Oh yeah, but Rondo has amazing lock down D and Nash is blown past every single possession when he's guarding.

I'm not a "hater", I just don't look at stat sheets to determine how good a player is.

Mc Lovin
04-26-2011, 12:40 AM
Rondo had three 20 assists triple-doubles in one season. He did it against the Spurs with 23 assists, and did it against the Knicks again the third game of the season with 24 assists. Magic Johnson played with superstars and had only 3 20 assist triple-doubles in his entire career. Rondo did it 3 times in one season.

BULLSFAN0810
04-26-2011, 01:12 AM
OMG...did i read some1 compare Rondo to Magic? yeah Magic had 3 20 ast games in his whole life vs Rondos in 1 yr,but Micheal Adams dropped 60......Whos Micheal Adams exactly! same thing as i say bout Rondo . Rondo was there with PP, he wasnt on **** then prior to KG and Allen. the 1st ship Rondo wasnt primary ballhandler.....so basically they won despite him. Rondo is a pure Pg,hes great fit for celtics,but theres is a reason he couldnt/didnt play in olympics over Rose Westbrook, Gordon who is 6'3 , Billups who is old...hes not that good as ppl think....great team player but hes not all that...id have 20 10 reb ast if i was passing to Allen the best shooter in history, and Pierce a great scorer and KG getting double when a shot goes up with Perk crashing hard. he has great intangibles,but that bout it.

hugepatsfan
04-26-2011, 01:25 AM
Ray and Pierce set career highs in FG% this season. That tells you all you need to know about whether Rondo helps the Big 3 or not. Pierce and Ray are as old as they have ever been. In theory, both should be declining. Yet they are shooting better because of the looks Rondo creates for them.

BULLSFAN0810
04-26-2011, 01:37 AM
Ray and Pierce set career highs in FG% this season. That tells you all you need to know about whether Rondo helps the Big 3 or not. Pierce and Ray are as old as they have ever been. In theory, both should be declining. Yet they are shooting better because of the looks Rondo creates for them.

crafty vets still can think and play all rondo does is set it up Rondo helps take away burden of them scoring on there own as much...its not like hes Nash or CP3 Those guy make bums look good..thats the diffrence...lvl of talent

NetsPaint
04-26-2011, 02:04 AM
As he should with the speed he has. Not comparing Nate and Rondo, but Nate Robinson was huge in games with the Celtics and Knicks, difference is when he was with the Celtics, they were contenders. I'm really not knocking Rondo, but he gets those assists by not trying to score (which is good obviously) and passing to three guys who are great shooters (yes, I do consider Pierce and Garnett great shooters).

He fits great with the team and I understand why they gave him a nice contract, but he's not making average players look better.

WHODAT8o8
04-26-2011, 02:48 AM
OMG...did i read some1 compare Rondo to Magic? yeah Magic had 3 20 ast games in his whole life vs Rondos in 1 yr,but Micheal Adams dropped 60......Whos Micheal Adams exactly! same thing as i say bout Rondo . Rondo was there with PP, he wasnt on **** then prior to KG and Allen. the 1st ship Rondo wasnt primary ballhandler.....so basically they won despite him. Rondo is a pure Pg,hes great fit for celtics,but theres is a reason he couldnt/didnt play in olympics over Rose Westbrook, Gordon who is 6'3 , Billups who is old...hes not that good as ppl think....great team player but hes not all that...id have 20 10 reb ast if i was passing to Allen the best shooter in history, and Pierce a great scorer and KG getting double when a shot goes up with Perk crashing hard. he has great intangibles,but that bout it.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

your 10 year old muscles wouldnt have the strength to throw the ball that far, you would get the ball stolen to easy dribbling up court, and you would probably bog out after 2 possessions. GTFO kid

sunsfan88
04-26-2011, 03:04 AM
Funny D'Antoni would have actually been Rondo's coach had we not traded him (because we had nash) and not fired D'Antoni.

sunsfan88
04-26-2011, 03:07 AM

Lol no thats going overboard.

He cant make the Bucks or Cavs playoff teams.

Ecko72jc
04-26-2011, 09:54 AM

LMAO at this Rose fan. Did you know Rose was benched for Westbrook in those WC games? And lmao at that meaning anything. The team was more stacked than his current squad.

