PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Roy appreciation thread

Hustlenomics
04-23-2011, 07:52 PM
Who knows how longer he can play because of those bad knees. But what he just did was amazing! :clap:

Nikeman
04-23-2011, 07:54 PM
We all know after Game 2, playing 8 minutes, he said publicly he was hurt. While many support him, he did receive some criticism.

He single handedly, just won the Blazers Game 4 scoring 24 points, and I believe scoring/assisting on Portlands last 16 points and scoring the last 10.

I am really happy for this guy, after all he has been through!

Maybe he still has some game left in him!!

AllBall
04-23-2011, 07:54 PM
He wanted more play because he's a winner. He got more time and answered the call. Clutch performance tonight!

GoatMilk
04-23-2011, 07:55 PM
just, wow
amazing

blackjack_119
04-23-2011, 07:58 PM
He deserves to start game 5 after that performance.

CHANGO
04-23-2011, 07:58 PM
Like I said in the gamethread...
I'm so happy for Brandon Roy. He deserves it! Great player.

AllBall
04-23-2011, 07:59 PM
He deserves to start game 5 after that performance.

People get too caught up in start/not starting. It only matters who closes...

Avenged
Brandon Roy is #winning.

Much respect to him!

iggypop123
shouldnt this just be in the game thread or series thread

ManRam
04-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Sign me up too. I sympathized with him when he said what he said...and I'm happy he's playing well again. Hopefully his career can still be a success...

With that said, it was one game. I'm sure he won't be happy with any of this unless they win the series.

theheatles
04-23-2011, 08:00 PM
this is awesome, brandon roy is the ****ing man

Hustlenomics
04-23-2011, 08:03 PM
he deserves his own statue :(

Storch
04-23-2011, 08:05 PM
It was nice to see, Brandoy Roy has always been one of my favorite players in the NBA today.

Sadds The Gr8
04-23-2011, 08:07 PM
amazing game by Roy

Jewelz0376
04-23-2011, 08:08 PM
It was great to see him have the game he had after everything he's gone thru..

How can you not feel good for him after the game he had

(unless of course your a mavs fan :laugh2:)

$KnicksAndKobe$
04-23-2011, 08:12 PM
You don't need cartilage in your knees when you got that kind of heart.

Much respect to Roy.

KnicksorBust
04-23-2011, 08:13 PM
Roy is my favorite player in the NBA not on the Knicks. It reminded me of that ridiculous game vs. Houston. I still think the Blazers pull this series out. Especially if Roy keeps exploiting the fact that they have no one to guard him. Dallas looked so vulnerable offensively too in that 4th quarter.

hotpotato1092
04-23-2011, 08:13 PM
Dear 2008 Brandon Roy, nice to have you back, we missed you

- Signed, NBA fans.

ManRam
04-23-2011, 08:14 PM
Dear 2008 Brandon Roy, nice to have you back, we missed you

- Signed, NBA fans.

I wouldn't overreact. Not having any cartilage is going to cause him a lot of problems down the road...

It was one game.

Chacarron
04-23-2011, 08:18 PM
Amazing job by Roy.

BradyIsTheMan12
04-23-2011, 08:19 PM
I wouldn't overreact. Not having any cartilage is going to cause him a lot of problems down the road...

It was one game.

Obviously long-term it is an issue, and he may not even be able to keep it up in the playoffs. But for now, it is a great sign that Roy can be a closer for us in this playoffs. Also, he did have a good game 3 as well.

mjt20mik
04-23-2011, 08:21 PM
Obviously long-term it is an issue, and he may not even be able to keep it up in the playoffs. But for now, it is a great sign that Roy can be a closer for us in this playoffs. Also, he did have a good game 3 as well.

Love the sig!

ecorrea
ive always really like broy. but he just officially became my 2nd fav player. that was an epic performance and such a feel good story. this guy didnt know if he was ever going to even be able to play bball again, let alone score 18 points in the 4th qtr of gm 4 to tie up the series 2-2!!!

