PDA

View Full Version : Would the Cavs have won a championship with Lebron and Carlos Boozer?

Ty Fast
04-23-2011, 12:15 PM
What the Cavs lacked was a #2 option after Lebron and Boozer would have been a lot better #2 than Mo Williams, but would he have been enough to help them get over the hump?

tcav701
04-23-2011, 12:17 PM
Well if that were the case, the Heat and Bulls wouldnt be contenders so maybe.

Cali4rnia
04-23-2011, 12:27 PM
lebron is not gonna win till kobe era exist.

RenegadeRiot36
04-23-2011, 12:30 PM
He means if Boozer never backed out on the Cavs. They were actually both on the team LeBrons rookie year. The Cavs had a team option on Boozer and were going to exercise it, but Boozer promised he would sign a long term extension with them so they declined it. He then turned his back and went to the Jazz. The question is if he had stayed, would they have won a championship or not.

Personally I say yes. We all saw what kind of pick and roll player Boozer was with Deron Williams. If you subbed DWill with LBJ, it would have been unstoppable. But at this point, i dont really give a **** because these are probably the two players I hate in the league the most as a bitter Cavs fan lol.

justinnum1
04-23-2011, 12:33 PM
boozer is more like a 3rd or 4th option

JordansBulls
04-25-2011, 06:25 PM
No, because who knows if Boozer grows into the player he became playing with Deron vs playing with Lebron.

Jewelz0376
04-25-2011, 06:33 PM
I vote No...

Although if the Cavs would've traded for Amare last year I think they might have won it...

MalZee24
04-25-2011, 06:33 PM
Maybe.

It's just hard to believe Lebron made it to the finals one year with his 4 fellow starters being Ilgauskus, Gooden, Larry Hughes, and Eric Snow..... and laker fans want to make fun of lebron for getting swept in the finals... uhhh... look at that supporting cast and tell me how the cavs made it to the finals in the first place? Maybe because lebron took that pathetic team there on his back? I'm not saying Boozer's great, but he's a superstar compared to the other 4 that were on the Cavs finals 2007 team.

MalZee24
04-25-2011, 06:35 PM
I vote No...

Although if the Cavs would've traded for Amare last year I think they might have won it...

Agree 100%. Instead, the cavs settled for Antwan Jamison aka a shooting guard trapped in a power forward's body. That was just another failure on the cavs management/front office to get lebron the pieces necessary to win a title. No wonder the former GM of the cavs, danny ferry, got fired.

championships
04-25-2011, 06:44 PM
No. They still wouldn't have beat the Spurs in the finals. Then the next year Bostons big 3 got together, So the Cavs wouldn't have got past them.

giants73756
04-25-2011, 06:48 PM
No, because who knows if Boozer grows into the player he became playing with Deron vs playing with Lebron.

This is true. But I think if Boozer were to develop into the player he became, he would have helped LeBron to at least one championship in Cleveland.

The Jokemaker
04-25-2011, 06:57 PM
No. Lebron can't win one with Wade and Bosh this season so how could he have won one with just Boozer? Would it have helped? Yes but ultimately I don't think they would have.

giants73756
04-25-2011, 07:05 PM
No. Lebron can't win one with Wade and Bosh this season so how could he have won one with just Boozer? Would it have helped? Yes but ultimately I don't think they would have.

Wade is much more of a ballhog than Boozer. I'm not so sure about Bosh. Do you wonder why the Heat are much worse this year than the Cavs were last year? The Cavs worked better with LeBron than the Heat do this year. Wade is overrated garbage who takes points away from LeBron. You need players who can complement LeBron. You don't need huge egos like Wade who take away his opportunities.

Swashcuff
04-25-2011, 07:08 PM
Wade is much more of a ballhog than Boozer. I'm not so sure about Bosh. Do you wonder why the Heat are much worse this year than the Cavs were last year? The Cavs worked better with LeBron than the Heat do this year. Wade is overrated garbage who takes points away from LeBron. You need players who can complement LeBron. You don't need huge egos like Wade who take away his opportunities.

And the thread goes downhill from here.

Law25
04-25-2011, 07:17 PM
I say no. The last 4 years including this year Boozer has been flat out pathetic in the playoffs. At first i thought it was the Lakers and ther great team size that was to much for him, but so far as an Bull and an very expensive Bull he's has been an non factor. I think Boozer leaving was the best thing for LeBron honestly and will be for Rose also.

giants73756
04-25-2011, 07:24 PM
And the thread goes downhill from here.

I've never understood why the Heat are worse this year than the Cavs were last year. It isn't because LeBron got worse. Could you help me understand why?

JasonJohnHorn
04-25-2011, 07:31 PM
I cant honestly say for sure. I think the Boozer thing actually ended up working out for them because they got Varajoa and Gooden. I think with Big Z, Big V, Gooden and Hickson, they would have had a solid front court rotation, and while Mo-Will is no D-Will, I think the thing they were sorely missing wasn't a second option exactly, but defence and shooting at the shooting guard position. I think a guy like Rip Hamilton, would have helped, or Trevor Ariza. those two would have been ideal. They didnt need Jamison, and wouldnt have needed Boozer. They needed a couple of shooters who could defend at SG. They had pretty much everything else a team could want.

tjlipford
04-25-2011, 07:31 PM
Agree 100%. Instead, the cavs settled for Antwan Jamison aka a shooting guard trapped in a power forward's body. That was just another failure on the cavs management/front office to get lebron the pieces necessary to win a title. No wonder the former GM of the cavs, danny ferry, got fired.

