PDA

View Full Version : Indiana or Memphis

ChiTownPacerFan
04-24-2011, 12:27 AM
Clearly, both eight seeds have played well. So, simple question: who has the brighter future?

ManRam
04-24-2011, 12:30 AM
I think Memphis is the better team by a bit actually...

But better future, IDK about that...

I think it might be Indy. I like their youth better. I think Memphis basically is an Atlanta clone; a team with a ton of talent, but doesn't quite have the pieces to truly contend and probably won't for the foreseeable future.

Gators123
Memphis.

GoatMilk
Memphis is in the easier conference
what i mean is, they dont have to worry about the Heat

OKC is going to be good too, but the Heat are going to lock up the East for the next few years
OKC may be heavy favs, but i dont think they're guaranteed anything like the heat pretty much are

KnicksR4Real
04-24-2011, 12:36 AM
Memphis by a bit

210Don
04-24-2011, 12:37 AM
lol @ memphis in easier conference wtf lol

Raps18-19 Champ
04-24-2011, 12:42 AM
Depends if Zach is going to live up to his new contract.

If he's going to play at his pace for at least a couple more years, they have a good future. If he just lazes off because he got paid, they are going to get hurt by his new contract.

The Jokemaker
04-24-2011, 12:43 AM
Grizz

Sadds The Gr8
04-24-2011, 12:48 AM
Memphis easily.

BALLER R
04-24-2011, 12:52 AM
?..

BALLER R
04-24-2011, 12:53 AM

OKC is going to be good too, but the Heat are going to lock up the East for the next few years
OKC may be heavy favs, but i dont think they're guaranteed anything like the heat pretty much are

what evidence do you have to back this up. the west is the easier conference??..In the east you can make the playoffs even when your 5 games under .500 in the west you can be 5 games over and your no where close to making the playoffs

ChiTownPacerFan
04-24-2011, 12:55 AM
Despite being a Pacer fan, I think I agree with most of you that Memphis gets the nod. Keep in mind though, Indiana has a lot of money to play with this summer. It has also been rumored that the Pacers will heavily pursue Mayo this offseason.

northsid3r
04-24-2011, 12:57 AM
Indiana because the Memphis FO sucks and that zbo contract is crazy.

Fnom11
04-24-2011, 01:00 AM
Memphis and they don't even have their best player.

Hellcrooner
04-24-2011, 01:03 AM
ask back when we know if marc gasol is forced to stay and what they get for mayo or if he is allowed to stay.

bklynny67
04-24-2011, 01:06 AM

HAHAHAHAHA LOLOLOLOL

Memphis in the easier conf...?

MIA has the East locked up the next few years? lol what a jokester this guy is!

sportsplayer7
04-24-2011, 01:11 AM
West is the harder conference. -__-

Chi StateOfMind
04-24-2011, 01:11 AM
Memphis!!!

allSUAVE
04-24-2011, 01:28 AM
MEMPHIS and its not even close!

LakersA's49ers
04-24-2011, 01:30 AM
indiana has the better backcourt and memphis has the better front as in the future. Indy-Collison and Price
Memphis-Gasol and Randolph(based on his extension, hes a part of the future)

D Roses Bulls
04-24-2011, 01:34 AM
I think Memphis is the better team by a bit actually...

But better future, IDK about that...

I think it might be Indy. I like their youth better. I think Memphis basically is an Atlanta clone; a team with a ton of talent, but doesn't quite have the pieces to truly contend and probably won't for the foreseeable future.

:speechless: we agree manram...... not only do they have a lot of youth like you said, but they have a ton of cap this summer to also improve and add talent.

NetsPaint
04-24-2011, 01:37 AM
Memphis has Rudy Gay in their future.

But, D Roses Bulls said the Pacers have a lot of cap space, so who knows.

D Roses Bulls
04-24-2011, 01:46 AM
Memphis has Rudy Gay in their future.

But, D Roses Bulls said the Pacers have a lot of cap space, so who knows.

they do, I know they have enough to offer at least one max contract, I dont know the exact number it it might be more or a little less,but they have a cap plus I think indiana like i said before the series started was highly underrated. they are a good team, horrible coaching the first half of the season and they are just now starting to play together and playing. believe it or not I do watch Indiana and I have watched a lot of them ever since I knew they were gonna play the bulls in the first round.

soonabooma
04-24-2011, 01:47 AM
Memphis IS and will continue to be a better team than Indy. There's no comparison between the East and the West. The West has 8 playoff teams that are dangerous enough to knock each other off. The East basically has 3, maybe 4 good teams and then a bunch of scrubs. It's not even close. Only in the Eastern Conference could a team make the playoffs with a losing record. It's gotta tell you something when you have teams in the West that didn't make the playoffs that would have easily made it in the East. I'd put Houston up against any of their bottom 4 in a series any day of the week and they didn't even win enough games to make the playoffs in the Western Conference. Face it, the Western Conference is like the SEC in football and the Eastern Conference is like everybody else. And that's coming from an OU fan whos team plays in the Big 12.

