PDA

View Full Version : Would the Lakers trade Kobe?

NetsPaint
04-23-2011, 02:15 AM
I know how much he means to that franchise, but if you could get a young superstar in return, do you think they'd do it? And who would it be for?

I don't know if he has a no-trade clause on his contract, so...

lakerboy
04-23-2011, 02:18 AM
No. With this team right now, we can seriously contend for maybe 2 more rings after this year.

Without Kobe, you are just another team.

Quote me on this, YOUNG TEAMS ARE OVERRATED.

mttwlsn16
04-23-2011, 02:25 AM
:facepalm:

i mean i guess if they could land a trio of young stars, then u maaaaaybe consider it, but there is no way kobe gets dealt from the lakers. he is the face of that team

thats like suggesting the heat trade lebron, bulls trade rose, clippers trade blake, thunder trade durant, etc.
not happening

Becks2307
04-23-2011, 02:28 AM
kobe is always gonna get u about 23-24 ppg and 27+ in the playoffs if needed, even when he is 36...u keep him, if u trade kobe u dont win. period.

abe_froman
04-23-2011, 02:28 AM
this deserves a face palm

but to answer your actual question.yes,kobe has a ntc

flclfanman
04-23-2011, 02:31 AM
No. With this team right now, we can seriously contend for maybe 2 more rings after this year.

Without Kobe, you are just another team. With a better defense, a deep bench and a HoF coach with a HoF system

Fixed :eyebrow:

Do you know how many games the Lakers would have won in blowouts if he didn't play so much Hero Ball? Kobe is entering that area where is current confidence is outweighing his current talent. We all know Phil would LOVE to trade his stubborn, overpaid ***. But hey it's Kobe so :shrug:

GunFactor187
04-23-2011, 02:34 AM
They almost did trade him to us (The Detroit Pistons) for Rip Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince, Amir Johnson, and several draft picks.

NetsPaint
04-23-2011, 02:36 AM
Not saying it'd happen or anything, but I don't know why people are face palming the idea of Kobe for LeBron or Durant straight up. If you were GM of the Lakers would you face palm a GM for offering you a high scoring, point-forward, who also defends and rebounds?

Or even Durant, who may not be on Kobe's level aside from maybe scoring, but having someone at that age who does what he does, and is MUCH younger, not sure why some of you think there would be no chance if for some reason that opportunity arose (there isn't now, but yeah).

D Roses Bulls
04-23-2011, 02:38 AM
WTF? @ this this but yes, for lebron, rose, howard, and wade because they are all younger and dominating.

on a side note , if you dont think rose than you havent been watching the playoffs or the NBA all year.

Gators123
04-23-2011, 02:43 AM
Kobe for Wade.

:eyebrow:

NetsPaint
04-23-2011, 02:45 AM
For the record, I brought up Kobe because he's established as a Lakers legend who brought titles.

I do not like that the Knicks traded Ewing, even at that point of his career (didn't win a championship, but made them contenders for many years) and didn't get anything significant out of it.

Would the Lakers keep Kobe just BECAUSE of what he has done even if they could get a young superstar? Sure, Kobe still has it, but I'm talking about getting, LeBron, or Durant, or Rose.

nolin
04-23-2011, 02:45 AM
I know how much he means to that franchise, but if you could get a young superstar in return, do you think they'd do it? And who would it be for?

really?? at this point of his career kobe doesnt have great trade value. and why would they trade the face of their franchise kobe will retire a laker. wheres a mod to close this thread????

Bruno
04-23-2011, 02:49 AM
Bryant has a no trade clause in his contract. No trade goes through without his sign off. Hopefully he's a Laker for life. At worst he goes through some kind of Favre situation at the very end of his career.

TRF929
04-23-2011, 02:51 AM

i mean i guess if they could land a trio of young stars, then u maaaaaybe consider it, but there is no way kobe gets dealt from the lakers. he is the face of that team

thats like suggesting the heat trade lebron, bulls trade rose, clippers trade blake, thunder trade durant, etc.
not happening

I disagree, its not like trading the other players. Their all young, Kobe isn't but no I don't see them trading him

It's like the Spurs trading Duncan, theres an old guy for ya. Both will retire on current teams, but of those two I would see Kobe traded before Duncan.

Garnett stays Celtic, with Pierce
Nash idk, I could see him traded
Who else is old

Hellcrooner
04-23-2011, 02:52 AM
No.
but not because of his quality or loyalty or wathever.

but because NO ONE would make an offer that made sense for someone his age.

So he is more valuable to us than to other teams.
Pau is getting to that poin too, could MAYBE be worht trading THIS offseason but after that not so much.

No one is gonna trade you Durant, Rose or Lebron for 30`+ Kobe much as his fans want to beleive he is god, he isnt he is an OLD player and you dont trade all your cows for an old player.

Wade>You
04-23-2011, 03:20 AM
A Kobe trade wouldn't make sense for either side.

Dude is locked up till 2014 at around 27mil/yr. No team currently assembled can trade for him and expect to be the favorite to win, which at this point in Kobe's career, you gotta take advantage of.

Jewelz0376
04-23-2011, 03:22 AM
No.
but not because of his quality or loyalty or wathever.

but because NO ONE would make an offer that made sense for someone his age.