Rondos stat line for the championship game in his second year

21 points 8 assists 7 rebounds 6 steals in the clinching game of the 2008 NBA Finals..

As for the bold..... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Heater4life
04-26-2011, 10:09 AM
Rondo is a great passer and finishing at the basket. In my opinion he isnt a top 5 PG until he can make people at least respect his jump shot. When opposing PGs are sagging to the free throw line daring you to shoot theres an obvious deficiency in your game. Regardless, he is still very good.

Ecko72jc
04-26-2011, 10:16 AM
Rondo is a great passer and finishing at the basket. In my opinion he isnt a top 5 PG until he can make people at least respect his jump shot. When opposing PGs are sagging to the free throw line daring you to shoot theres an obvious deficiency in your game. Regardless, he is still very good.

Right now he is averaging 19-7-12 while hitting the majority of his jump shots.
Rondo has been shooting 43% from 15 to 20 feet all season.

The Final Boss
04-26-2011, 10:32 AM
Rondo is overrated, no doubt. But he does enough to look good. IMO he'll be a scrub without Pierce and Allen.

Ecko72jc
04-26-2011, 10:52 AM
Rondo is overrated, no doubt. But he does enough to look good. IMO he'll be a scrub without Pierce and Allen.

I am glad you didn't mention KG because without him he averaged a triple double for a whole playoffs series.

ne3xchamps
04-26-2011, 11:01 AM
When Steve Nash gets other players and a coach a bigger contract and players bigger stats then they'd ever dream of then get back at me. Can't believe people have said Rondo is better than him. Maybe his defense isn't as good as Rondo's, but Rondo isn't even in the same universe as a passer and shooter.

Nash averaged more assists than him this season without a contending team.

Oh yeah, but Rondo has amazing lock down D and Nash is blown past every single possession when he's guarding.

I'm not a "hater", I just don't look at stat sheets to determine how good a player is.

once again, I will break it down for you simpletons. A true pg isn't suppose to chuck the ball up 15-20 games and shoot a high percentage. yes it would be a plus, but if you get your teammates open looks and manage the game with the right plays, then you are a top tier pg. Oh not to mention the guy rebounds like he is a PF half the time.

ne3xchamps
04-26-2011, 11:03 AM
Rondo had three 20 assists triple-doubles in one season. He did it against the Spurs with 23 assists, and did it against the Knicks again the third game of the season with 24 assists. Magic Johnson played with superstars and had only 3 20 assist triple-doubles in his entire career. Rondo did it 3 times in one season.

this.

sep11ie
04-26-2011, 11:49 AM
LMAO at this Rose fan. Did you know Rose was benched for Westbrook in those WC games? And lmao at that meaning anything. The team was more stacked than his current squad.

21 points 8 assists 7 rebounds 6 steals in the clinching game of the 2008 NBA Finals..

Wasn't Rondo left off that team?

Tony_Starks
04-26-2011, 02:56 PM
For once in his life D'Antoni was right. On a normal team Rondo would just be average, possibly below average.

He puts up numbers for two reasons: playing with hall of famers, and the fact that NOBODY defends him. He's probably the least defended player in the NBA. People just back 10 feet off of him and let him do whatever he wants, its a big joke.....

Super.
04-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Since Rondo has been a member of the Boston Celtics, their winning percentage has been higher with him on the court than not.

Including the '07 campaign. All of the statistics were better with Rondo on the court than another player

mikealike305
04-26-2011, 03:22 PM
For once in his life D'Antoni was right. On a normal team Rondo would just be average, possibly below average.

He puts up numbers for two reasons: playing with hall of famers, and the fact that NOBODY defends him. He's probably the least defended player in the NBA. People just back 10 feet off of him and let him do whatever he wants, its a big joke.....

so this is why he puts up 20 assists??.... really???
i'll give u that playing with guys like allen and "the truth" is going to help boost anyones stats, but numbers like that? c'mon man.
why doesnt mario chalmers or bibby get 20 assist per game? ever? mario is playing with future HOFers to right? that means he should be averaging atleast 10 APG.
i agree that rondos numbers would drop if he wasnt on the celtics, thats pretty obvious. but to say that hes just average or even below average? now thats just crazy

checkit
04-26-2011, 03:29 PM

No...your post is a joke. I don't care if you don't like Rondo's game, but back it up with basketball knowledge. You sound ignorant.

