PDA

View Full Version : Mark Cuban Hit in The Face By Object Thrown From Stands During Game 3

towlsmoke420
04-22-2011, 06:12 PM
PORTLAND, Ore. -- An object thrown from the Rose Garden stands hit Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban in the face during Thursday night's Game 3 loss to the Portland Trail Blazers.

The incident occurred midway through the fourth quarter after Cuban had been interacting with the fans in the section behind the Mavericks' bench. Cuban was not injured.

"I don't know what it was, but something hit me in the face," said Cuban, who encouraged fans to boo him more by putting his hand by his ear.

Extra security was assigned to the area behind the Mavericks' bench for the remainder of the game. There were no other issues.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=6407664

Chi StateOfMind
04-22-2011, 06:20 PM
Coulda end up bein Palace Of Auburn Hills Vol. 2 up in there....

SteBO
04-22-2011, 06:23 PM
Portland fans are hostile, but not classless. I gotta say I was actually surprised this happened. Those fans are normally well behaved.

Kashmir13579
04-22-2011, 06:25 PM
i love Cuban :laugh2:

he's got the best ego.

mzgrizz
04-22-2011, 06:32 PM
No one should throw things at anyone, much less a recognizable personality(hint; you might be spotted on video!!). Who wants to lose their ability to attend games ?? But if you taunt the crowd, he shouldn't be too surprised that emotions get the best of fans, especially during the playoffs.

Ray_R
04-22-2011, 06:32 PM
http://youtu.be/WGIv7MxAn-A - Reenactment

Chi StateOfMind
04-22-2011, 06:35 PM

yo this sh-- is funny as hell that kid is fat as hell 2.....his turkey neck was wigglin' LMFAO!!!!

funny stuff kept replayin it

ChitownSports16
04-22-2011, 06:35 PM
noooooo, cant be right... Bulls fans are worst then other team fans!

ChitownSports16
04-22-2011, 06:36 PM

that **** is funny

nolin
04-22-2011, 06:37 PM
this shows how classless blazer fans are. you think they would of learned something after what happened with indy and detroit

HesterTrain
04-22-2011, 06:42 PM
Classless is stupid in this case. They were being taunted by the opposing teams owner. Cubin has been known to do stuff like this, so IMO he got what he deserved.

210Don
04-22-2011, 06:47 PM
hell yeah!!!! **** cuban

Mudvayne91
04-22-2011, 06:47 PM
There's idiots in every state. Judging a whole fanbase off an individual's actions is unfair.

Gram
04-22-2011, 06:53 PM
this shows how classless blazer fans are. you think they would of learned something after what happened with indy and detroit

lol.

avrpatsfan
04-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Even though Cuban invited this it's still classless.

jiggin
04-22-2011, 07:01 PM
word was, it was a gum wrapper...

jiggin
04-22-2011, 07:02 PM
LOL at classless...

...uhhh, the blazer fan base has been praised by the media, players, coaches and league for being one of the best in the game.

Media personality and players are FLOORED by the fan base in portland. You might want to check your facts. One incident does not soil the entire fan base...LOL

PS - I am a season ticket holder and have been for several years. I have seen several fights break out between blazer fans and the opposing teams fans...but I can almost guarantee that is is from people stirring up trouble from the other fan base. See, blazers fans are not recreational fans. They know their stuff for the most part and 95% are die hards, especially in the MANY season ticket sections.
Just to give you a little history, 1977 through 1995, the team sold out 814 consecutive home games, the longest such streak in American professional sports. That streak started again with the rebirth of the team in 2007...and has sold out since 2008 every game.

We don't **** around in Portland when it comes to the Blazers or NBA basketball, and I truly and honestly believe that the Portland Trailblazer fanbase is the BEST in the entire league...hands down. I have never met a larger body of fans that are more knowledgeable and dedicated to their team (through thick and thin) than in Portland. And its part of the reason I am proud to be a fan.

assisi805
04-22-2011, 07:05 PM
Their just jealous

jiggin
04-22-2011, 07:19 PM
quote inBlazers edge and an eye witness account:

A projectile was launched from the crowd, striking Mark Cuban square in the left cheek. I watched the calamity unfold from my baseline seat, approximately 30 feet from the now forlorn Cuban. The projectile was the go to weapon of the elementary arsenal: the wadded up straw wrapper.

I did not see the thrower, but given the trajectory and distance this shot must have covered, it was the kind of thing of which middle school legends are made. Cuban whirled around in his chair to stare down the crowd, surely striking the fear of God into the perpetrator. Portland security moved in to form a wall behind Cuban when he reacted, fearlessly putting their own well being on the line to protect the Mavs owner from another straw wrapper barrage.

As silly as it sounds, I have to think this is the attack Cuban was referring to in the media. Immediately following this security moved in, and it was mid way through the 4th quarter as Cuban said. Whether it was a straw wrapper or gum wrapper, I can not say with complete certainty. But I can say with certainty given the manner the projectile flew, and the way it bounced off the face of Cuban that it was a very small piece of wadded up paper.

