PDA

View Full Version : Should/Will Dirk Nowitski Demand A Trade If A First Round Elimination Occurs?

towlsmoke420
04-24-2011, 11:55 AM
Dirk is my favorite power forward. But he will never win in Dallas, I am not trying to diss Dallas.

He is such a talented player, it will be a shame if he does not leave to win a ring

If another first round playoff elimination occurs, will dirk demand a trade?

NYK4L
04-24-2011, 11:58 AM
I think they get past the first round, so no.

Hellcrooner
04-24-2011, 12:00 PM
he just resigned last offseason.
So he wont have the indecency of ask for a trade after that.

And if he did if im cuban i would say no.

FutureGM
If they do somehow happen to lose in the first round I think there really is no other option but to leave. I mean, how many times is it going to happen?

theheatles
dirk + mark cuban = :love:

Rivera
04-24-2011, 12:18 PM
he wont but if he does get eliminated he should demand a trade..

asandhu23
04-24-2011, 12:23 PM
yes

jonline87
04-24-2011, 12:29 PM
I think Cuban makes a strong push for Deron Williams.

Barea + Beaubois + Brewer + Jason Terry's expiring contract.

Yunqn
04-24-2011, 12:47 PM
He won't but he should if he does lose in the first..

How hard is it from them to understand u need just 2 great players..

Dirk and a bunch of really solid guys aren't goina cut it.. And caron isn't that much of a difference between first round exit to winning to it all....

I just don't know what team that could make a case to make Cuban finally let go of his best basketball player..
even though Stephen Jackson isn't a star..of u knew caron is out..why don't u just use his expiring to get a guy who can atleast help u keep up and show dirk that u really want him to win.. U can't just stay put like that..

With a new cap and the way Cuban is with dirk.. It would be hard to see him move.. The only teams I think u cann make a move is Miami for bosh and something .. Chicago boozer and something and l.a bynum and something.. Other than that.. Cuban will most likely wouldn't answer the phone..

Cano4prez
04-24-2011, 01:00 PM
Mavs are used to it by now

Hunter48MVP
04-24-2011, 01:04 PM
Gasol for Dirk

drobe86
04-24-2011, 01:13 PM
Nah won't ever happen.... Unlike the other great players of this decade I can't see Dirk being a bum and ring chasing.... Miami can win the next 5 championships and people will say the same thing. Lebron needed 2 other superstars to get a ring. Look at Boston, while they are a great team and much respect goes out to KG, Allen, and Pierce. If those guys don't join up they don't get a ring either. Each one of them took a little hit to their legacy, but its not the same. KG winning a ring in Minnesota would have been unbelievable. KG winning a record amongst 2 other superstars is like yea... BUT

Luv Da New Pack
04-24-2011, 01:25 PM
I don't understand why he would demand a trade when he's part of the problem (IF they get knocked out). It's not like he's pulling D. Howard-like work and his team just sucks around him.

Missing Butler has been a bigger deal than we thought it would be as it seems that the only person that is playoff tough is Kidd.

Eagles4Lyfe
04-24-2011, 01:25 PM
Well he knew what he was getting into when he resigned so thats all on him, why should we feel pity for him

drobe86
04-24-2011, 01:34 PM
I don't understand why he would demand a trade when he's part of the problem (IF they get knocked out). It's not like he's pulling D. Howard-like work and his team just sucks around him.

Missing Butler has been a bigger deal than we thought it would be as it seems that the only person that is playoff tough is Kidd.