So he is more valuable to us than to other teams.
Pau is getting to that poin too, could MAYBE be worht trading THIS offseason but after that not so much.

No one is gonna trade you Durant, Rose or Lebron for 30`+ Kobe much as his fans want to beleive he is god, he isnt he is an OLD player and you dont trade all your cows for an old player.

Thank you captain obvious

iggypop123
04-23-2011, 03:23 AM
no trade clause, loyalty, contract, he is still elite etc

northsid3r
04-23-2011, 03:43 AM
I don't think they would, and he probably wouldn't want to be traded.

John Walls Era
04-23-2011, 03:52 AM
If the worst team in the league would offer 3 of their first round picks non protected and maybe 3 young studs then for sure. Trading Kobe for other veterens wouldn't make sense.
But thats an ideal situation, realistically Kobe is a Laker as long as he wants to be one.

Dr.Manhatten
04-23-2011, 03:57 AM
He'll retire a laker

kblo247
04-23-2011, 04:13 AM
Kobe has made LA alone at least $80M annually every year sans Shaq. He is the biggest draw the franchise has ever had. Time Warner agreed to pay the Lakers $3B to air their games and get a vault of his past games to market specifically according to Mason and Ireland's show when the deal was announced. You are out your mind if you think Buss give up the best cash cow in the league bar Jordan, especially trading him away in the process after he is the longest tenured Laker and will most likely have won more than any other Laker before him (not named fish)

millerandco
04-23-2011, 04:26 AM
For the record, I brought up Kobe because he's established as a Lakers legend who brought titles.

I do not like that the Knicks traded Ewing, even at that point of his career (didn't win a championship, but made them contenders for many years) and didn't get anything significant out of it.

Would the Lakers keep Kobe just BECAUSE of what he has done even if they could get a young superstar? Sure, Kobe still has it, but I'm talking about getting, LeBron, or Durant, or Rose.

do you really think that OKC would trade durant the league point leader for kobe? i love kobe but that trade would never ever happen.

LA will keep kobe since he's still the best and sells jerseys. wouldn't make any sense to split this core now

Method28
04-23-2011, 04:44 AM
Would and Should are different scenarios....but both end with the answer NO.

Its not because hes the best player in the NBA...because he isnt anymore. Its because he means more to the team and the city than any other player in the NBA would. LA LOVES Kobe. Trust me, i live here. Its disgusting lol

They wouldnt...and they shouldnt for the same reasons. Now if we're talking strictly about improving the team....after Phil leaves and the triangle is ditched (if it is) then sure....it wouldnt be a bad idea depending on the return. But the backlash would NOT be good and it would be a bad all-around buisness move.

championships
04-23-2011, 04:48 AM
He has a NTC in his contract. He will reitre a laker.

magichatnumber9
04-23-2011, 06:13 AM
has anyone said no yet?

MickeyMgl
04-23-2011, 06:22 AM

No. They wouldn't. For anybody. Under any circumstances.

Lim
04-23-2011, 06:27 AM
very doubtful, i want to see him retire a laker but you never know. who cares if he has a no trade clause? if things get bad in LA, aka they get knocked out of the playoffs for a few years in a row, then i can see him demanding a trade like he did during the kwame brown years. again though, very doubtful.

MickeyMgl
04-23-2011, 06:30 AM

Consider this. The Lakers re-signed Fisher rather than take the PR hit by letting him go. Sometimes a player is just too popular to let go. It's not as if they couldn't have acquired somebody better than Fisher. In Kobe's case, there might be at most three players who are even at his level anyway.

They just wouldn't do it. Kobe = $$$. If his game slips too far, they'd rather ease him into retirement amicably. Have a ceremony. Retire the jersey, etc. And then rebuild. I tell you, they would probably *prefer* that.

Iron24th
04-23-2011, 07:37 AM
Did chicago traded MJ? No.

Kobe is our MJ in LA.

SP17
04-23-2011, 07:52 AM
He has an NTC so this is going nowhere...

Plus who would want to trade for young players for KObe., His contract for the next 3 years will paralyze any team he is traded to and I dont think he will approved any trade.

PhillyFaninLA
04-23-2011, 08:18 AM
There is nothing the Lakers could get because of age that another team would realistically give up. If you trade a young superstar you don't want to get 10 years older. I don't think Kobe would get traded any time soon for that reason.

ragee
04-23-2011, 08:26 AM
I don't think so... Plus, doesn't he have a no trade clause? Or it wasn't renewed when he signed an extension?

ldawg
04-23-2011, 08:32 AM
only for both Lebron and Wade because it will take two of them to win rings. Kobe>Wade and Lebron. see i can't happen.

PhillyFaninLA
04-23-2011, 09:19 AM
Consider this. The Lakers re-signed Fisher rather than take the PR hit by letting him go. Sometimes a player is just too popular to let go. It's not as if they couldn't have acquired somebody better than Fisher. In Kobe's case, there might be at most three players who are even at his level anyway.

They just wouldn't do it. Kobe = $$$. If his game slips too far, they'd rather ease him into retirement amicably. Have a ceremony. Retire the jersey, etc. And then rebuild. I tell you, they would probably *prefer* that.

While I agree with the bolded statement I'm going to offer a different perspective.

