PDA

View Full Version : Do the Celtics have their swagger back?

hotpotato1092
04-23-2011, 11:09 AM
After winning two really close games at home then walloping the Knicks on their home court, do the Celtics have their swagger back? It looks like it to me. The Knicks were the perfect team to play Boston, a team that could push them, make them work, but not actually beat them, and since they have the two stars the Celtics would take more pride in beating them. It's a good thing too, it makes the rest of the playoffs way more interesting. At the very least it means we'll get a great series out of them and the Heat next round.

celtics_4life
04-23-2011, 11:21 AM
boston celtics never did lose their swagger!

tcav701
04-23-2011, 11:29 AM
boston celtics never did lose their swagger!

They sure did when Kristic and Davis were playing the 5.

If Jermaine keeps playing the way he is on D then the Celtics are the Celtics again and are a HUGE threat to win the title.

Rondo being aggresive and the defensive presence of JO'neil have returned the swagger to the Boston Bullies.

mzgrizz
04-23-2011, 11:35 AM
Looks more like controlled determination to me!

heyman321
04-23-2011, 11:37 AM
They sure did when Kristic and Davis were playing the 5.

If Jermaine keeps playing the way he is on D then the Celtics are the Celtics again and are a HUGE threat to win the title.

Rondo being aggresive and the defensive presence of JO'neil have returned the swagger to the Boston Bullies.

I'm amazed that Jermaine O'Neal's knees haven't exploded and guts stated flying everywhere, it's unbelievable. Also, if Shaq can return and play for the stretch run, Celtics could def make it to the Finals again.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
04-23-2011, 11:47 AM
IMO if JO stays healthy and Shaq comes back, its in the bag...

when Rondo shouts for the ball after a TO or rebound, you know the C's are gonna win. cause when he does that, you know his agressiveness is at 10 and that almost gaurantees a triple-double

avrpatsfan
04-23-2011, 11:55 AM
I think they got it back. Winning game 3 was a big feat, with the Knicks knowing it's a must win and the crowd too. They got their mojo back, no doubt.

gerber
04-23-2011, 11:58 AM
I swear to god, nba threads are the dumbest.

a team wins 2 straight and they get a thread, a team loses 2 straight and they get a thread, same goes for players.

Cano4prez
04-23-2011, 12:02 PM

a team wins 2 straight and they get a thread, a team loses 2 straight and they get a thread, same goes for players.

Typical PSD

gerber
04-23-2011, 12:04 PM
Typical PSD

no, u wont find that happening in the nfl or nhl forum. It does happen but no where close to the nba forum.

ManRam
04-23-2011, 12:05 PM
Who knows?

We'll find out against Miami.

hugepatsfan
04-23-2011, 12:06 PM
I think JO's D has brought it back. The guy is playing great, active defense. He's not the individual defender in one on one situations Perk is, but he rotates pretty well, blocks shots better than Perk could dream of, and provides better offense.

Hustlenomics
04-23-2011, 12:07 PM
It never left, you people just love to overreact

ManRam
04-23-2011, 12:09 PM
It very well could have never left, but for a while they did look kind of iffy...

However, that's their M.O. these past two years. Last year they finished 4th in the East, really limping into the playoffs, and then steamrolled through the competition.

heyman321
04-23-2011, 12:09 PM

I hate when people say this. "ooooh so and so did this, why do they get a thread?" Without those topics, this forum would be dead.

Seriously what are the kind of threads you want? ooooh man, let's talk about PER and how interesting the food prices in the arenas are.... jesus christ give me a break.

KnicksR4Real
04-23-2011, 01:43 PM
We almost beat them in the first 2, and we had a mental lapse in the third. No.

Ecko72jc
04-23-2011, 01:53 PM

But did the refs steal game three?

Purple&Gold24
04-23-2011, 02:00 PM
Their true colors will show for round 2.

redsox0717
04-23-2011, 02:04 PM

lmao @ 'mental lapse'

a mental lapse would be something like letting delonte inexcusably dribble the clock down in the closing seconds, NOT getting torched on your home court.

Lakers + Giants
04-23-2011, 02:11 PM
Im not gonna lie, I want to see Boston come out of the east. We have HCA over them and we match up well against them. It also wouldn't be bad to beat them in the finals again and tie them in championship :p

Mishmin
04-23-2011, 02:14 PM

Hah- mental lapse.. that's funny.

And back to the topic, did the swagger leave, is it back.. who knows. It's going to be a very interesting series with Miami that's for sure. Especially if J O'neal keeps playing like he is.