Thats where the myth lies bro... Dirks one of only 5 players in NBA history to average 25 and 11 in the playoffs... The problem is the Mavs have surrounded him with a bunch of streaky shooters that can run hot/cold in a hurry. When Butler was in he was the 2nd most consistent player. Dirk has done more than hold his weight, AND SOME. The other players come up short in key spots. Jason Terry in particular was looking for the moment all game yesterday. He's pretty much run his course here, and we should start phasing him out. He's a good player nonetheless, but not as good as he thinks he is. It's 2-2 and there's no need to make the loss bigger than it is. At the end of the day they held homecourt and had to overcome a deficit that large. I'd play the percentages and say that doesn't happen again. We look like the better team in this series. While this series should have done in 5 games, now its definately gonna go 7. This game hurts in the long run next rouond moreso than now. This thread was obviously a Mavs hate thread which is all good. But people are getting way to caught up in the moment. They held home court, now its time to go back home.....

PrettyBoyJ
04-24-2011, 01:35 PM
He had his chance to leave last summer but he signed an extension.. so I'm going to say no.. Best case scenario they try and trade the whole team and add some pieces that can prob help them go all the way

Luv Da New Pack
04-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Nah won't ever happen.... Unlike the other great players of this decade I can't see Dirk being a bum and ring chasing.... Miami can win the next 5 championships and people will say the same thing. Lebron needed 2 other superstars to get a ring. Look at Boston, while they are a great team and much respect goes out to KG, Allen, and Pierce. If those guys don't join up they don't get a ring either. Each one of them took a little hit to their legacy, but its not the same. KG winning a ring in Minnesota would have been unbelievable. KG winning a record amongst 2 other superstars is like yea... BUT

I think it's sad and a bad practice as we go ahead.

Don't confuse the fact that you DO need a couple of players that excel at their role but to go out and go "we have to go out and get 3 franchise All Star players" is bad for the league, imo. Like the Spurs, they have players that could possibly be annual All Stars but you wouldn't put them in the same category with "The Heatles".

That's one of the reasons people liked the 04 Pistons. Bunch of "also rans" who played true team ball.

Luv Da New Pack
04-24-2011, 01:51 PM
Thats where the myth lies bro... Dirks one of only 5 players in NBA history to average 25 and 11 in the playoffs... The problem is the Mavs have surrounded him with a bunch of streaky shooters that can run hot/cold in a hurry. When Butler was in he was the 2nd most consistent player. Dirk has done more than hold his weight, AND SOME. The other players come up short in key spots. Jason Terry in particular was looking for the moment all game yesterday. He's pretty much run his course here, and we should start phasing him out. He's a good player nonetheless, but not as good as he thinks he is. It's 2-2 and there's no need to make the loss bigger than it is. At the end of the day they held homecourt and had to overcome a deficit that large. I'd play the percentages and say that doesn't happen again. We look like the better team in this series. While this series should have done in 5 games, now its definately gonna go 7. This game hurts in the long run next rouond moreso than now. This thread was obviously a Mavs hate thread which is all good. But people are getting way to caught up in the moment. They held home court, now its time to go back home.....

So I assume you equate scoring to toughness. Well, the Phoenix Suns were one of the toughest teams in NBA history....how'd that work out.

This loss is two-fold:
As you said, it's one loss and now it's a best of 3series. Not the end of the world and usually home court is beneficial.

But how often have you said "it's not THAT they lost....it was HOW they lost"? With a team full of vets like this trying to move on and choke out the opposition there should be no way that they blow a lead like that...and complete the choke.

thephoenixson28
04-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Gortat,Frye and 1st for Dirk

JasonJohnHorn
04-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Firstly, their post-season is FAR from over. They have two home games coming up, and they are better than 1-2 on the road, so things are still in their favour.

And Dirk knows that Cuban will do whatever it takes to win. They will have Butler back for next season, which will be a huge plus, and will have a lot of tradable pieces. But with Marion and Chandler on the team, they have the defence they have been lacking, and with the MLE and vet min available for them to add players (and they always use both), Dallas will still be in a position to put together a real contender, even if they dont go far this season. its not like they have to blow the team up. They have all the pieces they need to contend.

Dirk loves the city and just signed an extension last season. I see him retiring as a Mav.

gatkins11
04-24-2011, 03:19 PM
Gortat,Frye and 1st for Dirk

:facepalm:

Iggz53
04-24-2011, 03:21 PM
Literally no chance

Hellcrooner
04-24-2011, 03:23 PM
Gasol for Dirk

wouldnt work for any of the teams.

