View Full Version : Free Throw Attempts so far for these players

knightstemplar
04-23-2011, 03:13 PM
FTA/game so far in playoffs

D. Rose - 16.3
D. Nowitzki - 12.3
L. James - 11.3
K. Durant - 11.0

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/scoring-per-game/sort/avgPoints/year/2011/seasontype/3

*Superman*
04-23-2011, 03:14 PM
smh at Rose. Where is Howard?

knightstemplar
04-23-2011, 03:16 PM
smh at Rose. Where is Howard?

howards at 16.7, but i didnt put him on there because hes a center

ManRam
04-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Rose has earned the most. Not sure if he's earned every trip to the line (no one has, I'm sure), but he's been attacking the rim at an insanely high rate...

goblazers7
04-23-2011, 03:27 PM
Dirk...such little girl.

assisi805
04-23-2011, 03:28 PM
Wow dirk

knightstemplar
04-23-2011, 03:29 PM
Dirk...such little girl.

he owned your team in the 4th quarter in game 1-2

knightstemplar
04-23-2011, 03:31 PM
OMG rose still has 0 FTA this game :speechless:

dnewguy
04-23-2011, 03:32 PM
lol @ 16.3

210Don
04-23-2011, 03:33 PM
dirk gets so much love from the refs...

ManRam
04-23-2011, 03:34 PM
I really don't think it's crazy for Rose to be that high. I'm no Rose fan, but it's not hard to notice if you have an objective eye, that he's had the ball in his hands more than probably any other player, and he's definitely been attacking more than anyone else. You attack the paint and get to the rim, and you'll be rewarded for it. That's how you draw fouls, and that's what Rose is doing.

It isn't "star" calls, it's him forcing the issue and attacking and being aggressive.

Dirk that high is a bit surprising, just because he doesn't play like Rose and James do, but I'll admit I haven't watched as much of that series as the rest.

championships
04-23-2011, 03:36 PM
Kobe at 7.7. And you guys say he gets star treatment. LOL

Hustlenomics
04-23-2011, 03:41 PM
16?! :speechless:

KingsMadness44
04-23-2011, 03:42 PM
^ hes been settleing for jump shots what do you expect........a more interesting stat would be how many fouls each of those players average per game

without looking it up im sure lebron isnt averaging more then 1 so far

ManRam
04-23-2011, 03:47 PM

Kobe hasn't been attacking the rim like he used to back in his youthful days for a few years now. A lot of jumpers, back downs and threes for him. So that's not surprising. He doesn't go to the rim almost every possession like LeBron, Rose, Wade etc. do.

C-Style
04-23-2011, 03:50 PM

^ No, now they say he doesn't drive enough, but once u debunk thaT ur gonna get another excuse! lol

C-Style
04-23-2011, 03:51 PM
^ hes been settleing for jump shots what do you expect........a more interesting stat would be how many fouls each of those players average per game

without looking it up im sure lebron isnt averaging more then 1 so far

actually hes being taking it to the bigs chest more often than not! watch the games.

Wade>You
04-23-2011, 03:52 PM
I really don't think it's crazy for Rose to be that high. I'm no Rose fan, but it's not hard to notice if you have an objective eye, that he's had the ball in his hands more than probably any other player, and he's definitely been attacking more than anyone else. You attack the paint and get to the rim, and you'll be rewarded for it. That's how you draw fouls, and that's what Rose is doing.

It isn't "star" calls, it's him forcing the issue and attacking and being aggressive.

Dirk that high is a bit surprising, just because he doesn't play like Rose and James do, but I'll admit I haven't watched as much of that series as the rest.It's not that Rose is getting calls, it's the fact that the teams they play are making an equal amount of contact but see about half the calls.

Also, the counterpart PG is beating Rose off the dribble, but the Bulls/Rose just take turns hacking his arm or playing them physical, and the refs swallow their whistle and it turns into a magical Bulls fast break. That isn't defense, but I'm sure people don't know any better, or don't care because they love the Bulls.

The games are decided by a few points while the other team is dominating for 3 quarters, and all the Bulls have to do is put their heads down, go to the rim, wait for the whistle, then just mug the other team on defense without repercussions.