PatsSoxKnicks
04-26-2011, 03:36 PM
Since Rondo has been a member of the Boston Celtics, their winning percentage has been higher with him on the court than not.

Including the '07 campaign. All of the statistics were better with Rondo on the court than another player

Well that's sort of obvious isn't it? ;)

I mean its not like his replacement is going to be better then him, so obviously the Celts numbers are going to be better with him on the court vs. off the court.

I still think Garnett is the most valuable Celtic, especially considering what he brings defensively. I think Pierce is right after him. Of course, thats not really a knock on Rondo since those guys are very good. (Speaking of on-off court numbers, Garnett and Pierce were #1 and 2 in the NBA in Net on-off plus-minus, which admittedly is a pretty useless stat.)

Looking at win shares, Rondo's 4th on the team. Although, I do think he's more valuable then Ray.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-26-2011, 03:39 PM
Right now he is averaging 19-7-12 while hitting the majority of his jump shots.
Rondo has been shooting 43% from 15 to 20 feet all season.

I wish we could know what % of those were even contested. My guess is that a majority of those 15-20 foot jumpshots were taken because he was wide open.

the_watcher
04-26-2011, 03:41 PM
As a Timberwolves fan... I'd like to see him play here too :p

Pierzynski4Prez
04-26-2011, 03:44 PM
i'll give u that playing with guys like allen and "the truth" is going to help boost anyones stats, but numbers like that? c'mon man.
why doesnt mario chalmers or bibby get 20 assist per game? ever? mario is playing with future HOFers to right? that means he should be averaging atleast 10 APG.
i agree that rondos numbers would drop if he wasnt on the celtics, thats pretty obvious. but to say that hes just average or even below average? now thats just crazy

Assists depend on other players as we all know. I think any pass-first PG starting on the C's could easily get 8-10 dimes a game due to Allen, Pierce, and KG's ability to shoot the outside shot, all other abilities aside. Ray Ray alone accounts for a few per game himself with his ability to come off the screen and hit jumpshots.

But you ask why other's don't get 20 APG ever? Probably because every other PG will finish their layups when wide open, where as Rondo would prefer to dish it to anyone else in the vicinity. You have to admit that he does this multiple times every game, where he chooses to get an assist over put the ball in the hoop himself, even on very high % shots.

Tony_Starks
04-26-2011, 03:47 PM

Mario Chalmers doesn't do it because people actually defend him with normal defense. People literally don't gaurd Rondo. They're playing so far off of him that all the passing lanes are open. Then when he shoots they don't even put a hand up. He's like a free man out there.

checkit
04-26-2011, 03:49 PM
Mario Chalmers doesn't do it because people actually defend him with normal defense. People literally don't gaurd Rondo. They're playing so far off of him that all the passing lanes are open. Then when he shoots they don't even put a hand up. He's like a free man out there.

Log off! Seriously all of your points have been debunked in this thread. Reading is fundamental.

Tony_Starks
04-26-2011, 03:51 PM
No...your post is a joke. I don't care if you don't like Rondo's game, but back it up with basketball knowledge. You sound ignorant.

This coming from a Celtic fan.... shocker. Ok since you have so much "basketball knowledge" can you really sit there with a straight face and say people defend Rondo normally? Thats the joke. You seriously don't think the fact that nobody is near him all night and he's passing to a team full of guys that can finish plays has anything to do with his production?

Don't be a homer dude its not a good look!

RaffyBoy
04-26-2011, 03:52 PM
look at chalmers, he has a lot of talent out there.. and hes not putting up the numbers.. hes just upset cause he had douglas running the show

mikealike305
04-26-2011, 03:54 PM
Assists depend on other players as we all know. I think any pass-first PG starting on the C's could easily get 8-10 dimes a game due to Allen, Pierce, and KG's ability to shoot the outside shot, all other abilities aside. Ray Ray alone accounts for a few per game himself with his ability to come off the screen and hit jumpshots.