Mavs stay the same ( 1st or second round exit wcf deppending on matcups)
Lakers already have problems for gasols " soft defense" and not " going inside strong enough" to add a softer defender that likes shooting form a distance.
Not to mention dirk NEEDS touches to be effective, the kind of touches he wouldnt get with Kobe.

thephoenixson28
04-24-2011, 03:41 PM
:facepalm::facepalm:

NYKalltheway
04-24-2011, 03:42 PM
No, he will go back to Europe if he is to leave Dallas

J-Relo
04-24-2011, 03:47 PM
there are no contending teams that could trade for him...

Hellcrooner
04-24-2011, 03:52 PM
No, he will go back to Europe if he is to leave Dallas

He will come back to europe once he is done with nba thats for sure.

And if theres a year long Lockout he has already said he will play the year somwehre here , posibly Real Madrid.

h2r09
04-24-2011, 04:28 PM
no, but he should demand that they stop trotting out the same team year after year with no consistent help for him. teams with 1 superstar and no 2nd scorer never win titles. unless they get another 2nd scorer they wont win. Jason terry cant be the 2nd best player on a title team, he just cant.

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-24-2011, 04:52 PM
As much as I love Dirk, I don't think the Mavs can win a championship with him as their best player. He's a great PF and one of the best shooting big men of all time, but he needs a superstar guard that can be the team's best player with Dirk as option 1A. With that said the guy is in love with Dallas, he could've left if he wanted to last summer. Hell he would've been our first priority to fill our PF spot with.

sweet-d
04-24-2011, 05:28 PM
He should but he wont.

Purple&Gold24
04-24-2011, 05:41 PM
dirk + mark cuban = :love:

This.

Pete Dahh Sneak
04-24-2011, 05:45 PM
If he's fed up with it (which he should be) then he will. Cuban couldn't risk his golden boy being pissed though.

apope26
04-24-2011, 06:36 PM
He wont ask for a trade.. but he def should ask for major help. get rid of the tiny guards and bring in a solid 2 guard that is atleast 6'6 and can create his own shot. their 2nd best scorer is a 6'1 jump shooter who comes off the bench... its a joke. I was told Stepehen Jackson.. i mean, if u can get someone like Jason Richardson to go along with butler dirk and chandler.. with haywood n marion off the bench they'll be fine. But the guard play is absolutely the worst all 16 playoff teams.

Make a run for CP... and bring in J rich. = bye bye Lake show.

Crackadalic
04-24-2011, 06:39 PM
No. He just sign a extension

_KB24_
04-24-2011, 06:53 PM
Nope. I think this year or the next will be the last times we will even be labellling them as the PREtenders. I think they will be a playoff team at best next year with the emergence of OKC, Portland, Denver, and Memphis.

iggypop123
04-24-2011, 07:00 PM
he had his chance to leave. he blew it. didnt want to be a robin. now he's stuck being a batman with a bunch of alfreds around him

SP17
04-24-2011, 07:21 PM
I think Cuban makes a strong push for Deron Williams.

Barea + Beaubois + Brewer + Jason Terry's expiring contract.

He should rather push for Paul..no way nets trade deron..

jimbobjarree
04-24-2011, 07:33 PM
wont make a difference, he'd just go choke on that team too

JPHX
04-24-2011, 07:36 PM
he had his chance to leave. he blew it. didnt want to be a robin. now he's stuck being a batman with a bunch of alfreds around him

:laugh2:

drobe86
04-24-2011, 08:21 PM
Nope. I think this year or the next will be the last times we will even be labellling them as the PREtenders. I think they will be a playoff team at best next year with the emergence of OKC, Portland, Denver, and Memphis.

