PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Grind House !!

mzgrizz
04-23-2011, 12:09 PM
Let's Go Grizzlies !!! Let's rock and roll downtown tonight!!!!!
I just love the way Tony Allen has captured the essence of this team and city!! I want to see ALL of the Grizz come out with intensity,grit and determination to show the basketball world who we are !!!! . :clap::clap::clap:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/apr/23/nba-playoffs-game-3-spurs-at-grizzlies-630-pm-on/

PennyMy#1
05-15-2011, 06:18 PM
Don't know where to post. So I don't open a new thread for this:

Just wanted to know if Penny Hardaway showed up during Playoffs or during the Season. I heard he come to Grizz games ?

Thanks for reply

mzgrizz
05-15-2011, 06:57 PM
Don't know where to post. So I don't open a new thread for this:

Just wanted to know if Penny Hardaway showed up during Playoffs or during the Season. I heard he come to Grizz games ?

Thanks for reply

Penny comes to a lot of the games and he did come to Game 4 (or 6??) and shot FT/3 pointers to win the crowd free food !

PennyMy#1
05-17-2011, 06:00 PM
Penny comes to a lot of the games and he did come to Game 4 (or 6??) and shot FT/3 pointers to win the crowd free food !

Well, thank you Miss ;)

I knew he went a lot to the Tigers games. But, when I saw him (on the internet) sitting courtside on a Grizzlies game, I really, really, really hoped so bad the Grizz would sign him for one more year as vet. :p I know he still has something left in him and, Conley definitely would benefit from Penny as a mentor ;)

mzgrizz
05-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Well, thank you Miss ;)

I knew he went a lot to the Tigers games. But, when I saw him (on the internet) sitting courtside on a Grizzlies game, I really, really, really hoped so bad the Grizz would sign him for one more year as vet. :p I know he still has something left in him and, Conley definitely would benefit from Penny as a mentor ;)

I had hoped they would,too, but they went the JWill way. I see Penny occasionally out on the golf course,too.

PennyMy#1
05-18-2011, 04:55 PM
I had hoped they would,too, but they went the JWill way. I see Penny occasionally out on the golf course,too.

Exactly my thought too ! The last moment I had it was when the Grizzlies sigend J-Will. I haven't followed him that much in Memphis, but he looked really tired, done and washed up in his last time in ORL. So I thought, hey ... give Penny a chance. He would have definitely had more thrill to play for you, for Memphis, than J-Will. And a young PG like Conley or Vasquez would benefit from having Hardaway around. He still goes to the gym and all that stuff, is in good shape. But, I don't think anyone will ever give him a new chance ...

Your "I see Penny" sounds a bit like: That you talk to him a bit when he's on the golf court ? I'm excited to know what is yours and what is his handicap ;)
And btw: It's pretty empty in the Grizz Forum, isn't it ? Or is this just because you are out of the Playoffs now ?

NetsPaint
05-18-2011, 05:19 PM
J-Will played great for the little time he played in his second run with Memphis. He's had injuries, but is still pretty quick. Would have loved to see him in the Playoffs and I think the Grizzlies could have benefited from him (although it might have worked out that Vasquez played a bunch of minutes because he shined in a few games).

That'd be awesome if Penny signed with the Grizzlies!

mzgrizz
05-18-2011, 08:24 PM
Exactly my thought too ! The last moment I had it was when the Grizzlies sigend J-Will. I haven't followed him that much in Memphis, but he looked really tired, done and washed up in his last time in ORL. So I thought, hey ... give Penny a chance. He would have definitely had more thrill to play for you, for Memphis, than J-Will. And a young PG like Conley or Vasquez would benefit from having Hardaway around. He still goes to the gym and all that stuff, is in good shape. But, I don't think anyone will ever give him a new chance ...

Your "I see Penny" sounds a bit like: That you talk to him a bit when he's on the golf court ? I'm excited to know what is yours and what is his handicap ;)
And btw: It's pretty empty in the Grizz Forum, isn't it ? Or is this just because you are out of the Playoffs now ?

I met Penny when he played for the Tigers years ago. I haven't seen him in the club house yet to say hello. I think he mostly plays there sporadically and doesn't hang around. I hear he's a good player.
It's a private course called Spring Creek Ranch.
This forum had been pretty empty until this playoff run. We hope more people will be interested in our team and will join us throughout the year.

mzgrizz
05-18-2011, 08:29 PM
J-Will played great for the little time he played in his second run with Memphis. He's had injuries, but is still pretty quick. Would have loved to see him in the Playoffs and I think the Grizzlies could have benefited from him (although it might have worked out that Vasquez played a bunch of minutes because he shined in a few games).

That'd be awesome if Penny signed with the Grizzlies!

JWill had to quit playing because of his back. I wanted them to sign Penny last year but I guess FO didn't !! I thought he would have made a great draw for attendance. But that's not a problem now TG!!!

PennyMy#1
05-19-2011, 05:48 PM
I met Penny when he played for the Tigers years ago. I haven't seen him in the club house yet to say hello. I think he mostly plays there sporadically and doesn't hang around. I hear he's a good player.
It's a private course called Spring Creek Ranch.
This forum had been pretty empty until this playoff run. We hope more people will be interested in our team and will join us throughout the year.

I like the thought of Penny playing with his Nike Penny's a bogey somewhere in Memphis :D Too bad there is nothing new about Lil' Penny ... :p

From Germany here I can't watch anything. We don't have Basketball in TV not even in Pay-TV. So I can only see bit in the Internet from the Grizz, and from what I've seen, Memphis made really good work by making a team out of the players. Z-Bo was called a cancer. Mayo was "on the go". And then there is the Rudy-Situation, too. So ... I think it can be expected more of this team when the core stays healthy and together. Just ... in retrospective ... the Thabeet pick could've made the diffrence this year, when you would've picked Tyreke Evans instead. And I'm not sure what to think of Tony Allen. I mean ... his caracter ... :crazy: :D

mzgrizz
05-19-2011, 11:30 PM
I like the thought of Penny playing with his Nike Penny's a bogey somewhere in Memphis :D Too bad there is nothing new about Lil' Penny ... :p

From Germany here I can't watch anything. We don't have Basketball in TV not even in Pay-TV. So I can only see bit in the Internet from the Grizz, and from what I've seen, Memphis made really good work by making a team out of the players. Z-Bo was called a cancer. Mayo was "on the go". And then there is the Rudy-Situation, too. So ... I think it can be expected more of this team when the core stays healthy and together. Just ... in retrospective ... the Thabeet pick could've made the diffrence this year, when you would've picked Tyreke Evans instead. And I'm not sure what to think of Tony Allen. I mean ... his caracter ... :crazy: :D

Oh no !! Tony is FABULOUS ! He is the spark that lit the fire in their bellies many game nights. ZBo has turned into a wonderful citizen and Rudy's return is anxiously anticipated. OJ may be the only one to be leaving, and that isn't a given. We have a very bright future here in Memphis !

PennyMy#1
05-23-2011, 08:14 AM
Oh no !! Tony is FABULOUS ! He is the spark that lit the fire in their bellies many game nights. ZBo has turned into a wonderful citizen and Rudy's return is anxiously anticipated. OJ may be the only one to be leaving, and that isn't a given. We have a very bright future here in Memphis !

Yup ! Sounds great. Though I hear a lot about trading Rudy Gay. Losing Gay and Mayo at the same time would really be hard to compensate imo. I think I would try to keep the roster as much together as possible. Let Rudy try to be a part of this team and of course make Gasol and Mayo stay ... I still think it's quite unbelievable how quiet and unnoticed Memphis build a really serious team ...