But you ask why other's don't get 20 APG ever? Probably because every other PG will finish their layups when wide open, where as Rondo would prefer to dish it to anyone else in the vicinity. You have to admit that he does this multiple times every game, where he chooses to get an assist over put the ball in the hoop himself, even on very high % shots.

yes i agree and once again i am not denying that because of hus cast, his assist numbers are increased. of couse. its like saying (sorry if your not a huge football fan) the only reason payton manning throws so many TDs is because reggie wayne, is his WR and he has a great O-line. get me? its just a bad argument. i would understand if rondos avg was around 7 apg and he never went higher then 12 assist in one game. then u have a good argument. but when the guy gets 12 apg, and has what? 3 20+ assist games this year alone? some credit has to be given to his cast (hell give most credit to his cast if it makes u happy) but u gotta give him some credit as well

checkit
04-26-2011, 03:55 PM
This coming from a Celtic fan.... shocker. Ok since you have so much "basketball knowledge" can you really sit there with a straight face and say people defend Rondo normally? Thats the joke. You seriously don't think the fact that nobody is near him all night and he's passing to a team full of guys that can finish plays has anything to do with his production?

Don't be a homer dude its not a good look!

Who cares your a Celtic fan? We have some of the worst fans. No Joke. He is defended off the perimeter, not closely, but still he is defended. No team wants him to penetrate. Like I said, I don't care if you don't like his game, it ain't for everybody. But just acting like he has absolutely no talent, is foolish on your part and just plain hating.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-26-2011, 03:55 PM
look at chalmers, he has a lot of talent out there.. and hes not putting up the numbers.. hes just upset cause he had douglas running the show

Chalmers doesn't put up numbers because he is the 3rd primary ball handler when on the court, and at best the 4th scoring option. Not your typical team to evaluate the PG.

checkit
04-26-2011, 04:00 PM
Chalmers doesn't put up numbers because he is the 3rd primary ball handler when on the court, and at best the 4th scoring option. Not your typical team to evaluate the PG.

Yeah, but since he is not even the fourth offensive option. He should at least do other things to help his superstars out. You know, like assisting. But, I understand it is not just that easy to change your game to the situation. Rondo, has been a pass-first PG before he went pro. It takes skills to facilitate offense and get your team involved.

mikealike305
04-26-2011, 04:00 PM

i'll give you that but your seriously going to tell me that what you just said (what i quoted) is the difference between rondos 12 APG and chalmers 3 APG?

Tony_Starks
04-26-2011, 04:01 PM
Who cares your a Celtic fan? We have some of the worst fans. No Joke. He is defended off the perimeter, not closely, but still he is defended. No team wants him to penetrate. Like I said, I don't care if you don't like his game, it ain't for everybody. But just acting like he has absolutely no talent, is foolish on your part and just plain hating.

Im no Celtic fan I was referring to you. You are correct about having some of the worst fans though.

But back on topic please go back and show me where I said he has absolutely no talent? Never said that, he actually is a very good passer. But the guy shoots 56% from the line and a laughable 23% from three point land. So on a team where he was actually defended normally, not surrounded with scorers and expected to score himself he would be an offensive liability. Not to mention a big part of his production is due to Docs system he plays in.

We all saw what happened in the FIBA tourney. I rest my case.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-26-2011, 04:07 PM
yes i agree and once again i am not denying that because of hus cast, his assist numbers are increased. of couse. its like saying (sorry if your not a huge football fan) the only reason payton manning throws so many TDs is because reggie wayne, is his WR and he has a great O-line. get me? its just a bad argument. i would understand if rondos avg was around 7 apg and he never went higher then 12 assist in one game. then u have a good argument. but when the guy gets 12 apg, and has what? 3 20+ assist games this year alone? some credit has to be given to his cast (hell give most credit to his cast if it makes u happy) but u gotta give him some credit as well

I do give Rondo a lot of credit for the C's success.

And although the football reference is right on, using Peyton wasn't a great choice since we all know how elite he is/has been. More a qb like Schaub, who has Andre Johnson. Who is making who?

But maybe its just me, but I just don't value the Assist stat as high, since it 100% depends on other players. Swap Ray Allen with Keith Bogans for a second. You can't tell me that Rondo is still going to get 11 dimes a game.