OKC and Portland ok maybe... But Denver and Memphis??? I don't understand why we can't look at basketball objectively. IDK why we just have to continually be haters lol... You don't like the Mavs ok fine... But give a better analysis than that man. Really

Lakerhead4ever
04-24-2011, 08:54 PM
steve nash is more deserving of a ring.

mdm692
04-24-2011, 09:07 PM
steve nash is more deserving of a ring.

=D. We will take dirk and cuban to replace sarver lol

knickfan33
04-25-2011, 03:34 AM
F! chris paul.... bring Dirk to the Knicks.... we would be insane

Luv Da New Pack
04-25-2011, 04:21 AM

I LIKE IT!!!! Good....no....great line.

rufo4100
04-25-2011, 09:27 AM
I dont see Dirk ever leaving Dallas. Why would we....he is worshiped there? I dont see it. Cuban is a great owner who isnt affraid to spend money and the west is gonna get worse and worse in the coming years. Dirk is smart to stay there. Think about it. Kobe is aging...Duncan is aging and OKC isnt ready to contend yet. Dallas might slip into the finals next year or the year after and contend for a title if Cuban pulls the right trade.

twoearl
04-25-2011, 10:06 AM
They should trade but I think Cuban's Man Crush on Roddy B after like 3 good games last year hurt this team. Teams were really pushing hard for Roddy at the trade deadline but Cuban claimed he was untouchable... Now Roddy's trade value is super low.

Personally I think they should just trade Dirk and start over.

topdog
04-25-2011, 10:27 AM
He had his choice last year.

Dirk can't win a championship as the feature player.

NYKalltheway
04-25-2011, 10:51 AM

he would have won one already though if it wasn't for that huge 2006 fix...

Lim
04-25-2011, 11:28 AM
like steve nash, dirk is very loyal. he will retire a mav imo.

king4day
04-25-2011, 12:18 PM
I thnk a better question is, should the Mavs look to trade Dirk if they don't advance.
They probably should tweak their team a bit but that's it. Maybe they can put together a package and try to get Chris Paul or Dwight Howard. It'd probably take a 3rd or 4th team though to make it happen.

Hellcrooner
04-25-2011, 12:25 PM
Cuban has done all that he could.
Nash, Finley, Wlaker, Jamison, harriS, stackhouse, Kidd, Terry, Jones, Marion,Butler, Chandler he has made multiple trades to complete the team.
Dirk CANT COMPLAIN at ALL .
The truth IS Dirk is not a Franchise dude he is better suited to be the second option and he has REFUSED to accept this fact.
He should have accepted being the second or third man in CHi, or Mia or NY this year.
He didnt, he still wanted to be the "guy" so he resigned.

so he has NO RIGHT In the world to demmand a trade.
Maybe when his contract is over and he accepts the truth he pulls a Richmond and tries to win as a bench player somwhere.

joeboow90
04-25-2011, 12:47 PM
IMO he SHOULD go to a different team but i really dont see him asking for a trade. he was just a free agent this past offseason if he really wanted to leave he had his chance. ive always liked Dirk a lot i wish he would go to a better team that actually has a legitamite shot at a title. i feel like hell never win 1 in Dallas hes had so many opportunities i kinda feel bad for the guy hes on great regular season teams then come playoff time he doesnt get anywhere close to the finals

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-25-2011, 12:50 PM

But they would have rings... No matter how you look @ it.

You could say the same thing about Kobe... He has 2 rings as the first option. So if you look @ it that way. He's no where near Jordan.

Reality is... Kobe has 5 rings. No matter what way you look @ it.

MrfadeawayJB
04-25-2011, 03:06 PM

this is on point exactly :clap:

Bravo95
04-25-2011, 03:41 PM
He shouldn't and won't.

gsgs49
04-25-2011, 04:26 PM
Nash, Finley, Wlaker, Jamison, harriS, stackhouse, Kidd, Terry, Jones, Marion,Butler, Chandler he has made multiple trades to complete the team.
The truth IS Dirk is not a Franchise dude he is better suited to be the second option and he has REFUSED to accept this fact.
He should have accepted being the second or third man in CHi, or Mia or NY this year.