And I'm drunk, so bear with me.

BoilerMan013
04-24-2011, 01:50 AM
If the thread said better team, I think you have to go Memphis until proven otherwise. But if you say better future? How can you just say Memphis without looking at the Indiana roster? We have TONS of cap space over the next two years, and we have so many young players.

Our starting unit has 1 first year player, 2 second year players, 1 third year player, and Danny Granger. Not to mention that first year player is Paul George. Look at some of his highlights. The guy is gonna be good.

Unless Gasol signs for far less money than he's worth, the Grizz will be hoping that exceptions remain in the new CBA. They're tied to their guys, and one of them is 30 years old, overweight, with a massive contract. You have to ask yourself how long is he gonna be able to keep producing while staying within the system of the team?

ChiTownPacerFan
04-24-2011, 02:17 AM
If the thread said better team, I think you have to go Memphis until proven otherwise. But if you say better future? How can you just say Memphis without looking at the Indiana roster? We have TONS of cap space over the next two years, and we have so many young players.

Our starting unit has 1 first year player, 2 second year players, 1 third year player, and Danny Granger. Not to mention that first year player is Paul George. Look at some of his highlights. The guy is gonna be good.

Unless Gasol signs for far less money than he's worth, the Grizz will be hoping that exceptions remain in the new CBA. They're tied to their guys, and one of them is 30 years old, overweight, with a massive contract. You have to ask yourself how long is he gonna be able to keep producing while staying within the system of the team?

I think Paul George's development is absolutely the key to this team's future. He just does so many things well for a rookie. He's already the team's best defender. He's a great rebounder, a great shooter, and an athletic freak. I see him being the best player on the team in 2 or 3 years. At that point, this team could be very good.

John Walls Era
04-24-2011, 02:19 AM
Memphis. Pacers might not even make the playoffs next year.

mttwlsn16
04-24-2011, 02:22 AM
imo, memph grizz and its not really close...i like indi, and i have been pulling for them, but the grizz w OJ, zach, gasol, gay (when he comes back) conley, tony allen, etc. are much more talented

alencp3
04-24-2011, 02:38 AM
Memphis and they don't even have their best player.

zach is their best player

lakeshow3peat
04-24-2011, 02:45 AM
Indiana is my choice heat overrated i expect the bulls to run the east for the next years

Cal827
04-24-2011, 02:53 AM
Indiana. They have a bunch of young players in George, Collison, Hansborough, Hibbert.. Has the core scorer in Granger. They also have a lot of contracts expiring after this year (Ford 8mil, Dunleavy, 10 mil, Tinsley 5.5mil) that will give them flexibility. For Memphis, I worry about the large contracts to Gay and Randolph, and eventually Gasol (assuming they resign him). Adding Conley's contract, it'll likely amount to around most of the cap (50 mill approx) for 4 guys. Hopefully for their fans, the team can grow together and becomes a contender, but unfortunately they are also in the "easier" conference lol

Hellcrooner
04-24-2011, 02:54 AM
zach is their best player

actualy mayo and gasol are their best players.
They are misusing them to death for the glory of two ballhoghs

Colts2180
04-24-2011, 03:33 AM
Mayos there best player huh lol? The guy that got benched and has been there most of the year. You guys must of forgot that if it wasnt for the Pacers and Griz being 1 minute after the 3pm trade deadline that Mayo would be a Pacer. There probably going to revisit that deal this off-season. Pacers easily. Conely has reached his ceiling and its not that high. Mayos in purgatory and will prolly be a Pacer next year anyways. Randolph is a fat bum and will play like it now that hes gotten payed. Gay is a beast but hes coming off a series injury so lets see. Gasol may be gone this off-season. The Pacers are young, talented and arent going anywhere. Collison(23)>Conely, George(20)>Mayo(Potential wise), Hibbert(24)>Gasol. So that leaves Gay thats a draw with Granger(27) for the most part and Randolph thats better than our PFs atm. Explain how Memphis is so much better than us lol? Its potential not right now.

AllBall
04-24-2011, 07:37 AM
Memphis. Pacers might not even make the playoffs next year.