Profit.

knightstemplar
04-23-2011, 03:52 PM
actually hes being taking it to the bigs chest more often than not! watch the games.

yeah game 2 was a disgrace, kobe went hard and got so much contact that he fell down but no calls like 3 times in that game

while a little bump on rose is a foul

ugottabjoshinme
04-23-2011, 03:56 PM
It's not that Rose is getting calls, it's the fact that the teams they play are making an equal amount of contact but see about half the calls.

Also, the counterpart PG is beating Rose off the dribble, but the Bulls/Rose just take turns hacking his arm or playing them physical, and the refs swallow their whistle and it turns into a magical Bulls fast break. That isn't defense, but I'm sure people don't know any better, or don't care because they love the Bulls.

The games are decided by a few points while the other team is dominating for 3 quarters, and all the Bulls have to do is put their heads down, go to the rim, wait for the whistle, then just mug the other team on defense without repercussions.

Profit.

:laugh2:

ManRam
04-23-2011, 03:57 PM
yeah game 2 was a disgrace, kobe went hard and got so much contact that he fell down but no calls like 3 times in that game

while a little bump on rose is a foul

Kobe took 10 shots that game...hard to get to the line a ton when you aren't shooting it a ton :shrug:

Rose is averaging 22 shots a game. So the fact that Kobe is at 7.7 and Rose is at 16+ makes a bit more sense with that being considered, does it not?

Even in game 1, where Kobe took a ton of shots, 18 of his 26 shots were outside the paint :shrug:

You're not going to ever convince me that Kobe attacks the rim as much as Rose. It's not a bad thing, because unlike Rose, Kobe is a great shooter and a great midrange player...but he just doesn't attack as much.

Hustlenomics
04-23-2011, 04:05 PM
It's not that Rose is getting calls, it's the fact that the teams they play are making an equal amount of contact but see about half the calls.

Profit.
true

knightstemplar
04-23-2011, 04:14 PM
FTA in 3 games combined

Rose - 49
Pacers - 62

KingsMadness44
04-23-2011, 04:32 PM

ive been watching the games thats how i know he is taking more jumpshots. not saying its a bad thing just saying he's not attacking.

KingsMadness44
04-23-2011, 04:36 PM

Profit.

please tell me you are not implying that the bulls are the only team getting the benefits of making more contact on the defensive end?

shizzle09
04-23-2011, 04:43 PM
SO annoying listening to people always bringing up foul shot totals. It's called you attack the basket and you earn FT's. People complaining saying "if you even breathe on so and so they call a foul" are the fans of the teams losing to these players. plain and simple. Rose earns his FT's because he attacks the basket so hard they have to foul him. The funny thing is listening to bulls fans in various threads now defending Rose and his FT attempts because 1 month ago these same fans were the ones complaining about Wade and LBJ's FT totals. Welcome to our world. Rose has now joined the group of players people ***** about when it comes to FT's.

ManRam
04-23-2011, 04:53 PM
SO annoying listening to people always bringing up foul shot totals. It's called you attack the basket and you earn FT's. People complaining saying "if you even breathe on so and so they call a foul" are the fans of the teams losing to these players. plain and simple. Rose earns his FT's because he attacks the basket so hard they have to foul him. The funny thing is listening to bulls fans in various threads now defending Rose and his FT attempts because 1 month ago these same fans were the ones complaining about Wade and LBJ's FT totals. Welcome to our world. Rose has now joined the group of players people ***** about when it comes to FT's.

It really is the thing that annoys me the most in basketball.

People don't understand why the best players get to the line the most and do so so consistently...it's because they earn it.

shizzle09
04-23-2011, 04:57 PM
It really is the thing that annoys me the most in basketball.

People don't understand why the best players get to the line the most and do so so consistently...it's because they earn it.

so annoying! This year especially. Seems like the refs are talked about more than the players.

Jewelz0376
04-23-2011, 05:10 PM
so annoying! This year especially. Seems like the refs are talked about more than the players.

Lol it may not be you...but i've heard Heat fans complain about the refs more than anyone on here...It seems like almost every time the Heat lost to a good team, a good amount of them would blame it on the refs...

One in particular I remember made a thread saying that should file a complain to the league office or something like that :laugh2:

It also might seem like that to me cause I'm from Mia and all of my friends back there stayed complaining about the refs lol after the Heat loss

kArSoN RyDaH
04-23-2011, 05:11 PM
Stern is really pushing for this Bulls finals match up.