Maybe when his contract is over and he accepts the truth he pulls a Richmond and tries to win as a bench player somwhere.

Stop just stop.
Throwing big times names wouldn't change the reality that a prime Dirk hadn't a cast good enough to win a championship we all know it.The majority of these names were past their primes dude,Kidd was 35 when he joined him,Stackhouse Marion and Butler weren't at their allstar level when they joined him,Jamison and Walker played with him one year only,Harris was too young and which Jones do you mean?the one who played with him 47 games at age of 36 and averaged 3.7 points:laugh:

Dirk had never a legit second option,another top 25 player and you can't win a championship with one top 25,let's check the history:
09,10 lakers: Kobe and Gasol
08 celtics: Garnett and Pierce
07 spurs: Duncan and Parker
06 Heat: Wade and O'neal
05 spurs: Duncan and Ginobili
04 pistons: Billups and one of the Wallaces maybe both
00 01 02 lakers:Shaq and Kobe
90's bulls: Jordan and Pippen
95 rockets: Hakeem and Drexler
89 90 pistons:Isiah and Dumars
80's celtics: Bird and Mchale
80's lakers: Magic and Kareem
In the last 30 years,maybe the only two teams which won it all with one top 25 player are the 94 rockets and the 03 spurs.
How many top 25 player had Dirk since Nash left in 04?and who are they? ZERO

And saying that a player who averaged 26 points and 10 rebounds and led the league in PER,winshares and WS/48 at some point of his career isn't a franchise player and can't be the #1 option on a championship team is just idiotic,he has been insanely good from 05 to 09.
Did the 04 champion pistons had a better player than Dirk?Did the 10 celtics which was going to win it all if Perkins didn't got injured in game 7 had a better player than Dirk?

And of course Dirk can complain and ask for help,Mark gave him some talents but not good enough to win it all and he didn't gave him the right talent for example Dirk is a 7 footer but doesn't play in the paint and he is a below average defender so you need to pair him with a center who can protect the paint and play defense,who did Cuban gave him untill this year?Shawn Bradley?Erick Damphier?Desagna Diop?
Another example Dirk is a jumpshooter,when your best player is a jumpshooter your second option should be a slasher.who has been Dirk's second option for the majority of these years? Jason Terry another jumpshooter,and the whole team became a jumphsooting team,they live by the jumper and they die by the jumper right now.

The problem isn't Dirk and you know that,he has been consistent for over a decade especially in the playoffs,he's one of the best playoffs performers of all time.
10th in PPG,26th in RPG,8th in PER,5th in WS/48 and 2nd in elimination games with at least 30 points.
And one of four players to average 25 and 10 in the playoffs the other 3:Hakeem,Baylor and Pettit.

I hope that you read my whole post and feel free to reply,
and btw nice try Crooner:clap:

gsgs49
04-25-2011, 04:35 PM
no, but he should demand that they stop trotting out the same team year after year with no consistent help for him. teams with 1 superstar and no 2nd scorer never win titles. unless they get another 2nd scorer they wont win. Jason terry cant be the 2nd best player on a title team, he just cant.
This

He wont ask for a trade.. but he def should ask for major help. get rid of the tiny guards and bring in a solid 2 guard that is atleast 6'6 and can create his own shot. their 2nd best scorer is a 6'1 jump shooter who comes off the bench... its a joke. I was told Stepehen Jackson.. i mean, if u can get someone like Jason Richardson to go along with butler dirk and chandler.. with haywood n marion off the bench they'll be fine. But the guard play is absolutely the worst all 16 playoff teams.

Make a run for CP... and bring in J rich. = bye bye Lake show.
Exactly this team has been lacking a true SG for years

They should trade but I think Cuban's Man Crush on Roddy B after like 3 good games last year hurt this team. Teams were really pushing hard for Roddy at the trade deadline but Cuban claimed he was untouchable... Now Roddy's trade value is super low.