Man Kerr wasn't gonna give up Amare plain and simple for what we were offering. Ferry didn't get fired he stepped down. We traded for Jamison which didn't turn out to be as good as everyone thought, but the front office did what they could IMO. Yes, they could've done better now that everything happened an he doesn't play here any more and we didn't win a ring, but I mean at some point Lebron has to take blame in it as well. I mean the only time he can win something is when he is on th Olympic team? He plays with the Heat now so he shouldn't have a problem winning for the next 6-7 years right? Too many excuses IMO, but I'll just sit back & watch these playoffs & see if he realizes that Wade is a way better closer than him so he can stop shooting soft *** shots when his teams really needs him

Cal827
04-25-2011, 07:32 PM
No. They still wouldn't have beat the Spurs in the finals. Then the next year Bostons big 3 got together, So the Cavs wouldn't have got past them.

Yes, the big three did form and won the title, but didn't Cleveland take them to 7 games the next year, barely losing the final one? If Boozer had stayed, him and Lebron would have had time to mesh their respective games and I think they would have at least reached the finals one more time, possibly winning if the "right" opponent won the west.

Lakersfan2483
04-25-2011, 07:35 PM
What the Cavs lacked was a #2 option after Lebron and Boozer would have been a lot better #2 than Mo Williams, but would he have been enough to help them get over the hump?

No.

KnicksR4Real
04-25-2011, 07:35 PM
I guess threads are stupud

KnicksR4Real
04-25-2011, 07:36 PM
Yes, the big three did form and won the title, but didn't Cleveland take them to 7 games the next year, barely losing the final one? If Boozer had stayed, him and Lebron would have had time to mesh with their respective games and I think they would have at least reached reached the finals one more time possibly winning if the "right" opponent won the west.

well said

Swashcuff
04-25-2011, 08:06 PM
I've never understood why the Heat are worse this year than the Cavs were last year. It isn't because LeBron got worse. Could you help me understand why?

Could you help me understand why Team USA took home the bronze in the 04 Olympics?

I guess it's because of that "garbage" player Dwyane Wade right?

koreancabbage
04-25-2011, 08:17 PM
prob, Lebron got all the way to the finals by himself.

mamba24
04-25-2011, 08:38 PM
He's not gonna win with Wade and Bosh... No way he woulda won with Boozer lol...

mamba24
04-25-2011, 08:39 PM
Lesuck will never win a championship...

mamba24
04-25-2011, 08:44 PM
Maybe.

It's just hard to believe Lebron made it to the finals one year with his 4 fellow starters being Ilgauskus, Gooden, Larry Hughes, and Eric Snow..... and laker fans want to make fun of lebron for getting swept in the finals... uhhh... look at that supporting cast and tell me how the cavs made it to the finals in the first place? Maybe because lebron took that pathetic team there on his back? I'm not saying Boozer's great, but he's a superstar compared to the other 4 that were on the Cavs finals 2007 team.

I didn't see anyone say that in this thread... In fact I haven't seen that written in years lol... you pulled that one from left field kid...

MiamiWadeCounty
04-25-2011, 08:47 PM

Lol, Lebron has a career average of about 28pts, he is averaging about 27pts this year. What a ballhog Wade is stealing one point. I agree Wade and LEbron aren't perfect compliments, but you can't make a case that Lebron still isn't getting his.

mamba24
04-25-2011, 08:49 PM
Could you help me understand why Team USA took home the bronze in the 04 Olympics?

you basically just said they came in 3rd cuz of wade... thats something to be proud of lol...

giants73756
04-25-2011, 10:25 PM
Lol, Lebron has a career average of about 28pts, he is averaging about 27pts this year. What a ballhog Wade is stealing one point. I agree Wade and LEbron aren't perfect compliments, but you can't make a case that Lebron still isn't getting his.

I just can't explain why the Heat weren't the best team this year and I'm trying to figure out a reason why. The Cavs went from the best team to the worst team when they lost LeBron. The Heat weren't nearly as good as last year's Cavs. Why is that? Ask yourself why that is. I'm just looking for an answer.

Don't hate on me just because I think it's all Wade's fault. That seems to be the best theory for now.

Whomewhome
04-25-2011, 10:31 PM
NO NO and NO. The Cavs were missing a good coach, it's a simple as that. Put Rick Adelman in the Cavs last year or the year before and the Cavs would have probably won! But their coach was never good enough to win the whole thing

Hangtime
04-25-2011, 11:50 PM
They would have still lost to Spurs, Celtics, or Lakers. All would have still been better teams in that time span.

Ty Fast
04-25-2011, 11:57 PM

dont blame the cavs. they tried hard to get him.