Wow, seriously? I'm gonna pull this thread up next year. :pity:

PHX2daDEATH
04-24-2011, 09:01 AM
Depending on how Hibbert progresses.. Remember if he keeps getting better the heat do not have an option that can guard him (So far) and if this team plays it cool by adding more pieces to get deeper they could be scary

NYKalltheway
04-24-2011, 09:11 AM
I say Pacers. Reason is that Memphis is going to be in a tough situation this off season with the contract renewals. And Shane Battier ain't getting any younger.
While on the other hand, Pacers have young talent and could do a move to upgrade one of their guard positions as well.
As for present, it's still quite close, I have no idea of what the games between them were like but I kinda prefer the Grizzlies

todu82
04-24-2011, 09:18 AM
Memphis. They're up 2 to 1 on the team I was picking to win the NBA Title.

ne3xchamps
04-24-2011, 09:21 AM
Memphis has a way better future. they are already better than the pacers. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they beat the mavs in 7. If Memphis got 1 superstar next year, then they would be in the top 4 out west IMO.

NYKalltheway
04-24-2011, 09:24 AM
If Memphis got 1 superstar next year, then they would be in the top 4 out west IMO.

who/how?

PrettyBoyJ
04-24-2011, 09:37 AM
lol @ memphis in easier conference wtf lol

I laughed at that too.. they play in the toughest division

theheatles
04-24-2011, 09:38 AM
memphis or indiana have no chance to sign a max contract guy...no superstar is going to want to go there...but i think indiana has a brighter future...like all you said the east is easier...i like hibbert A LOT and think he can be a top 3 center in this league if he continues developing...memphis has pretty much all their players in their prime right now and still nothing more than an 8th seed

John Walls Era
04-24-2011, 10:30 AM
Wow, seriously? I'm gonna pull this thread up next year. :pity:

Yes seriously. I expect the bottom dwellers in the East to step up next year. Lets not even joke around here... the Pacers record was brutal, even Frank Vogel only had a 20-18 record.

nycericanguy
04-24-2011, 10:38 AM
You should have put a poll. I'll say IND, they have a couple of guys that have more upside and room to grow. Paul George can be a star, same for Hibbert. Collison has room to improve. They also play in the east.

MEM's core has been in the league a long time now. Gay & Conley might improve a little, and maybe Gasol...but they pretty much are what they are. And they also have locked themselves into salary cap hell. they will regret that Z-Bo deal very soon, and its not a given he will play motivated now that he got his money. There was no reason to give him that deal before the new CBA. They are paying him like a top 5 player, which he is not. He had a career year, again in his contract year, and led his team to 44 wins.

Hellcrooner
04-24-2011, 10:45 AM
^oh but ddoint you all ge thte memo? now zach is a superstar and a hof and maybe even the goat because he could "lead" the team to those whooping 44 wins and some wins in the postseason ...... go figure.

John Walls Era
04-24-2011, 11:16 AM
ZBo is too much of a wildcard. We'll see if he shows up next year. Actually we'll see if the Grizz can hold on to Gasol.

Hellcrooner
04-24-2011, 11:28 AM
^not a wildcard his contract is 100% an insurance policiy of troubel sooner or later.
they DOnt have the talent to win it all and they cANT add more valuable pieces so after 1 or 2 seasons of 1srt round or 2nd round exits there will start a feud bout touches between gay and Zach.
As a matter of fact if gay were playing now they woudl probably be 0-3 right now.

you know? yesterday they ALMOST lost thanks to the 8-21 zach made.
if they had TWO players shooting 20+ shots at that accuracy ( wich would mean less touches to Marc, Conley , mayo and etc) they woudl have lost it.

minervamob
04-24-2011, 11:29 AM
Hellooo remember Rudy Gay is still there. Memphis

NBAfan4life
04-24-2011, 11:44 AM
If Hibbert is serious about being a force maybe Indy.

Honestly grizz is a much better team, but they are going to have problems keeping their talent.

Ray_R
04-24-2011, 11:47 AM
Despite being a Pacer fan, I think I agree with most of you that Memphis gets the nod. Keep in mind though, Indiana has a lot of money to play with this summer. It has also been rumored that the Pacers will heavily pursue Mayo this offseason.

The only way they would pursue him is in making a trade I don't think Mayo is a free agents this season I believe he has a team option which Im pretty sure Memphis is going to retain him. I only see him being moved in a trade.

cardinals1226
04-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Yes seriously. I expect the bottom dwellers in the East to step up next year. Lets not even joke around here... the Pacers record was brutal, even Frank Vogel only had a 20-18 record.

Yeah because a 38 game sample is going to determine how the Pacers will play next year. Vogel had a winning record as the coach. O'Brien drove the team so far into the ground that the Pacers barely made the playoffs because of him. The team hadn't made the playoffs in five years and were the tenth seed when Vogel took over, 5 games back of the eighth seed.