Personally I think they should just trade Dirk and start over.
This

like steve nash, dirk is very loyal. he will retire a mav imo.
and This

Hellcrooner
04-25-2011, 04:52 PM
Stop just stop.
Throwing big times names wouldn't change the reality that a prime Dirk hadn't a cast good enough to win a championship we all know it.The majority of these names were past their primes dude,Kidd was 35 when he joined him,Stackhouse Marion and Butler weren't at their allstar level when they joined him,Jamison and Walker played with him one year only,Harris was too young and which Jones do you mean?the one who played with him 47 games at age of 36 and averaged 3.7 points:laugh:

Dirk had never a legit second option,another top 25 player and you can't win a championship with one top 25,let's check the history:
09,10 lakers: Kobe and Gasol
08 celtics: Garnett and Pierce
07 spurs: Duncan and Parker
06 Heat: Wade and O'neal
05 spurs: Duncan and Ginobili
04 pistons: Billups and one of the Wallaces maybe both
00 01 02 lakers:Shaq and Kobe
90's bulls: Jordan and Pippen
95 rockets: Hakeem and Drexler
89 90 pistons:Isiah and Dumars
80's celtics: Bird and Mchale
80's lakers: Magic and Kareem
In the last 30 years,maybe the only two teams which won it all with one top 25 player are the 94 rockets and the 03 spurs.
How many top 25 player had Dirk since Nash left in 04?and who are they? ZERO

And saying that a player who averaged 26 points and 10 rebounds and led the league in PER,winshares and WS/48 at some point of his career isn't a franchise player and can't be the #1 option on a championship team is just idiotic,he has been insanely good from 05 to 09.
Did the 04 champion pistons had a better player than Dirk?Did the 10 celtics which was going to win it all if Perkins didn't got injured in game 7 had a better player than Dirk?

And of course Dirk can complain and ask for help,Mark gave him some talents but not good enough to win it all and he didn't gave him the right talent for example Dirk is a 7 footer but doesn't play in the paint and he is a below average defender so you need to pair him with a center who can protect the paint and play defense,who did Cuban gave him untill this year?Shawn Bradley?Erick Damphier?Desagna Diop?
Another example Dirk is a jumpshooter,when your best player is a jumpshooter your second option should be a slasher.who has been Dirk's second option for the majority of these years? Jason Terry another jumpshooter,and the whole team became a jumphsooting team,they live by the jumper and they die by the jumper right now.

The problem isn't Dirk and you know that,he has been consistent for over a decade especially in the playoffs,he's one of the best playoffs performers of all time.
10th in PPG,26th in RPG,8th in PER,5th in WS/48 and 2nd in elimination games with at least 30 points.
And one of four players to average 25 and 10 in the playoffs the other 3:Hakeem,Baylor and Pettit.

I hope that you read my whole post and feel free to reply,
and btw nice try Crooner:clap:

oh yeah i forgot.

i guess its a casualty steve nash won the MVP just the same folowing season to leave mavs?

i guess he was the MIP too :p

oh and btw Barkley, Malone, Drexler, maravich,Wilkins, Gervin, Gilmore etc etc jsut some names that couldnt make it as first option

smith&wesson
04-25-2011, 04:56 PM
lets put things in percpective.

-dallas was very unlucky to lose butler. if butler was healthy these playoffs would be very different for dallas this year.

-If dirk indeed does ask for a trade to go ring chasing where would he go ? lets look at the contenders.

Lakers- windows closing. pluls they have gasol & odem! how would dirk really help them any ways ? they are set for the 4 position

Heat - they have bosh, yes dirk is better, but bosh is younger.

Celtics - windows closing. will they still be contenders next year ? they also have garnet

Bulls - they just got boozer, chi town could be an option. but cuban will want chicago to gut there team in a trade for dirk. i dont think the bulls would gut theyre team when they are already in contention.

