PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Free Agency: If Kobe Signed with Chicago

Dr.Manhatten
04-23-2011, 04:08 AM
I know it's a "what if" statement, but this is scary to think about. Hypothetically, if Kobe opted out last year, without re-signing with LA (although he did it during the playoffs), how many championships would the Bulls win? Would Kobe's window for rings be higher? And would his legacy take a hit?

Bulls lineup:

Rose
Kobe
Deng
Boozer
Noah

Talk about balance, I don't know how you could defend that team. Not only that, but defensively they'd still be beasts. I think his legacy takes a hit though in that situation. Could've retired a Laker, and best Laker ever, but instead goes to the Bulls.

How many 'ships do you think that Bulls team would get?

Kobes a Killer
04-23-2011, 04:33 AM
Threads just keep getting dumber and dumber. This site is getting a bad rep

J-Relo
04-23-2011, 04:34 AM
I know it's a "what if" statement, but this is scary to think about. Hypothetically, if Kobe opted out last year, without re-signing with LA (although he did it during the playoffs), how many championships would the Bulls win? Would Kobe's window for rings be higher? And would his legacy take a hit?

Bulls lineup:

Rose
Kobe
Deng
Boozer
Noah

Talk about balance, I don't know how you could defend that team. Not only that, but defensively they'd still be beasts. I think his legacy takes a hit though in that situation. Could've retired a Laker, and best Laker ever, but instead goes to the Bulls.

do you know about such a thing as a salary cap?

Gators123
04-23-2011, 04:41 AM

Bulls lineup:

Rose
Kobe
Deng
Boozer
Noah

This is one of the rare occasions a facepalm is necessary.

:facepalm:

brodawgs
04-23-2011, 04:48 AM
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Mochalman
04-23-2011, 04:50 AM
Threads like this is why I stay out of the NBA forum.

bklynny67
04-23-2011, 05:01 AM
i vote 0 just cuz this thread is dumb

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-23-2011, 05:51 AM
lol

Niro
04-23-2011, 06:06 AM
:punish

AntiG
04-23-2011, 12:20 PM
ZOmg what if Kobe had taken the MLE and signed with the Celtics!!! We'd have gone like 73-9!

Chacarron
04-23-2011, 12:24 PM
This is funny. If Kobe signed with Chicago, the Utah boys, Boozer, Korver and Brewer, would not be Bulls because there is something called a salary cap.

Cano4prez
04-23-2011, 12:27 PM
:clap:

hotpotato1092
04-23-2011, 12:31 PM
I'll actually answer the question because that's sort of the point of threads. There are several factors to consider:

- Does Rose still make his leap with Kobe handling the ball a lot of the time?

- They still would have been able to sign Boozer (remember, they traded Hinrich to clear space for two maxes), but they would not have had the money for Korver or Brewer.

- How does the chemistry work? Kobe isn't known for being a great teammate (I'm not bashing him, MJ wasn't a great teammate either). One of the great things about this Bulls team is that they all love playing together. Does that happen if Kobe's there?

- Does Kobe clash with Thibadeau? Phil Jackson knows not to make Kobe practice because of his injuries, but would Thibs? He's an authoritarian, I think there would have been some issues there.

Overall I think it'd be a great team, they'd win a few rings while Kobe was still elite, but in the end the Bulls can't really complain because they have great team as is.

Avenged
04-23-2011, 12:33 PM
This is going nowhere.. Way to kill another thread.