I'm sure the Pacers will regress next year with all their core players returning and $32 million in cap space. :rolleyes:

mzgrizz
04-24-2011, 12:04 PM
Short term future, DEFINITELY Memphis.
In the next 3 years, who knows?
And please understand that some posters NOT from Memphis who post about us as if they know something, clearly do NOT and have a "hidden" agenda.
It really bites some of them in the *** that we CAN keep Marc Gasol and will be glad to ride the next few years with this marvelous core.
Life is good

marlinsfan24
04-24-2011, 12:09 PM
I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but imagine if the Mayo for McRoberts + 1st round pick went through. How would that impact the series going on right now?

rabueed
04-24-2011, 12:42 PM
Anyone saying Memphis has the better future is absolutely nuts. I agree they have the better right-now team, but no way do they have the better future.

Just listen to this young talent still shaping and developing:

- Paul George
- Darren Collison
- Roy Hibbert
- Tyler Hansbrough
- A.J. Price

The above players are gonna be amazing in the next couple of years. Not to mention they don't know if they're gonna be changing coaches yet, and if they do, they could pick up someone very good (Jerry Sloan, Rick Adelman, etc.)

Their summer roster looks something like this:

D. Collison/ A.J. Price/ L. Stephenson
D. Jones/ P. George/ B. Rush
D. Granger/ P. George/ J. Posey
T. Hansbrough/ J. Posey
R. Hibbert/

They have a little over 28 million coming off their books next year in:

- Mike Dunleavy
- Jeff Foster
- Josh McRoberts
- Solomon Jones
- T.J. Ford

Now, they might resign Jones and McRoberts, but they won't cost them much at all. Serviceable backups. If they used this money for another scorer and a stronger front court, they're gonna be a team to watch out for in the next couple of years. They have serious talent, so let's see if it develops.

"Memphis has a brighter future"....pssssh. :rolleyes::facepalm:

nycericanguy
04-24-2011, 02:23 PM
Anyone saying Memphis has the better future is absolutely nuts. I agree they have the better right-now team, but no way do they have the better future.

Just listen to this young talent still shaping and developing:

- Paul George
- Darren Collison
- Roy Hibbert
- Tyler Hansbrough
- A.J. Price

The above players are gonna be amazing in the next couple of years. Not to mention they don't know if they're gonna be changing coaches yet, and if they do, they could pick up someone very good (Jerry Sloan, Rick Adelman, etc.)

Their summer roster looks something like this:

D. Collison/ A.J. Price/ L. Stephenson
D. Jones/ P. George/ B. Rush
D. Granger/ P. George/ J. Posey
T. Hansbrough/ J. Posey
R. Hibbert/

They have a little over 28 million coming off their books next year in:

- Mike Dunleavy
- Jeff Foster
- Josh McRoberts
- Solomon Jones
- T.J. Ford

Now, they might resign Jones and McRoberts, but they won't cost them much at all. Serviceable backups. If they used this money for another scorer and a stronger front court, they're gonna be a team to watch out for in the next couple of years. They have serious talent, so let's see if it develops.

"Memphis has a brighter future"....pssssh. :rolleyes::facepalm:

Agreed... I'm completely neutral, but MEM is what they are. IND has some really good young players that haven't even scratched the surface of their talents yet.

Hansborough has been a beast the 2nd half of the season, and Paul George is going to be if not an all-star then a very, very good player.

And to top it off IND has flexibility, MEM might keep Gasol, but they will have a TON tied up in Gasol, Z-Bo, Gay & Conley. A nice core, but not enough.

MrfadeawayJB
04-24-2011, 02:31 PM
^not a wildcard his contract is 100% an insurance policiy of troubel sooner or later.
they DOnt have the talent to win it all and they cANT add more valuable pieces so after 1 or 2 seasons of 1srt round or 2nd round exits there will start a feud bout touches between gay and Zach.
As a matter of fact if gay were playing now they woudl probably be 0-3 right now.

you know? yesterday they ALMOST lost thanks to the 8-21 zach made.
if they had TWO players shooting 20+ shots at that accuracy ( wich would mean less touches to Marc, Conley , mayo and etc) they woudl have lost it.

I guess you didnt see z-bo's long range bomb that sealed the game

MrfadeawayJB
04-24-2011, 02:37 PM
IMO memphis is the better team right now than Indiana.
In a few years, we will have to see....it is impossible to tell.