Thunder - cant see cuban trading Dirk with in the same conference. and even if he would, what would okc trade for him ? ibaka ?

Spurs - windows closing. they have duncan, dirk aint all that much younger himself. if the spurs give up on the duncan era they will rebuild, they wont gut theyre team for an aging star when they already have one.

PLUS Dirk is very loyal to dallas and cuba. also with a healthy butler next season and hopefully tyson chandler resigns, dirk has a good chance at winning a ring right in dallas. they just need a full roster. losing butler was huge. alot more signifigant then ppl think. he is theyre star shooting gaurd. and he has alot more left in him then marion or terry do at the wing position. butler and chandler were key aqusitions.

gsgs49
04-25-2011, 05:21 PM
oh yeah i forgot.

i guess its a casualty steve nash won the MVP just the same folowing season to leave mavs?

i guess he was the MIP too :p

oh and btw Barkley, Malone, Drexler, maravich,Wilkins, Gervin, Gilmore etc etc jsut some names that couldnt make it as first option

Nash won MVP in 05 because he turned a 29 wins team to a 63 wins team not because of his stats,his stats didn't change a lot from 04 to 05, 1 more PPG,2.7 more APG,1.5 more PER and 0.040 WS/48 those improvements aren't enough for MIP sorry for ruinning your joke.

And it's bad that a Prime Dirk and a prime Nash didn't player together,Dirk was only 25 years old when nash left
Prime Dirk+Prime Nash= at least one championship.

And not winning a championship doesn't mean that you can't be the first option,because there is 14 other players on the team and a championship needs a team effort not a individual effort.

DoJoTheSlasher
04-25-2011, 05:51 PM

1. Nash was a borderline all star here but left.
2. Finley was the same way.
3. Antoine Walker absolutely sucked balls.
4. Antawn Jamison was a 6th man here.
5. Harris was a decent starting PG here, nothing else.
6. Stackhouse was a freaking bench player.
7. Kidd has been no where near the player he used to be here.
8. As we all know Terry has been garbage in the playoffs, check the stats.
9. Jones? Dominique Jones? LOL
10. Marion has turned out to be a very good BENCH player or solid starter.
11. Butler was a good starter and just before he heated up he got hurt.
12. Chandler has panned out and the playoffs aren't over.

His best chance was with Nash and Finley and that was earlier in his career when the dynasty Lakers and Spurs dominated.

Yeah, Cuban has tried but Dirk has every right to complain about lack of a second star next to him.

JordansBulls
04-25-2011, 06:14 PM
He would be a great asset in Houston.

gsgs49
04-25-2011, 07:10 PM
He would be a great asset in Houston.

:confused:why Houston? and for who?

Fnom11
04-25-2011, 08:11 PM
IMO he's the problem, he has a pretty solid team. Not his organization's fault Aldridge is destroying him.

drobe86
04-25-2011, 08:22 PM
IMO he's the problem, he has a pretty solid team. Not his organization's fault Aldridge is destroying him.

You are obviously not watching the games at all. If you were you'd notice that he's playing better than Aldridge in this series despite the 7-8 year age difference... Aldridge hopes he can be as good as Dirk. Aldridge has a better supporting cast in the starting lineup. Our bench makes up the difference....

_KB24_
04-25-2011, 08:53 PM
OKC and Portland ok maybe... But Denver and Memphis??? I don't understand why we can't look at basketball objectively. IDK why we just have to continually be haters lol... You don't like the Mavs ok fine... But give a better analysis than that man. Really

Memphis is currently looking to take strangle hold on the best team in the conference (record wise) without their best player.

Denver is the deepest team in the league and full of youth. They may be down 3-0 but they are up against one of the most balanced teams in the entire league.

The Mavs only get a year older next year and who else can they surround Dirk with now? Whats the excuse this year? No Caron Butler?

albertc86
04-25-2011, 08:59 PM
Can't feel any pity for Dirk if he doesn't win a ring. He choked against Miami.