This Sixers traded A.I. and got Andre Miller and some first round picks. They got Young and Speights with those picks, important parts of the Sixers future, but they also had the team change enough to end up drafting Jrue Holliday and Evan Turner and who knows how good they will be. Turner has shown promise despite limited minutes and Jrue Holliday at 20 has shown he has the ability to become one of the elite PG's in the game down the road.

My point is when you trade a superstar you aren't going to get equal value day 1 but overtime you may get more. In the case of the Sixers if Young, Speights, Holliday, and Turner develop properly and I think Doug Collins should be able to make that happen in a few years the Sixers could develop into a really good team and with the right moves elite. This is a direct result of trading Iverson and the players we got as a result of draft picks acquired and the record we had without him.

If you trade Kobe you would have to get 2 - 5 first rounders and a good replacement player. But as I said in another post, the Lakers won't trade Kobe because no one would give them the right players for the Lakers to take it.

jzero
04-23-2011, 09:40 AM

uhh your window is definitely closing

Raidaz4Life
04-23-2011, 09:42 AM
No they wouldn't

JasonJohnHorn
04-23-2011, 10:03 AM

I'm not even a Lakers fan, but I gotta say, the squad you guys have, has what it takes to compete for at least five season. Kobe has phenomial conditioning and he will be playing at the level he is at for at least another three years, and will be playing near this level through to his later 30's. I can see him still putting up all-star numbers at 37. Lets know forget Jordan was 34 when he won his last title, and everybody knows he still had a couple more seasons in him then, and when he came back, with a few years off, he still put up 20+ a game.

Bynum, if he can stay healthy (big if) is just about to enter his prime. Gasol is a skilled big man, and we all know centers and forwards generally have longer careers, especially ones with good all-around O-games and work ethic. Gasol has both, and is only 30 years old. He's going to be relevent at 35 barring injury (look at Duncan, 34 years old and he has just started to slow down). Artest is only 31 and since he focuses on defence he is a speciality player and those type of players tend to stick around longer (look at Bruce Bowen as an example). And lets not forget Odom, who is only 31 himself, and a versatile forward, with a great back-to-the-basket game that will help him stay relevent until his mid thirties.

Those are just their current core guys. And we all know there is a thing called the draft and free agency. Free agence take pay cuts to play with winners, and LA should have no problem getting solid role players to sign at a discount.

This Lakers squad will be a contender through to 2016 as long as onwership doesnt mind shelling out the cash.

No need to even talk about trading Kobe, and besides, he has a no-trade clause. He can block any trade he doesnt like.

Bottom line, dont worry about sounding like a homer. You can admit your boys got what it takes to take 6 in a row!

JasonJohnHorn
04-23-2011, 10:12 AM

How is the window closing when they have a young center entering his prime, a 30 year-old 7 footer (Gasol) who is the best player at his position, two 31 year old-forwards (Artest/Odom) who have the conditioning needed to play well into their mid-late thirties (just look at guys like Bruce Bowen, McDysse, Wallace and other such players who have made big contributions to contenders in their late 30s). And with youngs guys like Brown and Blake, and the ring chasers who will no doubt tag a long with the draft picks they get, this team's window is not closing anytime in the next four years.

Kobe is 32, not 42, and dude gets smarter ever season he plays. There is no slowing down in his game, only subtles changes (like improving his post up game and jumpers) which will allow him to player longer.

Jordan was posting 20+ at 39, and he didnt have Bynum, Gasol and guys like Odom and Artest (not to mention Barnes, Blake and Brown) to help him along. Look at Karl Malone, John Stockton, Reggie Miller. These guys played into their late 30s and early 40s and their conditioning kept them effective. Kobe has the work ethic to maintain the level he is at.

As Rudy T said: Never underestimate the heart of a champion.

BALLER R
04-23-2011, 10:19 AM
Kobe is the face of Los Angeles when you think athlete

PrettyBoyJ
04-23-2011, 10:23 AM
No way lakers trade Kobe.. He just won the last 2 championships and prob this year.. Why mess up a good thing.. Besides if anyone that would get traded it will prob. be Ron Artest or lamar Odom

nickdymez
04-23-2011, 10:39 AM

not happening

You mean wade right? Because Wade won a championship for the Heat..

And no, the lakers would never trade Kobe because that would mean they are trying to rebuild. And the lakers pretty much never rebuild.

BALLER R
04-23-2011, 10:42 AM
I don't think the lakers would trade kobe,odom or fisher. it's more likely bynum, gasol and maybe artest

nickdymez
04-23-2011, 10:45 AM
I don't think the lakers would trade kobe,odom or fisher. it's more likely bynum, gasol and maybe artest

what? The lakers arent trading Bynum or Gasol... wtf? You think the lakers would trade Gasol before Odom??

PHX2daDEATH
04-23-2011, 11:17 AM
Trying to find some logic in this..and I'm running down the list of teams that could offer a fair deal to L.A that would benefit their future because YES every single team would make an offer if the Lakers were dangling..and I'm going to quote Ricky Bobby and say thats just 'straight up dumb' Lakers would be a 4 or 5 seed without Kobe's competitive spirit driving this team..they are the Bulls with no Jordan, Good enough to make the playoffs but wouldn't beat the Celtics Bulls or Heat if they got to the Finals

tyfreaks brotha
04-23-2011, 11:36 AM
Kobe is over-rated. He sure is a hella of a player though. He's near the end of his career why not got established young talent?

