PDA

View Full Version : If Players Didn't Get Injured...

jonline87
04-23-2011, 12:06 PM
...would Portland be the best team in the league?

Miller-Roy-Matthews-Aldridge-Oden-Wallace-Camby-Pryzbila-Fernandez

...or do they play better/similar without Roy or Oden?

...or would they be better but still not the best?

(I thought of this thread after reading the thread about Rudy Gay, whether he would make them any better or not)

...and what other teams would be automatic contenders if there were no injuries?

Boston with a healthy Shaq?
Miami with a healthy Haslem?
Houston with a healthy Yao?
Memphis with a healthy Gay?
Dallas with a healthy Butler?

Do any of these really change the outlook of the league?

ManRam
04-23-2011, 12:13 PM
I think Portland is the only team that would be markedly better if healthy. A healthy Shaq marginally improves Boston; Haslem would help a bit, but he's not a game-changer; Memphis has played better without Gay, coincidence or not; Butler wasn't even having a great year...

But Portland with Roy as a top 10-15 player and Oden as a top 5-7 center would be better. I don't think either of those two players are the type that would force a team to change in a negative way.

Best team? I don't know if they would be or not, but they'd be a hell of a lot better, and I'm sure of that.

TboneM3
04-23-2011, 12:16 PM
If not for injuries, Lakers would clearly be the best, they're it already and a healthy Bynum is rediculous.

sep11ie
04-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Portland would be a great team, but one thing about injuries is if they didn't happen they never would have traded for G Force or Camby.

Houston would still have Tracy and Yao with an improved Lowry and Scola.

I don't think shaq would change the fact that Celtics are up 3-0 in the series. Haslem would make a lil difference, but once again, they are up 3-0. Dallas did fine all year without Butler, and like ManRam said, Memphis has played better without Gay.

KnicksorBust
04-23-2011, 12:51 PM
...would Portland be the best team in the league?

Miller-Roy-Matthews-Aldridge-Oden-Wallace-Camby-Pryzbila-Fernandez

...or do they play better/similar without Roy or Oden?

...or would they be better but still not the best?

(I thought of this thread after reading the thread about Rudy Gay, whether he would make them any better or not)

...and what other teams would be automatic contenders if there were no injuries?

Boston with a healthy Shaq?
Miami with a healthy Haslem?
Houston with a healthy Yao?
Memphis with a healthy Gay?
Dallas with a healthy Butler?

Do any of these really change the outlook of the league?

Portland wouldn't become the best team but they would become the deepest team. Roy at 100% was right below the Kobe/Wade threshold of shooting guards. I think they could make a run but still wouldn't be a title team this year.

assisi805
04-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Portland would be the favourite assuming Oden pans out for college just because he was healthy wouldnt mean he was good.