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-23-2011, 02:17 PM
The []_[] invented swagger

Ecko72jc
04-23-2011, 02:17 PM
Im not gonna lie, I want to see Boston come out of the east. We have HCA over them and we match up well against them. It also wouldn't be bad to beat them in the finals again and tie them in championship :p

Who says you coming out the West? Perk may not get injured again with OK city...

Twistedheat
04-23-2011, 02:19 PM
no, u wont find that happening in the nfl or nhl forum. It does happen but no where close to the nba forum.

So does it happen or not happen?

unwantedplayer
04-23-2011, 02:22 PM

Excuses excuses...

Almost doesn't apply to sports. It's either you win or you don't. Stop being a sore loser and accept the fact that the Celtics downright beat the Knicks game 3. But right, it's because of the refs that the Celts won those games.

But lol @ mental lapse, that's classic man.

Lakers + Giants
04-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Who says you coming out the West? Perk may not get injured again with OK city...

OKC? I thought u were serious there for a second. :laugh2:

Ecko72jc
04-23-2011, 02:28 PM
OKC? I thought u were serious there for a second. :laugh2:

The things Westbrook will do to Fisher shouldn't be shown to children. Pau is already acting soft vs a weak NO frontline. It won't be pretty for LA;)

Lakers + Giants
04-23-2011, 02:32 PM
The things Westbrook will do to Fisher shouldn't be shown to children. Pau is already acting soft vs a weak NO frontline. It won't be pretty for LA;)

The things Artest will do to durant in the playoffs AGAIN shouldn't be shown to children ;). I hav to admit last year RW raped fisher but when kobe guarded him he wasn't effective. If kobe can slow down CP3 he can slow down westbrook. I'm just glad we got barnes and artest, durant is going to have a tough time.:clap:

assisi805
04-23-2011, 02:32 PM
Not as much as the knicks just lost theirs

leftymo
04-23-2011, 02:36 PM

We are talking about the Thunder who are 1-2 against the Lakers this year, and have no post game right?

OKC still has to get past the #1 seed Spurs without HCA before they ever sniff the Lakers.

#4 seeds don't do anything in the NBA. Look it up...

As for Boston. Swagger doesn't come in the 1st round. It should be interesting to see how much Shaq can contribute, but the fact remains either the Heat or the Celtics will be bounced in the 2nd round this year.

Ecko72jc
04-23-2011, 02:37 PM
The things Artest will do to durant in the playoffs AGAIN shouldn't be shown to children ;). I hav to admit last year RW raped fisher but when kobe guarded him he wasn't effective. If kobe can slow down CP3 he can slow down westbrook. I'm just glad we got barnes and artest, durant is going to have a tough time.:clap:

Let Kobe waste all his energy on the defensive end. And remember the 15 years he has been in this league.

KingPosey
04-23-2011, 02:37 PM
PSD has made me hate the words "swagger" and "swag". Does everyone think the word makes you sound awesome if you say it?

But the Celtics were always fine. They did this at the end of the season last year, and I think they lost almost every game on their home court in the playoffs and still went to the finals. swagger. ****.

theheatles
04-23-2011, 02:38 PM
The []_[] invented swagger

/thread

Ecko72jc
04-23-2011, 02:39 PM
We are talking about the Thunder who are 1-2 against the Lakers this year, and have no post game right?

OKC still has to get past the #1 seed Spurs without HCA before they ever sniff the Lakers.

As for Boston. Swagger doesn't come in the 1st round. It should be interesting to see how much Shaq can contribute, but the fact remains either the Heat or the Celtics will be bounced in the 2nd round this year.

Celtics 2010...

Perk was not with that team until their last meeting..

theheatles
04-23-2011, 02:42 PM

celtics were a 4 seed last yr and made the finals...u should have looked it up

Lakers + Giants
04-23-2011, 02:43 PM
Let Kobe waste all his energy on the defensive end. And remember the 15 years he has been in this league.

He wasted all his energy guarding CP3 and lakers still won with kobe only taking 10 shots. BTW lakers are undefeated when kobe shots 15 or less, so what's your point?

Ecko72jc
04-23-2011, 02:47 PM
He wasted all his energy guarding CP3 and lakers still won with kobe only taking 10 shots. BTW lakers are undefeated when kobe shots 15 or less, so what's your point?

Kobe is still closing games regardless of shot attempts. Stats can be decieving considering most teams would want Kobe to shoot less. It does start with both bigs for LA and OKC has a chance to slow them down. Artest may snap back into lunatic diva mode while Durrant drops 35 a game. Kobe would need to respond but his legs will be too heavy....

leftymo
04-23-2011, 03:04 PM
celtics were a 4 seed last yr and made the finals...u should have looked it up

You are right, I did look it up... and you won't like the results because they don't favor your point.