SP17
04-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Trying to find some logic in this..and I'm running down the list of teams that could offer a fair deal to L.A that would benefit their future because YES every single team would make an offer if the Lakers were dangling..and I'm going to quote Ricky Bobby and say thats just 'straight up dumb' Lakers would be a 4 or 5 seed without Kobe's competitive spirit driving this team..they are the Bulls with no Jordan, Good enough to make the playoffs but wouldn't beat the Celtics Bulls or Heat if they got to the Finals

Whatever the lakers do they wont have the rights to trade kobe.Only Kobe Bean Bryant has an NTC in the nba..Why the **** would he wiaved that if he is traded to a middle of the pack playoff team from a contender? any logic to that?:confused:

Lakers4ItAll
04-23-2011, 01:13 PM
You don't trade a guy that brought you 5 rings and possibly more.

lakers4sho
04-23-2011, 02:12 PM
Whatever the lakers do they wont have the rights to trade kobe.Only Kobe Bean Bryant has an NTC in the nba..Why the **** would he wiaved that if he is traded to a middle of the pack playoff team from a contender? any logic to that?:confused:

Try again.

KingPosey
04-23-2011, 02:24 PM
WTF? @ this this but yes, for lebron, rose, howard, and wade because they are all younger and dominating.

on a side note , if you dont think rose than you havent been watching the playoffs or the NBA all year.

He is shooting 36% in the playoffs, I wouldnt go crazy there....

And most people would want Kobe on their team to win a ring over Rose today. maybe in a year or two that changes.

EDIT: He went 6-22 today. Im sure its lower now.

lakerboy
04-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Fixed :eyebrow:

Do you know how many games the Lakers would have won in blowouts if he didn't play so much Hero Ball? Kobe is entering that area where is current confidence is outweighing his current talent. We all know Phil would LOVE to trade his stubborn, overpaid ***. But hey it's Kobe so :shrug:

I think I've watched more Lakers game than you.

We won't be as dominant without Kobe.

Deep bench? LMAO. It's more like Barnes and Odom.

Phil Jackson leaves next year.

lakerboy
04-23-2011, 02:30 PM

They said that about the Celtics 3 years ago. Right now they are poised to beat your boys again.

We'll have more rings with an old Kobe at 32 than you'll have with Lebron and Wade combined.

Young teams are overrated

Hellcrooner
04-23-2011, 03:36 PM
of course theres a trade kobe scenario.

on the last year of his contract.

Some team wants to rebuild and needs to make salarty cap space.

so we trade them kobe for their STAR and 1 or 2 bad contracts.
They buy out kobe and kobe signs back with us.

:p

assisi805
04-23-2011, 04:23 PM
Eric maynor for Kobe Bryant? ... Ill draw up the paper work.

ru55
04-23-2011, 04:38 PM
no

ne3xchamps
04-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Eric maynor for Kobe Bryant? ... Ill draw up the paper work.

:confused: are you the GM of OKC??

NYK BaLLaS
04-23-2011, 04:44 PM
back after shaq left,they were talking about a trade that featured ben gordon and luol deng for kobe

kArSoN RyDaH
04-23-2011, 04:52 PM
Jerry Buss said it best when he said if someone proposed a trade for KObe they better trade their entire team, coaching staff, and stadium if they wanted him. Haha.

So true.

No one knows how much Kobe means to LA. He's a GOD here. Literally worshipped. I wouldn't trade him EVER! Just because of what he's done for us.

I mean every year he's been #1 jersey sells and still up top. He brings in revenue. Simple and plain. And he wins? What better combination?

NYK BaLLaS
04-23-2011, 05:05 PM
thanks for the infooooooooooo sherlock!

welcome wise fan...im pretty sure youd fail the IQ test if PSd had one in order to make an account

NBAfan4life
04-23-2011, 05:15 PM
Talent wise I am sure it would make sense.

Business wise no, they make so much money off of Kobe it would never be worth it.

NTC end thread/

kArSoN RyDaH
04-23-2011, 05:28 PM
Lakers would never trade Kobe. Just like they would never trade Magic. Bulls never traded MJ. Simple and plain, You don't trade guys like that.

Iron24th
04-23-2011, 05:32 PM

Considering boston and SA windows aren't closed yet,our window is far from being close.

kArSoN RyDaH
04-23-2011, 05:41 PM
^^^ So true. If Boston and SA's window was still open these past 2 years then we have 4-6 left.

Geargo Wallace
04-23-2011, 05:44 PM
welcome wise fan...im pretty sure youd fail the IQ test if PSd had one in order to make an account

I know eh? University students generally have low IQ's...

You talk about IQ's after you point out a useless fact and don't offer any kind of opinion. Now back to the topic. We're talking about the focal point of the last 2 championship teams. We're talking about one of the least expendable players in the league right now. No way Kobe would be traded. I hate Kobe, and I would be outraged if LA traded him. Kobe means more to LA than just what he does on the court. A trade would have to be highly in favour for the Lakers to compensate for that. Pointing out the disgruntled, not winning Kobe of '07 has no bearing on the GM's interests today.

Assuming that I'm an idiot would be like me assuming that you're another uneducated, homer Knicks fan... oh wait.

lakers4sho
04-23-2011, 06:29 PM
of course theres a trade kobe scenario.

on the last year of his contract.