Tha Truth
It's one thing to complain about not getting playing time.

But to complain about not getting minutes and then put on a SHOW like that. Unbelievable.

If you don't have respect for B-Roy after this performance then you should be embarrassed to call yourself a basketball fan.

Wade>You
Git 'em, Roy!

BradyIsTheMan12
04-23-2011, 08:22 PM
Love the sig!

Thank you, I'm very glad I didn't turn the game off!

MJ-BULLS
04-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Great game for B Roy.

I am happy for him, lets see if he can keep it going.

SeoulBeatz
04-23-2011, 08:24 PM
It's one thing to complain about not getting playing time.

But to complain about not getting minutes and then put on a SHOW like that. Unbelievable.

If you don't have respect for B-Roy after this performance then you should be embarrassed to call yourself a basketball fan.

TRUTH.

That's heart folks.

Yes, we realize his future is looking grim, but damn, he was amazing to watch today cause he looked like the old B-Roy.

roshan3ai
04-23-2011, 08:30 PM
That was unreal. I love seeing performances like that and the fact that it was by Roy made it better. I really hope he can keep this up in the playoffs!!!

Chi StateOfMind
04-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Straight beast today thats all i can say...

He lets his play talk for him

Sixerlover
04-23-2011, 08:31 PM
I miss the old B-Roy so much man. He was great, simply great. Incredible watching a game like that

Swashcuff
04-23-2011, 08:39 PM
Love this thread.

ecorrea
04-23-2011, 08:40 PM
its def a feel good thread. roy was epic.

pebloemer
04-23-2011, 08:55 PM
Amazing performance from and amazing talent. Given his back story, it gave me goosebumps to watch him perform on that level again. I'm not sure how many games like that we'll see from him in his career, hopefully many more.

Time2Dieeee
04-23-2011, 08:58 PM
Thank You Roy!

Preacher
04-23-2011, 09:02 PM
Well, led back by the supposed corpse of Brandon Roy. That was terrific.

Mishmin
04-23-2011, 09:10 PM
I have this question about tonights performance by Roy. After we all calm down after that inspired win, is this going to be seen as a nostalgic novelty performance, or a sign that he may actually not be as incapable as people are labeling him?

CB29
04-23-2011, 09:15 PM
great job b-roy... you deserved this game

goose15
04-23-2011, 09:18 PM
to Roy: :cheers:

Sportfan
04-23-2011, 09:22 PM
The team I'm, really rooting for in the playoffs other than the Celtics are the Blazers. I really feel for that franchise, Roy was their franchise player and a very tough kid, but knee injuries ****ed him up. Then there's the whole MJ thing, and losing out on Greg Oden to injuries who was supposedly the best big man since David Robinson.

They've had a tough road, but still manage to come out their and play their hearts out. GO blazers!!!

King P
04-23-2011, 09:25 PM
To all the people talking about Roy and his knee problems...

Dejuan Blair has no ACL's. He had them both removed years ago. And he's been pretty solid. Who is to say Roy can't have a solid career (even if he's not a star anymore)?

BrizzleBear
04-23-2011, 09:33 PM
I was hard that whole 4th quarter I love me some B-Roy.

jiggin
04-23-2011, 09:36 PM
now...lets all go visit the "what to do with Brandon Roy" or "where will Roy play next year" threads that were started after game 2.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612956

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612805

I stand by my comment...trade him. Especially if his current "flavor of the month" value can some how make the other teams GM delusional enough to think he's worth the contract!

Bruno
04-23-2011, 10:00 PM
So glad to see Roy dominate the 4th like that. :clap:

Bruno
04-23-2011, 10:02 PM
To all the people talking about Roy and his knee problems...

Dejuan Blair has no ACL's. He had them both removed years ago. And he's been pretty solid. Who is to say Roy can't have a solid career (even if he's not a star anymore)?

Roys issue doesn't have to do with his ACLs really. It's the lack of cartilage under his knee-cap. The constant grinding/impact causes his knees to swell up regularly.