The 2008 champions with 5 allstars and 3 HOF'ers did make a run to the finals as a 4 seed.

Another 4 seed also made the finals. It was a 60 win Mavericks team in 2006, which actually had the 2nd best record in the west, but given the 4 seed b/c of the other two division winners.

I looked up the last 20 years, #4 seeds. Here's what happens. (that would be 40 teams)

1st round exit - 20 teams (50%)
2nd round exit - 17 teams (42.5%)
Conference finals exit - 1 team (2.5%)
NBA Finals Exit - 2 teams (5%)
NBA Titles - 0 teams (0%)

The conference finals exit, was the Utah Jazz in 2007 after the #8 seed upset the Mavs, and hence the Jazz was the better team and advanced to the conference finals.

#4 seeds don't do anything... OKC will have to get past SA and NBA history has shown that they won't be favored and its unlikely they will make it as far as the Conference finals.

Death slot.

E.O.21
04-23-2011, 03:07 PM

:confused: Paul's been averaging like 23 and 10 in the series what are you talking about?? I still have the Lakers winning the west but i wouldnt be surprised if even the Mavs knock them up

Anyways, the celtics are looking real good right now but we'll see against Miami. If we can beat them we can beat anybody

E.O.21
04-23-2011, 03:10 PM
You are right, I did look it up... and you won't like the results because they don't favor your point.

The 2008 champions with 5 allstars and 3 HOF'ers did make a run to the finals as a 4 seed.

Another 4 seed also made the finals. It was a 60 win Mavericks team in 2006, which actually had the 2nd best record in the west, but given the 4 seed b/c of the other two division winners.

I looked up the last 20 years, #4 seeds. Here's what happens. (that would be 40 teams)

1st round exit - 20 teams (50%)
2nd round exit - 17 teams (42.5%)
Conference finals exit - 1 team (2.5%)
NBA Finals Exit - 2 teams (5%)
NBA Titles - 0 teams (0%)

The conference finals exit, was the Utah Jazz in 2007 after the #8 seed upset the Mavs, and hence the Jazz was the better team and advanced to the conference finals.

#4 seeds don't do anything... OKC will have to get past SA and NBA history has shown that they won't be favored and its unlikely they will make it as far as the Conference finals.

Death slot.

Dont get your point

Lakers + Giants
04-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Kobe is still closing games regardless of shot attempts. Stats can be decieving considering most teams would want Kobe to shoot less. It does start with both bigs for LA and OKC has a chance to slow them down. Artest may snap back into lunatic diva mode while Durrant drops 35 a game. Kobe would need to respond but his legs will be too heavy....

So you're saying it will take a worst case scenario (kobe being tired and Artest's D to fail) to beat the Lakers? Durant dropping 35 for the lakers to lose?LMAO, worst case scenarios are obviously going to work in your favor. Here's my best case scenario, Kobe shuts down westbrook, artest shuts down durant, Gasol goes back to normal. End of series lakers beat OKC 4-0.

Lakers + Giants
04-23-2011, 03:13 PM
:confused: Paul's been averaging like 23 and 10 in the series what are you talking about?? I still have the Lakers winning the west but i wouldnt be surprised if even the Mavs knock them up

Anyways, the celtics are looking real good right now but we'll see against Miami. If we can beat them we can beat anybody

Better than the 33-14 he had when lakers decided to have fisher/gasol guard him. :facepalm:

leftymo
04-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Dont get your point

:laugh:

fuuny...

E.O.21
04-23-2011, 03:18 PM
:laugh:

fuuny...

Your saying that OKC wont do anything because they were a #4 seed?? thats ********. If they had Perkins from the beggining of the season they would easily easily have the #2 spot..,. GTFO with your dumn stats

Lakers + Giants
04-23-2011, 03:28 PM
Your saying that OKC wont do anything because they were a #4 seed?? thats ********. If they had Perkins from the beggining of the season they would easily easily have the #2 spot..,. GTFO with your dumn stats

Well, the point is they are the 4th seed, and a 4th seed has never won the title according to his stats. It doesn't matter if they would have a better record had they started with perkins, the whole point is that they are still 4th seed. No ifs, ands or buts.

mjqusoldier
04-23-2011, 03:49 PM
not really theyre playing a inferior team without Billups and Amare.

m26555
04-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Their swagger never left. I don't know when people are going to get it through their thick heads that Boston does not give a crap about the final month of the season.