Some team wants to rebuild and needs to make salarty cap space.

so we trade them kobe for their STAR and 1 or 2 bad contracts.
They buy out kobe and kobe signs back with us.

:p

:clap: :clap:

Eagles4Lyfe
04-23-2011, 09:24 PM
I know eh? University students generally have low IQ's...

You talk about IQ's after you point out a useless fact and don't offer any kind of opinion. Now back to the topic. We're talking about the focal point of the last 2 championship teams. We're talking about one of the least expendable players in the league right now. No way Kobe would be traded. I hate Kobe, and I would be outraged if LA traded him. Kobe means more to LA than just what he does on the court. A trade would have to be highly in favour for the Lakers to compensate for that. Pointing out the disgruntled, not winning Kobe of '07 has no bearing on the GM's interests today.

Assuming that I'm an idiot would be like me assuming that you're another uneducated, homer Knicks fan... oh wait.

:clap::clap::clap: And the crowd is sitll on their feet as the ovations get louder:clap::clap::clap:

KingPosey
04-23-2011, 09:57 PM
Jerry Buss said it best when he said if someone proposed a trade for KObe they better trade their entire team, coaching staff, and stadium if they wanted him. Haha.

So true.

No one knows how much Kobe means to LA. He's a GOD here. Literally worshipped. I wouldn't trade him EVER! Just because of what he's done for us.

I mean every year he's been #1 jersey sells and still up top. He brings in revenue. Simple and plain. And he wins? What better combination?

Lakers would never trade Kobe. Just like they would never trade Magic. Bulls never traded MJ. Simple and plain, You don't trade guys like that.

I prefer the traditional delivery of "plain and simple."

unleashthebeast
04-23-2011, 11:25 PM
no the lakers will never trade kobe. he is LA right now, it just doesnt make sense at all for them to move him

Trueblue2
04-23-2011, 11:32 PM
No, he's done too much for the franchise.

And there's no way the trade would be worth it. As much as it sucks to say he's getting old and his skills are deteriorating, no team is gonna be willing to give up the talent needed to land him because hes not gonna be the same Kobe for very long.

Russollini
04-23-2011, 11:46 PM
I think the Lakers would be smart to move him for a young, proven stud, but what team would actually want to trade young stud, for a past prime and aging superstar. If they were ever going to consider doing this, they should have done it right after they won the ring. He was showing a decline, but it was not as obvious as it is now, and could have been explained away as a nagging injury or a long season. At this point he is a Laker for life unless someone like Jordan or Sterling decide that the aging star will fill seats and they give up way to much for a name.

The other issue here is Kobe. I do not think he would want to go anywhere at this point either, and with his NTC he is in control.

MrfadeawayJB
04-23-2011, 11:51 PM
only if he requested a trade, which he won't...he will retire a laker

D Roses Bulls
04-24-2011, 01:41 AM
He is shooting 36% in the playoffs, I wouldnt go crazy there....

And most people would want Kobe on their team to win a ring over Rose today. maybe in a year or two that changes.

EDIT: He went 6-22 today. Im sure its lower now.

36 percent but has his team up to a 3-1 lead and got them to 62 wins this year. he's not allen iverson. he actually makes his team better. but that's my opinion

ldawg
04-24-2011, 09:24 AM
only for both Lebron and Wade because it will take two of them playing together to win rings. Kobe>Wade and Lebron. see it can't happen.

kArSoN RyDaH
04-24-2011, 02:38 PM
Rose, despite his percentages, has carried that team in the clutch PLAIN AND SIMPLE. ;)

J4KOP99
04-24-2011, 02:41 PM
If, for whatever reason, Miami offered LeBron or OKC offered Durant... then yes, I think they would pull the trigger.

kArSoN RyDaH
04-24-2011, 02:45 PM
If, for whatever reason, Miami offered LeBron or OKC offered Durant... then yes, I think they would pull the trigger.

Right now? I don't think they would pull the trigger. Buss is one of the few owners who develops personal relationships with his players and actually talks to them. Him and Kobe have a special relationship and I doubt that RIGHT NOW he would do that.

LakersSaintsLSU
04-24-2011, 03:26 PM
only way we trade kobe is for kobe go back in time and bring the kobe from lower marion to the nba now then yea well tradem BUT THAT AINT HAPPININ'!!!!

Hellcrooner
04-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Right now? I don't think they would pull the trigger. Buss is one of the few owners who develops personal relationships with his players and actually talks to them. Him and Kobe have a special relationship and I doubt that RIGHT NOW he would do that.

yes we would hands down

but

1 they are not going to offer those players for an aging kobe

2 kobe would say No to a thunder trade, and not really sure he would want to play for heat, he has ntc.

so.

nope , kkobe is staying a laker save the expiring year scenario , trade for star and bad contract be bought out and sign back.

naps
04-24-2011, 03:42 PM
Not saying it'd happen or anything, but I don't know why people are face palming the idea of Kobe for LeBron or Durant straight up. If you were GM of the Lakers would you face palm a GM for offering you a high scoring, point-forward, who also defends and rebounds?

Or even Durant, who may not be on Kobe's level aside from maybe scoring, but having someone at that age who does what he does, and is MUCH younger, not sure why some of you think there would be no chance if for some reason that opportunity arose (there isn't now, but yeah).