DaBear
04-23-2011, 10:09 PM
If Brandon Roy was a Bull, Knick, Celtic, or Laker, there would be nonstop hate on him. The wonders of playing for a small market team..

NetsPaint
04-23-2011, 10:11 PM
Was very happy for him and Portland. He also played very well the previous game, today, he was amazing.

ManRam
04-23-2011, 10:13 PM
If Brandon Roy was a Bull, Knick, Celtic, or Laker, there would be nonstop hate on him. The wonders of playing for a small market team..

Why so defensive?

I really don't think it matters where he plays. I think people just can understand what he's gone through :shrug:

SeoulBeatz
04-23-2011, 10:19 PM

I dunno about that tbh. Roy is very quiet and soft spoken and doesn't have flashy game that will net national attention.

he's a hard player to hate because he's so grounded and un-flashy.

DaBear
04-23-2011, 10:24 PM
I dunno about that tbh. Roy is very quiet and soft spoken and doesn't have flashy game that will net national attention.

he's a hard player to hate because he's so grounded and un-flashy.

He's not the only player who is well grounded and gets no attention. Kevin Martin says hello, but wait he plays for a big market team.

CavsYanksDuke
04-23-2011, 10:24 PM
B Roy for President!

Mudvayne91
04-23-2011, 10:26 PM
B Roy is doing it big.

Kashmir13579
04-23-2011, 10:34 PM
good for him. before all these injuries he was a top 10 player.

DMasta718
04-23-2011, 10:46 PM
He get standing O from me.. Good for him.:clap:

MattColby
04-23-2011, 11:27 PM
One of the best performances I've seen. Great work by Roy. Good for him.

Cano4prez
04-23-2011, 11:31 PM
It's a shame what injuries have done and will eventually do to his career.

jockrider
04-23-2011, 11:34 PM
Because this is a dumb thread. I'll make a Rose MVP appreciation thread in a few weeks and we'll see what kind of reactions I get.

how is a dumb thread? this was a superstar who had a chance to be an all-time great hof worthy career, and it was cut short because of his knee problems he will never be the same again his career is all but over,

let me put it in a clear picture for you imagine rose just beasts and becomes one of the best players in the nba and than one day shaq or something falls on his knee cap and just shatters it rose is never the same again bulls fans lose their home grown star and the nba loses one of the most promising players in the league.

heattiltheend94
04-23-2011, 11:42 PM
Props to Roy. It is so sad that he is so young and talented, and that his injuries could end his career before his prime. Great moment for him

magichatnumber9
04-23-2011, 11:51 PM
Great player. injuries suck

ManRam
04-24-2011, 12:10 AM
I respond to DaBears, but everyone summed it up for me...

Either way, this isn't about Rose, so who cares? He has plenty of spotlight...just tune into ESPN or listen to the announcer say "Rose is taking over" during a stretch where he's 1-11. ;)

This is about a guy who's injured to the point where he'll never be the same and who has seen his career flash before his eyes. This is about a guy who gets no major-media love. This is about an all-star who instantly regressed to 7 minute-a-game player...and many people felt that's all he'd ever be again. He said how he felt to the media, the media that basically sought everyone's interview except for his in the locker room, and spoke candidly about how he felt. He didn't do it to hurt the team, he did it from the heart. His team understood how he felt, and have rallied behind him.

And now he's balling. It's a great story. I hope the win the series otherwise he won't care...because that's not who he is. He puts the team above himself. He won't be happy with a single great game unless his team moves on.

PurpleJesus28
04-24-2011, 12:10 AM
can't help but feel good for roy. always loved his game, really unfortunate to see his career derailed by injury. he was on the cusp of being one of the next superstars a couple years ago before his knee problems start up, i was actually looking forward to seeing him play this year, but alas, injuries again. hopefully he can somehow stay healthy, we need more players like roy.

BradyIsTheMan12
04-24-2011, 12:28 AM
Loving the props that is being sent Roy's way. I also understand that realistically this doesn't mean he's going to go on to be a perennial All-Star for our franchise again, this is just a great moment for our franchise..and hopefully it can catapult us into the second round.