And FYI, i'm only seeing 2 games where he put up 20+ assists.

Against the spurs, Allen shot 13-16, Pierce 7-10, Davis 10-18. C's as a team shot 61%.
Against the Knicks, he played 45 minutes, KG shot 12-17, Davis 7-12, Pierce 4-6 from 3.

So, just my opinion, is that his extremely high assists games soley depend on the hot/cold shooting of his teammates.

Edit: Just an example, a BOS vs Portland game. PP, KG, and Allen combined 17-37. Rondo 5 assists. Game against Philly, Allen and KG combined 7-24. Rondo 5 assists. Both games he played 35 or 41 minutes.

Tony_Starks
04-26-2011, 04:07 PM
i'll give you that but your seriously going to tell me that what you just said (what i quoted) is the difference between rondos 12 APG and chalmers 3 APG?

That and the fact that Chalmers doesn't handle the ball nearly as much as Rondo. Wade and Lebron dominate the ball, Chalmers is basically relegated to spot up shooting. Im shocked he's getting as many as 3 assist. The Celtics have a totally different system, Rondo runs the show.

Not to mention Rondo was playing against the Knicks. Come on now, at one point Ray Allen was shooting like 70% from 3! Thats insane, no D whatsoever....

mikealike305
04-26-2011, 04:08 PM
tony, rose is shooting 17% from 3.....

Pierzynski4Prez
04-26-2011, 04:08 PM
Yeah, but since he is not even the fourth offensive option. He should at least do other things to help his superstars out. You know, like assisting. But, I understand it is not just that easy to change your game to the situation. Rondo, has been a pass-first PG before he went pro. It takes skills to facilitate offense and get your team involved.

But Chalmers rarely plays as the PG on the floor, yes, he defends the other PG, and is in the game as the PG, but you can't tell me that on the Heat, outside of the 6-8 minutes where Wade and LBJ are on the bench, that Chalmers is handling the PG duties.

checkit
04-26-2011, 04:19 PM
Im no Celtic fan I was referring to you. You are correct about having some of the worst fans though.

But back on topic please go back and show me where I said he has absolutely no talent? Never said that, he actually is a very good passer. But the guy shoots 56% from the line and a laughable 23% from three point land. So on a team where he was actually defended normally, not surrounded with scorers and expected to score himself he would be an offensive liability. Not to mention a big part of his production is due to Docs system he plays in.

We all saw what happened in the FIBA tourney. I rest my case.

I did not bring up his shooting. It's no secret, he ain't the best. But with that said, his midrange game was better in this series and no doubt it was because defenders were laying off of him. Which hurt the Knicks, IMO. Rondo avg 19 PPG this series which is way above his career average. You should never make someone who is not a scorer a scorer, that means you did something wrong.

I would hope most NBA teams have scorers on them. Even the T-Wolves have some. The fact that the Big 3 are HOFs being brought up to discredit Rondo goes too far. Rondo works well with any player looking to score. Big Baby, who is nowhere near a HOFer, benefits from being on the floor with Rondo.

All of our players benefit from Doc's system, like all Bulls players benefit from Thibs system. Good coaching is key to winning. I'm sure Melo and Amare would benefit working together in a system that is not D'Antoni's.

He elected to leave the FIBA tourney. But we should not judge anyone from that. Only Durant looked good in that.

checkit
04-26-2011, 04:23 PM
But Chalmers rarely plays as the PG on the floor, yes, he defends the other PG, and is in the game as the PG, but you can't tell me that on the Heat, outside of the 6-8 minutes where Wade and LBJ are on the bench, that Chalmers is handling the PG duties.

Yeah, because LeBron or Wade are doing the duties. I'm not arguing with that, but they would benefit more if he improved his PG skills. That's why they brought in Bibby, right? Bibby is not putting up Rondo-like numbers.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-26-2011, 04:40 PM
Yeah, because LeBron or Wade are doing the duties. I'm not arguing with that, but they would benefit more if he improved his PG skills. That's why they brought in Bibby, right? Bibby is not putting up Rondo-like numbers.