And why the hell on earth Heat/Thunder would offer LeBron/Durant for Kobe again? He won't be traded because pretty much nobody will give up any young talent for Kobe. They will get some picks and some Eddy Currys, Troy Murphys, Tyshaun Princes etc for him at this moment.

SoxBearsBulls!
04-24-2011, 04:43 PM

Kobe is our MJ in LA.

This

KingPosey
04-25-2011, 12:52 AM
Rose, despite his percentages, has carried that team in the clutch PLAIN AND SIMPLE. ;)

lol fair enough.

Im not saying Rose isnt carrying the load for his team, but a lot of people in Chicago think he is playing A LOT greater than he actually is.

AIRMAR72
04-25-2011, 01:28 AM
ive said this on here about da lakers trading kobe and fish for melo and lawson and YES they should trade kobe at 32 he looks 70 compare to pip and jordan and 38yr ol grant hill who is quicker than kobe there are other guys who can name but kobe cant go HARD for 48min and da lakers have to think about the franchies future it happen everyone he'll be traded

SP17
04-25-2011, 01:37 AM
ive said this on here about da lakers trading kobe and fish for melo and lawson and YES they should trade kobe at 32 he looks 70 compare to pip and jordan and 38yr ol grant hill who is quicker than kobe there are other guys who can name but kobe cant go HARD for 48min and da lakers have to think about the franchies future it happen everyone he'll be traded

Do you know he has a NO TRADE CLAUSE?
why the hell would he waived that?
why in the world would a team want a declining player who would be earning 20+ million for 3 more years?:confused:

richiesaurus310
04-25-2011, 01:45 AM
It's possible only because this franchise did trade Shaq not that long ago, but IDK what they could possibly get in return that they would actually pull the trigger. Plus Kobe would have to waive his no-trade clause.

I think theyd do it for durant and westbrook though right now just to answer the thread question.

SP17
04-25-2011, 01:51 AM
It's possible only because this franchise did trade Shaq not that long ago, but IDK what they could possibly get in return that they would actually pull the trigger. Plus Kobe would have to waive his no-trade clause.

I think theyd do it for durant and westbrook though right now just to answer the thread question.

again why in the world would kobe waive that NTC? you go for a contender to a potential middle seed? i dont think he would allow that to happen.. Also it would be plain stupid for a team to trade young good players for kobe who is old.
Another thing is., Kobe earns a lot of money any team that would trade for him will need to match those salaries.

AIRMAR72
04-25-2011, 01:52 AM
Do you know he has a NO TRADE CLAUSE?
why the hell would he waived that?
why in the world would a team want a declining player who would be earning 20+ million for 3 more years?:confused:
lakers are one of the few team(franchies) in league that can get ANY player or do ANY trade they want if the package benifit da LAKERS dont be surprise if they trade him it happens to all former stars in ANY sport they(lakers) have improve with younger hungry guys its business after you sign your name

SP17
04-25-2011, 01:57 AM
lakers are one of the few team(franchies) in league that can get ANY player or do ANY trade they want if the package benifit da LAKERS dont be surprise if they trade him it happens to all former stars in ANY sport they(lakers) have improve with younger hungry guys its business after you sign your name

LOL man...Do you know that ONLY Kobe Bryant in the NBA has a NO TRade CLause? No one ever had that so your reasoning is going nowhere.:facepalm:

sunsfan88
04-25-2011, 04:25 AM
No one would make a offer for Kobe that would seem good enough to the Lakers. Kobe is worth more to the Lakers than he is to any other team at age 34.

Its kind of like trading Nash for us.

Purple&Gold24
04-25-2011, 04:48 AM
Nope

AIRMAR72
04-25-2011, 05:24 AM
LOL man...Do you know that ONLY Kobe Bryant in the NBA has a NO TRade CLause? No one ever had that so your reasoning is going nowhere.:facepalm:
my friend its CALLED business at end of the day the franchies comes first nobody is bigger than the franchies all players are tools,pawns etc their all exspendable you as fan should know this trade clause means nothing ITS ALL ABOUT THE FRANCHIES AND winning making your city fans happy

rufo4100
04-25-2011, 09:21 AM

I could see them trading Kobe but not next season unless he demanded it. I think Kobe finishes his career in LA...they will look to build around what they have...like they should.

SP17
04-25-2011, 02:18 PM
my friend its CALLED business at end of the day the franchies comes first nobody is bigger than the franchies all players are tools,pawns etc their all exspendable you as fan should know this trade clause means nothing ITS ALL ABOUT THE FRANCHIES AND winning making your city fans happy

My friend care to have some common sense? What the hell could a franchise do if he has an NTC and wont waive it...Care to google or research what is a NO TRADE CLAUSE so you dont answer with those stupid things.. seems to me you have no idea what it is..LOL:facepalm:

heyman321
04-25-2011, 02:31 PM

Actually Dirk has one too.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-25-2011, 02:42 PM

No.

Even if you removed Kobe from that Laker squad, and replaced him with no body. Laker's are a playoff team still. Pau lead a less talented Grizzlie team to the playoffs. Now you add. Odom, Fish, Bynum, Artest = Playoff team. If you replace Kobe with Ray Allen, orrrr Vince Carter they still get to the Finals/ Laker's fans won't admitt it. But the Laker's are still good without Kobe.