Unfortunate that this will undoubtedly reflect poorly on a Portland fan base that has already been portrayed as nothing short of rabid. The quote from Cuban has already made front page ESPN coverage.

http://www.blazersedge.com/2011/4/22/2127179/the-projectile-that-struck-cubans-face-a-first-hand-account

grain of salt, but it is a story and it is Mark Cuban...Lord knows this guy can't sit quietly if there isn't a story line about him.

or

taking some of the heat away from the loss his team just was handed.

nice work Cuban :clap: :clap: you are a pro

TheHoopsProphet
04-22-2011, 07:40 PM
I can only hope it was a monkey wrench!

drew_ellis_23
04-22-2011, 07:54 PM
It was me and he had it coming

drew_ellis_23
04-22-2011, 07:58 PM
word was, it was a gum wrapper...

It was a gum wrapper with a wadded up piece of gum in it so I knew it would make it the distance. I was 4 rows behind him:D

BKdoubleStacker
04-22-2011, 08:28 PM

yea, because an action of one fan represents an entire fan base.

kingbrentg
04-22-2011, 08:36 PM
It was a Bulls fan.

northsid3r
04-22-2011, 11:38 PM
Heard it came from Dirk's Pants

THINKBLUE15
04-23-2011, 12:01 AM
Cuban is awesome. Buy the Dodgers. I beg.

Selig lets Mccourt buy a team on credit but rejects all of Cuban's proposals? BS. Mark Cuban in LA with no salary cap....

Hawkeye15
04-23-2011, 12:09 AM
as brutal as this sounds, maybe Mark should sit in the owner's box, or the equivalent on the road. It may have honestly won him a ring in 2006 if he would stay away from the floor...

Lakerhead4ever
04-23-2011, 12:20 AM
i bet the mav team be embarrass by cuban actions.

i really think about, cuban brags and talks sh** throughout the whole season and playoffs, be what does he ever have to back it up?

at this point every one is use to seeing mavs win 50+, but we are use to them exiting the post season second round

Cuban needs to relax

gatkins11
04-23-2011, 01:05 AM
as brutal as this sounds, maybe Mark should sit in the owner's box, or the equivalent on the road. It may have honestly won him a ring in 2006 if he would stay away from the floor...

As much as I like Cuban, this is spot on.

Bruno
04-23-2011, 01:10 AM
Portland fans make it a tough place to play. I don't think anybody wants to play a best of seven with 3 or 4 of the games at the Rose Garden.

goblazers7
04-23-2011, 01:17 AM
This "object" was later described as a gum wrapper or a straw.

classless...

gaughan333
04-23-2011, 01:20 AM
Cuban is awesome. Buy the Dodgers. I beg.

Selig lets Mccourt buy a team on credit but rejects all of Cuban's proposals? BS. Mark Cuban in LA with no salary cap....

He tried to buy the cubs. MLB wouldn't let him. Cuban is a dick and that is why i love him. Any fan base would be happy to have an owner who cares that much about his team.

Bruno
04-23-2011, 01:24 AM

Agreed.

It's alright to be passionate about your team, and I bet half of the NBA fans wish their owner cared as much about their franchise as Cuban does about the Mavs. But there comes a point where you become a distraction to your team (see 2006 NBA finals).

koLohe2133
04-23-2011, 01:53 AM
Someone should throw the keys to Chavez ravine at him

assisi805
04-23-2011, 04:15 PM
don't get it, anyone cool enough to be on entourage is cool in my books.

jiggin
04-23-2011, 04:20 PM
He tried to buy the cubs. MLB wouldn't let him. Cuban is a dick and that is why i love him. Any fan base would be happy to have an owner who cares that much about his team.

not if they come off looking like a douche bag every chance they get.

See...people that act like punks don't get what they want most of the time. Cuban does in some aspects, because he is a billionaire. But his actions have seriously hindered not only hit teams success but his own personal business success and what could have been with several other sports entities he has had interest in.

If he weren't a douche...he would be an amazing person and owner.

But he can't where the shoes that his money has purchased him. That's really sad. Its like watching a redneck win the lottery. You know its fun to watch but a train wreck is around every corner. And then when the fun wears off...its just sad and pathetic looking.

As I said in the Blazers-Mavs game thread, word is...security will be watching HIM and his section closely tonight. They have already expressed their concern over him and his interaction with the crowd reportedly telling him that if he acts a certain way, they can only do so much. LOL

spreadeagle
04-23-2011, 04:29 PM

Are you kidding! Cuban is a rich spoiled brat,who encourages opposing fans to hate him,dump a beer on his head any day lol

spreadeagle
04-23-2011, 04:31 PM
I can only hope it was a monkey wrench!

:D lmoa

Nikeman
04-23-2011, 07:55 PM
Yea, and Mark Cuban has a ton of class...

Please...