I beleive memphis will still be the better team with the brighter future because
A) We have locked up a good core (overpaid maybe, but got them locked up..Gasol will be included)
B) Z-Bo will get older but his style of play will let him be effective throughout his contract
C) Rudy Gay, Marc Gasol, and Mike Conley still have potential to improve a lot (whoever said Hibbert is better than Gasol is an idiot, and that Conley is not going to improve is also dumb because he has played only 2 seasons if you think about the injuries he had in his first season

Not to mention, Indiana and thier "max contract" they can give out might not ever come to fruiton...Indiana fans know exactly what i'm saying...small market teams cant seem to get the superstars. They will most likley overpay for a player like David West or somone around that caliber.

Hawkeye15
04-24-2011, 02:47 PM
Memphis is clearly better now, but they are pretty much locked up going forward once they sign Gasol. What you see here is what you are going to get, and their team is much more mature. They will get better I think, but the Pacers "future" looks brighter. Obviously a front office can kill any teams so called future, but with Collision, George, Hibbert, and some of the youth on the Pacers, along with a ton more salary cap space than the Grizz, on paper the Pacers future looks brighter.

JasonJohnHorn
04-24-2011, 02:57 PM
I think Indy has the brighter future. They have great talent, and much of it they have drafted, or have under rookie contracts, or are players they are allowed to go over the cap to sign. They are in the weaker conference (lets face it, Memphis has to DRAMATICALLY improve to contend in the West, where as Indy only has to wait for Boston's window to close and there will only be two teams left to really worry about: Chi-town and Miami, and neither one has asserted themselves as contenders YET (though one or both will likely do it this year). With the rigth seeding next season, Indy could be in the conference semi's. Memphis however would have to leap-frog five other teams to hope to get out of the second round (SA, LA, Dallas, Thunder, and Denver).

So with draft picks and MLE available for Indy (and draft picks that could sweeten any trade packages), and since they can still make a improvement on the bench in terms of coaching, Indy has a lot of potential growth over the course of the off season.

Memphis is in a similar situation, but since there are so many deep teams and contenders in the West, they really need to step it up to move forward. Swap the teams out of conferences though, and Memphis would look just as good in the East as Indy.

mzgrizz
04-24-2011, 03:01 PM
I laughed at that too.. they play in the toughest division

Agreed with having the toughest division with 4 of the 5 teams making the playoffs and only Houston the odd team out and the Rockets had better records than more a few EC teams that made it!

mzgrizz
04-24-2011, 03:05 PM
I say Pacers. Reason is that Memphis is going to be in a tough situation this off season with the contract renewals. And Shane Battier ain't getting any younger.
While on the other hand, Pacers have young talent and could do a move to upgrade one of their guard positions as well.
As for present, it's still quite close, I have no idea of what the games between them were like but I kinda prefer the Grizzlies

Don't believe Shane is figured to be on the roster next year. Don't get me wrong, Memphis LOVES Shane, but I think it was more of a "rent a Shane" for the playoff push.

ChiTownPacerFan
04-24-2011, 03:08 PM
Agreed with having the toughest division with 4 of the 5 teams making the playoffs and only Houston the odd team out and the Rockets had better records than more a few EC teams that made it!

What difference does it matter what division you play in? This isn't baseball or football, you don't play the teams in your division any more than the other teams in your conference, why do people ever bring this up?

mzgrizz
04-24-2011, 03:09 PM
^oh but ddoint you all ge thte memo? now zach is a superstar and a hof and maybe even the goat because he could "lead" the team to those whooping 44 wins and some wins in the postseason ...... go figure.

Give up the man hate for Randolph, HC. It's really not becoming of you.
Marc is getting his touches and FINALLY acting more like the guy I watched play last year. And NOOOOOO, it's not because of your favorite blame on the mythical ballhogs that roam Memphis.

mzgrizz
04-24-2011, 03:17 PM
What difference does it matter what division you play in? This isn't baseball or football, you don't play the teams in your division any more than the other teams in your conference, why do people ever bring this up?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't each division leader clinch a playoff spot?

Hellcrooner
04-24-2011, 03:26 PM
Give up the man hate for Randolph, HC. It's really not becoming of you.
Marc is getting his touches and FINALLY acting more like the guy I watched play last year. And NOOOOOO, it's not because of your favorite blame on the mythical ballhogs that roam Memphis.

im not going against him in that post, but against the fans that come to stupid conclussions based on facts made in very different conditions.

Hellcrooner
04-24-2011, 03:27 PM
I guess you didnt see z-bo's long range bomb that sealed the game

wich wouldnt have been needed if he had given some passes on some stupid shots he took during the game.

mzgrizz
04-24-2011, 03:35 PM
im not going against him in that post, but against the fans that come to stupid conclussions based on facts made in very different conditions.