I'm just glad that we have more meaningful basketball, and possibly a closer for a short time, days like this are why I love the Blazers and still love Brandon Roy. It is going to be a tough series, and maybe just maybe the basketball Gods will give us some help along the way :)

Car Ramrod
04-24-2011, 12:37 AM
It reminds me of Grant Hill years ago. Everytime you thought he was playing again there would be another setback.

If any player went through what Brandon Roy has gone through people would appreciate it. But Roy will get alot of love because he deserves it. He was all star player that never complained, plays hard every night, and is good in the community. He is hard not to like.

That being said I believe he is good enough to adjust his game and still be a great player for a few more years. He is what the league needs more of.

reemy
04-24-2011, 02:18 AM
Nothing but respect for Roy and Aldridge

Bruno
04-24-2011, 02:32 AM
I respond to DaBears, but everyone summed it up for me...

Either way, this isn't about Rose, so who cares? He has plenty of spotlight...just tune into ESPN or listen to the announcer say "Rose is taking over" during a stretch where he's 1-11. ;)

This is about a guy who's injured to the point where he'll never be the same and who has seen his career flash before his eyes. This is about a guy who gets no major-media love. This is about an all-star who instantly regressed to 7 minute-a-game player...and many people felt that's all he'd ever be again. He said how he felt to the media, the media that basically sought everyone's interview except for his in the locker room, and spoke candidly about how he felt. He didn't do it to hurt the team, he did it from the heart. His team understood how he felt, and have rallied behind him.

And now he's balling. It's a great story. I hope the win the series otherwise he won't care...because that's not who he is. He puts the team above himself. He won't be happy with a single great game unless his team moves on.

Loving the props that is being sent Roy's way. I also understand that realistically this doesn't mean he's going to go on to be a perennial All-Star for our franchise again, this is just a great moment for our franchise..and hopefully it can catapult us into the second round.

I'm just glad that we have more meaningful basketball, and possibly a closer for a short time, days like this are why I love the Blazers and still love Brandon Roy. It is going to be a tough series, and maybe just maybe the basketball Gods will give us some help along the way :)

:clap: 100% spot on.

ecorrea
04-24-2011, 02:36 AM
i just have to bump this thread one more time. roy was a beast tonight. epic performance for a guy with his situation, let alone for anyone healthy or not.

tredigs
04-24-2011, 03:53 AM
Sign me up too. I sympathized with him when he said what he said...and I'm happy he's playing well again. Hopefully his career can still be a success...

With that said, it was one game. I'm sure he won't be happy with any of this unless they win the series.

It was a statement though my man... ram.

B. Roy came out tonight under the highest powered of microscopes and put on a 4th quarter performance that rivals with a lot legends performances. To do that on his knees is a testament to how great this guy really can be.

NINER/BLAZER
04-24-2011, 01:34 PM

That + he is such a likable guy. Name one on those teams

drobe86
04-24-2011, 01:38 PM
Great game by Roy. But I could really do without all the crying. You're a grown *** man bro good game. No need to cry and look for sympathy every game. I feel like he'll do anything just to get back into the spotlight. Great game nonetheless, but stop all that damn crying.....

MelkyNYY
04-24-2011, 10:56 PM
Did people really manage to make this thread about D-Rose? Wow. Here's the key difference: Portland fans don't tell us how great Roy is on a daily basis. One thread suffices.

Brilliant game by Roy. Just brilliant.

Chronz
04-24-2011, 11:43 PM
Didn't dragic do this last year?

Hustlenomics
04-25-2011, 10:37 PM
^ Dragic had bad knees?

jiggin
04-25-2011, 10:58 PM
brandon and his knees...back to earth...26 minutes, 5 points.

Glad all the hoop-ha was made about him being back...about how he needs more minutes. Don't give him 10, give him 12...no...now 26 and he posts 5 points!

Should have kept with the plan Nate, but you let him coach you and you let the media help him.