RaidersLakers24
04-25-2011, 02:54 PM
No ****en way he gets traded for anyone Idc if we got Lebron or Howard back in return no way in hell! kobe is and was the player I grew up watching and When I grow old I'll always remember Kobe for what he brought to the lakers no matter how injured or sick he was he always brought it 110% of the time... Sorry Kobe bryant is the lakers the greatest laker ever! I'm sure every lakers fan who grew up watching Kobe and idolizing him would feel the same way he will retire a laker because the lakers organization said so!
People from other teams say they would trade Kobe but they aren't laker fans so they don't know... It's like people saying would you trade magic for a prime jordan? I would still say no! Would you trade Jordan at 36 for a 20 year old Kobe? No and it's all because of loyalty and because of what the player brought to the franchise!
Kobe will forever be known as a Los Angeles Laker!

RaidersLakers24
04-25-2011, 03:13 PM
No.

Even if you removed Kobe from that Laker squad, and replaced him with no body. Laker's are a playoff team still. Pau lead a less talented Grizzlie team to the playoffs. Now you add. Odom, Fish, Bynum, Artest = Playoff team. If you replace Kobe with Ray Allen, orrrr Vince Carter they still get to the Finals/ Laker's fans won't admitt it. But the Laker's are still good without Kobe.

Can someone please delete this guys account please!!! Did you Seriously say if we replace Kobe with ray allen or Vince Carter and they go to the finals hahaha child please! Only dumb uneducated Knick and heat fans would say that like yourself(no offense to stebo and all the other smart posters on psd)
You my friend deserve a :facepalm:

basketfan4life
04-25-2011, 03:15 PM
if he didn't have a ntc and got shipped to another team, he would bring that city a c'ship...Karma is a ***** and kobe is that great...i can't believe people make stuff up like he is declining but he isn't yet...he just plays 5-6 minutes less than he used to...

mikealike305
04-25-2011, 03:18 PM
kobe is declining.

AIRMAR72
04-25-2011, 03:33 PM
My friend care to have some common sense? What the hell could a franchise do if he has an NTC and wont waive it...Care to google or research what is a NO TRADE CLAUSE so you dont answer with those stupid things.. seems to me you have no idea what it is..LOL:facepalm:
i keep forgetting you guys wouldnt know are understand the dirt that goes on in this business LOOK its means nothing ITS LIKE SAYING YOU CANT OWN A GUN without a gun license trade clause means nothing when a team is trying to get better all player are expendable regardles to what a owner say to the media if they have chance to get a younger star your GONE

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-25-2011, 03:51 PM
Can someone please delete this guys account please!!! Did you Seriously say if we replace Kobe with ray allen or Vince Carter and they go to the finals hahaha child please! Only dumb uneducated Knick and heat fans would say that like yourself(no offense to stebo and all the other smart posters on psd)
You my friend deserve a :facepalm:

lol...What do you mean did I seriously say that? U read what I said... & your reaction is exactly what I expected from a Kobe fan in denial :D Yet you didn't give me any reason to prove me wrong. Rather you just used an illogical fallacy and tried insulting me by getting personal. I win!

RaidersLakers24
04-25-2011, 04:01 PM
Haha you win for saying ray Allen or vincarter would carry the lakers o the finals... Yeah you definately win the stupidest response award... But enough of this I'm don't talking to someone who doesn't know the value and greatness of Kobe Bryant

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-25-2011, 04:09 PM
Haha you win for saying ray Allen or vincarter would carry the lakers o the finals... Yeah you definately win the stupidest response award... But enough of this I'm don't talking to someone who doesn't know the value and greatness of Kobe Bryant

No I win because you have no clue how to argue or to even have a discussion. So you sir, are in no position to question my inteligence. Take a media literacy class. I never said Kobe wasn't great, Nor did I say Ray allen or Vince Carter would single-handedly carry the team to Finals, & even if I did Kobe couldn't/didn't carry the Laker single handedly either... But I am saying he's replacable.

RaidersLakers24
04-25-2011, 04:38 PM
No I win because you have no clue how to argue or to even have a discussion. So you sir, are in no position to question my inteligence. Take a media literacy class. I never said Kobe wasn't great, Nor did I say Ray allen or Vince Carter would single-handedly carry the team to Finals, & even if I did Kobe couldn't/didn't carry the Laker single handedly either... But I am saying he's replacable.

No no no you see what you basically said was ray Allen or Vince Carter could carry the lakers to the promise land which is absurd Vince Carter couldn't even carry the suns to the playoffs! Get over yourself

llemon
04-25-2011, 04:54 PM
At this point in time, who would trade for Kobe's contract?

RaidersLakers24
04-25-2011, 04:56 PM
^^^ it's Kobe come on atleast 15 teams would so they can sell jerseys and fill the stadiums

SP17
04-25-2011, 07:04 PM
Actually Dirk has one too.

Oh my bad..did he get one in his new contract?