Arch Stanton
04-26-2011, 12:10 AM

You're completely wrong. First of all Danny Ferry wasn't fired, he quit. And second, they tried to get Amare but the Suns were never going to make that trade. They kept delaying and delaying and the Cavs went to their second option Antawn which wasn't such a bad option seeing they gave up literally nothing for him.

P-O-Z
04-26-2011, 12:18 AM
lmao at some of the posts in this thread

Arch Stanton
04-26-2011, 12:20 AM
Here's a great article on the Cavs and the mistakes they've made:
http://www.cavstheblog.com/?p=4027

RaidersLakers24
04-26-2011, 12:27 AM
Maybe.

Ugh why do you mention laker fans? Btw ilgalskus was still pretty good that year so was Larry Hughes Eric snow was a good role player and gooden ha always been a consistent 12-15 point player not to mention the east was weak that year!

Ilgalskus>mihm
gooden>kwame brown
Lebron>Lamar
Hughes<Kobe
Snow>smash Parker

So as you can see kobes team was trash compared to lebrons Kobes team actually makes lebrons team look like the best in the league

cubswin25
04-26-2011, 12:40 AM
I think there's a decent chance the Cavs could have won a title if they had Boozer. It's not like the Cavs have gotten destroyed in the playoffs, they usually lose to these teams in 6 or 7 games. If you have another allstar level player and are using him right, it makes a big difference. Everyone talks about last years Cavs team and the talent on it. But that was probably the most talented Cavs team and that team wasn't that great. Before that Lebron was taking his team deep in the playoffs, with guys like Drew Gooden or Ben Wallace at PF. Even Larry Hughes was the number two scoring option at one point on those teams. So if he had Boozer for what five seasons? They might have won a title at some point there. Lebron, Boozer, Mo Williams, Shaq, Varejao, Parker and others would have been a pretty good team. But I guess it all depends on how you use Boozer though. If the Cavs used him like the Bulls did the past 30 games or so, then they probably don't win anything. For Boozer to be good he needs to be one of the main focuses on offense. The team needs to set him up well in the post, and they need to run plays for him. He's not very good when he's just roaming around and getting shots here and there. Especially if those shots he gets aren't close to the basket. Bulls fans are finding that out right now, and they need get Boozer involved on offense a little more and do better on getting him the ball when he reposts.

MalZee24
04-26-2011, 07:40 PM
Ugh why do you mention laker fans? Btw ilgalskus was still pretty good that year so was Larry Hughes Eric snow was a good role player and gooden ha always been a consistent 12-15 point player not to mention the east was weak that year!

Ilgalskus>mihm
gooden>kwame brown
Lebron>Lamar
Hughes<Kobe
Snow>smash Parker

So as you can see kobes team was trash compared to lebrons Kobes team actually makes lebrons team look like the best in the league

ummm okay? but that team kobe had, did they ever make the finals? nope. they got the 7th seed and lost to the suns in the 1st round. so what's your point? yeah, that team kobe had was trash. what's your point though? it's amazing how lebron got that equally trash team to the finals in the weak east. if the cavs were in the west, they wouldnt have gotten to the finals with that team. what's your point?

And if you're a laker fan, you need to do some history work. i'm not a laker fan and i know more than u. kwame didn't start with mihm. Caron butler was the staring small forward. It went like this.

Z>Mihm
Gooden<Odom
Lebron>Butler
Hughes<Bryant
Snow<Fisher

3 to 2 in the lakers favor. okay, snow and fisher should be tied right? okay, so it's 2-2 with a tie at the pg. Whatever, it doesn't matter because both teams were garbage right? We can agree on that. The east was weak, you said it yourself. That's the only reason why the cavs made it to the finals. In the west, the cavs would have been out in the 1st or 2nd round like the lakers. What's your point anyways? I don't get what you're trying to say...

MalZee24
04-26-2011, 07:42 PM
You're completely wrong. First of all Danny Ferry wasn't fired, he quit. And second, they tried to get Amare but the Suns were never going to make that trade. They kept delaying and delaying and the Cavs went to their second option Antawn which wasn't such a bad option seeing they gave up literally nothing for him.

:laugh: you're the one that's wrong. Although not completely. Ferry quit because he was going to get fired. So he quit before they could fire him. And yeah, the suns kept delaying, but if the cavs management was any good, they would have found a way to somehow get Amare or at least Bosh because Bosh almost got traded at the deadline last year. And yeah, they didn't give up much to get Antwan. But the point is, they didn't address what they needed and that was an inside presence. They needed a gasol. They didn't get that. They got a PF that shoots 3's all day instead.

hyb152
04-26-2011, 07:52 PM
Maybe.

x2. i agree with this post

jimbobjarree
04-26-2011, 07:59 PM
Their best shot really was in 06/07, when Boozer was carrying the Jazz to the WCF, and Lebron the same for the Cavs in the East. Even then though, Boozer was largely inneffective v Duncan and the bigger Spurs.

The first 2 years in Utah, he was severely injured, and 07/08 came along the big 3 in Boston, so it would have had to be 06/07. Was Carlos Boozer enough to turn around the Cavs sweep to the Spurs though?