OK, I can accept that.
If you didn't read the newspaper link re: ZBo signing when he wanted assurance Marc was going to be re-signed, please do. It's in a post I made a few days ago.

MrfadeawayJB
04-24-2011, 03:37 PM
wich wouldnt have been needed if he had given some passes on some stupid shots he took during the game.

thats not guarenteed

Hellcrooner
04-24-2011, 03:55 PM
OK, I can accept that.
If you didn't read the newspaper link re: ZBo signing when he wanted assurance Marc was going to be re-signed, please do. It's in a post I made a few days ago.

i read that.

I would want Marc too if i was zach, i mean a big part of him doing better is because he had NEVER played with a better pair inside.

BUT grizz CANT guarantee him marc will resign.

I mean if he goes public on wanting out the best thing to do is a sign and trade, theres no point in having a disgruntled player.
Yes they can MATCH teh offer, but Marc has the option to say to otehr teams to wait one year for the offer and sign the QUALIFYING offer
OR simply use the im going back to europe threat.

As i said he MAY resign but theres a chance he doesnt.

And of course if im Marc im demmaning the coach to get him more touches to resign.

Stunner
04-24-2011, 04:04 PM
Grizz

Cal827
04-24-2011, 04:29 PM
memphis or indiana have no chance to sign a max contract guy...no superstar is going to want to go there...but i think indiana has a brighter future...like all you said the east is easier...i like hibbert A LOT and think he can be a top 3 center in this league if he continues developing...memphis has pretty much all their players in their prime right now and still nothing more than an 8th seed

They (especially Indiana) don't necessarily need to be able to draw a max contract type player. Indiana has young developing talent at basically every position (Collison Pg, George/Granger SG/SF, Hansborough PF, Hibbert C). All of them can develop into good starters (Granger, Hibbert already are). If they use their 28 million in cap space to solidify the bench, then I think this team will be a force to be reckoned with in the future (Assuming they can hold onto the younger players). I agree with you that the upside on the Grizzlies is somewhat low, unless Mayo explodes next year too.

DwayneMVPwade
04-24-2011, 04:44 PM
Memphis

mzgrizz
04-24-2011, 05:48 PM
One more point. We are the second youngest team in the NBA.

MrfadeawayJB
04-24-2011, 05:57 PM
i read that.

I would want Marc too if i was zach, i mean a big part of him doing better is because he had NEVER played with a better pair inside.

I mean if he goes public on wanting out the best thing to do is a sign and trade, theres no point in having a disgruntled player.
Yes they can MATCH teh offer, but Marc has the option to say to otehr teams to wait one year for the offer and sign the QUALIFYING offer

And of course if im Marc im demmaning the coach to get him more touches to resign.

I understand what you are saying, and it is a possibility that marc could do this if he wanted too....but from everything i have heard and seen from Marc indicates to me that he loves the city of memphis and loves playing with Z-bo. Mayo will without a doubt be traded, and i think Marc will be 3rd in the pecking order for scoring once Rudy comes back. Marc probably enjoys playing with Randolph too because it eleveates some pressure on him.

Marc would most likely be the 3rd option on any playoff caliber team, so why leave memphis when they have another allstar guy down low with him?

Hangtime
04-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Memphis plays in the toughest division in basketball. SA, NO, Dallas, and Memphis all made the playoffs with Houston being just a few games out. They are missing a player who was having his best year as a Grizzly. They are likely to get better if they can retain the pieces. My biggest question is where Mayo will fit? He may be the odd man out.

RadiantShot
04-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Completely unbiased; Memphis. I just feel like Indiana doesn't have anything REALLY great going on. Yeah, they have Collison, and he's a good point-guard, with a bright future, but Granger is injury-prone, and probably on the verge of being gone next season. A lot of teams are eyeing him. Hibbert and Tyler can only do so much. I'll take Memphis by a few feet.

Sasuke11
04-24-2011, 06:36 PM
I think Paul George's development is absolutely the key to this team's future. He just does so many things well for a rookie. He's already the team's best defender. He's a great rebounder, a great shooter, and an athletic freak. I see him being the best player on the team in 2 or 3 years. At that point, this team could be very good.

I was thinking the same thing - another player that comes to mind is Earl Clark on ORL.

ChiTownPacerFan
04-24-2011, 08:20 PM
Memphis plays in the toughest division in basketball. SA, NO, Dallas, and Memphis all made the playoffs with Houston being just a few games out. They are missing a player who was having his best year as a Grizzly. They are likely to get better if they can retain the pieces. My biggest question is where Mayo will fit? He may be the odd man out.

Again, what is the significance of this? They didn't win the division, so why does it matter? You play virtually every team in your conference 4 times, I believe you play one team in each of the other divisions 3 times. This isn't football where you play over a third of your games in your division.