SP17
04-25-2011, 07:11 PM
i keep forgetting you guys wouldnt know are understand the dirt that goes on in this business LOOK its means nothing ITS LIKE SAYING YOU CANT OWN A GUN without a gun license trade clause means nothing when a team is trying to get better all player are expendable regardles to what a owner say to the media if they have chance to get a younger star your GONE

Dude I advise you research or check what you type before you do because this is going nowhere...Plss read the meaning of NO TRADE CLAUSE? so you could fully understand..Just googling the words might help you understand it..thanks! :facepalm:

yfern328
04-25-2011, 07:30 PM
Just close this thread. What an asinine question.

icej
04-25-2011, 08:40 PM

Kobe is our MJ in LA.

One of the funniest post ever. :clap: :laugh:

How could chicago trade the the best player in the planet that is still #1 in all area at his late age (never had any decline in chicago before he retired 2nd time) and is still giving them championships after championships?

KObe as great as he is ain't #1 no more not even top 5 anymore in my book, and is very clearly on a decline this season is just the beginning.

Having said that, I also don't agree that LA trade him for anyone either than the younger top 5 but who in the right mind would trade a young top 5 player for a declining superstar no matter the face value.

Gasol is likely to be dealt since he is still tradable and LA knows that gasol's time is also running short.

SP17
04-25-2011, 09:00 PM
One of the funniest post ever. :clap: :laugh:

How could chicago trade the the best player in the planet that is still #1 in all area at his late age (never had any decline in chicago before he retired 2nd time) and is still giving them championships after championships?

KObe as great as he is ain't #1 no more not even top 5 anymore in my book, and is very clearly on a decline this season is just the beginning.

Having said that, I also don't agree that LA trade him for anyone either than the younger top 5 but who in the right mind would trade a young top 5 player for a declining superstar no matter the face value.

Gasol is likely to be dealt since he is still tradable and LA knows that gasol's time is also running short.

How did that become funny? dont know if you get his point..

I think he meant that Kobe is a valuable to the lakers as Mj to bulls..
dont know why you think that's funny..Your over analyzing too much.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-26-2011, 11:15 AM
No no no you see what you basically said was ray Allen or Vince Carter could carry the lakers to the promise land which is absurd Vince Carter couldn't even carry the suns to the playoffs! Get over yourself

Obviously you didn't read the post.

thekmp211
04-26-2011, 12:11 PM
cant think of a single plausible scenario where it happens. lakers won't get fair value, but the only teams i could see actually going after him (older contenders) wouldn't have the necessary young talent. he should be a career laker, anyway.

basketfan4life
04-26-2011, 12:26 PM
wow, just wow, the guy is the most achieved active player and not even appreciated, getting bashed non-stop...lakers would never trade Kobe.

also icej,who won the last to c'ships? you find that post funny, then you go beyond funny.

Avenged
04-26-2011, 12:34 PM
No.

This is the most insane thing I have read in a while.. Wow.. I mean, there's just no way someone can actually believe this..

:pity:

AIRMAR72
04-26-2011, 12:43 PM
Dude I advise you research or check what you type before you do because this is going nowhere...Plss read the meaning of NO TRADE CLAUSE? so you could fully understand..Just googling the words might help you understand it..thanks! :facepalm:

for the future you need to start thinking outside the BOX your reading from google lol its business not charity in professional sports owners break the rules and ima leave it there

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-26-2011, 02:31 PM
This is the most insane thing I have read in a while.. Wow.. I mean, there's just no way someone can actually believe this..

:pity:

Still you can't make a point proving my post wrong...

TheGiantYankee
04-26-2011, 02:36 PM
Kobe = Jeter

Never will happen

KnicksR4Real
04-26-2011, 02:48 PM
No

smith&wesson
04-26-2011, 02:54 PM
No.

midwestmadman
04-26-2011, 02:56 PM
I'd so no, unless Kobe demands a trade, I think Kobe is still wearing the pants over the GM, VP and anyone else in the organization outside of Jerry Buss.

Gibby23
04-26-2011, 03:38 PM
Still you can't make a point proving my post wrong...

Because you posted something stupid and it was a what if statement. You can not provide points or facts to prove something wrong if it never happened. it's your opinion but far from fact.

RaiderLakersA's
04-26-2011, 04:57 PM
Yes, the Lakers would trade Kobe, if his contract allowed it. In fact, they've considered it once or twice before years ago.

However, there isn't a single team in the league presently, except for possibly the Heat that could move comparable players for his services. Mitch would probably want both Wade and LeBron to give you the full spectrum of passion, skill, drive and experience that is embodied in one Kobe. Kobe still trumps both as a better all around teacher of the game at this stage. Kobe has longevity and consistent greatness over a longer stretch of time than anyone in the league. That experience is irreplaceable. You hope to match it in another player, but you don't want to forego those intangibles completely.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a Kobe fan first and foremost. I'm a Lakers fan first and foremost. Player appreciation and loyalty comes second to that. Not a far distant second, but second nonetheless. I'd move any player on our squad, if it would make us a better championship level team. I'm sure our GM and owner feels the same.

ayuntalo
04-26-2011, 05:06 PM
yes laker will trade kobe for dick vitale.
seriously, stop smoking what ever that is.
only way lakers trade kobe is if kobe stays in the game 7 more years, begin to suck and still be demanding even though he cant shoot or defend anymore

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-27-2011, 12:15 PM
Because you posted something stupid and it was a what if statement. You can not provide points or facts to prove something wrong if it never happened. it's your opinion but far from fact.

Fact is the Laker's are still a good team without Kobe!