Well no PG in the game is going to put up Rondo-like numbers on the Heat, even Rondo. It's just the situation that is the Heat. LBJ and Wade both need the ball in their hands to be effective and they are not going to move away from that. Put Rondo on the heat, and every one of his numbers would go down, and I don't think his Assists would go up as most people may think, since Wade and LBJ aren't necessarily jump shooters (like PP and Allen) that give Rondo the numbers he has.

If Chalmers wanted to improve his game to help the Heat, he would improve his 3 pt shooting.

0nekhmer
04-26-2011, 04:47 PM
D"Antoni is just hating. I used to believe Rondo was only good because of the team around him.. but then I realized after watching them, the celtics are good BECAUSE of rondo. With respect to the Celtics, they have shown to play more selfishly and 1v1 style, iso plays, etc when rondo was injured/off the court.
Obviously if Rondo was on a different team, his ppg would drop significantly. Nobody would ever fall for his fake passes again, because he'd be a #1 concern.

checkit
04-26-2011, 04:48 PM
Well no PG in the game is going to put up Rondo-like numbers on the Heat, even Rondo. It's just the situation that is the Heat. LBJ and Wade both need the ball in their hands to be effective and they are not going to move away from that. Put Rondo on the heat, and every one of his numbers would go down, and I don't think his Assists would go up as most people may think, since Wade and LBJ aren't necessarily jump shooters (like PP and Allen) that give Rondo the numbers he has.

If Chalmers wanted to improve his game to help the Heat, he would improve his 3 pt shooting.

No arguments there. LBJ and Wade also like creating their shot more. But, i think he still would have a good assist number with players like Bosh, Jones, and Miller. But yeah not as high as he does now, since LBJ and Wade score the most on this team.

BULLSFAN0810
04-26-2011, 05:55 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

your 10 year old muscles wouldnt have the strength to throw the ball that far, you would get the ball stolen to easy dribbling up court, and you would probably bog out after 2 possessions. GTFO kid

Dude, im not gonna go there,you can put any legit PG on Boston and theyd prob be better....

Cp3 better
Dwill better
Rose better
Billups better
Nash better
collison better
conley better
i can go on.....

Tony_Starks
04-26-2011, 06:01 PM
Wow this didn't turn into Rondo vs Rose debate? I am in shock, is PSD getting more mature?......

BULLSFAN0810
04-26-2011, 06:02 PM

Dude benched? no they rotated,there was times Billups started ,Westbrook etc....even Durant ...it was just the way the played you nincom fuhkin poop. Word is Rondo was cut in the WC you dummy! They let him resign to save face...you dummy!:mad: And to say Westbrook is better is Dumb,ie...Rose passes to open guy even when taking 20 shots wheras Westbrook shoots 30 shots and not pass to open player and still loses......with Durant.....then Durant has to curse him out to get him back in line....Put Rose on OKC,whos better then? ROSE...DUMMY:mad:

checkit
04-26-2011, 06:03 PM

checkit
04-26-2011, 06:04 PM
Dude, im not gonna go there,you can put any legit PG on Boston and theyd prob be better....

Cp3 better
Dwill better
Rose better
Billups better
Nash better
collison better
conley better
i can go on.....

CP3, Nash perhaps (maybe DWilly). Boston really doesn't need a score first PG who has limited court vision. We need our best shooters to dominate, so we need a PG that can give them easy looks and direct our Bigs to set good picks. Those other PGs you listed play "get mine" (props to C-Webb) basketball. They would jack up missed shots with a wide open Ray Allen.

BULLSFAN0810
04-26-2011, 06:10 PM
CP3, Nash perhaps (maybe DWilly). Boston really doesn't need a score first PG who has limited court vision. We need our best shooters to dominate, so we need a PG that can give them easy looks and direct our Bigs to set good picks. Those other PGs you listed play "get mine" (props to C-Webb) basketball. They would jack up missed shots with a wide open Ray Allen.

Boston prob is they need more pts....thats why Rondo is shooting more...you put Any pg ive listed on Voston,prob solved, and these pgs all ave over or close to 10 ast,which means if your open you will get the ball. and to imply none of these guys will pass 1st is kinda not realistcally smart on your behalf ,being alll of them run their own teams and account for a big portion of the scoring /ballhandling duties and are leauge leaders .