Kevj77
04-24-2011, 09:28 PM
i read that.

And of course if im Marc im demmaning the coach to get him more touches to resign.Have you heard anything about Marc being unhappy. I haven't heard he wants out. Where is this going public on wanting out coming from? Got a link

vigilantex69
04-24-2011, 09:37 PM
Pacers have a much brighter future

Guy Montag
04-24-2011, 09:38 PM
Pacers fan here.

Memphis is FAR better right now, and that's no disrespect to Indiana. I actually think that next year, IF Memphis can incorporate Gay back into their offense and IF they can resign Gasol, they could easily leap into the highest echelon of the West (taking the place of the Spurs or the Mavs?).

Having said that, Indiana has a potentially excellent future, too. I'd bet on Memphis being better for two more years if the above things happen for them. After that, though, I think the Pacers can be excellent for the five or six years after that.

It all hinges on four things (if all four things happen, the Pacers could vie for a championship; if three of them happen, they'll be like Mavs or the Magic; if two happen, they'll be like the Hawks; if one happens, well, they'll be about 44-and-38, which is still a heck of a lot better than they've been):

1. Paul George's development. If you've watched the Pacers/Bulls series, it's abundantly clear that Indiana simply doesn't have an alpha dog (we've known that all along, but it's never been more obvious). Rose is a true alpha dog, and though George plays a different position, he just might turn out to be a similarly impactful player.

2. The rest of the younguns have gotta get better. Specifically, Collison and Hibbert have to keep growing. Hansbrough, too.

3. We need a point-getter. Someone like Jamal Crawford. The main thing is, he needs to be able to get his own shot, especially in crunch time. Personally, I'd like to trade Granger for Eric Gordon and give George the starting spot.

4. We need an athletic, rebounding, shot-blocking 4 to team with Hibbert and Hansbrough. Varajao, maybe?

Hellcrooner
04-24-2011, 09:45 PM
Have you heard anything about Marc being unhappy. I haven't heard he wants out. Where is this going public on wanting out coming from? Got a link

spanish radio inteview with him some time ago.
Didnt clearly said it but you could hear it in his voice.

Btw ask Blazers fan i predicted Rudy F wanting out and making a fuss like 9 months before it happened, and tehre was no link neither.

But as opposed to Rudy he is a FA and has some aces on his deck if he wants out ( simply not hearin offers and taking Q offer to be REALLY Free next year or walking to europe as a meassure of pressure)

Rafer17
04-24-2011, 10:00 PM
Memphis is better right now, but they dont have a better future...

they kind of screw themselves over with the contracts: mike conley, rudy gay, and zbo are/will be overpaid

ULT WARRIOR408
04-24-2011, 10:22 PM
I am so late to this topic but heres how I feel.

Memphis is the better overall team.But the Pacers will have much easier paths to the postseason playing in the east.

lilojmayo
04-24-2011, 11:47 PM
actualy mayo and gasol are their best players.
They are misusing them to death for the glory of two ballhoghs

This is a somewhat true. OJ is easily their most talented player. Easily. Since he can playmake and score. Some people need to pop in some tapes of OJ's rookie year when he was the 2nd or 3rd option on the team and as limited as he is now due to the system he is in.

Still this day I haven't seen anyone on the Grizzlies be able to simply take over games like OJ has shown the ability to do.

Watch and be educated
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5sRFO18hFY

MrfadeawayJB
04-25-2011, 12:29 AM
spanish radio inteview with him some time ago.
Didnt clearly said it but you could hear it in his voice.

Btw ask Blazers fan i predicted Rudy F wanting out and making a fuss like 9 months before it happened, and tehre was no link neither.

But as opposed to Rudy he is a FA and has some aces on his deck if he wants out ( simply not hearin offers and taking Q offer to be REALLY Free next year or walking to europe as a meassure of pressure)

things probably changed since then...we are a young, promising playoff team that can pay him and win.

Hellcrooner
04-25-2011, 12:37 AM
things probably changed since then...we are a young, promising playoff team that can pay him and win.

knicks can pay him to and win a RING slight difference uh?

MrfadeawayJB
04-25-2011, 12:59 AM
knicks can pay him to and win a RING slight difference uh?

knicks are not even close until they get rid of D'antoni and learn to play defense.

not to mention, look at the teams in the NBA that can win championships realistically next year assuming everyone is healthy.

east:
Miami
Boston
Chicago
Knicks (with Gasol and new coach and more defensive players) a big stretch

west:
Lakers
Thunder
Mavs???

I think he would have a better chance in memphis. Lakers and mavs are just getting older

In the next few years

Goodbye Lakers, Mavs, Spurs....hello thunder, nuggets and Grizz....its a changing of the guard

of course LA will probably get Howard next year, but marc has a better chance with the grizz to advance to the finals than in the top heavy west imo

xxplayerxx23
04-25-2011, 01:22 AM
memphis has a great core. mayo is better then what he showed this year. Can you guys keep marc gasol after the zbo signing. Ranolph is so under rated i dont get why . this guy is a 22 12 guy and a 20 10 every year. He is a machine. there missing gay to which is un real that they still could win this series.

stealth33
04-25-2011, 01:24 AM
Completely unbiased; Memphis. I just feel like Indiana doesn't have anything REALLY great going on. Yeah, they have Collison, and he's a good point-guard, with a bright future, but Granger is injury-prone, and probably on the verge of being gone next season. A lot of teams are eyeing him. Hibbert and Tyler can only do so much. I'll take Memphis by a few feet.

Not injury prone enough to hamper the progress of a team. And it isn't like he's going to disappear. So what if teams are eying him? Doesn't mean he is going to leave and certainly doesn't mean he isn't going to get great value in return. Actually a lot of pacer fans believe that moving granger to solidify the rest of the roster, along with George's development into a star wing, is going to benefit this team the most. Either way Indy has a TON of flexibility to work with. Memphis not so much.

I think the biggest key to this question is Paul George. He could be a nice player, he could be a Gerald Wallace type, or he could be a dominant star. Indy's future totally depends on how he develops. Indy has been very deep on the wings this year, and has a star SF taking most of the perimeter shots, which has hampered his production this year...but with a lot of player turnover for Indy in the offseason(the SG/SF spots will look much different for indy next year) he could have plenty of room to be in the MIP discussion.

xxplayerxx23
04-25-2011, 01:24 AM
knicks are not even close until they get rid of D'antoni and learn to play defense.

not to mention, look at the teams in the NBA that can win championships realistically next year assuming everyone is healthy.

east:
Miami
Boston
Chicago
Knicks (with Gasol and new coach and more defensive players) a big stretch

west:
Lakers
Thunder
Mavs???

I think he would have a better chance in memphis. Lakers and mavs are just getting older

In the next few years

Goodbye Lakers, Mavs, Spurs....hello thunder, nuggets and Grizz....its a changing of the guard

of course LA will probably get Howard next year, but marc has a better chance with the grizz to advance to the finals than in the top heavy west imo
YOu add gasol and a pg in the draft the knicks can compete in the east. I think gasol stays with you if its possible but the knicks are not that far off when they add a center

stealth33
04-25-2011, 01:35 AM
Btw I'm a pacers fan who lives in Memphis and supports both teams so I'm trying to be unbiased here.

Memphis is obviously the better team now and Memphis has the best player between both teams....arguably the top 2. Thing is, Randolph isn't reliable at all. He seems to have found a comfort zone in memphis, but I don't think he is going to take this team much further than a 5-8 seed in the west. I personally don't think Rudy Gay is the kind of player that can take a team to the next level.

As far as Indy...Collison, Hibbert, and George all have future all-star potential in them, and Hansbrough is capable of going for 30 points any night....all of those guys are very young. Granger has been an all-star and while I am not a huge fan of his game, he is going to be valuable to this team as either an explosive veteran scorer, or great trade bait.

When measuring Indy it is very misleading to look at the season as a whole. You need to look at the team RIGHT NOW....which is a team that with a few lucky bounces could be 2-2, 3-1, or 4-0 in this series against the bulls. Obviously they are not, but they have been very capable of that.

You can talk about age of a team, but Indy's CORE is incredibly young and has so much more room to develop that Memphis's core.

For my sake I hope both of these teams have bright futures but I think Indy has waaaaay more room to growth on the roster right now, let alone whoever they are able to sign in free agency.

latinofire21
04-25-2011, 01:41 AM
I think its the Pacers. Memphis is at its max potential right now. Gasol is playing well Z Bo is playing well and the rest of their players are playing top of the game right now. Conley Mayo and vasquez i think his name is (PG) have more room to grow but the ceiling is pretty much there. They already have their closer as well.

Indiana is still growing Hibbert, who has played well as of late but there is soo much more potential out of the kid hes going to be having wars with Dwight for the next decade. Hansborough and Mcroberts have impressed me a lot. Very few teams in the league have real strong PG play and the pacers are fortunate enough to have 3 guys in Ford, Collison, and Price. Obviously they have Granger too. I like the Indiana team more. They also have some salary room to play with. I think they move Dunleavy and get some pieces for him but thats just me.